100 lb. Club - February NSV'S

View Full Version : February NSV'S

rockinrobin
02-01-2007, 10:26 AM
I thought I'd get the ball rolling. This is a thread where we share our
Non Scale Victories. For those of you who are not familiar with the term, a NSV is any progress made that doesn't necessarily relate to the number on the scale. It could be a compliment recieved, fitting into clothing better, making a healthier choice and the such. And no, it's not the time to be humble :) . It's definitely one of my favorite threads. Let's hope it gets filled up quickly with inspiring NSV's. This is a short month so let's get moving!!!

My NSV:

My DH normally drives my 17 year old daughter to school every morning. He had an early appointment and could not do so. Her school is about a 25 minute walk so when he can't take her she walks. She says to me this morning, "Hey, ma, wanna walk me to school?" And I thought about if for a few seconds and said "YES, I'd love too!." Obviously I'd have to walk back as well and I did. It felt great. I've been walking since I started this venture back in September, so I knew that I COULD do it. I walk more then that most days. But to be able to walk my daughter and spend some time with her was great. We had the nicest talk and it was such a nice way to start my day. I beamed all the way home. Just the fact that I was ABLE to was really something for me. She would not have even asked me this 5 months ago. There used to be a time, not that long ago, where taking out the garbage was an effort for me. I tell ya, I'm in heaven right now. Whatever sacrifices I thought I was making in order to make this lifestyle change is nothing, nothing in comparison to what I have already gained.

carolr3639
02-01-2007, 10:35 AM
Awesome Robin, just awesome. I'm beginning to make some of those same decisions. My daughter in SIL want to go look at houses today and at first I wasn't going but now I'm going, Lord willing.

lilybelle
02-01-2007, 12:10 PM
Hi robin, glad you got the thread started. It's one of my favorite thread. You had such a great NSV and I'm sure your DD loved you walking and chatting with her. WTG.

Carol, for me just getting out of the house more has helped me feel better mentally and physically. Now, if DH is going outside even to pick up firewood to bring in or clean up under the carport or whatever, I go too. Prior to improving my health, I'd sit on the couch instead of going out. Now, when anyone is going anywhere I'm right there with them.

My only NSV is that last night I looked at my Fitday to make my dinner choice and make sure I'd had enough fiber for the day to plan my meal accordingly. This is a first for me. I also wrote out a 2 week menu and a grocery list to go get this evening. I am prepared. I'm kind of snowed in and waiting for DH to get off work to drive me grocery shopping.

Jen415
02-01-2007, 12:49 PM
In spite of knowing there would be a gain on the scale, I went to my WW meeting anyway! I really debated about going, but I've come to the logical conclusion that the number is going to be the same, no matter if I weigh in or not, so might as well go, weigh in and get inspired!

(PS: There was a 1 lb gain, which is MUCH better than I thought it would be! But after six weeks, I am still 7 lbs down, so an average of 1 lb a week--which makes me happy! I'm now convinced that slow steady loss is PERMANENT loss! :)

rockinrobin
02-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Carol, same for me like Lily said, if there's somewhere to go or something to be done I'm the first one to do it. To say that that was not always the case is a complete UNDERSTATEMENT. I too would just sit on the couch. Adding movement and activity to my life has been one of my greatest newfound pleasures as you can tell from this mornings post about my walk with my daughter. (I am still on cloud 9). It does make you feel better, both physically AND mentally. If you have an opportunity to go - go. If not, start making your own opportunities. Before you know it you will always want to go and do. :hug:

Lily, it seems you're really into your fitday. I'm happy for you. You are adapting so well to yet another new lifestyle. Did you ever think you would be switching things up yet again?

Jen, great going on the 7lbs. Slow and steady wins the race!!!

boaterswife
02-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Wow, Jen, what a positive outlook! You are so right, the number is there whether you step up to the scale or not, and you're not letting it stop you. Way to go!

Casey4
02-01-2007, 01:23 PM
:carrot: You all rock!

Mine happened last night. For dinner I add a big bowl of stir fried veggies with shrimp. I had planned to finish up with a fruit (probably blueberries.) I finished and was on auto pilot enroute to get my fruit and realized that I wasn't hungry any more and was just getting the fruit because I "could" have it. It is not that is would have been bad to eat the fruit, but I felt great because I listened to my body and followed its cues. That is a good change for me. :smug:

lilybelle
02-01-2007, 02:11 PM
robin, when I first started my lifestyle change I thought I'd do Atkins forever. I thought this all the way to goal. I don't have a problem with the program aside from the fact that I found it impossible to get the fiber that my body needed. For me, the artificial means of fiber simply didn't work. I truly believe that I couldn't have successfully done calorie counting to start with. I had such a ravenous appetite before that I got great comfort from Atkins just knowing that if I was hungry that I could eat another big chunk of chicken, steak or pork to till me up. In all honesty I didn't work the program like I should have. Quick wt. loss was so important to me that I didn't increase my carbs gradually like I should have. I made it to maintenance level only being able to eat 35 carbs without gaining. So the program didn't fail me, I just didn't work it right.

Now, that I'm used to eating less than the probably at least 4000 cal's a day that I ate before starting Atkins, calorie counting is more reasonable for me. I am currently eating 1800 and feeling full to try to maintain my wt. at this range. (I was eating 2300 daily on Atkins). I think Atkins is awesome for quick wt. loss (about a yr. for first 89 lbs.) but to me, calorie counting seems more like something I can do for a lifetime. And OMG, it tastes great to get to have whole wheat pancakes with SF syrup. I love em. I was really sick of eating tons of meat, eggs and cheese. I feel like my food program is far more balanced now and I am getting plenty of fiber and having way less tummy issues. I'm actually having skim milk now after going 1 1/2 yrs. without a single cup of milk. Before, I bet I didn't eat more than 1 slice of bread per month. It's so cool just to be able to have a tuna or turkey sandwich.

After being active on the Atkins forum for the past yr. I saw many others that reached goal through Atkins and then switched to counting calories for life.

Bonita Gordita
02-02-2007, 12:41 AM
So far this week my biggest NSV was working out three days in a row. It has been... well, it's been a looooong time since I've done that.

karrier
02-02-2007, 04:58 AM
I made an appointment for the dr I am months overdue to see him (oct) I hate the doctor, but I will go.

boaterswife
02-02-2007, 11:56 AM
My NSV for today.....Saw my MIL a bit ago. She's not had one nice thing to say through the last 60 pounds, and is really sporting that green-eyed monster on her shoulders. Today she actually smiled and said I was melting away to nothing! I was speechless and couldn't even respond.....which is probably a good thing!

Luminous
02-02-2007, 05:22 PM
I began working out again last October, going to my sister's in the mornings and doing it with her. Her oldest is in school but her younger (my avatar) goes to preschool in the afternoons. In the cooldown stretch segments of many videos, there's the front thigh stretch where you are on the floor leaning to the side, and grab the front of your shoe or your ankle and hold your leg bent behind you. I could never grab either so I would have Maggie push my leg back so I could curl my fingers in the back of my shoe, and even that was tough!

Obviously you can see my NSV is today, I was able to grab the back of my shoe all by myself. :cool:

Oh, and on another note, my pants are getting longer - less bulk inside holding them up!

NESunshine
02-02-2007, 06:33 PM
So every once and a while the office does some sort of lunch order out, most often for the monthly birthdays. I've been staying away from any and all take out and office food since I started and have really restricted myself. I knew in advance that they were doing pizza today so I planned for it. I had a big scoop of salad skipping the dressing and 2 slices of veggie pizza (the smallest ones). I skipped the soda and brought my water and they forgot to order the usual tray of cookies and brownies ...but I really think that if they had ordered them or chips or anything that I wouldn't have been interested.

People around here know I'm 'dieting', as well as have just quit smoking and stopped really drinking too... so they were surprised to see me 'eating pizza' cause I'm 'on a diet' but it was fine, because I was totally in control of it, paid attention, ate slow, skipped the extras and stopped when I was full. It really gave me the feeling of having normal eating habits, while I watched as on guy from our office at 12, no I'm not kidding, 12 pieces of pizza. I felt confident and strong. it was great

Also someone came into my cube to bum a cigarette yesterday and I actually used the words 'sorry, I quit 3 weeks ago'... that was the first time I've actually said that I've quit out loud, it sort of makes it real. Its still a struggle but hey..its a start!

srqmomof2
02-02-2007, 06:37 PM
I got one! I walked 30 whole minutes on the treadmill and survived!. After about 15 minutes I wanted to give up but I kept telling myself 'one more song on the Ipod' and that's how I made it through!

Casey4
02-02-2007, 08:41 PM
my DH took the older three girls out to the movies and Taryn is in watching "Barney." In the past this would be prime binge time. Yet here I am with my nice cup of white tea, keeping my fingers busy checking in with you all!!!

NESunshine: I just wanted to let you know how great you are doing to give up smoking and stay on plan. That is just a wonderful gift for yourself. I never smoked but as a nurse I know how addicting it is. You should be so very proud of yourself!

SexyRevealed
02-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Today I went out to lunch with a girlfriend to this new Thai restaurant in town. Restuarants are usually my "excuse" to go off plan and eat what I want, but I ordered appetizers for my meal (grilled chicken kabobs and we split an order of spring rolls). I was not overly full but satisfied, and I was proud that I was able to stay OP even at a restaurant.

lilybelle
02-02-2007, 10:16 PM
These are fantastic NSV's, thanks for sharing.

Today I went outside and helped my DH unload 2 ricks of firewood and stack it. He was grateful for the help and said "you know, honey, 2 yrs. ago you'd have never been able to help with something like this". He was right.

rockinrobin
02-03-2007, 01:55 AM
Great NSV's everyone, as always.

Oh Boaterswife, MILs. You can't live with them, you can't live with them. ;)

Sunshine, as always I am SO proud of you. YES, YOU QUIT SMOKING. YOU DID!!!! :carrot: :carrot:

Lily, I love those moments of finding things that you now do that you once couldn't. Is there anything better? I certainly can see where Atkins would have an appeal, that extra chicken breast or pork chop is definitely a bonus. You may not have worked the program to a T, but you were certainly successful with it. It got you where you are today and in a prompt fashion. I'm just glad you were able to see it was no longer optimal for you any longer and were wise enough to change it up. That's what it's all about. We've got to listen to our bodies and figure out what is right for it at the right time. For me, I'm sticking to calorie counting - forever. Until my body tells me differently that is. ;)

rockinrobin
02-03-2007, 02:23 AM
Okay so ummm, yeah I forgot about my NSV.

I got a Lane Bryant catalog in the mail yesterday. I called them up and told them to take my name off their mailing list!!!!! I never want to see that catalog or anyone's like it in my house ever again.

karrier
02-03-2007, 06:48 AM
I got into a pair of Jeans that I used to have to lay on the bed to do up. (don't laugh I sure there are alot of you who do this) Well I got into these jeans standing up. Whoo hoo!!:carrot: :carrot:

TempleBody
02-03-2007, 09:04 AM
Today, I started taking measurements and I actually found old recorded measurements. My hips went from 55 1/1 inches to 53!! My waist from 52 1/2 to 50!!!

boaterswife
02-03-2007, 01:36 PM
Karrier, I'm smiling ear-to-ear for you! Way to go on putting on those devil pants standing up!!!

Templebody, that's almost 5 inches! That rocks!!

Robin, I so agree.....I don't want any more plus sized catalogs in my house either. I never thought of calling and having my name removed from the list, but I think I'll do it too! And the MIL's, you're so right! You just can't live WITH them!!

lilybelle
02-03-2007, 01:38 PM
Robin, I get Lane Bryant catalogs and coupons too. I never thought of calling and having them taking me off their mailing list. I just toss mine in the trash. If I gave them to my sis, that would pi@@ her off for sure. LOL, she has always made fun of my weight.

My NSV is I think I'm doing really well with switching to calorie counting. I'm learning new ways to lower the fat and calories in some of our favorite family recipes. My family is very happy that it isn't just tons of meat, salad and green beans everynight anymore. I even made a big pot of chicken stew for the first time and it was delicious. I'm reading labels when I shop. Reading the Thin for Life book again (so much of it didn't pertain to me when I was doing Atkins and it makes much more sense to me now). I know now that I can do this and keep this wt. off and eat healthy in the process.

Cheryl14
02-03-2007, 03:02 PM
Great NSVs you guys! Isn't it terrific to be able to pat ourselves on the back for things OTHER THAN just the moving needle of the scale?!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Yesterday I couldn't stand my VERY loose rings one more day. I have had them resized twice (made BIGGER) over the 30 years that we have been married, so my thinner fingers just can't keep them on now that I have lost weight. I had ring guards for awhile, but those didn't help after awhile. Lately I have been wrapping foil around the ring guards so that my rings won't fall off! Turns out that I need to have them made FOUR SIZES SMALLER!

Yes, I KNOW how disgusting this is that I would wrap TIN FOIL around my beautiful wedding ring/engagement rings instead of just going to get them re-sized! The girl at the jewelry store couldn't help from laughing and jokingly asked me if I wanted to KEEP the tin foil that she removed from my rings!!

I was thinking about why I hadn't actually MADE THE SIZING COMMITMENT until now, and I decided that before yesterday maybe, just maybe I hadn't COMPLETELY COMMITTED to STAYING thinner! Maybe I was hesitating on having my rings resized like we sometimes keep old clothes that are too big because we haven't yet committed to NEVER, EVER being that size again!

I am continually amazed at how pervasive this weight loss is to my entire being! Losing the weight that I have lost so far is like losing pounds of noncommittment and pounds of insecurity! It is like losing these noncommited pounds and these insecurity pounds have caused a newer me to emerge from beneath. This new me has been buried deep inside since 1980!

Cheryl

lilybelle
02-03-2007, 03:08 PM
WTG Cheryl, I need to get my rings re-sized too. I can't hardly keep them on my fingers anymore. I don't know why I've been afraid to re-size them. Before I went a couple yrs. not wearing them because they were too small and now they are too big.

jennylou
02-03-2007, 03:21 PM
I took my measurements today and am down 22.25 inches!

WindyCityChick
02-03-2007, 04:05 PM
Ok, I'm repeating one of my previous NSVs, but it feels even better as the sizes get smaller. Today, I fit into yet a smaller size of "goal" jeans - size 14! I haven't fit into a 14 for a long time. Now I need to get a new pair of goal jeans to hang on my door, since the two previous pairs have been achieved.

boaterswife
02-03-2007, 05:01 PM
Jennylou, wow! :congrat: That is an awesome accomplishment!! My jaw is hanging open! :D

lilybelle, I'm so happy for you! I'm sure you were getting totally burned out on meat and green beans, and now there's a whole new food world open to you. Good for you for taking the steps to learn how to eat those foods in moderation!

Cheryl, good for you for taking those rings in to be resized! Mine fall off my hands now so I haven't been wearing them for fear of losing one, an I haven't gotten them sized either. I keep telling myself that it's because I don't want to have to pay to get them sized a second time after I lose the last 40-45 pounds, but you've got me wondering if that is the real reason or if I'm just gun-shy of gaining the weight back.....hmmmm....food for thought!

WindyCityChick WOO HOO!!!:bravo: You made it into those goal jeans! How exciting! Yes, you definitely need to go get a pair of size 12's now!

Cheryl14
02-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Hi Jennylou!

Twenty-four pounds and all those inches! You've pretty much lost an INCH for every POUND that you've lost!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Hi Lillybelle and Kelly!

Go get those rings done! You will make your hubbies very happy! :hug: The girl at the jewelry store and I were talking about their remounting event that will be coming up next week. I told her thanks for telling me, but that I was a solitaire gal all the way and wouldn't want a fancy redo for my rings. I also said that since my husband, then fiance, ate hotdogs for probably A YEAR to save enough money to buy my rings, they meant way too much as a complete set for me to change them! As I was finishing telling her that, he was walking up behind me!:o He said, "Well, I DID have SOME grilled cheese, too!" We all cracked up! :rofl:

Hi Windycitychick!

SIZE 14!!! FANTASTIC! Doesn't it feel wonderful to be able to fit into a smaller size?!!!
Congrats! :bravo:

Cheryl

lilybelle
02-03-2007, 06:59 PM
I had a very simple NSV with my lunch today. I had made me a turkey sandwich on wheat bread, some lowfat ranch drip and a handful of baby carrots and got me a banana. I ate the carrots and sandwich first and realized I was too full for the banana. I had already put the banana in Fitday. Anyway, I put the banana back up and decided to wait and eat in when I wanted a snack. No sense in going ahead and eating it when I was full just because I had allotted for it. Before, I'd have eaten it anyway even when I was full.
I was thinking of this type of stuff last night. I can maintain my weight on 1800 calories a day with my exercise. I have been getting closer to 1600 and feeling full. I decided there is no reason to eat more just because I can. Losing a few more lbs. slowly over the next year or so won't hurt me. I'm certainly in no danger of being underweight.

Cheryl, I'm like you, I'd never for a second consider having my rings put in a different setting. They mean too much to me. I loved the story about your DH. lol

jennylou
02-03-2007, 07:36 PM
windycitychick - That's awesome! I can't wait to fit into some size 14's again!

lilybelle - That's great that you were able to not eat more just because you could.

cheryl - thanks! That's a sweet story about your DH. :)

beautifulone
02-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Wonderful stories everyone ;)

My NSV is that I have been exercising. Bonus: recently, I was with a group of people and we ended up in a surprise situation that required some physical (fitness) endurance. Before losing 38 pounds and exercising, there is no way I could have completed this task with them which would mean I would have had to very visibly pull myself out of the situation and draw attention to the fact that my obesity is preventing me from being able to do what all of them can do. That would have been absolutely mortifying!!! :eek: I would have been the only one... all because I am am so obese/overweight! But I DID IT!! I was exhausted, maybe more so than anyone else, but I was able to do it. I was so proud of myself, and so glad to spare myself what would have had happened a few months ago!

Cheryl14
02-03-2007, 10:31 PM
Hi Beautifulone!

That is a GREAT story of VICTORY over what USED to keep you down! :carrot: How strong and in control you must feel in overcoming the physical challenge you had!

You go, Girl!:strong: :strong: :strong: :strong:

Cheryl

Mrs Quadcrew
02-04-2007, 12:17 AM
Tonight it was just our Grandson and I ~ in my previous life, I would've ordered in a pizza or hit a fast food place for dinner. The NEW LIFE me cooked us some chicken breast, some nice vegies, brown rice and a salad. I think he was even tickled that it was just the two of us and we had a nice meal together setting at the table.

Angihas2
02-04-2007, 01:16 AM
My NSV for the day, week, and probably month, was giving away all of my outgrown clothes. Not the smaller stuff, the larger stuff. You know, that stuff we've held onto for so long? At one point, I could fit into a 26/28 size. I have no idea what I weighed, as I hadn't, at that point been on a scale in 5 years. I've seen pics though, and it ain't pretty. Now, I'm in a comfy 20, with some room and a snug 18, so, all the clothes that are ABOVE those sizes got boxed, AND driven to Goodwill. I use to hang on to them, mainly because I hate to waste money, but also, because I knew there was a big chance, I'd be in them again. I was trying to rationalize keeping them, as we're planning to start trying for #3 next January, and I didn't realise as I was talking as if I planned to stay fat. It took me 2 hours, while my fiancee sat and laughed at me, to realise, I won't NEED them. "Dude, by next January, I'll be a size 10, if I need a size 28 during pregnancy, I better be having 11 babies." While I laughed all the way to Goodwill, it made me feel good to know this was a big mental commitment to a permanent way of life.

WindyCityChick
02-04-2007, 09:55 AM
Good for you Angihas! Giving away your "fat" clothes is one of the things Dr Phil recommends - this way, you will definitely have a physical reminder if you start creeping up on the pounds again. I need to do the same myself - lately, I wind up trying on everything in my closet every few weeks to see what still fits (or what now fits), and more and more items winds up in the "too big" section. Clearing things out would mean plenty of room for those new small sizes!

lucky
02-04-2007, 01:43 PM
I've been on hiatus for several months (busy finding 20 of the pounds I'd lost!) and I had forgotten how inspirational reading everyone's NSVs always is! Thanks for sharing everyone...you are all doing a fabulous job!

I'm really excited about my NSV. I signed up for Tae Kwon Do this week - and I love it! I found myself burned out at the gym and so cancelled my membership. I've been trying to decide what to do for exercise instead. My kids take TKD and we found out that it wouldn't cost any additional money for DH and I as what we are paying for the three kids is the same as a family memebership. Well, DH signed up about a month ago and the instructor has been hounding me for a couple of years now. At first I wouldn't sign up because I was just too fat (the dumbest excuse EVER not to exercise, BTW!). Now, though, I was feeling insecure about having regained some of the weight I'd lost and was a little scared about committing to any kind of exercise that had a goal at the end other than just losing weight. Plus, I just knew I would have two left feet and look like a complete idiot. Well, I bit the bullet and tried a class. It is AWESOME and I love that I feel so fit after having had so much fun. I wish I had quit the gym and started this months ago!

Bonus NSV's that are related...the instructor told me he noticed that the usual workout he does with new students wasn't resulting in me breaking a sweat. He told me after the last class that to be prepared because he was about to make it a lot harder on me. Even better, part of the work out included push-ups (which I've never been able to do!). I thought I was going to die but I did them until he said stop (granted the last ones were pretty sloppy - but I didn't give up!). That was a great NSV in and of itself but the best part was that when I looked up I realized that I was the ONLY woman in the class who wasn't doing modified push ups - not to mention that several of the men were doing the modified ones as well!

lilybelle
02-04-2007, 02:00 PM
These are such great NSV's.

Mine is that last night I went to play bingo with my SD and SGD. I planned ahead and took a Kashi bar. I knew they'd be munching on junk food. SD set there and ate 4 large tootsie rolls and SGD ate a large bag of cheetos. My SD was making fun of me for what I brought and even said "ha, ha, we get all the calories that we want". It took every ounce of restraint for me not to say "that's why you're wearing my old fat clothes and I'm wearing a new wardrobe of small clothes". I never say anything rude but I don't appreciate being taunted. BTW, the SGD polished off the large bag of cheetos, I looked at the calories, it had 4 servings and came to about 600 calories, the large tootsie rolls came to 880 calories. I do feel bad that the SGD is only 14 and weighs 185 and is 5'3. She is in 9th grade.

EnglishMuffin
02-04-2007, 03:05 PM
Hi there,

That's a great NSV Lucky - I'd love to try some form of martial arts (I do tai chi but I mean a more energetic kind) - maybe that's something to think about for the future. Hope you enjoy the class you've signed up for.

Lilybelle - it's very hard to bring your own food and have to endure people making comments and pressuring you to eat what they're eating. Change is difficult for others to come to terms with - particularly if they have a problem with their weight themselves. I'm sure they'll be asking for your advice when they feel ready to tackle things themselves.

My NSV is selling my elliptical today. I bought it when I was a fat person in hiding. I needed to buy gym equipment because I wouldn't dare venture into a gym. However, I don't need it any more as I'm a regular gym goer and have progressed so far beyond needing to rely on one piece of equipment to satisfy my activity needs. A sign of real progress for me!

EM

GirlyGirlSebas
02-04-2007, 09:06 PM
Wow! I just got the privilige of reading three whole pages of NSV's..and they were wonderful! I really love this thread!

Just got back from my Disney trip. Did I stay on plan? No, not 100%. But....I did find myself making healthier choices with food items, drinking water instead of soda...and I ate much less than I usually would have. My NSV....our last trip to Disney in October is what finally convinced me that I could not continue with my unhealthy lifestyle. I couldnt keep up with my family and my feet and legs just ached...I even had a hard time getting in and out of the rides. After one month of walking almost every day and losing 11 pounds, I could really see a difference! I kept up easily, I was able to get myself in and out of the rides easily and my legs and feet never hurt at all! :carrot: The workouts and diet are working! This is definitely motivation to keep going!

jtammy
02-04-2007, 09:32 PM
Hi all, I love reading the NSVs. You girls are great. Congratulations on every one of these.

I have a couple to add. For the first time, someone said to me today "You don't need to lose anymore weight." I do, and I will, but it was neat to hear someone say that.

As of today, I have lost 20 inches from my hips. I still have a ways to go, because I want to be 30 something inches instead of 40 something, but I'm much closer than where I started at 65 inches. (A tape measure and a ruler was needed to get all the way around :o)

My last one is that I finally conquered my fear and my embarrassment and got on my husband's bike and rode it this afternoon. I rode for an hour and a half (well, okay, I pushed up the hills). When I was younger and heavier, I used to love to go bike riding. Then I got so fat that I couldn't get on a bike anymore. I had the most wonderful time and I can't wait to go and do it again tomorrow afternoon - assuming I can get home from work before dark.

lilybelle
02-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Rhonda, sounds like you had a great trip and WTG on the NSV.

Tammy, you have done so awesome with the wt. loss and incredible on the inches too. WTG also on getting on the bike and riding. It just feels so good to be able to do those things again that we once enjoyed and had to give up because of our size.

My NSV tonite. I went shopping at the mall. I bought shirts for next winter on sale. I am confident now that I can and will maintain my wt. loss. Before, I never bargain shopped for the next year because I was always bigger by the next season. Oh, and the lady where I bought the shirts said "you'll probably need a medium for you and your daughter, you're both TINY." I just love that word. LOL.

jennylou
02-04-2007, 10:01 PM
My sil told me today that I was looking great - then she told me that although she doesn't want a bunch of people to know, she and her hubby started WW last week. Me thinks she's seen my sucess with it and thought it a good plan to start.

Cheryl14
02-04-2007, 10:44 PM
Hi Everyone!

I think this thread has become my all-time favorite!:val1:

Congratulations to all of you on some GREAT victories, and also thanks for all the inspiration! Each time I read yet another person's victory over this weight loss jungle, I get teary-eyed! (I'm such a softie!) :grouphug:

I have TWO NSVs to share today! :)

First, I decided to try doing my exercise ball DVD again (Suzanne Deason). About fifty pounds ago I did VERY poorly on it and put away that DVD AND my exercise ball. I'm not sure what made me decide to give it a try again today... Well, I was VERY pleasantly surprised that except for a couple exercises, I did very well with it! I KNOW that the work I've done with yoga and Turbo Jam has helped me lose quite a few inches which makes it much easier to negotiate the ball exercises! My abs are still my weakest muscles, but the improvement that I felt today has made me WANT to keep at it with my exercise ball practice!:)

My second NSV today was something my oldest son said. All of us were in the kitchen cutting vegetables and sirloin and preparing our Super Bowl Sunday Guinness Beef Stew. We have a small kitchen, so it was pretty crowded with five of us in there! My oldest son was using the one cutting board facing straight ahead, and I was in the corner to his direct left facing off to his left so that we were working in an "L" shape. He said, "Hey, Mom! Since you lost your 68 pounds and I lost my 75 pounds we fit in this small space where we NEVER would have fit before!" I feels GREAT not to take up SO MUCH SPACE!!!!:carrot:

Cheryl

sexybrokechick
02-04-2007, 10:51 PM
Today's NSV. My face feels smaller and looks smaller. Not a lot but my double chin doesn't look as big. :)

I can't wait for tomorrow to have more NSVs!

rockinrobin
02-04-2007, 11:59 PM
Awesome NSV's. Just awesome.

I'm so happy for you Girlygirl. Disney was a nightmare for me 8 years ago. I don't even want to think about it. I'm sooo glad you were able to enjoy it more!

Cheryl, it is GREAT to take up less space in the world!!! I always felt like I was taking up more then my share.

jtammy, you must be so pleased with your incredible progress. I wish I would have taken measurements when I first started this. I think the actual measurements scared me more then the number on the scale. I know they did. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Oh well.

Lilybelle, it is hard enough to be eating different food then other people without having to put up with their rude comments. good for you for enduring and realizing that your food is a much better choice then their junk.

I had a lot of compliments coming my way this weekend. One of my DD's friends mother stopped by today. She had heard about my weightloss, but wanted to see it for herself. She just questioned me to death and was very complimentary. She said to me that I look completely different. (This is a good thing)

Last night we went to watch a movie by a friends house. They're our very good friends and I hadn't seen the husband in about a month. I took off my coat and he said "You're 1/4 of what you used to be. You're done. You're absolutely done" And like jtammy, I said "No, I'm not done, not even close, but thanks for saying so." Then his wife (my very good friend) said to me "You really are looking skinny tonight"

While we were watching the movie, The Devil Wears Prada, umm why did Meryl Streep get an Oscar nomination for that? I mean she was good and all, but it really wasn't that meaty a role. Definitely not Oscary worthy. Anyway, I digress, so during the movie she served all kinds of junk. Although she apologized for doing so, I told her it was fine it didn't bother me. I didn't touch it. I ate a small mcintosh apple. I hadn't eaten dinner because on Saturday nights we often wind up by friends and wind up going to dinner. So I was starving having just eaten the apple. By 11:00 I was practically fainting, so we went out for a bite to eat. They all had pasta. I had 1 vegetable sushi roll of which I picked off most of the rice. I didn't even want anything else. Not even a little bit. I am so focused on my next goal, 187 lbs, which will be 100 lbs lost, that I could care less about any food other then the healthy stuff.

jennylou
02-05-2007, 12:54 AM
rockinrobin - good for you for you for focusing on your next goal! We watched the same movie on Saturday night. It was cute, for sure, but like you, I don't understand the Oscar nomination. :)

SexyRevealed
02-05-2007, 12:58 AM
Wow, some great stories!

Tammy... 20 inches lost from your hips!!! WOW!!!

I love this thread.

lilybelle
02-05-2007, 10:13 AM
Last night I walked on the treadmill and did my elliptical even after being at the mall for hrs. and Walmart both. This time I didn't use my shopping as an excuse to skip my planned exercise.

Ladies, I love reading these NSV's everyday and contributing the ones that I have happen. Great job everyone.

robin, don't you just love those "you're done" compliments. That is great.

rockinrobin
02-05-2007, 10:19 AM
Last night I walked on the treadmill and did my elliptical even after being at the mall for hrs. and Walmart both. This time I didn't use my shopping as an excuse to skip my planned exercise.

This is something that I ALWAYS did in the past. I'm working on it. I've gotten better, but not perfect. I always told myself I walked enough shopping and doing my errands and stuff so therefore I didn't need to do any additional exercise. What nonsense that is. You're SUPPOSED to walk around doing errands and stuff. That's what is called unintentional exercise. INTENTIONAL exercise is another matter completely. That is just a HUGE NSV. HUGE.

I've yet to step on that scary ellipitical thing. Excellent Lily, just excellent. You are really mastering that thing aren't you? I hope when I am at goal I, like you will keep on trying new things. That's my plan. Thanks for the inspiration Lily.

And yeah, those your done compliments are quite nice. Mindboggling, but nice!!

Mrs Quadcrew
02-05-2007, 10:35 AM
I love getting here everyday and seeing all the NSV's!! They are all so inspiring, and there are some that I can really relate to! I don't have any to share today, I just wanted to let all of you know how much I appreciate it when you share yours!

lilybelle
02-05-2007, 10:40 AM
robin, thanks. It seemed like a little thing to me, but I had always before thought "oh, I already got exercise today by shopping". Duh, that is supposed to be just routine movement not a reason to plop my rear on the couch all evening. LOL.

boaterswife
02-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Way to go, Lilybelle! I understand the thought process and have had the same one myself. Now I tell myself that even though I walked around the mall all day I was strolling, not working up a sweat, so that doesn't count!

Today's NSV revelation.....I just finished working out and realized I think I need to buy some new weights. A few weeks ago I bought some little 3 pound hand weights to get started with, thinking oh, these are nothing! Well that first week I felt like my arms were going to fall off, but I stuck with it! Now I've realized that for the last several days I've been putting both of the 3# weights in one hand to work one arm, then switching both weights to the other hand to work the other arm. It's still only 6 pounds combined, but I guess my strength is increasing! I think I'm going to go get the same weights in the 5# size so I'll be able to add a #3 to it for a while, then put both of the 5 pounders in one hand for a 10# resistance in a few weeks. Changes going on in my body that I didn't even notice!

Lifeguard
02-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Wow - 6 pages of NSV's & it's only the 5th!!

I started my job 2 weeks ago & started getting up at 6:00am (before that I was getting up at 8 or 9). Today I started getting up at 5:30am so that I could take the dog for a walk before going to work. And it was bitterly cold today but I still went!

Not so much an NSV but an OMG moment - my picture was in the town paper this past weekend (from when I was helping out at the winter carnival breakfast) & let's just say it was NOT flattering! Ugh - made me want to cry - but I am going to copy it & put it up in strategic places as a reminder of why I'm doing this.

As well, I finally got up the gumption to talk to my doc about my cycles & lack of getting pregnant & instead of telling me to lose weight (as I was convinced she was going to) she is sending me to a specialist & getting me tested for pcos. I just feel good for actually taking this step. Plus if it is pcos that would explain why I lose so freakin' slowly!!!

lilybelle
02-05-2007, 05:35 PM
lifeguard, WTG on getting up earlier to walk the dog, even in the cold.

I am glad they didn't just ignore your symptoms and tell you to lose weight. That seems to be the cure-all advice that many dr.'s give. As for wt. loss with PCOS it is slow. My dr. put me on glucophage and says that it helps take the weight off with PCOS. Not sure if it did or not or if it was just my change in eating and exercising that helped. Probably a combination of all 3. (Plus they lowered my prednisone and I'm sure that helped too).

LisaMarie71
02-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Way to go on all these great NSVs, everyone!! :)

Today I had several excuses not to get out and run. I fell on my face the other day, my knees still hurt from that, and I'm still a little sick, plus it's 25 degrees outside...but I just finished a 3-mile run anyway. I'm proud of myself! I could've gotten so discouraged by the fall, but I just got back on the horse, so to speak!

Also, today everyone at school noticed my big bruise on my cheekbone, of course, so I kept having to tell what happened...but in the middle of telling one teacher, the teacher beside her just stopped me and said "Oh my God, you are so SMALL, Lisa." She didn't even look at the huge bruise on my face -- she was looking at my body instead! I loved that!

luckyducky
02-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Wow!!! You folks are so inspirational!!! Today is the first day of a 12 week wellness program, and I got a team together and one of the women on my team and I worked out just before going home! Ok, we walked a mile to WATP, but, it was up lifting, AND I got someone else to exercise also! ( on a funnier note, I work in a hospital, and since there was no one working in the endoscopy suite, that is where we walked away the pounds!! LOL, Nice quiet place, no one ever bothers us there, ( too afraid they might be hoisted up on the table for a colonoscopy next I guess!). I also got up this morning and exercised to Richard S. Tonin Downtown before work, now, that is definitely a NSV! I usually fall out of bed just in time to feed horses ( quickly) and get my son and I ready for school/work. I want to keep that up!

jennylou
02-05-2007, 07:56 PM
lifeguard - good for you for taking the next step. I'm a pcos-er who needed a bit of help conceiving, twice so far. :) PM me if you have any questions about the RE.

Angihas2
02-05-2007, 10:36 PM
I stayed on track today, both with diet AND I did the 3 mile WATP AND my first day of weights. I'm so stoked up. I feel like there's a female Arnold<a much much much sexier version> just waiting to bust out of this fat suit! And the NSV, was I WANTED to do it, I didn't HAVE to talk myself into it, I couldn't wait to get started, thats a HUGE victory for me!

Cheryl14
02-05-2007, 10:56 PM
Hi LisaMarie!

Sorry to hear that you fell and got hurt! I fell a couple years ago on my walk on a very blustery, snowy day and hit a huge pile of sharp ice pieces. I ended up with bruises and cuts and had to walk the rest of the way back home, too. NOT my best moment! I'm glad you were able to finish your run.

LOVE the comment from the teacher!

Congratulations!:carrot:

Cheryl

boaterswife
02-06-2007, 09:07 AM
OK, one of those goofy little nsv's.....I was just getting dressed and realized I have no underwear that fit....they're all baggy! Time to SHOP!!

lilybelle
02-06-2007, 10:40 AM
Kelly, I can remember my undies being so big they'd fall down if my jeans weren't holding them up. LOL. Buying new ones is fun though, got to pick out some cute ones instead of those granny panties. Have fun shopping.

My NSV, last night I was sluggish and wanted to just lay on the couch and read my WT. loss book. I decided to get off my lazy butt, have a cup of coffee and hit the treadmill. Walked 2 1/2 miles while swinging my arms and hips to loud music videos. It felt great. I'm sure I looked silly, but who cares.

My other NSV was yesterday marked 7 months of maintenance for me. Yippee, I CAN and AM doing this. Watching what I eat and exercising is a Very SMALL price to pay for keeping over 90 lbs. off. YEAH!

rockinrobin
02-06-2007, 11:33 AM
Kelly I too just recently bought new undies. Every time I look at them I can't believe how (relatively) small they are. My butt really, really slimmed down. It's so weird because when I was 135 lbs it seemed to be one of my bigger parts and now at 197 it's seems almost small as compared to the rest of me. This weight is NOT coming off the way it went on. Odd.

Congratulations Lily on your 7 month anniversary!!! Stupendous. I don't even know you, but I'm so darn proud of you!!!!

lilybelle
02-06-2007, 11:41 AM
thanks Robin, I think my butt is the smallest thing on my body. That isn't how it used to be, that is for sure.

A while back, I had a dressy function to go to. I pulled out a box of pantyhose that I had bought when I was heavier. They looked small but were queen size. I kept pulling them suckers up all night. LOL, gotta remember to buy new hose.

LisaMarie71
02-06-2007, 11:53 AM
Yay for smaller undies! I need to break down and buy some too!

lilybelle, 7 months at maintenance -- that is WONDERFUL!! I'm so proud of you, and so inspired by you!! Maintenance is HARD -- I'm not even there yet, and I'm already worried about it -- so it's great to see that you're succeeding at it. :)

Cheryl, I just realized how close our stats are! We're heading into Onederland together soon, it looks like!

I don't have a particular NSV to post today -- honestly, I feel like every day is a victory lately. I just feel so much better about myself, and I know all of you do too -- this is such a positive thread, and such a positive board, and I just want to thank you all for being so great!! I love that we're doing this together! :grouphug:

NESunshine
02-06-2007, 12:11 PM
OK...so my day yesterday was going so stressful and I was on the edge...today is much better and things are getting back to normal and the stress is less... this morning at the coffee machine a girl I work with asked me what it was that I was doing, was it weight watchers? I said no, told her eating healthy, counting calories and exercising...no specific program, just on my own, then I told her about fitday etc. She was telling me that she could notice a difference and was generally impressed... its funny when I started it was sort of like every one at work was working against me with the 'oh come on just have a bite it won't kill you comments' but now they've gotten used to it and are seeing changes in me and now it seems like thats motivating them to makes some healthier changes too....so cool.
makes any stressful roadblock I hit worth breaking through!

lilybelle
02-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Thanks so much for the support ladies with my maintenance. Of course, I do fluctuate a few lbs. I think the highest I have seen is 147 and the lowest was 137 (when I was sick and couln't eat, LOL). Anyway, I'm currently 143 this morning and just dang proud of it. Maintenance is hard, but to me it's not as hard as losing over 90 lbs. and I never want to have to do that again. That is for sure.

boaterswife
02-06-2007, 03:14 PM
Thanks for all the wonderful nsv's ladies! Whether I have one to post or not I LOVE coming in and reading them. Each victory that I read makes me feel even better!

Lily, WOW! Way to go on the maintenance! I'm almost dreading getting there, I think because I'm not sure what to expect. Right now I'm just plugging along and I know what to do; the unknown ahead scares me a bit! You've shown all of us that it IS possible to maintain successfully! Go you!

Robin, I'm right there with you! My hiney is the smallest thing on me right now....so much for losing it the way you put it on! And my waist? What happened to that? My waist was always super small compared to the rest of me, from teenage years on up, and now it's only a few inches smaller than my hips. It's almost harder to find pants now, but I'm sure in time it will balance out! Must be all the miles I've logged on the elliptical!

NEsunshine, the better you do the more people at your office will make better choices, then hopefully you won't have as many temptations there. Everyone will get healthier!

This morning I went to get the oil changed in my Escape without taking any lunch with me or anything. My planning ahead consisted of planning to go back home before work to grab some lunch. Well, it ended up taking almost 2 1/2 hours to get my oil changed, hence no time to go home. In a hurry I decided to grab something quick, took a look around at all the drivethroughs knowing that would be fastest. Instead, I zipped into Subway where I had to go in and wait in line to order. I knew it would take longer, but I also knew it was a much healthier choice. I haven't had fast food in 6 months, I wasn't about to start today!

Have a good afternoon, ladies!!!

Mrs Quadcrew
02-06-2007, 03:21 PM
WOW there is some great inspiration here today!! Thanks for sharing everyone ~ I hope you all know how much it means to be able to read these everyday. I am having a hard day today, and I just now got to sign on and read.....and seeing all of you here just makes my day better. When the world around us is crappy, it sure is nice to come here and get some good stuff going through the brain.:smug:

Cheryl14
02-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Great Job Everyone!:carrot:

Lillybelle-
I'm SO looking forward to be at a weight that I am really proud of! I'll bet it feels beyond fantastic to actually realize how far you have come!

LisaMarie-
Yes! We do have almost exactly the same stats! Are you doing anything different as you make your way these last six pounds to ONEderland? I have increased my workouts and have started putting all my foods and exercise on FitDay. I think I was eating a lot more than I THOUGHT I was eating during those eight months of plateauing! Also I probably was in denial about all THAT, too! This weight loss thing can really mess with your brain!:dizzy:

Great job guys!:cp:

Cheryl

Angihas2
02-06-2007, 03:48 PM
So, today I feel like crap. Sore throat, ears, neck, everything, BLECH. Normally, I would make a super healthy veggie based soup with ALOT of fatty beef. Add pasta and viola! comfort food. I went ahead and made the super healthy veggie soup, skipped the beef, and used reduced sodium beef broth, and added lentils and brown rice on the side. I'm glad I'm not taking this "sick-day" as a chance to fall back into my old habits.

lilybelle
02-06-2007, 03:59 PM
Kelly, don't ever dread reaching maintenance. Look forward to it. It's a whole new adventure. When I reached goal, I was so scared, I wanted to just keep losing because I knew how to do that. But, maintenance is even better. (except I can't use the excuse that my size changed so I can shop more, lol). Every month that goes by, I get happier and happier with my chosen weight. I've lost this much weight one time before using diet pills and the day I reached my goal, I think I started pigging out and eating everything in site. That was sure dumb, but I didn't know better. I thought the "diet" was over when I hit goal. Thank God, I found 3FC's or might have done the same stupid thing a second time.

rockinrobin
02-06-2007, 04:33 PM
All this talk about maintenance is really getting me excited. I simply can't wait. I suppose maintenance will be exactly the same for me, but maybe, just maybe with a few more calories. But then again, I'm not so sure I will be able to eat more calories. I'm so short and for a 5 footer to maintain 125 lbs or even 135, not sure I could really get down to 125, there really can't be that much of a difference. I guess the only difference will be is that I will be THINNER and HEALTHIER. Although a few extra calories would be nice.

Boaterswife, I wouldn't say my butt is the smallest, it's just A LOT smaller then it used to be. My waist is my smallest. My hips lost a lot too. This is just all too weird, good weird, but weird.

LisaMarie71
02-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Cheryl, I'm not really doing anything different at this point -- I'm just trying to stay really focused. I did get off track Saturday night, but it was sort of a "planned cheat," which I do every few weeks so I won't feel deprived. My planned cheats never seem to show up on the scale, as long as I keep them reasonable and few and far between.

As far as my workouts go, I think they've just gotten more intense because I'm really focused on becoming a better runner. I'm part of a 10k training team so I'm keeping up with my running and increasing my mileage each week, which means I HAVE to get my cardio in. I didn't have a problem getting cardio in before, but now it's running at least 3 times a week and other stuff the other days, where before I was only running once or twice. Running is just the most intense workout you can do, I think, so it has a tendency to melt the fat more quickly (at least that's true for me). Also, I've picked up more strength training, which will help me in the long run.

I think this 10k thing was scheduled at a good time in my weight loss -- I have 40 pounds left, and my body COULD start stalling, but my runs will probably keep the scale going down. It's almost impossible to be a consistent runner and stay as heavy as I am. I think running is going to be my key to maintenance as well, when I'm done shedding the whole 110 pounds.

Chunky Teacher
02-06-2007, 08:16 PM
I finally have TWO or maybet THREE NSVs

First: people are starting to notice my loss and are commenting.

Second: My favorite jeans are too big now.

Finally: I passed on ICED SUGAR COOKIES!!!!!!!!

I have followed my plan (no flour, no added sugar and keeping under 2000 calories) with no trouble for the past almost 5 weeks. I FEEL GOOD!

Cheryl14
02-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Hi LisaMarie!

You're a RUNNER?!!!! Ohhhh! I will definitely be in YOUR dust as you fly to ONEderland! You will be there probably by tomorrow morning!!

My future daughter-in-law is a distance runner training for her first Ultra in August. She's trying to figure out how to keep pounds ON! She's a vegetarian and can't have gluten. Can you IMAGINE having to try to figure out how NOT to lose too much weight?!!!!:dizzy:

Cheryl

Cheryl14
02-06-2007, 08:43 PM
Hey Chunky Teacher!

WAY TO GO! Congrats on all of your successes!:carrot:

Cheryl

LisaMarie71
02-06-2007, 10:17 PM
Cheryl, don't get too excited -- I just started running recently and I'd say what I do is more of a light jog than a run!! I'm trying, though, and I really love it! My husband is a running coach so I'm pretty inspired by him. I'll never be a truly fast runner, but I do want to make running part of my life forever.

Cheryl14
02-06-2007, 10:55 PM
Hi LisaMarie!

My oldest son ran his first marathon this past fall following a SEVENTY-FIVE pound weight loss over a year's time. He was a thrower (shot and discus) all through high school and college and is coaching throwers now in high school. (Throwers EAT as their exercise!) He lost his weight by running. He's a big guy - 6'4" and used to weigh 275. The pounds just melted away as he began running. His first "run" was about 1/4 mile, and he said he thought he was going to DIE! He gradually was able to build his distance. As the weight came off, he could run longer distances. He finished his first marathon in 3 hours and 46 minutes last fall. He said it was one of his proudest moments because it was something that he never thought was possible a few years ago.

You will be great! Keep on runnin'!!!! Enjoy!:running:

Cheryl

LisaMarie71
02-07-2007, 10:01 AM
Cheryl, you must be so proud of your son! A marathon is a HUGE accomplishment! My husband ran a half marathon last year, but he's always been a runner and he's never had an ounce of fat on him. I'd love to do a marathon one day, but right now I'm struggling with three miles. I started out slow like your son -- I would run for two minutes, walk for three...and then build it up each week. I'm still astonished that I can run at all. If you're interested in starting to run as well, you should try the Couch-to-5K Running plan on coolrunning.com. People on this board are always talking about it, so I did my own version of that and it was great!

I don't have an NSV yet today, but I do get to stay home because of snow...so that's a victory in itself! ;)

Cheryl14
02-07-2007, 11:54 AM
Hi LisaMarie!

I sure am proud of my son! I know what a challenge it was for him! He felt so good after he had done it!

The Couch to 5K sounds interesting! That might be a goal for when I lose my next 45 lbs.!

Good luck with your running! You will make it! I'm so glad you love it, because if you love it, you will keep going and SUCCEED!:carrot:

Cheryl

Lifeguard
02-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Lilybelle - thanks for the support - it is so motivating to see your progress & know that you have similar roadblocks.

Jennylou - thank you as well for your support - once I have a definite diagnosis I may just take you up on your offer.

I walked the dog again this morning - ugh, it has been SO cold here this week - but I did it. Cursing my DH the whole time because he is in Spain & it is not cold there!

Also, I have a job interview in about 1/2 an hour. It's for a position that's totally what I wanted ideally but didn't think I would actually get an opportunity for. It's great too because I have a job so there is no pressure - wish me luck!

lilybelle
02-07-2007, 02:20 PM
Lifeguard, good luck with the job interview. I can just see that you are becoming a more confident woman. WTG.

My NSV, (not sure if this is good or not) I have exercised so much this week that I'm sore. Had to take some ibuprofen. My thigh muscles are getting bigger and I may have to go up a size in jeans. That is OK with me, my legs were looking skinny anyway. I know it's not fat and I like this new buff look that I'm getting in my butt and legs. My tummy is getting flatter which is a big plus. I think the elliptical is restructuring my body a little. My maintenance weight is holding steady, so I'm happy with this.

Cheryl, I can hear the pride in your tone about your son. WTG. It is always a good thing to feel so great about our kids.

NESunshine
02-07-2007, 02:22 PM
Ok....so I had a work event last night and I partially survived. I haven't had to go to event since before Christmas and here is how it went.

I went to a local bar/restaurant before going to see opening night of 'Doubt' around the corner from the theatre with co-workers. While they (3 of them) had 2 18oz regular beers each, an xl side order of fries and a double decker appetizer platter I had a small ceasar salad with the dressing on the side and only used just a bit, probably not even one full serving...I'm not a big dressing person so that wasn't too hard. I had a large water and had Bacardi & diet to drink...I had 3 drinks over 2 hours but they were very small (I guessed small 8oz glasses) and I asked her to go easy on the rum so mostly I was really paying $7 a glass for a mini diet coke with a bit of a kick.

I wasn't going to go to the cast party afterwards but I did...mainly because Cherry Jones was the lead in the play and I think she's fabulous and wanted to meet her....I mean come on...the womans done movies with Julia Roberts and George Clooney....how could I not go shake her hand! Anyway I circulated the party for about 2 hours, I nursed one glass of wine the entire time and had one taste from the appetizer trays... just a bite of fresh tomato bruchetta so it wasn't bad. When the wine re-filler was circulating I did have one additional splash but it was just that ... a splash...maybe about 1floz.

I smoked 1 cigarette....pretty mindlessly out of old habit (its been 3 weeks since I smoked) and it was so horrible once I realized what I was doing and how bad it was I put it out and came back to my senses. It made me feel pretty sick so I don't think I'll make that mistake twice... I've definitely been reassured that I most certainly don't want to smoke.

It was a late night getting home, when I have events like this I'm generally stuck waiting for the last train out of the city at 12:10....or I'm there later waiting for a ride so its well around 1 or later when I get home....it was a bit later last night because the train station is where the Garden is and Justin Timberlake was there last night and they were holding the trains....I could have done with out that crowd after a 16 hour day I tell you. I made it in around 1, sober, didn't go for any late night snacks just went straight to bed.

Even though I was fairly well behaved I'm definitely feeling sluggish today, I didn't get much sleep and I can actually really wish I hadn't actually finished that glass of wine because my eyes are very tired today. I can also feel the aftereffects of that 1/2 a cigarette I had which is pretty unplesant so I guess I've gone and learned my lesson the hard way. yuk.

I've finally got my car back so I'm looking forward to a quick workout this evening and early to bed. Last night wasn't' completely saintly but I was for the most part in control and it was the first time I've tempted myself with such an out of control environment. Phew. I survived

Sandi
02-07-2007, 03:01 PM
I finally have a NSV!!! :D

Last night we had planned to take Jacob to the YMCA for his swimmimg class and then workout while he was swimming. During the day we got a ton of snow, so Steve told me that we were skipping the YMCA and staying home. All the way home (took me an hour instead of the usual 35 min) I couldn't stop thinking that I needed to go to the YMCA. For various reasons I had skipped my workout the day before and I couldn't stand the thought of missing 2 in a row.

When I got home, I announced that I was still going to the YMCA. I quickly changed and hit the gym. 35 mins of cardio later, I was home in time for dinner!! :carrot:

If you want it enough, you will make it happen!

Mrs Quadcrew
02-07-2007, 03:07 PM
NES - you did great considering all the hazards you encountered last night!! GREAT job!!!! (still got that good mojo there!!) ;) Look at all you encountered and how you handled it, WOW!!! :carrot:

Sandi - I know you feel better getting that workout in. We have a ton of snow and cold here, and I am so tired of it! I wish there was a Y close to me here.

crazynette826
02-08-2007, 05:24 AM
Congrats on all the great NSVs. Lifegaurd I hope your interview went well.

I had two NSVs today! The first one, I went to the park with my nephews today. It has been so cold here lately that it was so nice to have a sunny day where we could go and play without risking frostbite. We only wore jackets! Anyways, my oldest nephew is a monkey bar fanatic. Last summer he asked me to cross them with him, and I couldn't even make it to the second bar. Today I was able to cross them, all the way across, TWICE!!! My arms hurt tonight, but it was so worth it. :dancer:

My second one, is that I bought a step for step aerobics. It's always looked fun to me, but I've never really tried it. So I bought one, and popped the DVD that came with it in. Thinking that I would try just one of the combinations. I did the whole 40 minute routine, and was able to keep up for the most part!! Got a little confused on a few steps, but overall was able to finish it. For me it's been a great day!!! :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

Hope everyone else is having a great day too!!

GirlyGirlSebas
02-08-2007, 10:27 AM
My second one, is that I bought a step for step aerobics. It's always looked fun to me, but I've never really tried it.

Congratulations on making it through! I've always loved step aerobics...and its great for thighs and butt!

Lifeguard
02-08-2007, 11:41 AM
Well I think the interview went pretty well. It was just a preliminary one & I should hear tomorrow or Monday if I get a 2nd interview. I really didn't want to want this job but now I kind of do. It's at a really elite health club running their two pools (in & out) & the place is amazing!

No NSV's today but congratulations to the others. Sandi - it's when you do it despite the obstacles that you know it is becoming a true priority.

RememberHowToSmile
02-09-2007, 12:36 AM
I was standing outside a building with the reflective glass windows talking on my cell phone (I didn’t want to be the rude person in the waiting room on my phone) and I looked at myself and all of the sudden it dawned on me wow I’ve really lost a lot of weight I look a lot smaller.

rockinrobin
02-09-2007, 09:41 AM
Oh Lifeguard GOOD LUCK. It DOES sound amazing.

Great going everyone else. Let's keep them coming.

I have 2. The first is another weird one for me. I just realized this morning that I used to have heartburn every single day of my life and was living on antacids. Since I started my new lifestyle I have not had heartburn, not even one single time. Literally not once. It's amazing to me.

#2 - I ran into a neighbor of mine yesterday. This nasty man who never ever has cracked a smile in the 12 years I have been living here. He hardly ever even says hello when you see him or even acknowledges your presence. Anyway, I bang into him yesterday and he was ALL smiles and sweet and said to me that I'm disappearing and how good I look and tells me I must feel great and on and on and on.

That's all. :smug:

GirlyGirlSebas
02-09-2007, 09:51 AM
I have 2. The first is another weird one for me. I just realized this morning that I used to have heartburn every single day of my life and was living on antacids. Since I started my new lifestyle I have not had heartburn, not even one single time. Literally not once. It's amazing to me.

Isnt it great what eating healthy does for us? I used to buy a bottle of extra-strength Mylanta every time I bought groceries. I had acid indigestion every single night. I've had the same bottle for 3 months now. I've had to use it three times and those times were when I overate at night.

Congratulations on winning over the grumpy neighbor!

Mrs Quadcrew
02-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Robin - cool on winning over the grumpy old man! I have a small one - I never feel right spending money on myself. I have always had very long hair, which I just wash and air dry everyday. Last night DD and I went to the salon and I had about 1 foot of hair cut off!! My hair feels so soft and thick now!! I love it! And I REALLY enjoyed someone else washing and primping over my hair!

lilybelle
02-10-2007, 03:47 PM
robin, I noticed the same thing. I NEVER have heartburn anymore. I used to have it with reflux so bad I was miserable.

My NSV, is I'm back completely on plan with food and exercise after a rather harrowing day yesterday (funeral and all day spent with DH's family). I did borrow my MIL's tiller and am going to plant a garden next month to grow my own healthy veggies.

Another NSV that has nothing to do with wt. loss, is that several people came today and picked up their new puppies. Yeah.

Lifeguard
02-11-2007, 01:50 AM
Today was Saturday & I was wide awake & out of bed by 7am! This would have been unheard of from me not long ago.

Cheryl14
02-12-2007, 08:33 AM
Hi Everyone!

I just LOVE reading all of the NSVs!!! Each is so unique and different, yet they ALL point to us acknowledging that we are doing something incredible for ourselves by NOTICING the perks that weight loss can bring!! Woo Hoo!:carrot: :carrot:

Congrats to all!:hug:

Here's my recent NSV:

None of my coats fit anymore UNLESS I have two or three sweaters or sweatshirts under them! I have kept one of them to do the snowshoveling in (and you guys KNOW I have had to do plenty of THAT!) I washed my coats and put them in my bag for Goodwill.

At J.C. Penney's over the weekend I found a $240 leather jacket for $49, AND it was an XL in the Misses Department. I was THRILLED about the price, but also really excited that I finally could buy a coat in the MISSES department. I haven't bought a coat there in TWENTY YEARS! Another cool thing was that the jacket is a shorter jacket and looks really nice with jeans. :cool: I find that I am feeling comfortable NOT covering up and/or hiding in clothes. That has been HUGE for me!

Cheryl

SexyRevealed
02-12-2007, 10:12 AM
Cheryl, great steal on the coat! Even better that it was Misses!!!

I had an NSV yesterday. DH is a manager at Boston Market. He occasionaly brings food home when he works nights. He'd been bringing home the veggies, but for some reason last night he brought home my favorite, the sweet potato casserole. So I don't know what his motivation was, but he opens them up and shoves them under my nose. I was ALMOST tempted, for a second, but then I looked up the calories and saw that that little serving had 460 calories and 77 grams of carbs (39 grams of sugar!!!) I politely told him that those sweet potatoes would not help me to get where I wanted to go (as bad as I wanted them). I drank some water and went to bed, and that was the end of that. Sometimes a reality check can be all you need to avoid temptation, which is why I guess restaurants and fast food places don't readily display nutritional information.

LisaMarie71
02-12-2007, 10:33 AM
Great NSVs, everyone!!

My NSV today is that I'm wearing a pair of size 16 pants from Old Navy and they're very comfortable! I bought them about a month ago and I could button them but they weren't comfortable enough to wear because they were too tight in the butt and they're low-rise so my hips were too big for them. But now -- they fit perfectly! I even have a little room in them! It's so nice to wear clothes that fit, since all my stuff is too big now. I always get more compliments when I'm wearing stuff that fits.

beautifulone
02-12-2007, 12:37 PM
Great NSVs everyone :D Such happy moments!

About heartburn.. we're making such HEALTHY and POSITIVE changes for our selves, when I read about not having heartburn anymore I was so happy for you :) What an absolutely FANTASTIC change - I hope you are all very proud of yourselves!!!

Cheryl - That must have felt so awesome! I am so eager for when I will be able to shop in regular size stores, especially when they have sales! I don't have much money - especially being a student, so not only do I have a very small wardrobe but I think I look frumpy half the time at that!

Sandi - GOOD FOR YOU!!!

My NSV - I was getting dressed today when I decided to see what one of the shirts in a small pile of clothes I never wear was. I remembered it, it has been too small for a good year or two. So I tried it on, and it fits perfectly!! Maybe even a little loose on the torso, but the arms which were often too small, are JUST RIGHT!

Plus, life is just so much easier when I feel I have nothing to hide from bingeing, or feeling like I have to hide an unhealthy lifestyle :^:

Mrs Quadcrew
02-12-2007, 12:51 PM
I too LOVE reading these everyday - just makes me smile!! I have another one to share too.

We took the whole family to dinner at the Olive Garden Friday night. That used to be an eating frenzy for me with the breadsticks and pasta!! I had the whole wheat pasta with marinara, (which I only ate 1/3 of and brought the rest home for 2 more meals!) had ONE breadstick, salad with the dressing on the side - NO dessert! It just felt so good to be in CONTROL of what I was eating! I didn't WANT to pig out, I just was sooo excited about the way I handled a restaurant that I used to be so out of control at.:carrot:

boaterswife
02-12-2007, 06:15 PM
I've been trying to read the last several day's worth of NSV's to get caught up, and you guys are doing awesome!

Robin, good for you with the lack of heartburn! Until I read your post, I didn't even realize I haven't had heartburn in months, it just quitely went away and I didn't miss it!

Lily, my parents and grandparents always grew many of their own veggies with no chemicals/fertilizers/bug killers, etc. You will never taste anything better! AND....the gardening gives you exercise and something to do with your hands, a real two-for-one!

Lifeguard, that's awesome that you've got more energy to get up earlier on the weekends! Isn't it amazing when you think about how much more you get accomplished now that you're smaller than you were? It's great!

Woo Hoo, Cheryl, the missy department! That Rocks!!!!

Tiffany, you are so right! Sometimes a gander at the nutritional label is all you need to give you the motivation to walk away from something!

Lisa, how cool about the Old Navy jeans! Totally exciting that they fit you now! Oooohh, and I was just looking at your tracker, you're almost to ONEDERLAND girl! Keep it up!

Beautifulone, shopping in your own closet by fitting into things that didn't fit before is so rewarding! New things to wear that you didn't even have to spend $$$ for....love it!

Mrs. Quadcrew, you have amazing control! You should be so proud of yourself!

Ok, now for me! Just got home from Cincinnati and a 4 day jaunt of unhealthy food to choose from, etc. I did use some (ok, a lot) of my WW flex points, but I didn't go over, and I was aware of everything I put into my mouth....bonus #1! Second, about midway through Sunday I noticed I kept slowing down or stopping to wait for others to catch up with me, and I wasn't tired or winded or anything. Last year when DD had her Cincinnati competition, I was the adult that was bringing up the rear, trying to keep up with everyone else. What a difference!

Lifeguard
02-13-2007, 12:36 PM
Yesterday I didn't bring a lunch to work & instead of going & get something unhealthy (that really is the only thing around here - I work in an industrial park) I ate the carrots I had left in the fridge & drank 2L of water & waited to eat until right when I got home. But this made me decide to just buy slimfast shakes (which I've been doing for breakfast) & keep them at work for my lunches. I don't really have the desire to eat during the day & this ensures I have something & that it is fairly balanced.

SuchAPrettyFace
02-13-2007, 01:30 PM
I went to the GAS STATION (evil foods paradise) and bought a garden salad & packet of dressing. Didn't even LOOK at the Pringles.

And later on, at the grocery store, looked at the Pringles, but walked away.

Did not buy one unhealthy thing @ the grocery store.

Eiluj
02-13-2007, 03:59 PM
In 1997 my husband bought me a coat for Christmas right after we got married. Shortly afterward, I didn't fit into the coat any longer.

Well, yesterday I tried it on. I was scared before I tried it, but it fit.

So I'm back to the size I was when we got married, at least.

lilybelle
02-13-2007, 04:57 PM
Great job everyone. I love reading these too.

My NSV: yesterday I was so totally stressed out. I have had SD here with 2 kids with her for a week now. I actually thought of getting in my car, going to pizza hut, ordering a large pepperoni pizza and eating as much as I could of it. I didn't do it. Instead I cooked a pot of beans. (SD hates beans, LOL) and was proud over my victory with stress.

jennylou
02-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Yesterday I went to my BFing group and one of the other moms asked if I had lost some weight - she said she could totally tell in my face (then she admitted that she was afraid to ask!).

Later, sil and I went shopping. I bought a size 16/18 skirt! Glory be, was I ever shocked. But, they were out of 20/22, so I decided to give it a try. It wasn't too tight and best of all it was clearanced for $7.99. It'll be perfect for our cruise next week, since it's velvet (formal night). I also bought two fancy tops (formal night again), one a size L (that's right, no X's anywhere on the tag!) and an XL - in the regular dept.

LisaMarie71
02-13-2007, 08:02 PM
Congratulations on the size NSV, jennylou -- those are SOOO nice!!

My NSV today is that everyone is starting to notice that I'm tall. I know that sounds kind of odd, because my height hasn't changed, but apparently my weight made me look shorter or something, because every day lately someone says "Hey...you're TALL." :lol: I'm not THAT tall, but I do like my height. Today someone said it in one of my classes, and I said "Why is everyone saying I'm tall lately? I was always tall!" One of my students said "They notice it now because you're getting so skinny." :woohoo:

Mrs Quadcrew
02-14-2007, 10:39 AM
This is an odd one ~ last night I was hungry (which since starting on this new plan, I have NOT been) I was having a hard time trying to figure out what was up. I went into my fitday and looked to see what I had eaten, and the protein was way low yesterday - so I went and got a 2 oz. piece of turkey breast and ate it. WAALAAA - that took care of it!!! I got up today and was so proud of myself for not raiding the kitchen and for stopping and THINKING about what was going on with me!! I think I finally GET IT!!

Lifeguard
02-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Good for you Mrs. Quadcrew!

LisaMarie - I totally understand what you mean with the height thing. I get the same thing. What I find interesting though is that I find that those who are shorter seem taller to me when they are heavy - maybe it's just that I'm less self-conscious around them when they're heavy? I've always felt insecure around small girls/women (even when I was a child 'cause I was always so much taller).

My NSV - I am going for my abdominal ultrasound & bloodwork today to see if I do indeed have PCOS. I am so nervous about the ultrasound - I hate people seeing my belly & if they can't get a clear view (which I fear is likely given my size) they may have to go, uh, inside. Wish me luck!

jennylou
02-14-2007, 01:11 PM
Lifeguard - I hate to break it to you, but you might not be having an abdominal u/s, rather, you'll likely have a transvaginal u/s - at least that was always my experience with u/s for pcos. :) So, they probably won't see your belly. ;)

LisaMarie - how tall are you?

My NSV yesterday - I was packing for our cruise and decided to try on a bunch of clothes. That way, I could put away some of the clothes that won't fit for a while longer, and see if anything fits that would be appropriate for the cruise. I fit into a pair of 18 capris that I haven't worn since summer 2002! I was so excited. :D

Lifeguard
02-14-2007, 01:23 PM
Thanks Jennylou - the doc ordered the abdominal & said they would decide after doing that if they need to do the other - I hope they don't!

rockinrobin
02-14-2007, 01:32 PM
Lifeguard I've had a transvaginal. I promise you it's not that bad, not at all painful. The technician was really good and I didn't feel the least bit uncomfortable with her.

jennylou
02-14-2007, 01:33 PM
Oh, for sure they don't hurt, they're just, um, awkward. ;)

rockinrobin
02-14-2007, 04:19 PM
It really shouldn't be too awkward if the technician is a true professional. Now granted I'd rather be washing the floor or doing laundry or grocery shopping or washing the dishes or cleaning the toilets...... yeah I think you all get my drift. ;) But it's a heck of a lot better then say a trip to the dentist.

My NSV, it's a biggie, one I know we've heard before around here. My Daughter got sent home early today (bad weather) and she is spending the weekend at a friends house and she wanted to bake cookies to bring along. So, we just made some oatmeal cookies. It was real hard to resist. Real, real, REAL hard. They are my favorite. I managed to escape eating 1/2 cookies worth of the raw dough (another weakness of mine) and 1/2 baked cookie. I put them in the freezer and I don't want to look at them. I'll be even happier when they're out of the house on Friday. But I'm confident I won't touch them, because they "belong" to my daughter. I'm just happy to have resisted as well as I did. I have had no problem resisting store bought stuff lately, but homemade is a whole other ball game. I'm quite pleased having just eaten the two 1/2s.

And then of course there's Valentine's Day. We gave each of our daughters a box of chocolates. So far, so good. Also trying to hold by they "belong" to my daughters. But of course they are always generous with their stuff, so I'm not home free yet. But I'm okay. Really. It's gonna be fine. Just fine. ;)

jennylou
02-14-2007, 04:23 PM
rockinrobin - WTG with the cookies and chocolate!

As for awkward, I'd rather go to the dentist. It hasn't been that the techs are ever unprofessional, it's just, like you said, I'd rather be scrubbing my toilets. :D

lilybelle
02-14-2007, 04:26 PM
You can do it Robin. I made valentines bags for both my kids and grandkids with plenty of candy. I didn't touch the candy. I'm like you though on the sweets, home-made is so 10x more tempting than store-bought junk.

rockinrobin
02-14-2007, 05:54 PM
I know we can do it Lilybelle. I couldn't always say that, but I think I can now. The funny thing is, is that last year I didn't even TRY to not eat the candy. I just would eat it without even thinking about it. I looked on the box of chocolates and it said 210 calories for 5 pieces. In the past I would have easily downed, I don't know 10, 15 pieces without batting any eyelash. Now the thought of eating 1 chocolate at 42 calories is unfathomable to me. It's bad enough I ate some raw dough and 1/2 cookie.

Also, I think a lot of people have a harder time with the homemade stuff. It's just soooo much better.

RememberHowToSmile
02-15-2007, 12:07 AM
I got new glasses at the beginning of the week so I was talking to one of my friends who moved out of town and she wanted me to take pictures to send to her. So I decided to try and figure out the self-timer on my digital camera (which I have had for like 3 years so I should have already known this.) Well I decided to take some progress pictures too. This is a big step I’ve barely taken any pictures since I started loosing weight and I’ve realized I should be keeping photo track of my progress. Then I took a couple of head shots for my friend. Well comparing these to my graduation photos where I was just under 300 pounds I look amazing. It made me feel really proud of myself. Also I was shocked to discover that in my pictures you can see my collar bones. I can't remember the last time you could see my collar bones.

Angihas2
02-15-2007, 12:26 AM
My NSV, both kids home today, sno day, and I still worked out, I just waited until they went to bed. Now, I'm starving and fitday says I'm a few calories shy, so I'm grabbing a few ounces of cheddar cheese. *mental note, pick up some sort of protien bar or meat for late work out nights* BUT I did it! In the past, after 8 pm, that's TV time!! Today, I knew I would have to work out late and didn't even flip through the tv guide to see what I would rather watch. YAY!

beautifulone
02-15-2007, 04:03 PM
Great NSVs! I too like homemade food soooo much more than storebought!

Lifeguard - I've had a transvaginal ultrasound. I was lucky, the technician who did mine was super nice! It did not hurt me, I guess you could say it was uncomfortable but seriously I thought it was fine. The tech left the room, and asked me to undress waist down, lay on this pillow type thing (to hoist my pelvis up I think), and cover myself with that large 'paper' sheet. Then she came back, put the probe in (lots of lubrication and they only insert the tip of the probe, not the whole thing), and once that was in she would move it around occassionally, but she was sitting beside me and focusing on the computer, not my vagina ;)

It's funny, I think I just really don't mind going for physicals and all of that - I cared with my first one but now I'm just like, whatever :lol: As long as I'm not in pain and the care provider is appropriate, it's all good :)

Chunky Teacher
02-15-2007, 08:32 PM
My NSV:

We had Valentines Parties at school today and I have the most awesome room parents. We had a Sundae party with ALLLLLL the fixins, donuts, cupcakes, cookies and punch. I had NOTHING! I have never done that before. One of my second graders did bring me a piece of Dove sugar free candy that I did eat. The rest of the kids that brought chocolate for me got a great big hug and a thank you and I told them how much I do LOVE chocolate and then I took it home to my hubby to eat. My DH got me a music download card instead of the usual treat too. He is really taking me seriously and is proud of my progress.

Lifeguard
02-15-2007, 09:01 PM
Thank you everyone so much for the support - it really is wonderful!

So, I went for the ultrasound & it was this older gentleman who was doing (remember at first it was just the abdominal unless the other was needed). So I was a little embarassed but he did the abdominal one & then he says ok I need to talk to someone but we may have to do the transvaginal ultrasound & now I'm kind of panicking a bit inside 'cause well, my DH is the only man who has seen me down there.

Fortunately, it was actually another technician, a woman who did it & it really wasn't too bad. I even got a real sheet to keep covered up with. Whew - what a relief to have it over with.

My other NSV for today is that I went into Herbal Magic today & restarted my program (I had put it on hold because of tight funds).

And I called back to follow up on the job interview I had last night as she had said she would call for a 2nd one by Monday. I was expecting rejection but she seemed delighted I had called & said they were just behind schedule - so I should get a 2nd interview soon.

shelby897
02-15-2007, 11:07 PM
This is probably a strange NSV but it's big for me --

Not only have I completed my first full day of logging in FitDay (I've done a couple of days but binged later in the day and never finished), but I had to make cupcakes for my son's VD party they are finally having tomorrow (two snow days here in NY). There was frosting left in the container when I was done and usually I would stick it in the fridge for the "kids" (yeah, right I always finish it), but decided none of us needed it and it went in the garbage.

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow.

rockinrobin
02-16-2007, 07:47 AM
Shelby - WTG!!! I understand this one 150%. The garbage can is our friend and a wonderful diet tool. Go figure. ;)

Lifeguard, I'm glad your ultrasound was not too awful. I'm sure you're glad it's over though. good luck on the 2nd interview, very exciting.

Chunkyteacher, unbelievable restraint you showed, really remarkable.

Remeberhowtosmile. Progress pics are great. I'm glad you were able to see and APPRECIATE the differences in yourself.

Angihas, great going on working out and your food choices.

Angihas2
02-16-2007, 08:55 AM
Today I didn't wake up sore. That's the first time since I started excersizing again. YAY!! I woke up feeling strong and healthy. I watched my kids chasing the dog in the snow this morning and before I realised it, I was out the chasing the kids chasing the dog. And I wasn't huffing and puffing for air.

*This was also my reason for staying on track today. I love how strong I feel, I love seeing the muscle emerging from the fat, the way I don't have to eat something artificially sweet for a boost of energy to get through the day, I keep enough food running through me every 3 hous, my energy doesn't have a chance to flag.

finn
02-16-2007, 09:27 AM
my NSV's - yesterday I bought new jeans and a new dress in a size smaller than what I had been wearing (I'm now UK size 14, US size 12) and both fit perfectly!! A big difference from the UK size 22 I used to wear!

NewDay4MeToo
02-16-2007, 01:27 PM
I confronted an evil bridesmaid dress from my past. It all started 2 1/2 years ago...

We bought these bridesmaid dresses from online. I knew they were somewhat cheaply made, but they were also, well, cheap, so it was ok. These were Juniors dresses, and I bought the largest they had, a 13/14.

Late the night before I tried it on. I had on all the waist cinching magic I owned, but that thing was tight. I ended up completely breaking the zipper, the night before the wedding.

I called my friend, another bridesmaid, first thing the next morning, in a panic. Luckily this friend's mom came to the rescue and sewed in a new industrial zipper for me, and I had it in time to get dressed with all the other bridesmaids.

So there I was, with my makeshift size 13/14 dress that I could almost squeeze myself into. It was in no way flattering. There was one size 7/8 girl, then the rest wore 5/6 or 3/4.

I really struggled that day, I just felt so big!

From that time on, I ignored my weight, and with a few downward months, I just kept growing from that point. for more than a year.

Today I went back to my closet and confronted that dress. I slipped it on, and it zipped right up, just like it was made to fit me. No fancy slimmers or anything! I am smaller than I was for my best friend's wedding, 2 1/2 years ago! Wahoo!

Lifeguard
02-16-2007, 02:29 PM
This morning on my way to work I dropped off an updated resume & nice letter to the woman I interviewed with last week (she had been forwarded my general resume by someone else which didn't include most of my aquatic background/quals). Then this morning my DH said he thought the letter sounded good (i had asked him last night) - when was I going to bring it over.

When I told him I had already done it he said "Wow - you're quite the go-getter right now. You know it's February right? Where is woman I know who is usually in bed crying at this point?"

This is so HUGE for me!!! Depression has totally defined my 20's & I am ecstatic that I may have actually found a way to manage it! Plus I called motherrisk this week & they looked up the studies & said that my med's do not put me at further risk of birth defects if I do get pregnant on them & that I can continue them right through pregnancy. It's a good day!

RememberHowToSmile
02-16-2007, 03:42 PM
I didn’t feel well today. Sore muscles, stomach pain, slight head congestion. The old me would have found this the perfect excuse not to exercise and just lay on my couch today. I was very tempted to pass up exercising. But then I decided I would feel guilty if I didn’t do anything so I thought well maybe I’ll do half of my run. Well I got on the treadmill and ended up working out harded then I have in the last few days. Although I still don’t feel well I am at least proud of myself.

Cheryl14
02-16-2007, 09:17 PM
Hi ALL!

Gotta tell ya...I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE reading all these NSVs!!!!:val1:

Thanks SOOO much, everyone, for sharing them!

Here's mine: I told you all about my leather jacket I got last week. Today, our eighteen-year-old son came down the stairs as I was zipping up my jacket. He said, "Whoa, Mom! Looking skin-nee!" (Now, at 203 lbs. I am FAR from skinny, but I truly appreciated him acknowledging that I DID look thinner than I used to look! :cool: )

Keep up the great work everyone!!!!:carrot:

Cheryl

lilybelle
02-16-2007, 10:04 PM
Cheryl, it does feel so good to get compliments especially from our sons. My son is 21 and when he compliments me it feels good for days. I am glad that he is so kind and can appreciate my efforts. He is thin, muscular and has never had to worry about what he eats. I don't consider myself "skinny" but I sure don't mind when someone else refers to me that way.

RHTS, WTG on the exercise. Hope you feel better soon.

Christine, WTG on winning over that bridesmaids dress.

Lifeguard, you are doing fantastic. Overcoming depression has been a challenge for me too. Getting healthier seems to help relieve the depression a lot.

finn, WTG on the jeans NSV. You are sure doing great.

My only NSV today is that I went grocery shopping while hungry and stuck to the proper food that was on my list and waited til I got home to cook and eat. Now truthfully I wanted to eat a banana on the way home but they were in the back seat of DH's jeep and I couldn't reach them. LOL. But I do consider it an NSV now that I'd rather have a banana than a candy bar.

GirlyGirlSebas
02-17-2007, 12:28 AM
This is so HUGE for me!!! Depression has totally defined my 20's & I am ecstatic that I may have actually found a way to manage it!!

Lifeguard, that is awesome! I've also suffered off and on with clinical depression since I was 28, so I understand how major this is for you!

LisaMarie71
02-17-2007, 09:47 PM
This thread is soooo nice! I love seeing how everyone's lives are changing in these great little ways! :)

My NSVs today are that I bought some size 16 pants from the REGULAR department, not the Women's (the ones there were too big - yay!) and I managed to run 3 miles in my group run even though I haven't been running lately because I was sick. Woohoo!

Cheryl14
02-17-2007, 11:24 PM
Great goin' everyone! I get very excited reading all of the ways that we can see ourselves in a positive light!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Today at the grocery store I had to go back to pick up tomatoes that I had forgotten to get my first time through the aisles. As I went back several aisles I passed a face that looked somewhat familiar. It was an old friend from before my weight loss that I had not seen in over seven years! She looked at me and said, "Cheryl!!! Is that YOU?!!!" I said, "Jenny?" We hugged, and she just kept looking at me and saying, "Cheryl!" I asked her how the family was doing and we had a great time catching up on things. She wanted to know all about how I had lost the weight and kept saying, "Cheryl!"

Later when I found my husband over in the ice cream aisle, he said that he had seen Jenny and her husband, Steve, and Jenny kept saying how THIN I was and how GREAT I looked.

This was a very different experience than I have ever had in my life! I've never lost this much weight before, and I guess I have to learn how to handle it when I meet up with people who haven't seen me in awhile!

Anyway, I have felt good all day about Jenny's comments and particularly good that my husband mentioned her comments to HIM...to ME.

Cheryl

boaterswife
02-18-2007, 12:07 AM
OK, first day back after all the tramas of having the flu for three days, and you guys have me almost in tears! Way to go on all the NSV's!!!!!

boaterswife
02-19-2007, 12:07 AM
OK, 3 minutes short of 24 hours since I last posted and I'm still the most recent post....that's a long stretch for this thread!

Here's my NSV from this evening: DS and I went out to dinner with my mom tonight. He and I sat side by side at dinner, with mom across the table from us. After we dropped her off at home and DS and I were driving home, he turned and looked at me and said, "Hey Mom, I just had to tell you, while we were sitting next to each other at dinner I looked over at you, and you're like less than half the size you used to be!" Geez, I love that kid!

Angihas2
02-19-2007, 12:34 AM
awwwwwwwwww boaterswife, thats fantastic! Got to love things out of the mouths of babes.

My NSV for the weekend. I woke up, weighed blah blah. Anyway, was speaking with Matt, legs thrown across his as we watched TV. He was just rubbing my legs, "Hey you know, I think your calves are getting smaller, OMG everything from mid-calve to your foot is so much smaller!" How great a feeling that was, not only have my scale and I called a truce, for the day, but it's SHOWING elsewhere! I can get my hands around my own ankles, completely and have serious overlap!

rockinrobin
02-19-2007, 01:45 AM
Oh Angihas how I envy your NSV. My calves are the ONLY place where I haven't lost yet. (as she makes a very sad face)

Very sweet boaterswife and oh so wonderful.

Tonight I had my parents and sister over for dinner. I made a completely healthy and delicious meal. In the past I normally just made a completely UNhealthy and delicious meal. It was really nice. It was the first time they were over for dinner since I started this back in September. I got to show them how I ate and they just loved it. We talked about nutrition and healthy eating for a large portion of the evening. They asked me about my fitness regimen. I sent them home with some healthy leftovers. They couldn't stop asking me questions and wanting tips and everything. They were so very proud of me. I hadn't seen them since Thanksgiving, almost 40 lbs ago. They were shocked when they first saw me. And so very happy for me. My mother started crying. My father gave me the 1/2 the person comment and told me I looked 20 years younger. I feel like I really pleased them tonight.

WindyCityChick
02-19-2007, 01:50 AM
Robin, what a great NSV for you. I know that there is no one happier for your success than your family - they are the folks who love you no matter what, but they do want the best for you, so they must be thrilled with the opportunity to see how you have changed your life. And no matter how old we get, there's still something about pleasing our parents that continues to be important. Congrats! (and congrats to all the other NSV'ers - this is truly one of my favorite threads to read, it's always sooooo inspirational)

Mrs Quadcrew
02-19-2007, 09:08 AM
Robin - that is wonderful that your family is so supportive of you ~ I know how much that means to a lof of us. (and even the kids comments help keep us moving the right direction - bless their hearts!!)

Angi - smaller calves and ankles....KEWL!! That was one of the first places I noticed an improvement - my SOCKS fit better!!:D

My NSV was hauling some jeans out of the closet - I got them for a birthday gift, not LAST year, but the year before:o - They are 2 sizes smaller than the ones I started this journed wearing.....and they ALL FIT!!!! I was sooo tickled....the last time I tried them on, I coudn't get them over my thighs! I still have a lONG way to go - but having brand new clothes that FIT the new and improved me sure makes life nice right now!:D

lilybelle
02-19-2007, 01:02 PM
WTG everyone on the great NSV's.

Yesterday it was nice outside and me and my DD went to the park with our puppy and walked about 2 miles on the walking track. Then, last night I was watching the show "I eat 33,000 calories a day" and it gave me the inspiration to get on the treadmill and do another mile.

It is 60 degrees today and school is out for President's day. So we are now heading back to the park to walk again.

Lifeguard
02-19-2007, 04:38 PM
I just got off the phone with the doctor's office - my cholesterol & blood sugar levels have improved since she tested them last year!!! Woohoo!!! She said that was great because they can be hard to change. Don't know yet about the pcos as I have to wait for the ob/gyn appointment to get that info.

Also Saturday is DH's day to experiment with cooking. He loves to cook & I find it all to be too much so we try to limit his experiments to one day & he will often cook for a whole group of our friends then anyway. So he asked what I felt like & I said a great big, GOOD salad & that's what he centered the meal around. Hmmm - me craving salad, who'd have thunk?

Vamp
02-19-2007, 05:30 PM
Hello everyone!

I'm still new but wanted to post my NSV for the weekend. :)

I went to Catherine's Saturday and did some clothes shopping.. My parents have been proud of my whole health makeover I'm currently doing (ie. quitting smoking <tomorrow will be a month!> and getting healthier and active) and they decided since I'd shrunk in pants size that they wanted to buy me a pair of pants!

I got to the store and started looking at shirts.. I'm tall and with the um.. hangingish belly I absolutely HAVE to have shirts long enough to cover.. Good luck at that most of the time, not all big people are short! Anyways my step-mom talked me into instead of picking up the biggest size of everything like I always do (30-32's & 5x's) to try some 26/28's and 4x's.. I rolled my eyes (:dizzy: ) but agreed... and everything fit! I was in shock! I know I've only been doing this for a couple of weeks and admittedly I've been wearing all of my clothes a little roomy but I didn't think I'd even get close to fitting those clothes.. It was nice to be proved wrong and I'm feeling even more motivated. I look forward to not being able to wear the clothes I just bought soon.. hee hee :D

LisaMarie71
02-19-2007, 07:52 PM
Great job, everyone!

Welcome, Vamp! That's a great NSV! I hear you on the stomach thing, because I've always had a problem finding shirts long enough (you and I are the same height, it looks like). I always picked up the biggest shirts I could find, and even after losing 71 pounds it's hard to break that habit! I've always been bigger on the top and in the middle than in the hips and thighs. I love your NSV, though, because you got to have that great feeling of surprise when a smaller size fits! Wonderful!!

Robin, I love your NSV about your family. Also, I just noticed that you're in the 180s now. Wow!!! Just think: you were in the 280s when you started this, and now you're in the 180s. You are AMAZING, do you know that? :hug:

I got some compliments today, but my big NSV is that I had a long conversation with someone about running and it actually felt like I was a real runner. I loved it! Also, I hadn't done the elliptical in a few weeks, but I got on it and did 55 minutes even though I only planned to do about 40. Woohoo!

boaterswife
02-20-2007, 12:53 AM
Again, fabulous NSV's! I get goosebumps when I read them, and that tingly-feel-good-all-over feeling....you guys rock!

Today I went to buy my new motivational jeans in a size 10. I tried them on first, and I got them on! Pulled up, buttoned and zipped with no jumping around in the fitting room! So, I put the jeans back. I'm going to think about it for a few days, and maybe buy the 8's for motivation instead!

lilybelle
02-20-2007, 03:00 AM
Great NSV's ladies. I did both the treadmill and elliptical tonite even after walking 2 miles around the lake today.

boaterswife
02-20-2007, 11:17 AM
Wow, lilybelle, that's awesome!

Charbar
02-20-2007, 01:49 PM
This is an odd nsv. My son has been sick. I was up till 3:30 am with him last night. Took him to the doctor this morning and my little guy has a double ear infection. (his first ear infection!) I was giving myself an excuse that I will eat something on the way to the doctor. I stopped off at McDonalds :devil: on the way home for Sara (dd).. I was ready to get something for myself. But NO.. I waited till I got we got home to have a bowl of cereal. Yeah!
(I did have, however, a bite of a chicken nugget :T - but I recorded it on fitday :D )

Dana

boaterswife
02-20-2007, 04:17 PM
Dana, way to go with the willpower! Just for future reference I wanted to let you know that I stopped at McD's the other day because my own DD wanted it for breakfast and since we do it so rarely anymore, I decided to go ahead and take her. At our local location, they have a new fruit snack thing (can't remember the actual name) that had sliced apples and grapes in one compartment, a small compartment of walnuts, and a small compartment of a fruit dip. The whole thing was only 210 calories, and there was alot there! I ended up only eating the fruit and leaving the dip and nuts as I wasn't that hungry, but at least you know there is a truly healthy choice available!

RitzyFritz
02-20-2007, 04:25 PM
These are all awesome!

My NSV seems silly, but my underpants are getting baggy! Now that may seem small to you, but that was really thrilling to me because I carry most of my weight in my stomach and rear end. So for them to sag in front and back was a real thing to smile over for me! ;) Makes me stay committed to doing the treadmill even though the scale showed me up 1 lb this week! :?:

On to more victories.........:carrot:

rockinrobin
02-20-2007, 07:58 PM
On to more victories.........:carrot:

Yes Ritzyfritz - onto more victories. That sound really, really good. We should just all be victorious. And I don't think anyone here would think baggy underwear is silly. Not even a little bit.

I had a strange NSV as well.

How to put this, all right we always say this is no place to be humble. Well today I felt down right dare I say attractive and sexy. I made a husband blush today in front of his wife. I was at a distributor today, a husband and wife who I deal with from time to time. I saw them last in October. The weather finally warmed up a bit and I was wearing my brand spanking new black suede fitted (but not for long) jacket that I got on sale for 30 bucks over a fitted black t-shirt. With my newly altered fitted long denim mermaid type skirt. and my brand new lipstick and earrings. Had done my hair earlier with the flat iron. Anyway, I'm dealing with the wife, who right away when I walked in commented on my weightloss. Then as we're almost done in walks her husband. He says to me as he's kind of stumbling for words, "Ummm, is there something different about you?" He didn't want to say did I lose weight, he was being polite. He told me I looked really good and he starts turning all red. His wife is practically cracking up. We both back him up and say "Yes, I've lost some weight." He says you must get this a lot now. I said yeah, kind of. He says how do men usually handle it. I said all different. It was kinda sweet and funny.

For the record I was feeling really great before I walked into their office, but as I left I was truly beaming. This is such a new thing for me. I have not felt this good and attractive and feminine since my twenties (I'm 43) It's about time. I think I am going to love the rest of my forties. This is so much fun I can't begin to tell you. I am loving every minute of the new me.

Thanks for listening ladies (as she wipes away the tears). Here's to more victories for each and every one of us. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: (Those are non-caloric drinks by the way ;) )

RitzyFritz
02-20-2007, 08:14 PM
Aw, that's neat, Robin! I'm barely in my 30s and I cannot remember the last time I felt attractive or feminine either! Sad, isn't it? But....I'm ON MY WAY!! I'm so happy for you! Enjoy every minute! You deserve it!

LisaMarie71
02-20-2007, 08:57 PM
What a great NSV, Robin!!

I had one today at the gym... a great compliment from a lady who works at the counter (I've never talked to her before but she knows who I am and she knows my husband -- we both teach at the only high school in a small town). Anyway, she said something like "I've been watching you and your husband come in here for a while now and you just keep getting smaller and smaller. You're really getting tiny!!" I said, "Well, I'm certainly not tiny, but thank you anyway!" It's so funny when people use "tiny" and "small" and "skinny." :lol: A student told me I'm getting small today too. I will never be small! I told her I'm not necessarily going for "small," just going for the healthiest I can be.

TempleBody
02-20-2007, 09:24 PM
My nsv today was that I said no to "seconds" AND chocolate cupcakes (loaded with icing). I'm very proud!!

Angihas2
02-20-2007, 10:30 PM
Congrats on all the wonderful NSV's!!! It's so nice when people notice isn't it?

Temple-great job on turning down the sugar loaded food!!

boaterswife
02-20-2007, 11:58 PM
Ritzy, way to go on the baggy undies! I know it sounds crazy, but you'll have to buy several new pair to find some that fit! I bought 3 different styles/sizes over the last couple weeks trying to find some that weren't baggy!

Woo hoo, Robin! I bet you were truly beaming! How exciting, and those things do carry you for the rest of the day, sometimes several days! Keep it up!

Lisa, congrats! It feels so good when people notice. I'm with you, I haven't learned how to handle the "tiny" remarks yet.....my brain hasn't caught up with my body, and my body isn't there yet either!

Temple, my you have some willpower! Good for you! That is absolutely the way to get to goal....keep going!

Today I asked my 14 year old DD if a pair of pants looked ok for me to go out in, or if they looked too snug (they felt ok, but I still felt better asking her). She replied that they looked great, and that they made me look like a TWIG! I said thanks for the compliment, but that I'm a good ways away from twig status. She told me then that I apparently am having trouble looking in the mirror, and that I must not see the changes because they're on my own body, but that I most certainly look like a TWIG! OK, so now I've spent the rest of the day checking out my own butt in the mirror at any given chance....I must be sick!

lilybelle
02-21-2007, 01:51 AM
Ritzy, Kelly is totally right. Everytime I buy undies I get the wrong size. Usually I buy them in packs of 6 and after trying a pair or two of them, end up giving them to my DD.

Robin, WTG , I'm 46 and I love the compliments too. I haven't felt this sexy and attractive either in many, many, years.

Tonite while watching TV, I went and sat in DH's lap. He said "OMG, your butt is so bony". LOL. That's OK, I remember when we couldn't both have fit in the same chair. He also said "you're light as a feather". Trying to butter me up I guess. LOL.

RitzyFritz
02-21-2007, 07:26 AM
Thanks, Kelly and Lilybelle! I was a little embarrassed posting that, but I can see it must be a common problem! LOL!!

Way to go everyone! My...this place is SO motivational!

Edited to add: This morning DH and I were lying in bed talking, and when he put his hand on my stomach he said, "It's getting skinnier, baby!" Love my hubby!! :hug:

Mrs Quadcrew
02-21-2007, 09:25 AM
Reading all of these sure puts a BIG smile on my face - It is so cool to get on here and see how even the small things add up to make a HUGE difference in our lives!! Thanks everyone for sharing!!

SexyRevealed
02-21-2007, 01:14 PM
Robin, that is so cute!

Kelly, go ahead you TWIG you!

All of these stories are SO MOTIVATING!!! I love it.

I have a couple of small NSV's. A couple of people have asked me if I lost weight (and it's only been 10 lbs), so that always make me smile.

And I lost an INCH in my waist and 3/4 INCH in my hips!!! Even though the scale didn't budge for a while, I lost something! WHOOOHOO!

SuchAPrettyFace
02-21-2007, 01:14 PM
Girls Nite Out tonight, I looked up the menu online so I could make a healthy choice.

I really REALLY want a bellini, but I had Tylenol today & don't want to mix alcohol with that. So that works out.

Angihas2
02-21-2007, 03:14 PM
I don't think it's silly to post the undies as a NSV. I find it to be true for me too. I normally wear boy cut panties, and lately, as I'm losing and my body is changing it's shape, those pairs that were way to big a month ago, suddenly fit again in the belly, not because I've gained weight, but because how I carry my weight has changed. I use to have this really horrid roll from the back, come around into my hips. The lower back fat is so much smaller, the panties were falling off my butt, but now that everything else is getting smaller, I think the muscle under the fat on my lower belly is pushing it out farther than it would if I was still more symetrical, if that makes sense? So, they fit on the belly again, but I find they slide aorund on my butt and hips to much, so I finally tossed them.

My NSV, when I wake up in the morning, I feel my belly, I got into that habit when I was pregnant. :D But, the last few mornings, I've REALLY noticed how much SMALLER it is, even when I'm laying on my side. We all know how fat just slides on down to the mattress, making one side look kind of hot and bony, but the side touching the mattress is a glob of goo. I've got a LOT less goo sliding around, and even the goo thats all mushed up on the mattress is SO much smaller. I was also looking at pictures from my last year, normally, I'm the camera man in our house, so there's not a bunch of pics of me in natural poses, and the ones from when my son was born, when I went from a normal weight of 255, to 269/270 when not pregnant, my boob is showing, but WOW, there truly is a huge difference between last Feb and this Feb. I was also looking for the before/after for my upcoming 50 pound lost mini goal post. It's coming soon, I know it is!

GirlyGirlSebas
02-21-2007, 05:57 PM
We all know how fat just slides on down to the mattress, making one side look kind of hot and bony, but the side touching the mattress is a glob of goo.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh my! I have to catch my breath from laughing! And, you just know that if you cover that glob up with the sheet, you look just like a centerfold!

royalsfan1
02-21-2007, 06:00 PM
Today marks 30 days of sticking to a diet and 30 consecutive days of exercise! Go me!:carrot:

royalsfan1
02-21-2007, 06:01 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh my! I have to catch my breath from laughing! And, you just know that if you cover that glob up with the sheet, you look just like a centerfold!

haha I prefer to hug a pillow! That way DH can't tell where I end and the pillow begins!

beautifulone
02-21-2007, 09:59 PM
These are all so great :yes: thanks for sharing and congrats!

My NSV is that I am opting for healthy food again. Whew! I feel relieved and I feel much better physically :)

Angihas2
02-21-2007, 10:59 PM
SO, I tried on a pair of shorts, I've owned since I was 25<6 almost 7 yrs ago>, never could wear them comfortable, I mean getting them on required some serious effort. They arent fancy. Just My Size, from Wal-Mart, swim bottoms, they say size 18/20 but I held them up against my size 20 from CATO's and there's 2 inches of extra material on each side of the CATO jean shorts, so I think either it's sized wrong, or something. Anyway, I got them on, easily, and had a gathering of extra fabric between the bottom of the waistband and where it started on the legs. Also extra room in the back. I wore those shorts ALL DAMNED DAY.

shelby897
02-21-2007, 11:27 PM
angihas2 -- those shorts must have had you smiling all day -- I swear it's really the visuals that do it for me -- I know I feel better, but when clothes fit better or I can see the areas the weight is gone, that just tickles me!! :D

Okay, this is going to make my husband sound mean, but really he's not -- I just have to put this down to make me feel better -- whenever my husband would make a derogatory comment about my weight in the past, I would hit the cabinets and chow down after he went to bed, to "comfort" myself. So, tonight he mentioned something that did not go over well, I blew it off and I'm now working (when I'm not on here :) ), haven't even had an urge to binge!!!

NESunshine
02-22-2007, 10:50 AM
Ha.... I've got one!!
Ok so for the past couple of years I haven't left the house without some sort of tank top like shirt to 'suck in' and 'smooth out' my fat under my clothes....not once... even in the summers. Starting yesterday I've retired all of my 'fat stuffing tops'.... it feels kinda strange but really good to just wear a normal outfit...top, bra, pants etc. without having this extra binding material trying to hide everything under it!

royalsfan1
02-22-2007, 10:54 AM
My first NSV!

This is going to sound really wierd...but anyway....I sat down this morning to watch a bit of news and looked down at my body. I noticed that my chest was not resting on a roll....but that there was actually a defined place where my chest ended.

Lifeguard
02-22-2007, 01:17 PM
Wow - Sunshine you must feel so free! Good for you!

Mine is that although I lost no weight this week (my first week back at Herbal Magic) I did lose 5 inches!!! 1 from my waist & hips even (that's my largest area).

boaterswife
02-22-2007, 05:18 PM
Woo Hoo, reality check here!

I was just walking down the hall here at school, and my jeans were making that "swish-swish" noise when I walk. I HATE that noise, it has always symbolized thighs that were too fat. Well, no one was around so I thought I would investigate a bit. Turns out, the swish noise was from where the jeans bunch up a little bit by my ankles, and......drumroll please.....my thighs don't even touch each other when I walk!!!!! OK, so now I needed to investigate further. I went into the girls bathroom rather than the teachers bathroom, because the girls room is much larger and has a full length mirror. I backed as far away from the mirror as I could and then started walking towards it the way I normally walk, and guess what? They don't touch AT ALL!!! You can see daylight!!! YIPPEE!!!

SexyRevealed
02-22-2007, 09:09 PM
Kelly - Congrats on your thighs!!!

I just had an NSV. We're ordering out tonight from Applebee's. Now, I love their bacon cheeseburger, but I don't even want to guess how many calories are in that thing. So I made the right choice and ordered from the WW menu. That NEVER happens for me! I used to look at eating out as an excuse to eat what I want. Not this time. I ordered the Teriyaki Steak and Shrimp Skewers - 370 calories!

LisaMarie71
02-22-2007, 09:37 PM
Kelly, what a wonderful NSV!! My thighs have been touching for ages. I imagine they'll miss each other if I ever get them to separate. :lol:

Tiffany, great job on making a healthier choice at Applebee's!!

I had lots of compliments from students today for some reason, and it felt really good. Also, I did speed intervals on the treadmill and ran for 37 minutes straight, which was great for me because I'd rather run outside.

lilybelle
02-23-2007, 08:02 AM
Today was a great day for me with NSV's today.

I had to take my SD to the ER in the small town that I grew up in. So, I know a lot of the nurses there. One saw me and said "I didn't recognize you, you have lost a LOT of weight".

Another one said "OMG, LILY you look great, how did you lose all that weight?"

Then we stopped at the grocery store and a lady I hadn't seen since high school (27 yrs. ago) saw me and said "Lily, you look just like you did in high school, you were always so slender and so pretty". She never knew I had gotten so big and I didn't mention it. LOL.

Next we went to the pharmacy and the pharmacy lady said "Lily are you done losing weight, you're skinny as a rail".

I was just floating on air today after all the great compliments. We went out to lunch after finishing all these little chores and I ordered a ham sandwich on wheat bread with mustard. I didn't eat but half my sandwich and took the other half home and gave it to my DD. It just felt like everyone was so complimentary today that I was uplifted and didn't want to ruin the good feeling by eating more than I was actually hungry for. (I am the clean-your-plate President) so this is a biggie for me.

rockinrobin
02-23-2007, 08:27 AM
Great NSV's everyone!!!!

Lily you must be floating on air. How cool.

I just have one question for you Kelly, you mean our thighs are not SUPPOSED to touch? Uh oh, I think I am in trouble. This is one NSV I can assure you I will NEVER, EVER have. Oh well. I am very happy for you Kelly. You go girl and enjoy your separated thighs. Mine on the other hand are siamese twins and the only way to separate them would be with surgery. Not happening.

RitzyFritz
02-23-2007, 09:24 AM
How cool is that, Lily?? I know you must have been elated for sure!

Robin, you are so hilarious! Your sense of humor has probably played a role in your weight loss! You are too funny! LOL!!

boaterswife
02-23-2007, 11:27 AM
Tiffany, good for you for ordering off the WW menu....I love it! I suggest Applebees whenever DH doesn't know where to go for dinner. I can order without putting a whole lot of thought into the process, and know that I'll be having something good for me. Makes eating out easy!

Lisa, I am so impressed by your running. That is one thing that I've not attempted yet, but I have been contemplating the C25K program as soon as it warms up a bit and I know I'll be ready to be exercising outside every day.

Lily, OMG, you had a red letter day! I bet you were floating from all the complements. And good for you for using those as motivation to not clean your plate even though you could have! Taking 1/2 of that sandwich home is a true feeling of empowerment! Go you!

Robin, the thigh thing is shocking, isn't it? I do believe that even in high school, when I wore a size 5 (probably a size 1 by today's measurements) my thighs even touched then. I think when I get home from work I need to build a shrine around my elliptical, that has to be the reason there's daylight showing through!

Keep up the great work, ladies! And have a fabulous, NSV filled day!

shelby897
02-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Lily -- was that like one of your best weight loss days ever??! :) Congratulations.

Mrs Quadcrew
02-23-2007, 12:10 PM
GREAT NSV's everyone!! The restaurants are a big deal to me - keeping on plan at them is a challenge!

Robin - I am right there with you on the thighs. My kids have always made fun of me becasue they are stuck togther like glue all the way to my KNEES, then you can see space through them.:rolleyes:

My NSV for today is that I am a baker - and I have 3 HUGE cakes for this weekend (2 - tiered 12", 10" and 8") one "book" cake and another 8" layer cake. So there are 8 -2 layer cakes in my kitchen right now, and I did not lick ONE finger of batter. My hands are sore from all the hand washing however.:(

RitzyFritz
02-23-2007, 02:06 PM
My NSV for today is that I am a baker - and I have 3 HUGE cakes for this weekend (2 - tiered 12", 10" and 8") one "book" cake and another 8" layer cake. So there are 8 -2 layer cakes in my kitchen right now, and I did not lick ONE finger of batter. My hands are sore from all the hand washing however.:(

Mrs. Quadcrew: I'm a cake decorator too and I can SOOOOO relate to this and I KNOW how big of a deal that would be for me, so I say way to go!!!:hug:

My NSV today is that I just put on a skirt that just two weeks ago was snug in the hips and thighs to the point of making me self conscious in it, and when I sat down it really made me feel stuffed in it. Well, right now I am sitting here typing and just barely even feeling it, and when I am standing there is NO feeling of snug! In fact, it has plenty moving room!!! Happy dance, happy dance!!!! :carrot:

crazynette826
02-24-2007, 03:08 AM
My NSV for the day is that even though I'm sick, I have still written down everything I've eaten and stayed within my daily points. I thought about taking a few days off from tracking points, but decided that it was too important. Even if I went over my points I didn't want to get out of the habit of writing them down. And so far I haven't gone over!

royalsfan1
02-24-2007, 10:02 AM
I had a bunch of my friends over last night for a jewelry party. I served coffee, tea, cocoa, and homemade chocolate chip cookies. I made it through the entire party (and cleanup afterwards!) and only sipped on water. I spent my time enjoying the fellowship of the women I love and admire rather than hovering over the snacks. It was not only extremely fun....it gave me a great sense of accomplishment.

boaterswife
02-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Willpower, that's what it's all about! You ladies amaze me every day when I read this thread!

Last night was my niece's family birthday party. As you all know, family gatherings tend to be horrendous as far as how good the food is for you. They served sub sandwiches, pasta salad, green salad and a ton of dips/chips/etc. I planned ahead and ate a bowl of steamed veggies at home before I went, then had a small piece of the sandwich and a small bowl of salad there. Did not touch one chip or taste one dip! When time for the ice cream birthday cake rolled around, I wasn't even going to go into the kitchen, as that icing is the devil in disguise and calls out to me personally, but my BIL called me in there. When I rounded the corner he wrapped his arms around me (we're the best of friends) and said "here, I've got something for you" and he handed me a WW ice cream sandwich! I had my dessert along with everyone else, and stayed within my points range. I felt like the whole evening was a major accomplishment!

lilybelle
02-24-2007, 01:11 PM
Kelly, that was so sweet of your BIL to think of you.

These are all great NSV's.
Yesterday I went out and helped my DH unload 2 more ricks of firewood. I noticed he was picking up the logs and throwing them (will have to be restacked later). So, I started picking it up and throwing them. This is major for me as a while back I couldn't even have lifted it, let alone thrown it.

I bought popcorn at my SD's BB game last night (I hadn't eaten any dinner) so instead of eating it all, I ate half the box and threw the rest in the trash.

Mrs. Quadcrew, Cake is a definite weakness for me. Great job in staying out of the batter.

LisaMarie71
02-24-2007, 05:32 PM
Once again...fabulous NSVs, everyone! So inspiring!

Last night in bodysculpting class, the instructor said I have strong legs! Woohoo! She said I had a pretty strong upper body a few weeks back, so as you can imagine...I love her! :lol: After class, I thanked her for saying it and told her that little things like that mean a lot to someone who's new to the whole fitness thing. I explained to her that I've lost 72 pounds, and she said she lost 60! You really never know who's been on this journey in the past.

Anyway, I was pleased with her comment -- when I thanked her, she said "Well, you run, so your legs are strong." Like it was obvious or something. When you get comments like that, it makes it impossible to quit, doesn't it? :)

lilybelle
02-24-2007, 05:36 PM
Lisa, great NSV. I find the more positive comments that I receive, the better I feel about this journey and maintaining my weight. It just makes it so totally worthwhile.

Mrs Quadcrew
02-24-2007, 08:16 PM
Great NSV's ladies.....keep them coming!!!

OK - great day here!! We delivered the two huge cakes to my Gramma's 90th birthday party this afternoon. It was a covered dish potluck from 12 -2 for family then an open house from 2-4 for everyone else. (a cake for each) My family members are ALL wonderful cooks. I walked right past all the junk, and ate steamed shrimp, a small piece of roast pork, fruit salad, and one pickled egg (minus the yolk!) NO CAKE, NO DESSERTS - and the best part of it all~~~~I didn't feel deprived!!! I was OK with it. It was sooo very cool to be in control and NOT feel bad about my choices!! I think I finally GOT IT!!:D

( and not one, not two, but THREE folks told me I looked like I had lost some weight!!!) It's finally showing - at least to those who don't see me very often!

RememberHowToSmile
02-24-2007, 10:36 PM
I don't know if I've said this lately but I love this thread. I look forward to reading it every day. Keep up the good work everyone!

My NSV, I haven't went to buy any clothing since about November and I knew my size was smaller because I could take my size 20 jeans off without unbuttoning them. I went looking for a new suit, I need it for school, so I went to Lane Bryant today. The first suit I tried on was a 20 and then an 18 and finally a 16 fit. I wear a 16 (yes I realize it's a lane bryant 16 which is larger however still a 16!). I ended up not getting one yet because I couldn't find a matching top and bottom that were my size. But I was so excited. I then went to JC Penny to try some on there. They didn't have plus size suits however I could fit into the 18 normal size. :carrot:

Lifeguard
02-24-2007, 10:46 PM
I went yesterday & got a very expensive haircut & highlights. I don't often take care of myself that way & I am really happy with the results.

shelby897
02-24-2007, 10:53 PM
Lifeguard -- amazing how taking care of yourself makes you feel so great -- why don't we do it more often?

Has anyone noticed how parties are now for the socializing and not for the eating? It's kind of odd, in a good way how the focus shifts. I used to spend just as much time snacking at a party as visiting with people, but it's like now the food platters are more for decorative purposes for me and I don't seem to browse over them like I used too, unless it's looking for something I can have within my plan.

lilybelle
02-24-2007, 11:56 PM
Mrs. Quadcrew, WTG on the awesome job with the food choices and especially on feeling good about it and not feeling deprived.

RHTS, WTG on the 16's fitting, that must have felt great.

Lifeguard, WTG on the haircut and hi-lites, I am planning to go have mine cut and hi-lighted on Monday.

My NSV tonite. I hate to brag, but my DD gave me a pair of her American Eagle coudoroy jeans tonite. They are the smallest size that I ever remember wearing in my life. Now I know that AE sizes run big, but it still feels so good. I want pic's in these new jeans and a pic of the tag. LOL. Better yet, I'd like to tear the tag out and sew it on the butt of them for everyone to see. LOL.

SwimGirl
02-25-2007, 12:04 AM
lilybelle & Lifeguard - I am also going to get my hair cut! I've FINALLY decided on a cut, but not entirely sure about colour. I love the colour of my hair, so we'll see if I actually colour it.

I saw this girl I haven't seen since the summer and she made a comment like "where have you gone" refering to the fact that I've lost some weight. It was kinda nice to hear people noticing. Also I went to this party last weekend and the host did a double take and immediately noticed the weight loss.

-Aimee

rockinrobin
02-25-2007, 11:08 AM
ENORMOUS NSV'S - enormous. Haircuts, and better choices and size 2's and compliments and lifting and tossing and highlights and socializing and - oh my. What a great thread!!!! I wonder who came up with the term NSV. Interesting, no?

I had 2 compliments yesteday, big ones. Two people, that's 2, count em, one, two called me skinny.

One of my friends who I saw about 6 weeks ago walked into my house and said "Hi skinny". So naturally I turned around to see who she was talking to and there was no one behind me, so I guess she was talking to me!!!! So then she says to me "Yeah, I'm talking to you". And I'm like "I'm not skinny" and she said "You mean you don't think that you're skinny" and whatever we're back and forth, you get the picture. The funny thing is, is that she just lost a lot of weight, unfortunately because she hasn't been feeling well, and now for the first time she really IS quite skinny. I'm telling you people have no idea how much I weigh. It's really strange. I keep my heavy calves well hidden under my long denim skirts. I can't wait to wear jeans again. I'm rambling for a change. Okay. Enough.

Have a good day ladies. More NSV's, more, more, more I say!!!!!

boaterswife
02-25-2007, 01:37 PM
And I'm like "I'm not skinny" and she said "You mean you don't think that you're skinny"

Robin, Fabulous NSV's! I think this line from your post sums it up for so many of us. My DD keeps saying things to me, and a couple others as well, and I think this tells it like it is.....we are not yet able to see ourselves the way others do. I think it will be so liberating when I DO see myself the way others do!

Last night DH and I ended up the only ones home....our kids have better social lives than we do at the moment! :) I was trying to figure out what to cook for dinner and neither of us could come up with anything that sounded good, so he said forget it, let's just go out. Fine with me! Anyway, long story short we were in the car heading for the restaurant and were talking about this team challenge weight loss/fitness thing they have going at his work, and I said I really wished I could be on his team but it's only for the employees. He responded to me by saying "Why? You've already lost ALL your weight, so only the workout times would be counted." I replied that I'm not finished yet, and to that he said "how much more are you planning to lose? Much more and you'll get sick, you don't want to be too thin." I told him about another 40 pounds and he was in shock! What an eye opening conversation this was for me! First, he obviously has no idea what I weighed before, or what I weigh now. Second, I'm looking in the mirror at this pudge here, that roll there, while he's looking at me thinking I've lost enough. God I love that guy!:hug:

lilybelle
02-25-2007, 03:42 PM
Robin, that is fantastic. Doesn't it feel great to hear that "skinny" word. I think we are too hard on ourselves and most of the time others see us as we truly look instead of how we see ourself.

Kelly that is so awesome. Don't you love to hear "you're small enough now". I remember feeling so great once I got to about 175 and was in 12's. I actually thought, yes I still have more to lose, but I'm so happy with where I'm at. Everyone was noticing and telling me I looked great. My DH did the same thing as yours, he thought I was done losing weight when I still had 30-40 more lbs. to lose. But, it sure made me feel good.

My NSV, this morning I made whole wheat pancakes and mine were bigger than I had planned. I cut off a portion of mine and offered it to my DD. She was full and didn't want it. I ate mine and left that extra portion on the plate. Thanks to Robin, I'm trying something new. I'm trying to learn to leave even a few bites on my plate instead of licking the plate clean.

kaepepper
02-25-2007, 08:20 PM
Everybody's NSVs are so encouraging!!!
Mine for today seems small, but it's something. At a hockey game today my friend got ice cream because she was in the mood for it. I took the time to determine if I was hungry for it and found that I wasn't, so I declined.

rockinrobin
02-25-2007, 10:08 PM
All right Lily, that's it. I'm gonna give it a try as well. Tonight's dinner was so good, I did it again. I was full and continued to eat. It was just a few bites, but nevertheless ........ I finished every last bite. But that's it. It's done. Over with, finished. I'm gonna really attempt to leave a couple of bites over. Unless I've had a really low calorie day. Which was not the case today. I totaled out at about 1300. And tomorrow is weigh-in day and I'm looking to hit the 100 lb lost mark. Why oh why did I have those last few bites????????????

And back to the skinny thing for a sec. It really is something. We were talking about this on another thread. That the average American woman is a size 14. Well I just started wearing 12's. Still amazes me, but whatever. I think my exercise really has something to do with it, considering I weight 180 something pounds. When I think of skinny, I think of Giselle Bundchen and Callista Flockhart and Kate Hudson and Kiera Knightly, but you know what, that's not what my friends think of when we talk about skinny. Or myself. Thank G-d. This is just all too weird. Not even 6 months ago I was 287 lbs. And now I am just about 100 lbs lighter, so I guess to the outside world I am comparatively "skinny". I wonder what will happen as I get closer to goal. When will it sink in? I have these 2 small club chairs in my home. I love them, they're in addition to my loveseat and sofa. Anyway they're kinda small as space is limited and they always enveloped me when I sat in them. In fact, I was so heavy that once or twice when I stood up, the seat practically came up with me. Well today, I sat in it and I wasn't even touching the sides, not even close. I looked like 10 times. Very freaky. Where did the rest of me go??? Where??

And the thing about being "done" losing weight, a few people have said this to me lately. And I was thinking, I have plenty of really pretty attractive friends who are wearing size 12's and they are DONE. Meaning for years they've been at their current weight (or there abouts, I suppose). And they look fabulous, I never think they need to lose weight. So now that I think about it, I guess I could see where someone WOULD say to me that I'm done. Which is kinda silly, but whatever.

What an experience this has been. What an experience. I never would have imagined it like this. I'm not sure WHAT I would have imagined it, but not like this.

Okay, so have I rambled enough for one night? Umm, yesss. Good night ladies.

shelby897
02-25-2007, 10:26 PM
Robin -- you mean someday when I get up out of our plastic lawn chairs, it will stop sticking to my butt??:D

Seriously you've done amazing, as have many people on here. You are done when you are comfortable with yourself -- even if people start saying you are too thin:dizzy: I used to be "too thin:( " but I'll get there!!!

Odd NSV for today -- but I was doing tremendously amazing, even shocking myself. But had a piece of birthday cake at a party today and two mini peanut butter cups (not the NSV!!). That used to just send me off my diet and back to junk, but I'm okay -- came home, had a good dinner and have been drinking water ever since. Now everyone is in bed and I know I'm going to be okay because I have no desire to hit the cabinets, like I used to.

Have a nice night everyone!!

royalsfan1
02-26-2007, 12:50 AM
We had a soup and sandwich dinner tonight at church. I ate 1 piece of whole wheat bread with a slice of turkey and some mustard, some broccoli cheese soup, and even a small slice of cake and STILL was within my calorie limits for the day! It really makes such a difference when you plan ahead! Another thing that I love is since I had that piece of cake I left totally satisfied and my sweet tooth will probably stay quiet for a couple of weeks. (Hope so!)

lilybelle
02-26-2007, 02:33 AM
These are such great NSV's. I am finding that one of the most important keys to my success is if I do have a piece of cake or sweets, that I get immediately back on track. I don't berate myself for it. It doesn't undo the hard work that I have done to lose this weight. When I first started losing weight, I always thought I cannot have this, this or this ever again. I am very relieved that isn't so. I try to plan ahead for a treat and keep it in my calorie limit for the day, but it doesn't happen 100% of the time, only about 90% of the time.

Robin, I'm proud to say that for lunch I had some chicken soup. I poured out about 1/3 of my bowl because I felt full. At dinner tonite I made burgers on ww buns and baked fries. I decided I didn't want the burger and just had some baked fries, I measured out 2 cups of the fries for me. I ended up throwing a half a cup of them out. I was full and although at each meal today I could have eaten it all without stuffing myself, I consciously made an effort to leave a little bit. This is totally something new for me. I usually clean my plate of every little crumb. My total calories for today came to 1377..I normally allow 1600-1700 per day. I don't feel hungry so I had enough. (I put my full portions in fitday without subtracting what I threw out). This is making me feel like I'm a little more in control. Just last week I had noticed that I would continue to eat even when I was full, if more food was on my plate. I'm going to try to stop this habit. Leaving a few bites won't kill me.

Robin, I know what you mean about the Average American woman being a size 14. I also remember being elated when I got back into a 14. I felt "normal" again. At my SD's high school BB game on Friday night, I was looking around at the kids. It kind of hit me, I'm the same size as or smaller than most of the teenagers. My own DD is 14 yrs. old and we can wear each others clothes. She is 5'5 1/2 and weighs 135 right now. My sister is a size 14 and the other is a size 12. Both of them look "normal" to me. They don't look huge, they just look like the average woman we see everyday. I agree that is why people think we are trying to get too small. Average now days is different than it used to be. I see all these size 0 movie stars and I think, No I wouldn't want to look like them. I know that sizes have changed so much. . When I started losing weight, I thought at goal I'd be a size 8. That is what I was at this weight when I lost it all before (13 yrs. ago).

rockinrobin
02-26-2007, 07:38 AM
Well that's it, you have given me the urge and the push to no longer clean my plate. I'm gonna give it a real good try. I will make a conscious decision to stop eating as soon as I feel full. I really am looking to avoid that ugly plataeu and this could certainly be an area where I could possibly cut back a few calories or so. Strangely, because I guess I'm so strange, I'm excited about this. It'll be something new for me to conquer in my battle to lose weight. We shall see how it goes.

I am beginning to feel normal, or regular again as well. I was always so big, that when ever people would pass me say in a grocery store aisle, I always would move out of the way so that they would have plenty of room to pass. I caught myself doing this the other day and realized that I didn't need to do this anymore. Weird. I was just always so self conscious of being so very large. It's still hard and unnatural for me to think other wise. It's gonna take me some time.

Mrs Quadcrew
02-26-2007, 11:16 AM
I have been leaving things on my plate when I am full now too. DH noticed the other night - we went out to dinner. I ordered a large salad with grilled chicken. There was about 1/3 of the salad left, and I just put my napkin over it and pushed it aside. He commented, "you know, you NEVER used to do that, and I think it is great that you KNOW when you are full now!" (which tickled me that he noticed!!) Ithink this is just one more thing that will enable us to remain in control the rest of our lives.....great jobs ladies!!

My NSV for the day is I took my measurements last night - and I have lost 9 and 3/4 inches of me this past month!! Every measurement went down with the exception of my forearms.:D (my waist was the biggest loser of the body parts - down 3")

NESunshine
02-26-2007, 11:39 AM
people have been calling me 'hot'... especially since I cut my hair. Its a bit strange...I've never thought of myself as an ugly girl....but 'hot' has never been in my list of vocab that describes me...its kinda surreal, the attention is a bit overwhelming but I'd be lying if I said couldn't grow to like it :D
it really is a motivational bump that is going to push me more! Its really got me looking back at myself and thinking about my old lifestyle....'jeez...what was I thinking? This is so much better!'
ha...I might even have to start dating!

lilybelle
02-26-2007, 11:40 AM
Robin, it is a strange feeling when we realize it doesn't take as much room to get past people anymore. I've had that same NSV at BB games and such. I don't have to move completely out of the aisle and suck it up to let people get by me anymore. I figure if people can't get past me now, it's not ME that is too wide. LOL.

I am really inspired by leaving a little food on my plate. Let's keep this up ladies and try to help each other with it. A big battle for me to start with was over-coming the desire for 2nd and 3rd helpings of food. Now, I'm having one serving and leaving a little, tiny bit. That is coming a long way for me.

Mrs. Quadcrew, WTG also on leaving some of your food. This really takes being conscious of what we're doing. It makes me feel so much more in control. It's great that your DH noticed. Mine hasn't noticed yet, but he did notice that I don't refill my plate.
Also, WTG on the 3 inches. My weight around my waist was the last to come off. I'd still like to lose a couple inches from my waist.

Sunshine, WTG on the "hot" compliments. I know that must feel great.

GirlyGirlSebas
02-26-2007, 11:44 AM
ha...I might even have to start dating!

Speaking as an old married woman, (And, I truly do love being married to my hubby!) enjoy your single years! Don't sit on the sidelines! If I knew then what I know now, I'd have jumped in feet first instead of letting my weight hold me back.

Lifeguard
02-26-2007, 11:49 AM
On Saturday I put on my snowpants to play with the dogs & my godson out at my Mom's farm & they did up. Now they have this stupid snap closure so as soon as you bend over they unsnap but a couple of weeks ago I couldn't even get the snap done up!

Katy05
02-26-2007, 01:14 PM
I went shopping over the weekend and I'm now wearing a size 16 pants, down from a snug 18 and I'm wearing 14/16 blouses. I can't wait to get into a 14 and so on and so forth and finally back into my 8's. :D

GirlyGirlSebas
02-26-2007, 10:51 PM
Ok.... I did it. This plus size lady is gonna wiggle into her swimsuit and start swimming on Thursday! I am so psyched! I went to observe the class this evening and met the teachers. The class is co-ed and is for adults who know how to swim, but want to learn the different techniques and how to increase indurance. Some people in the class are training for swim meets and triathalons. Looks like I will be the biggest person in the class....by probably 50-75 lbs....but, I just don't care! I cant believe I'm finally going to follow through on one of my dreams!

(Ok Self....take a deep breath and calm down already!) Can you tell I'm excited? :swim:

GirlyGirlSebas
02-26-2007, 10:52 PM
Oh yes! Forgot my other NSV. Today was measuring day. Lost another 3 1/4 inches for a grand total of 13 inches so far!

shelby897
02-26-2007, 11:31 PM
Rhonda -- that's awesome -- I absolutely adore swimming, one of my favorite activities. I bet you will fit right in!! And it's great to do something you really enjoy and to not wait to "be thin". I've become much better at that. When I first joined the gym I only walked the track because that's where I saw all of us "larger" people. I've since moved into the fitness room and don't even notice anyone else. I always assumed people were looking at the overweight ones to see what they are doing, but no one really cares that much!!

royalsfan1
02-27-2007, 12:46 AM
Took my daughter out for her birthday dinner. She wanted Chinese buffet...so that's what we did. Instead of torturing myself with the buffet I ordered from the menu (did the research at home so I knew what was healthiest) and I brought home over 1/2 of my meal! That has NEVER happened before at a Chinese restaurant!

boaterswife
02-27-2007, 10:16 AM
Tricia, excellent determination! Chinese food is so hard to step away from, kudos to you!

We ate dinner out last night for the THIRD night in a row. All three nights I felt as though I made very wise choices that stayed within my plan and left me points (ww) to spare. In the past those three meals would have been enough calories to last a normal person a month!

royalsfan1
02-27-2007, 10:25 AM
I was making the kids' lunches today and decided to give them a few Girl Scout cookies. It was then that I noticed that I have had an open box of my very favorite kind for 5 days and have not eaten a single one! Not only that...a box has actually lasted that long in this house!!!! Before my determination to lose set it I would have not only bought more than one box, I would have hidden them and saved them for myself rather than put them out so my kids could have one if they wanted. I feel like such a crappy mom for that kind of stuff. Hiding food!!!! Can you believe that??? No more! Even putting those cookies in their lunch didn't phase me. The box is put back away and Momma STILL hasn't had one! :D Also, I noticed that there is a bag of Doritos in the pantry that has been opened for so long it's probably gone stale. I just can't believe these things can sit around my house and I'm not touching them! I guess it's true...when your body gets used to good, healthy food, the cravings for junk go away!!! I NEVER would have believed it if I weren't experiencing it.

Kelly, awesome job! Eating out is so tough! If I weren't scared of being dubbed a "conspiracy theorist" I would suggest there is a method to their madness??? hehe

Mrs Quadcrew
02-27-2007, 10:40 AM
Tricia - I feel the same way, I do not CRAVE that stuff anymore!! I think it is a miracle!!;) I never would've believed it if I hadn't done it myself. Nope, I don't want it, and it isn't even appealing to me anymore.:D

Rhonda - way cool on the swimming!! What a great way to get some exercise in. I love to swim, and I am looking forward to it this summer.

and the ladies who have eaten out and stayed in control.....WOOOHOOOO!!!! what a GREAT feeling - to do that and KNOW you are doing it right!! I just get soooo excited reading these!!!

MY NSV was surviving the MIL dinner last night. Of course I got to hear the snide comments about not eating the bisquits or dessert, but it was all worth it when her pie FELL into the trashcan.:)

LisaMarie71
02-27-2007, 11:18 AM
Rhonda, I'm jealous because I never actually learned to swim! Sad, I know...

And great job to everyone else on some fabulous NSVs!

I just thought of one because I'm sitting in a student desk right now at school. Last year, I was really worried when I got hired because I knew I'd have trouble fitting in the student desks if I ever needed to, so I always avoided it when I could. I managed to squeeze in, but I had to suck my stomach in a little and I couldn't really turn around. Well, now I have LOTS of extra room between the desk and myself, and I can turn around easily. Woohoo!

Oh, and I hit my BMI NSV today -- I'm at 29.7, so I'm "overweight" instead of "obese." It's technically a scale victory, but it's a different kind of milestone! I know everyone's probably sick of hearing me talk about it, but I can't help it -- I'm excited! :)

lilybelle
02-27-2007, 11:27 AM
WTG on the great NSV's.

I got my hair styled and hi-lighted yesterday and it made me feel so good. I have made the decision to have a breast lift with implants if my Dr. gives me the approval when I see him in April.

I have been coming in a little under my calorie limit each day lately and I'm OK with this. I don't feel a need anymore to eat every calorie I'm Entitled to.

boaterswife
02-27-2007, 01:05 PM
More great NSV's ladies, congratulations!

Lisa, that student desk thing is awesome....When I went to my son's HS orientation three years ago (not even my highest weight), I was embarrassed because I had to squeeze myself into the desk. Last month, at DD's HS orientation, I fit like one of the students. It was heartwarming....I'm proud of you! And the "overweight" BMI? Way to go! That is most definitely a milestone to celebrate!

Tricia, fabulous job with the GS cookies! I think we've all sat down and eaten a whole row of them by our selves, then enjoyed the other roll for dessert! Your tastebuds have changed, and that's awesome!

Mrs. Quadcrew, MIL's can be the devil in disguise! How wonderful that you now are not only doing better things for yourself, but you have the self-confidence to stand up for yourself and not eat the things she's pushing. BRAVO!

Ooooh, Lily! A new do! I've been toying with the same idea, but haven't gotten brave enough yet to do it. And the breast lift...that's wonderful! I'm ok with the size of mine (after the shell-shock of losing about 1/2 of them), but I so wish they weren't staring at the floor! Good for you!

GirlyGirlSebas
02-27-2007, 02:23 PM
I have made the decision to have a breast lift with implants.

How exciting! I've often thought that I want to put the girls back up on my chest after I lose the weight! After only 19 lbs, they're already looking a little deflated. :D I also want a tummy tuck.

When can we see pictures of the new do?

shelby897
02-27-2007, 02:33 PM
Tricia – I completely understand the whole “lunch box” theory. For the past few weeks my 7 year old has finally had his chocolate chip granola bar and fruits snacks all 5 days!! Usually he had one or two and by Wednesday he was getting crackers because I had finished all the good stuff! Nice job dishing out the cookies. Did you ever think food would go stale at your house? I actually just threw out some ice cream because it was covered in ice and nasty looking, who would have thought I could do that?!!

Mrs. Quadcrew -- nice job with the mother-in-law – why eat just because it makes someone else happy? What’s wrong with them for pushing it, not us for not eating it!!

Lilybelle – so much to look forward too – unfortunately when I’m thin I’m as my mother calls it --- carpenter’s dream, flat as a board but I would be more than happy with that, as long as I lose all the weight!!

As of today I now fit in my "skinny" 18's, which couldn't have come soon enough, the whole rubbing thighs have "burned" a big hole in my "large" 18's so I was trying to sew them back up -- now that the others fit I can toss them!! So far from a 20 to a "skinny" 18.

Great job everyone.

rockinrobin
02-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Yet another bunch of fabulous NSV's.

Rhonda, oh how I envy you. ENjoy that pool girl. And 13" gone. FABULOUS!!!

Great going Shelby on fitting into the "skinny" jeans. Fabulous.

What a great feeling Royalfan to take home 1/2 that meal. And the girl scout cookies as well! Isn't it amazing how quickly things can turn around?

Great going on the great choices Kelly!

Lisamarie, that is soooo great that you are no longer obese. I still need another 24 lbs gone to hit that one. In fact I still need another 10 til I'm no longer MORBIDLY OBESE. The horrors of being 5 ft. nothing. And as far as the desk goes, I used to dread parent teacher night because of those rotten, thoughtless desks. I practically had to butter and oil myself up to squeeze into one of those. I always felt so bad for kids that were grossly overweight and had to deal with them on a daily basis. I am so glad to hear that they are spacious for you now!!!!

Mrs. Quadcrew I call my in-laws, the out-laws. Grrrr. A "special" breed MIL's can be.

Lily, you must look even more stunning. I hope you get your approval in April. That's exciting, I can not imagine what my former 44 DD's will look like when I'm all said and done. They ain't looking too perky at this point, this much I can tell you. Thank goodness for undergarments.

My NSV. I was out a little while ago walking around the avenue doing some errands. And I just noticed how I was passing people as I was walking. In the old days, I walked so turtle like, that EVERYONE would pass me. The old, the obese, the young, the impaired, the everyone. And today I was doing the passing. Even the teenagers. A great feeling I must tell you.

Kashi
02-27-2007, 03:56 PM
My NSV seems strange, because it starts off with a binge. I had done some form of exercise every day for the past week, but yesterday I wanted to rest. Which would've been fine, except I also ended up buying a box of pop tarts, a bag of skittles, and a bag of crispers and eating all of it (well, only half the box of pop tarts).

But the NSV lies here: Today, I woke up and had my normal breakfast (eggs w/ cottage cheese + oatmeal), and went to the gym. I came home, threw out one of the two remaining packages of pop tarts, and kept the other one. It's 400 calories (and not at all healthy), but will be a nice treat whenever I want it, and I should be able to work it into my daily food just fine. My NSV is getting right back on track, and not succumbing to the 'all or nothing' mentality. This doesn't really seem like a big victory when I write it out like this, but to me it's such a change in mentality.

shelby897
02-27-2007, 04:18 PM
Kashi -- it is a big victory -- I personally know how hard it is to get back on track when I fall off -- and I swear when there are poptarts in the cabinet my x-ray vision kicks in and I can't walk past them. Great job.

Angihas2
02-27-2007, 10:39 PM
I love reading these. Y'all have no idea how much you inspire me. I often come and read the ENTIRE thread to keep going.

So, my house is in an uproar, we're moving anytime from this weekend to the middle of March, depending on where we decide to go and when we go. It's all a big mess, half the stuff I need is in boxes, my kids are home all week from daycare due to a death in the family of the people who care for them, so the kids are into EVERYTHING. The fuse box in our house had a short yesterday, about noon, we had NO power until about 4 this afternoon, ARGHH!

NSV's STILL happened. My official measure day is tomorrow, but i signed up for the SELF challenge and needed my waist/hip/thigh measurements, I've lost an inch from all areas. YAY! BUT!! Today, we had the kids outside playing soccer, which means Matt and I run around ALOT, chasing their wild kids, and in a pause during playing, I went to put my hands on my hips. THEY WEREN'T THERE!! YAY!! Well, they are, but my hands went to where they would normally go and the hips weren't there, I had to conciously, bring them in a little bit. I also noticed, I can feel the muscles on the tops of my hips, without pushing through a layer of fat. They're just there! I can naturally, hold my hands on my hips and feel both my hips and the natural end of my waist. I've also realised I'm very high waisted, as I can only fit 3 fingers between the top of my hip and the bottom of my ribs, and I have no torso. Weird, you'd think I would know these things?

Kashi
02-27-2007, 11:27 PM
Thanks, Shelby!

That's awesome, Angi! It's so weird (but great!) when we start to notice how different our bodies feel to us. Finding "new" bones and muscles is really fun, and learning what we're really shaped like under the fat is eye-opening. I just started a weight-loss blog on livejournal, do you mind if I add you? :)

dcapulet
02-27-2007, 11:33 PM
i fit into a pair of jeans that didn't fit a month ago.

:carrot:

Angihas2
02-27-2007, 11:33 PM
Thanks, Shelby!

That's awesome, Angi! It's so weird (but great!) when we start to notice how different our bodies feel to us. Finding "new" bones and muscles is really fun, and learning what we're really shaped like under the fat is eye-opening. I just started a weight-loss blog on livejournal, do you mind if I add you? :)

No, not at all, please, add me :)

It is so weird to feel what I'm shaped like. I know what I was shaped like before kids, but since then, I've always been fat!! I want to know if I finally got some hips or if I still look like a boy from behind!! It would be really cool to come out of this journey with like, serious, razor sharp sexy curves, especially considering, that except for my boobs, I'm pretty much built like a guy! No hips, all legs and no waist! BLECH!

lilybelle
02-28-2007, 01:40 AM
These are such great NSV's, I read everyone of them.

Shelbey, if you think your chest will be a carpenters dream, you should see my Butt. LOL, it's a wonder I haven't had nails pounded in it when I pass a construction site. I am actually looking for them undies with a butt pad in them to help it not look like a board. No matter how small I buy my jeans, I can't keep them up. I have No hips. If it weren't for my thighs, my jeans would be around my ankles. I have to wear a belt with everything and now I need new belts as mine are all too big which weighs the jeans even further down.

Today, I put on an old T-shirt to work out in. It was one that for a long time I couldn't even fit around me. Today it was so baggy that it came almost to my knees. That was quite an eye-opener. I took it off and trashed it. I don't want to look that sloppy even to do my workout at home.

Robin, I threw away about 1/4 of my dinner tonite. I stopped when I was full. I CAN do this.

Angihas, I'm jealous. I wish I could say I have no waist.

My DH has said that if my Dr. thinks it is OK, that I can have the breast lift with implants. This means he'll have to wait a year to buy a boat. I told him "I realize you won't be able to fish off them, but they'll still be a lot of fun once the swelling goes down". LOL, he bought it hook, line and sinker. LOL.

NewDay4MeToo
02-28-2007, 01:49 AM
A dear guy friend said to me today- Christine, how much weight have you lost lately? You are looking so great! That's wonderful.

Aaahhh, the compliments from guys always feel good.

Charbar
02-28-2007, 09:46 AM
I heard this thread is really amazing... so here I am..

I may not reply to all of your nsv - CAUSE THERE ARE SO MANYYYY!!! :carrot: but so far I find them inspiring.

Last night at work someone bought a box of chocolates with a note attached.. help yourself! Noooooooo. Those things were looking at me all night. About half way through the night I broke down... looked at the side of the box and read the calories (I did really good yesterday on calories so I thought that I could have one... which would no doubt lead to some) 210 calories for 3 little pieces. No Way, I thought - so not worth 70 calories for less then a bites worth.
The rest of the evening was easy - I wasn't even tempted. Yeah!!

penor
02-28-2007, 10:18 AM
my NSV's are small.
I've been waking up in the morning not tired!!
Before I started really healthy eating I woke up in the mornings ready for a nap.
It's only been 8 days but already I don't wake up tired. That is my NSV for the first week of my new life. can't wait to see what else happens! :carrot:

royalsfan1
02-28-2007, 10:20 AM
Great job resisting the chocolates! This thread really is great. When you read someones victory over struggles it makes it much easier to get through your own! Also, wonderful news, penor. I know exactly what you mean. I would get up at 5:30, get the kids ready and off to school, get laundry started and a couple of things done around the house (namely, feed my face!) and then take a nap at around 11:00. I'd wake up in time for lunch, though! :( I really do love the newfound energy!

Last night we were shopping while my daughter was at a birthday party. The other 2 kids wanted to run through Sonic so we did. I saw a special advertised for a banana pudding shake. OH MY GOSH! That was the worst temptation I have encountered since I started this journey!!!! My mouth actually watered. I'm pleased to announce that I ordered them each the blast they wanted and I ordered myself an unsweet tea with raspberry. Once we drove away from Sonic the temptation was completely gone and I was VERY proud of my decision to resist.

penor
02-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Aw man! That is really good Royal.(lol) I'm not real sure I could have done that. I'm glad I live up north because I have family down south and between Sonic and Krystal I'd be 3x's the weight I am now! Great job on avoiding the Blast.
I have temptation too until I drive away then it's just gone. makes you realize how fleeting the satisfaction of eating that Blast or Sonic Burger,or 10 Krystals would be. That joy from eating the food would be gone just as fast.

Casey4
02-28-2007, 11:34 AM
Taryn, my toddler, has been really sick since Friday with Rotavirus. (Yeah, yuck, yuck, yuck) She was just a mess and I was up almost two nights straight. During the day she was literally attached to me. This would have been the perfect setup for me to go off plan. Drinking water was tough, getting to the kitchen to make healthy foods even tougher, taking the time to journal nearly impossible. In the past I would have said "This is all about Taryn. You need to eat whatever is easy to grab, will comfort your stress and deal with trying to get back on plan when she is better." However, I stayed strictly on plan. I took the time to get healthy food. Yesterday morning I realized I had forgotten to make more steel oats for breakfast so I ate lunch for breakfast, cooked the oats and ate them for lunch. Taryn is slowly getting better and that is great, but I am so darn proud of myself because I didn't create excuses for myself. Last year I had started really working toward healthier eating and Darby was hospitalized with Lyme disease. I went off plan and it took me over a year to pull myself back toward treating my body with the care and respect it deserves. It just goes to show that for me I have recognized that this is a lifestyle change NOT a diet! Great step for me! :carrot:

Angihas2
02-28-2007, 02:20 PM
I shared this in another thread, don't know why I forgot to share it here.

Last week, I was wearing those shorts I mentioned in an earlier NSV, and was sitting at the desk, typing here, and looked down. I got fascinated with the fact I can see so much more of my thighs now, when I sit down. It use to be I had this kind of attached table, instead of a lap. My belly used to cover a good portion of my upper thighs when I would sit down, but now, just guessing, it looks like I've got roughly, an extra 3"s of upper thigh when I sit down, I found a freckle on my upper thigh I didn't know I had. Well, maybe I did and I just forgot, it's been so long since I've seen that portion of my body normally, yanno? So, first I'm all, look at that cute beauty mark, then I start investigating it, then I freak out cus I think it's some sort of cancerous mole or tumor<family history of skin/breast/ovarian cancer>, Matt finally gets tired of hearing me worry about it, and says, "It's a freckle you idiot!". I know, who's happy about their spouse calling them an idiot? It's just the way it came about was funny, he likes to let me revel in my newfound attributes, before telling me that he knew that freckle was there or something, so I can marvel over it. So, my NSV is I found a freckle I didn't know I had :D

We also picked up the kids a yard TBall stand, ball, batt and a toddler golf set, we played for an hour out in the sun running around the yard chasing balls. i loved it and we all had a blast!

beautifulone
02-28-2007, 03:35 PM
Last night at work someone bought a box of chocolates with a note attached.. help yourself! Noooooooo. Those things were looking at me all night. About half way through the night I broke down... looked at the side of the box and read the calories (I did really good yesterday on calories so I thought that I could have one... which would no doubt lead to some) 210 calories for 3 little pieces. No Way, I thought - so not worth 70 calories for less then a bites worth.
The rest of the evening was easy - I wasn't even tempted. Yeah!!

Dana, I find that looking at calories kills most temptations like I wouldn't have believed! So I do that too and it's amazing how much it helps! Anyways, good for you! :D And I know what you mean, it's hard to keep up.

beautifulone
02-28-2007, 03:40 PM
Casey, wow.. that is huge! Good for you!!!!

I hope Taryn feels better soon!

Angi, that sounds like a great day! and it's awesome when we notice our bodies becoming smaller in that way!

RitzyFritz
02-28-2007, 03:46 PM
My husband's chair at the table is the only chair of the set that has arms (why did they make these sets like this anyway?). Well, when I started this journey in January, I felt "stuffed" in his chair. Today, I sat there and did not feel the arms pressing against my thighs as I had before! I felt NORMAL sitting there!!! YAHOO!! LOL!

Lifeguard
02-28-2007, 04:19 PM
This means he'll have to wait a year to buy a boat. I told him "I realize you won't be able to fish off them, but they'll still be a lot of fun once the swelling goes down". LOL, he bought it hook, line and sinker. LOL.

Thank goodness no one else is here at work right now - I almost spewed water on my computer screen from laughing mid-gulp!

I finally have a new NSV after a disappointing couple of days:

1. I lost 2.5 inches this week (still no lbs).

2. I saw my regular doc this morning & she is starting me on the metformin right away - I was so afraid I was going to have to wait until Oct. for the specialist appointment. Maybe by then I'll have already conceived & be preggers!

lilybelle
02-28-2007, 04:44 PM
Lifeguard, sorry to make you spew. LOL. I think I missed my calling in life, I should have been a comedian.

I'm glad you are starting metformin. I take it and for people with PCOS it is supposed to help with weight loss. WTG on those inches lost, that is great.

My only NSV today is that I decided to fix my new hairstyle all up with curls and put on make-up. I'm babysitting my 2 grandkids, and don't plan on going anywhere, but I feel better just fixing myself up. I feel pretty.

beautifulone, I had an NSV like that last night. My DD had some chocolate grahams that are sugar free and offered me some. I looked at the package and thought 4 of those little cookies for 140 cal's. Nope not worth it. I knew one wouldn't be satisfying enough and I'd eat a bunch of them.

samanthaf63
02-28-2007, 09:05 PM
I was whining today to my mother about not losing any weight and I was trying so hard and working out so much and blah blah blah. My mother is highly critical and does not hand out compliments easily, but she said "Well, I think you have."
Me: "How much?"
Mom: "I don't know."
Me: "If I get on the scale and it shows over 200 lbs., I'm going to slit my wrists on the spot."
Mom: "I think you're about 190."

Well...I considered my clothes. The 18s are too tight. The 20s are starting to get loose. 190 would be right. So I am crossing my fingers and may have something very interesting to report after I get on her doctor's scale! Still, it was enough to get me through the day.

kaepepper
02-28-2007, 09:11 PM
I was able to wear my favorite black pants comfortably fastened at the waist and not sucking to my thighs for the first time in months. YAY!!!

GirlyGirlSebas
02-28-2007, 10:19 PM
I went shopping tonight and bought some smaller jeans at Lane Bryant...went from a 26 to a 24! I was so excited, so I bought a new shirt and necklace, too. Now, I have a whole new outfit! By the way, I followed everybody's advice on looking smaller...I bought a fitted shirt....not a stretchy T-shirt!

royalsfan1
02-28-2007, 11:27 PM
Awesome! You guys are doing great!!!

Mine for tonight...ignored the chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes, and caramel chocolate dessert at church tonight. Came home and had a bowl of taco soup and an apple! :D

rockinrobin
03-01-2007, 07:50 AM
Girlygirl, new clothing IS SO VERY IMPORTANT to keep us looking good and feeling well throughout our journey. I'm very excited for you.

Royalsfan, GREAT WILLPOWER!!

Great going on all the other fabulous, simply fabulous NSV'S

rockinrobin
03-01-2007, 07:52 AM
STOP RIGHT THERE AND PLEASE START POSTING IN MARCH'S NSV'S. Thanks.

beautifulone
03-01-2007, 07:18 PM
Me: "If I get on the scale and it shows over 200 lbs., I'm going to slit my wrists on the spot.""[/COLOR]

Samantha, I just wanted to check in with you and see if you are okay?? :?:

Robin, vamoozing it over to the March thread right now.

samanthaf63
03-01-2007, 10:39 PM
Was going to weigh in on Saturday but I don't think it's going to happen now (depends when I end up meeting my folks for dinner for their anniversary).

I guess it buys me a few more days but I'm still feeling good about things!