Old 02-01-2007, 09:41 PM   #1  

Default Super Easy Yoga/Pilates Videos?

I'm starting back after having my baby and packing on the pounds. My husband is interested in starting too. But, we need a basic beginners video. Any suggestions?
Emerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 10:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 126/114/115

Height: 5'3"

Living Arts and Gaiam are two companies that produce great yoga DVDs. You can find one for beginners.
MicheleKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Leslie Sansone:

You Can Do Yoga

You Can Do Pilates

They are both very beginner level workouts-good for getting a bit of strength and flexibility before you try other, more difficult dvds.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 08:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 181/178/130

I like the Gaiam/Living Arts Am/PM yoga for beginners. But I find the AM is easy, the PM hurts.

I do think they have other videos though, and there's one that's very long for beginners, but it explains all yoga poses and you usually do about 20 minutes worth at a time.
Katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 06:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Winsor pilates for beginners is wonderful. That is what i started on and got addicted.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:33 PM   #6  

Maybe try Just My Size Yoga by Megan Garcia. It is sold on Amazon.

Yoga zone videos are very good for beginners also.

Sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

I like Kathy Smith's first yoga DVD, which came out some time in the late 90s. They sell a DVD that has the first one, her second one, which is harder, and another lower body workout all in one. My husband and I do the first yoga workout every Sunday, and we love it. It's not terribly challenging, though there are poses and moves I had trouble with at first. I didn't push myself, though, and eventually got stronger so now I can do it all pretty well. At some point I'll move up to the tougher workout -- that's the good thing about having it all on one DVD. Also, you can do just the standing poses or just the floor poses if you're short on time. My husband's superfit but he still gets benefits from it. He believes it's making him a stronger runner. It's one of the few workouts he and I can actually do together! I believe he bought it from Amazon.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 03:48 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 246/244/143

Height: 5'6''

I think the Gaiam Pilates for Weight Loss with Ana Cabàn is the best.

I woulnd't recommend Winsor Pilates for newbies however as it mixes beginner and advanced moves and doesn't transition properly for a beginner so there is a risk of injury. But if you are somewhat experienced already it's probably ok.
FitMomEB is offline   Reply With Quote