Weight Loss Support - Stupid boobs...

View Full Version : Stupid boobs...

improbable
01-26-2007, 02:18 PM
I know this may seem silly to people but I'm feeling REALLY down right now about my boobs post weight loss. They were always my best feature, even when I hated the rest of my body I always had great breasts... 36DDs. Since I've lost weight, they're down to smaller Ds and sagging quite a lot, what seems like an unreasonable amount for a 19 year old. Its like they deflated, which I guess they did, and now the ONE part of my body I always felt good about is making me even more self conscious. Its made even worse by the fact that my mother has better boobs than I do now (big perky 38C), after breastfeeding two kids! Have any of you guys been through this kind of thing and either had it get better or learned to feel better about it? I recognize that this is a stupid thing to worry about but it has really been upsetting me in the last few weeks. Help guys?

Beach Patrol
01-26-2007, 02:54 PM
It is NOT a "stupid thing" to worry about - being self-conscious of one's body is part of our humanness.

I was so self-conscious of my itty-bitties that I spent $5k to get some bigger ones! :eek: :lol:

I don't really think you've "shrank" or whatever THAT MUCH, but is entirely possible that you could use a breast LIFT (much different than an actual boob job). Being 19 has nothing to do with it - apparently your weight gain added extra weight to your boobs as well - now of course they are "out of shape." SO while it's hard to exercise a boob into shape (you can work your pecs, but that won't do the trick!) - you can consider a breast lift. Talk to a plastic surgeon. OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE! :hug:

cbmare
01-26-2007, 03:01 PM
I totally understand your frustration. I'm convinced that "the girls" have an agenda of their own. Mine are still where they are supposed to be, but insist on staring at my feet!

Beach, I've considered a "tuck". What kind of scars does that leave? I don't want anything added or taken away. I'd just like the headlights to aim forward.

Beach Patrol
01-26-2007, 03:08 PM
I totally understand your frustration. I'm convinced that "the girls" have an agenda of their own. Mine are still where they are supposed to be, but insist on staring at my feet!

Beach, I've considered a "tuck". What kind of scars does that leave? I don't want anything added or taken away. I'd just like the headlights to aim forward.

So you mean... you would like a breast lift? ("Tuck" usually refers to a tummy tuck, that's why I ask!) - I am not sure of the scarring of a breast lift. I didn't have a lift, just a "job" - & my scars are practically invisible. I have a friend who had a lift, & she LOVES the results - she was going to have a job AND a lift, but the doctor told her she didn't really need "a job" - just a lift - and she is really ecstatic with her results... (I haven't seen her boobies, tho, so I can't comment on her scars... :lol: )

Do a google! Especially an "image" google... That's a really good way to find a LOT of information!

Cheryl14
01-26-2007, 03:15 PM
First, I want to congratulate you on your 50 lb. weight loss! That's FANTASTIC!!!!:carrot:

I'm sorry that your breasts aren't what you want them to be, but maybe the reduced tissue is helping to make you more proportioned now that you have lost so much weight. There are MANY, MANY bras out there that do wonders for us full-figured gals, so maybe have a fun shopping spree for undies some day soon to get you feeling better about everything.

I wear a minimizer bra (38DD) because I think clothes look so much better on me when I'm not protruding so much. Check out all the sexy undies and feel good about all you have accomplished in your weight loss!

Cheryl

cbmare
01-26-2007, 03:22 PM
So you mean... you would like a breast lift? ("Tuck" usually refers to a tummy tuck, that's why I ask!) - I am not sure of the scarring of a breast lift. I didn't have a lift, just a "job" - & my scars are practically invisible. I have a friend who had a lift, & she LOVES the results - she was going to have a job AND a lift, but the doctor told her she didn't really need "a job" - just a lift - and she is really ecstatic with her results... (I haven't seen her boobies, tho, so I can't comment on her scars... :lol: )

Do a google! Especially an "image" google... That's a really good way to find a LOT of information!

:rofl: :frypan: I guess I deserve that frying pan. :D Yes, I meant a "lift". I think I was thinking that I wanted them tucked up. Duh. Thanks for giving me a laugh at myself.

Meg
01-26-2007, 03:27 PM
The boobs after weight loss. Sigh. A lot of us seem to lose from the one place we want to keep the fat. :hug:

We talked about boobs (and loss thereof) and weight loss in Maintainers recently - you might want to check it out: After weight loss breast augmentation (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85015)

Mare, I had a lift and augmentation ... my scars are pretty much invisible. My doctor did what's called an anchor cut - in the crease underneath (completely invisible), around the edge of the areola (completely invisible), and a line connecting the two that's faded and you really can't see at all.

I could flash my boobs a la Girls Gone Wild and no one would ever know I had a lift. Not that I ever would, of course!!! :lol:

boaterswife
01-26-2007, 03:38 PM
What a perfect topic, you must have been reading my mind!! Mine are also deflated, droopy and staring at the floor. Totally bums me out! I have to look at the overall picture, though.....the rest of me is much better than it was! A lift (or tuck!) might need to be part of my future as well!

Meg
01-26-2007, 03:51 PM
Breast Lift 4 You (http://www.breastlift4you.com/) is a great breast lift information site. If you're considering breast implants, its cousin Breast Implants 4 You (http://www.breastimplants4you.com/) also has a lot of useful info.

midwife
01-26-2007, 04:19 PM
Just keep in mind that some surgeons will ask about your future breastfeeding plans, and other won't, but watch that cutting around the areola...Though I am guessing Meg was all done with that by then! ;)
You can all resume your regularly scheduled programs now.

Meg
01-26-2007, 04:20 PM
:rofl: Oh yeah, they put in their years of service. Good ole Righty and Lefty. They deserved a little help in their retirement years. :D

ennay
01-26-2007, 04:23 PM
thats what I was going to say. At 19 I would wait awhile and see what they are going to be after they adjust. Some people cant nurse after a lift. And getting pg makes them saggy again even if you dont nurse.

I'm gonna do something to mine for my 40th. A lift or a lift/reduction.

And my mom nursed 4 kids, including me for 3 years and at 74 has relatively firm 38C's and I have floppy deflated pancake boobs.

improbable
01-26-2007, 04:30 PM
EXACTLY like pancakes. I guess I was really hoping there might be another option besides surgery, its so expensive and something about the idea of plastic surgery doesn't feel right to me, even knowing that its because of weight loss and not wanting to be a barbie doll. I have to say, I'm starting to wonder a little whether I want the last 10 pounds gone if its going to make me lose even more there. Weight loss is complicated!

ennay
01-26-2007, 04:43 PM
be patient --boobs are weird things. Just because they are floppy and pancake like now, doesnt mean they will stay that way. They are one part of our body that was designed to change size frequently.

I know several women who's boobs were awful after they stopped nursing and a couple years later they had recovered. Thats one reason I wont do surgery before my 40th birthday. I'll be done nursing probably 18-24 months before that. Give them 2 years to do what they are gonna do and then see.

Work your pecs for support, wear good bras and give them some time.

alinnell
01-26-2007, 05:53 PM
I'm a huge fan of watching stuff on Discovery Health and recently I saw a show on the before/after of plastic surgery. This one woman, I felt sooooo sorry for her. After breastfeeding her kids (and she was fairly young--in her 40's at the most), her poor boobs hung all they way down to her waist. The doctors did a lift/implant (because she had the flat thing going on, too). It was amazing the transformation.

willmakeit
01-26-2007, 06:47 PM
I dont see why smaller boobs can be a problem. :?: Sagging, I can understand! Can u use some support bras like ipex to perk them up?

Women with smaller boobs actually have lesser chances of developing breast cancer (since smaller boobs=not too much/too extra estrogen)

For me, weight loss occurs on my face and boobs much earlier(where I dont need to lose than on my hips/thighs/lower abs (where i need to lose).

MariaMaria
01-26-2007, 07:06 PM
I dont see why smaller boobs can be a problem. Sagging, I can understand! Can u use some support bras like ipex to perk them up?

For some of us, the boobs balance the hips. Or maybe a great pair up top went along with too much weight everywhere else. Or maybe we want to look good naked.

Who am I to say that your body concerns are wrong?

lilybelle
01-26-2007, 07:25 PM
Thirteen yrs. ago , I lost about 90 lbs.( I eventually gained it all back). I was 33 yrs. old at the time. I worked out lifting weights and cardio both 5 or 6 nights a week. My body felt perfect all over except the boobs. They became very saggy. As I put the wt. back on, they actually looked fuller. It really bothered me that I wasn't happy with my boobs. If I could have afforded it at the time, I'd definitely had a lift.

This time with wt. loss my boobs are VERY saggy. I wear good support bras and no one can really tell. I look decent in clothes. Some of you describe yours as "pancakes. Mine look more like poached eggs under my armpits when I lie down. I have went from a 42DD to a 36 C bra, and that is with lots of padding. The top of mine are completely flat. If I didn't have other health issues with a poor immune system making scarring very likely, I'd love to have a lift with implants.

I wonder if I'm the only one that when DH is searching for my breasts, I have to lift my arms. LOL.

drake3272004
01-26-2007, 07:31 PM
I wonder if I'm the only one that when DH is searching for my breasts, I have to lift my arms. LOL.
Mine have always naturally split back towards my arm pits!!! SOOOOO annoying and even though I am a 38C, I have no cleavage because of it!

improbable
01-26-2007, 08:03 PM
My boobs still look great in clothes - and I actually was excited to go to a D, because it would be so much easier to buy bras! Its the sagging that was an unexpected problem. Hearing from all of you is making me feel a lot better - especially ennay's comment about them adjusting!

Spinymouse
01-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Wow. I am surprised to read that there are so many who are very displeased with their boobs. I hope it's not because of a false idea of what normal boobs are supposed to look like. I found this website
http://www.007b.com/breast_gallery.php
there's a huge variation in what is normal.

ennay
01-26-2007, 09:41 PM
spiny - no...its definitely not what I think "normal" looks like, its not even just about what my boobs LOOK like, although they dont help my looks.

I cant get clothes that fit properly unless they are a tent, I havent worn a button down shirt in years because I would have to get an XL to prevent gaping buttons. I dont wear dresses because the bottom half of my body is a size 10 and nothing below a 14 fits the top.

With a properly fitted bra my boobs still dominate my body. They stick out to the side so far they inhibit my arm motion

I can not comfortably do any exercise that involves lying on the stomach or supporting pressure on the chest (lying down hamstring curls, rows, etc.)

Without a bra...well, I dont even get up to eat breakfast on a lazy sunday without putting on a bra. It is so freaking uncomfortable that I put one on if my only planned activity is sitting on the couch.

Now that they are floppy, that is exactly what they do....flop--and sometimes painfully. I cant roll over in bed without rearranging the girls because I can literally squish one under my arm accidentally....I actually have to wear a bra for sex or they usually get hurt. (On the other hand I CAN nurse my baby while lying flat on my back and when I was having milk spoilage issues I was able to verify what breastmilk is supposed to taste like fresh from the source..teehee)

I get yeast infections under the boobs.

I run and I have tried EVERY sports bra out there and I have found great support, but I still get horrendous chafe even with bodyglide. I have scars from chafe.

I could go on, but I think I have hated my boobs long enough and when I can I will get surgery to make them livable.

drake3272004
01-26-2007, 10:28 PM
I get yeast infections under the boobs.

I run and I have tried EVERY sports bra out there and I have found great support, but I still get horrendous chafe even with bodyglide. I have scars from chafe.

Oh yeah, definetly not an image problem here either.........these are the two biggest problems!!! And because mine tend to go towards my arms, it's not just my breasts that chafe, my arms suffer too:dizzy:

improbable
01-26-2007, 11:23 PM
Its not all about image for me, but it is hard having one body part I was totally confident about turn on me. You get used to not having to think about things, at least I did. Anyway, I warned you all that it might be silly from the get go :)

Spinymouse
01-26-2007, 11:37 PM
Wow, I stand corrected! Ennay and Jackie and anyone else whose breast size causes physical problems - I am sorry because when I posted before I didn't see posts indicating such difficulties. And I admit that I can't relate because, Ennay, my top to bottom proportions are the opposite of yours! Improbable - I know what you mean when a part of your body turns on you. No, it's not a silly concern. I apologize again. I guess sometimes I express myself in a way that is not the best. I wish we could be less critical of our bodies, but if something hurts, or is causing problems of course we want to change it! I guess it is a paradox - to accept ourselves but at the same time to improve those things about ourselves which limit us from what we want to do.
jo

drake3272004
01-27-2007, 12:17 AM
Wow, I stand corrected! Ennay and Jackie and anyone else whose breast size causes physical problems - I am sorry because when I posted before I didn't see posts indicating such difficulties. And I admit that I can't relate because, Ennay, my top to bottom proportions are the opposite of yours! Improbable - I know what you mean when a part of your body turns on you. No, it's not a silly concern. I apologize again. I guess sometimes I express myself in a way that is not the best. I wish we could be less critical of our bodies, but if something hurts, or is causing problems of course we want to change it! I guess it is a paradox - to accept ourselves but at the same time to improve those things about ourselves which limit us from what we want to do.
jo
ahhhhh, don't worry about it, when I first posted I was talking about just cleavage!!!!!!!:D

improbable
01-27-2007, 12:36 AM
Don't apologize to me either - it is something I struggle with, as I consider myself a feminist and shouldn't judge my self worth by my sexual attractiveness - but striking a balance between wanting to look good for ME and wanting to look good so that I'll be desirable - or rather, to fit the mainstream idea of what is beautiful, or thin, or sexy - is a tough line to walk!

Spinymouse
01-27-2007, 01:23 AM
striking a balance between wanting to look good for ME and wanting to look good so that I'll be desirable - or rather, to fit the mainstream idea of what is beautiful, or thin, or sexy - is a tough line to walk!

Ah. I think I figured out when I was about 14 that I was never ever going to fit the mainstream idea of what was beautiful, or "cool" or sexy any other mainstream thing, so I made it my main hobby and interest to rebel against it. I even wore polyester pants in high school on purpose just because it was blatantly not cool. Now I'm 50 and still rebelling. Want to see my mismatched socks?:D
But I do understand what you mean when something you were once comfortable with about your body changes. The equivalent kinds of things have happened to me also. But as others have said if it is important to you there are things you can do about it. I just hope you are not judging yourself too harshly. We are so often our own worst critics.
jo

Spinymouse
01-27-2007, 01:37 AM
Speaking of Boobs ...
I am not sure if this is proper forum etiquette here to ask this on a forum that was asking a different question, or should I start a new thread.........but anyhow...
How do you find out what your cup size is anyway? I know the formula. I looked it up again to be sure. And honestly it really doesn't matter to me in a practical way because, even at 50 years of age and 50 pounds overweight, I still don't need to wear a bra. But I have been thinking about it. If I follow the formula I am a AA. But when I see pictures of what a AA breasted woman looks like, I don't look like that. I measure under my breasts, add 5 inches for the number size. Measure around the biggest part of my breasts, and it equals the band size. That's supposed to be a AA. But, the pictures I have seen of an AA look really different from me. I guess I don't need to worry about it but it's one of those things that, when I have the question in my head I am irked until I find the answer.

ennay
01-27-2007, 01:57 AM
No worries spiny!:D

redlight
01-27-2007, 02:20 AM
I wouldn't mind losing some of my boobs, I've lost some back fat but little in the actual boobs.

ennay
01-27-2007, 11:56 AM
spiny - dont rely on formulas..go to a specialty bra store and get fitted. the formulas dont really work, they are just a starting point. for most people adding 5 doesnt work, it's too much. you are probably at least an A :)