South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 01:50 PM   #1  

Default Enchilada Sauce HELP!!

I am trying a recipe I found in the forum...."enchalidinis" It calls for a packet of enchilada sauce....I looked at literally EVERY sauce in the store and they all had either sugar or pototo starch or some other kind of no no flour product in them. Can someone please tell me a safe one to purchase?!
Old 01-23-2007, 02:26 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

Perhaps it calls for the seasoning pks..that you add to tomatoe sause?

I got tired of red sauses so have used "LaVictoria" Enchilada sauce...It is green and I like the mild as it is hot enough for my family...Found in the Mexican food section.

1/4 cup has 15 cals. no fat. ony 3 carbs and sugar is less than 1 g. Has some soy flour in it...but so very little...check it out...goes a long ways...
Old 01-23-2007, 03:03 PM   #3  

thanks lubajo. i will definitely keep an eye out for it. i have to get out again anyway and am completely craving this dish tonight.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Do you live near a Trader Joe's? They carry a Mexican Red Sauce that I use in place of enchilada sauce. It's ingredients are water, crushed tomatoes, expeller-pressed canola oil, garlic, salt, cumin, lime juice concentrate, ancho chili powder, paprika, coriander, onion powder, passilla chili power, chipotle powder, oregano and bay leaves. That enchiladini recipe is one of our favorites, I make it often.
Closed Thread