100 lb. Club - I've had a bad day!

View Full Version : I've had a bad day!

RitzyFritz
01-30-2007, 07:52 PM
Okay, I know this is the place to come when I have had a bad day, and this is truly the first real bad day I have had since starting in January. I feel like I could eat a horse, craving chocolate, the whole 9 yards. I am a day or two away from TOM, but I don't recall ever really blowing it this badly before around this time. I think I cheated in every way possible today, and I honestly feel terrible emotionally as well as physically. I am just hoping that I can pull myself up by the boot straps and get back on track tomorrow. I usually do 30-60 minutes of treadmill a day but today I could only do 17!! What's up with all this?

Anyway....I just had to vent, I guess. Not sure that it accomplished anything other than just getting it off my chest. :?: Thanks for listening.

SexyRevealed
01-30-2007, 07:59 PM
WOW, I came here to post the exact same thing!!! I went to bed early last night so I could get up early... and I overslept. I tried to keep my eating in check all day, but when I got home we ordered Chinese and I got steamed dumplings. Not too bad, but still not what I wanted to do. I'm a couple of days before TOM too, and I just feel BAD for no reason. Hang in there girl. This will pass.

RitzyFritz
01-30-2007, 08:02 PM
Whew...I'm sorry you have had a bad day, but it sure makes me feel a "tad" better knowing that I have help rowing this little boat back to shore!

Thanks for the encouragement, and here's to you and me both to have a better day tomorrow!

LisaMarie71
01-30-2007, 08:03 PM
Don't worry about it!! Just move right on and get back on track! Don't let this set you back. These things happen -- they're part of life -- and how quickly you can get back on track will be what determines how successful you are in the long run. We're here for you -- vent whenever you want!! We all need to do it! :grouphug:

RitzyFritz
01-30-2007, 08:05 PM
Aw, thanks, Lisa! You are so kind...I so appreciate it!! I can definitely see you know what you are talking about. You have had tremendous success!

Thanks again, and here's for a better tomorrow!

SexyRevealed
01-30-2007, 08:07 PM
Thanks Lisa for the encouragement!

And Ritzy, tomorrow WILL be better!!! :hug:

RitzyFritz
01-30-2007, 08:14 PM
I agree, Tiffany. Thanks again!!

Mrs Quadcrew
01-30-2007, 08:16 PM
This day is over and tomorrow is brand new.....and we're here for you! YOU CAN DO THIS!!

RitzyFritz
01-30-2007, 08:18 PM
Hey, Mrs. Quadcrew!! Funny how we KNOW these things but the support we get from others is SO important, I'm finding out! You are such an encouragement. Thanks ever so much! I needed the reminder that I am to take one day at a time. Thanks for being here for us. I almost didn't post because it felt a little silly, but then I thought twice about it because I knew I needed to put it down somewhere that I had missed the mark today. It keeps me accountable AND there is the added benefit of wonderful 3FC folks who are SO wonderfully supportive!!!

melsfolly
01-30-2007, 08:32 PM
RitzyFritz and Tiffany
You both fell a little off program today, you both feel bad both physically and mentally. And food didn't help you at all to get over those feelings!! The lesson here is...food isn't going to fix whatever the problem might be, so there is no reason to even go back there tomorrow. :D

Kick butt tomorrow!! I know you can both do it!!

Melissa

RitzyFritz
01-30-2007, 08:41 PM
Melissa - you are sooooooo right! Thanks for the encouragement! If I cannot pick myself up and fly straight tomorrow after all the help from 3FC, I need an examination between my ears!! Thanks so much!!

Cheryl14
01-30-2007, 08:53 PM
Hi Ritzy!

The good news is you recognized the slip and you did something about it- you posted it here! :) Know that probably all of us have been right where you were today MANY TIMES:o !

Hormones can be very powerful things!

This was just one day. One day of eating poorly won't ruin anything, and this MAY have been a really good learning experience for you!:)

Good luck tomorrow! Be sure to eat enough and eat every few hours so that you keep up your blood sugar level. Increase your fiber which will help you feel full. Drink enough water, too. It will be just fine!

Hugs!:hug:

Cheryl

sharonrr
01-30-2007, 08:55 PM
:hug: Hey ladies, The next time you have those cravings tell your husbands it's time for a quickie. Your brain will be satisfied and so will you.:devil:
Sharon

RitzyFritz
01-30-2007, 08:55 PM
Thanks, Cheryl! Those were great words of advice, and I really appreciate them! Thanks for taking the time to help me back on my feet (albeit virtually). I really feel like I have regrouped just since posting about it! You are right, it probably will be something I can recall when I'm tempted to do it again! Thanks again....everyone on here is SO wonderful, and I really appreciate it!!

RitzyFritz
01-30-2007, 08:57 PM
:hug: Hey ladies, The next time you have those cravings tell your husbands it's time for a quickie. Your brain will be satisfied and so will you.:devil:
Sharon

Sharon - this is hilarious!!! And what if we don't have a husband!? (Just kidding!! I have the most wonderful husband on the planet!). Just had to throw that out there.

This was too funny!! Thanks for the insight. I would have never thought about THAT being a solution! :D

sharonrr
01-30-2007, 08:58 PM
:dizzy: Gotta laugh right.
Sharon

RitzyFritz
01-30-2007, 09:00 PM
:dizzy: Gotta laugh right.
Sharon

Sure 'nuf! How many calories does a good laugh burn? LOL!!

shelby897
01-30-2007, 09:01 PM
Sharon -- I really like your idea - but I think my husband would start leaving chocolate around just to tempt me!!!

You know, I also had one of my worst days, thank god you guys are here!! I feel horrible, physically and emotionally about it and do not wish to feel this way again tomorrow, so with everyone else -- back on track for me!! There was nothing I ate today that tasted so good I want to go through this again.

sharonrr
01-30-2007, 09:03 PM
It doesn't matter. But not laughing is probably what got me at this weight in the first place.
Sharon:^:

RitzyFritz
01-30-2007, 09:04 PM
Sharon -- I really like your idea - but I think my husband would start leaving chocolate around just to tempt me!!!

You know, I also had one of my worst days, thank god you guys are here!! I feel horrible, physically and emotionally about it and do not wish to feel this way again tomorrow, so with everyone else -- back on track for me!! There was nothing I ate today that tasted so good I want to go through this again.

Wow!! I guess I really wasn't alone today huh? Goodness...is the weather to blame or what? LOL!! Just kidding.

Here's wishing ALL of us a better tomorrow! We can - and WILL - do better tomorrow.:hug: Now...off to the treadmill - seriously! This is how much I have been inspired by these words of encouragement already! Thanks to you all!!!

RitzyFritz
01-30-2007, 09:06 PM
It doesn't matter. But not laughing is probably what got me at this weight in the first place.
Sharon:^:

THIS is definitely true. Gotta have joy no matter what. See y'all later! I'm going to the treadmill!!

sharonrr
01-30-2007, 09:08 PM
Shelby we can all do this. :carrot: Exercise when you feel like grabbing something awful to eat. We all know the tricks we just have to do them. Just tell your men that this crazy lady says I need to do this for my weight loss.
Sharon

shelby897
01-30-2007, 09:48 PM
That's it, I put all of you "in charge" and promise to do whatever you say :D We all know exactly what to do, so why don't we always do it??!! There are always going to be bad days, but I think as long as the good days outnumber them, we are okay. Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow
And a little of this for good measure -:dust:

SexyRevealed
01-30-2007, 09:52 PM
I love this forum! I feel better already! Thank you everyone for your encouragement.

Sharon, I love your suggestion! LOL. I may have to start bringing hubby to work with me. ;)

Melissa, you are absolutely right! Food didn't help AT ALL. In fact, I felt worse afterwards. Lesson learned.

Here's to tomorrow!!!

rockinrobin
01-30-2007, 10:02 PM
I don't think that it is humanly possible to NOT have a bad day every now and then. I think we have to realize that yes, it's going to happen. We've all got our days, for whatever reason. The good thing is, is that you feel badly about it. This is huge progresss. It will make you jump right back on track. We don't want one bad day turning into 2 or 4 or 6. A bad day is just that a, a bad DAY. One teeny, tiny little 24 hour period. Tomorrow's a new day with a new opportunity for improvement and betterment. :hug:

RebaR
01-30-2007, 10:25 PM
Any one have a husband they want to loan out?? :D (or a brother, or a uncle, or a cousin??? )

shelby897
01-30-2007, 11:14 PM
Well, that gets into a whole new thread!!! :D
I would love to loan mine out, most days -- but unfortunately for you, today is a good, "keeper" kind of day!!!

SexyRevealed
01-31-2007, 02:25 PM
LOL Shelby!

Reba, You can have mine today... he's getting on my last nerve.

rockinrobin
01-31-2007, 02:30 PM
Mine's been okay today, now last week there were one or two days - he coulda been all yours.

Sandi
01-31-2007, 02:35 PM
So to all that had a bad day yesterday...how are you doing today?

RitzyFritz
01-31-2007, 02:39 PM
Sexy and Robin: You two are hilarious!

Sandi: Thanks SO MUCH for checking on us! I'm doing MUCH better today. Can you believe, I have actually stayed away from some candy that was brought into the house (chocolate - a weakness of mine) ALL BECAUSE of the support I received yesterday!? Not that it hasn't called my name a time or two....but my mind goes back to the wonderful support I had yesterday from here, and I just get a renewed determination...I ain't goin' there again today! LOL!!

Thanks again!!! This support is TRULY wonderful and SO appreciated!!

SexyRevealed
01-31-2007, 04:31 PM
Hey Sandi, thanks for checking up. I DIDN'T JUMP! LOL.

Ritzy, I'm glad you feel better. I feel so much better today too! You avoided candy, I walked past a cookie... Looks like our blues are behind us. I've been OP all day, and I've drank so much water today that I wonder if I can make my 45 minute ride home. Thank you so much ladies for your encouragement!

RitzyFritz
01-31-2007, 05:14 PM
Good for you, Tiffany!! We are going to make it after all! LOL!!

Now, how about you, Shelby? Feeling better today?

Mrs Quadcrew
01-31-2007, 10:02 PM
Glad to hear you both had a much better day today!!!

RitzyFritz
02-01-2007, 10:21 AM
Glad to hear you both had a much better day today!!!

Thanks! I'm doing even better today (so far! LOL!!)

Here's wishing everyone a successful OP day!

RitzyFritz
02-03-2007, 06:18 AM
Just checking on you, Tiffany and Shelby! Hope things have gotten calmer and you are having success with your weight loss journeys!

We can - and we WILL - do this!

SexyRevealed
02-03-2007, 07:51 PM
Hey Ritzy! Yup, I'm back to my old self. TOM is officially here, but my mood has improved. PMS is a killer sometimes. I think it was that combined with my new lifestyle that I'm still adjusting to... Glad it's behind me though. How are you feeling?

RitzyFritz
02-07-2007, 02:22 PM
Glad to hear it, Tiffany (well, except for the PMS going on)!! I'm doing much better myself. I have had motivation come my way in the FUNNIEST form! My middle sister (just older than me) has lost like 75 lbs since the middle of Nov. 2006 (that is NOT a typo), and I heard today that my oldest sister (10 years my senior) is going to do the same diet my other sister did. They both know I'm not for this kind of diet (it is a physician supervised protein diet) because it isn't teaching them LIFESTYLE CHANGE! But, when I got off the phone with my oldest sister today, I had the greatest sense of motivation to show them that it can be done without those quick fixes and in a healthy way. **Grant it - I KNOW that sometimes these diets are good for those with a lot of weight and a lot of health problems that they need the weight to come of quickly. However, my sisteres were just not motivated enough to change their lifestyle without going this route, and I have read where so many of these folks end up gaining it back because they didn't learn to eat properly and in a way that they can live the rest of their lives. Anyway....sorry for the long reply; I'm just pumped up about this now.

Keep on keeping on!! We are changing our future one meal and workout at a time!