Support Groups - Weighty Issues #49: Let's Get Back To Sexy!

melekalikimaka
02-01-2007, 04:13 PM
:welcome3: to the February 2007 Weighty Issues Thread. We've gotten through January, are your New Year resolutions still on the front burner? If not, let's turn up the heat and get down to business. I want to be happy, healthy and sexy for my man this Valentine's day, how about you?

Need some new inspiration? We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life, spread out from the East Coast :coolsnow: to the West Coast :shocksn: and the sunny Pacific :sunny: :rain: .

We support :cheer2: :congrat: each other through the highs :high: and lows :( of every day life--it's not just about weight loss :goodscale , it's about LIFE :dunno: . If you have something to say :gossip: or need a shoulder to cry on :cry: , come on in, :comp:
grab a chair and stay awhile :cofdate: . You'll be glad you did.

melekalikimaka
02-01-2007, 04:24 PM
For the month of January I had a total loss of 8.4 lbs. I am probably weighing in at WW tomorrow but I will count those as February lbs. How'd everyone else do?

Mmmmm, I just had my yummy coffee and a low-fat blueberry muffin (I'm counting it as 6 pts) from Starbucks. Not the greatest breakfast but tasty and the coffee sure gives me a kick. It's a cool 73 degrees and the sun is out this morning but it is quite a bit overcast w/thundershowers forecast for the afternoon. I hope to be home by the time they hit. Michael is out on a field trip today so I hope the sun holds out for them.

Karen, I didn't quite need the fireplace just yet :D, I'm sure you're firing up your heat though and snuggling up with your girls to keep you warm. A nice pot of stew sounds great for a cold day. It reminds me of times when my mom would have a pot simmering on the stove after a rainy day at school. You're shooting for 10 miles a day woman?!! You are amazing with your motivation, go for it! You may not need that walking group come spring, your pounds will melt away with the snow :lol:

So did you catch American Idol last night? It was pretty good I think. I did catch that older gentleman singing You Belong To Me (i think that's the name of the song) but I didn't get the back story on him, something about his wife passing away... he had a nice voice. So who were your favorites?

Kempyd
02-01-2007, 08:04 PM
BRRRR Karen that does not sound like a place I would want to live. I am a true southern and it shows when I get cold at 50. At least you are going to be pushing your dogs, mine drag me so I guess we are getting 2 diffrent kinds of resistnace. :lol:

Noelle you are doing good on WW. I have not started it yet and I might not. I seem to be doing pretty good with all the intense workouts. I have dropped 5lbs over the past week though. I am pretty sure most of it was water. I will take it though.

I orderd that book by Dr. Oz, the new one. My sis has it and said she really likes it. I am wondering if there is anythign that I don't already know in there. I swear I read every health book I can get my hands on. Funny, I usually can't take everything from them that I need to make weight loss stick.

Kempyd
02-02-2007, 11:26 AM
Good morning. I am cleaning today. Doesn't that sound like fun? The fun part is not I have a place to put all of the stuff that has been sitting on the floor in the office. I guess I never realized how much stuff I had stored in the wrong place at the other house. I guess you do what you have with what you have.

What is eveyone up to today? Karen are you able to get out of your house?

Karen31
02-02-2007, 11:43 AM
Ok I'm not happy today!! I got on those "MEAN OLD SCALES" :mad: and I gained a pound this week. I've really been trying hard and doingthe WATP's videos everyday. At least 3 or 4 miles each day, 150 crunches on the ab lounge and then 30 minutes on the treadmill (another mile) I've been using the SlimFast shakes and meal bars for breakfast and lunch and then having a good dinner at night with my hubby. :) So I think I will try to do something different--- Anybody have any suggestions? This morning I decided to have a poached egg, and 1 piece of whole wheat toast ( I make my own bread) that way I don't get all the preservatives that they add in the bread at the stores. Of course at my age maybe I should want to get all the preservatives that I can!!! :rofl: I've thought about the weight watchers plan but this Winter I wouldn't have been able to go to most of the meetings which are about 25 miles away from home.

Ok -- on to better thoughts--- We have blue skies and sunshine this morning.. BUT it was still minus 20 when we got up. We are supposed to get up to 6 degrees today!! :woohoo: But the weatherman keeps promising that we have 40 and 50 degrees coming next week. :cheer: I sure hope so.

Well, I'm going to go and start my WATP's video and get that done. Hope everyone has a good day and I'll check back later.
Karen

Kempyd
02-02-2007, 11:51 AM
Karen have you not been working out very much over the past 6 month? I am betting that you are starting to build some muscle. It is always darkest before the dawn. Sorry, I hate saying that but it is true. That was once of the biggest complaint from women when i worked at the gym. You just have to keep pushing through it. Do you chart your losses and gains? If you did you would see the downward slope. Have you tried fitday to recor dwhat you are eating? You might not be eating enough and your body is trying to hold on to everything. Aren't our bodies mean sometimes?

melekalikimaka
02-02-2007, 12:02 PM
Good morning ladies, I am up bright and early. We had some high winds forecast last night (which I didn't even notice!) and the power company was going to do some rolling blackouts to mitigate any possible damage. I had to set my cell phone to wake me up in case the power didn't go on.

I have a bunch of appointments today, WI, pre-op tests and my nail/pedi appt. I actually had to call the doctor earlier this week to ask about nail polish etc. during the surgery. He said it was ok for me to have the acrylics on, but no polish until after the procedure--how ugly will that be? :lol: Sounds like a stupid question but I just had to know. The surgery's on Monday morning and why pay to get my nails done if I'll just have to take them off? :rolleyes:

Karen, I've heard that your muscles will retain water initially when you start working out, due to the natural repair process. Just keep doing what you're doing and you will most likely see a drop on the scale next week. Eating whole foods will probably give you more nutrition with the same amount of calories as that SF shake and you will feel fuller longer with more fiber. Just a suggestion. Of course, it's just a pound--I had a gain as well last week, but I'm looking to drop that right off this morning at WW :lol:

Kempy, great job on the 5 lbs lost!!! :cp: Don't downplay it, celebrate it! You would just die if you saw all the cr@p I had in my house. Talk about clutter! I WISH that I could have those people from the Clean House TV show come over and organize and renovate my house. Too bad they only do homes in the Los Angeles area. :(

Well, I better get moving today. There's no school today and my parents are taking Michael out for the day. I'll be back later w/my WI results. Wish me luck! :crossed:

Karen31
02-02-2007, 12:15 PM
Hi Kempyd, No I really haven't been working out at all until the first of the year. I have been using the slim fast site to record the foods that I have eaten and also the gains and losses. But I did set up the fitday and I have put in my breakfast there this morning. Maybe I will track it there and see what I can find out.

Noelle, You are probably right about the whole foods deal. I'm going to really try to track exactly what I'm eating and see just what the records show. I know these mornings when it has been so cold I would have rather had a nice warm bowl of oatmeal than a cold shake!!

And I am just going to keep working out like I have been and I'm still determined to get to the 10 miles a day. I refuse to let this beat me!
Karen

Kempyd
02-02-2007, 01:09 PM
WHO NEEDS CARDIO WHEN YOU HAVE DURAN DURAN AND A MOP!!!! :lol:

I swear I am sweating like I do at the gym. I sure do hop no one can see me. I am sure I look silly danceing and mopping. Hey, at least I am not sitting on the sofa.

Karen I would start to add some flax seed to what you eat. I put some on my salad. It is fiber and helps you fill up. You can even mix it with a shake.

melekalikimaka
02-02-2007, 04:34 PM
"Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand..." :jig:
Kempy, you are burning up those calories that's for sure.

I am back from my WI and am down 3 lbs this week! :carrot: That's a relief because I was UP last week. So I am doing the happy dance :dance: Can't wait til I'm back in one-derland again.

Karen, oatmeal's a great choice for breakfast. Lots of fiber to keep you satisfied until lunch time. Have you ever tried steel cut oats or Irish Oatmeal? They are different than the Quaker type, I like them.

It is a little nippy here, still hasn't reached 70 degrees yet. My feet are freezing on the bare floor. I know, I'm not complaining :D

Karen31
02-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Hi There, It's funny that you mentioned flax seed--- my hubby doesn't like any fish (except tuna on a sandwich) and we just bought Fish oil and Flaxseed Oil. So I know we don't get near as much as the Omega 3 that we should. Can you buy just the regular flaxseed at a grocery store or do yu need to go to a health store?

Noelle, I've never heard of the steel cut oats or Irish Oatmeal. Where do you get them? I was checking and I have some Cream of Wheat too. At least that would be a good start I think. I was thinking back and it seems like for the last "SEVERAL" years that I have been trying to lose weight and bought SLimfast or other diet foods that I will lose 3 or 4 and then gain. So maybe I will just try to count calories and heat more healthy now and see if that works better.
I had to Laugh when you said it was a little "nippy" there. We have a high temperature today of 4 with winds blowing between 40 and 60 mph!! So snow is blowing everywhere!! You can look up and see blue sky and sunshine but you can't see your hand in front of your face!! I thought I was going to have to weight the dogs down to let them outside!! And they sure don't stay out any longer than they need to!
Take care and stay warm------- Karen

Kempyd
02-02-2007, 09:16 PM
Good job Noelle. You will be there before you know it. I was really boogieing when Girls on film was on. LOVE THAT BAND!!

Karen we have a great store her that has a huge healthy living section. I think you should be able to buy it in a bag at a regular store. I know that you will be able to find them in a health food place. You can always call first to see of they carry it.

I never had any luck with Slim Fast either. When I counted cals b4 WW I did great.

calnative
02-03-2007, 12:39 AM
Karen: I use the Slim Fast for breakfast because I'm not a breakfast person. I figure it gives me most of what I need and I usually last until lunch. Sometimes, during my break time I'll eat a couple of peanut butter crackers. Don't know if they're really good for me, but they keep me having a growling stomach (which of course is never loud unless the room is dead quiet :dizzy: )

Noelle: It's a little nippy here as well. Our high was somewhere around 60 today. It's been quite a cold winter so far, but I'm definitely not complaining; the heat will be here before we know it.

Kempy: I like that band also. It's my sister's favorite band. It seems strange to hear their songs on the oldies stations. :o

Cal

melekalikimaka
02-03-2007, 01:11 AM
Hey ladies, Rick is taking me out tonight (WOW!) we are going to a comedy club for some laughs. He has to work all day tomorrow, then I am having dinner with my girlfriends. Sunday is the Super Bowl so I will probably either go shopping or catch a movie w/my sisters. My surgery is on Monday and i have to report at 5:30 a.m. so I will be laid up for a few days at least, I may not be able to get downstairs to where my computer is at. I should ask one of my nephews if I can borrow their laptop for just a few days...

Hey Cal, I think our high was in the mid 70's but the wind is blowing so it is still nippy :lol:

Karen, I wanted to mention that I've had success w/the SF plan which I used to do in the late 90's and maybe even in 02 when I started posting here w/these guys. Both times I've used the soy protein formula so I could mix it with water instead of milk because I can't tolerate too much milk. I lost 20 lbs then promptly got pregnant :lol: I was 26 then, so the weight loss probably helped me in that respect. I did lose 20+ lbs in 02 doing SF again, but I was getting too hungry and needed to eat food. My husband loves SF and can drop weight with it really quickly....men! :mad:

Kempy/Cal...I've got (and have always had) dibs on John Taylor :love: :p

Kempyd
02-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Noelle I hope your surgury goes well today. I am going to ahve to keep on top of this thread to keep it on the 1st page. You can have John as long as I get Simon!!!!

We stayed home yesterday and watched the game. I didn't ahve much chouce though. I was sick and being far from home was not an option. I persoanly thought the commercial and the half tim show sucked. That is really why I watch it. Unless the Saints are in it I am just there to be entertained.

I have my evaluation at the gym in the morning. I am sure the weight is the same as last time but I am keeping my fingers crossed for some drop in body fat. God know I have been working hard.

Cal it has been pretty chilly here too but I am not complaining either. Before too long I will be sweating.

Karen I meant to ask, what do you do? If you havn't figured out I am a stay at home wife. (no kids) I love it!!

Kempyd
02-05-2007, 07:43 PM
HELLOOOOOO (is there an echo in here?)

Karen31
02-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Hello All,
Noelle, I sure hope your surgery went real well today and you are up and feeling great in no time at all. :)

Kempyd, I also am a stay at home wife. I have 2 grown sons and 4 grandkids AND 2 pomeranians!! SNICKER:) They are my kids now! And I love spoiling them!!

I just took these pictures yesterday morning of the front of our house. So needless to say I haven't been able to get the stroller out at all! Right now in town they barely have room for cars on the road and most of sidewalks are still covered! But I did walk the 3 miles Super Fat Burning work out this morning. And I want to get the 1 mile Get up and get started and the 2 mile High Calorie burn done this afternoon. When I get that done I will have done 6 miles today!

We do have about 50 degrees here today and that is supposed to continue for hte next couple days when we have another storm coming in! At this rate it will be June before all the snow melts here!

Well, you all have a good day and I'll check back later to see what's going on with everyone! Karen

calnative
02-05-2007, 11:37 PM
Noelle: I, too, hope the surgery went well. Post when you are able and let us know how you are doing.

Karen: The pics were great. I couldn't imagine having snow like that. It was 83 here today; a bit warm, but very nice.

Kempy: I hope your check up shows what you want.

I think I'm beginning to count down to Spring break. I was so exhausted today and I don't know why....just tired.

Cal

Kempyd
02-06-2007, 10:34 AM
OMG Karen that is alot of snow. There are pics from when I was little standing in front of 6' of snow but I don't remember it. It looks so pretty though. My 2 dogs (labs) are my kids too. Although they runn all over me sometimes. I soemtimes wonder if they think I am another dog and not momma.

Cal our high today is 70 and I am really looking oforward to it. Yesterday I sat outside in the sun and read for a bit. I just loved it. I love to open all of the windows too so this is my kind of weather. I don't blame you for counting down. I woudl be too. Are you going anywhere for it?

Noelle I hope you are doing ok and they gave you some good meds!

Not to scare you but back in my hometown they foudn teh chied of police dead Sunday. He had back surgury not to long ago and was addicted to pain pills. Well, he had been drinking and they found him in his bathroom on the floor. They think he chocked on his own vomit (tmi sorry). What a terrible way to go.

I am supposed to go to the gym this morning for my evaluation. I am not going to stay to work out though. I am still nto feeling 100% and I don't want to agravate my system by doing the elliptical. Karen you make me think I should get those DVD's for days like today.

Karen31
02-06-2007, 11:04 AM
Good Morning!!!:coffee: I'm so excited this morning! We have sunshine :sunny: and it is already up to 30 degrees and it is only 7:45 am!! :cheer2: We are supposed to get into the 50's today and that will feel so good!! But then tomorrow night -- more cold is supposed to come in and probably be here just in time to give us more snow for the weekend! That will make 8 weekends in a row!! :(

Kempyd, My cousin who lives in Aurora has "Labradoodles" She just had a litter of puppies born and ready to leave now. They are so cute. I went ahead and put her website here so you can look and see how cute the puppies are if you want.
http://www.adhonayslabradoodles.com/
She started with a standard poodle male and 2 labradoodle puppies females. I guess they make excellent service dogs since they are strong and smart and don't shed! :)
I really like the WATP videos. I planned on doing the 2 mile high calorie burn and the 1 mile get up and get started vidoes yesterday afternoon but yesterday was the first time that I had done the 3 mile super fat burn one and my legs were really feeling it. I'm hoping to do it today though. :) :dust:

Hi Cal, my hubby and I have talked about moving to Arizona someday. We have a 5th wheel trailer and right now our vacations are spent visiting his Dad in PA. and my Dad in MO. Which is the way it should be for now-- they are both 87 and 88 years old. Both our Mom's passed away about 5 years ago. But we plan to go to Arizona when we can and see just how things are down there. Way back in 1976 we went to NM for his sisters wedding and we kind of "breezed" through Flagstaff and it looked very pretty. But we barely had enough time to go to the wedding so really didn't get to see much. :dizzy: We did go to the Grand Canyon!:cp:

Well, guess I'd better get busy this morning. You all have a good day and I'll check back later. Karen

Kempyd
02-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Well crap, now I am in a bad mood. I don't know if the guy who did my test the first time did the calipers wrong but I have gottne FATTER and I have really been working hard. At least I though so. Now I am in a bad mood. Maybe I shoudl stay home today so I am not barking at people. BLAH!!!

Karen31
02-06-2007, 12:47 PM
Hi Kempyd, Don't let that get you down.. Who knows about those mechanical things and the HUMANS that use them!! I know not to long ago I went in and had a yearly exam and I've always had blood pressure on the low normal side--- well this time it was way high!! Of course the dr. then had me come in twice a week just for a blood pressure check! And it never read that high again. Last week when my hubby went in (he does have high blood pressure) but it was sky high even with the meds... he made them go to a second machine and it read perfect! So don't take what they told you as gospel!
Just keep working hard and you will really feel good for you----
Karen

Kempyd
02-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Thanks Karen. My hubby said the same thing. It is just amazing to me how I let what she said affect my day. She made me feel that everything I do in the gym is a waste b/c I don't do what they want people to follow. I kept telling her that I was doing things old school and she just kept throwing things at me that I am not doing. I feel that my hubby and I have lifted wieghts for long enough to know what we are doing but after leaving there I felt like an idiot.

I got the book You on a diet. I just got to the part about what to eat and how to exercise. I think it is written really well. It has taken alot of coplicated things and made them easy to understand. I will have to let you guys know what I think about the food part. I am sure that once I put Joe and myself on it he will drop 20 lbs. :rolleyes:

Kempyd
02-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Good morning. I don't have muuch panned for today. I need to run to Target but that is it. I have some curtains in our sparroom that need to be taken up. I had them at the old house and they are way to long. I am going to cheat though, I bought stich witchery. I love that stuff. If you mess up you can pull it right out and do it again. Well, Joe has been on me about fixing them and I guess I will do it today.

I do feel a bit better today. I think I am going to stay out of the gym for the rest of the week and do things here. I think I just need to be away from there to get my mind right.

Karen did any of your snow melt?

Kempyd
02-08-2007, 01:00 PM
Ok guys. Please don't let this turn into my own personal journal. I am getting kind of lonely here.

I am waiting for the furniture people to come. We are having an ottoman delivered. It is so pretty. It is round this time and I am really ready for it. We are going to use it as a coffe table.

Someone come out and play, please.

Karen31
02-08-2007, 01:37 PM
Good Morning Kempyd,
We still have plenty of snow but it has been up in the 50's for the last 3 days so that is good!! I finally went this morning to have the backside of Sissy's rabies tag engraved with our name, address and phone number. It was BEAUTIFUL outside and both the girls loved being out in their carseats! :) It has been a long time since they have even got to go for a ride. I also ran on in to town and picked up a few things at the store. BUT now I have to get myself motivated and do my WATP's video. :D I like to do it first thing in the morning but decided I wanted to go to town early before the snow was melting and making a mess out of our dirt roads!! :rolleyes: It really gets messy.

Did your furnture get there yet? It is always nice to get something new! What style of furniture is it?

Well, guess I'd better get going and get stuff done or it is just going to be harder to get started!!
Take care, Karen

Kempyd
02-08-2007, 03:06 PM
I just can't even imagine what it is like to have that much snow. I am sure it sucks though.

I like to workout first thing too. That way if I have anything to do I don't have to rush to the gym later.

They came with the ottoman and it looks great. Our style is pretty traditional. I have a good bit of antiques from my parents and that has kind of dictated which way we go. It is amazing that I am turnign into my mom. :lol: In fact, the dining room set we bought has ball and claw feet. That is just screaming my mother!

I am heading to Lowe's to by some paint. I still have the bug and the spare room is in my sights.

calnative
02-08-2007, 09:26 PM
Hi There,

I just got the progress reports out for the kiddos. A lot of whining and asking how they can bring up their grades. I told them to do the work that's assigned and turn it in. (What a concept!!)

Karen: I'll bet the girls just loved being outside and going somewhere. They'll be looking to do that again real soon.

Kempy: Once your furniture gets there, try to post a picture for us. We love to look and dream.

I hope Noelle is doing ok.

Cal

melekalikimaka
02-09-2007, 01:38 AM
Hi ladies, just a quickie. My surgery went well on Monday...outpatient basis and I don't remember a thing about it except the anesthesiologist saying he was giving me something to "take the edge off". I was wheeled into the OR and next thing I know I'm waking up in recovery. I have some 350 mg Percodan pills which are WONDERFUL :dizzy:. Actually, I'm starting to wean myself off them today, after taking 2 pills every 4 hours for 2 days. The pain was excruciating the first night but that's because I went to sleep and the pain meds wore off. OUCH!!!! :cry: But after that I got smart and set my alarm to wake me just before the 4 hour mark each time. I am walking on crutches but will be starting P/T on Monday. Hopefully that will be less painfull and help me get moving. I haven't been able to get on the computer because it is downstairs and I haven't been able to do the stairs yet. That means I'm sleeping on the couch upstairs and Rick is in my bed all by his lonesome--the lucky b@stard :lol:

I am in the office tying up some deposits but hopefully should be back online by Monday. I love you guys. I can't drive yet because if Im still on pain meds they make me delirious :dizzy:. Anywho, thinking of you guys. Stay warm and keep chatting. I'll be back! :grouphug:

Karen31
02-09-2007, 11:34 AM
Good Morning Everyone!
This morning I am doing the :dance: I got on the scales and I lost 3 pounds this week!! :goodscale YEA!!! I am really loving those WATP's videos now!! :cheer: This past week I have been counting calories and doing the videos and I'm really happy with the loss.

Noelle, it was good to hear from you. So happy that things went good for you. I know you will be feeling better in no time! :) Just take it easy and don't try to over do!

Kempyd, we would all love to see pictures of your furniture. I know what you mean about becoming your mother! :) I've done the same thing! Sometmes good, sometimes bad!! :lol:

Cal, we have had some really nice weather this week-- but I don't think it will last. They are saying it is going to get cold over the weekend but they arent' saying much snow. But the high for Valentine's Day is only going to be about 20!! It always seems to be cold for my birthday! :shrug:

Well, guess I'd better get in there and do my "walking" I never got to it yesterday after going in to town. I just couldn't get motivated to get up and get moving after I got home:nono:

Take care and I'll check back later. Karen

Kempyd
02-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Good morning.

cal I remeber those days. In fact I remeber being in college and whining about my grades. HHMMMM I wonder if it was b/c I would go out and party and not study. :lol: Once i got older I did much better. My focus shifted from drinking to studying. Amazing how teh grades got better.

Noelle it is great to see you. I have never had to take pain meds but my brother did and he siad he can totally see why people get addicted to them. I wouldn't worry about getting hooked. He was on the the whole time he was in the hospital (5 weeks) and then some when he got home and he is fine. It is amazing but he has noneed for them.

I am stuck at home today. Joe took the truck in to work so that he could leave early. We have another pool person coming today. He wanted to be here for that. So, I hve no excuse but to finish my curtain project. I went and got 3 gallons of paint to start our spareroom. I am goin to strip and paint some furniture that we have. I figured we have it so make use of it instead of spending more money on new stuff. I just hope it looks as good and it does in my head.

Cal I would post some picks but I have no idea how to make them smaller. We got a new camera and it isn't as easy as the old one.

Kempyd
02-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Hey, Karen Good for you!!!!! I love those drops on the scale. Did you take your measurments when you started? I try to do that so just in case the scale doesn't move I can see a diffrence.

Karen31
02-10-2007, 07:24 PM
Hi Kempyd,
I didn't take my measurements but that is a good idea! I will do that. A friend of mine brought me over the new weight watcher books with the points listings and the slider to calculate. I think even though I am really counting calories I may keep track of my points and see how they compare. Any ideas for weight watchers? Is it kind of difficult to do? I really don't want to join and go to the meetings since the closest meeting is about 25 miles from here. But I thought I would see how it works. Take care. Karen

calnative
02-11-2007, 02:00 AM
Just a quick hello to everyone.

Noelle: I sure hope you are feeling better. We really miss you here. Our thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.

Kempy: I, too, haven't figured out how to post pictures from my camera. I with I could. Ashley has decided that she wants her room painted. She wants a "Hawaii room"...(whatever that is).

Karen: I've done the WW points thing for a little while. I started it several months ago, but didn't stay with it. I'm back now and hoping to get down a few pounds before our cruise in June. Noelle has done the points also and did very well with it.

Hey Dips: How's school going??

Hello to Cherie, Angie, and anyone else I may have missed.

Cal

Karen31
02-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Hello Everyone, Well, I did it today-- I finally did the 3 miles Super Fat Burn Walk and then added the 1 mile Get Up and Get Started. Plus the 150 crunches on the ab lounge. :carrot: I've been wanting to add at least the one mile walk to the 3 miles that I have been doing so felt like today was a good day for it! :) Now I just want to keep it up through all of this coming week. I figure if I can add a little bit more each week it has to do something good!! :D

Noelle, it was good to hear from you and will be looking forward to hearing how you are doing.

Everybody take care and I'll catch you later. Karen

Kempyd
02-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Man, what a busy weekend we had. I swear it flew by. We did all sorts of things around thhe house. I am so proud of Joe, it got all of it done. I even started to paint the spare room. We ahve a chair rail so I did the bottom one color and I am going to work on the top today. I tis the same color but a tad bit lighter. I really need to see if I can get the camera to work. Or c=should I say I need to figure out how to make them smaller.

Karen you ROCK!! I have been so lazy about hitting the gym. I have been doing thigns but not like I should be. I should take after your example and just go.

I might have a part time job soon. I talked to my realtor and I think of her as a friend now. She said that one of the ladies at the office needed an assistant and she said to her that she would ask me. That would be fine with me. I need soemthing to keep me busy during the day. That way if I have part time I can get a check and still have me time. :D

Noelle I hope you are feeling better today and can come out and play.

Kempyd
02-12-2007, 06:11 PM
I just finished the 1st coat of paint and I am beat. I want to kill the person that thought it was a good idea to texture the walls and ceilings. I couldn't just cut in a normal line I had to be VERY slow and then go back over the same spot and dipple in the paint to make it go into all of the lower areas. ARGH!! I still need to put on a second coat and I am keeping my fingers crossed that is goes faster.

Kempyd
02-13-2007, 10:20 AM
THE SUN IS OUT!!!!! Yeah! I have not seen it since Thursday of last week. It is nice outside. A little chilly but I am not complaining.

I am trying to get myself moving to head to the gym. Karen you are my motivation for today. Now that I am finished painting the room I don't have a reason not to go. I am going to turn that room into a mini workout room. I have an extra tv and dvd player so I thought it would be nicer to set it up in there than do it in the living room. I ahve never had a space like that before.

What is going on today? Am I the only one running this show now?

Karen31
02-13-2007, 10:37 AM
Good Morning, Kempyd, you must have stollen our sun because today we have snow and cold again!! We are supposed to warm up again by Friday though.

Yesterday I did the 3 mile super fat burn walk and then I added the one mile muscle mile one and also my 150 crunches. I plan to continue with the 4 miles this week and then hopefully make it 5 miles next week! :carrot: I am going to try to up the crunches too--- just haven't figured out if I want to do 25 or 50 more yet. Guess I'll just have to see when I start it how it goes.

I am so anxious for Springtime to get here. :) Of course once all this snow starts melting we are going to have a real mess with mud!

You have a good day and we'll chat later.

Where is everyone else???? :?: Karen

Kempyd
02-13-2007, 01:18 PM
Well Karen, the sun is gone again. I have no idea what happened. I guess the front that is coming through covered it up.

Do you do any other sort of exercise for your abs. I don't know if you know this but your muscles have memory. If you do too many of one thing they will get used to it and stop responding the way they should.

I went to the gym and walked for 45 mins. Joe wants me to go with him tonight so I fugured while he was on the bike for 25 mins i would hit the elliptical. I love working out with him b/c he pushes me and he always does moves that I forget about.

melekalikimaka
02-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Hey ladies, I'm back in the office. :cb: Kempy, Karen and Cal, thanks for keeping the thread going. I was sooo having withdrawals from you guys. It shows too because over the weekend I felt like I wanted to snack non-stop. I didn't go to weigh in on Fri or Sat. because I couldn't drive. I am trying to rein myself in this week so I can at least show a maintain and NOT a gain. If I do though, I can use PMS and the surgery as an excuse right? :lol: You should see my leg--it's still swollen and much bigger than the right side, it's comical!

I went through my first Starbucks drive-thru this morning. I am walking w/one crutch and am off my pain meds, but I didn't want to have to get out of the car and have difficulty carrying my coffe and opening the door with one hand, etc.... plus I'm lazy right? :lol: I went to my first therapy session yesterday and it was almost brutal. I had to ice my knee down something fierce yesterday. Well, as luck would have it when I can finally go up and down the stairs my home computer is acting up so I can't get online. I think it finally may be on it's last legs. I am going shopping for a new laptop though so I'm not totally heartbroken.

We have been having some chilly weather here during the day, sometimes not even up to 75 some days. That's weird. The sun is out now though and it's nice and cool. Hope you guys can get some sun where you are.

Karen, congrats on your 3 lbs lost! :dancer: You are doing great with all that exercise too.

Kempy, it's always fun to have your husband tweak your memory w/moves you forgot about :flame: That's great about the p/t job. How soon will you start?

Cal, I use a photo program I downloaded for free to resize some of my pictures. I will look it up and see if I can find the name of it. It is pretty easy to use and then you can upload your pics here.

Well, it's my first day back so I guess I better get some work done. :grouphug: Chat later.

Kempyd
02-13-2007, 03:29 PM
Hehe Noelle I didn't think about it that way.

Did you happen to watch Rules of Engagment last night? I really like that show.

When you find the site you downloaded post it. I want to get it too. I was looking on my puter and the only thing they offer is shutterbug and I really don't want to download everything to that.

I don't know if I have the job actually. My realtor just said that her co-worker might still have an opening. I am not really getting myself worked up, it will happen if it is meant to be.

It is good to hear that you are out and about. Do they think this will be what fixes your knee?

cwneeds2lose
02-13-2007, 07:44 PM
Hi everyone, I've been missing in action again. Trying get caught up on how everyone's doing.

Noelle, I'm praying for a speedy recovery for you, but glad your back. I've been going to the WW meetings, but seem to be playing with the same couple of pounds. Still having trouble getting motivated with the exercise thing. I long for the day when exercise used to be such a habit, that if I missed a day, it felt like something was missing from my day. Unfortunately, those days have been long gone for a while.

Karen, Hi. I've been on this site for about six months now, off and on. These ladies are the greatest, but I'm sure you've already figured that out. A little about myself: married 18 years, 24 year old son, 15 year old daughter, and one two year old granddaughter (who is the light of my life) with another grandchild on the way. Oh yeah, and I can't forget my baby, my 3 year old Pomeranian named Nala. She's all black with a little white patch on her chest. I agree with Kemp, you are the motivator right now. keep up the good work.

Kemp, sounds like things are going good with the house. I'd love to have a mini-workout room. I started to have one of those when I first got married, but it became my junk room, and now is my daughter's room. My workout room didn't last too long.

Dips, I hope school is going good for you.

Cal, how's your foot healing?

well, better go for now.

Karen31
02-14-2007, 12:43 AM
Hi cwneeds2lose, Nice to meet you.. I agree with you this is a really great group. I feel like we have been friends forever. So you have a pomeranian too!! I love mine to pieces and they are both spoiled. Ginger the red one, I got in July of 2004 from the local shelter. She just turned 4 on January 9. And Sissy, my sable one I rescued from a puppy mill in December of 2005. She will be 3 on July 12 this year. They each have their own car seat and I just got a stroller for them (ME!) a couple weeks ago. :) I am hoping that one of these days it will quit snowing and I can join the walking group in Woodland Park!
It's nice of you to think of me a a motivator because I really have never been and that just motvates me more! It's nice how that works!

Noelle, glad that you are feeling better. I know that you will be up and going again in no time.

We have a sun room off of our bedroom and I have my treadmill and ab lounge in there. I love it because I can be in there and watch the deer and elk when they go past our house. I have several pictures of deer that like to tease Ginger and Sissy through the fence because they know they can't get out!

Hi Cal, I too am looking forward to not having all this weight by Summer time. I first made my goal date of June 15th but have changed it now to July 1. We usually go on vacation in June but I think we are going to go later this year. I hope I am down at least to a reasonable weight by then. I'm still going to shoot for 125 though!!

Well, guess I'll close for tonight. Take care, Karen

Karen31
02-14-2007, 10:25 AM
:val1: GOOD MORNING AND HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY LADIES!! :val1: It is a balmy 1 degree here this morning! I have already received a phone call from my oldest brother this morning asking me how it feels to be officially a "senior citizen" today!!! I told him GREAT now I can get all the senior discounts at the stores!!! :rofl:

I hope all of you have really great days today! And enjoy!

Take care, Karen

Kempyd
02-14-2007, 11:45 AM
Hey guys! It is nice and cold here too. Our high is 42. That is cold for down south. Just wait for sunner though, we will be baking.

CW good to see you agian. Don't be such a stranger. What's up?

Karen where are you guys going on vacation this year? We don't know if we are going to go on one or just work on saving for the pool. We do have to go to Nashville in April for a convention and that is like a vacation. Well, for me it is. I don't have to go to the darn thing. It is pretty boring so I usually hang out in the hotel room or go shop.

I am going to help my realtor friend today. She has a bunch of letters she needs addressed so I figured why not. I am just going to be sitting here so I should make myself useful.

Do any of you have plans for Valentines Day?

Kempyd
02-14-2007, 07:55 PM
Well, I didn't workout today but I did go to help my friend. It was nice to hang out with other women. I guess I never realized how much I miss being around other people. I had a good time and I am going to help her tomorrow too. I didn't ask if she was going to pay me but I guess she will. To be honsety with you guys I really just enjoyed talked to them. Another lady there said that she might want to utilize me too so how knows I might actually make a few bucks from this.

I am cooking some lasagna for dinner and we are going to hang out here with a bottle of wine. What a great Valentine's this is going to be!

cwneeds2lose
02-15-2007, 02:45 AM
hello everyone,

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's day.:val1: I spent my valentine's day at the world ag expo walking, walking, walking. I guess all the exercise I got today was the highlight of it. I did see a beautiful aquamarine (very clear) and dimond ring at the expo. :yikes: I wanted it so bad. It's a good thing I left when I did, or my finger would be sporting that beautiful ring right now. :yes: I almost told my husband that's what I wanted for valentine's day. He did buy me some flowers this morning. I really wanted to go see a movie :corn: "music and lyrics" or "because I said so", but we spent so much time at the Expo, that we didn't get to do anything else. Anyway, I'll talk to you soon.

cw

Karen31
02-15-2007, 11:01 AM
Good Morning,
I am getting ready to go and do my WATP's and thought before I do I would jump on here and say hello. I told my hubby several weeks ago that I really wanted a mini trampoline for my birthday and was I ever surprised that he ha that for me yesterday!! :) I know, I know it's not very romantic but I really wanted one!! :trampo:

We will be going to Pensylvania to see my hubby's Dad and family, and after being there for a few days will come back to Missouri to see my Dad and family there. Both of our Mom's have passed on and his Dad is 86 and mine is 84 so we spend our vacations visiting with them now. I'm glad that my hubby gets 3 weeks vacation because we spend 10 days of that just on travel time!:(

We are going to try to sell our 5th wheel trailer this year before we go and see if we can find a small motor home instead. It is kind of nice to stay in State Parks and campgrounds along the way. So we will probably be going in September this year instead of June like we used to. Thought it might be nice to stay home in Colorado through the Summer instead of going back in to all the heat and humidity!! :sunny:

Guess I'll get going and finish my coffee. Then WALK, WALK, WALK!!!
Karen

Kempyd
02-15-2007, 11:27 AM
Just a quick hello. I am helping my friend today and I need to hop in the shower. I did go to the gym this morning so that is out of the way.

I will be abck later to chat.

calnative
02-15-2007, 02:40 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm home today getting caught up on some things and just taking in easy. I've been really tired lately, and I need some down time.
Hope everyone has a great day.

Cal

melekalikimaka
02-15-2007, 05:44 PM
Hope everyone had a great Valentine's day yesterday. I am stuck with two boxes of chocolates that I don't know what to do with...well, I did dip into one of them this morning and had a few pieces, but I know i have to get rid of them somehow because I will eat the rest in one sitting if they are still there when I get home.

Karen, happy belated birthday!!! :hb: :hat: :gift: How nice to have a birthday and a :love: occasion like that all in one day. And hey, you got what you asked for with the trampoline, you can't beat that. I have to say that I'm proud of you for having your babies in their own carseats. Some people don't even restrain their dogs when they go riding, it freaks me out to see them hanging out of windows.

I couldn't get into the office yesterday or on the computer for that matter. I started my Valentine's day off with dropping Michael off at school, then going for my first post-op physical torture...I mean therapy session. OMG I was in pain! I didn't take the pain meds before hand because I wouldn't be able to drive but sheesh, those therapists are sadists! They would tell me to bend my knee until I feel pain, then they'd push it back a few degrees more--OUCH! To top it all off, after doing the circuit they do a massage afterwards complete with manipulating the very site of my incisions--DOUBLE OUCH! Then I couldn't take the pain meds because I still had to do the after school pick up, then go to a doctor's appointment. I was limping around like it was only the 2nd day after surgery. OK, enough cry-babying from me. I am tough right? (I'm just trying to convince myself I guess.). I go back for another session on Friday...then 3X week for another 3 weeks. Can't wait, NOT!

Kempy, I totally know what you mean about having women around to talk to and work with. I have been in this office by myself for about 4 years now and I miss the girls at my old office...that's why I hang out here so much I guess. Glad you're finding something to do.

Cal, hope you can relax today and catch up on your much needed rest.

I have to go and get some work done, these piles are getting high!

Kempyd
02-15-2007, 07:28 PM
Ok, I can finally post.

Karen Happy Belated Birthday. I always give weird things on holidays. One year on our anniversary I have Joe an ironing board. The gift for that year of marriage was wood so I thought that was a good thing. He loved it.

Noelle I hope that I never have to fo through PT, I think I would punch someone. I wonder if they have ever had that happen. I would say send the choclate to me but I don't want it either. A few of the ladies at the office have it sitting out and that is not a good thing.

Cal did you get yourself caught up? Are you guys cold out there too? We are getting the coldest air yet tonight. The low is supposed to be 26. :yikes:

I am going to stay home tomorrow and work on the mailers here. I have some guys coming to instal trim in the garage. It is a good thing that I can do this here. Today I did 100 envelopes in 2 hours. Mind you, I wrote each one by hand. Talk about a cramp. At least there is money involved in this cramp. Joe seems to think that I need to ask what she is going to pay me, but I really don't care. It gives me something to do with my time instead of watching decorating shows. I look at it this way, I am making money instead of spending it.

Dips'n'twists
02-16-2007, 12:10 AM
I seemed to have missed so much. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY KAREN!!

Can I just tell you all that my Valentines day SUCKED! :mad: My boyfriend had to work overtime to deliver flowers and gifts which I suspected, but he did not have anything sent to me and it pissed me off. He claimed that he got me something but he wouldn't be able to give it to me until the 15th (today). Then he got into a minor car accident so he said he was too upset to come see me so he will see me tomorrow. He has a lot of making up to do.

Okay I'm done ranting. I have to get caught up with everyone's posts. I'll check back later...

Karen31
02-16-2007, 10:33 AM
HEY DIPS!! Good to hear from you! I was wondering about you and if everything was OK. Sorry about your Valentine's Day. I've had those too even with it being my birthday.

And Thanks to all of you for your Birthday wishes. It was really a pretty good day, even though I hit the big 55!!:eek:

I wasn't very happy when I got on the scales again this morning--- I didn't lose anything!:( I haven't gained any so I guess that is good. But I was hoping to see at least a one pound loss after I've been doing the WATP's so much. But I'll keep it up and continue and refuse to give up! I guess just like everyone else I get frustrated when I work so hard at it and don't see it on the scales.

Sure hope everyone has a good day and I'll check back later.

Karen

Kempyd
02-16-2007, 10:41 AM
BRRRR! It is cold here right now. It isn't even 30 yet. So, I am not going to the gym this morning. I am going to stay and clean. One of the pool guys is coming back to show us a drawing. I am really looking forward to that.

Dips men can be such pains sometimes. I just wonder if you have found the man that knows what he has with you yet? Whoever figures that first is going to beone lucky man!

Karen I really try not to get on the scale these days. That book I am reading says to measure your waist and go from there. If you pose from there you are doing good. It is bad to have fat around your organs like that.

Noelle did you ever find the link to the photo site?

melekalikimaka
02-16-2007, 11:45 AM
Good morning ladies. I am stalling getting ready for the day. I am weighing-in first thing today at WW hoping I have a maintain. My home scale might say so but I know it doesn't match what the center's scale says. Then I have PT this morning...TORTURE! I can already feel myself tensing up :lol:

Dips, I'm sorry about your Valentine's day. I have those kinds of delays all the time. I make sure I get compensated real well later on :devil:. I hope he makes it up to you the way you deserve. How's this semester going? I just realized that you are probably the same age as my oldest nephew :lol: He's going to school for a teaching degree.

Karen, don't worry about the scale not moving, you have been working out so much that your muscles are retaining water while trying to repair themselves, that always seems like it "slows" our scale progress. I am so proud of you for being so diligent w/your diet and exercise. You will look and feel fabulous come your vacation.

:wave: Hi cw! Long time no hear. Oh, I know what you mean about those expos and the jewelry! I don't know if I would've shown your restraint :D.

Kempy, have fun w/the pool man, well, you know what I mean :lol:. I can't believe you addressed 100 envelopes by hand! You're making my hand cramp just thinking about it :lol:. But good for you for staying busy. Hope it warms up for y'all in Texas :sunny: ...oh, the photo editor software, I believe it's called Irfanview or something like that. I got it off of Cnet.com . If you go to the Cnet website just type in Irfanview and it should bring up a link for you. I'm doing this off of memory because it's on my home computer which is cr@p.

Cal, have a nice day at work. It's Friday, give those kids a pop-quiz or something :lol:

I've gotta run and let the dog out, she keeps poking me with her cold nose looking for attention. Have a great Friday :grouphug:

Kempyd
02-16-2007, 01:53 PM
I want to see if this works.

Kempyd
02-16-2007, 01:54 PM
It is so small. I am going to have to play with the software to see if I can figure it out.

Karen31
02-16-2007, 02:14 PM
Hi Kempyd, Your dogs are really cute!:) Are they both Labs?

I was just going to try to do some jumping on the trampoline when Ginger decided that she thought it was better for her to be on it than me!! Guess she thinks she needs to lose weight! :rofl: I tried several times to get on it but she jumps right up there before I can start jumping! Sissy just kind of looked at it and figured it looked like work so she went over to the couch and layed down!

I just had to snap a picture to share.

Have a good day!!:)
Karen

melekalikimaka
02-16-2007, 07:42 PM
I am back from my WI and was DOWN 1 lb :cb:. I am really happy with that because I wasn't really tracking my food over the past week and a half. P/T wasn't as painful as it was on Wednesday--either because I am loosening up or because I took 3 Advil before going :lol:. Either way, I am really happy how my morning turned out. I got a really good massage too so it made up for a lot of the pain I endured :lol:

Karen, that Ginger is too cute. I hope she gives you some time on it for yourself :lol:

Kempy, so you got some software going on huh? Hope you can get it to work for you. I love seeing pics of your girls.

melekalikimaka
02-17-2007, 12:39 PM
Happy Saturday ladies. We've got rain here and I've got laundry to do...I guess the dryer it is. We went to a Health and Fitness expo last night. Rick and Michael's karate club had a booth there and the dojo was doing demonstrations and getting people to sign up. It was two hours long but at least I brought my chair. There was a pets and people section so I checked that out too. They have a bodymint for dogs so they don't smell, isn't that funny?

Anywho, any plans for the long weekend?

calnative
02-19-2007, 11:11 AM
Hope everyone had a great weekend. I've got today to rest a bit, then it's back to school tomorrow. Only 3 weeks until Spring Break. I can't believe how fast this quarter is going.
I didn't do much over the weekend. I don't like trying to go anywhere during a 3-day weekend; too much traffic.

Weather is so far pretty nice. It's chilly in the morning, but warms up to the mid 70's during the day. I think today is the last day I have to go to physical therapy; I hope so. My dr did say that I will probably have to wear the brace for another month or so. I'm just glad that I won't be wearing it when we go on our cruise in June.

I do have a dentist appointment in about 45 minutes, so have a great day everyone.

Cal

Karen31
02-19-2007, 05:39 PM
Hello everyone, Well, I finally made the 5 miles today! :cb: I did the 3 mile Super Fat Burn and then right after I did the 2 mile High Calorie burn! :running: Then I did the 150 crunches on the ab lounge. Now I want to continue that through this week--- maybe add another mile next week!

We've had a really pretty day here today but there is a snow storm coming in tonight! Can you belive it is in the 50's now--- and 20's tomorrow!! :( I know Spring is supposed to be jsut around the corner but I think they forgot to say WHICH corner!!!

Well, I'll check back later to see what's going on with everyone.
Karen

Kempyd
02-20-2007, 01:36 PM
Hey guys. I didn't get a chance to post over the weekend. i guess we did more than I thought we did. We went shopping Saturday and then went to our friends house Sunday. Yesterday we met the young couple across the street from us so that was nice.

Karen the girls are Labs. Spoiled ones at that. It is so funny to me that as soon as Joe gets out of the bed to get dressed the hop up in it with me. It is like they can't wait for him to get up. We have a Tempuerpedice bed and I think they love that even more.

Cal how long have you had that cast one now? I am so jealous that you are going on a crusie. We keep talking about it but I think the pool with be first.

Noelle I would have been with the pets too. Our mall had a set up this weekend for camps that kids can go to over the summer. I guess that is a big thing over here. We never even thought about going to camp back in LA.

I am home today. I finished the mailers and I am going to go back Thursday to help one lady try to get her office straight. Not much else going on other than that.

melekalikimaka
02-20-2007, 03:10 PM
Hello ladies, just checking in before heading to work. I've got a late start today but i have to go in and do some work. With therapy 3x a week I just don't feel like going in after being worked over so I don't go in much, only when I really have to.

Karen, thanks for the link to bearshare. I remember using them awhile back, but don't have it anymore on my computer. No time like no to start downloading some good music. You are so rocking that exercise! You go girl.

Cal, hope you're well rested. 3 weeks til spring break? So how many weeks of P/T did you endure? Aren't you glad it's over? The therapists at the center I go to are really good, they make it fun to be there--even though I'm doing things that hurt, they joke around and make you feel more at ease.

Well, I gotta get my butt out the door before I start having thoughts of jumping back into bed :lol: Chat later.

melekalikimaka
02-20-2007, 06:57 PM
I don't know if I told you guys this before, but "Lost" will be filming at my sisters' work place tomorrow. The set builders are there now constructing what looks like a guard shack outside, and the building where she works is supposed to be an "airport". It's really the newspaper print/production facility. I think they will be using the lobby inside as well. I have P/T tomorrow, otherwise I would be sitting in that lobby as an aiport extra. :lol:

Oh yeah, I've seen Jorge Garcia (Hurley) walking around at Ala Moana shopping center on prior occasions. I wish I could bump into Matthew Fox or that other handsome blonde guy.... the one that got robbed....you know, the famous whatshisname? Josh Holloway...yeah, that's it.

Kempyd
02-20-2007, 08:39 PM
That is cool Noelle. I love lost.

Karen31
02-20-2007, 09:35 PM
WOW! Noelle, That is really neat to know!! I never miss Lost and if we have to be away for any reason when it it is on it is recorded!! I think that is just one really great show! Oh yeah, and if you run in to Matthew or Josh Tell them Karen says Hello!!! :lol:

calnative
02-20-2007, 09:43 PM
I've never watched Lost; don't know anything about it.
Kempy: I had the cast on for about 8-9 weeks and now I have a brace that I'll be wearing for at least another week or so. I think I'll miss it when I don't have to wear it anymore.
Noelle: Yes, I'm soooo glad that PT is over. It really wasn't that bad, but I felt like I never had any time to get things done. I've been extra careful going up and down stairs.

Cal

cwneeds2lose
02-21-2007, 01:19 AM
Hi everyone,

My weekend was a fairly busy one. Went to See's Candy and moved a bedroom set on Sat.; had a cheer compitition:cheer: on sunday. Luckily, it was in Fresno (about 30 min drive) so that was good. yesterday, Arbonne delivery and Michael's for some beads to make watches. Pretty boring, huh. :yawn:

Dips, sorry about your valentine's day. I wanted a movie, and got the World Ag Expo instead. I hope your man is making it up to you big time.:cofdate: :chockiss: :val3:

Kemp, I think it's great that Your helping your friend out. I would love to do something like that right now. I want to do something part-time to make a little extra money. :write: I seem to be taking care of everyone's checking account (not getting paid), and helping people with Estate sales. I lost 2 pounds that week,:goodscale and didn't even try, I worked so hard. I really can't complain, because I got my grandmother's antique oak table & chairs, her vintage Fransican china, silverware, vintage cookie box, etc. I made out with everything I got out of it. Anyway, I hope you really enjoy your time out of the house, Kemp.

Karen, that Ginger is sooooooo cute. :rofl: I lover poms. They are the most loving, affectionate dogs, with so much character. My baby spends most of her time laying around. When you walk in the room, she will roll over on her back so you can rub her belly. That's about the most exercise she gets. It's a wonder she's not huge, but she's still 6-7 pounds. You just gotta love em' You are my exercise hero. I'm trying to get my butt in gear and start getting into the exercise routine, :ebike: :woops: but I hate it. I did belly dance :belly: for weight loss today, and needless to say, i don't know if I'll do it again. oh, I'm the exercise dvd/video queen. :queen: You know how it is, you buy them and think that by getting them you'll lose weight by osmosis. :lol:

Cal, I hope you got the rest you needed yesterday. My parents spent most of January in Arizona. They left AZ last week and now they're in Laughlin, NV. My aunt's spends the fall and the winter in Tonto Basin, because my cousin (her son) lives in your home town. I'm so jealous about your cruise. My husband and I have talked about it, but never got around to doing it. Well, someday.

Noelle, :carrot: :bravo: on the weight loss. I've got to start journaling along with the exercise. I just flat out need to get back on track and follow the program instead of making excuses. My husband is crazy about Lost. That's the only show he wants recorded if he misses it. I didn't watch it from the beginning, so I never got into Lost like him. Now, Grey's Anatomy is a different story. I love that show, and that's the one I record if I'm not home on Thurs. nights. Anyway, it's too bad you can't be an extra. That would have been so cool.

Have a good day. Sorry to be so wordy today.:blah: :blah: :blah:

cw

Kempyd
02-21-2007, 12:03 PM
Good morning guys. I am heasing to the mall to get some clothes for our trip. we are going to a convention in Nashville and some of Joe's customers are taking us out a few nights so I am getting some dressier clothes.

Karen I love Lost but sometimes I wish they would give you more. It seems like they only give you a smidgen of info. My hubby is about had it with it and I have to force him to watch it now. Maybe I can get him back into it.

cal I bet you will miss the brace. You have had it on for so long you have gotten used to the weight.

CW I don't know how much I will be out of the house with this. I am not working today but I am ok with that. I have things I am going to get done.

We have another pool guy coming today with a drawing. I am so looking forward to it. It is amazing the designs they come up with . I amsure we will start to make little changes on it though. I had sticker shock from the first guy. :yikes:

melekalikimaka
02-21-2007, 05:43 PM
Hello ladies, I'm just back from my PT session and Im walking a little straighter today. The massage that I thought was so awesome last time was so SORE! I guess the bruises I got from the last time were just poked and prodded some more... I'll stop whining though if it'll help me get my natural walk back w/out a limp. I'm such a crybaby though, I admit it.

Kempy, when is the convention? Did you find some fabulous clothes? You know, I've never really watched Lost other than the initial episode. My sister loves it though and won't miss any shows. I do like the look of Josh Holloway though, and blondes aren't usually my type :lol:

Hi cw, my girlfriend gave me some Arbonne body scrub and a nice body lotion. I love it! I think it's called Mandarin cashmere or something like that. The lotion is great and lasts a long time. Hey, Grey's Anatomy has some good looking guys too :love:

Karen, if I do run into anyone from the cast here, I will tell you guys all about it :lol:

Gotta go grab some lunch, I'm starving.

Kempyd
02-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Noelle the convention is in 2 weeks. I still ahve not gotten abck to my WW weight but oh well. I did find some good clothes. There were hugh sales going on. I still need to find a black jacket. I am looking for one that I can wear with jeans not only dress pants. I am thinking I might have to find that in Nashville. All of the jackets down here are gone. It is summer clothes now.

I could really use a massage right now. My lower back is on the fritz. Of course, I don't want to be in pain like Noelle.

Kempyd
02-22-2007, 04:50 PM
Uh oh, we were almost onthe second page. Where is everyone today.

I went to the office to finish the mailer and I am getting started on one of the girls office tomorrow. She needs to be more organized and that it right up my alley. I am going to go in in the morning and start that. I think if she just had it set up in the correct way she would do fine. Other than that nothing else is going on. I am planning on doing our taxes tonight. I would like my refund before we go to Nashville.

Anything else exciting from you guys?

melekalikimaka
02-22-2007, 05:03 PM
Hey Kemp, nothing exciting from me except I can walk pretty much without the assistance of a crutch or cane--pretty exciting huh? :running: I just sent pictures of Lulu, a dog belonging to Lost director Jack Bender who was at the shoot yesterday. She hangs out with the crew. According to my sister, the scene shot yesterday was done with the character "Juliet" (Elizabeth Mitchell). I don't watch the show so I'm not in the know.

Thanks for mentioning taxes...I just found a document I needed for my interest dividends so I can bring everything to our accountant. I hate doing taxes :mad:

Anywho, here at work trying to get motivated to do something.

Karen31
02-23-2007, 10:55 AM
Good Morning Ladies! :sunny:
I have to say when I got on the scales this morning I was very HAPPY!!! :) I lost another 4 pounds! When I first started on this I was at 189 on January 1, so that makes it a 15 pound loss so far!! :cheer: I know my ticker says start weight at 185 but that was what I was at when I found 3FC! I have never got this far before and I know it is because that I have all you ladies to cheer me on! :carrot: I've lost 10 or 12 before but have never hit the 15 pound loss. So now I'm really motivated to keep going and I know that with the help and encouragement from all of you I'm going to lose the last 49 pounds that I need to. :dust:

So now I need to get busy and go WALK, WALK, WALK!! :running:

Have a GREAT DAY!! Karen

melekalikimaka
02-23-2007, 12:10 PM
:high: Way to go Karen! :cb: :dancer:

Kempyd
02-23-2007, 02:31 PM
What a great job Karen!:cheer: :dancer:

You are doing great. i told you that you weremy motivation. Now you know why.

I actually woke up earlier than I normally do and Joe and I went to the gym. It felt good too. I had to work for about 2 hours but now I am done for the day. I have to return a few things to the mall but I am not complaining about that at all.

Anyone else have anything fun planned today or over the weekend?

melekalikimaka
02-23-2007, 08:02 PM
Hey ladies...whew, I am beat! I just endured 3.5 hrs of P/T. I went to my WI this morning and get this, gained 2 lbs :eek: -- but I had to eat breakfast before I went so I could take my pain medication before therapy, which was right after the WI. I was bummed, but really, my leader said that since I ate before I weighed in, I could now eat before each WI and track my results like that. Whatever... made sense, but it doesn't make me feel better. But there was no way I was going to P/T w/out my meds :lol: Oh well, I just have to do better next week and eat right after WI. :rolleyes:

Kempy, it's me and Rick's 12th anniversary on Sunday so we are probably going out to dinner and a show tomorrow so we can sleep in on Sunday. I can't believe we made it to 12 years, we've been at each other's throats lately :lol: There's an ebb and flow to everything right? The main thing I guess is that we keep finding each other again. I have no idea what I'm going to get him as a gift yet. I have to sneak around the mall and go shopping.

Well, that's all around here.

Karen, I forgot to ask you, what did you think of American Idol last night? Any favorites yet? I like Lakisha for the girls, and Phil for the guys. The girls are in such a different league than the boys though... what do you think?

Kempyd
02-24-2007, 12:33 PM
Good morning girls. It is a balmy Saturday out. It is a good day to clean the house. Joe went to a local resturant where he met the owner and is now friends with him. He went over there last night and had their crawfish and said that they were not good. So, the owner asked if he would go over there this morning to teach them how to do it. That is just up Joe's alley.

Noelle that is great that you guys have been together 12 years. I remember some of the "issues" that you 2 have had. Joe and I have had ours too. But, that is what makes marriage fun and diffrent. I think that if it was the same thing day inand day out it would be boring. At least both of you have grown together and that is what it is all about. I think back to when we first got married and we are both so diffrent now. All of the things we have been through have brought us closer. I cam only imagine what is going to happen in the future. Do you know what the traditional gift for 12 years is? (silk or linen, I just checked) Maybe you can find him something made form that. I try to do that for Joe, I think it is fun.

Karen did you have any idea what the 3 secrets they revealed where the other night on Lost? I watched and had no clue. I was still not sure what was going on. Of course, I am going to watch this week but I wanted to see if you had figured it out.

Joe and I have a deal going on that we both lose 10 lbs by March 24th. We are going back to Ponchy to visit and we both want to get back to there. Well, last night I told him that I broke down and had a few chocolate covered pecans and now he is trying to make a bet with me. Does he think I am stupid? He always loses more than I do so there is no way that I am going to fall for that. I am just going to work hard to make it and let him do his own thing. Boy, he sure is competitive sometimes.

melekalikimaka
02-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Good morning :sunny: So what's on tap for Saturday? I am going to go shopping and hopefully find some nice gift for Rick. Kempy, I was thinking about getting him some silk boxers :devil: or maybe a linen shirt. Or if I can't find anything on short notice, just grab a new set of silk sheets that we can both enjoy. ;)

That is cool about Joe doing the restaurant thing, there's nothing worse than wanting to eat something you really like and it just isn't the way it should be. Good luck on your 10 lb challenge. I think Joe should have to lose an additional 5 lbs to make the challenge fair. Have you seen that commercial where the cartoon lady says something like "My husband and I switched to diet soda and I lost 1 lb, he lost 10!" :lol: It's for a diet pill I think.

Think I'll get some laundry done today. I'll let you guys know later what i end up buying for a gift. I hope I can find something good.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.

melekalikimaka
02-24-2007, 01:36 PM
I had to come back and say that we went to see the movie Ghost Rider last night. My gawd! Nicholas Cage has a great body! I never thought of him as handsome (because I still remember him from Peggy Sue Got Married or Raising Arizona) but this man has definitely gotten hotter with age. Oh, pretty entertaining movie and I thought it was OK for an 8 y.o. to watch (mine anyway).

Karen31
02-25-2007, 03:01 PM
Good Morning!:sunny:
I didn't do the WATP's yesterday but I just finished today! :carrot: So it looks like I only have about 78 minutes left on my exercise ticker to meet my goal for February. :) I feel pretty good about that.:whoo:

Noelle, I'm not real sure about the American Idols yet!! But I do like Lakisha and Phil also. And I really like that guys voice who has the really "FUZZY" hair! I can't remember his name. I don't think by his looks that I would call him an Idol though!! ;) I think in the next couple of weeks the guys had better step it up or they may as well just go home now!

I have no idea what the 3 secrets were in Lost!! And I've been watching it since day one!! :?: Good Luck to you on the 10 pound challenge!! That sounds like fun! I couldn't do that with Tim though--- he is 5'11" and weighs a great big 142 !! If he lost 10 pounds he would blow away!! But yet he is the one who has the high cholesterol and high blood pressure!! My blood pressure is always on the LOW normal side. In fact, when they check mine they say we know you are alive because you are sitting here!! He's been having to take blood pressure meds for about 10 years now.

Well, I decided to put a turkey breast in the crock pot this morning and it is really smelling good! I can make turkey sandwiches with the leftovers for his lunch and mine. :)

Hope you all have a great rest of the day and I'll catch you later.
Karen

calnative
02-25-2007, 11:51 PM
I had a nice relaxing weekend....until today, that is. Ashley was playing this morning with a friend who spent the night last night. I had her get ready for church and we went. As we were leaving she said her head hurt and I noticed that she looked like she didn't feel well. When we got home I took her temp and it was 102. I gave her some tylenol and she went to bed. She said she was so cold (the fever I know) and she just wanted to stay in bed. I looked at her throat just now and she has white spots....that means strep. I guess I'll be taking her to the dr tomorrow. My neighbor said that strep is going around at her school. Her fever is down a little now (100.9), but we'll see how she does tonight.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Cal

Kempyd
02-26-2007, 12:57 PM
Good morning. I don't have to help at the office today so i am going to take my butt to the gym and then do my taxes. I have put them off long enough.

Karen I said it once and I will say it again, you are so much of a motivator to me. I just don't know how you can get yourself to do all of those minutes each month. I really should take a lesson from you. What stinks about the 10lbs thing is I am holding water right now so I think I am gaining. I am just going to tkeep drinking that water and telling myself it is ok.

Cal I am so sorry for Ashley. I had strep once and I hated having the doc test for it. I thought I was going to lose it all over her. I hope she feels better soon. I know being around mom when you don't feel good always helps.

We work in the yard all weekend. surprise, surprise. Karen I am usually MIA this time of year. We do lots of yard work and we love it. That is our thing. I planted flowers and I bought 2 ferns for by the front door. I had to leave all of my plants with my friend in LA so I need to start the process all over again. I know that she will take good care of them though. She has always rented homes so she never really got any plants. So, I am helping her out in that department.

Karen31
02-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Good Morning,
I had to change my exercise ticker this morning from 1600 to 1800 minutes!! I did the WATP for 6 miles this morning. I just decided to add another mile and if I can do it again tomorrow OK if not, I'll still do the 5 miles. I think that I will change the exercise ticker to miles for next month. I'm thinking that I should at least be able to do 125 miles in the month of March. :dizzy: I hope! I haven't done any of them with the weights yet--- maybe I will try adding that in once I get comfortable with the extra miles.

Kempyd, I jealous that you are planting flowers and such all ready!! We still have 2 foot snow drifts in the yard and this morning when I got up it was 5 degrees!! Now they are talking about another storm coming in on Wednesday night. I'm wondering if all this snow will even be gone in MAY!!!

Better get busy-- I've got laundry going and need to get that finished up. Talk to you all later. Karen

Kempyd
02-26-2007, 06:57 PM
Karen don't be too jealous. You will be having wonderful temps and we will be boiling. That is why I am usually in the yard this time of year. I have the windows open right now too. I wonder when the humidity is coming though.

I finally finsihed the taxes. I got the state donw too so now all I have to do is sit back and wait for the money. I love getting money back but it stinks at the same time. The government has had my money for the year and paid no intrest onit but if we owe, WATCH OUT!! We have to pay intrest and penalties. Now that just doesn't sound fair. :nono:

Kempyd
02-27-2007, 10:10 AM
I actually woke up at a normal hour and I am dressed to go to the gym. I wanted to pop on before I left. The 10lbs thing is not going too well but then again, I just started today. So, maybe it will be water weight. I will TAKE THAT! I am giong to do my 45 mins again today. I sat in front of the puter all day yesterday so maybe today I will get more things done.

For some reason the dogs do not want to go outside today. I let them out and htey just stand there and look at me. I have no idea what that is about. I am going to let them stay in while I go to the gym and maybe they will change their minds once I get back.

I hope to see everyone post today.

I had emailed Angie a few weeks back and I still have not heard from her. I hope she is ok.

melekalikimaka
02-27-2007, 11:54 AM
Good morning ladies. I just rolled out of bed and thought I'd hop on here before starting my day. I am going to try and stay off the computer while at work because I seem to get stuck on it and then not get any work done :lol:

Well, our anniversary dinner was nice even though we were late for our reservations--heavy rain and terrible traffic (we left an hour early), and when we got there no parking :rolleyes:. We parked at the next hotel and walked over. The food was good though. You know, I went shopping and hunted high and low for something to get for Rick--we were together-- then he walks into a surf store and finds a SKATEBOARD. We just bought Michael one for his b-day and Rick wanted one so he could ride with him. So that's what he got. Not anything silk, linen or any sort of gemstone....a freakin' skateboard. Well, I waited til the last minute and it was something he really wanted, so that's what he got :lol: I know, crazy huh? I hope he doesn't injure himself.

I have been thinking about Angie too. I wonder if things are just too hectic for her right now. :shrug: Miss ya girl, pop in if you can.

Karen, that is awesome about your exercise goal and shooting for more in March. WOW! And all indoors! I am really impressed by that. I am an outdoor walker (when I used to be able to :( ) and I really struggled with the days the weather was bad. You are amazing!

Cal, how are you doing today? Is Ashley feeling any better?

Kempy, hey, thanks for still chatting it up here while you're in your gardening mode. I remember you used to go MIA some seasons :lol: Oh yeah, I feel ya on the taxes! We have had to owe for the past few years so I always wait to file until the last minute. Let them wait some more for more of my money. :rolleyes:

Anyway, hope you all have a stress-free day :crossed:. Off to get ready.

Kempyd
02-27-2007, 04:54 PM
I think one of the reasons I am chatting during this time of year is that I don't have to go to work. That is what used to take up my time. How dare they? :lol:

Joe has a skateboard too. A couple of years ago he HAD to build a half pipe. Well, that last for a few weeks and we sold it to a neighborhood kid. Talk about funny seeing grown men using that thing. We had a really big skate park back in LA too. They used to go spend hours there.

Not much going on right now. I really need to put away some clothes but I am feeling lazy. I think it is due to TOM.

calnative
02-27-2007, 06:02 PM
Ashley is doing better. She is home again today, as am I, but her fever is almost back to normal; it's still hovering around 101. Last night I thought I was going to have to call the doctor again because her fever spiked at
103.9, and that was after I gave her motrin. But, she is doing better and, hopefully, will be back to school tomorrow. I told hubby that if she wasn't better tomorrow it was his turn to stay home.

Cal

Karen31
02-27-2007, 09:54 PM
Hello Everyone!:wave:
I did do another 6 miles today so that made me happy!!! :) I've decided that I am going to do my best :crossed: to lose 10 pounds by Easter! I think that is doable for me.

How is everyone this evening? Cal, I know how it is when you have sick kids at home.. My oldest has never been able to talk so when he got sick growing up I always felt so helpless. I hope Ashley is feeling a whole lot better tonight.

Noelle, I'm hoping that when the weather clears that I will still do my inside walking PLUS do some outside with the girls! They love to go and we have some good trails to walk around here. Just have to watch out for "Unwanted Wildlife" joining us! A couple years ago I was walking and just had Ginger in her "snuggli" (I didn't have Sissy yet) with me and felt someone was following me--- they were--- a HUGE wolf!! :fr: We didn't walk outside anymore that year!! I was really scared and that was right on a main paved road with cars going by all the time! Thank goodness a car stopped and ended up getting him to leave and we scooted home pretty fast! My neighbor has ran into bears while riding her horse and that would scare me too!! :fr:

Well, I guess I'll go and get ready to watch American Idol. Y'all have a nice evening and I'll catch you later. Karen

Karen31
02-28-2007, 02:06 PM
Good Morning,
I did 6 miles again this morning and went 82 minutes over my February goal! :dance: I've gone ahead and changed my Ticker for my March goal and hope this next month goes as well as this month has!:)

We're expecting about 6 inches of snow today AGAIN!! :( I really get tired of the snow at this time of the year. Plus we still have drifts out in the yard that are about 2 feet deep!

Hope you all have a good day and I'll catch you later. Karen

Kempyd
03-01-2007, 11:16 AM
Man Karen, if you were outside walking you would be here by now. :lol: You are doing so great. I feel for you with the snow. We are going to have a great weekend and your is going to be white. We really could use some rain though. It was the dryest Feb. on record.

We are getting a pool!:spin: :dancer: :hyper: :sunny: :swim: I am so happy. The second guy came and gave a great price. In fact it was $8,000 less than the first guy. He is coming over at 11 to draw it out on the ground for us to see how much it is going to take up. joe and I both agree that we btoh need to get in better shape now that we are going to get a pool. There is no way I am going to have a pool party and be this flabby.

Sorry I couldn't get on yesterday. I had a sick hubby and was taking car of him. It was nice to have him home though. It is funny the food he wanted. I made soup and then turned around and made oatmeal cookies. He is such a sweetie.

Not much happening here, just waiting for the pool guy. (ashame he doens't look like the ones on TV) :devil:

Karen31
03-01-2007, 11:35 AM
Kempyd, YEA For getting a pool!!! If we had one here it would be an ice skating rink!!! :rofl: Or I guess we would have to make it an indoor pool. We got about 4 inches of snow overnight and it is still COLD!!!! :brr:
My Dad has a pool back in MO. but last year he didn't even fill it. At 87 years he is getting up there and it is a lot of work for him to maintain. I have 2 brothers and a sister back there that could help but seems like they are always busy with their lives too. And in September he had to have a quadruple bypass and has now been staying with my sister back there. He still has his own house but with the memory and all the meds. (he is diabetic too) he just isn't able to stay at his own home alone anymore. :( HE still wants too though. :)

Well, better get busy. I still need to walk this morning. Tim stayed home from work to run the snow blower through the driveway where the wind drifted it. So he will be going in later.

Take care and I'll check back later. Karen

calnative
03-01-2007, 01:14 PM
Hello everyone,
Yes, I am home again. Ashley still has a fever...103 this morning, so I am taking her back to the doctor this afternoon. There are even more white spots on her throat now. I don't know what it could be...maybe the antibiotic isn't working. We'll see what the dr says. I do know that she isn't eating (yesterday she ate some jello and about 6 bites of spaghetti o's. Today, so far, she hasn't eaten anything.
Kempy: That's great you're getting a pool. I would like to have one, but hubby's afraid because of his seizures and I'd constantly be worried about Ashlye, even though she can swim. Still...I can dream!!
Karen: I guess CO is getting all the winter stuff that the rest of the country usually gets. Hopefully it won't stay around until May!! I'll send some rays as soon as we get some!

Cal

Kempyd
03-01-2007, 03:54 PM
Karen I wish you could be here today. It is beautiful outside. In fact I am supposed to be cleaning but I am about to go sit on the swing and read. I don't think anyone drains pools down here. There really isn't a need.

Cal I am sorry to hear that Ashley is still sick. Sometimes it is just so hard to kick.

The pool is all drawn out on the ground now so we can see what space it will take up . I think it is going to look great. I am going to take lots of pics during the process so you guys can see. No pics of me in a bathing suit though. This is what you will be doing :rofl:

melekalikimaka
03-01-2007, 04:11 PM
Hey girls, I had a crazy hectic day yesterday with it being month end and all... therapy, doctor's appointments, bill payments, end of month statements, etc. It's a new month and I'll start a new thread real soon.

Kempy, that is great about the pool. I dunno if you said before, but are you guys putting in a hot tub too? If so, I'm coming over and I don't care if I look like this :sumo: cause I love hot tubs. :lol: How soon are you guys breaking ground? You are so lucky to have it going on by summer. I would NEVER laugh at you in a bathing suit because i know I look worse :fr: Is Joe all better now?

Cal, I hope Ashley gets better soon. :hug:

Karen, I can't believe it's that cold there. I've got the fan blowing on me as I'm sitting here right now. Hey, we've been having snow on the Big Island high up in the mountains where the volcano observatory is, lower elevations have been getting pelted with rain though. It's beautiful out here today though. Do you get to visit your dad much? It's nice that he has family to help him out and it can't be easy for you to be so far away.

Gotta run and get a move on. Chat later.

Kempyd
03-01-2007, 05:36 PM
Noelle we are getting a hot tub. It ireally doesn't matter to me but Joe like them. I feel like I'm sitting in the tub with a swimsuit and that doesn't feel right. Joe is better. I think it is just allergies. we worked int he yard and he started to feel bad. He stayed home just to make sure. That is so funny to me. I guess sometimes you need a break.

melekalikimaka
03-01-2007, 05:38 PM
Kemp, if it's your house, your hot tub and only you and Joe are using it who needs a swimsuit??? :devil: