Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 01-29-2007, 08:50 AM   #1  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Arrow I have some ONEderful news!

I've made it ONEderland. Monday's are my weigh-in day and I am down 2 lbs since last week, which brings me to 199 lbs. I am very pleased to have that little 1 in front of my weight. It's been a looong time. Although I can't tell you exactly how long, since I had avoided the scale for close to 15 years prior to my lifestyle change. 199 is a very nice number indeed since I started this venture at 287 lbs. But I've still got a lot of work that needs to be done. I am really looking forward to losing another 12 lbs which will bring my total weightloss to 100lbs. And then there's 175 and 160 and 143 (half of my former self) and then 130 and 125 and who knows........it's all up to me.

Some things I've discovered so far and some random thoughts in no particular order:

-Knowing how or why I let myself get so heavy in the first place is irrelevant. Still not sure as to why I thought it was okay to be so fat. Still not sure why I thought I didn't deserve the chance to have the very best possible life that I can have. Still not sure why I was willing to settle for second best, when first was within my reach. I may never know. You don't need to figure everything out before you make a change.

-I spend a lot less time worrying now. I was always worried when I was 287 lbs. Worried when I had to go to a social event - what would I wear? Would I get a "good" seat? Would I have to stand a lot? What would I wear? I was worried about my children's school functions, some issues as above. Going to a movie was worrisome, would the aisle seat be available and would I be able to get it? Every single party and event brought on tons and tons of anxieties. What if there's folding chairs? Would I break it? Or lawn chairs? Beach chairs? Yup, I was always worried about chairs. I haven't flown for over 13 years due to this fact. For the record I no longer worry about them any more. Then there was the constant worrying about putting myself at increased risk for certain cancers and heart disease and diabetes. I just spent an awful lot of time worrying. Now, not so much. I spend more time doing.

-Clothes shopping is an absolute joy now. I actually cried in a dressing room recently. I became so overwhelmed by the fact that I was in a regular sized store. I simply can not wait to see what it will be like as I get closer to my goal.

-Food was never the enemy, or the scale - it was me the whole time. I was my own worst enemy.

-My old life was full of shame. Being so sedentary and inactive was a big source of embarassment for me. That is no longer the case. The ability to exercise and have movement and activity in one's life is a joy and a blessing.

-I absolutely love how I eat now. I am so proud of my food choices. The healthy foods in normal sized-portions. I was ashamed of how I used to eat. I had to hide it from the world. I felt sneaky and dirty. Just yuck. I can now shout out my eating habits from the rooftops. I eat just as healthy as anyone else, if not more so.

-Collar bones are sexier and prettier then any diamond necklace in the world. Without a doubt!

-It is absolutely possible to reprogram the brain. This new lifestyle is completely ingrained in my brain. It's like I've discovered a new religon or something. And I like it. I've done a complete 180.

-Determination and commitment increases as you go along. Obsession is an added bonus.

-Energy is a wonderful, wonderful thing. And very new to me. I like it.

-I am so lucky to have found 3FC. I have learned a lot from this place.

-I loved food before, I love it now, maybe more so. Though I definitely love myself more.

-Nothing tastes quite as delicious as walking up a flight of stairs without getting winded. Nothing tastes quite as yummy as being able to get off the floor quickly.

-I've given up nothing by giving up the high calorie, high fat, high sugar, high quantity of food. Nothing, nothing, nothing. I have gained so much in every aspect of my life. There is not one area that has not seen great improvement, socially, physically, mentally. From minor things to major things.

-Food should not be used for consolement, boredom, lonliness, anger, happiness and the such. Remeber it IS possible to reprogram the brain.

-Food was my so called drug of choice. But it was my indeed my choice. I am the one that chose to eat my way up to 287lbs. I now choose to be healthy and fit and trim and active. We can't change our height ( ), our eye color or the weather. We have no control over those things. We most certainly have the control over our weight, maybe not down to the last few pounds or so, but we have control over it for the most part. We have the power. It's always been there. Like Dorothy and her red slippers. She always had the power to get back to Kansas, she just didn't always know it.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 01-29-2007 at 08:56 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:04 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow! Good for you! Congratulations, not only for getting to ONEderland, but on your mindset!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:05 AM   #3  
Meg

Yay Robin! Congratulations on Onederland ... I've been watching your ticker and knew it would be any day now.

and

Awesome post!!!!

Just fantastic! I agree with every word that you wrote. You get it, you really do get it, and that's what's going to take you to your goal - and keep you there for the rest of your life. This journey we're on isn't always going to be easy or fun, but it IS possible ... and so, so worth every bit of effort and sacrifice.

I know you've been exercising all along - I've seen your fabulous stats! - but now's the time to really become an exercise fanatic. It's going to reshape your body and help you get to goal with your metabolism all fired up. Grab those dumbbells, chickie, and let's get tight and strong!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

Congrats, your story is very inspiring. My eyes got all wet.
Sharon
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Congratulations! You are such an asset to this site. I'm so glad you found us and that I can watch you succeed.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:30 AM   #6  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations Robin! I am so impressed by your weight loss, your lifestyle changes, and most of all - your attitude. Your energy is phenomenal. You must be so proud of yourself. You are such an inspiration to so many people here on 3FC, and I imagine so much more of one to the people who know you in person. Incredible! I hope you take good care of yourself and enjoy every single minute, way to go

Do you mind me asking how you lost so much weight since September? Every time I came on and saw your ticker, I'd be like wowzers...
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Robin -- congrats!!!!! You DO have a great attitude!!

I agree with Meg about the exercise. I haven't lost any weight in months, but because of my weight training have gone down in size in that time. I AM reshaping my body!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 275/202/140

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations Robin, I'm sure you feel onederful. Your post is such an inspriation, thank you. I hope to join you in onederland before too long.
wanna b thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:16 AM   #9  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

You ROCK, Robin!! CONGRATS!!!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:18 AM   #10  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

robin!!!!!

ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:19 AM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Thank you gals. You're just the best!!!! Each and everyone of you. That's why I love it here.

Meg, thanks for all your help and the vote of confidence. I think I just may be an exercise fanatic already. I have exercised from the begining, but I'd say within the last month or so I have been really obsessive about it. I haven't broken out the dumbells just yet. I am absolutely loving my new resistance band though. Dumbells are just around the corner for me.

Susan, coming from you those words are especially precious to me. Thank you.

Sharonrr, thank you so much. It still boggles the mind that I can be inspirational to someone. I see you are new here. You are lucky to have found this place. I know I surely am.

Wyllenn, I will definitely take your advice anytime about anything. I am glad to hear you are benefiting from weight training. Your word is as good as gold, so yup I will be looking to make improvements in that area.

wannabethin, thank you. Come on over, there's plenty of room!!

Thank you so much ennay and LBH!!

beautifulone, Thank you so much for your kind words. You are a doll!!! I don't always like to focus on the when I started my journey. Some people have been very down on me for losing relatively quickly. Not that I'm anywhere near done. So, yes I started on September 4, 2006. I think the one reason that it has come off as quickly as it has a lot to do with what I posted. It all came from the brain and reprogramming it. Determination has been key. That is without a doubt the number one reason I have lost the weight. I want this so badly that I have had no major slip ups since September 3. NONE. I've had a couple of minor slip-ups, but nothing major.
I know many, many people recommend taking baby steps, cutting out a little of this and a bit of that, but that was not the approach I have taken. For me it was all or nothing. It's just the type of personality that I have. I started eating healthy, completely and totally. Healthy, nutritious food in normal sized portion. I added exercise as well from day one, increasing as I go along. But again I really want to stress that for me the major factor in losing has been my brain and my thoughts on food and it's role in my life. I just simply decided that I didn't want to be fat anymore. As soon as I made the decison to no longer be fat, the rest has been relatively easy. It gets easier every day as I get more and more into my new lifestyle. I just hope it remains that way.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:28 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 256/202.2/155

Height: 5'6.5

WOO HOO
ROBIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your post made me cry and I felt a new desire to keep doing this!!!
THANK YOU!
What a great post and a fabulous accomplishment.
I'd love to know how you're doing it too.
ENjoy this moment.

Tracy
tqvirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:33 AM   #13  
I don't look back

S/C/G: 235 / 196.2 / 145

Height: 5'4"

Default ...

Congrats Robin!! I am so happy for you!

Don't ever doubt your impact on the folks here. You have responded to a few of my threads and you've always been very supportive. You are a doll! Enjoy your day and your new weight! It is a great ephoric feeling. Revel in it.
Losingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:47 AM   #14  
Ilene the Bean

Robin, you go girl!! ... You are an inspiration for sure... Do you have before and after pics posted somewhere?
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:53 AM   #15  

Robin -- You are a gift to this website -- I am just starting and I am depressed this morning and was headed for a binge when I logged on and read your thread -- thank you, thank you, thank!! I've stopped, regrouped and am ready to tackle the rest of the day. You have so many good points, ideas, etc. -- you are an asset to this website. Congratulations - you've done an amazing job!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote