01-30-2007, 02:05 PM
Hey there, I'm on WW and I have not been able to find a GOOD chicken tikka masala recipe (or really any Indian food).
I would absolutely love if anyone could share or point me towards a good chicken tikka masala recipe that's decent in points (under 8 per serving [excluding rice and naans] preferably).
P.S. I'm open to other low or moderate point Indian recipes too.
02-11-2007, 07:12 PM
Chicken Tikka Masala 9pts
2/3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tsp ginger root, fresh, grated
2 medium garlic clove(s), minced
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 pound boneless chicken breast, 3oz, cut into 2-inch chunks
2 tsp olive oil
1 medium garlic clove(s), minced
1 medium jalapeno pepper(s), minced
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
8 oz canned tomato sauce
1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
1/4 cup cilantro, fresh, chopped
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 cup cooked white rice, basmati, kept hot
1. To make chicken, in a large bowl, whisk together first seven ingredients. Add chicken and toss to coat. Cover bowl and marinate for 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
2. Preheat outdoor grill, stovetop grill pan or nonstick skillet.
3. Skewer chicken pieces onto four metal or wooden skewers. Grill or cook skewers in a hot skillet for 5 to 7 minutes, until chicken is cooked through, turning frequently. (Make sure to soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes to prevent charring.)
4. To make sauce, heat oil in a large, high-sided skillet (or wide saucepan) over medium heat. Add remaining minced garlic clove and jalapeno and cook 1 minute. Add remaining teaspoon of cumin and paprika and stir to coat. Add tomato sauce and evaporated milk, reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Remove grilled chicken from skewers. Add to tomato mixture and simmer 1 minute to heat through. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro. Serve with rice. Yields about 1 cup of chicken and 1/2 cup of rice per serving