100 lb. Club - FEBRUARY'S The ONE reason I'm staying on plan today is:

rockinrobin
02-01-2007, 06:49 AM
Happy February everybody!!! We started this thread on January 11th. We filled up 20 pages worth, so I thought we'd make it a monthly. I for one find it to be one of my very favorite threads. As I read the daily reasons day after day, I often find myself nodding in agreement to many of the things are posted.

This thread is about starting our day off with ONE reason for sticking to our new lifestyle. It could be health related, vanity related or anything else that comes to mind. I think we all have days that we need to be reminded of just why we're making the sacrifices that we are and we say to ourselves, "Ummm, why am I doing this again?." Or perhaps just to reinforce our new lifestyles. It is meant to provide us all with a little extra motivation. Of course there are hundreds of reasons that we're sticking to our plans, but what's the ONE thing that's gonna do if for you today?

rockinrobin
02-01-2007, 06:53 AM
Quite frankly, I'm terrified of not losing anymore weight. I've got a long way to go and a lot more to accomplish. I am trying to avoid the inevitable plataeu, so today I will be staying on plan.

Cheryl14
02-01-2007, 07:36 AM
The ONE reason I am staying on plan today is to do better lowing my carbs. According to my pie chart on FitDay, I am eating WAY too many carbs. I also want to up my fiber. I had my first bowl of Fiber One cereal this morning. I hope that it will grow on me, but I AM glad to know that I already injested 14 grams of fiber for the day.

My primary goal is to lose weight in my arms so my mother-of-the-groom dress I bought fits well in the arms. My upper arms are a real trouble zone for me. I know that I can spot reduce, so losing weight is my only way of making everything smaller!

My ULTIMATE GOAL is to weigh what I weighed on my own wedding day at our son's wedding in August. I have forty-seven pounds to go!

Cheryl

EnglishMuffin
02-01-2007, 08:07 AM
My one reason for staying on the plan today is because I've planned really delicious food and so there's no reason to veer off track.

sharonrr
02-01-2007, 08:23 AM
My one reason to stay on plan today: is to watch my 4 y/o daughter to graduate from college.
Sharon

DramaQueenLucy
02-01-2007, 08:24 AM
The one reason that I am staying on plan today is that I have had it with being fat.

sexybrokechick
02-01-2007, 08:48 AM
the ONE reason why I'm staying on plan is because one of my favorite pairs of jeans is wearing out in the thigh area and I want to lose much more weight before I buy another pair of jeans.

GirlyGirlSebas
02-01-2007, 09:24 AM
The One reason I'm staying on plan today - Because I like to see the little changes in my body and I can't wait to see the big changes.

SexyRevealed
02-01-2007, 09:36 AM
This is a great thread and everyone's responses are so very motivating! I've started saving some posts in a Word file and I look at it every day.

The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because I'm starting to feel like a whole new person. Energy levels are rising, my skin is glowing. I like this!

Mrs Quadcrew
02-01-2007, 09:54 AM
The ONE reason I am staying on plan today is:

All my clothes are getting looser!! I have been able to wear shirts that were too snug around my middle - and they FIT now!

Monkeybabies
02-01-2007, 10:07 AM
The ONE reason I am staying on plan today is because the last couple of days I have been slacking, and do not wanna gain back what I just lost!

LisaMarie71
02-01-2007, 10:09 AM
I love this thread!! Not only do I get to name a reason why I'm doing it, which reminds me of how important it is, but I get to read everyone else's reasons, which I usually share. Every day we have all these great reminders of why we're working so hard and committing to this weight loss journey.

My one reason today is because I just feel so much lighter, like I take up less space in the world, and it feels good!

Soon2BFitChick
02-01-2007, 10:16 AM
G'morning!! My reason for staying on plan today is I want to fit into some new clothes I bought which are three sizes too small. :D (I usually don't go that small with my 'carrots' but they were extremely cheap and cute. Reg. $69.00 dress for $14.00, etc. So Imma get into them this year!! :carrot:

Casey4
02-01-2007, 01:10 PM
is because although I haven't lost any sizes yet my clothes are getting loser and I can telling I am getting smaller!

phantastica
02-01-2007, 02:19 PM
The one reason I am staying on plan today is ... because yesterday, I didn't.

SwimGirl
02-01-2007, 03:16 PM
I actually was talking with my mother last night about this - after a little pity party..

The reason I'm staying on plan? The only road ahead IS the hard road so I might as well keep on it as there is NO alternative for me. I suppose the harder it is the sweeter it'll be? I hope so. (this is a hopeful post from me - I'm actually feeling positive about all of this)

-Aimee

jennylou
02-01-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm staying on plan today because I want to look better for our cruise in 2.5 weeks. Also, I'm in a wedding this year and I have a HS reunion. That's plenty of motivation for me!

TempleBody
02-01-2007, 04:28 PM
The one reason I am staying on plan today is so that next winter I will be able to wear those totally awesome and very attractive knee-high length winter boots. Right now none would fit over my fat calf!!

wanna b thin
02-01-2007, 04:45 PM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because I have to, to reach my goal and I am going to reach my goal.

Chunky Teacher
02-01-2007, 06:06 PM
The one reason for me today is that I have control over what I choose to eat now. I want to continue that and never let food have it's way again!

Karma27
02-01-2007, 06:29 PM
I am staying on plan today because I want to wear high heels again. I am shoe junky and I have been lusting after stilleto's for 3 years now but have been have been unable to wear them because...well..
they are simply not ready for all this jelly
**translation** I am too heavy for skinny heels. :o I am determined. I am wearing a pair THIS year.

SexyRevealed
02-01-2007, 09:24 PM
The one reason I am staying on plan today is so that next winter I will be able to wear those totally awesome and very attractive knee-high length winter boots. Right now none would fit over my fat calf!!

Girl, I've been DYING for some boots. I usually buy the stretch kind, but I want some LEATHER ones that will zip all the way up!

And Karma, I'm a shoe nut as well... I love heels, but my feet KILL me in them now... I can't wait until there's less of me to carry.

boaterswife
02-01-2007, 11:27 PM
Well, the ONE reason I'm staying on plan today is because it has turned out to be a really sucky day, and staying on plan is the ONE thing that I do have control over!

karrier
02-02-2007, 05:25 AM
Today I am staying on plan as I haven't cheated in 27 days and I don't want to ruina perfect record.

rockinrobin
02-02-2007, 07:46 AM
I'm gonna make it 2 reasons, my 2 feet. I am SO jumping on that high heel, cool-knee high boot band wagon. 88 pounds gone and I have yet to see any improvement in my calves. It is quite depressing. I am hoping and praying that eventually it WILL come off of there. It has to, doesn't it? I gotta tell you at this point, my thighs are thinner then my calves. Not too pretty. I absolutely can not wait to wear boots and shoes, anyones that I want. And lots of them. I will definitely have that in mind today as I go through my day. Gotta stay on plan, there are shoes and BOOTS out there calling my name. It's just plain rude to ignore something that's calling your name.

Cheryl14
02-02-2007, 08:29 AM
I am staying on plan today because I am so close to that 199 that I can almost TASTE IT

BTW:

Calf-high/knee high boots...Do you know that even at 145 pounds when I was in college, I could NOT find any calf high or knee high boots to fit on my tree trunk legs?!!!:(

My legs are STILL one of my ugliest parts, BUT I HAVE seen improvement since I have been walking and doing Turbo Jam and step aerobics.

Robin...my thighs got smaller before my calves even THOUGHT about making any changes! I am finding that each person has a different way of carrying the fat/heaviness. I was also surprised that walking made my butt get smaller! One day I went to pull up my pants and noticed all this extra fabric in the rear. That was SO surprising to me! I guess I had forgotten that as you walk your butt muscles have to work to propel your legs!:running:

Cheryl

helenhugs
02-02-2007, 09:12 AM
The one reason I am staying on plan today is because I have found this wonderful site where I know I can vent & people actually understand what I mean because they have been there or are there.
hugs

TempleBody
02-02-2007, 09:14 AM
awwww. Cheryl!! The odd part about this...is that I don't even have "fat legs". I carry my weight on the top (alot in the arms!!). So hopefully I should find something. hehe

Oh and...

My one reason for staying on plan today is that I'm worth it. I am worth it.

boaterswife
02-02-2007, 09:21 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is that I just figured my BMI for the first time in a long time.....I'm only 3 pounds away from being overweight! I want out of "obese" never to see it again!!!

LisaMarie71
02-02-2007, 09:46 AM
My one reason for staying on plan today is because I'm so close to Onederland. I think that will probably be my "one reason" every day until I get there, in fact!!

Soon2BFitChick
02-02-2007, 10:11 AM
OMG! All those are great reasons. I love reading these. :book2:

Hmm.. mine for today is.. let me think...

I'm just so darn tired of being heavy and not having as much energy as I know I should have. I want this off of me very badly and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to lose it the right way and by the end of this year. :lifter:

That said.. I also like heels and have never been able to wear them due to my weight. When I got down to 210 or so I had worn some really cute chunky heels and the height it gave me helped me look even smaller. So for the vanity part, I'm losing for the high heels, ladies! :belly:

Mrs Quadcrew
02-02-2007, 10:50 AM
GREAT reasons everyone!!

My ONE reason for staying on plan today is.....

I lost another 3.5 pounds, and I want to keep that momentum up!! (only one more to go and I have LESS than 100 to loose!!):D

phantastica
02-02-2007, 10:56 AM
My one reason for staying on plan today is that I want the jeans I'm wearing to be loose enough to wear long underwear under them! Brrrr!

LakeGirl
02-02-2007, 11:07 AM
My one reason for staying on plan today is...

...that this is a day by day process and I have nothing else to focus on but today. We'll deal with tomorrow when it gets here. :)

Casey4
02-02-2007, 11:32 AM
I want to have a great active summer with my girls. DH takes them hiking and exploring and I always beg off because it would be hard with the baby. However, the real reason has been that I couldn't keep up. My last "baby" is turning 2 this spring and loves to keep up with her sisters. I don't want to be remembered as the absent parent.

phantastica
02-02-2007, 11:39 AM
I don't want to be remembered as the absent parent.

Wow, this resonates with me.

wanna b thin
02-02-2007, 01:03 PM
I'm staying on plan today because I've worked too hard to get to where I'm atand I'm not going to blow it now.

cinderly
02-02-2007, 01:29 PM
I'm staying on plan today just to spite the catty coworkers who think I'm going to (and want me to) fail.

jennylou
02-02-2007, 02:40 PM
I'm staying on plan because the more I lose and firm, the better I'll look in a bathing suit this month!

starchild
02-02-2007, 04:38 PM
My ONE reason for staying on plan today is...

I'm really getting the hang of this new "lifestyle change!" And I like it!

SexyRevealed
02-02-2007, 09:05 PM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because I'm approaching the point where I usually give up and I don't want to be a quitter.

WindyCityChick
02-02-2007, 09:20 PM
I'm staying on plan today because my double chin is finally disappearing, and I don't miss it!

shelby897
02-02-2007, 11:11 PM
A little early for tomorrow, but...

I'm staying on plan today because I'm a better mother when I'm sticking to it. My mood is better, I enjoy my kids more and -- when my youngest starts school next year -- I want to be the "hot" mom hanging around!!

shyheart01
02-03-2007, 03:25 AM
I'm staying on plan today because it's what I have to do to show my girls that being fat isn't their only choice in life. Almost everyone in our family is big and I want to show them that we can beat the odds.

TempleBody
02-03-2007, 09:15 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is that I've lost weight already and I want to loose moree. I want to see the scale drop drop drop!!! It feels soooo good. :D

WindyCityChick
02-03-2007, 10:36 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because my weigh-in this mornng shows that I'm only 11 pounds from ONEderland. That feels better than any food tastes!

beautifulone
02-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Rachel, it's great that you are so close! That goal definitely feels better than food tastes :D

The one reason I want to stay on track today is because I like having a healthy relationship with food.

rockinrobin
02-03-2007, 11:01 AM
I am so excited to be getting closer to my goal. It doesn't seem quite as unattainable as it once did. In fact it feels pretty darn obtainable.

Casey4
02-03-2007, 11:45 AM
I know longer feel sick and tired. I get up to start the day with energy. Even though I still have a long way to go I can tell how much my body likes having healthy fuel instead of garbage fuel.

LisaMarie71
02-03-2007, 12:28 PM
My one reason for staying on plan today is because I'm REALLY REALLY tempted to NOT stay on plan. I'm feeling a bit discouraged because I went for my 3-mile group run this morning even though I was sick, and then I fell and slammed my face into the side walk. I have a chipped front tooth, cut knees, and a very badly bruised face. It just seems like every time I try to do something, something like this cuts me down. I've been riding high on this weight loss and fitness thing for months, and then this happened and I really just want to cry and eat everything in sight. But I refuse to do that.

phantastica
02-03-2007, 12:56 PM
Oh, LisaMarie, I'm sorry to hear about your horrible morning! Your attitude is great, by refusing to get off plan over this. You won't regret that decision in the long run. :)

My reason for staying on plan today is because I need new bras and underwear soon, and I don't want to buy the same size.

boaterswife
02-03-2007, 01:25 PM
Lisa, hang in there! If you fall off plan today, you'll feel even worse. You CAN do this, I know you can!

My one reason for staying on plan today is because I feel good! Inside and out, not tired, not sluggish, not blah.....just good!

Newlifestyle
02-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Lisa, I hope you are okay.

My one reason for staying on plan today is, I can finally wear size 13 pants.....wow running sure paid off. It is truly amazing I put them on and zipped them up, I didn't even have to lie on the bed.

SexyRevealed
02-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Hugs Lisa! I hope you feel better.

The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because I'm setting a great example for my son. He's exercising with me, he's eating right, and that's making me so happy!

Soon2BFitChick
02-04-2007, 12:52 AM
Lisa! I'm so sorry that happened to you. I hope you feel lots better real soon. Hugs :hug:

I stayed on plan today (lol, I'm writing this b4 bed) because I remember that when I was about 20 lbs lighter than this, I felt darn good. I am really trying to get there. Then I'll have more energy to exercise and can lose even more then. :D

rockinrobin
02-04-2007, 08:08 AM
Awww Lisa, I'm so very sorry that you fell and hurt yourself. Bummer. I hope you're feeling better today. :hug:

I'm staying on plan today because:

My daughter is graduating from high school in June and there will be a bunch of people there I haven't seen in a long time - and I want to watch their jaws hang open. :D

Newlifestyle
02-04-2007, 09:34 AM
I am staying on plan today because I have reached my half way mark to goal and it feels good and the other half will feel even better.

Mrs Quadcrew
02-04-2007, 10:39 AM
Lisa - I am sorry to hear about your fall. I hope you are feeling better today.

The ONE reason I am staying on plan today:

Because my GOOD habits are rubbing off on the rest of my family now!!

beautifulone
02-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Lisa, ouch!! I hope you are feeling better with each passing day! I admire your determination - good for you :D:D:D

Mrs.Quadcrew, now that is fantastic!! You should be very proud of yourself :D

I don't know if I will be staying on plan today, but whatever I do eat, I am determined to eat only after I make the conscious choice to eat it - no out of control bingeing. And if I choose to eat it, I want to thoroughly enjoy it rather than inhaling it. So the reason I am staying "on plan" today, is because I do not want to get back into uncontrollable bingeing. I like feeling calmly about my eating and food.

Angihas2
02-04-2007, 01:30 PM
Lisa ~ So sorry you hurt yourself. Pamper yourself with a warm bath and relax, you CAN do this.

I'm staying on plan today because all of my t-shirts are way to big and I LIKE it. And, I also think its ******ed that since I'm losing weight, I've been wearing Hanes T's from Wal-Mart and because I need plus size, I have to pay an extra 2 bucks a shirt. PER SHIRT!!!! Forget that.

shelby897
02-04-2007, 02:40 PM
I'm staying on plan today because my 10-year anniversary is coming up in August and I want to look like I did 10 years ago (with the addition of a few gray hairs!!!)

EnglishMuffin
02-04-2007, 02:59 PM
Shelby I'm sure you'll look better than you did 10 years ago with or without the grey hairs.

I'm staying on the plan today because I want to run a 10K in October and I must must must lose a good 30lbs before I can start training.

EM

Soon2BFitChick
02-04-2007, 04:47 PM
I'm staying on plan today because I want out of the 200s!!! I am almost into the 220s, which of course I have to get thru to get to Onederland. So even tho it's Super Bowl, I'm eating healthy and I've been on the treadmill already. I'm not about to ruin my weight loss now.

LisaMarie71
02-04-2007, 06:23 PM
Thanks for all the sympathy, guys!! My face looks awful, but I'll live! :)

My one reason for staying on plan today is that I didn't stay on plan yesterday. I kind of planned to overdo it at this gathering last night, and then the fall kind of stressed me out so I did it for sure. It wasn't too bad, though, and I usually plan for a few "off-plan" meals here and there so I don't go crazy. Anyway, back to plan today!

SexyRevealed
02-04-2007, 08:46 PM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because I'm 2 weeks in now and this lifestyle change is starting to stick.

jennylou
02-04-2007, 09:59 PM
I'm staying on plan today because I want to hit the 240's soon! That's one less bar to move on a manual scale!

boaterswife
02-04-2007, 10:04 PM
I'm staying on plan today because DH has hinted "something big" for our 20th anniversary in September, and I want to be ready for whatever that surprise is! That includes being comfortable enough in my own skin to go where ever he wants, and not worry about being the fat chick there.

Lillibeth
02-05-2007, 06:44 AM
The one reason I am staying on plan today is that my mum and dad are coming to visit me in March and I want them to see that I am progressing. :hug:

rockinrobin
02-05-2007, 07:17 AM
LisaMarie, I'm glad you're on the mend. I hope you fully recover quickly. :hug:

:) I'm staying on plan today because I want to be a maintainer already and not have to worry about losing anymore. I am REALLY looking forward to maintenance. I'm sure they'll be more then enough for me to worry and obsess about when I get there.

boaterswife
02-05-2007, 08:02 AM
I'm staying on plan today because I never want to be the girl I was 6 months ago, ever again!

shelby897
02-05-2007, 09:22 AM
I am staying on plan today because I've been half-heartedly working on this for a year and I really need to get this thing going!! I'm also staying on plan today because I've been going to the YMCA for a year now at least 3 -5 days a week and I'm tired of wasting all that effort by overeating.

LisaMarie71
02-05-2007, 09:32 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is so that I have a good weigh-in tomorrow!! I wasn't able to work out as much as I normally do this past week, and I ate too much Saturday night. I weighed myself this morning and showed a 1-pound GAIN. I want that pound (and maybe another one) to go away by tomorrow. I know scales fluctuate like crazy, so we'll see what happens!

GirlyGirlSebas
02-05-2007, 09:40 AM
The One reason I'm staying on plan today - Because I want to travel and enjoy life when I retire....not just sit around watching TV all day!

sharonrr
02-05-2007, 09:46 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is to get into the pants I bought which are one size too small.

Casey4
02-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Little Taryn has a stomach virus and for some reason in the past when the kids are sick it is a great reason for me to binge. :o Today I am proving to myself that I am in control and my choice is to stay on plan1

jennylou
02-05-2007, 11:43 AM
I'm staying OP today because I have a few pair of shorts and capris that are a little tight (great change from couldn't button them before) that I'd like to be a bit looser in two weeks on our cruise. :D

SexyRevealed
02-05-2007, 01:28 PM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because SUMMER IS COMING! Even though it's the coldest day of the year here in Philly, summer is just around the corner, and I want to lose weight so I can get out and enjoy some warm weather activities!

wanna b thin
02-05-2007, 02:12 PM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is so I don't have a gain at WI since I overate at a Superbowl gathering last night.

phantastica
02-05-2007, 02:37 PM
The ONE reason I'm staying on plan today is .... because I'm in a good groove and if I don't I'll likely spiral a different direction. :)

sexybrokechick
02-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Even though I just binged on two subs from Subway, the ONE reason why I'm getting back on plan is that my jeans aren't as tight. *heads over to the exercise bike*

Angihas2
02-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Today I have put absolutely zero preservatives or other assorted trash into my system. I feel great and I'm not hungry. I love this feeling!

Soon2BFitChick
02-05-2007, 05:42 PM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is that I lost 2 pounds this last week and I don't want to gain them right back! :goodscale:

If I can just keep this momentum and continue to lose til summertime, I'll be one happy, happy chick! :dance:

Karma27
02-05-2007, 07:39 PM
My reason for staying OP today is I weighed in today and I am down 4 pounds. Now that's motivation :cheer:
Stilettos here I come
http://www.fredericks.com/images/1/12007_86_thm_a_6600.jpg

jennylou
02-05-2007, 09:16 PM
WTG karma and selena!

WindyCityChick
02-05-2007, 11:07 PM
My one reason for staying on plan today is because it was my first day at a new job - and this is a group of people that does not know what I looked like 65 pounds ago! I plan to make sure they never see such a sight.

Unfortunately, I can see temptation ahead - couldn't help noticing the kitchen has snacks available for the taking at any time (popcorn, gold fish crackers, etc.). Must remain strong!

Lillibeth
02-06-2007, 06:02 AM
The one reason I am staying on plan today is that I have found out that I am going to be working in Orange County from May onwards (I'm currently working in Belguim) and I wan't to feel comfy in my skin on the beach and around all those body beautiful people!

boaterswife
02-06-2007, 09:04 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because DD has a four day competition in Cincinatti starting this Friday. I know the food choices there stink and while I plan to stay on plan there, I want to make sure I do the best that I can in the days leading up to it!

GirlyGirlSebas
02-06-2007, 09:11 AM
My One reason today: Because I have been struggling to stay on-plan for the last two days and I refuse to let my old habits take control again! Its time to stand up for myself and my new healthier lifestyle!

sharonrr
02-06-2007, 09:18 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today. My older sister is planning a family bike trip in September and I refuse to be the fattest family member attending and the youngest.

Soon2BFitChick
02-06-2007, 09:32 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because I'm sick with a cold and I can't taste anyway! Ha! (Among many other reasons. :D)

rockinrobin
02-06-2007, 09:41 AM
Last week I brought 2 really nice long denim skirts to the tailor that were waaay to big on me. She pinned them up to where they were skin tight. I told her however she pinned it, make them another 6 inches smaller each. Now I'm thinking what the heck was I thinking? My weight is not coming off as quickly as it was and even so I'm sure I won't be dropping sizes like I was and who the heck knows if I can get that many more inches off my waist and hips. The cost of the alterations was $40.00 and I absolutely LOVE these skirts. So, I had best stay on plan today to avoid making a big, gigantic boo-boo.

Soon2BFitChick
02-06-2007, 09:58 AM
Robin, you have steadily lost since I have been back here. I keep seeing your number get smaller and smaller! It'll work out!

Cheryl14
02-06-2007, 11:23 AM
Hey Robin!

I second Selina! You are dropping those pounds FAST, girl! Also, I think inches tend to come off even faster than pounds! Six inches...PIECE OF CAKE, Robin!

There's nothing like a cute piece of clothing stuck in your mind to keep ya on the straight and narrow!!!

Cheryl

Cheryl14
02-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Got so excited about Robin's cute skirts that I forgot to add my reason for staying on plan today!

I'm staying on plan today because I have just SIX more pounds until I see ONEderland for the first time in TWENTY YEARS!:carrot:

Cheryl

Casey4
02-06-2007, 11:32 AM
I am wearing a pair of pants I haven't worn since I was pregnant with Taryn. I know I can do this.

LisaMarie71
02-06-2007, 11:56 AM
My one reason today is the same as Cheryl's -- I'm SIX pounds away from Onederland!

Mrs Quadcrew
02-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Lisa and Cheryl- you are soooo close to onederland!!! WOOHOO!!!

SexyRevealed
02-06-2007, 03:43 PM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because I'm so inspired by all of the success on this board. You ladies are completely amazing, and I'm realizing that I'm amazing too, so I am sure to have success like all of you.

Soon2BFitChick
02-06-2007, 11:22 PM
OMG Lisa and Cheryl! I am excited for y'all! You are almost there! Yay! So close! I can't wait to get back there too! I'm cheering for you both!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

rockinrobin
02-07-2007, 08:23 AM
Oh thank you so much Selina and Cheryl for your vote of confidence. Those skirts are supposed to be ready for today. I'm not so sure I even want to pick them up. I'm a bit nervous to see them.

Today's ONE reason for staying on plan is:

I was sitting on my daughter's bed last night and her door was closed so I was facing her full length mirror. Well I gotta tell you, I look a whole lot better standing up then I do sitting. Somehow when you're sitting everything kinda spreads out. Do you know what I mean? So anyway, sitting there last night and looking in the mirror, well yeah - I've still got quite a bit of work to do. Quite a bit. :stress:

GirlyGirlSebas
02-07-2007, 09:10 AM
My One reason for staying on plan today: I am in the process or doing a 'clean sweep' of my dresser drawers and closet in my bedroom. I have found several T-shirts that I absolutely love and haven't been able to wear for a while. Most are size XL and I even have a couple that are size L. I really really want to be able to wear these shirts again. That will be concrete proof that I am succeeding.

jennylou
02-07-2007, 09:15 AM
Because I'm getting close to dropping into the 240's and out of the 250's forever!

sharonrr
02-07-2007, 09:24 AM
Hi Everyone, The one reason I'm staying on plan today is: I want to for myself and my health. No more doing it for others I want it for me.:carrot:

Angihas2
02-07-2007, 09:29 AM
I'm staying on plan today, because we're moving to Orange Beach, Alabama in October or thereabouts, and there's no WAY I'm going to live that close to the beach <everything is 2 miles from the beach, it's a narrow strip of land in the Gulf Coast>, and NOT take advantage of it. My daughter and I watch the sunrise via webcam everyday and I think when we move, it's something we'll do in person everyday, so I want to be able to walk the beach and collect starfish and shells with my daughter!

Mrs Quadcrew
02-07-2007, 10:16 AM
My ONE reason for staying on plan today is....

I am only 2 pounds away from having to lose LESS than 100 pounds, and I want to see that this Friday!!

LisaMarie71
02-07-2007, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the encouragement, Mrs. Quadcrew and Soon2B!! :)

My one reason for staying on plan today is that I want to actually wear weather-appropriate clothes this summer for the first time in AGES. I almost always wear 3/4-length or long sleeves no matter how hot it is, and I haven't worn shorts in public in forever. People always ask "Aren't you burning up?" and I just think...Are you stupid? OBVIOUSLY I would wear skimpier clothes if I could!

zoritsa
02-07-2007, 10:34 AM
I'm staying on plan today because I've done good all week and I don't want ruin the success I've had and have to start all over.

Casey4
02-07-2007, 10:41 AM
because my brain isn't foggy any more. The food I eat fuels my body and mind so I function the way I am supposed to!

Soon2BFitChick
02-07-2007, 10:50 AM
I have been there and heard that before Lisa. I don't wear shorts in public. But in 2005 when I got down to 198 for maybe one day or so, lol, I did and I wore sleeveless tops and babydoll tops and got compliments all the time. But I had also made a point to do toning exercises on my arms and that in turn made my shoulders better and that area of me looked better then than they had my whole life. I have pictures to prove it. Arms are still ok. Lost about 3 inches around them back then and they are just less toned now. So I know I'll be happy at 177 if I was somewhat happy at 198... But is enough ever enough? Ah well, we'll see!

Enough rambling! :soap: My reason for staying on plan today is that I will not have my hair cut until I'm under 200. And it's longer now than ever and needs a trim but I just keep it in a ponytail or bun every day anyway. The more incentives I have the better. :cb:

phantastica
02-07-2007, 10:56 AM
The ONE reason I'm staying on plan today is ... because something completely unrelated to weight is bothering me (boy problems), and when I get over this obstacle I want to be a few pounds thinner instead of eating my problems away and being a few pounds heavier.

rockinrobin
02-08-2007, 08:34 AM
Very good friends of mine are being honored at a dinner Sunday night. A fancy one at that. It cost $200 a couple, which I really didn't feel like spending, but thought that I absolutely MUST be in attendance. She's one of my closest, closest friends. There will be lots and lots of food there and I wanna say that I would like to get my money's worth, but........ We shall see what happens. So I must be extra vigilant this week just in case Sunday night rolls around and I DO feel I must get my money's worth. I'm thinking though that I've already spent the money, why penalize myself further and eat more then is healthy.

jennylou
02-08-2007, 09:10 AM
I'm staying on plan today because I have several pair of pants/jeans/capris that are tight right now, that I want to fit nicely. :)

sharonrr
02-08-2007, 09:15 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today: I like the way I feel for the first time in a long time.

TempleBody
02-08-2007, 09:35 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today: I am tired of feeling like an old woman!

Soon2BFitChick
02-08-2007, 10:10 AM
The one reason I am staying on plan today is that I'm still sick, my throat hurts and eating just doesn't matter. So yay! Oh and one of my shirts is way looser than it was a month ago. I want to keep in that direction. :dance:

GirlyGirlSebas
02-08-2007, 10:14 AM
My One reason today: Because I refuse to give up. I'm going through a rough patch, but I'll make it through and be slimmer on the other side!

Angihas2
02-08-2007, 10:34 AM
My reason to stay on plan today is I am 40 pounds from being in the "normal weight range" for my height/build. This morning, while brushing my teeth, I was doing the visual inspection I'm sure most of us do, as well as the hands on, to see where I've lost weight. I noticed the top of my hips where they meet the spin, in the back, has suddenly and sharply turned in, and is laying flat with this nice cording of muscle surrounding it. It's sexy, my collarbones are sexy, my shoulders are nmice, round and TONED. I'm seeing the physical results of my work-outs and eating better and I like it!

phantastica
02-08-2007, 11:11 AM
The ONE reason I'm saying on plan for the REST of the day is ... because I already got off plan this morning. I didn't have any milk in the house for my coffee, so I stopped at Starbucks for a coffee. And a 500-calorie scone. :(

Casey4
02-08-2007, 11:13 AM
because I want to be able to say I did. I like being able to say I have been on plan for 36 days. :carrot:

Mrs Quadcrew
02-08-2007, 11:37 AM

Because I weigh in tomorrrow and I LOVE seeing those numbers go DOWN. (and I just need 2 pounds off for me to need to loose less than 100!!)

LisaMarie71
02-08-2007, 01:11 PM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is that I overate a bit yesterday and I'm too sick to work out. I've been sick for two weeks, and I think I need to stop trying to work out in spite of the sickness and actually go to the doctor!!

SexyRevealed
02-08-2007, 04:16 PM
Lisa, get well soon!

The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because I haven't been doing cardio like I should (and I NEED cardio to be successful). So I absolutely MUST continue to eat clean while I'm getting my exercise act together.

Soon2BFitChick
02-09-2007, 09:40 AM
G'morning! :coffee:

My reason for staying on plan today is that I feel smaller and I won't let anything ruin that. I want back into the clothes I bought when I was around 215. :goodscale: I guess my real next goal is 215. Then on to Onederland! :cheer:

rockinrobin
02-09-2007, 09:44 AM
I want so badly to get out of the 190's. That's all. For today anyway.

GirlyGirlSebas
02-09-2007, 09:57 AM
The One reason I'm staying on plan today: I have a doctor's appointment on Monday. This is the followup appointment for my labwork. At the previous appointment, I told him I was on Southbeach. He was telling me that Southbeach was okay, but he has a diet he puts his patient's on that really works. Of course, it costs a fortune and I absolutely refuse to pay that kind of money for a diet ever again! I want them to see a great loss when I get on the scales Monday!

phantastica
02-09-2007, 10:24 AM
The ONE reason I'm staying on plan today is that I love my body and I want it to feel as good as possible.

Mrs Quadcrew
02-09-2007, 10:31 AM
The ONE reason I am staying on plan today is.....that I weighed in and am down another 3 pounds!! ONLY 97 to go now - and I am not letting anything get in my way!!!:carrot: (I can't remember the last time I was in the 240's - and only 8 pounds to go and I will be in the 230's....)

LisaMarie71
02-09-2007, 11:28 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because I'm only 40 pounds from goal. 40 pounds is a lot, but I've just lost 70 so I know I can do it. I know it gets harder the closer you get to goal, but I'm just excited to say I only have 40 pounds to lose! For so long it's been this huge number that seemed impossible, and 40 sounds completely doable!

Casey4
02-09-2007, 11:57 AM
because it is not just a plan it is my life now. It is what I do!

wanna b thin
02-09-2007, 12:12 PM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because tomorrow is WI and according to my scales this moring it will be a gain. It's been a tough week, a few too many left overs from SuperBowl party at my house.

SexyRevealed
02-09-2007, 09:46 PM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because I'm starting to care about myself now. I'm doing facials and wearing makeup again. I'm starting to wear my hair down instead of throwing it into a ponytail. I'm liking the new me, and it only gets better!

TempleBody
02-10-2007, 09:08 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today...

I want to find decent clothes this summer.

GirlyGirlSebas
02-10-2007, 09:47 AM
My One reason for today: I'm taking my daughters shopping and I might try on a few things myself. I want the sizes to get smaller and smaller over the coming months.

phantastica
02-10-2007, 11:35 AM
The one reason - I woke up with back pain. This doesn't happen when I'm carrying less weight.

Lots and lots of good reasons here!

rockinrobin
02-10-2007, 11:36 AM
I actually felt muscle, muscle, yes I said muscle on the back of my thighs. What a great feeling. And oh so new. So I'll stay on plan today so that I can continue to feel more of the great stuff!! (It feels soooo much better then fat!) :running: :running: :running:

Casey4
02-10-2007, 12:09 PM
because so many people have illness and challenges in there life that they have no choice about. Staying on plan to give myself a healthy and fit body is a choice I can make. I owe it to myself.

Penney
02-10-2007, 12:17 PM
Because I weigh-in on the 16th and want to be able to make happy sounds :yes: and not growls :nono:.

LisaMarie71
02-10-2007, 02:23 PM
What a great reason, Casey!

My one reason today is that I'm STILL sick and the doctor told me not to work out until I'm better. So I have to make sure I stay on plan with my eating.

Soon2BFitChick
02-11-2007, 12:04 AM
The reason I stayed on plan today is that I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally want to have a good weigh in on Monday. I'm PMSing so it could actually show a gain bc of water I always hold. But I'd love to see at least 1 pound down for it to be so close to TTOM. We'll see! I have read that the only real day to weigh yourself is 7 days AFTER you start your period. They said that is a true weight with no water being held or whatever. I don't know! Whatever! Either way, I am worried about Monday. I feel bloated already. :sumo:

rockinrobin
02-11-2007, 08:05 AM
Casey I used to think about that all the time. I used to think how unfortunate people were to get cancers and other horrible diseases. And (thankfully) I would here of so many people who overcame such horrible things with flying colors. I would think they didn't ask for these things and look how they won their battles. Why the heck can't I win MY battle. It IS within my control and TOTALLY brought on by myself. My battle is nothing, nothing compared to those with diseases and the such.

Anyway, my ONE reason for staying on plan today is:
Aww, what the heck, I'll go with Casey and what I just wrote above. It's certainly a good enough reason to stay on plan today and everyday. Thanks for reminding us Casey.

LisaMarie71
02-11-2007, 02:20 PM
My one reason for staying on plan today is because I really really want to hit Onederland, and my sickness has probably delayed that a bit. I hope not, but we'll see when I weigh in on Tuesday.

jennylou
02-11-2007, 02:23 PM
I'm staying OP today b/c I weigh daily (but only count Wed as official WI) and I've hit the 240's, I want to see the 240's come Wednesday so that I can log that weight and be done with the 250's!

WindyCityChick
02-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Like LisaMarie, I'm staying on plan today to help me get to onederland. So close I can practically taste it! Unfortunately, I'm PMS'ing, so I think I'll be retaining water for a few days here - but I hope whatever I do by exercising and eating right will show up on the scale when the water retention stops.

phantastica
02-11-2007, 02:41 PM
The ONE reason I'm staying on plan today is: because I want to be a roller-derby girl.

rockinrobin
02-12-2007, 10:01 AM
Because I went to a huge, huge gigantic dinner last night honoring some friends. There was more food there you can possibly imagine. Actually too much, waaay too much. I kept thinking what a colossal waste it was, what a shame all the excess wasn't going to needy people. Anyway if I stayed on plan there last night, geez I can stay on plan today for sure. (I think ;) )

LisaMarie71
02-12-2007, 10:38 AM
My one reason today is because it feels really good to wear size 16 pants comfortably, and I'm looking forward to the next size!

Casey4
02-12-2007, 10:40 AM
because my clothes are getting bigger and I think my face is getting smaller.:carrot:

RockinRobin and LisaMarie: I have heard of so many people lately fighting serious illnesses with grace and courage! It is very hard to think about people who want to live so much and have to fight very, very hard to do so. I would like to think that I would show such will to live. However, up until now I have take my body and health for granted. This battle is a battle I should be fighting with energy and gratitude for all I have been blessed with.

RockinRobin: One more thing! You are flying through those 190's! What a great job staying on plan!

Kathy

beautifulone
02-12-2007, 12:21 PM
The one reason I am staying on plan today is because I don't have any junk in the house and I'm not about to step outside! :lol: No, actually it's because I have no desire to go off plan, not craving it and not wanting to do it :D

phantastica
02-12-2007, 12:39 PM
The ONE reason I'm staying on plan today is: because I invested a lot of time and energy yesterday to plan and prepare my meal plan and I don't want to mess it up!

GirlyGirlSebas
02-12-2007, 12:41 PM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today: My inlaws know we are dieting...but, I don't think they believe we will stick with it. I want to lose a ton of weight and wow everybody the next time I see them!

Mrs Quadcrew
02-12-2007, 03:44 PM
My ONE reason for staying on plan today is:

We are taking our ATV's to Utah (1800 miles one way for us!) in August and are going to ride them all the way down to Bryce Canyon - riding over 120 miles on them per day, and I want to be in good shape for the ride!

Soon2BFitChick
02-12-2007, 07:43 PM
The reason I've stayed on plan today... (can y'all tell I usually get to these threads at nite on weekends, so I have to speak in past tense!?! LOL. Dh and dkids are home the whole time and leaves little time for me. At least I'm keeping myself priority enough to stay on plan and exercise.) .... is because I'm in the 220s now and want out of them!!! So therefore, I forge ahead! :woops:

And I lost two pounds! Yay! :dance: Hope I can lose two this week too, I'd be happy with that. :goodscale:

Looks like you all are doing well too! Congrats!!! :congrat:

SexyRevealed
02-12-2007, 08:51 PM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because I'm having another moody day for no reason. I felt good after I exercised, now I just feel horrible. I think I'm tired and that's why I'm cranky. But at least I stayed OP!!!!

GirlyGirlSebas
02-12-2007, 09:36 PM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because I'm having another moody day for no reason.

Isnt it crazy?! I've been feeling down today, too. And I can find absolutely no reason for my mood. Good for you for staying on-plan! I've been ok...not exactly on-plan 100%, but not totally off either.

Casey4
02-13-2007, 10:13 AM
I am about a foot shorter than my DH and I want him to be able to lift me right off the ground!:devil:

Soon2BFitChick
02-13-2007, 10:23 AM
The reason I am staying on plan today is that I measured my body this a.m. and found 3 and 1/4 inches are gone from just last week! :carrot:

So... I don't want to go back. I want to keep shrinking. :D

LisaMarie71
02-13-2007, 11:24 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because I'm very very close to having an "overweight" BMI instead of an "obese" one and I can't wait!!

rockinrobin
02-13-2007, 02:43 PM
I promised myself when I'm at goal, or at least very close to goal, that I would treat myself to a makeover at a department store. And then purchase all the products. I'm really looking forward to it.

rockinrobin
02-14-2007, 07:41 AM
Okay this is weird cause my yesterday's post and today's post are one after the other. Is it just me or is it real quite here lately? Hmmm.

The ONE reason I'm staying on plan today is:

I am soooo curious to see how I am going to look/feel with another 10 lbs gone, and then 20 and 30 and so on and so. Real curious.

GirlyGirlSebas
02-14-2007, 08:27 AM
My One reason today: Because I want to wear something really sexy next Valentine's day...and feel confident wearing it.

Yes, Robin...things are a bit quiet. I'm hoping that most of us stay commited to changing our lifestyles. This is a great group.

Lillibeth
02-14-2007, 08:43 AM
The one reason I am staying on plan today is that yesterday my boss complimented me on how well I was looking (and that's with only 10lbs gone) - I want to hear what she has to say in another 40lbs time! :carrot:

Soon2BFitChick
02-14-2007, 09:57 AM
G'morning! :coffee:

The reason I am staying on plan today is that it's Valentine's Day! :hug: That's a good enough reason I think. A day for love. How about giving ourselves the love we always so happily give away to others? I'm wearing pink today. It reminds me of Easter.. another reason... bc at Easter I see all my aunts and uncles, etc... and I plan to be way down by then... So Imma love myself today and feed myself great, healthy foods and smile a lot. :D The baby and I are going to my son's party at school. He can't wait bc he wants to show off his baby. LOL. :D So cute, that's what he calls her. :bb:

Hope you all have a special Valentine's Day today! :grouphug: (My dh collects coins and I have bought some neat ones off ebay and I'm making a scavenger hunt for him in the house to find them all tonight with the kids. LOL)

Mrs Quadcrew
02-14-2007, 10:11 AM
I am still here too!!! You all can't drive me away with a truck!!:D

'Cuz it isn't a "plan" anymore - it is my LIFE! The 23rd of this month will be my 8 week anniversary of the new ME ~ and I know everything in my life is BETTER now!

rockinrobin
02-15-2007, 08:24 AM
We're having some rough icy, snowy weather here and my snow boots are shot beyond belief. I want to buy some new ones. But I won't till I'm much closer to goal. Need to get rid of the calves first. I am really looking forward to a new pair. *sigh*

GirlyGirlSebas
02-15-2007, 08:48 AM
The One reason I'm staying on plan today: Because if I don't get my act together, my weigh-in might show a gain for this week. I've just not been as focused as I need to be.

Mrs Quadcrew
02-15-2007, 10:31 AM
My ONE reason for staying on plan today is: I only have 2 pounds to loose to make it 25 (which is 1/5 of my total I need to loose!!) I'll be 1/5 of the way there, only 4 more times of doing this to get to my goal!!! I CAN do that!!

jennylou
02-15-2007, 10:53 AM
I'm staying OP today because I look and feel better than I have in years. :) Also, it doesn't hurt when clothes are starting to fit better too!

TempleBody
02-15-2007, 11:49 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today: I didn't stick on plan yesterday!

phantastica
02-15-2007, 11:51 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today: I didn't stick on plan yesterday!

Ditto!

Soon2BFitChick
02-15-2007, 11:55 AM
I'm staying on plan today for my kids. I want them to be proud of me and for us to stay a very active family. They love sports and if I lose more I will like sports more too. I do like them but I'm not very good, having always been heavy. So this is my chance. :dance:

Have a great day!!! :carrot:

LisaMarie71
02-15-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm staying on plan today because so many annoying little stressful things keep happening that make me want to go OFF plan, and I just refuse. First there was the respiratory infection that wouldn't go away (and still hasn't), then there was the fall in which I slammed my cheekbone, knees, and tooth into the pavement (having a CAT scan for that today), and then there was the ice storm that knocked out our electricity Tuesday night (it's still not back). All these things make it not only difficult for me to work out like I need to but also make me want to eat about 9000 chocolate cookies. I refuse, though. I don't care WHAT stressful stuff comes my way -- I'm sticking to this.

rockinrobin
02-15-2007, 12:45 PM
Oh LisaMarie, you certainly HAVE had a great deal of stress. My heart goes out to you. I hope your cat scan goes well, will be sending you some good vibes. I hope they get your electricity back on promptly. You are a trooper and you can get through anything. Hang tough. Try not to be so hard on yourself, you are certainly going through a rough patch. Hugs.

Casey4
02-15-2007, 12:55 PM
I feel sooo very good! I almost don't even have to think about making it a choice. I just do it. Gotta love that!

Sending you hugs LisaMarie :hug: :hug: I think you are a champ for treating your body so well during such a stressful time!

Kathy

shelby897
02-15-2007, 01:03 PM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is because I joined a challenge on another thread, and It's very important to me to start taking this hugh challenge and breaking it up into little goals to make it more doable. So, I'm off to lose 10 lbs by Apirl 1st!!

GirlyGirlSebas
02-15-2007, 01:58 PM
I don't care WHAT stressful stuff comes my way -- I'm sticking to this.

Good for you! I am so impressed by your attitude...I want to be like you when I grow up. :)

beautifulone
02-15-2007, 03:53 PM
LisaMarie - what an awesome attitude, good for you!!

Everyone - I really like this thread. Reading about all of your reasons inspires me. I'm so glad that so many of us here are interested in being healthy not just thin. It's one of those things that I really appreciate reading :)

As for myself, the one reason I am staying on plan today is because there is simply no reason to drive myself to illness. Enough people are ill in this world. I want to have the strength to help others to become healthy rather than needlessly cause myself to get sick.

LisaMarie71
02-15-2007, 07:17 PM
Thanks for your responses, everyone! Rhonda, yours cracked me up -- I definitely don't feel like a grownup yet. When will I? I'm 35 and I still feel like a little kid half the time. :lol:

beautifulone, you have a GREAT reason for staying on plan today. I think about that a lot too. With my little sickness this month and my fall, I was thinking how nice it is that I don't have anything SERIOUS wrong with me. I had my CAT scan today and it was fine, just a quick whiz through the machine and they said nothing looked abnormal, and I thought...how nice that I don't have to do things like this very often. How lucky I am that I haven't had any major health problems even though I haven't always taken care of myself!!

TempleBody
02-16-2007, 08:45 AM
I want to improve the quality of my life!!

rockinrobin
02-16-2007, 08:48 AM
I am so close and excited for my next goal, 187 lbs, which will be 100 lbs lost. Real, real, real excited. Even more so then ONEderland.

Angihas2
02-16-2007, 08:53 AM
Today I didn't wake up sore. That's the first time since I started excersizing again. YAY!! I woke up feeling strong and healthy. I watched my kids chasing the dog in the snow this morning and before I realised it, I was out the chasing the kids chasing the dog. And I wasn't huffing and puffing for air.

sharonrr
02-16-2007, 08:56 AM
The one reason I'm staying with my new healthstyle is I don't remember the last time I felt this good and I don't want it to stop.

Soon2BFitChick
02-16-2007, 09:54 AM
Today my reason is that I can't wait for my thighs to stop rubbing together!!!

LOL. It's true. And I think that they had stopped when I hit about 205 or so in 2005. So that's certainly a mini goal for me. I guess my goals are 215, which is when some more of my clothes will fit. Then 199, to be in wonderful Onederland. Then 189 to hit the 180s. Then 177 for 100 lbs off! (Robin I am so with you on this. I can't wait!)

Oh and yesterday I signed up for the NWCR, The National Weight Control Registry. The only requirements are to have lost at least 30 pounds and kept them off for a year. I was at 277 then lost to 198. I slowly gained some back, but never went back up past 243 so I was barely in. LOL. Anyhoo, they just send you things to fill out so they can study how ppl do it successfully. Just being in it makes me more motivated to keep this off and lose more. If you want to join, it's easy to find online. Just search the name. I'm not sure of the exact address and the baby is wanting me so I gotta go! :D

Have a great day! :cb:

GirlyGirlSebas
02-16-2007, 10:38 AM
My One reason for today: Because my life is stressful right now and I don't want to slip back into old habits. This is the new me....strong and in-control!

phantastica
02-16-2007, 10:43 AM
The ONE reason I'm staying on plan today is: because I exercised last night and it felt good! :D

Mrs Quadcrew
02-16-2007, 11:00 AM

I have LOST 25 POUNDS now!!! That is such a freakin' big deal to me ~ a quarter of 100 pounds is GONE!!! Now I am gonna work on that next 25 and I am soooo excited about it that I can't hardly stand myself!!:D

Casey4
02-16-2007, 11:13 AM
because I am worth it. I deserve it and I am doing it.

LisaMarie71
02-16-2007, 11:30 AM
I'm staying on plan today because I have to get back on track with my training for the 10k, and my eating has to be healthy so I can be strong enough to run! I have a 4-mile group run tomorrow, and I haven't run since last Tuesday because of my sickness! Ack! I've never run 4 miles without stopping in my entire life, so I imagine I'll be walking at least a mile of that!

rockinrobin
02-17-2007, 10:15 AM
Because the thought of going off my plan terrifies and repulses me. It's just not an option. It's not.

LisaMarie71
02-17-2007, 12:42 PM
I'm staying on plan today for the same reason I always do lately -- because I can't wait to finally hit Onederland!!! I'm going to be SO excited when I see a 1 on the scale where I've seen a 2 for so many years!

Soon2BFitChick
02-17-2007, 01:57 PM
I'm staying on plan today because I am so thrilled to be in the 220s again! :hyper: I had allowed the weight to slowly creep back up to 243 over this last year. It was almost like I didn't connect the scale to myself. I knew I was gaining, but it was like I was just moving along on a conveyor belt with no control. I wasn't overeating much, maybe 300 cals a day now that I look back on it. But then I realize, that's equal to a pound about every 11 or 12 days. All year. Not good. I was just so busy at all times. I just had to grab whatever and altho I remember making healthy choices alot and feeling bad when I didn't, I never really had a chance to stop long enough to help myself. :stress:

But I'm back and I will not let anything stop me. I am going to leave the 200s in the next few months and I'm NOT GOING BACK THERE EVER AGAIN!! :snooty:

Sorry to shout, but it really is important to me!!!! LOL. :cheer:

Big hugs everybody, you are all doing so great. I am so happy to be here and be able to do this along with you. :grouphug:

Angihas2
02-17-2007, 02:09 PM
I'm staying on track today because I finally got a good night sleep. Like 14 houra. I've been reading alot on how adequate sleep is not just needed for good health, it's needed for weight loss. In my mind, it helps me to think that my muscles need time to recuperate, rest, my body has to be able to know that it will get adequate sleep so it can let go of some of this energy<fat> because it's not needed. I woke up this morning weighin 3 pounds less than I have in 4 weeks, and I am so excited. Even if on my official weigh in day of Monday, I haven't lost it all, the fact I saw 222, means the weight loss is coming. So, I'm staying on track because 199 is getting closer, everyday.

beautifulone
02-17-2007, 05:19 PM
The one reason I am staying on plan today is because this is the direction I want to take my life in and I am so fortunate to have the power to do this. Living a healthy lifestyle is a priority, losing weight is a priority, living life being myself and not hiding behind my obesity is a priority. The longer that I continue my healthy lifestyle of exercise, calm, healthy eating, and losing weight (as it is so now), the more alive I am becoming - and nothing trumps that.. this is for me, this is for life, and this is my life.. I want to live it fully :)

shelby897
02-17-2007, 05:35 PM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today is -- even with my clothes on -- I'm out of the 240's -- FOREVER!! Yeah!! This is finally working and I'm comfortable with what I'm doing. -- :D

rockinrobin
02-18-2007, 08:40 AM
The ONE reason I'm staying on plan today is because I love my plan. I love everything about it. My plan will take me to my weight and health goals and then keep me there. My plan is smart and makes sense. I am never hungry and always satisfied. It's full of good and healthy foods in normal sized portions. I only wish I would have started it years and years ago.

Newlifestyle
02-18-2007, 09:38 AM
The one reason I am staying on plan today is because it is now my new lifestyle and the choice I am making. There are a lot of great posts here.
Ann

LisaMarie71
02-18-2007, 10:13 AM
I'm staying on plan today because I've got a new mini-goal in mind... I want to be 190 when I run my 10k on March 31. My mother, brother, and sister-in-law are coming to visit that weekend, and I want them to see me when I'm at least 10 pounds into Onederland. If I hit 190, I'll be able to say that I've lost 85 pounds and finished a 10k! :) That will be a WONDERFUL feeling.

oldwriter
02-19-2007, 09:12 AM
That's a wonderful goal Lisa!

I staying on the plan today because it took me a whole month to get back on it after an emotional upset and I DO NOT want to lose that much precious time again! :)

Mrs Quadcrew
02-19-2007, 09:18 AM

I am now wearing 2 sizes smaller than I was 7 weeks ago....and I want to wear a NORMAL size this time next year!!

rockinrobin
02-19-2007, 09:22 AM
Mrs. Quadcrew - THAT IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Simply fantastic.

I am staying on plan today because I am so close to being able to share clothing with my daughters, especially my oldest (19) who, yes is the heaviest at about 135 lbs, 5 fit 1 inch. They all love my clothes and also can't wait to share clothes with me. Too cool.

GirlyGirlSebas
02-19-2007, 09:28 AM
My One reason for today: Because I refuse to give up again!

Soon2BFitChick
02-19-2007, 09:36 AM
Wow!! All of you are doing so well!! I love it! :cp:

My reason for staying on plan is I have lost two more inches this week and I want to keep going!!

I only lost 1.5 lbs this week. But I guess it could have been worse. One thing that is bothering me though is that I have stayed on plan since the last week of January. And I usually lose only 2 lbs a week or less. A friend of mine eats lots more calories and loses the same. I wonder if all the losing and gaining has made it so much worse for me? I'm eating 1200-1400 cals with up to 30 gms of fat or so. I think because I'm not drinking enough water I'm holding it or something. Ah well, I am still happy to have lost any. :D

Have a great day!! :cb:

LisaMarie71
02-19-2007, 11:59 AM
I'm staying on plan today because I'm worried that I'll have a bad weigh-in tomorrow morning. I weighed yesterday and I was 204, and today I was 205 (eek!) I hope it looks different tomorrow. I've stayed strictly on plan all week and I've run nearly 10 miles in the last 3 days!

Angihas2
02-19-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm staying on plan today because I finally broke my stall. Finally. It was a 5 lb loss, which tells me I was holding onto it. My body is comfortable at this weight, but I've got a newsflash for it, I've upped my cals, increased water and started being more diligent about working out.

boaterswife
02-19-2007, 02:59 PM
I'm staying on plan today because I'm heading to the mall to purchase my next pair of motivational jeans......my 12's came out of the closet yesterday, so I'm off to purchase a pair of 10's to work towards!!!!!

GirlyGirlSebas
02-19-2007, 06:14 PM
I'm staying on plan today because I'm heading to the mall to purchase my next pair of motivational jeans......my 12's came out of the closet yesterday, so I'm off to purchase a pair of 10's to work towards!!!!!

Wow! Size 10...that number really sounds nice, huh?:)

Penney
02-19-2007, 06:29 PM
OMG - You all are doing so wonderful!!!!! Way to go on the smaller jeans! And the lost poundage! And the running! And the lost inches! And the refusing to quit! Pats on the back all the way around!!!!

Admittedly - my reason today for staying on plan is petty.

My reason is because I want to shove my success in someone's face and make them eat their words.

Petty - Well Yes!

Shallow - UH-HUH!

Tactless - Yeah, I suppose so!

Do I care - at this moment - NOT EVEN CLOSE

I will probably come back - look at the post and feel stupid - but right now - I am so frustrated - that just being able to type it in makes me feel better.

EmmaGabysMum
02-19-2007, 06:38 PM
I'm staying on the plan today, becuase I want to have lost 5kg by St Patty's day - 3.4kg to go!

WindyCityChick
02-19-2007, 10:46 PM
Great reasons everyone! My one reason for staying on plan today is because I have a formal party coming up in two weeks, and I am soooo close to fitting into a skirt I bought in December hoping that it would fit someday. It's so cute, and I'm excited to be close, but it has a bit of an A-line shape, and it could definitely fit on my hips a bit better. So, if I am really good, hopefully I can wear it to the party and feel like the belle of the ball.

shelby897
02-19-2007, 11:00 PM
Penney -- not petty at all -- I bet we all have someone we can't wait to say -- "See, I did it" to when we are close to goal. (So, mine is my husband, how sad is that!!). Anything that keeps us motivated can be just the little push we need sometimes to stay on track.

I never make it on here in the morning, so tomorrow the one reason I'm staying on plan is -- I've been doing great and I'm staring to notice the difference in my body.

boaterswife
02-20-2007, 12:45 AM
These reasons are all so wonderful!

Penney, if it matters to YOU, then it is most definitely NOT petty! Hey, and I'm sure there's someone each of us would secretly like to have eat their words!!!

OK, I tend to put my reason for the day in at bedtime, too, as a pre-cursor for the next day, so here goes! My reason for staying on plan is I went to buy those size 10's today and decided to try them on first. Yeah, they were real snug, but I got them on, button and zipped without jumping up and down to do it, so I left them at the store! I'm debating about a pair of size 8's for motivation!!!! OMG!!!! Single digits!!! And yeah, Rhonda, I grin every time I think of that number!

TempleBody
02-20-2007, 12:51 AM
I'm stayng on plan tomorrow (today) because I have a size 18 skirt that I want to fit sooooon!! I can barely get it on me waist righ now. (yikes)

Angihas2
02-20-2007, 01:05 AM
My reason for staying on plan is I went to buy those size 10's today and decided to try them on first. Yeah, they were real snug, but I got them on, button and zipped without jumping up and down to do it, so I left them at the store! I'm debating about a pair of size 8's for motivation!!!! OMG!!!! Single digits!!!

OK, this is my reason for tomorrow. I can NOT wait to be able to say I'm into 10's and headng towards an 8. Congrats boaterswife!!

rockinrobin
02-20-2007, 09:33 AM
I am staying on plan today because I just read the are new guidelines put out by the heart association and it mentioned body mass index and let me tell you it did NOT recommend having a bmi of 36.9 or even close. I have to remember though I am looking and feeling so much better, I still have a lot of weight that needs to be gotten off of my 5 foot frame.

Mrs Quadcrew
02-20-2007, 10:09 AM

Because I love the person I am becoming! I feel GREAT everyday, I have lots of energy now, I AM FINALLY IN CONTROL OF ME for the first time in my life.

beautifulone
02-20-2007, 10:22 AM

Because I love the person I am becoming! I feel GREAT everyday, I have lots of energy now, I AM FINALLY IN CONTROL OF ME for the first time in my life.

:D:D:D That is one of the best reasons Mrs Quadcrew!

Okay, the one reason I am staying on plan today is because I've been off plan somewhat for a nearly a week now including a possible binge. Because I can fit into 1X pants - which means XL can't be too far away!!! Because if XL pants aren't too far away, XL shirts are ever closer!!!! :D Because I don't feel good when bingeing or overloading my body with sugar. Because going to the gym feels good. Because I looooooove having strong muscles! :D Because I love feeling proud of a healthy weight loss. Because I had a shoe experience at the store - I picked up a pair of feminine shoes and slipped my foot into them like it was no big deal. I NEVER want to be as desperate for shoes as I was at my highest weight, wearing unappealing, poor fitting shoes that make my feet hurt just because they're the only ones that fit. NEVER. Because I want to be healthy. Because I want to feel how Mrs Quadcrew feels. Because oh there are just so many reasons!!! :D

Casey4
02-20-2007, 10:57 AM
because I am at 48 days on plan with no unhealthy choices. My plan even works when I have all the kids off from school for a holiday weekend and they drive me insane! :D

royalsfan1
02-20-2007, 11:10 AM
I'm staying on plan today because I've been on 30 days. I have a feeling that is the longest I've ever committed....and stayed committed...and I don't want to break the streak.

boaterswife
02-20-2007, 11:16 AM
Angihas2, you'll be in the 10's in no time at all, and with that 5'10" frame (OMG, I'm soooooooo jealous!) the 10's on you will look like 6's on us short people!

Angihas2
02-20-2007, 11:38 AM
Angihas2, you'll be in the 10's in no time at all, and with that 5'10" frame (OMG, I'm soooooooo jealous!) the 10's on you will look like 6's on us short people!

If the fat was spread out more evenly, maybe. It's all concentrated right on the lower abs/hip area. Its very very odd. Not that I don't have fat elsewhere, but heck, my arms are 14 inches!! Most normal weight people have arms in the 12 and 13 inch range, so there's not a whole lot to lose there, but I'm still plugging away at it!! My legs are normal<ish> too, 22 inches, not a nice svelt 18, but heck, I'm working on it, it's just that lower tummy. ARGHH when I fit into 10's I'll know, I've really done some serious blasting of fat!

I'm staying on plan today because I really do not want to work out today. I'm going to anyway. I'm smaller and healthier than I have been in 10 years and I feel great and look better than I have in a long, long time. I'm having a hard time staying motivated, yanno? You'd think this would be the kick in the rear I need to keep trucking, but man, that inner fat chick is loud and proud today and the couch seems to be yelling my name. *sigh* I WILL WORK OUT! I WILL STAY ON TRACK. My health is more important than the inner fat chicks psycho rantings.

LisaMarie71
02-20-2007, 11:43 AM
I'm staying on plan today because there's honestly no reason NOT to. I certainly can't think of one...can you?

GirlyGirlSebas
02-20-2007, 01:13 PM
I'm staying on plan today because I've had a stomach virus for the last 24 hours and I'm feeling better. Unfortunately, I'm fighting the "need" right now for comfort...in the form of comfort food! No, No! Don't need it and not gonna have it!

RitzyFritz
02-20-2007, 04:16 PM
Good thinking, Rhonda! You probably DO need comfort, but you don't need it from food! Find hubby for a nice hug, pull out old love letters, call an old friend or family member who can make you laugh and forget the tug of the refrigerator.....These are things that I have to do to keep from finding "comfort" in the fridge! We can make it! :hug: By the way, I'm glad you are feeling better.

I will stay on plan today because there is NO alternative for me. Plain and simple. Tomorrow may be a different reason, but for today - this is it.

Penney
02-20-2007, 08:39 PM
Rhonda hang in there..... you are doing great!

My reason for staying on plan Wednesday is because I want this for me.... I want to look better, feel better and when I go in for my diabetes checked - I want to have my medicine level lowered. I don't want to poke myself so much! :bb:

And yes - I still want to make her eat her words, but I am not so wound up about it now.... :joker:

rockinrobin
02-21-2007, 08:13 AM
I am staying on plan today because my life is so much more enjoyable now at 189 lbs then it was at almost 300 lbs. Every aspect of my life is more enjoyable. I don't face the day with dread like I used to. Every day was such a challenge just to maneuever around my house, yet alone the outside. Every time I had to leave my home brought on huge worries for me. Now it is a joy to be outside and with others. I actually look forward to it. I feel so incredibly ordinary and regular (that's a good thing) I can only imagine it will get better as I get smaller.

TempleBody
02-21-2007, 08:21 AM
The NUMBER one reason I'm staying on plan today is.........

I'm almost down to 230s!!! I want to get there sooon!

GirlyGirlSebas
02-21-2007, 08:37 AM
The one reason I'm staying on plan today: Because I'm so close to meeting my 10lb loss goal for February.

RitzyFritz
02-21-2007, 08:41 AM
I'm staying on plan today because I know that if I do I will be one day closer to my goal. One day at a time gets me to where I am going.

Rhonda, I love your subtitle!

Lillibeth
02-21-2007, 09:44 AM
The one reason I am staying on plan today is that I have to take a 12 hour flight on 28 May and I want to be comfertable (or at least more comfertable than I would be if I had to fly today)

beautifulone
02-21-2007, 10:15 AM
The one reason I will be staying on plan today is because things are hard at the moment and it helps to feel good about staying on track.

Mrs Quadcrew
02-21-2007, 10:16 AM

I weigh in on Friday and I get so excited about seeing those numbers go DOWN!

Casey4
02-21-2007, 10:36 AM
because I want to be just like Robin when I grow down!!! :D

LisaMarie71
02-21-2007, 12:05 PM
I'm staying on plan today because I'm wearing size 16 pants from Old Navy today and they were really tight just a few weeks ago, but today I can take them off without unbuttoning them.

Penney
02-21-2007, 09:59 PM
Hi everyone!!

My reason for staying on track for Thursday is from a movie....

Anybody remember that movie "The Incredible Shrinking Woman".... well, I want to bring new meaning to that movie.........:joker:

My husband looked at me yesterday and out of the blue said that he could see a difference...... :val2:

That gave me just a little nudge that I needed - I know I can do this - - - I know we can all do this... I seen a difference in my sugar levels today.... so yeah -

For today and for tomorrow - my reasons are all about me...

boaterswife
02-22-2007, 08:58 AM
I tried on swimsuits yesterday. Since we have a place on the lake, it's sort of impossible to avoid the annual torture. While I wasn't sporting a perfect swimsuit body, I was still very happy with the current picture as compared to a year ago! I put on a missy size 12 suit and it fit great! That compared to the 20W I brought home last year without trying it on first, and then it was too small....oy! I'd say the swimsuit session went well!

Angihas2
02-22-2007, 09:04 AM
I'm staying on track today because it seems to be the ONLY thing I have complete control of right now.

GirlyGirlSebas
02-22-2007, 09:15 AM
The One reason I'm staying on plan today is: Hubby asked me yesterday if I'd like to take a weekend trip in July for my birthday...just the two of us :) I want to buy a sexy little black dress...in a smaller size...for the trip.

rockinrobin
02-22-2007, 09:18 AM
The ONE reason I'm staying on plan today is finally, the birds are chirping outside. Spring is almost here!!!! And I NEED to be a lot lighter then I am right now. I want to be able to walk everywhere and anywhere and enjoy the great outdoors instead of being holed up in my house.

Mrs Quadcrew
02-22-2007, 09:28 AM

Becasue I LOVE being in CONTROL ~ for the first time in my life! (and it is a GREAT feeling!!):D

Charbar
02-22-2007, 09:33 AM
^^^^ I'm with you on that. I love being in control. Ask my kids - I'm a control freak.

I'm staying on plan today b/c my dh decided to start dieting with me. I can't let him do better!!

Dana

yeah for me.. this is my 2000th post!!!!!! :dance:

GirlyGirlSebas
02-22-2007, 09:36 AM
I'm staying on plan today b/c my dh decided to start dieting with me. I can't let him do better!!

That's awesome! My hubby is doing this with me, too. It sure makes planning meals a little easier...especially since he does the cooking around our house! :o

royalsfan1
02-22-2007, 10:51 AM
I'm staying on plan today because the scale actually dropped down again this morning after a slight lull. I want to keep the downward momentum!

Casey4
because I like the food I am eating and how it makes my body feel.

Soon2BFitChick
Hi everyone! :cb:

My reason today is that since this week has been completely busy and crazy (and on top of that my MIL brought over a huge batch of brownies), I have to feel more on track. Why didn't she bring raisin bread or something????? :tantrum:

Anyhoo, I need to get back in firmer control. I don't think I did badly with food or anything considering (I didn't go out of cals or fat), but I need to get back to the right stuff. Water is better yesterday and today tho!! :carrot:

Have a great OP day!!! :cheer:

LisaMarie71
02-22-2007, 11:53 AM
I'm staying on plan today because I can already tell it's going to be a great summer, and I want it to be the best one I've had in years!!

RitzyFritz
02-22-2007, 02:55 PM
"Weigh" to go, ladies (and gentlemen if you are here)!

My one reason today is because I KNOW every day matters and in the end I will look back and see that it was worth every day I stayed on track and focused. After all, each day adds to another until we find ourselves at the end of the year. I don't want to end up on 12/31/07 realizing what I "could" have done but rather what I DID!

Penney
02-22-2007, 07:49 PM
My reason for staying on plan for Friday is - I want to be able to jog one day... right now the best I can do is walk without being relatively sure that I am going to rupture a lung.....

My husband is runner and when I first started this we had talked about giving me a year to get in shape and that we would run some races together - - - well I want to do that.....

I don't want to just be a loser - - I want to be a runner too....:lol: :running:

GirlyGirlSebas
02-22-2007, 10:19 PM
Hi Penney,

Have you checked out the Couch to 5k program on the Cool Running webstite? A lot of our 3FC friends recommend this program. I havent started it yet, but it looks like a good plan.

Penney
02-22-2007, 10:26 PM
Yes - I have - but I have to get my stamina/lung capacity up - I am trying to quit smoking - I do okay for a few weeks or months and then I get stupid and I am stuck in the whole vicious cycle. I am having another go at it this weekend... I hope to heaven that I get the backbone to stay quit this time.

It is very hard for me to think that I used to play basketball, softball, I used to run, do aerobics and tae kwon do. Now, I jog for a short period of time and yeeesh!

GirlyGirlSebas
02-22-2007, 10:40 PM
Penney,

I understand about the smoking. I used to smoke 1 1/2 packs a day and quit October of 2005. And, I used to run 5 miles a day. Today, walking on the treadmill leaves me breathless. Hang in there! We'll get there again someday. This site is full of women who've done it and we can too.

beautifulone
02-23-2007, 12:26 AM
Penney - you should be so proud of yourself for trying to quit smoking :) I mean seriously... the health benefits are amazing and I just want to say how much I applaud you for your persistence :)

Rhonda - congratulations on quitting smoking!