100 lb. Club - New Year Challenge

View Full Version : New Year Challenge

Jenniffer
10-17-2001, 01:29 PM
I thought it would be fun and interesting to set a challenge together. The New Year is 11 weeks away.
With the approaching holidays, our losses are sure to slow down and we will be challenged daily with parties, goodies, gifts, and our own baking.

Let's keep our own personal goals for Halloween and Thanksgiving..they will keep us focused and SO many of you all have already reached your goals (WOOHOO).

But together..let's try to battle the weight gain everyone else faces during this time of year.

11 lbs is a very fair amount in 11 weeks. I will keep track of the losses for the next 11 weeks for the New Year Challenge in addition to the Group Losses. If you would like to join the challenge, please post your start weight here and I will do the math off of the weekly weigh ins or you can send me a PM with your losses from this date till New Years Day.

100 LB Club New Year Challenge..11 lbs Lighter

Jennifer:
JacobsMommy:
PNG:
gbo:
1fralick:

Sandi
10-17-2001, 09:44 PM
I'm with ya Jennifer!! That would put me at a 50 lb. loss, what a way to ring in the new year. I am doing pretty good right now, but like you said, the holidays are fast approaching.

PNG 2
10-18-2001, 01:36 AM
I'll take you up on that one too...need to update my current weight though...I gained :-( back up to 332. I had an odd TOM though, two last month, then I started retaining water, and having PMS when it was time for it this month...weird...so hopefully as I get more water in, I'll drop these few pounds...

gbo
10-18-2001, 11:42 AM
I'm up for it. I will set my goal at 276 for New years. That's 30 lbs.
My weigh loss has been oddly slow for someone my weight. It is far from what I am accustumed to but as Long as I lose so what!
The old bod seems slow to respond this time but I am older and a lot less active so I am just delighted to be going down, even if it is by tooth and claw. Somewhere along the line it will kick in properly and until then....I will just enjoy the ride.

So 276 by New Years!!!!

1fralick
10-19-2001, 05:35 AM
This is a great idea.
I would love to be wearing a size 20 by then. I am a 22 on top and 22-24 on bottom right now depending on the cut. I am crrebtly 242# I would like to be less that 230# by then. somewhere in the 220's. SO count me in

sparrow
10-24-2001, 03:00 AM
Great Idea! These challenges help keep me going! My goal is to weigh 245 by New Years. Thats 13.25lbs.I also want to exerciseat least 3 times a week until then,I have been slacking off with that.
Starting Weight for New Years Challenge 258.25

335/258.25/245

veggie
10-24-2001, 08:59 AM
I always put 10 pounds on in December so I'm going to try and not do that this year hopefully.

My current weight is 242 pounds.

nasus40
10-24-2001, 02:28 PM
I never did say to count me in!!! so count me in on this i am at 178 right now!!!

boom184
10-24-2001, 11:42 PM
I am new to this message board but am up for this New Year challenge. I had already set a goal for my self of 25 lbs. by end of year but I would be happy with 11 also. I have lost 57 lbs. so far and need to lose alot more. I am at 250 right now and I weigh in on Mondays. Good Luck to everyone!!! :)

lucylost
10-25-2001, 03:44 AM
Hi all, I love challenges!

I am currently 251 lbs (a total loss of 39lbs!) and will set my goal at 240 for January 1st, 2002. I weigh in on Mondays.

Good luck to all! We CAN do it!

- Kim

SusanTaw
10-25-2001, 03:06 PM
Yes...count me in too...

I started dieting Dec 2000 at 379 lbs.

I'm now 311 lbs.

Hopefully 300 lbs by New Years!!!

nasus40
10-25-2001, 09:59 PM
Susan what a great job!!!

welcome boom!!!

1fralick
10-26-2001, 06:25 AM
Susan Taw

That is awesome. What a successful year!!!

Sandi
10-26-2001, 09:35 AM
Susan- What a great success you've had!!! I know you will just as well this next year!! Congratulations!

Jen
10-26-2001, 01:44 PM
I'm at 221 now so my New Year's goal is to get to 199. Haven't been that weight in several years, it would be nice to see the back of the 200's that's for sure.

1fralick
11-22-2001, 05:57 AM
bringing this up

lorelei1
11-24-2001, 06:17 PM
Thanks for letting me know there already was a thread for this topic! I swear I looked and didnt see one, sorry!

to restate, I have been away from this site and haven't lost or gained really pretty much staying the same-so my goal is to keep coming here and posting my progress! My goal is 40 pounds gone by New Years Day!! (so far 31.5)

lorelei
(313/281.5/273)new years goal

lorelei1
11-24-2001, 07:28 PM
Susan-wow! You have done so well!! :) :)
I just read the first page of this thread and had to congratulate you and of course everyone else here, too. A lot of us have lost good amounts of weight and should be proud of that!!

I also like what veggie said about usually gaining in December and this year her goal was to not gain! I really do want to lose atleast 8.5 by new years. 40 pounds sounds so great to me!!

In January last year my resolution was to lose weight and I have. I of course wanted to lose like 100 pounds but I am happy with 30+ pounds and want to lose atleast this much next year too. Eventually I will be a size Medium not a 2x!! ;)

lorelei
(313/281.5/273 new years goal)

1fralick
11-25-2001, 08:25 AM
Hi,
Just a weight loss update.
I started this challenge at 242# and now am at 235.5

A 6.5 # loss so far

2ANewMe
11-25-2001, 01:16 PM
Hi Girls

Just wanted to say Susan you are an inspiration for me!

Congratulations Pat on your loss!

I would love to give myself a challenge. I'm currently 338lbs and would like to just lose 5lbs by the New Year. Hopefully it'll happen!

barbygirl43
11-25-2001, 03:14 PM
Count Me in as well.
Although I would love to see 250 ringing in the new year, I know realistically I'm setting my goal at 260 (which will put be back where I was at before I fell off the wagon and got run over by the gain cart)
I'm currently at 278, so that's 18 pounds to lose in 5 weeks. I can do this and so can you!
Dawnyal

Mello1
11-25-2001, 08:21 PM
I restarted my program Nov. 3rd, and I am entering my fourth week. My main New Year's Challenge is to stay on plan to the end of the year. I may plan one Christmas luncheon with a few co-workers, but that's it. I turned down invitations to dine Thanksgiving and told them that it was because I needed to stay on plan and lose weight. I'm totally serious about this now after falling off the wagon and going over 300 pounds for the first time in my life. That was it for me, also my knees cannot take much more weight. Since restarting my program, my knees are doing better and so am I in general.

My weight loss goal for the next 5 weeks is to lose 8 pounds. I think that is realistic for me, accounting for my period. It's good to be back on track, I cannot tell you how happy I am to be doing this now!

P.S. -- Susan, I want to be like you when I grow up!

Mello1

308.4/299.4/150
':cool:'

nasus40
11-27-2001, 09:08 PM
GOSH it has been a few week since this was posted and i am only 2 lb closer to goal. ( i have put one of the 3 back on i am working on that.) so i am trying. I need a huge motivator. if i can only get to a size 12 and the same weight then i would not cry!!! (start at 178)

sparrow
11-28-2001, 01:48 AM
I started this challenge at 258.25.Monday at WI I was 235.75.My goal was to weigh 245 for the New Year's Challenge.YEAH!!:)
New Goals:Don't Gain and weigh 230 by New Years
335/235.75/230

lorelei1
12-02-2001, 07:03 PM
hello!
My weigh-in results show no progress! I guess it's a miracle I haven't gained considering all the stress in my life! I should tell you all that I am seperated from my husband and have been for four months now, so things are kind of crazy right now.
I need to get on the stick!! I still want to reach my goal of 273 which shouldn't be that hard if I just try.
Also I have a secret personal goal of getting to 200 by August which will be when we can file for divorce. We have to wait a year since we have a child. The reason I chose 200 is that's what I weighed when we got married.
So first things first, reaching my New Years Goal...

Lorelei
313/281/273 New Year goal

ps-Sparrow you've lost 100 pounds?? Wow! I am so impressed and inspired!! :)

Jen
12-05-2001, 08:53 AM
Way back when this thread was started I wanted to get under 200 which at this point is a 19lbs loss. That seem pretty unrealistic now when the new year is only 27 days away. I think I would like to reset my goal and try to lose 5 lbs. I think I could do that if I really stick to my exercising and watch my diet.

Jenniffer
12-05-2001, 04:00 PM
Since i have been MIA and in hiding trying to deal with this nightmare of a roller coaster they call life...I have not been updating nor keeping track of this challenge. I am sure we all know what we weighed when we decided to take this challenge....

At this point I just want to get through this month without a gain. At this point in my life...it will be a gift.

Congrats to all of the wonderful losses by now..

nasus40
12-07-2001, 02:21 PM
Just checking in to see how every one is doing for their challenge???

well this is my report.

i started at 178. i held steady for quite a while. I am finally seeing a whoosh and i am at 172. so i am down 6 lbs i have 7 more to go to reach my new year goal.

how are you doing???

if you are not doing anything that is ok. the need is to not see a gain. so concentrate on that.

gbo
12-07-2001, 05:30 PM
Darlin a roller coaster is just a ride to increase your circulation and charge you up! Look at it this way the worst thing in life is to spend day after day bored stiff. Now mind you I have had times when bored sounded like heaven but I have never been bored.
So when the going gets tough look for the blessings .Sugar you would be amazed at how many blessing we get to help us over the difficult times usually we are to busy over the negatives to even see or notice we are showered in blessing to get us through.
Hang Tough babe. This to shall pass.Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year! Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year
Pam

lorelei1
12-08-2001, 11:00 PM
I still haven't lost any weight-like I stated on the 5 day challenge I have been to three functions this week which had lots of food to eat and I have eaten too much. I am almost afraid to weigh in this week. I may have to change my goal to not gaining also... I am gonna try since we have three weeks till the new year. I'm not gonna beat myself up since losing 30 pounds is still good this year even if it's not how much I'd ideally like to lose.

lorelei

Mello1
12-09-2001, 02:58 PM
An update to my earlier message... I think I can make my goal! I put down 8 pounds by the new year and I have 3.2 pounds to go. It will be a challenge though, as I do plan to have some off program meals for the next three weeks. But I can do this!

Mello1

308.6/294.8/150

SusanTaw
12-10-2001, 02:43 PM
Good luck Mello 1.
You can do it!!:)

SusanTaw
12-10-2001, 03:01 PM
Dear Friends:
I was MIA for awhile. We got new computers at work and I guess
because we got updated, all old passwords were eliminated. Well,
anyway, it has taken me 3 weeks to get logged back into all my old
stomping grounds and haunts. What a mess, cause everytime I
requested a new password from a website, they would advise that
they already had someone by my username (SusanTaw) and that was
me!! And I didn't want to change my name. I still have some quirks
to work out on a few sites who wont acknowledge me.

My leg is a little bit better. I had the nerve block, but it didnt help.
The hematoma is still sitting on top of my knee cap. It hasnt dissolved.
So my whole knee is still purple and blue and swollen.
I've been put on some more anti-inflammatory drugs to reduce swelling
and inflammation , so I've zig-zagged up and down with the weight.
Gain 4 lbs...lose 2 lbs...lose 1 lb...gain 1 1/2 lbs...lose 2lbs...gain 1 lb
etc etc It's been a real roller coaster. So with all this up and down
yo-yo business, I'm only down one lbs since challenge started..
But the good part is I haven't given up...and with all the gains, I still
fought back and lost 8 lbs of gained weight :dizzy: :dizzy:

Have a good week everyone .

nasus40
12-11-2001, 08:46 PM
Susan you must have been hearing me. I was just wondering about you and how you were doing. I was going to post a hi note to see if you were going to see it. I am sorry about your legs i am glad that it is not worse. but you are doing great holding the weight down. great job!!!

lorelei1
12-11-2001, 08:57 PM
Mello-you are doing great! Wouldnt it be wonderful to meet your goal early and lose even more when the rest of the world is gaining weight now?? Heck even if you maintain your goal through the holidays that's almost a miracle! ;)

Seeing what you wrote has inspired me. I want to lose, of course, but haven't been putting in the effort so I am just maintaining-I would really like to lose some more before the end of the year. I started out in the 300's too, and I am so glad to be away from them! Good luck and I look forward to seeing your progress here!

~lorelei~
313/281/273 New Years Goal
160 ultimate goal!!

SusanTaw
12-12-2001, 01:12 PM
Hi everyone.
Yesterday, Dec 11th, was 3 month anniversary of Sept 11th tragedy.
Here in New York, there were a number of memorial services.
Last week was 60th anniversary of Pearl Harbor and a lot of TV stations
has special memorial shows to commorate the date. I was watching one
show sponsored by National Geographic and they mentioned over 2,000
servicemen were killed that day in Hawaii. I cried several times during the
show. And then thought...50 or 60 years from now our decendents will be
watching a special show to commorate Sept 11th...and they will cry too.

Sue, thanks for thinking of me...I must of got your 'vibes'.
You are doing great too.....you have a lot to be proud of.
Keep up the great work...you definitely will make goal.

Take care everyone.

lorelei1
12-15-2001, 12:31 AM
After being at a stand still for the past few weeks, the scale went down one pound. This is due to me being more "on track" in the past couple of days. I have a hard weekend coming up--two family parties!! I will do my best and not over-do it.

lorelei
new stats!
313/280(finally)/273 New Year's day goal

ps-where is everyone? I hope everyone else has even better losses to report!

Mello1
12-15-2001, 04:07 PM
:D

Update to New Year's Challenge:

I had 3 pounds to go before the end of the year. This week, I'm down another 2.4 pounds, sooooooo----

That leaves .6 pounds to go in two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woo HOO!!!

I'm managing my weight even through the holiday season. I do plan to host a Christmas luncheon, but I have my battle plan all lined up.

I think I can!

308.6/292.4/291.8 (NY's goal)/150

lorelei1
12-17-2001, 08:43 PM
wow, you are doing great. I hope I can say the same thing soon. I will weigh in tommorow morning and hopefully will have some more good news.

Only 14 days until Dec 31st!

lorelei

lorelei1
12-19-2001, 01:19 PM
Just when I thought my goal may be too hard to reach for, I weighed in this morning and have lost two more pounds! I hope I can make it-this a very hard time of year to count calories. In fact I went to two family parties this past weekend, it's a miracle I didn't gain...

good luck to all of us!
~lorelei~
313/278/273 New Years goal=40 pounds!