Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - anyone know the nutrition info on this oatmeal?

lewelaine
01-31-2007, 09:24 AM
I know this is an odd question... sorry.

I like instant oatmeal alot. Its good for a quick breakfast or dinner when I don't feel like making something. Since they don't really sell it in japan (only flavour is mushroom) I get american friends to mail it to me. They take them out of the original boxes to save room.

Anyway, I have tried to find the nutritional information on this one but I'm not having any luck. Anybody recognize it and can help me out?

thanks

https://home.comcast.net/~rewetzel/blueberryoatmeal.jpg

srmb60
01-31-2007, 09:28 AM
You should be able to find it at calorieking.com. Hope that helps.

kardia
01-31-2007, 10:26 AM
I actually have a box of this oatmeal in my cabinet! The brand name is Sturm's (which isn't on the individual packets).

Nutritional info:

Calories: 120
-Calories from fat: 25
Total fat: 2.5g
-No saturated or trans fat
-Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
-Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 90mg
Potassium: 350mg
Total Carb.: 22g
-Dietary Fiber: 6g
-Soluble Fiber: 4g
-Sugars: 1g
-Sugar Alcohols: 2g
Protein: 4g

It looks like it is packed full of vitamins, too!!

Oops.. looks like I'm going to be late to class. Hope this helped!!!! :)

LLV
01-31-2007, 10:47 AM
Mushroom oatmeal??? :yikes:

alinnell
01-31-2007, 11:05 AM
Mushroom oatmeal??? :yikes:

That just sounds disgusting!

rockinrobin
01-31-2007, 11:08 AM
Two foods that I love - but together? Yuck.

AquaWarlock
01-31-2007, 12:45 PM
The idea of mushroom oatmeal doesn't sound as gross to me - oatmeal itself can be savory or sweet (most folks prepare the latter) - I'd imagine that to be something like a mushroom risotto, with a nuttier (oattier?) flavor.

alinnell
01-31-2007, 03:40 PM
warlock--you know you're right. nelie posted a recipe for savory oats just the other day and I didn't think of it in that light.

LLV
01-31-2007, 04:47 PM
The idea of mushroom oatmeal doesn't sound as gross to me - oatmeal itself can be savory or sweet (most folks prepare the latter) - I'd imagine that to be something like a mushroom risotto, with a nuttier (oattier?) flavor.

I think I'll pass, lol.

It's a matter of expecting a certain flavor. Like the time I accidentally ate a big glob of wasabi thinking it was guacamole.

Woooooooooooo, let me tell you, I couldn't eat the rest of the day.

alinnell
01-31-2007, 05:32 PM
It's a matter of expecting a certain flavor. Like the time I accidentally ate a big glob of wasabi thinking it was guacamole.

OUCH!:hot: