Support Groups - Teens-introductions!

View Full Version : Teens-introductions!

100percentME
01-27-2007, 11:07 PM
Well, our teens group is finally taking off. So, i guess well use our first thread for introductions.:wave:
My name is Hailey. Im 15 years old and a sofmor in highschool. I live with my mom, dad, 2 sisters, and 1 brother. Im the youngest (grr). I have always been a little overweight, ive never really been skinny. I am 5 foot 3 inches tall and i havent grown in years, so im pretty sure this is the height i will be for the rest of 4ever. But im ok w/ that cuz i like being on the shorter side cuz that means im shorter than most guys. ;) A little about me: I love music, i listen to mostly rock, then punk, and little bit of everything else except rap. I play the clarinet in band at skool, i dont rly have ne hobbies. Umm...i like to scrapbook. I love hanging out with friends. I also enjoy going to church. My church has a really awesome youth group. Our youth pastor is cool and its a lot of fun to go fellowship with my christian friends.
Um, my weight story: ive always been on the heavier side and so ive been "dieting" for years. I dont have very good self confidence or self esteem but im really good at hiding that. But i promise to be 100% real with u guys-thus my username. A year and a half ago i weighed 130ish pounds, i thought i was soo fat, and now that is my goal weight. Over the course of a year i went up to 167 pounds. Not very much changed i was eating more cals but i was also more active so the exact reason for my dramatic weight gain im still not sure. Over a few months i lost about 17 pounds, but i went up and down up and down, loose 6, gain 3. Loose 5, gain 4. It was a long 3 months. Now i am 150 pounds and on a very frustrating plateau.
:woo: I love to have a good time, so its sometimes hard 4 me 2 b serious, but ima good listener, and i like to listen to ppl when they have a problem. im thinking of becoming a therapist/conselar person.I love people, i love to talk and to get to know people. I think life is awesome but there are times when i get really mad and i hate life. But, life is 40% wat happens to you and 50% how you respond (yes i know thats not 100, the other 10% is based on the ppl around u cuz they do affect ur life in a lot of wayz.)
Well, i hope this told a little bout me. Looking back its actually a lot longer than i expected. So, feel free to introduce urself. U dont have 2 write nething specific, just about who u r and stuff.
Hopefully ill be able to get to know u better! Oh, and if ne1 wants, u can email me: bloo_mooses@yahoo.com
or u can always PM me.
Have a great day!!!!!
~HaiLeY~

Lose25
01-28-2007, 01:44 AM
Morning Hailey!! Well The only reason i say good morning is because i couldnt sleep and its 1:30am!! So I decided to come on line and checkout whats going on!

So a little bit about myself (not much i promise). I am 18 years old and a middle child. My weight Story...Well i wasnt really that over weight until these past two years. I started weighing 130lbs but then gained 25 lbs over 2 summers. So since september I have been trying to lose these 25lbs pounds since for ever and i keep giving up over and over again. I am 155lbs right now and would love to get down to 130lbs by May or June. I havent started a diet yet but will be Feb 1st just because i have a few issues that i know will be solved by then.

I guess now for my hobbies! Gosh i am really bad this introducing stuff LOL!! Well i hate to lie about it but i am a bit shallow ( well you guys did ask for the truth) I love to shop, til i drop. I shop all the time and i am pretty damn good at it. But shopping isnt all, i also love to do all kinds of sports. Mostly extreme. um...what else? well..I am too tired to think staright..........um....Ya my brain isnt working right now. So I am going to go back to sleep and hopefully finish this intorducing thing tomorrow.

Well have A good night or good day chickas!! And I am Looking forward to meeting many of you.

Xoxo KIKI (Beyonca)

100percentME
01-30-2007, 06:26 PM
Nice to meetcha Lose25!!! (It says Beyonce in parenthesis at the bottom of ur post, is that ur name??)

I would write more right now but i have to write a paper for English and ive been on the internet procrastinating for about 2 hours now. Wish me luck!!

~HaiLeY~

Lose25
02-02-2007, 12:49 PM
Hey good luck... Ya it is Beyonca. I guess no one knows how to find this thread??? I dont know personally i have a hard time finding it too the only way i find is by finding where you have posted. In which group is this thread?? Anyways how is you diet coming along?Its feb 2 and i havent started mine :( hopefully soon!!

Beyonca

bubblebug12
02-18-2007, 04:24 AM
Hey! My name is Valerie, im 15, and a sophomore in high school. Im the oldest of 4 kids, I just moved to South Carolina from New York, and im bad at introductions lol. I started to follow the weight watchers point system in early January and so far have lost 15 pounds. Sorry I dont have time to write a longer intro, but I wanted to make sure I reply because I think its a really good idea! Hope to hear from you soon!

-Valerie

Lose25
02-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Hey Welcome!! And Congrats On your 15lbs Lost thats Huge!! Keep It UP!! Hm... Maybe i should follow the weight watchers! So In two months you lost 15lbs? Thats really good. Did you do it on your own or went to meetings?

Kee

100percentME
03-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Hey everyone!! Nice to meet cha Valerie!! Hope everything is going good. How are you guys doing?? Im doing okay, life is kind of busy right now. I dont have time to write, i just wanted to drop by and say hi!!

~HaiLeY~

bubblebug12
03-05-2007, 01:20 AM
Hey "Lose25"! Yeah im finding weight watchers to be a rather easy diet, its going great! No, I dont go to the meetings but my mom was on weight watchers a few months ago and lost 60 pounds so I just use all the books and things from when she went. I love the "points" system! Talk to everyone soon!

-Valerie

Lose25
03-08-2007, 11:42 PM
HEy sorry i Havent been around for a while. Anyways i have lost 5lbs so far but it doesnt really feel like i have. And i feel that 5lbs in a month is way too little. So my goal for this march is to lose at least 10lbs. But so far i dont know that seems maybe a bit too much. Bubblebug I was thinking of joining weight watchers but i found it too expensive. Right now i am doing my own thing and to be honest i havent been dieting much just exercising a lot. But i am working really hard on eatin better this month which would mean about 1500-1600 calories. Last month it was between 1800-2500 so that wasnt great but i stil managed to lose.

So whats everone else's struggles? And how about your diet plans?!

Hope to hear from you guys soon

bubblebug12
03-14-2007, 12:51 AM
Hey, yeah I found it too expensive too, thats why I dont do the meetings. I know what you mean I dont feel like im losing weight, im only losing about a pound a week, but thats with very little exercise, I guess if I did more then I would lose a bit more. But I have went down a size in jeans though so im happy about that! Talk to everyone soon!

-Valerie

Gamerchick
03-14-2007, 12:24 PM
Hey, just wanted to let you all know that there's another teen around here. I'm 16, and I have quite a bit more than 25 or 15 pounds to lose. I have about 115-120. I've been fat my entire childhood because of my family's bad eating habits, which I adapted, and then I went into compulsive overeating and comfort eating. One day about 2 years ago I said I would diet or kill myself, so I lost 20 pounds by cutting out junk. I went on a trip with a teacher and lost 12 more pounds. I went home and starved the rest off for about 7-8 months. I got down to 157. Then one day, I binged and that binged has lasted until now. My highest weight is 255, and I'm trying to get started now.I realize starving doesn't fix anything. Eventually you'll gain the weight you lost. I'm trying to lose 2 pounds a week from now on, and hopefully by my 18th birthday I'll be 130.

My name is Amanda and I like to be on the computer, play games, do ceramics/art in general, I like almost all music, but techno is my favorite. I love this board because the people are so nice...and I'm learning to accept my weight and be realistic so I can lose the weight.

100percentME
03-15-2007, 04:15 PM
WELCOME GAMERCHICK!! Its so great to meet you!
You will definatly find tons of support on this site, its awesome.
I hope to get to know you better as time goes by.
~HaiLeY~

bubblebug12
03-17-2007, 01:58 AM
Hey Gamerchick! These boards really help me, before I started dieting I used to go to food when I was bored, but now I come here and it really helps! This week I lost 3.9 pounds! YAY! I also wanted to tell people about my moms weight loss website its, www.blicksjourney.com, check it out if any of you have time!

-Valerie

100percentME
03-19-2007, 06:03 PM
hello again everyone! I hope everyones week is going good. I am really ebjoying my spring break from school. I cant believe this school year is almost over,
I have 7 weeks to loose a dress size. lol sounds impossible. I have a pair of jeans, i got them almost 2 years ago, and i really want to be able to fit into them again. So that is my goal. Cuz they are really cute pants, lol.
What are yalls current goals?? How is the weight loss going??
Hope everyone is doing good. Have fun in school!!!:dizzy:

bubblebug12
03-21-2007, 01:19 AM
Hey, I have a shirt that I bought last year that I have hanging in my closet and I look at it everyday for inspiration, it helps. This week im not doing so good... the scale is staying pretty much the same, but I guess some weeks are like that.

-Valerie

Gamerchick
03-22-2007, 04:31 AM
I always gain back what I lose because I worry waaaay too much about weight loss/cals/foods/times/anything. So I get tired of it and eat food to relieve myself of these thoughts although it's completely counter-productive.

So today I cleared my computer of journals/blogs. And I'm not going to record calories anymore or write anything. I'm just not going to worry. I'm going to do a 1 year plan where I don't change anything I do no matter what anyone says, even me. It's just 3 meals a day that don't exceed 400 cals per meal and to weight on the first of each month.

Good lucky to everyone!

gentlebutterfly
03-22-2007, 04:14 PM
Hey I'm Karen! I just wanted to say hello! And to ask for support. I'm 13 and was recently in for blood testing and thank the Lord I tested negative for Diabetes, but they said I have an Insulin handling problem. It's so odd they said I'm perfectly healthy and then they told me this. I'm homeschooled so I'm ALWAYS tempted to eat! I'm 5'6 and 260lbs and I really would like to get to 140. I am being forced by my parents to spend 2 weeks in Arizona with my grandparents where I'm planning on walking with my grandpa every morning. But how can I control myself when we go out to eat? I drink alot of pop and very little water! How can I change this? I started logging my foods today and noticed I ate 1800 cals before 1pm! Please any support is appreciated :)

100percentME
03-23-2007, 05:11 PM
HEY KAREN!!! Its super great to meet cha! :wave:
This is a great place to come for support. I hope you find a lot of encouragement here. Loosing weight is really hard. I hope to get to know you better!
~HaiLeY~

Where in Az do your grandparents live??

Gamerchick-ignoring calories is really hard if you have been focused on them for a while. I used to be totally calorie obsessed, but i have recently stopped counting calories. I have been trying to listen to my body, and only eat when i am hungry, its REALLY hard though. Which is why i just ate a box of raisons even though i am NOT hungry lol
Good luck in your 1 year plan. I dont know if id be able to do something like that...3 meals a day. lol But i hope it goes good. Be sure to keep us updated about your progress!
Valerie-Hey how are things going?? How is the weather over there is South Carolina?? lol it rained all night over here How is weight watchers going??
Beyaonca- Hi, i hope things are going good!!!!

Hope everyone is doing fabulous!
~HaiLeY~

bubblebug12
03-24-2007, 02:02 AM
Hey! Yeah it is hot here in SC... I miss the NY weather lol but the nice weather helps with the weight loss bacause I can go out for walks, play tennis, etc. Weight Watchers is going great! This week I only lost .8 lbs... but thats better than nothing. Welcome Karen! I also have a problem with soda, I love it lol, but what ive done is allow myself 8oz. a day at most and the rest of the day drink only water. I used to drink quite a bit of it before going on a diet so I need to get myself away from it slowly. Im also homeschooled, but I just started this year after I moved and I do find it harder to keep away from snacking during the day than when I went to public school. Talk soon!

-Valerie

gentlebutterfly
03-24-2007, 03:07 AM
100percentme- They live in Pheonix! I so don't wanna go but everyones like "Oh man! You are so lucky!" am I missing part of the picture here?

Karen

SpeakYourMind
03-24-2007, 08:19 AM
Hey everyone! I'm Ann, and I'm 17 from Nova Scotia, Canada. :)

I'm just under 5'2, and roughly 125 last time I checked. But although a lot of that is muscle, there's still a bit of pudge on my stomach I'd like to get rid of. xD And I'd like to get back into my habit of eating right. I tend to sink into the mind set that, 'Oh! One cookie won't hurt me.' And then it turns into 2, or I don't make up for it later in the day. Or eating when I'm not hungry, just because it's there.
I do have a gym membership, and I try to go as often as possible. I'm in a ton of things though, so sometimes it's difficult. But I'm going to work on that as well.

So basically, I have some things to work on, and it'd be nice to have people kick me and tell me to stay on track. :) Good luck to everyone else as well.

100percentME
03-24-2007, 06:05 PM
Welcome Ann!!!
Nova Scotia, thats so cool! Im over in the southwestern United States.
I undrestand about the eating thing. I do that too. Like last night i was at a friends house, and there was a bowl of pretzels and i ate liike the whole bowl cuz "they are only pretzels they cant do any harm" lol sometimes i amaze myself, doing the same mistakes over and over
But anyway, welcome to the site. I hope you find tons of support and encouragement.

SpeakYourMind
03-25-2007, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the welcome. :) I've been on the site for ages, but I tend to lurk more than I post. Which should be on my list of things to change as well.

I find that's definitely one of the hardest things to overcome, when there's food right in front of you and you're trying to resist it. Then you have one, because "one won't hurt me, right?" and then you just keep eating with the same mindset. Or when everyone around you is eating, and you've finished/don't have anything/etc.

So I've got to develop some major willpower, lol. :)

Dolphinditto
03-26-2007, 07:32 PM
Hi

I just got back the on website after a year. Happy to c teen chat here. I'm 13 yrs old. Well write more later just wanted to say waz ^

TTLY

100percentME
03-26-2007, 08:06 PM
nice to meet cha dolphinditto. Glad you are back to the site!

Speakyourmind-you should definalty post more! We love to hear from you!

Well, i hope everyone's day is going uber awesome. Mine is going okay. I haven't eaten any junk today. and i exercised. I was going to go to the gym, but i wasnt ready so my sisters left without me (sisters, what can you do *shrug*) so i ran 2 miles on the treadmill instead.
So, i hope everyone is doing amazing. Today was my first day back to school from spring break. How is school going for ya'll?? What grade are you in?? Im a sophmore. Only nine more weeks and im a junior!! Then only *sighs* 2 more lloooonnnnggg years and no more highschool. oh well. i dont mind school so much, i just dont like the work and the getting up early. lol how pathetic does that sound.
anyway ttyl
~HaiLeY~

bubblebug12
03-26-2007, 11:32 PM
Welcome Dolphinditto and SpeakYourMind! Hope you guys get all the willpower you need here on this site! It sure is helping me!

-Valerie

tweetybazan
03-26-2007, 11:53 PM
Hey everybody,
Im Erica, I'm 17 and i just thought i would join to see if this would help me in my weight loss. I am currently 5'8'', 162lbs. and i am hoping to get down to at least 135. Since the New Year started, i haven't really had soda, and i've been trying to up the exercise. I do jazzercise about 4 times a week and try to run or do our ab lounge the other days. I have only lost about one pound and that is depending on the day. I really want to see more results, do yall know any methods that have worked well for yall? I need to get down to 150 by May 25th. I put down for my graduation gown that i was 150 and so if i don't get down to that, my gown might fit a little tight and that is that i am worried about. thanks for the help!

~Erica

100percentME
03-27-2007, 06:58 PM
:welcome: Hey Erica!! Glad you could join us!!

Right now i am sooo fighting to not go downstairs and eat another granala bar. my mom bought this new kind today and i had one and it was sooo good:drool: I still have the taste of it in my mouth. So i think im going to go get something to drink but i dont want to go down there!!
I was going to go to the gym today, but my legs are aching so bad today. :blah: excueses excuses i know. My mom has this condition where her legs ache (kind of like restless leg syndrome, if you've seen that commercial) and she thinks i have it too. But my legs just ache today. So thats my excuse for now *blushes and hides face in shame* lol
so ill talk to yall later!

oh, and this is totally random, but i was looking through the smilies for one who looks ashamed (i didnt find one) but i saw these little guys and i started laughing. lol arent they hysterical?!?!?:boxing:

summerlove
03-27-2007, 07:07 PM
Hi, I'm Kristi, and I'm 15 years old. I live over in Western Canada. :)

100percentME
03-31-2007, 01:43 AM
Hey Kristi! Welcome to our site!

Hope everyone is doing good. I just got home from babysitting. It was so nice cuz the boys went to bed between 7 and 8 (there are 4 of them, i babysit with my sister) and so we had 2 hours to hang out. Easiest babysitting in the world.
My dad is visiting again (he is in the military and has been gone for a few months) and every time he visits, or comes home i gain several pounds. Last time he visited i gained 10 pounds, so i was at 160. I am at 158 now, but i know that wont be true tomorrow morning. UHH why do i continuously sabotage all of my efforts!!!
Well, wish me luck. My dad is leaving on monday. Hopefully i wont cause too much damage. lol
~HaiLeY~

bubblebug12
04-05-2007, 12:41 AM
Hey everyone! How are all your diets going? Hope all is well!

-Valerie

Yummy
04-10-2007, 07:53 AM
Hey guys I'm new here (as you can see with my post count) I'm 16 (almost 17) My mom dad and brother are all obese and I'm hoping that I can inspire them to lose weight too. :) (As you can also tell, I like using parentheses)

~Sara

100percentME
04-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Hey. its so great to meet you. Im the same height as you, but i would kill to be your weight! Im at 158 right now (which is where you started). Can you tell me how you lost the weight? Also, what size pants do you where/did you wear when you were 158?
I hope you find a ton of supprt here. If you are ever in need we will be here to help!
~HaiLeY~

SilverIris
04-13-2007, 09:14 AM
Heya,

I'm 18...so a bit older than you guys, but good on ya for trying really hard! I guess I don't really have a place. Too young for the 20's thread, too old for here.

Argh, I dunno. Anyway I live in an apartment with two girls who DONT STOP EATING! And I find it really hard, so i decided to start a blog and stuff so that I would be able to get outside motivation! But I'm at home with my parents at the moment so I'm far away from my gym and my beloved running shoes! Argh!

You guys all seem to be doing super! When I was your age I was 167 pounds, then went down to 145 and am now hanging around 150...I want to be about 125 by the end of the year! I want a flat stomach!

Anyway, just to constibute, I thought I'd post my fave motivational quotes:

the different between want and need is self control.

dont give up on what you want most, for what you want now

a minute on the lips, a lifetime on the hips

nothing tastes as good as slim feels

You can't taste slimness, you can feel it.

Dont eat THAT and you won't get FAT

If you want it you'll find a way, if you don't you'll find an excuse

100percentME
04-14-2007, 06:45 PM
Hey SilverIris. You are more than welcome to hang out with us. I understand about people who always eat. Most of my friends are really thin, so they just eat and eat and eat and dont gain a pound, whereas i eat a chip and gain 5!! lol sry bout the exageration, its frustrating tho.

I like your quotes, they are really good.
~HaiLeY~

SilverIris
04-14-2007, 09:16 PM
Haha you just wait though! Most of those girls....will start to get fat around when they turn 18, lots of girls I knew did....

Yea i't sucks and it's so hard to say no, when someones like "oh im going to buy chocolate, do you want to come?" and then you think of your fave chocolate bar and you say "yes! I would love to!" And then I normally figure I've already ruined my days eating, so eat like a million more things.

*Sigh*

What sort of things do you use to motivate you? Like for me I want to look good in my bikini this summer..

bubblebug12
04-14-2007, 09:56 PM
To help motivate me I look at old home videos and pictures and I DO NOT ever want to be like that again. I also have a pair of capris that I want to fit in by the summer so I look at those every morning. Reading the forums here at 3fatchicks helps alot too! I love to look at the success stories!

100percentME
04-18-2007, 10:49 PM
I have a pair of pants that i could fit in at the beginning of 9th grade. My goal is to be able to fit into them by the beginning of 11th. (Im in 10th grade right now.) I can get into them, and i can button them, but they are really tight and my stomache kind of buidges over the sides. So they are my motivation. I try them on almost every day. I havent made any progress in them in a few months, but im still going.
Right now i wear a size 12 pants. I want to be a size 10. Eventually i would love love love to be an 8.

bubblebug12
04-20-2007, 02:16 PM
At the moment im a size 14, but they are getting pretty big so im pretty sure I can get into a 12. Does anyone know about how many pounds it takes to get down another size?

SilverIris
04-21-2007, 02:06 AM
To get down a size? Ummm... well....I think I may be able to help?

When I was about 76 Kilo's I was a size 12...
At 72 I'm a 10.....
at 67 I'm an 8.....

So that seems so be about 4 to 5Kilo's? Which in pounds is..8 to 11 pounds..

However, that is just my experience! :D

Brittney2007
04-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Hello I'm brittney. I'm 18. I've always been overweight, and I try to loose it, but always fall through. I'm going to college in the fall so I reeealy want a change. So, yeah, that's why I'm here. =]

bubblebug12
04-30-2007, 11:03 PM
Hey guys, sorry I havent been here in awhile, things have been kinda busy. Anyway, welcome Brittney2007! Im glad this group is still growing! Im sad to say my weight has pretty much stayed the same. :( but I hope to exercise a little more to get out of this rut. Talk soon!

-Valerie

veganchick
05-05-2007, 10:03 PM
hi my name is Rachael im 16 um ive had a eating disorder for as long as i can remember... i was suffering from anorexia for about 4 years... and thats when i gained it all back... to a whopping 190 pounds, and now im trying to loose everything the right way... i still have a poor body image, well worse than when i was anorexic... mainly one thing that i took to heart, that destroyed me.. anyways im doing well, i could be better. this is my first day on this site and it has encouraged me to try hard with my weight loss... wish me luck:P
xxx

100percentME
05-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Hey Rachael! Its great to meet you.

So, how is everyone doing? Personally, i am doing terribly as far as weight loss goes. But if we are talking about weight gain im doing awesome! lol im just kidding. Ive been kind of upset becuase...ok here is the story.
i have never had a regular period. So 2 years ago i was put on birth control, stortly after that i gained 15 pounds. Well, the pills werent working, i was still irregular and so i stopped taking them. That summer yay i lost 16 pounds! I started up a new brand of birth controls 3 months ago (cuz i hadnt had a period for a year, which is when i stopped the old ones). Well, over the past 3 months i have gained 20 pounds.
At first i didnt connect my weight fluctuations to the pills, but it makes total sense. My mom thinks that i am just making up excuses for my weight gain. She is naturally skinny and i can tell by the way that she looks at me that she HATES the fact that i am fat. So, i am going to stop taking my pills after this month. I dont care what my mom says. Does that sound stupid? Im just really frustrated with this.

~Hailey~

bubblebug12
05-21-2007, 02:47 AM
Yeah, I have heard that birth control pills make you gain weight sometimes. :( Im sorry to hear your having trouble. I agree, I know alot of people who are naturally skinny and they just dont understand. My cousin is 100lbs and eats more than I do! Its not fair. Well my diet is going better. For the past 2-3 weeks Ive been slacking and I gained back 5 pounds and was up to 164 again. But I got back into the swing of things in the past few days and now im at 157. :) Hope to hear from everyone soon!

-Valerie

100percentME
06-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Hey! How are yall doing? I hope good. I have lost 6 pounds the past 2 weeks, since stopping my birth control, and my spirits are definatly improved. Im working hard at not overeating, but its hard.
I hope everyone is doing good.
~HaiLeY~

Lose25
06-01-2007, 07:45 PM
HEy all...Well iam back..I would like to welcome everyone..i guess i havent been here in a long time..So far on my Progress I havent lost anything more than the 5lbs.. i have started again and i havent weighed my self.. SO how is everyones progress going?? How much weight have you all lost? and what are you plans and goals for the summer? I think we should have a little challenge..Maybe to lose 5lbs by june? And 10 By july?

XO KEE

Lose25
06-01-2007, 07:49 PM
OH i Just Saw SilverIris HEY SWEET I AM 18 TOo!! andi have about the same goals as you!! alsmost i want to be 125...

100percentME
06-02-2007, 09:51 PM
Hey Lose 25! Nice to see ya again.
I have had a lot of ups and downs the past couple of months. I am at about 160 right now, but since i stopped birth control the weight should come off easier. My goal is to be 150 by July, which is where i was at before starting birth control (which caused me to gain 20 lbs). For the month of July id like to lose another 10 pounds. Which i think i can do because i will be very active during that month.
I was looking through old pictures today, and i am super motivated to lose weight. Ive been the same height since 5th grade. Cept in the 5th grade i weighed 115. 6-8th grade i weighed between 120-135ish. Now, at the same height, i am 160. I know i cant get back down to 115 because im more developed and curvy than i was back then, but i would love to be that 135 again. And i know i can do it to. I want to be that weight by Christmas.
Goals
June: lose 10 pounds (150)
July: lose 5-10 pounds (140-145)
Augest-November: lose 5-10 pounds (135)
I hope that i can do this.
Lose 25, im totally up for your challenge. I am a competetive person, so competitions and challenges motivate me a lot. Anyone else up for the challenge? Lose 5 pounds by June, 10 by July.
Count me in.

bubblebug12
06-04-2007, 12:30 AM
Hey everyone! Im glad everyone seems to be doing well! My total lost as of this moment is 33 pounds, I never though I would be able to get this far, but it just proves to me that im going to be able to go all the way and get to where I want to be. As for the competition I am totally in. I love competition and I feel it really helps me and I need all the help I can get. I would love to get under 150 by my 16th birthday (July 2nd).

-Valerie

Lose25
06-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Hey you guys...Well i am really disappointed in my self actually i mean i stared in feb and i still only have lost 5lbs.. i fall off the wagon way too easy..Anyways I am up for that challenge as well.. I do want to lose 10 lbs bu july 7th.. Which is when my birthday is..But sometimes i really feel like i wil never lose this weight!....Anyways i was wondering how long did it take you guys to lose that much weight... and what diets are you guys on.. ANd ALSO how when do you all want to reach your goals

XOX KEE

bubblebug12
06-06-2007, 10:56 PM
Hey Lose25, dont worry about losing only 5 pounds once you have the right mindset the fallbacks will come less and less and the weight will come off faster. I started January 13th and have lost 34 pounds as of this moment BUT I did have a 3 week binge last month that gave me alittle setback. So I probably could have los about 40 pounds by now. For the first 20 pounds or so I followed Weight Watchers by I eventually got tired of tracking the points so recently I havent been following any diet, I have just been eating less than I used to which is not that hard because I get full pretty fast (I think my stomach shrunk). I would like to be at my goal of 130 by sometime in the end of August. What about everyone else?

-Valerie

Lose25
06-07-2007, 07:21 AM
Hey Bubblebug..Well 30 Pounds is awsome in less than 5 months! I did 5 lbs in about 4 which is a really long time! I have the same goal as well...Which is to be either 130 or 135 bye the end of august. I havent weighed my self yet..But hopefully on tuesday i get to do that. I just joined Tops so that i wont get discouraged and i will be starting that next tuesday so hopefully that works out. Anyways how is everyone doing so far?

XX Kee

tweetyandme
06-10-2007, 06:44 PM
Hello, I'm Krissie. I am 18, and i need to lose some weight. I guess it's not a good time to try to lose weight since i am pregnant. I joined this site before i became pregnant of couse. I need to just focus on eating foods that wont make me gain a thousand pounds! Hi everyone!!!!!!!!

Lose25
06-11-2007, 12:09 AM
HEY KRISSY and welcome! Its seems like you were doing great by losing 28 lbs! Way to go. And welcome Again...So how is everyone doing anyways?

XOXO KEE

freeqeegrl
06-11-2007, 12:29 AM
hello ladies , im a little to old for this chat , but i wanted to stop by and wish all of you guys luck on your weight loss adventures! i dont know you but im proud of you. i wish i had decided to take control of my weight when i was younger. it would have saved me so much heartbreak :) but im doing it now. is you guys ever need someone to vent too or talk too or just have any questions. send me a pm :) or im me at lilchickvicious :) i'd love to help. life's tough when your not happy with how you look. so get a move on it or you'll end up 21 and still dwelling! lots of love - freeqeegrl

Lose25
06-11-2007, 09:46 AM
HEy FREEQGIRL...Thanks a lot its sure appreciated..and if you need to vent then you can come here any time!... And good luck on your losses too

X-Kee-X

subLIME
06-15-2007, 06:00 PM
Hey guys. :D
I'm Beth - another teenager who hopes to lose some weight with 3FC's support.
My plan is to cut out 6 more pounds of fat. Than bulk up on muscle.
My ultimate goal is to have 15% body fat instead of the 20% that I have now.
I'm the youngest of 2 kids in my family, and a sophomore in high school (15 years young. )
I'm currently battling a heart condition and trying to find my limits in exercise and basketball. <- the main sport I participate in
School's out, so I hope to accomplish my goal by the end of August. (or at least get close to it)
According Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle book that I own, you can cut out .5% body fat a week if your really serious about it.
Which I am.
So, that's my introduction. XD Can you notice that I suck at them?
Hope I can meet you all.

Lose25
06-16-2007, 07:49 PM
Hey Beth And welcome! I hope you find this site useful..

X-KEE-X

100percentME
06-16-2007, 07:50 PM
Hey everyone! Hows it going? Im doing oksy, still struggling to lose the weight that i had gained. Im sitting at 160-162 right now. But i feel like im doing okay.
Ive been playing DDR, and man is that a hard game. I played for like 2 hours today. Its a pretty good workout, especially sense i play it because its fun!
Well, i hope everyone is doing good.

tweetyandme, freeqeegrl, and subLIME
WELCOME!

subLIME
06-19-2007, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys. :)
DDR is a really great game to shed pounds/calories while having fun.
It is a little hard to begin with, 100percent - but mine has a workout step thing that keeps off the 8th notes. Because, well, let's just say it's an option for uncoordinated people. xD Your game might have it too. I have DDR MAX 2.

SpeakYourMind
06-19-2007, 06:30 PM
Oh my.. I've been so busy the last month that I haven't even visited the site, let alone the thread! I don't think my weight has changed much, if any. I'm excited for my last exam tomorrow, simply because it means I'll have so much more time on my hands that I can spend biking, walking, running, and just plain being active!

I hope you all have been doing good. :) Hailey, I really would not mind stopping my birth control for the weightloss if I didn't get cramps from ****. :( I take them continuously to prevent having a period, because my time of the month was usually spent in the hospital in intense pain. On the plus side, I don't suffer from monthly bloating, which is nice! LOL :)

summerlove
06-22-2007, 12:42 AM
Hi guys :)

Meh...my weightloss hasn't really gone anywhere at all. I feel gross, but I'm trying again. Hope everything is going well for you guys!

100percentME
06-23-2007, 09:24 PM
hey you guys. I am doing HORRIBLE:stress:
after stopping my birth control i lost 9 pounds, but ive gained most of it back!!! i dont know why!:shrug: im having a terrible time, ive eaten way too much today because after getting on the scale this morning i was so upset! :sorry:Its terrible that i turn to food for comfort, and i really shouldnt, but its so hard not to. So right now i am sitting at about 165. I remember after i had lost some weight last summer i was 150 and i was so upset that i weighed that much. Now i would LOVE to see 150 on the scale.:^:
I have a question: what are yall diets like? What do you eat? How much?

:write:My new goals for the end of each month:
june 30th: 160:lifter:
july 31st: 153:ebike:
august 30th: 145:boxing:
september 30th: 140:exercise:
october 31st: 135:trampo:
november 30th: 132:running:
december 31st: 131:swim:
january 13th (my b-day): 130:celebrate:

Do you think this is realistic and acheivable?

Lose25
06-23-2007, 09:39 PM
HEy All...Hailey i am sorry you having a bad time..But believe me i messes up too..Big Time.. I have ate nothing for the past week except pizza and dipping sauces and diet coke... I feel horrible..I think my problem is i dont have time to go on a diet.. I work too much and do way more... and so its hard.. Losing weight is like a second job... It needs serious commitment.. I was thinking of quiting my job this summer and just work on losing weight..but i am too much of a workaholic to do that...so anways i am just trying my best.. I moved in with one of my freinds in friday and so were trying to do this together.. anyways for dieting.. i dont follow anything.. i just do my own thing.....How is everyone doing so doing so far? I hope your all doing well...

X-Kee-X

summerlove
06-25-2007, 01:33 AM
hey you guys. I am doing HORRIBLE:stress:
after stopping my birth control i lost 9 pounds, but ive gained most of it back!!! i dont know why!:shrug: im having a terrible time, ive eaten way too much today because after getting on the scale this morning i was so upset! :sorry:Its terrible that i turn to food for comfort, and i really shouldnt, but its so hard not to. So right now i am sitting at about 165. I remember after i had lost some weight last summer i was 150 and i was so upset that i weighed that much. Now i would LOVE to see 150 on the scale.:^:
I have a question: what are yall diets like? What do you eat? How much?

:write:My new goals for the end of each month:
june 30th: 160:lifter:
july 31st: 153:ebike:
august 30th: 145:boxing:
september 30th: 140:exercise:
october 31st: 135:trampo:
november 30th: 132:running:
december 31st: 131:swim:
january 13th (my b-day): 130:celebrate:

Do you think this is realistic and acheivable?

35 pounds in 6 months is pretty attainable, that's about 6 pounds a month, so you need to stay pretty consistent. Hope it works out :hug: Stay strong

bubblebug12
07-05-2007, 11:13 PM
Hey, just checking in on how everyone is doing, I hope all is well!

-Valerie

Lose25
07-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Hey everyone..WELL I AM ABSOLUTLEY SHOCKED!!..I just joined weight watchers yesterday and weighed my self... I WAS 145 pounds!!! I was Shocked... The last time i weighed i was about 155 which means since feb i have lost 10 lbs!!....But the thing is I Dont Feel OR LOOK like as if i lost anything at all!! Has Anyone ever felt this way???..but what i am wondering about is that the scale there wasnt a doctor scale and thats the ones i am used to using...anyways this weight loss just motivated me to do more.. and i wish everyone luck as well...HOw are you all doing so far?

Xox KEE

100percentME
07-26-2007, 07:14 PM
hey everyone. i started up a new thread, i figured this one is getting a little old. Here is the new link.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1791652#post1791652