Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chitchat #232

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chitchat #232

Jane
01-31-2007, 09:58 PM
Hello and :welcome: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome. :yes:

Jane
01-31-2007, 10:13 PM
It's February, Ladies!! (well, almost)

Tammy - those 12 hour days have to be killers! I think Jules also works some 12 hour or 10 hour days. I lost 8 pounds in January because it was the first month, and included some water weight. I usually lose 5 or 6 a month, when I'm losing, that is. Don't ask how fast I can gain, lol! My nephew says I should get Tivo, but Neal and I have trouble finding time to watch shows that we record, so I doubt we invest in that. It sounds great, though! Indiana's state motto is the same as yours, lol.

Cristina - what I use is a recipe calculator. I paid about 20 bucks for mine, but if you google recipe calculator, you can find a free one now. Then you just enter the ingredients to your favorite recipes, tell how many servings, and it does all the work for you. Have you ever thought of a snow blower? My son has one, and it's really easy to use, and clears a driveway pretty quick. Just a thought.

Vann - glad you made it safely home. We missed you, too! You did great with the food, considering you were on the road. Better than me, yesterday, and I was home, lol.

Jodi - hope your back is better by the time you read this.

Hello to Sue, Marti, Jules, Michelle, Kathy, Mary Kate, Angie, Sassy, and anyone else reading this. :wave:

Well, I've gotten through about half of my cooking magazines, ripping out recipes that we might actually eat. Then I'll make a copy for the binder. Thankfully, I have stayed OP even though lots of the recipes have pictures, lol. Some may have a little drool on them, though. :D

Chat with you tomorrow! :hug:

suetalks
02-01-2007, 01:48 AM
Thanks for your kind words/well wishes JL's. I had an episode in the night last night..brutal. I wondered if I was having a heart attack. At first I just felt like I had eaten a huge meal and was way too full. (but it was over 5 hours since dinner, and I didn't eat that much) Then I had lots of pain on my R side and around into my back. Like I needed to have a tremendous burp. I wish I could have. :) It finally eased and I got some sleep. This morning I just felt sore. After eating tonight I again felt REAL bloated and full. I purposely ate a very small dinner. I am far from my Drs. and going to figure out what to do if it continues. I do take Nexium for acid reflux and I know what that feels like.

Anyway, the weather here has been getting warmer and is sunny part of most days. 60's now every day and not so much wind.
I hear from my DD and neighbors back home that it is VERY cold. Sorry for them, but glad I am here.

You are all doing great...I will fumble through individuals again soon. :) (I am not a very quick typist)

Marti
02-01-2007, 02:07 AM
Hello girls--

This is a quicky for me tonight....I'm feeling really tired. I decided to go ahead and walk on the treadmill tonight, hoping to ease up some of the pain shooting down my leg. It helped some, still there but not so bad. Only in certain sitting positions. But I'm REALLY tired from tensing up all day long! I feel like I went to the gym and got my butt kicked!:dizzy:

Did want to send Sue a big hug though--:hug: --I hope you can find a doctor close by so they can have a look at you and see if they can help. I hate to hear you're in such pain....sounds really scarey too. Thinking of you! :hug:

Ok girls, I'm off to bed. You all have a great night and I'll catch up later on.

Hugs to all. :grouphug:

vannh9
02-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Hello Ladies...

We have a snow day today which is funny because it is all gone now -LOL

Christina- I hope your son knows how proud we are of him!! We pray for the troops daily and hope a resolution comes soon for all of them overthere!!

Tammy- The Coast Guard is also a very proud assignment!! What courageous guys you both have!!

Jodi--Hugs.. hope your back is better soon

Jane--A recipe calculator sounds neat..I will have to look for one. I wonder if they have a dining out calculator (LOL). I sure could have used one in Atlanta:-)

I am finally coming down off my eating high..I really didn't do that bad considering. But I am definitly having to get back on track today. I am making a huge pot of Vegtable soup..it smells wonderful!

You ladies have a good day and I will touch base tomorrow!

:grouphug:

Bandmom1011
02-01-2007, 04:20 PM
Hello everyone

I didn't sleep well last night. Only if I was on my stomach and I flop around alot in my sleep, so I was waking up every so often. Today is much better, though I am on some strong pain killers, so it may not be as good as it feels- lol
Anyhow, went to work early cause hubby was getting off early. All we have done is surf the net this afternoon and it went by fast. It's nice to just be home relaxing.

Sue- I hope your pain eases up. If not I hope you are able to find a dr.

Marti- you are couragious getting on the treadmill even when you hurt. An inspiration to us all!!! :-)

Hello to everyone else. I will try and check back later.
Jodi

FrouFrou
02-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Hello Ladies...

Sorry for the fast post yesterday, was running out of time. Hope I didn't miss anyone.

SUE...lots of hugs to you! :hug: :hug: You know, that pain sure sounds like gallstones. The funny (not haha funny) thing is my mom went thru the same thing and I told her it sounded like gallstones but they did all the tests and found nothing. Yet, she kept having the pain...same pain you are having, the same pain I had for years and they kept diagnosing it as an ulcer (they did that with her too), the same pain DD had and DS. With DD they did an utlra sound after we found the 'right' doctor. I say that because they kept thinking it was all in her head. Anyway, I hope you can get some relief soon. I know that is very painful.

JANE...ahh, gotcha ya. I will have to check the calculators out and see what I can find. And you know...V was just talking about that a couple of days ago...a snowblower that is. I saw a woman trying to use one around the corner and she was having a time. I'm not sure we would invest the money in one since it really doesn't snow this much. We usually get a good snow, a couple of inches once a year, but not every year. This is definitely an unusual year for the weather. I think we just got spoiled and it caught up with us, lol.

VANN...glad you are home. And I agree, there is no place like home! I don't think going over 200 calories is so bad so good to not beat yourself up about it. It takes 3 or 4000 calories (can't remember which one) to gain a pound so I think you did good. About the 4 lbs...it is a good loss but I know it won't happen every week. Started WW and the first week is always a good loss which I am very happy about. I am hoping this week is a 3 lb loss week, lol. But I think they said after the first two weeks you shouldn't lose too much...1-2 pounds a week. And I think me exercising really helps, even though last week I didn't get in as much as I should have. And thank you! I'm glad there are still people who support the troops. They do have a hard job for sure. Vegetable soup sounds so good right now, yummy. It is so cold out but at least the sun is shining and some of the snow is melting.

TAMMY...and I agree with Vann...the Coast Guard is a proud assignment. I think all our military deserve a great big hand for all they do.

JODI...sorry your back is not feeling so good. Hope it gets better soon. :hug:

MARTI...sorry about your leg bothering you. I hope you are feeling better today. Feel better soon :hug:

SASSY...sorry about your back bothering you and I hope you get to feeling better soon. :hug:

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Nothing much going on with me today. I did my 3 mile walk, staying OP and getting my water down. Haven't done much of anything today other than my exercise, some e-mails, and a load of laundry. Today is one of those days I just want to curl up on the couch with a good book and a cup of tomato soup, but didn't. Sounded good though, lol.

Hope everyone is having a good day, hugs! :hug:

Jane
02-01-2007, 09:13 PM
Hi ladies,

Sue - hope your pain has gone away. I know it's scary since they say heart attack pain in women is so different from men. But I bet Cristina is right - probably gall stones. But since I'm not a doctor, I haven't a clue! If you don't have a doc in Vegas, maybe it's time you got one, since you're there a good portion of every winter. Just a thought.

Marti and Jodi - hope you're both feeling better, too.

Vann - you can ask for a nutrition print out at most chain restaurants. Or you can look it up at their individual websites. Dotti's has WW points for restaurants, but you count calories, right? Vegetable soup is on my menu for Sunday. So I'll make it Saturday, and let the flavors blend for a day. Sounds so good right now!

Cristina - I like "couch, book and soup(or hot chocolate)" days, too. I don't have to do a darn thing tomorrow, and may make it one of those days. I confess that I bought another Danielle Steel book, even though I said I wouldn't, lol. This one is called The House, and is in paperback. I also bought the Sidney Poitier book. I've always admired him.

Hello to everyone else reading this. :wave:

I'm doing fine with food, water and exercise. But I have to say it's becoming more of a challenge now that the honeymoon period is over, lol. Sometimes I think I'd like to just sit down and eat what I want, and however much of it I want. Of course, that's what got me to this weight in the first place! :dizzy:

Oh! Almost forgot to tell you! We got snow :carrot: and so the DGDs, Neal and I went out to play in it. The kids and I made snow angels, and played "follow the leader", then Neal brought out the sleds. Yowza, that was some serious exercise, pulling those rug rats around, lol. Anyway, at least we finally got some snow! :)

Toodles for now,

Bandmom1011
02-01-2007, 09:31 PM
Jane- sounds like you had a great time playing in the snow. And just think all that exercise that you didn't realize or even mind that you were getting.
What fun!!!! :-)

Jodi

FrouFrou
02-01-2007, 10:49 PM
Hi ya Chickies...

JANE...sounds like you guys had a ball in the snow. I wish I was into it the way you guys are, and the way I used to be. There was a time I loved getting out in it and having a snowball fight with the kids and building snow people, and that wasn't that long ago. Now I just look at it as an inconvenience which is sad. Happy reading to you! I wish I could get back into the reading. It's been a while since I've picked anything up to read other than my magazines. And I hear ya about sitting down and eating whatever, as much, etc...I thought this week with WW would be easier but it hasn't been. The last few days I have felt like I have been starving. But only because it's not the junk I am wanting to eat. Hoping as the days & weeks go by it will get easier. Keep up the good work, you are doing GREAT!

Hi JODI...hope you are feeling better.

Well, just thought I would stop by and say HI while I am waiting on V to come home. He went to put in a garbage disposal and a garage door opener for a friend. And he is on his way home now. Anyway, take care ladies. :hug:

Marti
02-02-2007, 01:23 AM
Evening girls.........

Had one of those days where I just didn't feel up to doing anything at all.....but I have this thing called ......work. And for some reason they frown upon workers who just sit there. Darn it! :dizzy:

Jane--Slimmer photos?? You've got to be kidding...I pretty much look the same. But maybe if I photoshop it I can get a slimmer looking photo?? :s: (IF I knew how to use the program!) I'm gathering photos and I'll get them printed out this weekend and get those pages started. I had all the paper I wanted to use all laid out......at one time,,,,but I finally put it all away when I wasn't getting anywhere. Not to hard to pull them back out though. I sure hope you took photos of you all having fun in the snow! You are probably the best grandma ever! I still wanna come over and have a "grandma day" with ya!:)

Tammy--I have always wanted to try Salsa dancing! It sounds like fun. You'll have to open them to at least view them once and see what it's like. Line dancing sounds like great fun and exercise. We don't have anything like that around here......and if they do, I wouldn't know where to go to find it.

Cristina--I'll post that recipe as soon as I get finished here. It's simple and tastey. You'll have to tell me what you think. Not a lot of people like balsamic vinegar so I'm curious as to what others think of it. Your tomato soup sounded so good. I need to find a recipe in WW cookbook or some other weightloss cookbook for a good recipe. If you find one....or have one, post it.

Vann--I say you did pretty darn good w/staying around your range of calories. It's so easy to go overboard and indulge. And with being away from home....you did an excellent job! Proud of you!! Vegetable soup is what I came home to today. Smelled so good walking up to the house. My hubby came home from work, put some soup in the crockpot before bed and it was ready when I got home. Sad that he had to go back to work an hour after I got home! I think I've only seen him maybe 5hrs this week!! (miss him when he's gone)

Jodi--You know, I wouldn't call walking while hurt inspirational......I'd call stupid. :lol: I woke up in such pain this morning and I thought...OMG, I shouldn't have walked last night. I hobbled around my house and I was ready to call into work it was so bad. Then as I sat down at the computer I just couldn't take it anymore trying to sit and as I got up to call in....I heard this pop in my leg and the pain went away. So I pinched something and it finally released. Still achey but not like it was. WILL be going on that treadmill tonight again......glutton for punishment that's for sure!

Sue--Thinking of you! Have you gone to the doctors yet? Or has the pain subsided? I hope you're not uncomfortable. Give us a holler if you need cyber hugs! :hug:

Hello to all the MIA gilrs out there. Pop in and say hello.

I need to get on the treadmill. It's getting late and I need to get a walk in before I go to bed. So...I'm going to post that recipe and get off the computer. You know, there just isn't enough time in a day for all things I need and want to do.

Take care girls! Tomorrow is Friday which means......no work!!!!:D

suetalks
02-02-2007, 02:01 AM
Quickly popping in to say thank you all..... I had a good day/pain free. Soooo, I should sleep like a baby tonight. :)

I don't envy the snow Jane. But it is great that you and the grands love it so much. I hear it is going to be terribly cold, so ya'll be careful.

Ladies...I will "talk" to you tomorrow. I am pooped.

Sassy_Chick
02-02-2007, 02:56 AM
Hi All,

Just a Quick Hello! :wave:

Marti
02-02-2007, 11:21 AM
Good Morning Ladies--

Sue--So very glad that you had a pain free night!!

Sassy-- :wave: Hello to you too!

Good Morning to the rest of you!

I sure didn't want to get up this morning. I'm thinking I need a strong coffee this morning. So glad it's FRIDAY!!!

Ok....off I go for coffee and breakfast (oatmeal!) and you all have a great day!

FrouFrou
02-02-2007, 02:47 PM
Happy Friday, Ladies!

MARTI...well, I am glad you are feeling better. That's kind of funny about the pop. Made me think of Jason & Carrie. they can just move a certain way and pop just about any body part, lol. Me, I have to go to a chiroprator to have it done which is a pain, not literally. I will print out the recipe and give it a try...will let ya know what I think when I try it. I went to Walgreens this morning and while there bought the Taste of Home's Light & Tasty magazine. There's a recipe on the front that looks sooo good...Cheesy Tex-Mex Lasagna. I kind of skimmed thru it and there are a lot of recipes that look appealing to me. Just need to try them and figure out the points. I am one of those people that just like everything to be figured out for me, lol. I don't have a good recipe for tomato soup, just use Campbell's...I've always liked it.

SASSY...glad to see you checkin' in missy! Hope you are feeling better. :hug:

SUE...glad you had a good/pain free day.

HI to everyone else :wave:

Not much going on...had a showing this morning and boy was I not ready. I've got to get in the habit of just having the house clean at all times in case. But I get lazy. It's not dirty per se, just some things needing to be picked up. I just feel like if I had 24 hours notice I could plan for it and not be rushed. For some reason this realty place thinks that isn't a good thing because they think the people may think you have something to hide. Ummm, okay. But this is what happens when I get such a short notice...my brain goes into overload, lol. I had actually just stepped out of the shower and was going to go exercise, lol. I know...why shower if you are going to go exercise? I just do :dunno: Anyway...hope all is well with you ladies.Take care and have a good day!

Jane
02-02-2007, 02:47 PM
Happy Friday to you! :D

Jodi and Sue - yes, I did have great fun with the kids in the snow. What we have coming now is terribly cold temps, so I will be hibernating for awhile!

Cristina - once you get grandkids, you will have a second childhood, lol, and will be amazed at the things you'll love to do all over again. From childhood games like hopscotch to childhood songs and legends, it really takes a person back. It's so fun to teach them things, and watch them absorb like little sponges. I truly love everything there is about being a grandma. About reading, I have several books to read now, but am behind! I try to read every night before I go to sleep, but some nights I'm just too tired. Must be all the hopscotch, lol.

Marti - I'm so glad you're about ready to finish the scrapbook pages. I'd love to have them from every member here, you know? You guys are like family to me.

Sassy - hope your back is better. Have you seen a doctor about it? Forgive me if I should know the answer to that!

Hello to everyone else reading this.

I've spent a good portion of the day so far going through magazines that had recipes I wanted to save. IAfter asking myself if I'd really, for sure try each one, I'm putting the keepers in my recipe binder. A friend is coming for lunch Wednesday and I warned her that she may be my guinea pig, lol.

I've eaten too much bread today. Toasted. With butter. Why I did that right before weigh-in day is a mystery to me. I can still salvage the day's calories if I eat super light for dinner tonight. :p

Take care and I'll chat at ya later. :hug:

:cheer: Go Indiana Colts :cheer:

FrouFrou
02-02-2007, 02:57 PM
HI JANE...didn't see you sneak in there. Yeah, I can't wait to have grand kids. Josh said he will have lots for me, lol. But I told him he has to wait until he leaves Hawaii otherwise I'd never see them, lol. I think he is my only hope for grandchildren. Jason is too much into his school and getting a career and Carrie is just not interested in having kids. I really need to get back to reading. For a while that is what I was doing also...reading before I go to sleep. Seems like lately though I just want to unwind and cuddle with V for an hour before falling asleep. I want to read Janet Evanovich's books though...it's killing me because I waited so long for the new one and have had it for a while now. Anyway, I think once we get this house sold and moved I will get back on track with everything. I bet your friend will enjoy what ever you fix for lunch.

Okay, take care ladies and I hope you all are having a wonderful Friday!

Going to go do my 1 mile walk. I did go to It Figures this morning and got in a good 40 minute work out. A 'good' work out for me is when I am 10 minutes into it I am sweating like a dog, and this was one of those. Anyway, ta ta for now. :wave:

Bandmom1011
02-02-2007, 03:10 PM
WhooHoo... it's the weekend!

SUE- I went to the grocery this afternoon so that I don't have to do much this weekend with the frigid temps that are coming. Kids do have to play in the Pep Band for ballgames tonight and Sat night though :-( Won't like having to get out for that. We didn't get the snow though.

Cristina- Do you have alot of showings? I wouldn't like people coming thru my house even if I was trying to sell it. Lol- my house is a lot better than it used to be. I try to follow Flylady and that helps keep things in order. Plus the fact that my kids are teens now so they don't have toys all over the house like they used to. But I wouldn't want anyone to go into all of our bedrooms- that's how the rest of the house stays clean- lol

SUE- glad you are feeling better. I hope you are able to get some rest now.

Marti- Well even if it is stupidity, you got more calories burned than me!

HELLO EVERYONE ELSE

I found Smart Ones and WW Ice Cream on sale at Kroger and I had coupons so I stocked up. They don't care the pot roast there though :( I love that pot roast and roast beef. Anyhow, bought the rest of the family ice cream (which with the weather coming that is a bit silly-lol) but when they are snacking I can too - without guilt. I want to be careful this weekend so I show a loss Mon morning. I have done fairly well this week I think, but I am still having probs with going to the bathroom, so I haven't lost. So I have been taking these Herbal Colon Pills that seem to help when I take them for a couple days. So I am still waiting... lol Sorry if that is TMI.

Bandmom1011
02-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Well that was dumb- My first comment is for JANE.... and then I didn't even sign my name.

Jodi

FrouFrou
02-02-2007, 03:31 PM
Hi Jodi :wave: You know, this house showing has been really slow. We are attributing it to the weather. Since we have had it on the market we had 3 inches of frozen snow, the following week, the 6 inches of snow and then turned around and had the 3 inches a few days ago. So we are hoping :crossed: that is the reason it has been slow. We had realtors tour, and one open house. Even the open house only had three couples show. So...hoping the weather gets better and we get more showings. We've only had three, plus the open house three. We are going to have another open house in two weeks. And yeah, I don't like people walking thru my house and I wonder if they go thru things. I don't go thru peoples drawers, you know in the bathroom or kitchen or the cabinets unless I absolutely love the house. I feel like I am invading their privacy. But I try not to think about it otherwise I don't think i would ever have a showing, lol. Hey, I bought some WW ice cream too. The sandwiches...our local store had them buy one and get one free so I stocked up on them. They are only 2 points so...a good snack. It's a local grocery called Dillions but they carry the kroger brand. Hey, I always seem to crave ice cream when it's cold, lol!

Still on, lol. I actually stepped away to do my walk and warm up. This basement is so stinking cold. But walking warms you up quick so I got my 1 mile walk in...a total of 50 minutes of exercise for me today! :carrot: Okay, I need to go and check in on another thread. Again...take care ladies and have a great day! See ya :wave:

vannh9
02-02-2007, 04:40 PM
Hello Ladies!!!

Well I blew it today.. did fair in Atlanta only to come home this afternoon and eat 4 brownies-took them out of the freezer and inhaled them...AND I probably wouldn't feel so bad...would just cut back tonight, but I am starving for some reasons..I mean really ravenous.!! I certainly changed my dinner menu from a burger to a boiled egg (LOL) I could blame it on my sinus infection which I found out I had today, but to be really honest --I think I just wanted them :-(

I am not giving up...a slip here and there is probably normal!

Sassy-- GO COLTS..you have motivated me to pull for the Colts!!!

Christina- I am SOOOOOOOO glad to know it takes 3-4000 calories to gain a pound ...I guess Sunday will be the reveal day if you know what I mean!! And I agree with you assessment of the slow house showings..I mean who wants to go out and look at a new house with the snow and cold...Good Luck...it is not a fun process.

Sue- So hope you are feeling better..Sleep definitley helps!!

Jane- Thanks for the restaurant tips...and I am learning to plan ahead, but sometimes it is hard to get the correct data..I was trying to find calories for Papa Johns thin crust and I got 4 differnt numbers...I think as long as I am aware ..honest and accountable here, It will progress..I know I will have slips along the way, but as long as I am willing to take the journey I think it won't gain weight :carrot: I am hoping that is the case. I am certainly glad to have found all of you!!
AND--Glad you had such a fun snow day!!

Jodi--Hope you feel better soon!

Marti--My soup was wonderful--BUT I bet yours was even better!! I am sure you DH is a great cook and it is always nice having someone else contribute!!

I went a bought a neat single serve coffee maker today..We have one at work and it was neat to make different kinds of coffee...it is called Keurig..
I will have to let you guys know how it is..well I should go boil an EGG for dinner (LOL) --Serves me right!!

:hug: to you all

Bandmom1011
02-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Cristina-
That store must be part of the Kroger chain if they carry kroger brand. Plus that is the same deal Kroger's here had, b1g1free on the WW ice cream. Plus I had just cut my coupons last night so I had 2 of them for $1.00 when you buy 2. They allowed me to use them mixed with the b1g1 deal so instead of $4.69 each, I only ended up paying $1.84 a box for them. Not a bad deal at all!!! :-)
The Smart Ones were on sale also for 1.66 a box. I used the 50 cents on 4 coupon that is in the back of our journal things we get every week, which Krogers doubled so I only paid $1.41, when the reg. price was $3.40 EACH!!! So I came away a happy girl. Lol my hubby calls me the coupon queen.

Jodi

Jane
02-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Just a quick pop-in for Jodi - you can edit your post if you want to change anything after it's already posted. All you have to do is look in the bottom right hand corner of ithe box it's in, and click on the Edit button. Also, you can do like most of us have done, and add your name to your signature. To do that, click on the User CP option in the purple-ish blue line near the top of the page, and then click on the Signature option. Hope this helps. :)

FrouFrou
02-03-2007, 02:33 PM
Hello ladies...

Wow, it's quiet here today. Guess I am the only one with nothing to do, lol.

JODI...wow, I didn't see any coupons for the frozen dinners or ice cream but man, you saved a lot. I buy some of the Smart ones too...I like the turkey ones, mac & cheese, salisbury stk w/mac & cheese and a few others. They really are filling and you can't beat the points. I clip coupons but never have enough to really make a difference in my shopping bill.

VANN...you are right! We are only human and I do think it is normal to not be 100% OP 100% of the time. It is really hard to eat perfectly but I am trying. I may not make the best choices but I have been staying within my points and not going over. But I know that won't always be the case. And I think knowing that helps to soften the guilt trip for when it does happen. But yes, we all slip once in a while and it is normal. Or I like to think it is.

HI to everyone else :wave:

Not much going on with me today. V and I went to the Home Show and got lots of ideas for the new house, if we ever get it, lol. Even if we weren't buying a house we would have gone anyway. We like to look at all the new stuff for homes these days. Brought home lots of info. Going to have him start a fire when I head up stairs and I think I will actually pull two books out and get started with my reading. Don't really have anything else to do today.

Hope everyone is having a fun weekend and staying warm!

Jane
02-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Hi ladies,

Cristina - I've read some of the Janet Evanovich books, and I think my son has read them all. He says the Grandma cracks him up, lol. I think you're right in that once you sell your house and get moved, things will get back to normal for you. You're doing great with the exercise!

Jodi - maybe you could try to get more fiber naturally - whole grains, stringy vegetables, etc. I've been in that predicament before, and it's miserable. Hope you get things "going" real soon, lol.

Vann - it takes 3500 calories to make one pound. Sometimes other things can cause a weight gain, albeit temporary. Excessive sodium, as we all know, can make the scale go haywire. Lots of women won't have Chinese foods within a couple days of weigh-in for that reason. Here's what I have for Papa John's thin crust pizza - 1/8 of 14" pizza - cheese = 235 cal.; peppperoni = 266 cal.; sausage = 286 cal.; all the meats = 388 cal.; garden special = 236 cal.; the works = 330 cal. Hope that helps. Btw, we're glad you found us, too! We like having you here.

Hello to everyone else reading this. :wave:

Well, ladies, I lost 3/4 pound last week in spite of myself! I was afraid I'd only maintain, so any loss was good to see. :cp: That makes 8 3/4 for the year so far.

I have a cold, with a headache and a sore throat. :( Neal had it last week, and the DGDs had it the week before. I HAVE to be better before the Super Bowl game! My guys are counting on me, lol.

:cheer: Go Indianapolis Colts :cheer:

vannh9
02-03-2007, 07:42 PM
Just a quick hello.....

Christina--Thank you for the boost...as it turned out.. I really did eat an egg and THAT WAS IT for dinner...didnt' exceed my plan...I hope I learned my lesson:-)

Jane- CONGRATULATIONS!! that is almost a pound and I will always sayt that slow loss is the best kind. I am so sorry you are feeling bad..that is exactly what I took to Atlanta and finally went to the doctor yesterday..it had turned into a sinus infection...please take care of your self!! AND-Thanks for the Calories for Papa John..I think that sounds about right and around what I have been counting.

Bandmom1011
02-03-2007, 07:45 PM
Just poppin in- I have had a bad last 24 hrs. Our cat that we have had since he was born 6 1/2 yrs ago, got sick and unexpectily passed away last night. We are all very upset, this was not something we expected at all. It's been sad today, I have found myself looking for him in his normal lounging places, and then I have to remember that he isn't here.

Jodi

sz2atheart
02-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Oh Jodi, I'm so sorry about your cat. I can only imagine how you must be feeling. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. My two little dogs are like my kids. We actually call them "the boys" when asking each other if they need to go out, or be fed etc. Take care of yourself and again, I'm so sorry for your loss.

I've had a very busy day shopping and such. I was only jumping on line to check out a few posts until I saw Jodi's. Hope everyone else is having a good weekend. I'll check in with everyone tomorrow.

Marti
02-04-2007, 03:17 AM
Jodi--Sorry about your cat! Our pups are like our kids too. In fact we call them kids every now and then. Like Tammy said, take care of yourself and your family and know we're thinking of you.

A quicky tonight...(I know it's late) been spending the day w/hubby since he called in. Was nice to see him for more than an hour.

Tomorrow I won't be able to get online or the computer for most of the day.....defragmenting or fragmenting or whatever the heck he does...the computer.

That'll give me time to work on pages!!:D

Ok....I'll chat w/you all when I have the computer back!

Sassy_Chick
02-04-2007, 06:35 AM
Hi Everybody,

Sassy reporting in! :drill:

I know I have been MIA lately. I think Cristina or Jane probably passed on to you about my back. It is much better now, but still sore and I have to still be careful. I think its just weather-related. My arm is completely healed up now and no bruising. ;)

I did get some bad news though, that my Grandpa is in the hospital. :( My mom said that his Blood Pressure went up to 190/90 and that he has fluid on his lungs and he wasn't quite with it when they admitted him yesterday morning, but my mom said that he was awake today, so we're hoping he pulls through it. The strange part is that his room-mate in the hospital is my step-dad's father. He hasn't been doing well ever since his son (my step dad) passed away. My mom says he <--(my step dad's father) doesn't know anybody and its like he has just given up. :(

So not sure what is up with my Grandpa, but my mom says she'll keep me updated. Any positive vibes or prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Well I hope you all are well and take care!!!!!

Thanks Everybody!!!!!!!

:grouphug:

Bandmom1011
02-04-2007, 01:51 PM
Thank you girls for your thoughts about my loss. The cat was my son's and he is 15. He hasn't shown much emotion, his dad and I have both told him he can have feelings, it's ok for a man to show feelings. I am not too worried about him since he read us a poem he wrote yesterday. And then we all have blogs on this art site and we all subscribe to each others blogs (just so you know that I wasn't nib nosing- lol) and he posted a memorial to the cat and wrote some things on there, so I know that he is not holding his feelings in... he is working thru them in his own way. I also commented to him this morning about something I read there and we were able to talk about some things that maybe he wouldn't have brought up otherwise.
Anyhow, I appreciate all of your friendships.

Sassy-prayers to you and your family. Praying that your grandpa gets better.

Talk to you all later- Jodi

vannh9
02-04-2007, 02:40 PM
Hi Ladies...

First -Jody....so sorry about your cat...my best friends Cat died Friday night. I was with her all day yesterday. My heart goes out to you and your son!!

Sassy- Please know I will be praying for your family. AND I am so glad your back is better.

My good news is that inspite of my Atlanta trip I lost 1.2 pounds and I am thrilled!! I know that I did the hard work, but I could not have done this without all of you!! THANK YOU ALL!!

Jane, Marti, and Christina-- Hope you girls are having a good weekend!

Hello to everyone else..

FrouFrou
02-04-2007, 03:18 PM
Jodi...so sorry to hear about your/sons kitty. Lots of hugs to you all. :hug: :hug: And glad to hear DS isn't holding his feelings in.

Sassy...will be keeping your family in my prayers. Lots of hugs to you all as well. :hug: :hug:

Vann...WTG on the loss! :carrot: :carrot: See, it wasn't as bad as you thought ;) You talking about a boiled egg made me boil some. I had one in my chicken salad last night and it was goood! I can't remember the last time I had one.

Jane...hey, a loss is a loss no mater how small, so WTG. Hope you get to feeling better.

Tammy...we call our doggy our baby or our puppy dog...he is going to be 12 years old. He's been with us so long it would be weird without him and he is part of our family.

Marti...glad you got to spend some time with James, no matter how little. It's those little moments that are so precious to us.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Have a great Sunday!

Jane
02-04-2007, 10:06 PM
:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

The Indianapolis Colts
have won Super Bowl #41!!!

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

sz2atheart
02-04-2007, 10:11 PM
Congratulations Jane & Sassy for your super bowl win!!! Unfortunately I overate terribly :( My dh kept looking at me whenever I got up to nibble at the party we went to. I kept mouthing the words....30 min on the elliptical tomorrow....then it was 45 min on the elliptical with the next nibble.....then I was up to 60 minutes promised. Dh just rolled his eyes!!! Thank goodness the super bowl only comes once a year. I wonder if a laxative might help...can you see I'm desperate!! Well tomorrow will be a better day. See ya'll tomorrow!

Jane
02-04-2007, 10:36 PM
Hello ladies,

Vann - yay to you for the 1.2 pounds down! :cp: Feels good, doesn't it? Like you, my sinuses are driving me batty. Aww, so sorry about your friend's cat.

Jodi - so sorry to you, too, and your son, for the unexpected loss of your kitty. My son's cocker spaniel died when he was 16, and he cried out on the back porch, in the dark. I was there with him, and he was embarrassed, but like you, I wanted him to get it out.

Tammy - ix-nay on the axative-lay!!!! Tomorrow is a new day, and you can just start anew, ok? Come here for encouragment when you need it, chickie. Do you have tomorrow off, too? Hope so!

Marti - whoo-wee! I hope you got the pages done! But whatever you did this weekend, I hope you had fun.

Sassy - thoughts and prayers coming your way from me for both your grandpa and step-grandpa. Glad your back is better. Woo-hoo Colts, right?

Cristina - have you been reading anything good this weekend? I have to tell you - I started the Danielle Steel book, and when I got to page 52, I had had enough of her repeating herself, and said "Arrggh, why did I buy this when I know better!!" and got up, and threw the book in the trash. Neal just looked at me like I was crazy. :dizzy:

I did great with the food during the Super Bowl! I ate a little, then busied myself with making copies of recipes for my binder, with the bedroom TV on. Anyway, I have calories left over!

Obviously, I'm really tickled about the Colts winning the game! This is their first win since they've been in Indy. I believe they did win when they were in Baltimore. Anyway, some of the commercials were really cute. I especially liked the one with Oprah and David Letterman! He's from Indiana, and of course she's for the Bears. Enough about that, but hey, I'm excited!

See ya manana! :wave:

Sassy_Chick
02-04-2007, 11:01 PM
WTG COLTS!!!!!!!!!

Yes I'm happy, Colts won! :woohoo: Thanks for all the well wishes for my Grandpa, my mom called and said he is doing better today! :D
She said her fil isn't doing well though. :(

I hope you are all doing well!

:hug:

suetalks
02-05-2007, 12:50 AM
Yay Colts! We were excited! Here we are in Vegas on Super Bowl day...a BIG party day here, and we stayed home. Didn't want the hassle of the drinkers and traffic. Are we getting old or what? (heck we are old)
BUT, gotta love those Colts. So neat.

Sorry to hear about the very cold weather some of you are having. Stay warm, okay?

Feeling about 85% here.

Be back tomorrow.....

FrouFrou
02-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Hi Ladies :wave:

Feeling a little out of sorts for some reason today. Kind of in a grouchy mood.

JANE...I did finally get something read...wasn't really into it though. Read Janet Evanovich's Plum Lovin'...just in time for Valentine's Day. It was cute. Going to try and start A Million Little Pieces later today. Funny about the Danielle Steele book. A friend of mine loved Danielle Steele and we used to swap books, after a few of them I grew to dislike her, Danielle Steel that is. I couldn't read any more of her books and haven't to this day.

Not really a Colt's or Bears fan but I am glad you ladies Colt's won, even though I wanted the Bears to win, lol. Didn't watch much of it. This Super Bowl seemed like an odd mix of teams to me.

Nothing on the agenda for today...went to It Figures and ended up leaving after 15 minutes. I wasn't into it and it was too stinking hot in there. She knows that I start sweating 5 minutes into working out and always turns all the fans on when she sees me. Today she was too busy yaking with some guy that comes in there regularly to care about anything. Not sure I will even go back. So, going to get in a walk here at home and do the weights I have. I think if I do anything come March I will join Curves...at least they will be more professional and won't have people hanging around there all the time, people who shouldn't be there that is...like men. See, told ya I was grouchy.

Have a good day ladies.

Marti
02-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Hello Ladies--

How was your weekend? I had a very good weekend w/hubby. We didn't watch the Super Bowl...not big fans but read about who won in the paper. Saturday hubby took me out to dinner at a Mexican restuarant. It was such a good indulgence dinner! I knew I wouldn't see much come WI day but that was ok since I figured indulging once in awhile is good. Plus it's TOM....I gain 1-2lbs each month during that.

But....today is WI day and........... I lost 2.2 lbs!! :carrot:

I was a dancing fool this morning. :D

Very happy w/my progress! 12lbs gone!! And hopefully more to follow.

Just wanted to pop in quickly and share. I need to get ready for work. I'm working for two girls that are gone tonight......so I'll be working 3-11:30. Will be fun to see some of the girls I used to work with at night.

Have a great Monday!

FrouFrou
02-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Back again for a few mintues. I actually forgot to pm someone, lol. Not sure where my head is lately.

Hi Marti and WTG!that is a GREAT loss and 12 pounds down so far! :woohoo: :bravo: Keep up the good work! And glad you had a great weekend with James.

Hi to everyone else :wave: Hope you all are having a nice day.

I am so bored...don't want to clean the house, lol. I am getting my laundry done and waiting for a pair of pants to dry before jumping in the shower.

That's all she wrote....:write:

vannh9
02-05-2007, 06:03 PM
YEAH COLTS!!!

It was a great game!! It didn't dawn on me until the game started that my next door neighbors are for Indiana...needless to say they are excited too!!

Christina, Thanks for the kudos! And I love eggs..even love them scrambled with peppers and mushrooms for dinner..they are such a great source of protein!

Tammy-Your Super Bowl party couldn't be any worse than Atlanta..we are allowed moments to live like we are skinny as can be..and we are gonna be!!
LOL
I doubt it you were as bad as I was in Atlanta..it is weird though..once you start eating healthy and then you "slip" it feels like a big slip!!

Jane-I have to admit that it really did feel good to loose..I was praying as I stepped on the scale:-) I would have been happy with no gain, but to have lost was great!!

Sassy--Extra happy for you and Jane that the Colts won!! You and Jane inspired us to pull for them and my son loves to pull for the winner!!

Marti-- Happy dance for you :carrot: That is fabulous!!

I can't stay long..my DS has the flu..got tested today and they told me he will probably be out of school all week:-( AND he is sooo sick. I have never seen him this sick. I was home today, but have some a meeting I can't miss tomorrow, only gone an hour, but I feel so guilty...say a prayer he is feeling better..

Thanks for being here guys and a big HELLO to anyone I missed......:hug:

Jane
02-05-2007, 07:23 PM
Hi ladies,

Sassy - how's your grandpa and your mom's fil doing today?

Sue - I would've loved to have been in Indy last night! My sister was there, since her DS is an account there, and I guess the city went crazy, lol. Hope you're feeling better now.

Cristina - well, I sure wouldn't blame you if you don't go back to IF! She sounds very unprofessional. It makes me feel better, what you said about the DS books. At least I know it's not just me, lol. Hope you're feeling cheerier by now. Somedays I just feel out of sorts, too. :hug:

Marti - woo hoo :cp: for the 2.2 pounds down! You are doing such a fantastic job, Marti! I do believe this is the most determined you have been ever since I've known you! What an inspiration you are! Have fun at work with the old crowd.

Vann - I've been known to beg to Our Lord, too, as I step on the old iron monster, lol. Aww, I'm so sorry your son has the flu. Take good care of him, momma, and he'll be in our prayers here.

Hello to Mary Kate, Jules, Tammy, Jodi, Michelle and anyone else reading this. :wave:

I woke up feeling terrible again today, and have slept away most of the day. Mostly I have a bad headache, and my nose is running again. :dizzy:

Phone.... bbl.....

Sassy_Chick
02-06-2007, 07:55 AM
Hey all,

No new updates on my grandpa or my mom's fil.

I hope you all are keeping warm! It has been very cold here!

Well I'm off to bed now! :tired:

sz2atheart
02-06-2007, 10:14 AM
Good Morning Ladies

Marti & Jane...WTG on the 12 lb weight loss!! Woo-Hoo!!!

Jane...Hope the snotties go away soon. I find it difficult to get anything done while constantly blowing my nose. And blowing your nose just adds to that headache :( Take care!!

Sassy--Healing Hugs for your grandpa and stepgrandpa.

Cristina--I have joined many gyms in the past and a few that catered only to women and always get disapointed. We are fortunate to finally have a house that has room for a home gym. But do I use it like I should....NO!!! I have no excuse. I can go down there in ratty sweats and a t-shirt, no makeup, bedhead etc. The truth is that I just hate to exercise. I swore that this year would be the year to finally get in shape and I'm having a hard time keeping that promise to myself. Ok, I'm talking myself into it....I have 2 1/2 hr before I have to head out the door so I will head to the basement and exercise....now I feel better!!

Vann--sorry that your DS has the flu :( Plenty of fluids, rest, pamper him, Ibuprofen works on the muscle aches and keeps the fever down better than Tylenol. Prayers go out to ya Hon!

It is so cold today...won't be out of the 20's today with wind chills well under 0. I have to run my mom out for errands today. My dad died two years ago and my mom has Parkinson's and gave up driving several years ago. Even though I have two siblings that live close by, I always get the "Mom Duty" each week. I take her to all her doc appts., weekly grocery shopping, hair appt, nail appt, pick up prescriptions etc. You get the drift. Then I get to hear her complain that I never just sit and visit!! My other siblings see her weekly and just sit and gab with her and eat the goodies that I send over. Do they call ahead of time and offer to pick up groceries or such...no! I also take her out to lunch every week. It's hard to find places to not overeat. I try places like Panera Bread or a diner that I can just get a soup and salad. Sorry for the venting. Some weeks I would like to just sit on my can all day on my days off and I get so mad at myself for feeling resentful of my responsibilities with my Mom. Well, I did say that I was going to exercise before I left the house so I better get moving. Everyone have a wonderful day and I will check in later tonight.

Marti
02-06-2007, 11:43 AM
Good Morning Ladies--

Work wasn't so bad last night. I got a lot done. Now...for covering for TWO girls last night I did pretty good!

Tammy--That is what we're here for....so you can vent and let it out! I'm sorry that your siblings don't contribute to helping out more. It just shows what a big heart you have!

Sassy--Hugs to your family that they heal quickly. :hug:

Jane--I can't pinpoint exactly what got me determined this time.....but I am definately more determined than I have in years! I am just in awe that the weight is coming off. Who would have known that a little effort goes a long way?? And the little smile I see on James' face when I'm dancing around the house....he must really think I'm a lunatic! :lol:

Vann--Hugs to your little one having the flu! That is just going around this year. I've never seen so many influenza testing being done! Keep him warm and comfortable and hopefully he'll get better quickly.

Cristina--Have you been to curves before? I've only walked passed the one we had in town. And there wasn't anyone in there. I thought that would be perfect to have such little amounts of people while working out. The place ended up closing. Our town is too small. We already have a fitness gym down town and having two....I guess they couldn't keep the gals interested....they would rather watch the boys work out and flex muscle!:D

Jodi--What a talented boy you have, to be able to express himself in poetry! Losing a pet is so hard and especially for a young person. Very happy he's getting his feeling out and not holding them in.

Sue--How you doing?? I hope you're doing better. 85?? That's warm. We're having 55-60 up here. Hard to believe we had ice only a couple weeks ago!!

Hello to all the others out there. :wave:

I have got to get moving. I need to eat breakfast and get ready for work. Just don't wanna!!:)

Have a great day ladies!

Hello to all the other gals out there!!

FrouFrou
02-06-2007, 12:42 PM
Hello ladies...

VANN...you are welcome! And I hope your son gets to feeling better soon. There is a school here in a small town that closed their doors for the next few days because so many were sick.

TAMMY...that happened with my mom & Aunt and then DH. My mom and Aunt were left to care for my grandpa and the other 3 siblings wouldn't. But ditto what Marti said...it does show that you have a big heart. Funny, we too have a room we made into a gym...why don't we use them, lol? That was one of the reasons I joined because I knew that if I were paying for it I would go. Unlike it being at home where I just walk past the door, lol.

JANE...hope you get to feeling better.

MARTI...not been to a Curves before but they just opened one here in town. It's basically like It Figures, only a little better I think.

Again, not much going on with me. Getting some laundry done today and some cleaning. Already went and washed my car this morning. I know it is supposed to rain, snow or something by the end of the week but it was dirty. Came home and cleaned the inside really good. Having Ernie dog in there he gets is hair everywhere.

Dinner last night was nice. We were going to go out for our V-Day dinner next Monday after our WW meeting but decided to go last night. I so love Olive Garden and it was sooooo good, and fresh! I'm just really not into V-Day anymore for some reason...think it is too commercialized. I would rather get a card and/or flowers just because, not because some calendar says to. Anyway...after I get off here I am going to get a work out in. I can count my exercise points starting this week, woohoo. If I want that is...never counted them before so we will see.

Have a good day ladies! :wave:

Bandmom1011
02-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Marti- nice to see someone else who doesn't care for the football game. People seem to treat you like the anti-christ if you say that. I was a little perturbed last week and this week cause that was the talk at the WW meeting. I was the only one there that didn't watch and they all just looked at me.

Anyhow, I went out with my mom and grandma for shopping and lunch. We had to cut our day short because it started snowing really bad. It's so cold here too.

My husband is home today sick. Men are such babies when they get sick.

Well my WI wasn't great- but I didn't gain, didn't lose. The lady there told me not to get discouraged, which I am, but that my body could be dealing with things from 1-2 wks ago and that if I did well this week maybe it will show up next week. But of course I have been "good" for the past 4 wks, so what gives?

HELLO TO EVERYONE

Sassy_Chick
02-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Hope you all are keeping warm!

Jane
02-06-2007, 08:46 PM
Time for #233... see you there. :wave: