WW Clubs and Groups - Fabulous 40's #82

View Full Version : Fabulous 40's #82

Here is #82 already. Don't forget to read Myra's on page 2 of #81 especially you Joyce. :lol:

Es,
That is so cute that you still say that to David. Good mommy!

I made it through another day with no candy. I forget they are there. YAY!!!!!!

Terri

Those are the Beetles on my attachment if you couldn't tell. :D :?:
Terri

mpinkham
10-18-2001, 01:04 PM
You are so strong, Terri. So much self control.

Thanks so much Myra! You guys have made this possible.
Terri

Livinghealthy
10-18-2001, 06:37 PM
Hello Everyone:)

AOl users, have you downloaded the new version? I did mine this morning. It takes a long time.

Terri, I'm so weak when it comes to chocolate. When I buy candy for halloween I'm going to bag them up the night before. Do you think kids will be trick or treating with all the nonsense that's going on? A few people I know aren't buying candy this year.
The funny thing about the "see you later alligator" Pete taught the twins & they sound so cute. I love those little guys.

Today wasn't such a bad day at work. It went kind of fast. The post office got a letter with powder. There were cops all over the place. I left at 4:00 & we hadn't heard anything yet. There are so many nutty people out there:mad:

Where is everybody?

Calling, Dianne, Jen, Joyce, Bouphy & Zoe!!!!

decemberdianne
10-18-2001, 06:55 PM
Hi guys :wave:

I'm glad you all liked my picture!

Terri - that was me this past summer:lol:

Jen - that picture is motivational -- I'm gonna stick it on my fridge, to keep me on program when I'm home. Come to think of it I better stick one on my computer at work too:D

Joyce - welcome back - glad to "see ya".

Es- why are you calling me? Didn't you see my picture I just posted yesterday? How could you miss me:lol:

Hey Zoe, Janie (let's go yanks!), myra and bouphy, how are you guys?

Well, hopefully, I'll talk to yous later. If not maybe when I return home on Sunday from my visit to my sweetie, Alana.

Look at my new picture below - I lost a lot of weight over the summer

Have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend everyone~

Hugs,
Dianne

:devil:

mpinkham
10-18-2001, 07:43 PM
Nope haven't downloaded it yet. Haven't had time. What do you think of it, Essie?

Jenny523
10-18-2001, 07:49 PM
Welcome back, Joyce! I'm sure glad it was "just" your computer...nothing we said! :lol: As you can see, everyone's been having tons of fun with attachments, courtesy of some training from Zoe and Terri. And they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks.........

Dianne, you have a good/weird sense of humor, I like that in a person :cool: Enjoy your weekend!

Essie, your relationship with David is so special. He will make a wonderful catch one day (and yes, it WILL happen!) . What a hassle it must have been about the powder/post office incident. Life is entirely different than it was 5 weeks ago. Of course, it's not surprising to hear that the "crazies" have already come out of the woodwork.

Terri, awesome selective memory! to just forget about the ( whispering....c..a..n..d..y..). THAT is why you're down in the 130's!!!!! Are you watching Survivor? We eat dinner at 7 every Thursday now, and watch it together. Oh, and, are you a Beatles' fan too? I've been in love with them since I was 11. :love:

HI to Myra, Janie, Zoe :wave:

~Jen

Livinghealthy
10-18-2001, 08:49 PM
Dianne, I just felt like busting your chops:lol: Have a great time this weekend.

Jen, I treasure the relationship I have with David. When he talks to me on the phone & if one of his friends are around they can't believe he was talking to his Mom because of the way we joke around. He's my Buddy. Ever since he's been spending time with his new friend I don't see him as much. We talk on the phone just about every day or every other day. Would you believe I never saw Survivor?:eek: Is it like a series?

Myra, I haven't really checked it out yet. There's a couple of new things but I don't feel like spending too much time online. Too tired :yawn:

Goodnight.

I am dense. What are you and Myra talking about? Downloaded what? I love new things. Just curious. :?:

Dianne,
Love your sense of humor. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Be careful!

Jen,
Yes, I watch Survivor. Tonights episode helped save a few points. Can we say "GROSS?" I am starting to like some and hate others. this is where the fun comes in. :lol:

Es,
Not sure what they are doing here for Halloween. Definite checking of the candy this year. ew! Only houses we know for sure. We live in the Bible Belt and they are talking about having trick or treating on Tuesday instead because Wednesdays are so big with classes at Church.
Thos nephews sound so cute!

See ya later Alligator!
Terri

mpinkham
10-19-2001, 06:50 AM
The new version of AOL. It just became available.

Livinghealthy
10-19-2001, 08:02 AM
Goodmorning:)

How is everybody feeling today? Glad it's Friday? I have to go shopping at the mall. I'm looking for a baby gift. One of my co-workers just became a grandma. I need jeans. I've been holding off hoping to lose some weight but now I'm in desperate need of winter clothes.

Terri, I'm not sure what to do. I live in a complex & every year we get alot of kids but I'm not sure about this year. I guess I'll just a little.

A while back I told you about this attorney I work with that started LA Weightloss. She lost 35 lbs. It took her 10 months but now is when everybody is noticing. She's only doing it cause her daughter is getting married. As soon as the wedding is over she's going back to the way she use to eat & drink. What a waste of money. That's the diet that YOU MUST buy their protein bars, $14 a week. You weigh in 3 times week. She tried WW but was unsuccessful. Oh well, to each his own.

Gotta go. Busy day ahead of me.

Later gators:lol:

Love,
Es

mpinkham
10-19-2001, 08:22 AM
I guess I am lucky, sort of. I live on a street where the houses, including mine, is kind of set back and are sort of spread out. Not great for trick or treating. I am lucky if we get a handful of trick or treaters. This is good because I don't have to buy as much candy. But it is bad because being the hyper person I am, I buy several bags anyway just to be sure in case more people come this year. That means all of that candy stays in the house after Halloween. You should see me pushing my son and DH to eat candy. I'm fine before Halloween with the bags closed and tucked away, but afterwards it is soooooooo hard.

Jenny523
10-19-2001, 11:01 AM
Essie, my son heard that the new aol was geared toward people who have the high speed hookup (cable?)...we still go thru the phone line modem. How do you like it? Is it very different?

We get quite a few kids on Halloween here, last year we went through about 8 or 9 bags of candy. I hate to give out chocolate, don't even want it in the house. I make up treat bags for the grandsons, nieces, with "good" stuff, then buy non-chocolate to hand out to everyone else. Last year my son set up an elaborate scene on the front lawn with dummies hanging from the tree, and a guy in an electric chair with lights and sound effects. The neighborhood kids love it. This year I did ask him to tone it down a bit, I don't want to see bodies.

have a good friday!
~Jen

Es,
Your attorney friend will gain it back. It seems when you lose for an occasion the pressure is on and the relief that they feel when it is over just makes them go nuts and gain twice as fast as they got it off. You are doing it right.
We have a good share of kids that come around. Bruce and I used to take the kids around together but with his bad leg he can't walk as far as we like to go so he sits outside and passes out candy and has fun with the kids. When it starts getting late he starts handing out handfulls. He eats his fair share too. :lol:
Brittany wants to take the boys around herself this year. I think I'll go with them one more time. I can see it now, Brittany sees a friend or a cute boy and she loses her brothers. :lol:

Myra,
Know what you mean on the open bags. I already told Bruce he isn't to open any bags until we leave to go trick or treating. I want them gone when I get back. Then I'll sneak some good stuff from the boys buckets. :s: get the candy points ready. :lol:

Jen,
Sounds like Halloween is a fun time at your house.
Love it! I have to replace our American flag for a couple days with our Halloween Flag. Maybe I'll put the USA Flag in the window until I put it back on the pole. Too cheap to buy another pole. :lol:

TTYL,
Terri

JanieD
10-19-2001, 01:40 PM
HI Ladies,
Leftover Halloween candy is always a big problem, but fortunately Ellen's Birthday is 2 weeks after Halloween. I use all the left overs and the Stuff she doesn't like from her take home to put in the goodie bags and the pinata at the party. Anything left after that goes into my secretary's candy dish at work. I have finally trained my sec not to buy milky ways, rollos or mounds for her candy dish. Anything else I can leave but those drag me in like a fish hook. :devil: This year with all that has been going on, I think I am going to give out pencils. Those can always be recycled next year if there are a lot of leftovers and they won't tempt me to go off program.

I loved all of your beautiful pictures. I will have to find some good one's of me that aren't 20 years old.

Diane,
You are so lucky to have such a rich relationship with David. I hope that I can be as close to Ellen when she is grown.

Love to you all,
Janie

Livinghealthy
10-19-2001, 09:35 PM
Hi All:wave:

JanieD, I'm the one who has a son named David:lol: The way we've been posting you lose track of whose who! Even though Dianne & I say we're twins because we think very much alike. Luckily Ellen's birthday is right after Halloween. Perfect for getting rid of those leftovers.

Myra, I made 80 treat bags last year & they were all gone by 7:00. I started giving them out around 4:30. It's very hard for me if I have anything leftover. If I have any left I will bring them into work the next day & keep them far away from my desk! Chocolates are my downfall.

Terri, I know the atty will gain it all back. She has a big appetite. She said she can't wait to eat pasta. WW is the best;)
Brittany looked adorable in the picture. Soooooooooo cute!

Jen, I downloaded it & still haven't played around with it. David likes it. He said it has a couple of new features. I only have a chance to post here & look for GIF's :lol:

Well my friends, be back tomorrow.

Love,
Es

Thanks Es. Brittany says thank you and almost died when she saw her baby pic. on the internet. :lol:
She loved it.
YES, WW is the best!!!!
She'll see.

Hi JanieD. Pencils are a great idea. When some family up the street ran out of candy the teen boys who lived in the house were coming out with canned tuna, packs of peanut butter crackers, canned corn. You should have seen the kid's faces.
:?: I would have loved to have seen the parents of the teens faces. :mad: :lol:

Brandon's team has to raise $15,000 so they can go to the Nationals since they are the State champs. Well, one fund raiser is to sell Krispy Kreme doughnuts. We will have 75 dozen doughnuts at my house tomorrow. That is how many orders Bruce and I got . Pray for us. :lol:

Goodnight everyone! :wave:

Terri

Hi all! Off to another soccer game.
There must be something to this exercise stuff. I am right smack dab in the middle of my TOM and there is always BLOATING and I still lost 1/2#. That is really amazing for this time of month.
So I have never been happier about 1/2 like this.
Brandon is asleep and Bruce is at Bradley's soccer game and Britts is getting ready for hers. I'll report theirs later.

Terri

Livinghealthy
10-20-2001, 02:01 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Terri!!!! WTG!

There is nothing like exercise. It's a cure for weightloss, depression, stress. It can even keep certain diseases in control. I'm waiting for Pete to get home from work & I'll be on my way to the gym. I spoke to David & my nephew's Lil boy & they want me to come over. I miss them :( I am so tempted but then there goes the gym:rolleyes: I'll see when Pete gets home.

Terri, it would be VERY difficult for me to have Krispy Kreme doughnuts nearby. I love them! You have some willpower girl. Can you send some my way :lol:

Hi Jen, Myra, Dianne, Joyce, Janie, Bouphy & Patti:wave:
Have a great day everybody!

Here's to you Terri.....

Joyce
10-21-2001, 01:16 AM
Hi gang! :wave:

I'm still trying to catch up with everything that has been going on so I thought I'd print all the posts I missed and read and respond as I can. BUT, I can not find thread 78 & 80. I read the polls but can't find the threads.

I've had so much trouble with the computer this month. :mad:

Anyway, I'm trying to read and find out what's going on.

I'm doing okay. Still REALLY busy. I am looking forward getting back to our laid back pace.

I've missed all of my WW meetings this month. My leader called Tues. but I have not even had the time to call her back yet. My weight according to my scale has stayed the same. We'll see next week.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Luv,
Joyce

Thanks Es. You are just too sweet!
That is a hard decision, hang out at the gym or hang out with cute kids.
The Krispy Kremes left pretty quickley. Thank God. Love those things.

Good luck Joyce. It is so hard when you are busy. Keep in touch.

Hi Diane, Myra, Jen, JanieD and Bouphy and Patti

Terri

Livinghealthy
10-21-2001, 08:22 AM
Hello:)

Terri, I decided to go to the gym. I felt great afterwards. I will go see Lil Louie today. He told me he loved me on the phone yesterday & I couldn't stop thinking about it. He loves David. David has been around him since he was born cause Dave & his Dad share a house together. He says David is his friend. Too cute!!! 5 yrs. old & he says he wants his sandwich cut horizontal & vertical!!! LOL

Joyce, I wonder why you couldn't read the posts:?: Anyway, I think it would be too much to try to catch up to cause we have been on a roll. We've been busy here:D

Bouphy, did we scare you away? Stop by & say hi:wave:

The end of the weekend is here:( It's a beautiful crisp day & I'm going to enjoy it.

Be back later.

Love,
Essie

Jenny523
10-21-2001, 10:27 AM
Way to go, Terri! And good job on those Krispy Kremes.....that would be a definite temptation!

Essie, I'll bet your nephew is adorable....he sounds so cute :) and loving.

Joyce, when you go to the screen that lists all the numbered threads, on the bottom are some menu boxes, one is show threads for the last.....number of days. Mine is set at 10 days, if you click on the arrow, you can go back further. I don't think that's a good explanation, but hope you see what I mean.

Did anyone see the concert from NY last night? Unreal, such big names, like Paul McCartney, Billy Joel, Eric Clapton........the guests of honor were NY's PD and FD.....what a night for them! They deserve it. :angel:

have a good Sunday.....

~Jen

Es,
Louie sounds just adorable. I'll bet David just hoists him up on his shoulders and has fun. That is so cute!
Glad you went to the gym. YAY ESSIE!!

Jen,
I missed it. That sounded wonderful. Yes they do deserve it.

Got another soccer game today and Brandon has to sell raffle tickets so I will see you later.

Terri

Zoe
10-21-2001, 06:26 PM
Hello my wonderful friends :wave:

I just got home from the office. Not from doing my usual work but to fix the furniture. On Friday we had a power outage....well, half of one anyway. Half the electric was on and half off. Phones were out (they're computerize) but the lightes were on. Computers were off but the lights in the halls and the elevators were off. Anyway, I've been wanting to change the furniture in my office around since it's so cramped in there.....a LARGE desk, a credenza, a short bookcase a tall one and a file cabinet. Well, I started but when 5 o'clock rolled around and hubby came downstairs to get me (did I ever mention we work for the same corporation?), I just left. He now left for New Orleans for 2 days and I just couldn't stand the thought of having to go in at 6:30 in the morning just to get it done and the computer set up again. I didn't want to do it today either but 1 hour out of my Sunday afternoon was alot better than an extra hour BEFORE work on a Monday morning. :eek: So here I am, pooped....my halloween and fall decorations sitting on the dining room floor and my spirit wanting to do it but not my body.

How have you all been this week? We had a busy last 3 or 4 days ~ between work just being it's usual, we had a company golf tournament all day Saturday. Even us NON golfers play :lol: And guess what?? I won longest putt for the 2nd year in a row!! Woo Hoo!! I've got a mean "putter". Ha!!

Well, I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend, even though it's just about over. Talk to you's later.

Patti ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas

Zoe
10-21-2001, 06:27 PM
oh my gosh Terri, Krispy Kremes.....YUM!!!!!!!!!!

mpinkham
10-21-2001, 06:44 PM
Just made a big pot of WW veggie soup. Hopefully it will get me through this week before Halloween. But I'm not sure if you guys keep attaching electronic candy to your posts. They make me hungry for the real thing.

I'll bet you are sooo tired Patti.
Take care of yourself and CONGRATULATIONS you little putter you. WOW!!!!
I made it through the Krispy Cremes. I didn't eat one!!!!!
Can you believe it?

Bruce is leaving for Los Angeles in the morning. I am so nervous about it. This is the first flight since the 11th. He has to do a highly classified job of some sort and he HAS to go. I hate it.
I told him he has to call from his cell phone the second he steps into the airport in L.A. I used to wait until he got settled into his hotel but not this time.

We are going to a movie tonight. Probably the "Don't Say A Word" one with Michael Douglas.

'Have a great Sunday night everyone!!!!
Terri

No more candy corn from me. I will try to only attach to private e-mails. Don't want to make it hard on you. :)
Great job on the veggie soup. I'll have to do that.
Are singing tomatoes better?
Terri

mpinkham
10-21-2001, 08:10 PM
Much!

Whoops. Went to page 2. See ya at 83.

Livinghealthy
10-21-2001, 08:21 PM
Hi Buddies,

Terri, what cute tomatoes!!!! Let me know how you like the movie. Bruce will be in my prayers tonight. He'll have an :angel: right next to him.

Myra, I've been saying I have to make the veggie soup for the past 3 months. It's so good & so easy to make. I 've just been too lazy to make it:rolleyes: WTG!! Great way to start your week!

Zoe, nice to rearrange furniture every now & then whether it's at home or at the office. I think I would have done the same thing, to get it over with today instead of tomorrow. You know how Mondays are, hectic to begin with. Good goin:) Sounds like you have some putter. What ever that means:lol: I don't know anything about golf.

Jen, I missed the concert. I was watching a very good movie then I went to sleep right after that. I turned in around 10:00. Sorry I missed it:(

I had a great day today. We went to church. The sermon was on how to conquer fear!! It was awesome. I felt so blessed when I walked out of there. Then my brother suggested we all go to the Chinese Buffet, kids & all. We had such a good time. His little chatter box 7 yr. old daughter sat next to me. :dizzy:

Well my friends, till tomorrow.

Hugs to all,
Es