Old 01-23-2007, 01:36 PM   #1  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Default Saw this on another forum, looks like fun!

Okay Sistas, this is kind of a cool idea. The idea is that we are walking from some big city to another big city ie New York to Los Angeles and there is a site that will give us the actual miles as the crow flies or nautical miles. Whatever it doesn't matter. Every time someone does some exercise each minute counts as one mile so the more we exercise the faster we'll get there! Anyone like to do this with me? Each time someone exercises just subtract how many minutes/miles from the previous post. ie if I do 30minutes of exercise and there is 1254 miles then I post 1254 - 30 = 1224 and then later Misty comes along and she's done 45 minutes of exercise so she posts 1224 -45 = 1179. Does that make sense?

Now where would we like to walk to and where would we like to start? I'll take suggestions for a couple of days for anyone interested and then start the thread. New York to Los Angeles would be a good one if we want to stay in the US but heck we could go international and walk from Paris to Madrid.

BTW anyone who wants to join in please feel free. I know this is under the WW forum but you don't have to be doing WW to join in!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:00 AM   #2  
Tryin' Again

S/C/G: 235/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Jen,

Count me in, I need something to get me motivated to exercise. Last nite at my WW meeting I bought the WW Walking Kit. It has a dvd for an indoor walking workout & also a CD to walk outside with. If I can just find my CD walkman, I'll be able to walk outside when the weather gets better.

As to where we are walking to, New York to LA sounds OK to me, or anywhere else you'd like. And then maybe from LA to Alaska, or maybe we could walk on the water to Hawaii. Always wanted to go there!!! lol
Kitty53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:04 AM   #3  

Yeah this is an awesome idea!

NY to LA would be cool
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote