Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-23-2007, 04:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

Default I must exercise!!!

With 45 minutes still left at work, I'm already coming up with the excuses and the reasons not to go downstairs and use the gym.

This happens everyday, I am psyched about working out in the morning, determined I'm gonna do it, and the closer it gets to 5 the more reasons I come up with to skip it.

Ireally need to get in an exercise habit, but after work I just don't want to. Before work isn't much of an option either, because I have just as much trouble motivating myself to get out of bed as I do convincing myself to stay and use the company gym.

Basically, I'm asking that people give me a little kick and tell me that I HAVE to exercise, I cant just excuse my way out of it every day!
AmberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/123/120

Height: 5'5

Hey Get off your and go to the gym!!!! HA there's your kick now can you give me mine

Just kidding- Just think how great you will feel when you are done.
Lovestorun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

Why don't you get to work early and exercise in the morning instead of after work?

Sure you may be a little sweaty, but, at least you're getting your workout in!
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 10:27 PM   #4  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Have you tried to exercise without actually exercising? Ok, now I guess you want me to explain that.

When I was working and going to class at night, I had no time at all to exercise...except lunch. But taking my lunch to go exercise rather than actually eating was hard to do. So instead, I took my lunch to go shopping...the long way around. I got in a good brisk walk around town and back down the other street to get to the store back next to the office where I started from. Then I'd spend 10 minutes browsing the store. I'd eat lunch while working afterwards. I also found reasons to get up at work often. Rather than pick up the phone and intercom to ask someone something, I'd get up and go to them, especially if they were downstairs. And at night, rather than sitting down to a movie, I stood up, and marched or used my FIRM step stool with hand weights. Spend at least half a movie doing that and you get a good workout, but you're engrossed in the movie and the exercise isn't as noticeable as being exercise.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:10 AM   #5  
ebe
noob

Break it down into manageable steps. Like instead of thinking of the looong workout ahead of you, think only of what you have to do at the moment.
Just think I'm just going to walk into the gym.
I'm just changing clothes. Now I'm just going to go stand on the treadmill. For me, something usually kicks in and I say ok now i'm doing this...if nothing kicks in and you're standing on the treadmill or whatever thinking of other places you'd rather be, just force yourself to focus and do something for blocks of time that you can manage.
ebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:00 AM   #6  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

work out in the morning. its hard to get up early at first but you will feel better all day
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote