Simply Filling/Core - Core Chat: January 29- February 5, 2007

Tejas
01-29-2007, 09:11 AM
Good morning, and here's some new pages.

:cofdate:

There are posts from last night on last week's board. Don't forget to catch up!

Rhonda

Katpo
01-29-2007, 12:12 PM
Good morning, chickies.

Vickie, this is for you from all of us. :grouphug: Stay strong, my friend.

The folks from the Air Force are starting to trickle in. Testing doesn't start until this afternoon but they are catering in lunch for everyone all week. Today is Panda Express, tomorrow is from a local Italian place, Wednesday is breakfast burritos from Marquez (another local place but their tortillas are sold nationwide) and then Thursday is chili, stew and cornbread from Red, Hot & Blue. I brought my lunch today so I wouldn't be tempted but we'll see how that goes. Panda is one of my favorites. Plus the scale was 142.0 this morning, darn it. I was hoping to be under 141. Oh well. My weigh-in on Thursday for the first week of the challenge should still be good. I'm hoping for 139. I think a lot of my 142 is from eating out a few times over the weekend. It wasn't exactly what I'd call low-sodium.

Be back in a bit.

MDturtle0624
01-29-2007, 04:23 PM
:hug: Vickie :hug:

:wave:Hi ladies!!

Today has been incredibly busy! I'm still not done everything for the new semester to start tomorrow (for my students) and I only have 20-25 minutes before I need to leave for my grad class :headache: Looks like I will be up late tonight and up super early tomorrow... there really aren't enough hours in the day!

Anyway, I still need to get a lot done.. so I am out for tonight!

I hope ya'll have had a fab day! :D

thingirlinside
01-29-2007, 04:46 PM
Good afternoon ladies!
Today has been some day already, I was in my kitchen cleaning up and I hear scratching and thumping in my attic, now I am freaking because it is getting louder and more frantic. I called my dh six times to come home, I am telling him we have a animal in the attic, now I hear it really loud in my bathroom, there is a vent in my bathroom ceiling that is a little loose, so now I am getting all panicky that whatever is lurking in my attic is going to come through the vent, so I close my bathroom door and block the bottom of the door with a towel. Dh finally comes home ang goes into the attic, our attic is more of a crawl space that is the length of the house. He does not see any animal but he does see a bit of daylight, looks like something was trying to get into the attic, hopefully it did not get in and was hiding from him. He was out there for quite a while and patched up the hole it made trying to get in.
It was so creepy, I was really freaked out, I was picturing a rat or something like it. More than likely it was a squirrel, we have tons of those here, but I think I spooked myself.

Kathy my brother use to be in the Air Force, he was stationed at Dover in Delaware.

Vickie here are some more :grouphug:

I have to get ds from the school bus, I'll read what I missed and catch up.

ontarget
01-29-2007, 05:13 PM
hi there, ladies. we're home from training. i started shooting my longbow again today after being off from it about a month. it was fun to "fling" those arrows again.

frouf, i'm going to have popcorn and a movie later today either before or after w a. i thought of what you'd written about your anniversary dinner making you sick. the same thing happened to me this weekend. we ate some rich sweets (and i normally won't touch sugar when i'm competing) and a big meal at "old chicago" sat night. i was sick sat night and sunday. lots of trips to the rr between shooting ends. maybe my weight is down today because of all of my trips up and down the stairs. the rr was on the floor above where we were competing.

thank you for asking about the tournament. ahem...... how do i word this? let's just say this was a wonderful learning experience. i had trouble keeping my mental game intact. no excuses. i should have kept my focus (much like i should keep focused on being op). by the last 3 shots of the tournament i thought that everything that could go wrong had, but i was wrong. there was one more to come. when i was walking up to shoot my last 3 arrows, my belt holding my quiver/arrows fell off my waist. i had to grab it and put it on. the timer saw me and didn't start the clock till i was "dressed". that was nice of him. i don't think many places would have waited on me. oh, well. life goes on.

we are going to butte this sat/sun for another tournament. this will be our last before we go to salt lake city in march. i'm going to shoot my compound and my longbow this time. i'm working on my mental game right now for both archery and ww.

hi there, mdturgle. it's good to meet you. i'm a retired teacher. been there done that with the grading. that's a very very good photo of you. thank you for sharing. it's good to "see" what all the chickies look like. some of us have photos posted over in our personal stuff. the best way to find us is to click our username then go to "public profile." thank you again for letting us see you. curtis and i went to kuau'i a few years ago. how did you like the roosters in the mornings? :lol: we still talk about them. we went on our first anniversary. that would be 2000. we're old but we're still newlyweds.

coco, your being back is inspiring me, too. it's good to see your posts. you're right. we just have to forgive ourselves and get back on track. i was shocked when i got on the scales this am. my weight was down from friday. i guess i did better than i'd thought on our trip.

paula, you and your mom will mend that fence. i'm glad you're recognizing that it's grief causing her irritibility.

vickie, :hug: i'm thinking of you. come back here as soon as you can. you need the normalcy of being here--and we need you. :hug:

ontarget
01-29-2007, 05:20 PM
i just copied and pasted the post i put on last week's here. this is 2 weeks in a row that i posted on the wrong week. oh, well. lucy lives.

kathy, my weight was back to where i'd started last week but i was relieved. guess these are just numbers and we shouldn't worry too much but it's hard, isn't it?

rhonda, thank you for the new pages.

noises in the attic? i'd freak, too. i'm going to be here by myself for several days/nights in march. i'll prob freak a few times then. i'm afraid of our furnace room downstairs. i know that's silly for a 60 year old woman to be afraid but that furnace makes weird noises. :lol:

Froufy
01-29-2007, 06:17 PM
Wow Niki - that sounds pretty scary to me. I once had a bird come down the chimney into the fireplace - luckily had the glass in place - but it was sure freaking me out - and the bird wasn't too happy either (and this was when I was divorced so no one to help me out) but I worked at this lab with lots of vets so at lunchtime (I lived only 5 mins away) I got one of them to come to my house - I of course stood outside - and they went it to get the bird and let it go!

And in our new house here they put these cheap plastic vents up - and the birds love to build their next in the dryer vent - yes dh had to get this big wire to scrape it all up - cut a hole in the garage ceiling too - what a big mess for one little bird - we now have chicken wire across the vents to prevent this happening again.

Sandra - sounds like you did okay - despite the 'dropped' belt! I guess your body is also telling you what you should and should not eat! I know the feeling!

Good luck Ann with your class tonight and with being prepared for tomorrow!

Kathy - sounds like a yummy time at your work - I would find it VERY HARD to resist all that food! My scale also up bit - probably and hopefully due to sodium - trying to drink more water today (not doing that great a job tho :()

And looks like Ray and some of my other internet cruise pals have already got their cruise DOCUMENTS - I am so jealous and can't wait to get mine too - it makes it all seem more real!

Time to head home! I am starving by the way!

Froufie

septembersgoal
01-29-2007, 07:33 PM
OK I couldn't wait to get home and tell you all that I actually had a loss at w/i tonight! My first ever w/i (well last week was the starting w/i) and I had a 1.8 pound loss!! Yippee!! That was really exciting considering that I did not follow a plan last week at all. I just wasn't focused and then the whole episode with the car...I tried to make good choices but wasn't following flex or core. But still a loss! I'm thrilled!

thingirlinside
01-29-2007, 07:40 PM
Hey melissa congratulations on the loss!!

septembersgoal
01-29-2007, 07:43 PM
Thank you Niki!

I'm going to go cook some dinner, then I'll catch up with you all.

Katpo
01-29-2007, 09:26 PM
Yay, Melissa!! You go!

I was sitting right on 145.0 tonight, which is 3 more than morning. I KNOW not to do it, but still I do. So here's the deal: I'm not weighing until Thursday morning. If I have to take out the battery, I will.

And I had some beer tonight. Good grief, when will I learn? And some popcorn this afternoon, which was totally unplanned. I went into the breakroom and someone had made popcorn (we have a big theater type machine) and then walked off and left it. The popped corn had come out, but the kettle was still spinning and there was burned, very burned popcorn in it. I turned it off and dumped it out, then figured while I was there I might as well have some. Some of the good stuff, not that burned popcorn. I ate about a cup probably.

Well, anyway, there's always tomorrow. I keep thinking that "tomorrow" is the day I start behaving and not having the bad stuff. It's true what they say though ... tomorrow never comes.

Oh and hey, I bought some Cherry Coke Zero today. It's new here and someone said it was really good. I hope to substitute my morning stop for a real Coke with this. We'll see.

coco99
01-29-2007, 09:31 PM
Evening Everyone
Just a quick post. Had WI tonight. And wasnt good. But knew it wouldnt be. I gained 2 1/2 lbs.
So tomorrow. New day. New begining.
And put what happen last week behind. Cause I cant change it. I can only learn from what I did. And try and not do that this week.
But it is still upsetting. Cause I just figured it out. I had lost 52 lbs. And I have gained 30 back. So I really need something. But dont know what. But I know that if stop going to WW. I would have gained it all back. That is all I see good right now.
Well I better get off here.
Hope everyone had a great day.
coco

Katpo
01-29-2007, 09:45 PM
Came back to report that I just had four Girl Scout cookies. I need someone to come over here and duct tape my mouth.

Froufy
01-29-2007, 11:03 PM
I KNOW not to do it, but still I do. So here's the deal: I'm not weighing until Thursday morning. If I have to take out the battery, I will. Kathy - I"m with you - our own personal scale challenge? We SHALL NOT WEIGH OURSELVES UNTIL THE OFFICIAL END OF WEEK 1 LOSE TO CRUISE WEIGH IN ON THURSDAY MORNING! Pinky swear okay? (this is going to be really hard! but I think it will help me to stop obsessing about the numbers so much and being disappointed when there is a slight increase...sigh....)

Melissa - great weigh in - congrats on your loss!

Coco - a new beginning tomorrow! You can do it!

Sandra - what movie did you watch? any good?

I did not exercise tonight - dropped dd off at dance class - off to the mall to get the Lancome item and bonus gift - but of course all out of the waterproof mascara I wanted so now I have to wait til they call me - hopefully BEFORE the bonus ends. I did score a sample of the new Fatale mascara - very weird brush - I'm told I should 'practice' when I have 15-20 mins to put on my mascara???? Ya right!!!

Then to the library to return/get books, to Starbucks to pick up a decaf and back to pick up dd - just got home a while ago and think I shall go to bed early tonight!

Froufie

Katpo
01-29-2007, 11:04 PM
Pinky swear. I am serious! Those numbers are going to drive me crazy if I don't get a grip!

Tejas
01-29-2007, 11:35 PM
Hi:

The board reads like "True Confessions" tonight ;) I am craving chocolate. So, I bought a 70% cocoa chocolate bar and will have a square of that. But, I could just go out and eat a CHOCOLATE ELEPHANT (that's for Kathy's new line).

It's January, I promise, that is such a challenge. No sun, cold, dark...but it's getting lighter so let's celebrate that!

I'll go sign up for the Cruise Challenge and that will give me a goal. That will help.

Melissa :cheer: Good for you!

Sandra: Welcome back, we missed you!

Rhonda

ontarget
01-30-2007, 12:10 AM
hi there. i'm back. i didn't watch any movies this afternoon afterall. curtis was working on my compound bows so i did some "modeling" with them. i think he has them tweaked to just the right draw length now. hopefully, i'll start shooting better with them.

i did go to :swim: and had a great time. after i got home, we had dinner and watched 'prison break". now curtis is watching something else and i'm here on the puter. it's snowing outside so i doubt we'll hot tub tonight.

frouf, you'll get your cruise documents soon. (i'd be like you and really be wanting them now, though.)

:woohoo: melissa!! that's a good loss.

kathy, let us know about that new coke. a cup of popcorn isn't bad. now that beer? well, you probably had the points left.

coco, join the club. we've all been yoyos. as my mom used to say, "at least we never give up."

tape is on its way, kathy.

kathy and frouf, i'm still going to hop on those scales in the am. if they are up, i'll not hop on again till friday's wi.

rhonda, i could eat a chocolate elephant, too. yesterday i had some of those ww 1 pt chocolates made by hmmmmmmmmm? it starts with an "s". for the life of me i can't remember the name. anyway, i had chocolate covered coconut and almond something or other. (what's with me and words tonight?) i like your idea of posting highest weight. that makes you feel good to see how well you're doing, doesn't it?

i'm off to play scrabble. maybe i'll be able to come up with some high point words. pun intended.

Vickie
01-30-2007, 07:58 AM
Hey Chicks. One day down and one to go. Yesterday was a nightmare but my Honey Lamb tells me that I was a very brave chick. I was not in control but I don't think anyone expected me to be. Sooooooo many people were there. I wasn't the only one that loved her. She was involved in the grammar school, the high school, girl scouts, market day, church and in her neigborhood. Many, many people came to me and said, Oh You're Vickie, Cindy loved you very much. There is NO doubt in my mind that Cindy sent them to tell me.

Today is goodbye. Then tomorrow I try to get my life and my diet back on track.

Katpo
01-30-2007, 09:02 AM
Vickie, it does sound like you did better than you think. More prayers for today.

I think I'm going to go into work an hour or so later this morning. I just can't spring out of bed today for some reason.

I'll check back later ...

Tejas
01-30-2007, 11:27 AM
Hi:

Vickie, I'm so pleased that you are getting to talk to others to share your grief and see all those people who loved, and were loved by, her. It all helps with incorporating the loss and the memories into the next part of your own life without her physical presence.

On to the more mundane: I've got a challenging day today. Another interview with a candidate for a faculty position. That means eating. But, we're going to a place where I get healthy food so that will help.

I won't be back until late. I hope you all have a good Core or Flore day!

Rhonda

thingirlinside
01-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Good afternoon ladies, just stopping by to say hi. I am not feeling too well today, just feel very nauseous and have had a headache since last night.
And no, I am not pregnant(lol). If I feel up to it I will check back later, hope everyone os having a great day.

blessedwithsarah
01-30-2007, 04:36 PM
Afternoon all. I have to pat myself on the back, I have kept my eating under control these past few day. Today, TOM showed and I'm still on track. I took Sarah to McDonalds for pancakes for bf, I had a coffee. I made pumpkin snack cake for me to have later and then bf this week. WI is tomorrow and I'm hopeful for a loss.

I did talk to my mom Monday. She is in a better frame of mind. Basically, after losing 2 siblings in a year, both from cancer, her stress level had gotten the better of her. She did apologize for going off on me, and we had a nice talk. I strongly suggested she see out a bereavement counslor or group, she suggested that maybe a care giver support group (my dad is not incapacitated, but he does need assistance). I also suggested that she find time each day to go do something by herself - she may go back to doing volunteer work at the hospital or library, and she is also going to look into swimming daily again. Its been a tough year and 1/2 for her -- her sister was diagnosed with stomach cancer in July 2005, passed January 2006, her brother got ill again I think around march last year and just passed. Both are her younger siblings. Thanks for letting me vent a bit over the weekend!

In regard to my little girl, she is invited to a playdate next week. Its her first one, the girl is in her class and lives around the block. Of course, she is sleeping right now and doesn't know it yet!

Melissa, congrats on the loss! Its a great start.

Vickie - HUGS to you. Its nice to hear how much support you have and how many people love Cindy. I'll continue to ask God to give you the strength you need.

Niki - we've had flying squirrells in our attic -- the worse part is that they were in the bathroom ceiling - which is below Sarah's room. last year DH trapped them -- after he got rid of 13 they stopped. We had the noises again this year and he put down Decon and screened up any area that it looked like they may have gotten in. There gone so far -- do what you can to get what ever is out -- if is squirrells, they will make themselves at home. I think they nested in our attic last year. The funny thing is -- the first 2 Jim set free in another part of town, after that they were more permanently "disposed" of.

Sandra, welcome back! The tournament sounds fun, regardless of how you did. Its all a learning time, right?

Kathy, don't get discouraged. Just keep on track. When do the Air Force guys leave??

Well, off to set a playdate for Sarah. BBL

ontarget
01-30-2007, 05:38 PM
hi there. i'm about to leave for :yoga: but wanted to stop by first.

vickie, it sounds like you held up well yesterday. i think you're right. cindy sent those people over to you.

kathy, it's not like you to not be springy. are you sick?

rhonda, enjoy your day. i really empathize with you about cookies being onhand. last weekend was a fiasco for me. well, i made it a fiasco. nobody put those cookies into my mouth, did they?

niki, how's your day going?

paula, playdates sound like fun. i remember eons ago when i was young having them.

sorry this is short but i need to run. i'll be back later.

septembersgoal
01-30-2007, 08:50 PM
Hey gals! I hope that you're all having op days. So far so good for me, but I only have one point left and I'm still hungry. That's why core is so great! :)
I've got lots to do so I have to run. DH will be home around 9 and I want to be able to relax with him for a little while.

coco99
01-30-2007, 09:28 PM
I AM SO STRESSED OUT TODAY!!
And what did I do. I ate anything and everything I wanted to get my hands on. So so much for getting back on track today.
Hubby's sister's mother in law passed away this morn.
Then my sister called and jumped all over me. Because I told her I wasnt going to do something. And I didnt. And it made her mad.
And then hubby has a check up tomorrow. And this is always kinda a uneasy time. So other than that the day has been good.
VICKIE My thoughts and prayers are with you.
KATPO Hope you and your family are doing ok. Keep your daughter in my prayers.
THINGIRLINSIDE hope you are feeling better.
FROUFY hope you had a great day. Did you enjoy your coffee. I like starbucks.
TO Everyone. Hope you had a great day.
Well will get off here for now.
Good night
coco

Katpo
01-30-2007, 10:07 PM
Good evening, friends.

It's been a weird day. My breakfast was gross, so I didn't eat much. Lunch was boring, so I ate the catered food except I just had the teeniest square of spinach lasagna and about 3 rolls. Dinner didn't interest me so I ate a few bites of Erin's leftover potato soup and one little chunk of leftover orange chicken. The weirdest part of all is that my scale says 145.6 right now. (Okay, I confess, I had to get on it).

I really need to figure out what I want to eat. So far I'm going back and forth on several things and all it's doing is confusing my body.

I'm going to watch House and then go to bed. Oh and I went back to the resale shop after work and got two more pair of pants: khaki (size 7, which I've discovered fits much better than a misses 8) and some black corduroy. Total with tax was $5.02. Gotta love it!

Froufy
01-30-2007, 10:19 PM
The weirdest part of all is that my scale says 145.6 right now. (Okay, I confess, I had to get on it). NO KATHY NO - SAY IT AIN'T SO! I am here for STRENGTH - to help me stay off the metal monster! It was so hard this morning not to weigh myself - then tody after dinner I was in the bathroom - and there is was coaxing me to get on - but I refused! I am going to try to avoid it for ONE MORE MORNING - can I do it? (I am so afraid then when I get on thurs am I will have gained weight!)...crazy froufie!

...and my CRUISE DOCS HAVE ARRIVED - I was so happy when I went to the mailbox after work! (and so did my e-ticket!)....and my luggage tags are coincidentally PINK! (each deck has a different color tag). It is so exciting!

Kathy - are you not hungry? I think you need to eat more!

Paula - glad your mother is feeling better and you gave her some very good advice - I hope she listens and makes a few changes so she can feel better!

Rhonda - how did the interview go? Hope you stayed on track!

Vickie - you poor darling - hang in there - sounds like you are getting lots of support by all those who loved Cindy - I know you will all help each other thru the grief!

Coco - hope your dh's appt goes well - sending you good vibes to help you destress!

Niki - poor you - hope your tummy is feeling better - did you take anything for it???

Sandra - sounds like you now have the 'perfect' bow? It will definitely bring you good luck in your next tournament!

..and I just got off the treadmill - another 45 mins logged in as I watched American Idol! Kept me distracted enuf so that I did not feel like I was struggling too much!

Almost bedtime!

Frouf

Katpo
01-30-2007, 10:44 PM
No, I am not hungry. I am weird.

Maybe it's because I drank a whole lot of water today and a Cherry Coke Zero (very good, by the way) ... so now I have looked thru the fridge and have decided to EAT tomorrow. Special K bars with milk, a banana, a FF bologna sandwich on white bread and some potato chips; roasted pork tenderloin and broccoli/cheese for dinner. Yes, this sounds like a horrible menu but when I put it in FitDay it's balanced for some weird reason. Weird seems to be the order of the day for me.

So glad your docs arrived! Woohoo!! That means it's really going to happen!! :lol: As if there was a question, but still, now it's really real!

Looks like we're going to the shooting range Saturday. I have shells for my gun but Judd didn't have any, so he bought some today along with new headphones (like ear plugs) and some other stuff. I put my shooting goggles into a little bag that I'm packing so I can just grab it no matter what vehicle we take. I usually store them in my side compartment in the back of the Trailblazer. We'll be going to my least favorite range, with old traps that are so rusty I can barely cock them. But I always volunteer to do it so that I at least get an arm and upper body workout. :lol: Get it where you can!

I'm also going to work Saturday for a while, so it looks like this is going to be a busy weekend. I don't know why we're going to shoot in the middle of the winter -- it's usually a spring/fall thing with us. I think Judd's trying to talk his dad into buying a new shotgun and/or joining the sportsman's club with us.

That's it for me; I'll be back tomorrow morning! Nighty night to you all!

Vickie
01-30-2007, 11:27 PM
Hey Chicks! I made it through the day. The church was full to the rafters. Cindy was Lutheran and VERY involved in her church. The service was long and beautiful and obviously her Pastors knew her well. The Eulogies (yes plural) where amazing. No I didn't deliver one. I would have been a silly little puddle. Her two amazing children gave them and then another by a co-volunteer on her youth group. And how cool was it that her Son mentioned me and Jim by name in his eulogy when he was talking about his funny silly memories of Mom and Dad and life in general.

Thank you all SO much for your patience with me these last few weeks as I struggled through my fear for Cindy and recently my grief. I've not eaten well these last few days (I am quite the emotional eater) but I shall return to weigh in on Monday morning no matter what. Cindy will help me from beyond. I smiled when I came home today because there was a message from my library telling me that the emotional eating book that I ordered many weeks ago is in and waiting for me to pick it up. Perfect timing!

Tomorrow is a pajama and quiet day for me and Honey Lamb. I shall start to cook again and be on program.

Light and love to you all.

Tejas
01-30-2007, 11:41 PM
Hi:

I've read all the posts so I'll go to bed knowing that we're all there in the struggle and getting through this amazing journey called life. I'll be back tomorrow morning when I've had some sleep.

Vickie: I'm so glad that you could be there for a healing ceremony and draw strength from that.

Rhonda

Vickie
01-31-2007, 10:20 AM
Good Morning Chicks. Today is a day of regrouping for me. I'll try to make some plans and get back on program.

Have a great day. I'll be in my pajamas.

aghiowa
01-31-2007, 10:37 AM
Vickie, I'm glad the service went well. :) Take the rest time today, gather yourself up, and dust yourself off. We'll be here for you.

I've been struggling the last week or so...we all caught the flu, and I've been living from day to day, dealing with sick kids, sick myself etc. I'm eating what I feel like, but since I've been mildy nauseated all week, it hasn't been too much. I have weigh-in tonight, but don't have high hopes. I never lose when I'm sick.

Also, I'm toying with the idea of getting my hair cut....dramatically. I have always loved having short hair (it was short most of my childhood/young adulthood). It's just so much more comfortable to me, since I can't stand having hair on my neck. Right now I just wear it in a ponytail every single day. I think I'm thin enough now to pull it off. I will post some pics and stuff, as I'd like everyone's advice. I was thinking something like Alyssa Milano's short chop cut, if you know what I'm talking about. I may actually schedule a consultation with a stylist to see if my hair would do it. Mine's really thick, but fine, and has quite a bit of curl.

Anyhoo, that's life. Today's the first day in over a week that my 2 older kids are headed to school. My youngest doesn't have preschool today, but if she did I probably wouldn't send her. Such is life. :D

Angela

Froufy
01-31-2007, 11:04 AM
Angela - poor you - hope you are all feeling better and the sickness is on its way OUT of your house! I think a haircut is a great idea - esp since you always have your hair up anyways! Alyssa's cut is adorable and I'm sure you could pull it off - I'm sure it will be easier to take care of as well - let us know what you decide!

Vickie - enjoy your jammie day - just relax and take it easy - you are going thru a rough time - but I am very impressed with your 'take charge' attitude and getting back on track. Good for you!

Kathy - so I presume you are eating today? Loved your very 'eclectic' menu! I am trying hard on this 'last day' of week 1 lose to cruise challenge and hoping my 'official' weigh in tomorrow is a succesful one!

I may even exercise tonight - I seem to have adopted an 'every 2nd day' treadmill schedule - but wondering if on the 'off' nights I should do a videotape? I might do a richard simmons one tonight - but I do also have to do my nails! (they are looking very 'poopy' now!).

Brought my cruise luggage tags to work so Andrea can 'laminate' them for me! Too funny - we make sure those babies don't fall off or tear or anything - and I put my cell # on and the Carnival hotline # on their as I am so PARANOID of not getting my luggage.....what a nightmare that would be!!!

Later,

Frouf

Tejas
01-31-2007, 11:24 AM
Hi All:

I'm spending the morning at home, working on my never-ending report. The afternoon will be spent at the office and interviewing the job applicant.

Tomorrow I am going to New Mexico to deal with my late sister's estate matters with my niece and nephew. I really miss her. We've decided not to scatter her ashes until the Spring. She hated being cold so we don't want to have to spread her ashes in the snow. It just wouldn't be respectful!

So, I'll check back in tonight and then I'll be gone until Monday.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Oh, I read that Molly Ivens is really ill. Like her friend the late Ann Richards, Molly is a dynamo. Regardless of your politics, you have to admire her ability to deflate politicos' egos and "tell it like it is." She'll be missed.

Rhonda

thingirlinside
01-31-2007, 11:31 AM
Good morning ladies, I am feeling better today, I am thinking I might have caught a 24 hr bug from my ds, he had a stomach bug on Saturday and was better by Sunday. Heading to Target today, I bought my ds some pants on Saturday and they are way to long, it is really hard to buy him clothes, If I go by the weight the pants are at least 5 inches too long and big in the legs, if I go by his height I can't get the pants pass his tooshie. He has always been a stocky boy since birth and that is his build, he has a little belly but far from overweight. I may have to see if I can find him size 8 husky pants, so far I have only seen them start at a size 10. Maybe I will check out the outlets if it warms up a bit outside. I did not have dinner on Monday night stomach was upset and yesterday all I had was a piece of core cornbread and vegetable soup which made me feel more sick. Hopefully the scale will be kind to me for tomorrows weigh in challenge.

Froufy I am so impressed with your motivation to exercise. Ok back away from the scale!! I am sure you will have a great loss tomorrow. I took some mylanta for my tummy and it made me feel a bit better. I am soo jealous, what cruise are you taking, I think I may have missed that whole topic.

Good morning Vickie you take it easy today, It is going to take a while for you to really feel like yourself.

Cocco don't stress over it, just get right back op. Once I went off program it took me a while to get my motivation back so just get right back on and look at your bad eating choices as a learning experience.

Kathy your not weird(lol), I sometimes get like that , I will cook something then when it is time to have dinner it turns my stomach and I can't eat it. Maybe I am weird?? :D

Hi rhonda, yes we are all in this struggle together, and together we can make it work.

Paula I think the noise I heard was something trying to get in, I have not heard it again since that day. Flying squirrels would really freak me out and thirteen of them I would of left my house(lol) How exciting for your dd to have her first playdate, how old is she, my dd is 3 1/2.

Sandra welcome back, my day yesterday was not too good, Today seems like it will be a much better day.

Angela poor you, I know how it is to have sick kids and to be sick yourself. Glad you are all feeling better. I am a hairstylist so you should definitely post some pictures and I will gladly give you my opinion.

Hi Melissa, that is also why I love core, on flex I was always worried about how many points I have left and I seemed to be always hungry. With core I am so much more satisfied and don't think about food as much and I really don't feel like I am dieting.

I better shower and get my day started will check back later.
Have a good day!
Niki

Katpo
01-31-2007, 12:10 PM
Rhonda, I'm glad you're a Molly fan. It looks like she might have been released from the hospital on Monday; there was an article this morning about a Berkeley newspaper starting a tribute project to her. In that article, it said she is out of the hospital and resting at home now. She hasn't written her column in two weeks though. She is such a hoot -- and a fighter, too.

I need to get busy for a while but will check back.

Froufy
01-31-2007, 12:26 PM
Speaking of cruising :D:D ha ha ha

Found these 2 tops on ebay which I LOVE and would be perfect (fancy/pretty and looks like they don't weigh alot and would not take up any major luggage room).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270084847429&rd=1&rd=1
(scroll down to the ABSOLUTE bottom of the page for beautifully detailed and larger pic)

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270083383173&rd=1&rd=1

Problem is I am trying to get the measurements to see if the 2X will fit! I have emailed seller a couple of times and no response yet and this is driving me crazy! Would love to get both tops if the sizing is right (and if not I shall just start to cry!)

Froufie:(

aghiowa
01-31-2007, 01:23 PM
Okay, here are the fascinating hair pics. :lol: (You all have to know that you guys and my sisters/mom serve as my girlfriends, so I have to bug you about stuff like this.)

Me with my hair down: http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g272/AngelazTNT/Hair/Angelahairdown.jpg
Me how I wear it all the time: http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g272/AngelazTNT/Hair/Angela.jpg

An idea of the cut I might like:
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g272/AngelazTNT/Hair/alyssamilano_s_charmed_s6ep16_04.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g272/AngelazTNT/Hair/alyssa38.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g272/AngelazTNT/Hair/DSC_7916_600h.jpg

Things to know:
It's thick, esp. on the sides.
It's pretty curly and has a lot of body.
I don't own a blow dryer, and will in all reality spend about 3 minutes on my hair a day.
I wear glasses every day, all day long.
My sisters say go for it, my mom says No, dh says he doesn't care :)
Thanks all, and I'll get off my "Me" kick now and go back to work.

Angela

aghiowa
01-31-2007, 01:24 PM
Frouf, those tops are very pretty. I especially like the first one.

I hope you get them. :)

Angela

blessedwithsarah
01-31-2007, 02:01 PM
Happy Wednesday all. Well, good news from WI -- I was down 1.2!!! WOO HOO. :carrot: Couldn't stay for the meeting, but I did wi. I had meetings all morning and now I have a 3 hour break of nothing scheduled -- well, I'll catch up on alot of stuff that is on my desk. I did confirm with Sarah's friends mom that Wednesday next week will be their play date. I'll have DH pick her up at 3:00. I told DH to find this mom today or Friday when he does school pick up and meet her. I'll drop by her house on Sunday to meet her myself. I do go with my gut and I don't feel uncomfortable with her spending time at their house at all. One reason is that Sarah drove with her on the last field trip -- in order to take other kids, the school runs a criminial backgroud check. :D

Niki - Sarah will be 4 on 2/27. Its such a great age. It still amazes me how many new things she picks up and what she knows.

Angela - I love the short cut! Very daring of you to make that leap -- but heck, it will grow back, right?

Frouf -- you walking fool! You keep up the motivation. Getting the travel docs should keep you going.

Kathy - hope your feeling better. Did your appetite come back today? Maybe your coming down with something? I hope not.

Vicke - sounds like the services were wonderful. Enjoy your jammie day -- after the past week, you deserve it.

Well, I'm off to update my ticker with my loss for this week!

TechAlum
01-31-2007, 03:25 PM
Sorry I haven't been around for almost a week, I've been reading, but I was having a mini pity-party for myself and just didn't want to share the negative vibes. But I've decided to pull myself out of it and get moving. Today I am going to clean the house BIG time. DH and I are both slobs and with 2 70lb dogs and a cat the mess (particularly hair) is unbelievable. We haven't done a full blown cleaning for a while and it's getting pretty gross. Hopefully I can get it all cleaned this week and then start taking down the wallpaper in the bathroom next week. The bathroom is my winter project this year.

The good news is that even though I was in a funk I didn't overeat this weekend, so.....I lost 4 lbs at WW last night :woohoo:. Most of that was the gains I'd had the last 3 weeks but I'll take it. Now the bad news I stopped at the grocery store after ww and Curves and was hungry and the nasty chips jumped into my cart. TOM is due tomorrow and they're what I always crave. Hopefully I can keep it to a minimum or I'll just have to throw them away :eek:.

Vicki - Sorry about your friend, hope you're enjoying your pajama day.
:goodvibes:

Frouf - I just realized your avatar is one of those towel things they leave on the bed on cruise ships. I liked those tops too. Hope you hear back from the seller.

Kathy - Can you send some of that tape over here???? And your eating doesn't sound that weird, or maybe I'm weird to.

Paula - :bravo: on the weight loss. Hope your daughter enjoys the play date.

Sandra - Sounds like you had fun at the tournament even if you didn't do so well, enjoying yourself what's most important. I can't believe how many different exercises you do. You must be pretty fit.

Angela - go for it. Like someone else said, it's only hair if you don't like it it'll grow back out.

Niki - Glad you're feeling better. Good luck finding pants for ds.

Well, I better get back to work. Have a great day everyone. :D

-Donna/Tech

thingirlinside
01-31-2007, 03:29 PM
Paula congrats on the weight loss!! :cool:

ontarget
01-31-2007, 05:38 PM
hi there. i just have a few min here before i go take a nap. i'm tired. i got up and went to the early am :swim: then i resighted 2 compounds, cooked lunch, bought groceries, and now i'm here. we have league tonight so i'm taking a nap.
i'll tell you later about a bet i made.

donna, girl, i wish i were more fit. i am sore from :yoga: yesterday, and it's gentle :yoga:.

coco, i hope your day is better.

congratulations to each of you who lost. i am proud. i hope you all either changed or made trackers. my trackers help me stay motivated.

vickie, i'm glad you're getting back to your old feisty self. enjoy your jammie day.

rhonda, have a safe trip. i know this will be emotionally charged.:hug: i'll be thinking of you.

frouf, we work hard on our luggage tags, too. especially on our bow cases.

angela, let us know what "do" you get.

kathy, i have some weird food days, too. some days i just want junk.

gotta run. i need to snooze a bit.

thingirlinside
01-31-2007, 06:03 PM
I lost a post somewhere, oh well don't know where it went.

Froufy those are beautiful tops. Nordstrom sells Alex Evening and if you click on any outfit there is a Alex Evening Size Chart for every size.
Here is the Link:
http://shop.nordstrom.com/SearchResults.asp?KeyWord=alex+evening&CatID=&go.x=0&go.y=0
Hope this helps!

Katpo
01-31-2007, 07:05 PM
Sandra, I hope you enjoy your nap. I'd have to be on my deathbed to be able to have one, so I envy those who can get one. ;)

I'm home now, just finished mopping muddy dog prints and cleaning the kitchen. Now it's time to change clothes (should have done it before mopping) and figure out what to have for dinner. I'm not hungry, but what else is new?

Tomorrow morning when I weigh, I will post it over on the challenge thread.

And tomorrow, food will be different. I guess I'll do flex for a week and count my 18 pts. I have some things that I need (yogurt, peanut butter, cheese, etc.) that's not on Core and would be too many WPAs. I'll still post my menu though just to keep in the habit.

I'm off to change and will check back in a little later.

Katpo
01-31-2007, 07:07 PM
Frouf, both tops are very cute! I just not got a chance to look at them.

Katpo
01-31-2007, 07:55 PM
:(

Rhonda and Sandra, they just now announced that Molly Ivins passed away about 20 minutes ago.

Froufy
01-31-2007, 08:21 PM
Frouf - I just realized your avatar is one of those towel things they leave on the bed on cruise ships Yes the infamous towel animals that are left on the bed at night time - so cute! And as I am fond of bunnies (hence the froufie nickname short for Little Rabbit Frou Frou) so have been using this as my avatar for now!

Niki - thanks so much for the Alex link - very helpful - unfortunately I think I will just make it into the 2X with not much room to spare so I am leery of getting this size! The other day they had a 3X for sale but of course it's now gone! I shall haul the tape measure out just to make sure (and depress myself even further),

Angela - I say go for it - looks very cute and manageable and easy to maintain!

Kathy - can't wait to weigh myself tomorrow (NOT). I actually started nibbling on some olives as I was preparing dinner - had one and put the rest back - can not AFFORD to have any water retention/salt issues right now :D

Sandra - I never ever put my home address on those luggage tags! just in case! I will put my cell phone # on their and the Carnival travel hotline - should my luggage to astray at least they will know who to call (also put a copy of my itinerary inside the luggage as well - yes I am neurotic!).

Not sure if I will exercise tonight - I am freezing now - and dh and I trying to set up some telephone banking this which is not working out very well! Also have to go pick up dd from her dad's place around 8:30 pm! Maybe I shall hunker down and watch AI in bed later tonight - how decadent!

Froufie

coco99
01-31-2007, 08:42 PM
Evening Everyone
Just thought I would check in for a few.
Hubbys Dr appt went well. Said everything looked good. He saw his cancer Dr today. So that is good. Makes us feel better. Always get a little uptight with these appts.
The eating was better today. But still room for improvement. But so much better.
I was wondering though. If I went and done flex for a few weeks. Would I still be able to post on here. I think I need to do flex. Because I am not realizing when I am satisfied. I think ok. I can eat all I want of this. But actually I know that I cant. So thought if I did points. That might help.
Well I better get off here. and go read the post and catch up.
I hope everyone had a great day.
Thinking of all of you.

thingirlinside
01-31-2007, 08:45 PM
Angela, I think it would look really nice on you, I like that it has really short cropped layers which would work in your favor especially on the sides, I say go for it.

Niki

ontarget
01-31-2007, 09:04 PM
that's sad about molly ivans. she will be missed by many.

we didn't go to league tonight. curtis is in a lot of pain with his back/shoulders and i didn't want to leave him home alone. he's going for some help tomorrow.

coco, i am trying to do core but am also counting points because of the same problem. you stay here and keep posting no matter what you decide. we need you.

frouf, i was wondering what frouf meant.

Katpo
01-31-2007, 09:10 PM
Coco, you can post here no matter what! Don't leave us -- a lot of us do flex from time to time.

Tejas
01-31-2007, 09:42 PM
Hi All:

Coco..don't go. We do Core and Flore (flex + Core) and whatever it takes!!

Angela: go for the short hair...it can always grow back if you don't like it.

Frouf: Keep up the good work.

I am sad about Molly Ivins's death. What a determined, feisty, smart, brave human being and WOMAN she was!
We need more people like her.

I'm going to bed early because I am out of the house early tomorrow morning and on my way to New Mexico. I may not be back on until Sunday really late or Monday. I'll be thinking of you all as I work to avoid eating tortillas! :nono:

Be well and take care!

Rhonda

ontarget
01-31-2007, 09:48 PM
have a safe trip, rhonda.

i got an e from a dear friend of mine who is a ww leader. i had told her i'd lost 35 lbs. she congratulated me then told me to stop saying "lost." she said we tend to want to find things that are lost. i am to start saying, "i got rid of 35 lbs." (i definitely don't want to find them.)

Katpo
01-31-2007, 10:05 PM
Sandra, that's so true! I will stop saying I have lost weight. It's not lost -- I know exactly where it went! :lol:

Have a safe trip, Rhonda.

I'm already in bed due to a flare-up of what will be a shingles-type thing in a few days. I get this viral outbreak every six months or so. First the nerve starts burning, then my skin feels like it has been sanded down, and THEN comes the blisters. Right now I'm dealing with the skin part of it, and so tomorrow or the next day I know what to expect. I have anti-virals to take. If it's not one thing, it's a hundred more, isn't it? I'm tired of having "issues."

Kate is dealing with post-Devan problems including that he's supposed to be paying her, because she's paying out their apartment lease. Well, he says he can't pay because he just bought a new car. Hello??? She's saving your credit by keeping up the rent -- and still paying rent on her new place -- and you reward her by NOT paying and going out and incurring new debt when you have prior things that need to be taken care of? I told her to call him every day and rip him good. There's no excuse for him to be that big of a jerk.

There's a very weird guy on American Idol right now. He seems to think he's some sort of animal.

TechAlum
01-31-2007, 10:29 PM
Good Evening All,

Just got back from eating dinner out. We went for Mongolian BBQ, which is usually not too bad. I eat veggie stir fry w/tofu the only pts/not core are the tortillas and sauce. I got their info one time and the sauce is 4 pts, but the tortillas......not so good. I think I'm not going to count today. TOM decided to show up early, so I'm just craving carbs....

Well, gotta go watch the finale of Top Chef. I hope Marcell doesn't win.

-Tech

ontarget
01-31-2007, 10:41 PM
kathy :hug:

donna, sounds like you had a good time.

Froufy
01-31-2007, 11:30 PM
Kathy - sending good vibes your way - poor you! I hope the 'oubreak' is not as bad as you described! Do taking the antivirals help a lot? I hope so.

Tech - your dinner sounds yummy! ...and my investigation shows there is actually a mongolian grill like bbq on my cruise ship so I shall definitely be trying it out! I believe it's available every day at lunchtime! (along with the dining room, lido buffet, hamburger grill, deli sandwich counter, asian counter, fish and chips place, 24 hour pizza place and room service - all available lunch options - I am gaining weight just thinking about it!).

Rhonda - have a safe trip. Maybe just one tortilla?

Coco - glad the dr's report was okay - I hope that helps you destress a bit. Please don't go - we would love to have you here no matter what plan you are following!

Angela - so have you made the hair appt yet? :D

Sandra - hope Curtis is feeling better and it's nothing serious!

Vickie - how was jammie day? Hope you are being well taken care of!

Okay time to get ready for bed! Had a bad night last night - up and down all night - hope I do better tonight!

Froufie

P.S. Okay - almost forgot - having lunch out tomorrow w/Robert - old work buddy - at a Thai restaurant - probably some curry type thing - will try not to overdo it (and yes I will definitely skip my FAVORITE home made mango ice cream for dessert!)

Vickie
02-01-2007, 09:45 AM
Good Morning Chicks.

Kathy, how awful. I hope you can keep it from being a bad outbreak by getting on your meds quickly.

I'm forced to get out of my pajamas today. The Niece needs us to come watch our Great Nephew and my Great Niece baby Godchild for a couple of hours while she's at work and Daddy goes and does some business. Although it's very cold here and I would love to snuggle, I'm sure it's going to make me feel very, very happy to be with them. I've got doctor and dinner plans out today also. So I'll be busy, and I hope, distracted.

I hope you all have successful, on program days. Niki....you and Melissa and everyone else who are losing are starting to motivate me with your success. Thank you friends!

Froufy
02-01-2007, 10:56 AM
HI Vickie,

Nice to see you 'out and about' - I'm sure visiting the kids will help and give you some perspective on the joy life brings! ...even tho you are still probably very sad - the distraction will be good! Dress warmly!

Had a very 'successful' visit with my scale this morning - and have posted my results in Week 2 of the Frouf Lose to Cruise challenge! Keep on sailing is this week's 'theme' - need to continue the downward trend right? With only 4 weeks to go there is no time for slacking off!

Kathy - how are you doing today? Hope your outbreak is under control!

Sandra - any plans for the day? Is Curtis going to see dr?

I am looking forward to my lunch out - but have to walk the 3 blocks down the street - thankfully it's only around -5 C today (yes a balmy day here in Ottawa :D) so hope I don't freeze too much!

Meeting at 10 am - will check in later!

Frouf

blessedwithsarah
02-01-2007, 12:00 PM
Morning all. Vickie, I hope the babies help lift your spirits. Take one day at a time.

Frouf - congrats on the nice scale (yes, I do believe they can be possesed at times!). Keep up the great work. The cruise will be here before you know it -- hmmm, warm sun, cool drinks.....

Kathy - sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Could the start of the outbreak be why you've been "off" these last few days? I hope things work out for Kate -- so, why is she paying both rents????

Rhonda - have a nice trip to New Mexico - is it business or pleasure??

Well, I have a bit of a NSV today. I pulled out a pair of brown slacks for work that I have not worn in a while. The last time I wore them they were a bit tight and uncomfortable. Overall I felt fat in them. Well, I'm wearing them today and they fit great. I think the total of 4 pds I've lost since 12/26 has made a difference. Its very motivating to keep on plan!

Its cold once again here - next week we are in for a stretch of 10 degree days. Any bets on the ground hog tomorrow? I can't really complain, we have not had much of a winter - December was the warmest we've had and January we had the least amount of snow. Normally around 22" by now in Boston, I think we've had 1.8". All we need is one big nor'easter and we could be burried in 2 feet! Lets hope not!

Well, I'm starving and its 11am. I'll go make another cup of tea and get busy. BBL.

thingirlinside
02-01-2007, 02:13 PM
Hello ladies, I found a pair of 8 husky jeans at Target yesterday and they fit my son a little big but they have an adjustable waistband so they will do fine, he prefers them a little big. I got some really good deals there, they had alot of stuff on clearance, I love bargains. I even purchased some clearance items to put on Ebay, I got boys & girls leather shoes for like $3.00 & $4.00 a pair. I was a little bummed they didn't have my kids sizes but I got them some summer outfits. I set up a playdate for my son today after school, so he is pretty excited. On Monday they both have playdates with 2 sisters, one is my daughters age and the other is my sons age, my son was in her kindergarden class and they really like each other, they play at recess together. Such a exciting life I lead(lol):dizzy:

Vickie your niece & nephew will definitely lift your spirits, have a great time with them.

Froufy congrats, way to go, isn't it a good feeling, like there is light at the end of the tunnel. Did the seller ever send you the measurements on the Alex top. Have a nice lunch!!

Paula great NSV, you probably lost quite a bit of inches. Did Sara have her playdate?

Kathy I really hope you don't get the blister outbreak, maybe the anti viral pills will stop it from happening.

Tech sounds like you had a great dinner, yummy.

Sandra how is Curtis doing did he see his dr? I like the saying "got rid", I like "good riddance" too.:D :D

Coco glad to hear dr's report was good, you have to stay we all have our ups & downs and switch from core to flex every now & then.

aghiowa
02-01-2007, 02:48 PM
Well ladies, when it rains, it pours! I finally got all my school-age children well enough to send back to school yesterday, and then I got hit with a nasty, horrible gastro-intestinal thing last night. It hit me like a truck, out of the blue, and then kept driving over me all night long (to continue the metaphor.) :) I have managed to keep down a few popsicles and a few soda crackers this morning, so maybe I'm getting better?

Thankfully, dh stayed home from work long enough this morning to get the girls off to school :cheer: so I didn't have to take care of that, not that I could have.

I am just wiped out and ready for a break from the flu. It seems like everyone I know has it though - it's been really bad this year, and we all had our flu shots (well, except for me).

I'm going to go put on a movie for my youngest dd, and lie down and try to sleep.

Later,
Angela

ontarget
02-01-2007, 05:16 PM
hi there, chickies. it's a gorgeous snow day here in montana. i went this am for my first weight training session. i love it!! i'm going back to the club in a few min for :yoga: and :swim:. tomorrow is wi. i hope all this exercise pays off on the scales. it's paying off elsewhere already. i feel stronger than ever.

nsv alert!!! i got into a little summer dress i hadn't been able to wear in over 5 years. now i'm ready for summer. :lol:

vickie, sounds like you have a busy day ahead. that'll be good for your mind. is your doctor's appt a checkup? are you all right?

frouf, i just gained 5 lbs reading about the food spots on your ship. it was curtis' back and shoulders that were hurting yesterday. he's gone now to get a massage. he's always hurting, but the pain gets to him every now and then. this week has been an especially hard one for him. :woohoo: on those scales moving down. i'm going to the thread after i get back from :swim: so i can read about it and to post what's going on with me today.

paula, :woohoo: on the nsv, girl!!

nikki, sounds like some good bargains. :;): i like "good riddance," too.

:hug: angela. i hope that nasty bug leaves you soon.

Froufy
02-01-2007, 05:16 PM
Oh Angela - you poor darling - hope the worst of it is over and you got some rest? Can you get your Mom or someone else to come over and help you out a bit?

Niki - I too can't resist a good bargain - and sounds like you did well! No - I still have not received any email or measurements back from this supposedly TOP SELLER on ebay - and have already sent several emails - I really think tho as much as I love the tops I am still too 'FLUFFY' to wear them! They might fit standing up if I suck it in - but you know what happens when you sit down right? Not a pretty picture! Oh well - I shall keep looking (hopefully a 3x will show up - those Alex tops seem to be cut very small and not 'stretchy')

Kathy - how are you feeling? Hope your meds took care of you properly!

Sandra - way to go with the exercise!..and congrats on getting into that skinny little summer dress - bet that made you feel great!

Vickie - how was the day with the kiddies?

Yes lunch w/Robert was a hoot as usual - we used to work together 1 or 2 jobs ago - and we are such a great team and get along so well - hope to work with him again at some point in our government careers! The food was excellent (and maybe the spicy roasted chili sauce and green curry will help speed up my metabolism?). I did NOT feel bloated or super full when I left - and I am hungry now so I guess I did not overeat too much (I know sometimes when I go out I can't even think of dinner cuz I stuffed my little face!). We have some LO salmon from last night - but I will leave that for dh and still eat lightly - thinking scrambled eggs or salad or something like that?

Dd dancing tonight - and the good news is she called me from school (first day back after exams) to report she passed math (barely - like 54%) - so I guess she is not going to lose those dance classes (says she thinks she deserves a present - ya right!). Her other marks are fairly high (95, 82, 75) but unfortunately that math mark pulls her average down otherwise she could probably be on the Honor Roll - oh well! A new semester starts so we'll see how she does this time! (at least there's no math!)

I think I shall snack on my banana before I head home and guzzle some more water!

Froufie

Katpo
02-01-2007, 08:04 PM
Home from work now. Judd ate cinnamon toast and I'm just not hungry (again) so I'll wait a while and see what happens. I'm doing laundry and cleaning the kitchen right now, so food would have to wait anyway.

Air Force people will be gone tomorrow so we're back to normal at work, thank goodness.

Paula, the reason Kate is paying two rents is that when she and her boyfriend broke up, there was three months left on their apartment. (One of the 4,000 reasons why 20-year-olds should listen to their moms about moving in together.) She moved in with a girl she's known since jr. high; he moved in with some friend. If they had walked away from the apartment, there would have been a $2100 "breaking the lease" fee. Also, it would have been reported to the credit bureas, they were told. If she kept the apartment, albeit empty, and paid the rent for another three months, that would also total $2100. She would also be able to give the required 60-day move-out notice, and it wouldn't be reported. She decided to do that. I cosigned a bank loan for her and she put the money away to pay the rent for those three months. Meanwhile, he's supposed to be paying half of it but isn't. I told her to tell him she'll take his income tax refund ... she mentioned it and he said nope, he had to give that money to his brother who had loaned him the down payment for the new car. Another meanwhile, there was nothing wrong with his car and Kate's driving a 2000 model with a lot of miles. Devan knows that she won't let her credit be ruined, but he apparently doesn't care. I'm just glad she found out a lot of these character flaws before it progressed any farther. They dated for a year before moving in, but I guess you just never know.

Everything would have been fine if it wasn't for this latest dental bill that'll end up costing her around $1500 out of pocket. Poor little thing. So I told her I would pay her car insurance for a few months to help her out. She's a good girl.

Off to fold clothes and get a few minutes of rest before the next load comes out. I'm only doing three tonight; I didn't go to bed last night until after 1:00 and still had to get up at 6:00, so I'm a little tired.

Katpo
02-01-2007, 09:49 PM
I got my Zocor filled today, took one after work, and just finished throwing up 3-4 times. While an effective, yet unorthodox, way to lose weight, it was no fun. No fun at all. Yuck.

A side effect is nausea (I could have told them that) and a whole slew of other things. Hopefully it won't last long because I have to still take it since my cholesterol was nearly 300.

Cripes.

aghiowa
02-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry Kathy. :hug: My dh takes Zocor, and thankfully, we haven't seen that side effect. But my sympathies go out to you.

I am starting to feel a little better, although still quite peaked. Youngest dd threw up last night, just as I predicted. (I really get tired of being right all the time :lol: ) However, great things can happen. She threw up twice before dh and I went to bed, but managed to sleep the rest of the night with only ONE interruption! Yay! :woo:

I checked my weight this morning...I'm down 4 pounds. I wouldn't recommend this as a weight loss program however, just like Kathy has discovered.

I hope everyone else is having a better day...

Angela

Katpo
02-02-2007, 10:01 AM
Thanks, Angela. You're right -- what a lousy way to lose. I'm down but don't think I can count it because it's just enough to account for an empty stomach (it sure wasn't 4 pounds!! -- CONGRATULATIONS!). I doubt that anything was really lost; it'll be right back as soon as I'm able to eat.

I'm sorry you've all been so sick. I remember how horrible it is to feel lousy yourself but still be required to be a mommy too! :hug: I hope that everyone's better very soon. Maybe the weekend will be restful.

Congratulations again!

Vickie
02-02-2007, 10:05 AM
Good morning chicks.

Angela and Kathy, I hope you are feeling much better soon. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the weight loss is permanent.

Have a great on program day everyone.

Froufy
02-02-2007, 10:59 AM
Good morning chickies,

Hope EVERYONE is feeling better and is on the mend today!

Kathy - how are you doing?

Angela- I hope the worst is over for both you and dd! Try and get some more rest if you can!

Vickie - how was your day yesterday?

I am home today! YIPPEE - poor little ds is not feeling well - sore throat - and stuffed up - so even tho dh is home I decided to use up one of my 'family related leave' days (we get 5 a year and I have 3 left til March 31) so I can take care of him. He got mom's super duper yummy oatmeal for breafkast and is now 'crashing' cars on the PS 2 downstairs!

Dh is in bed and I am about to try and buy some 'disney on ice' tickets which go on sale in like 3 minutes?

Yes I succumbed to some KFC last night- 1 piece (no fries!), with mashed potatoes and filled up on salad. Then dh and I skipped into the movie theatre while dd danced (across the street!) and watched "catch and release' - nibbled on popcorn but thankfully full from dinner. Scale up a bit probably due to extra food and lots of salt! Definitely going to exercise today (maybe this morning when dh wakes up?)

Supposed to go for breakfast w/gf tomorrow (the one who got sick and cancelled last week) - have to confirm. Then a hockey thing w/the boys on sunday but otherwise hopefully not too busy this weekend.

Think I shall go get a chicken out of the freezer and make some roast chicken for dinner tonight!

Later,

Frouf

blessedwithsarah
02-02-2007, 11:20 AM
Good morning all.

Kathy and Angela, I hope you are both feeling better today. Being sick like that is the worse -- I'd rather be layed up in bed with the flu for a week than to have a stomach bug for a day!

Poor Kate, its a tough, expensive lesson to learn. Either way she is out the same amount of $, but doesn't ruin her credit. Stinks. Can she take him to small claims court - or Judge Judy???? It makes me wonder what we'll be facing in 15 or so years! Jim and I moved in together after we were dating 3 years -- at that time I was 29. 20 is so young.....ok, now I feel old and I'm only 41.

Sandra - bravo on the exercise! Keep it up -- have you done measurements at all? I bet you'd see a drop in those regardless of the scale.

Well, today is Friday. My DD is starting to get a busier social life than me - not only does she have her playdate next Wednesday, a birthday party on the 11th and another potential playdate either this weekend or next. The big issue we need to deal with is her Birthday party -- I just wanted to do a family party. She wants a few friends from school to come. I just am not sure what to do- the good thing is we have a few weeks to figure it out.

Well, off to read. bbl.

thingirlinside
02-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Good morning Ladies, we had some snow here overnite but it turned to rain and is amost gone, thank goodness I have a hour drive tomorrow into Queens to visit my Mom. Hopefully I can get my hair cut while I am there. I plan on dying my hair sometime today. Tonight we are going to the Junior High school to see Grease, it should be a cute show. Other than that not much more going on.

Angela, yuck! I went through that a couple of weeks ago with my DD. I hope you are all feeling better.

Kathy I hope you are feeling better. I went through what Kate is going through at her age, I was engaged to get married we broke up 3 months before the wedding and lost all my deposits, He continued to live at the apartment I was going to move into with him, he was was back on the rent and they came after me. To make a long story short, she will benefit in the long run from not being with a loser, you live and learn.

Froufy, I hope ds feels better! ps2 will cure what he has, I know it helps my son feel alot better:D :D . My mom and I took dd to see Disney Princess on Ice, we had the fist row, in front of us was 3 rows of folding chairs,it was awesome she had a ball, and of cause grandma bought her whatever she wanted.

Vickie, how was your day with the kiddies? Thanks for the cheer, that was cute!

Paula I too feel old now and I am 41. You gotta love this one, my neighbors Au pair came over one day with my neighbors little boy for a play date. I was
watching Greys Anatomy that I recorded, I love Patrick Dempsey, I think he Is so handsome. I say to her,( keep in mind she will be twenty) don't you think he is good looking, she says to me oh no he is too old for me. Well that made me feel real good, since he is my age 41 :o

Sandra you are a busy beaver, I am so glad you found activities you really enjoy!

Ok, time to make beds and do some more laundry. I want to make a pot of core chili to have for lunches.

TechAlum
02-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Good morning all,

I'm checking in here in hopes it will get me back on track :eek:. The past three days have not been pretty eating or exercise wise. Yesterday I went to go mall walking with my parents and on the way there I stalled my car (yes I've been driving a stick for 15 yrs and still stall at lights occasionally), when I tried to restart it was DOA. So I got to sit in traffic for a half hour waiting for AAA tow truck to arrive. Do you know how cold sitting in a car w/no heat and temps in the teens gets :?: He gave my car a jump start and I came straight home no walking :(. Then being the emotional eater I am I sat and ate the chips I'd bought Tues. On a good note they're gone now. DH picked up a battery on the way home from work and hopefully that was the problem. The one there was the original from 9 years ago and we'd talked about replacing it just hadn't done it (teach me to procrastinate). We then went out again because I didn't feel like cooking. It's very unusual for us to eat out two days in one week, and I did not choose well, and now I feel guilty.

OK I'm done ranting and today is a new day. I will drink my water! I will go to Curves! I will stay OP!

Kathy and Angela - Hope you are both feeling better. Definitely not a good weight loss strategy and no fun at all.

Frouf - Congrats on your loss!!! Hope your ds feels better soon.

Sandra - Congrats on the NSV dress (too bad summer's months away) and on all the exercise, and feeling better. Hope Curtis enjoyed his massage.

Paula - Congrats on the nsv to you to. Isn't it great when clothes fit better.

Vickie - Hope your day with the kids was uplifting.

Coco - Good luck following flex for a while, definitely stick around.

Well I suppose I should get motivated and get something constructive done. Have a great afternoon everyone.

- Tech

blessedwithsarah
02-02-2007, 01:45 PM
Niki - question for you - non plan related. I noticed you said you were driving into Queens tomorrow, an hour drive. I have to drive to Parsippanny NJ sometime soon ( I have one direct report working from there, we are near Boston). Its been years and years since I've driven that far south -- we always head north to Maine;) My question - per mapquest I could make it there in about 4 hours, how unGodly is the traffic going over the Tappenzee Bridge? Any ideas?

Also, funny how we are both 41 and have 3, almost 4 year old daughters.

thingirlinside
02-02-2007, 02:14 PM
Hi Paula, I really don't know much about the Tapanzee bridge , to get to Queens I take the Long Island Expressway . I will do a bit of investigating for you, my neighbor just went to Albany and I believe she took the bridge. I will let you know.

Niki

ontarget
02-02-2007, 04:40 PM
hi there, chickies. i went to ww this am to wi and was down almost 2 lbs. those are the 2 that showed up last fri at wi. i'm still at 165. i'll go change my tracker in a minute.

kathy and angela, i hope you two are feeling better. :getwell: so far i've been lucky and haven't caught anything. guess the flu shot's working.

vickie, how's your day? i'm op even though i forgot to pick up a journal at ww this am. i'm going to make one here on the puter.

we're going to butte sat/sun for another tournament. hopefully, "lucy" will stay home.

paula, sarah sounds like a social butterfly already. i'm willing to bet she'll have gf's at her bday party. i think she should. i didn't take any measurements. sure wish i had. i can tell i'm lgetting rid of inches faster than ounces. guess the ounces will start to drop soon.

(i almost typed "losing" instead of "getting rid of".)

nikki, you will feel old when you get my age. (60). young folks don't even know who i'm talking about any more. well, except when i'm talking about brad pitt--then i sound like a pervert.

donna, been there done that with the emotional eating. funny how we think eating chips will solve the problems, isn't it? i had several non-program days this week, too. we can do this, girl.

frouf, you're our adult social butterfly. movies, ice capades, cruises----i'm glad i get to live through you. it's making me more well-rounded.

Vickie
02-02-2007, 05:09 PM
I'm here and OP even though I really don't care much about all of this. I know I'm a bit depressed and am trying to work my way out of it. It was nice to be with the Great Nephew yesterday. My Godchild slept the whole time we were there and I didn't get to see her.

I'm still not feeling well in my chest. I broke down today and made two appointments; one with the Cardiologist and one with an Allergist. I see the Allergist next week on Wednesday and the Cardiologist the following Tuesday. I'm scared senseless about the Cardologist since I know he'll freak about my weight especially considering my parents history with heart trouble. Oh well...I cannot change yesterday...just today.

I'm also going to be looking for a house cleaner. I do not seem to be able to get it done myself as often as it needs to be done. Jim and I have decided that this is something we should spend our money on. If it's allergies then I need to keep it more dust free here.

I'm happy but envious that you are all so motivated. I'm going to keep doing the right thing until things kick in for me again. I'm not really hungry which is a surprise. Maybe I should start by posting my menu.

Thanks for asking about me.

ontarget
02-02-2007, 05:52 PM
vickie, i'm glad you made the doctors' appointments. also, the house cleaner!! that's awesome! now i'm happy but jealous about that. we need one, too, but can't afford it.

i'm expecting to be reading your posts soon about new recipes, etc.... for being op. you've just needed a little break. i understand that dieting is not always a priority. i'm the same way. just hang in there. everything will kick back in for you soon.

Froufy
02-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Vickie - of course you are feeling a big sad - that is only natural - but staying on plan is a good idea and will help you in the long run. A visit to the dr is a great step for you - and better than worrying about the 'unknown' - once you have hard facts and real information then you can make the right decisions for yourself.

And good for you for deciding to get a cleaner - that will be so helpful for you - I love still being able to have this 'indulgence' - it truly helps to keep me sane.

congrats on 'GETTING RID' of those 2 lbs Sandra - good for you - good luck at your next tournament! (I'll take care of Lucy for you while you're gone :D)

Kathy - how are you feeling today?

Paula - definitely invite some of the kiddies over for the bday party!- take lots of pics or better yet videotape the event - we have tons of tapes of past parties and they are so much fun to watch, esp now that the kids are older!

Okay fashion advisors - pay attention - what about this dress (cruise - probably formal night?) - I don't usually 'do' dresses - hate pantyhose - and I will need to do something about the exposed 'arms'!

Let me know what you think! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170076468956&rd=1&rd=1

Got 4 tickets for Disney on Ice - end of March - opening night - it is mid-week - but opening night tickets were $12 vs $40 for the weekend - and big savings obviously for the 4 tickets! Should be fun.

Oh yes - I am happy to report that I logged another 45 mins on the treadmill - and I guess I should start thinking of upping it to 50 mins next week? I did pig out on a major guacamole mound at lunch time - so probably negated all my hard work.

I am hungry now but planning cottage cheese and salad for supper! YUMYUM.

Need to go drive dd to her dad's soon!

Frouf

Katpo
02-02-2007, 08:29 PM
Hey, girls. I still don't feel well and am in jammies on the sofa. The kitchen needs to be cleaned but I'm not going to do it. Judd is ordering another pizza for himself because I'm not cooking.

I'll be back in a while.

ontarget
02-02-2007, 08:32 PM
frouf, thank you for watching lucy for me. i'm glad she's not going with us. hope she doesn't mess up anything of yours. :lol: every girl needs a little black dress. go for it!! it looks great. do you have a shawl maybe? i've seen some that would look good with this dress.

coco99
02-02-2007, 08:35 PM
Hey Everyone.
I had just went and had a nice long post. And pushed the submit button. and then it wouldnt go through. Said I wasnt logged on. And I was.
DRATS.
It has been a long couple of days. A very dear elderly friend passed away. So have been busy with that.
I wont go back and write everything again.
But just wanted to check in.
Thanks for letting me continue to post on here. Even though I am going to be doing points. I need all the support I can get right now. And I know I can get it here.
So everyone have great night. Am thinking of all of you.
coco

ontarget
02-02-2007, 08:37 PM
:hug: coco. i'm sorry about your friend's passing. keep your chin up. and keep posting here. i'm counting pts now, too. (stop apologizing for being on flex. we're all doing what works for us.)

Froufy
02-02-2007, 10:12 PM
Coco - my deepest sympathies on the loss of your friend. Sorry about the lost post - I hate when that happens!

Kathy - glad to see you are relaxing and don't have to cook - please do take care of yourself!!!

Sandra - I am now 'researching' some coverups or shrug or something sheer to go over the dress (have not bought it yet)....will see what I can come up with!

...and my miraclesuit bathing suit came in the mail today (yes 10 lbs gone as soon as I put it on - ha ha ha ha)....black and pink of course - looks cute - hope it fits - if not even more incentive to lose, I mean GET RID OF the excess weight! I love the fact that is has underwires in it - I find most suits don't have enough support if your are 'well endowed'!

Breakfast at 10 am at Denny's - probably the 'slim slam' breakfast - no hash browns - just tomato slices for this chickie! ..or maybe the veggie omelette - no cheese! (http://www.dennys.ca/fitfare_menu.html)

nitey nite!

Froufie

Vickie
02-03-2007, 09:37 AM
Good Morning Chicks. It will be bitterly cold here this weekend. I have to do an errand or two today but plan on being in all evening and all day tomorrow. It will not be safe to drive here on SuperBowl Sunday! Jim and I will watch the game. We bought three "squares" so that will add to the enjoyment.

Coco, I'm SO sorry about your friend. We are never really ready to let them go, are we?

I have my meals planned for the next two days. I'll go start the menu. Have a great on program day everyone.

Katpo
02-03-2007, 01:41 PM
I still feel really horrible. I think it's the Zocor but am not sure. I have taken all sorts of other cholesterol medicines in the past but never Zocor. I feel really weak and my muscles hurt, sorta like flu but without any other symptoms. Anyway, I'm hoping it'll get better in a day or so.

Stay warm, everybody! We're going to get in the 50s today and it's really sunny. I think it's still in the 30s at the moment but with the sun, it should warm up soon. Judd and his dad are going to the shooting range; as you can guess, I'm NOT going. I do have a bunch of vegetables that I might make some soup with later. It'll just be onions, red-green-yellow bell peppers, carrots, and diced potatoes with vegetable broth. I'll make it today but eat it tomorrow.

I hope everybody's having a good day. Coco, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. :hug:

blessedwithsarah
02-03-2007, 04:12 PM
Happy Saturday everyone. My house is clean, laundry is just about done, did my grocery shopping, had a 7am hair appt (cut and foil), Sarah is sleeping and I have some time to myself. We are meeting my sister and bil for dinner at 5 -- they wanted to go at 4:30, ah no. A little too early for me, and Sarah would never eat dinner that early. During the week we eat around 6. So, here I am checking in.

The scale has been a nice friend this past week. Figuring out my points has helped. I thought my weight stalled due to eating too much. Interesting to know my points were too low. I've added protein into breakfast and more amounts at my meals. Its making a difference - feeling fuller and losing. The scale was 179 this morning, which is a very good thing. It has been over 180 for quite some time. I did splurge a bit this morning - at the hair salon I was having a nice ff/sf/chia tea while I was under the dryer. I hadn't eaten breakfast before I left - no time. There was a container of biscotti, I have to admit I did have one. There were very yummy, and thankfully small. I will look up in my books to figure the points. I'd be surprised if it was more than 3. Oh well, as Vickie said, can't change yesterday, just today. I like that saying!

Kathy, did the shingles outbreak happen? I hope not -- if the Zocor is not working for you call the Dr on Monday. No reason to feel awful while trying to get your cholestoral under control. There are other meds, or maybe a different dose.

Angela, how is your household feeling? Its awful enough with just one when sickness goes around. I can't imagine 3!

Coco, I had the same thing happen to me a couple of times. I would do a long post and then think I lost it since it showed I wasn't logged in. What I finally realized is that when you just log in it does keep the post. HTH.

Frouf, I love those miracle suits. Even at goal, my belly is just not the same after pregnancies. Not that I had any stomach muscles to begin with :D I'm getting excited for your trip!! I'll live my cruise dreams through you. I hope in a few years that we will take a cruise to Bermuda, in the summers they run out of Boston. I love Bermuda, I know dh would enjoy it as well.

I did some condo shopping on line yesterday. We've been kicking around the idea of a summer condo in Maine. I searched on realtor.com and found quite a few in the area we like that were fairly reasonable -- last year when I looked there was nothing reasonable, I'll take the benefit of a slowed market. Anyway, one realtor emailed me back and has sent me about 8 potential listings. I printed everything off and need to really read through. Its about a 2 hour drive from here, so maybe in a few weeks we'll spend a Sunday looking around. Who knows, something may be perfect. There is one complex that is right on the beach with few potentials. OK, I did nothing at work from 3-5 :o Shh....don't tell.

Well, need to wake up sleeping beauty. If she sleeps longer than an hour she doesn't fall asleep at night until 9. I think I need to stop putting her down for a nap - as it was today it took her over an hour to fall asleep. Its awful to admit, but I do love my hour of quiet time.

Take care all.

Froufy
02-03-2007, 06:55 PM
I am FREEZING cold sitting here at my puter - feet feel liks blocks of ice - and so it begins - temps dropping here today - bright out but very COLD AND WINDY!

Had breakfast w/my gf at Denny's - the fit fare veggie omellete - I should have STOPPED eating when I was full - but just kept talking and chewing and before you knew it - almost all gone! oh well!

Then errands and groceries - and home to unpack it all - have lunch and relax. Dh gone w/ds to the arena for more skating altho ds still coughing a bit! I have been nibbling a little too much today and am not very happy with myself - shall have to skip dinner at this rate! ...and scale was up a bit this morning - not good!

Paula - enjoy your dinner out - and I too hated it when the kids finally gave up those naps - life will never be the same :D:D

Angela - how is everyone doing today?

kathy - I agree that maybe differents meds are in order? Maybe you should at least call the dr and let him/her know how you're feeling?

Vickie - stay warm - enjoy the game!

Saw a special in today's paper - Adrien Arpel - facial/makeup/hand treatment - $49.50!!! ends next saturday - they will call me back to book appt! Also today's travel section was on CRUISING - how appropriate!

As for the miracle suit - wow - like a bathing suit girdle! It does fit me (18) but still quite tight? Biggest problem is it has a hook thing in the back with keyhole opening underneath! I CANNOT HOOK THIS SUIT UP BY MYSELF - had to get dh to do it - and so this is not a good SOLO CRUISER'S bathing suit if you get my meaning? Also I seem to have a fat back - cuz my pudge is coming out of the round opening below the hook/closure - not pretty!

But definitely a possibility once I lose some more weight - (and I am not travelling alone!) - so I have put it away for now! I do have 2 suits that fit but still hoping for a new one? Not in the mood to hit the stores tho so I'll have to wait and see!

Still contemplateing the dress on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170076468956&rd=1&rd=1) and looking for an appropriate cover up for my fat arms! Found a couple so far, but not too sure about them:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=130058882911&rd=1&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290059778561&rd=1&rd=1

We will probably stay home tonight as no sitter in sight right now? and I know dh will need his 'nap' when he gets back from skating - such an old man (at 44!)

Frouf

Where's Melissa? have not seen here in a while?

Katpo
02-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Sounds like a very busy day, Frouf! I hope you get to stay home and rest tonight.

I was warned about the side-effects of the medicine so am not totally surprised by how I feel, but I didn't think it would be this bad. Oh well. As for the other, the nerve has healed and there were very few blisters. All is much better in that department.

I ask you though, how mean is this? I sent Judd to the store for trash bags, and he went and got them. When he came home, I was watching TV in the family room so he went in the bedroom to watch. I walked in a few minutes later and there's a HUGE bag of peanut M&Ms on the nightstand. He asked if I wanted some and I said no. So then we switched places; I came in here to take a bath and he's in the family room. I glanced over and saw them and am now eating M&Ms straight out of the bag. He really should be ashamed of himself for bringing them home.

Off to watch TLC and drink some water. I think I should brush my teeth so I'll stay out of the you-know-whats.

coco99
02-03-2007, 09:29 PM
Hi Everyone
It is cold and windy here tonight. We are in a wind advisory from 7:00 tonight till 12:00 pm tomorrow. Said some areas could be with wind chill 10 below. BURRRR!!!!

KATPO How mean of hubby. But sounds like something my hubby would do. Brushing the teeth sounds like a good idea. Or go drink a cup of Hot cocoa.
Sure hope you get to feeling better. Its awful when you have to take a med to make you feel better. And ends up making you feel worse.

VICKIE No we wasnt ready to let our friend go. Even though she was older. But at least now she isnt in any pain. And is at peace. So that is what gets us through. I hope you are doing ok. Thinking of you.

ONTARGET. Thanks for the hugs. Always can use hugs. Hope you are doing ok. Thinking of you.

FROUFY Did you find a little cover up for the dress yet. Hope so. I liked the dress. Thanks for the thoughts with the loss of our friend. Hope you had a great day.

To everyone else. Hope you had a good day. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes with the lost of our friend.
Well I better get off here and see if this will go through.
Hope everyone has a good warm weekend.
Coco

aghiowa
02-04-2007, 12:03 AM
Hey everybody, thanks for asking how we're doing. We're plugging along here...dh got sick last night, and is still pretty uncomfortable, but thankfully I'm feeling well enough to take the reins of the household for a while.

Hee hee, I watched Pride and Prejudice while he dozed this evening...nothing like a sick husband giving up control of the remote. :D

I am still debating whether or not to take the girls to church tomorrow. I know dh will stay home, but I think the 2 older dd's are feeling well enough. Who knows. :shrug:

It's also quite cold here...the high today was supposedly 0.

I think I'm headed for bed in a bit...

Later all,
Angela

Katpo
02-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Good morning to you all! It's another sunny day here and supposed to get up in the 50s again, but will rain again next weekend. I have mopped muddy doggy prints until I am DONE with it -- I'm buying Bindy some shoes to wear outside.

Like these! (http://cgi.ebay.com/Dog-Apparel-Boots-Booties-Black-White-Cuff-Large-set-4_W0QQitemZ330082121426QQihZ014QQcategoryZ66765QQr dZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

And hopefully with these, I won't spend the whole spring mopping the kitchen floor.

Judd and his friend have gone back to the gun range. I still say it's too cold so no thanks. I'll just stay around the house doing laundry and other housework.

Angela, your poor DH. I hope he feels better today.

Happy Sunday to all!

TechAlum
02-04-2007, 05:46 PM
Happy Sunday,

Didn't get a chance to check in yesterday, DH was "updating" something on the computer and it wasn't going well. When he does that I find it best to stay away and smile and nod when he explains something I don't understand. That's what I get for marrying someone geekier than me.

This week has been really ugly eating and exercise wise, and the scale was not my friend when I peeked this morning. Lets hope I can get back on track soon. Making chili for dinner it's a light recipe so should be ok.

Sandra - Hope your tournament went well. Who is Cathy, I think I missed something.

Angela - Too bad about DH, glad the rest of you are feeling better though.

Kathy - Definitely call the dr. they may be able to help even if they warned you of the side effects, they maybe worse than expected and you won't know unless you ask.

Vickie - Good luck at the doctors.

Coco - sorry about your friend, no matter how old they are, if they're a good fiend they leave an empty place.

Frouf - The dress is cute and pretty basic. I liked the first cover up the one like a poncho. The thing is that's a lot of black did they have the dress or cover up in another color? To bad about the bathing suit. But it gives you something to work towards.

Paula - 4:30 for dinner are they going for the early bird special? DH and I are late eaters (7 - 7:30) but still.....

Well, time for me to get dinner started. So I can watch the game. Have a great night all.

- Tech

Katpo
02-04-2007, 06:02 PM
LOL! I think you meant "Lucy" ... which is Sandra's alterego. She thinks she does some ditzy blonde things at times, and calls it a "Lucy moment."

If Sandra takes Lucy to a tournament, no telling what would happen! She left her at home this weekend so Frouf could watch her.

I just made four lean (93/7) hamburger patties to have for lunch this week. It was the leanest I could find so it'll have to do. I can melt a slice of FF cheese on top and have some ketchup, and I'll be in hog heaven. I might also make some pinto beans later on. Breakfasts this week will be FF cottage cheese, peaches and milk; dinners will be fish and a salad. I'll probably have the same thing all week.

I found an absolute MIRACLE drink today! Our Kroger has Dr Pepper products on sale this week 5 for $10 (12 packs). Erin drinks Dr Pepper and we usually drink Diet A&W, but today I saw Diet Sunkist orange drink and decided to get some. No caffeine, no calories and BOY HOWDY is it good!!! I just can't get over it! I am SO not a diet drinker but this is absolutely great.

thingirlinside
02-04-2007, 07:16 PM
Good evening ladies, I am having a lazy day today didn't do much, I got back late last night visiting my mom.

Kathy those doggie booties are adorable, they will keep the paws warm as well as your floor clean.Your going to have to post a picture of bindy wearing them.

Tech I made chili for lunch. I do the same to dh, just nod & smile!

froufy the dress is real pretty and I like either cover up, they all match nice.

Will check back in a bit, I have to get dinner started.

septembersgoal
02-04-2007, 07:51 PM
Hi friends!! Sorry I haven't been around. I've been so busy. We've been working on the house like crazy. Yesterday we cleaned out the garage in the FREEZING temps...I know our neighbors thought we were crazy but it needed to be done!

Kathy, I have become addicted to Diet Sunkist. I've never been a big orange soda fan but I love that stuff and now I drink it all the time. I'm always wanting one but try to reign myself in to one a day. :) I'm also looking for the cherry coke zero...can't wait for that.

Angela, I hope that you get the sickness out of your house soon, bless your hearts. It just keeps hanging around, doesn't it?!

Sandra, I hope that you've had a good weekend. :hug:

Girls I'm so far behind but I have to go do some housework, laundry, etc etc etc. You know how it goes! I want to go to bed early tonight and that requires me getting off of my tush right now. I'm thinking about you all though!
Oh and I have my 3rd weigh-in tomorrow night. :crossed: for good results!!

aghiowa
02-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Sigh...so I thought we were finally all getting better, right? Well, dd #2, the one who started this all off a week and a half ago, has a high fever again today. What the heck!?! Break out the Tylenol and hope for the best I guess.

I think the truant officers will be checking at my door soon, she's missed so much school lately. Good thing it's only kindergarten. :lol:

Time to make dinner for the kiddos.

Angela

Froufy
02-04-2007, 08:36 PM
Wow Angela - hope it's nothing serious and she is able to fight off whatever it is! How's dh doing? or should I ask has he been comandeering the remote yet? :D

Kathy - sounds like you are very well prepared! and I love the puppy shoes - so very cute! I also love the diet orange crush and even the sunkist cream soda once in a while (and it's pink to boot!). I am now drinking/trying diet pepsi jazz (do you have that in the US?) - diet pepsi, black cherry, and french vanilla flavors - dh loves it - I find it a bit sweet and medicinal tasting! icky!

Yes Lucy is safe and sound - I have actually 'tied' her up in the basement - no telling what she will do if she is left to roam around on her own!

Well so far I did not get the black dress - but did get the sparkly shirt to use as a cover up for other outfits - with my black pants - figured I should get a lot of wear out of it on the cruise and it sure looks lightweight and easy to pack! (as I wake up in every morning and 'mentally' pack my suitcase and freak out a bit!).

And I have been a bad froufie - into the potato chips again - when will I ever learn? I just can't bring them into the house - I feel like I can - then a weak moment comes upon me - and crunch!

I have also been slacking in the exercise dept this weekend - not feeling motivated which is a very bad thing!!! Have to get back on track - I think I shall have to lose the same 2 lbs over again this week - sigh.....

Went to see the Senators skills show today with the boys (our nhl hockey team) - was lots of fun - lots of kids. Managed to get by with a decaf w/cream and shared litte ds' bag of popcorn (it was when I got home starving that all @#$#$ broke loose!).

Tomorrow is a new day right?

Froufie

Katpo
02-05-2007, 07:45 AM
Good morning to you all. It's another early day -- I woke up at 5 and couldn't go back to sleep so I figured I'd grab the laptop (stays by the bedside) and do some reading.

I'll go start the menu. Meanwhile, everybody have a good day!

Froufy
02-05-2007, 01:20 PM
Come join us on the new chat board!