Old 02-01-2007, 11:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/245/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile WATP~~ February 2007 Daily Check in

Hello all you beautiful walkers! This is the thread for people who use Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds! Feel free to stop by and report your walks and progress toward your goals! Or if you just want to ask a question, we're here for you!

Last edited by hoosiermomto3; 02-01-2007 at 11:14 AM.
hoosiermomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:04 AM   #2  

I cannot possibly be the first one to post this fine February 1st, can I???? I hope no one minds me starting a new check in thread. Michelle, I stole your intro from last months post

Today I did the walk slim 3 fast miles and fast firming workout.

Old 02-01-2007, 11:28 AM   #3  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

3 fast Walk Slim miles for me this morning!
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:48 PM   #4  
Baby steps

S/C/G: 280/270/160

Height: 5'8"

Hamstrings are still killing me today, so I'm just walking in half-mile chunks. I've done a mile so far today, and maybe I'll get another one in.
Wildfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 07:05 PM   #5  
Dieting Diva

WATP for abs three mile" Dvd video this morning.I did the "Power Mile" this afternoon.
I have not set any distance goals- but I want to see how fair I walk on this diet journey.
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 07:45 PM   #6  
Tlove

S/C/G: 193/191/150

Height: 5'5

Hello everyone!! I am new to this website and to Walk away the pounds, but I just have a few questions for all of you successful walkers on this program.

How often do you guys walk?
Which tapes are you using?
How much weight have you lost so far?

Please let me know because I have the 3 mile tape and I am doing it everyother day or 5 days a week. I hope that I can lose about 30 pounds doing this before like May/June. Do you guys think this is possible. Also I am following a low calorie diet. About 1200 calories a day?

Please help!
~Tlo
tlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:18 AM   #7  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Tlo, I use the 5 mile advanced and the 1 mile jog (video edited to the miles I like, i.e. fastest). I started with the 2 miler then worked my way up to 5-6 per day, then lowered it back to 3 per day since I stopped losing weight. Up till now, I've lost 41 pounds since late April. My thoughts on setting weight loss goals - they're great to get you started but if you're following your plan - your body will lose at the rate it will lose at and you can't really make it lose faster. JMHO.

I did 3 miles WATP this am. I'm still sore and stiff, but definitely getting better. Tomorrow I will post January's numbers (weight loss - if there is any) and the exercise log. It's on my USB drive on my keychain and I'm too tired to go get it.

Tomorrow is weighin so I'm hopeful, but know it isn't the point in my cycle where I usually lose. Next week and the week after are my hopeful weeks.

Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:23 AM   #8  

Marie, glad to hear your back is feeling a bit better. Hope it continues to improve each day.

Tlo, I have about 20 different WATP workouts and I switch back and forth between them to keep things interesting. But I've recently purchased Leslie's newest workouts called Walk Slim and they are by far my favorites of her workouts so far. I do the workouts usually at least 6 days a week, sometimes I go a long while w/o taking a day off. I generally do 3, 4 or 5 mile walks now. Although when I'm pressed for time I'll do 2 miles some days.

I started using WATP last January and I've lost nearly 40 lbs. Not fast, but for me it's a huge accomplishment. I'm an emotional eater and I obsess about food so the food portion of losing weight never comes easy to me at all, but I'm getting better Like Marie said, your body will lose at the rate it wants to lose and you can't really ramp things up too much. You can expect to lose 1-2 lbs a week safely. I try not to set goals as far as weight loss because even if I work out faithfully and follow my diet carefully there are times I just won't lose weight and saying I want to lose X pounds by X date and not having that happen can really throw me off.

Today I did the 4 mile walk slim fast walk

Old 02-02-2007, 11:43 AM   #9  
Tlove

S/C/G: 193/191/150

Height: 5'5

Marie and Karen,

Thank you both so much for your responses. I really appreciate your help! I really don't NEED to lose that amount of weight by then, but it just seems like I have tried so many things and I just wanted to get some kind of re-assurance that if I stick to this workout, I will loose somthing by summer. But losing 1-2 pounds a week is fine by me!! I will take that. And even if I don't, I just really want to be healthy and don't want to feel so out of shape at such a young age anymore. My boyfriend lifts weights and works out everyday, and he is gone away for a few months, and when he comes home I want him to see that I am getting more in shape. Don't get me wrong, this is FOR sure for me, not him because I have been trying to get my body together long before I even met him, but he is good motivation for me

But thanks again guys for your feed back, I really do appreciate it, and I will post everyday and let you guys know how I am doing. My normal weigh in day is Sunday, so I will let you guys know how my first week went.
I did the 3 mile walk yesterday and I am feeling good today. So lets keep up the good work
tlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 05:48 PM   #10  
Baby steps

S/C/G: 280/270/160

Height: 5'8"

Gah, I think I'm going to have to go visit the doctor tomorrow. I've mentioned my hamstring pain the past few times I've posted, and I had HORRIBLE leg cramps all night last night. I even took it easy yesterday and drank all my water (80 ounces).

I got out of bed this morning and proceeded to fall flat on my face because my leg just literally gave out. I don't know what to do.
Wildfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:01 PM   #11  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi all, I have no exercise to report, but I wanted to pop in on the new thread. DH is doing well after his surgery. I've got either a cold or the flu (woke up with it yesterday morning) and I feel like cr*p. I really don't feel like nursing anyone today, but.....

I hope to actually feel like exercising tomorrow.

Take care.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:17 PM   #12  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

So sorry you're under the weather, Tammy! Please take care of yourself!

I did the 3 fast Walk Slim miles again this morning! I just LOVE that workout! You'd think I'd be tired of it, since I've done it 7 of the last 11 days, but I just LOVE it! I still need to make the time to do the Fast Firming. Maybe this weekend.....

Of course, tonight is booked--we are having hubby's company party, which means dinner for 8 (very small company) at a fancy restaurant. Tomorrow night is booked--my son is getting his Arrow of Light Award for Scouts in a special District-wide ceremony, which means another dinner out just for the family. YIKES!! I'll get my workouts in SOMEHOW!!!

Have a great weekend, walkers!

Michele
Old 02-03-2007, 12:11 AM   #13  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone, I did a 3 mile fast walk this morning and put more effort into the movements. So there was a bit more aerobics to it. My back is about the same today. DH hubby felt sorry for me since I was bummed about not being able to go on our ski trip this weekend so we're driving to Portland for a weekend getaway. It'll be nice and I'm not bringing either or my laptops!!! Eeks, separation anxiety. So I won't be checking in. I do have WATP on my ipod and will be bringing that.

Tammy, I hope you feel better and Tlo, good for you on doing this for yourself. Motivators are great but the end all is yourself.

My scale was as mean as usual. No loss. Oh well, I really wasn't expecting much just had hope.

Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 11:42 AM   #14  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

4 fast Walk Slim miles for me this morning! I had to work off a bit from last night's company dinner! I indulged in a glass of white wine AND a slice of turtle cheesecake Oh, well.....I've done really well so far this month and one night isn't going to ruin everything!

Hope everyone has a great weekend and keep warm!

Michele
Old 02-03-2007, 01:21 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 206/188/150

Height: 5'1

Hi
I was just wanting to know which dvd should I buy the 5 mile advanced
or the walk slim one ?
Dusty
Dusty4800 is offline   Reply With Quote