Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2001, 10:59 AM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Default Fabulous Forties #81

Please make sure to read the posts on page 2 of #80.

Joe came home from work yesterday and handed me a one pound bag of chocolate nonpareils(my favorite) and said, "I know you like these."

He is not trying to sabotage my efforts to lose weight, he truly wanted to do something nice for me, I'm so lucky to have that kind of love. Never once has he said anything negative about my weight; when I have successfully lost on WW, twice (!), he has been encouraging and optimistic. So it's not like that reverse psychology junk some men do about wanting their wives to be fat so they're insecure, dependent on them, etc. etc. He just wanted to do something nice, which is why we're best friends after 30 years.

So now I've shoved the bag in the back of the deep freeze in the garage. I'm determined to let them stay there till Christmas and then other people can eat them!

~Jen
Old 10-16-2001, 12:47 PM   #2  

Bouphy,
I have to agree with you that the new threads were a little confusing to me at first too. There are several people in this group that don't like having to page through the messages so whenever it goes onto page 2 they start a new thread. It isn't really a new thread but it keeps the recent messages managable. BTW I am glad you're still around. Was wondering if we scared you away.

Jen,
That was great thinking putting those treats in the freezer till Christmas. I wish I had room in my freezer to do that.

Patti,
We all go through what you are describing. I certainly was doing that to myself until Wally gave me my little wake up call. I know it will click for you but until it does just remember to take each day at a time.

Essie,
Your are doing so well with your CHolesterol. I am really proud of you!!!

Myra,
haven't heard much from you lately. Is everything OK? I know you were having car trouble and other stress at home. If you need someone to talk to, we can talk off line.

Hi to Dianne, Mom4, Joyce, Terri

Hugs,
JanieD
GO YANKEES!!!!
Old 10-16-2001, 01:36 PM   #3  

Here is mine from page 2 of 80. + an added message.

--------------------------------------

Zoe,
I know exactly what you are going through right now. I have been there soooo many times. This is a day to day thing. It is NEVER too late. I will always struggle with food. I know one week of going op I will take a long time to get back. It is like alcoholism except we HAVE to eat. Can you imagine if an alcoholic only had to take a small drink. This is the hardest thing to do. So you had a lapse. It will happen again. I know I will. It is human. The worst thing to do is to give up. I think you are doinbg great in talking about it. I know when Bruce leaves I feel free to not clean or cook a big supper, kids love chef boy ar dee. It is very tempting to eat more junk. We are here for each other and anytime you need to talk we'll listen.
Love the pig. I'll have to send a picture of tabber via e-mail.
Thanks.

Dianne,
That is adorable about the grandkids. "To the moon Alice" I looooved that show. Thanks for the memories.

Hi Essie,
I will defend you to the end.

Jen,
That is so sweet of Joe. He sounds a lot like Bruce. BEST FRIENDS! Never a negative word and always willing to help and love to make you happy. That is what life is all about.

Have a great day everyone.
Terri

Last edited by points; 10-16-2001 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-16-2001, 01:50 PM   #4  

If y'all want to keep the same threads and go to different pages that is ok with me. It might be easier and we wouldn't have to remind everyone to read page 2 and copy and paste.

Whatever you decide.
Luv yas,
Terri
Old 10-16-2001, 02:44 PM   #5  

I'm confused!!! Did Bouphy post somewhere? I missed it Where Am I?

Dianne
Old 10-16-2001, 02:59 PM   #6  

It is on # 78 page 2.
Terri
Old 10-16-2001, 08:01 PM   #7  

Dianne, we think so much alike when it comes to posting I was thinking the same thing about Bouphy. Just like with the Patti/Zoe thing, we thought they were 2 people. You are too funny.

When it comes to starting new threads it doesn't make any difference to me. Whatever you all decide is fine with me. It could get a little confusing at times.

Jen, that was so sweet of Joe. He sounds like a real good guy Good choice in putting them away

JanieD, thanks for being proud of me for keeping my cholesterol in check. It's been pretty hard all these yrs. but I've learned what I can & can't have. I have to go for another blood test soon. It has to be checked every 3 mths.

Terri, everyone says losing is easier than maintaining. Do you think that's true?

Well Ladies, you all have a goodnight.

Love,
Es
Old 10-16-2001, 08:19 PM   #8  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default This is a test

Hey Y'all.....I'm testing out my attachment abilities. I'm posting my wedding pic....wow, what colors!!! This WAS a loooonnnng time ago. Ha! Let's see if it works.
Old 10-16-2001, 08:20 PM   #9  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

oh my gosh....it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-16-2001, 09:02 PM   #10  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Beautiful picture, Zoe!
Old 10-16-2001, 09:13 PM   #11  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Patti,
what a wonderful picture.....you make a great couple!!!
thanks for sharing.

~Jen
Old 10-16-2001, 09:19 PM   #12  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Janie, I'm around. Just real busy and not that much to say. I weigh in tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how that goes.
Old 10-16-2001, 11:25 PM   #13  

Great Picture ZOE!!!!! I love it!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!
I want to try! I only have 2 of Bruce and I on the PC so I will try.
The first one has my baby, Brittany.
Terri
Old 10-16-2001, 11:27 PM   #14  

Here is one from New Years a decade ago.

Terri
Old 10-17-2001, 08:31 AM   #15  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Great pic's Terri!!!!!!!!!! we sure ARE getting to the the attachment experts. Thanks for allowing us to see who we're talking to.

I'll "try" to find a recent one here but ya know, I hate having my picture taken.....

Last edited by Zoe; 10-17-2001 at 08:34 AM.
Closed Thread