Old 01-30-2007, 08:27 PM   #1  
here I go again...

Default Tyra Banks

Has anyone seen the stories about the media reporting how fat Tyra Banks has gotten? It's making me ill. Here's a woman who was UNDERWEIGHT during her modeling career and nobody thought twice about it. Now she's a normal weight and we're all supposed to be disgusted? Sorry for the rant, but I'm just so peeved that the media in this world is so hung up on weight and health be damned.

Tyra is so beautiful and its just painful to hear something like that. How are the rest of us supposed to feel about our bodies when someone can be torn down so easily for gaining enough weight to fall in the "normal" weight category? Grr.
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:38 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

She is doing a show on this, with her reaction. It airs on Thursday's episode here.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

yeah, and she wrote a note to her fans on her web site saying she was appalled as well. i have a feeling that the pictures were altered....she's going to wear the same bathing suit she was pictured in in a tabloid magazine and confront the rumors.
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

Hi, I said the same thing to my DH about her being so thin but as soon as she is at a normal weight for her height the media ridicule her. Don't we have more important things for the media to concentrate on. Like the poor in this country.
Sharon
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

i think its a sad statement of society and its sad to think that she is a great role model for girls and teaching them to love themselves for who they are..no matter what. And then along comes the media to mess it up and say she's fat. Very very sad.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:57 PM   #6  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

S/C/G: 262/198/160

Height: 5'7"

I saw the new people magazine at food lion earlier with her on the cover. Crazy! I think she looks pretty.
muzikjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Tabloids make me sick. They wonder why people have body image problems. Tyra weights 160 pounds which is perfectly healthy for someone who is 5'10". Actually I think she was too thin when she was modeling. I just watched the 4 minute CNN clip about it on Yahoo! and I think it is wonderful that she is speaking up about it and discrediting the tabloids. In the segment she had on the bathingsuit that they she wore in the photos and in my opinion one of two things happened. Either they altered the photos (entirely possible) or it is just an unflattering photo of her getting out of the water (also entirely possible).
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 01:50 AM   #8  
My weight isnt awesome

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Height: 5'9"

Tyra is my role model. She is about 2 inches taller than me and weighs about 10-15 pounds lighter than me. She is drop dead gorgeous and a beautiful person inside and out. I got the people magazine and they show the pictures and the last thing they write about her is how she has dedicated her life to being a great person to young women in life. Although she was a lot skinnier in her modeling days, she did it the right way and exercised and ate the right stuff. And she was also the only model I can think of that looked the healthiest for being a model. She never made herself throw up or skipped meals. She loves food and makes sure to tell us all the time that she does! And seeing her in that bathing suit on the front, she looks beautiful, you can see it in her face that she is happy with herself and how she looks.
mindytheawesome is offline   Reply With Quote