100 lb. Club - Weekly Exercise 1/28-2/3

View Full Version : Weekly Exercise 1/28-2/3

NESunshine
01-28-2007, 02:25 PM
Hope y'all don't mind if I get the new thread started
Today it was 30 minutes elliptical, 20 minutes treadmill, 20 minutes stairmill, 25 minutes weights.

SexyRevealed
01-28-2007, 04:36 PM
Wow, Sunshine, you had a great exercise day!

I just did the 30 min 2 mile WATP tape. I'd been laying around all day, putting it off, and finally said, "Girl, just get up and do it!" Even better - my 8 year old son (who is a bit overweight) did it with me!

rockinrobin
01-29-2007, 05:24 PM
I did the 2 mile WATP video early, early in the morning and just completed it again now. I also did 2 sets of 45 sit ups and a bunch of leg and arm work.

SexyRevealed
01-29-2007, 08:00 PM
I tried to get cute and pulled out one of my FIRM tapes... Uh uh, not yet. LOL. I lasted 10 mins! I love the tapes though, and I hope to get back to them soon. But I really need to build up my strength and endurance. So I went back to WATP for the day. I'll try again next week.

Penney
01-29-2007, 08:10 PM
I went to curves today - 30 minutes for me.......:)

I am almost back to normal after being so sick last week.... I think I am going to try and bump it to 45 minutes tomorrow.....

DramaQueenLucy
01-29-2007, 08:26 PM
I am proud to tell you that I made 32 minutes on the bike today that is 2 minutes more then yesterday. Keep going until I hit 60 minutes a day. Also did 25 crunches today.

NESunshine
01-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Last night 60 minutes on the elliptical

Mrs Quadcrew
01-30-2007, 10:04 AM
30 minute walk first thing this morning.

EnglishMuffin
01-30-2007, 02:41 PM
Wow NESunshine you get the golden crown for cardio today!! Well done everyone on all their hard work.

I exercised at home today doing my version of circuit training - this involves running up and down a reebok step for ten mins/ doing resistance work with dumbells/ medicine ball/ lunging for 10 mins / then another interval of stepping with light weights....and so on. Did an hour and a quarter in total and looked like I'd been hosed down at the end of it!

EM

LisaMarie71
01-30-2007, 05:22 PM
That sounds like a great workout, EnglishMuffin!! Sometimes our "homemade" workouts are the best ones! We know what makes us sweat!

I did nothing the last two days, not even my usual Sunday yoga, because I've had a horrible cold. I'm not completely better, but I went to the gym anyway (in fact I'm there now, waiting for my husband to finish) and did 3.2 miles on the treadmill. 2 miles were running. Getting ready for another group run on Saturday -- this one is 3 miles! Scary!

Penney
01-31-2007, 09:25 PM
Yesterday was my "off-day".

Today I did a Biggest Loser workout - it was fun..... afterwards I did my sit-ups on the exercise ball. So about 40 minutes total for me.... yay

LisaMarie71
01-31-2007, 09:32 PM
Today I did 10 min on the recumbent bike, 20 min on the elliptical, and a 60 min bodysculpting class.

DramaQueenLucy
02-01-2007, 07:20 AM
Did my 30 minutes on the bike yesterday. Not feeling well today so I am playing that by ear.

SexyRevealed
02-01-2007, 08:59 AM
Colleen, hope you feel better soon. :hug:

Well I am back, feeling better. PMS had me down and tired, but I got a good night's rest last night. Got up this morning and did 30 mins of WATP. :D

Mrs Quadcrew
02-01-2007, 09:11 AM
Did my 30 minute walk outside at 6:30 am. You know, I really do enjoy that first thing in the morning. I tried the Denise Austin walking DVD - it was ok - I prefer getting my walk outside though - seems like more of a workout for me.

How do you ladies like the "Biggest Looser" exercise DVDs? Which ones do you have and what do you like about it? I am thinking of getting it, but wasn't sure if it is a good one or not. I am obviously new to the working out stuff, so I could use some advice. Which ones are a good work out that I can actually DO?? (and thanks in advance for any help here!)

EnglishMuffin
02-01-2007, 01:34 PM
Wow well done on yet more cardio - you are all very self motivated by the sound of it.

I had a bit of a breakthrough yesterday - went to my first ever group exercise class!! Have been exercising regularly for two years and last year in a gym but I'd stay in my own little safe bubble. Thought this year I'd add some classes to try and feel like I'm integrated into the world of exercise and I belong. Went to bodypump which works with barbells - think you have it in the states too? - I found it really tough even though I'm used to high repetitions - am very achey today. But it felt so good to be part of it and to feel like I could keep up with everyone!!!! Will try some other stuff and if I'm brave I'll go to a proper circuit training class instead of doing my own.

EM

sharonrr
02-01-2007, 01:42 PM
Hi Ladies, I hope you don't mind that I just started posting with all of you. You seem like a good group. I like reading your posts. Today I did:
30 min. E.T. 30 min. bike 25 min. T.M. 35 min weights.

Penney
02-01-2007, 06:00 PM
Tonight I am going to Curves - so that will be 30 minutes for me.

Mrs. Quadcrew - I have 2 of the Biggest Loser workout dvds and I love them - I like Season 3 best - it has more options. You can choose what you want to do - you get to choose from like 10 or 12 options (cardio or sculpt - mens or womens - (I do both), warmup/cool down etc.). So if you want a short workout or a long workout it is all up to you. It is so much fun! Oh and if you have not tried it yet - the Walk Away The Pounds dvds are pretty good too....

English Muffin - :bravo: on attending the workout class. That is great - I think I would be so nervous......

Have a great evening everyone!

Mrs Quadcrew
02-01-2007, 07:16 PM
Thank you Penny for the heads up on the Biggest looser DVDs! I appreciate it.

SexyRevealed
02-01-2007, 08:23 PM
Welcome Sharon!!!

Penney
02-01-2007, 09:13 PM
Well - you know what they say about best laid plans... I was heading out to exercise and comitted the ultimate no-no..... I answered the phone instead of going out the door.... :nono:

So - instead tonight I worked out to the first Biggest Loser dvd... and did some situps on the ball afterwards.... about 45 minutes in all.

Mrs. Quadcrew - I was reading my earlier post and need to clarify what I wrote.... I have the first and second Biggest Loser dvd's. The reason why I was saying I like the 3rd best is that the 2nd dvd has the cast from the 3rd season - I keep mixing the title up. It has like 9 different options so you can numerous different programs. The good thing about the first dvd is that if you want "pre-set" workouts - it has them for a 6-week program or you can do "customized" workouts.

Okay - now that I have made sense of everything.... have a great evening everyone!!!!

boaterswife
02-01-2007, 10:22 PM
OMG, you guys make me feel like I'm a slacker! Today (and usually everyday) I did 30 minutes pyramiding on the elliptical and 25 minutes with the free weights. I think I need to step it up!

As for the Walk Away the Pounds DVD's, I just tried them this week and like them. I do prefer to get my walk in outside, but I've been kinda creeped out lately so I haven't been walking....it's usually late by the time I get to it for the day....

Mrs Quadcrew
02-02-2007, 09:52 AM
Did my 30 minute walk first thing this morning, and 10 minutes of working out with the big exercise ball.

EnglishMuffin
02-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Kelly I don't think you could classify yourself as a slacker with that workout. What's pyramiding by the way - sounds interesting.

My exercise - step aerobics for 45mins with Keli Roberts as my instructor and some killer ab work for 10mins until muscles were screaming no more.

EM

EnglishMuffin
02-03-2007, 11:34 AM
Exercise today was an hour cardio (10 min elliptical, 30 mins rowing, 20 mins bike) and then an hour using free/ machine weights.

EM

Penney
02-03-2007, 01:06 PM
Yesterday - I was just completely wiped out - so I took the evening off....

I went to Curves this morning..... and then later this evening I am going to work out with my handweights and my exercise ball...... I will end up with about 60 to 75 minutes total today........

Tomorrow I am going to have to get up early and get my time in before I start prepping for the invasion....

LisaMarie71
02-03-2007, 01:34 PM
I was sick all week, so I did nothing Thurs and Fri and today I did the 3-mile group run with my 10k training team. Had to walk quite a bit, though, and then I fell and busted my face open and chipped my tooth, which I've posted about on other threads. Not a great week for me!!

SexyRevealed
02-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Today I did a total body workout using free weights. I only did one set. On Monday I will do 2 sets of each exercise.

EnglishMuffin
02-04-2007, 01:57 PM
Hi,

Lisa well done on your 3 mile run despite feeling below par. Bad luck about the fall and the chipped tooth - hope you can get this mended easily.

I'll just edit my post next week - today's exercise was swimming - I did 20 lengths as I was feeling quite achey from activities over the last few days and I had a lot of house work to do when I got home. But a very good active week.

EM

SexyRevealed
02-04-2007, 04:48 PM
Today I did Turbo Jam - 20 minutes.