Does it Work? - David Kirsch's Ultimate New York Body Plan

Veerie
01-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Has anyone tried this? I like the regimented, boot-camp approach, but I'm not so sure about the supplements they recommend. Any thoughts?

sportmom
01-28-2007, 10:44 PM
I got this book a couple of years ago from the library, but after reading it, it just seemed really really intense and more than I would be able to cope with at my starting weight. It seemed a Hollywood/celebrity type quick start plan. I guess that's the point of bootcamp, but it just wasn't my speed I guess. Good luck if you go forward with it tho!

Serena A
02-06-2007, 08:30 AM
I bought just the book (not the dvd) and did the plan last summer, I didn't use protein shakes or supplements other than a standard multivitamin & mineral pill. I exercised every day but did the pre-program version in the book rather than the really tough version. I was pretty strict with the food though and didn't cheat at all.

Anyway, in 2 weeks I lost 13lbs (going from 188 lbs to 175lbs) - normally over that period of time I'd lose around 6-8 lbs in the first 2 weeks of dieting by following calorie counting/exercise 3-4 times per week. I also found that the weight didn't go straight back on when I returned to normal calorie counting afterwards (although I've put it back on since!).

If you want to give yourself a boost then I'd recommend the plan but only if you're willing to stick with it religiously - if you think you'll cheat then don't bother.

Hope this helps!