Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-24-2007, 12:36 AM   #1  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

Default Drowning

I was doing so well. I lost 35+ pounds from May to the end of last year. Now, since the year has started, I have lost half a pound (I think.) Maybe I have become complacent. I look better. I am feeling better.

But I'm just not in that losing weight groove. I had a few days where I was doing well, but I have been indulging more often than not. When my beloved Colts were running to victory, I ate and ate.

I want my groove back.
NewDay4MeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Take heart! There are lots of things you can do. Come, join us in this thread where we are talking about 'tweaking' to get going again.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102611
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Ahhh...I have been in your place. You lose a lot of weight, and then you slowly begin to stall 10, 20, or 30 pounds before you reach goal. It is the ole' "need more motivation" thing. You lose momentum, and have to do something to get it back.

I always found that making a goal for myself...sort of a mini contest, with a prize at the end. Do something fun for motivation, to get your exercise and calories back on track. I would find that I would "indulge" a little more here and there-not enough to gain, but enough to stop the losses. You know what I mean. Make a game. Put a dollar in a jar, or 50 cents, or whatever you can afford, for every day you stay 100% on track-or for each day you really get that workout in. Then, when you make a new milestone-such as losing another 10 pounds, or dropping another clothing size-take that money and buy something frivolous for yourself.

Sign up for something new-a karate class, a dance class, or a walkathon. Something to keep you motivated in your exercise.

After a while, the thrill of losing can go a bit...even if you still want to lose. You don't always keep that same drive like you have in the beginning.

This goes for maintainers as well, because if you are going to keep it off for life, then you have to find ways to continually motivate yourself.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:42 AM   #4  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

I am in the same place you are. I gained 5 pounds between christmas and new years and have only gotten 2 off. I am finding it harder to stay with my new ways but I just made a commitment to myself to get my groove back. And I promise I will. Friday My family and I are joining our local YMCA. I am getting a new job so that food won't be such a temptation ( I currently work in a restraunt) and I am going to make time for me.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:58 PM   #5  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

jcatron-Good luck with going to the gym with your family! That sounds like a wonderful idea- getting healthy and family time all rolled into one.

aphil- I really appreciate your reply. You have such a soothing reasonable presence in this place. I know I can do this again, it is just hard to pull myself back out. I think I will try to give myself a cool reward when I get to the 162 mark, which I have been reaching for for what seems like forever.

Susan- Thanks for your response. I don't feel quite "worthy" of the featherweights group yet, but maybe I'll come over when I'm down a little more.

I'm doing a little better today. Yesterday I only ate my 22 points! Woohoo! AND I tracked it all. I have been lax about tracking lately. So far, today has been good, too. (even with pms making me an emotional, cranky lady)

Thanks for listening.
NewDay4MeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 04:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Worthy ... ptewy! You can read where ever you want! There's tips for everyone all over this board! Make yourself at home.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote