WW Clubs and Groups - Fabulous Forties #81

View Full Version : Fabulous Forties #81

Jenny523
10-16-2001, 11:59 AM
Please make sure to read the posts on page 2 of #80.

Joe came home from work yesterday and handed me a one pound bag of chocolate nonpareils(my favorite) and said, "I know you like these."

He is not trying to sabotage my efforts to lose weight, he truly wanted to do something nice for me, I'm so lucky to have that kind of love. Never once has he said anything negative about my weight; when I have successfully lost on WW, twice (!), he has been encouraging and optimistic. So it's not like that reverse psychology junk some men do about wanting their wives to be fat so they're insecure, dependent on them, etc. etc. He just wanted to do something nice, which is why we're best friends after 30 years. :)

So now I've shoved the bag in the back of the deep freeze in the garage. I'm determined to let them stay there till Christmas and then other people can eat them!

~Jen

JanieD
10-16-2001, 01:47 PM
Bouphy,
I have to agree with you that the new threads were a little confusing to me at first too. There are several people in this group that don't like having to page through the messages so whenever it goes onto page 2 they start a new thread. It isn't really a new thread but it keeps the recent messages managable. BTW I am glad you're still around. Was wondering if we scared you away.

Jen,
That was great thinking putting those treats in the freezer till Christmas. I wish I had room in my freezer to do that.

Patti,
We all go through what you are describing. I certainly was doing that to myself until Wally gave me my little wake up call. I know it will click for you but until it does just remember to take each day at a time.

Essie,
Your are doing so well with your CHolesterol. :D I am really proud of you!!!

Myra,
haven't heard much from you lately. Is everything OK? I know you were having car trouble and other stress at home. If you need someone to talk to, we can talk off line.

:wave: Hi to Dianne, Mom4, Joyce, Terri

Hugs,
JanieD
GO YANKEES!!!!

Here is mine from page 2 of 80. + an added message.

--------------------------------------

Zoe,
I know exactly what you are going through right now. I have been there soooo many times. This is a day to day thing. It is NEVER too late. I will always struggle with food. I know one week of going op I will take a long time to get back. It is like alcoholism except we HAVE to eat. Can you imagine if an alcoholic only had to take a small drink. This is the hardest thing to do. So you had a lapse. It will happen again. I know I will. It is human. The worst thing to do is to give up. I think you are doinbg great in talking about it. I know when Bruce leaves I feel free to not clean or cook a big supper, kids love chef boy ar dee. It is very tempting to eat more junk. We are here for each other and anytime you need to talk we'll listen.
Love the pig. I'll have to send a picture of tabber via e-mail.
Thanks.

Dianne,
That is adorable about the grandkids. "To the moon Alice" I looooved that show. Thanks for the memories.

Hi Essie,
I will defend you to the end.

Jen,
That is so sweet of Joe. He sounds a lot like Bruce. BEST FRIENDS! Never a negative word and always willing to help and love to make you happy. That is what life is all about. :love:

Have a great day everyone.
Terri

If y'all want to keep the same threads and go to different pages that is ok with me. It might be easier and we wouldn't have to remind everyone to read page 2 and copy and paste. :lol:

Whatever you decide.
Luv yas,
Terri

decemberdianne
10-16-2001, 03:44 PM
I'm confused!!!:dizzy: Did Bouphy post somewhere? I missed it:^: Where Am I?:lol:

Dianne

It is on # 78 page 2. :D
Terri

Livinghealthy
10-16-2001, 09:01 PM
Dianne, we think so much alike when it comes to posting:lol: I was thinking the same thing about Bouphy. Just like with the Patti/Zoe thing, we thought they were 2 people. You are too funny.

When it comes to starting new threads it doesn't make any difference to me. Whatever you all decide is fine with me. It could get a little confusing at times.

Jen, that was so sweet of Joe. He sounds like a real good guy;) Good choice in putting them away :)

JanieD, thanks for being proud of me for keeping my cholesterol in check. It's been pretty hard all these yrs. but I've learned what I can & can't have. I have to go for another blood test soon. It has to be checked every 3 mths.

Terri, everyone says losing is easier than maintaining. Do you think that's true?

Well Ladies, you all have a goodnight.

Love,
Es

Zoe
10-16-2001, 09:19 PM
Hey Y'all.....I'm testing out my attachment abilities. I'm posting my wedding pic....wow, what colors!!! This WAS a loooonnnng time ago. Ha! Let's see if it works.

Zoe
10-16-2001, 09:20 PM
oh my gosh....it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

mpinkham
10-16-2001, 10:02 PM
Beautiful picture, Zoe!

Jenny523
10-16-2001, 10:13 PM
Patti,
what a wonderful picture.....you make a great couple!!!
thanks for sharing.

~Jen

mpinkham
10-16-2001, 10:19 PM
Janie, I'm around. Just real busy and not that much to say. I weigh in tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how that goes.

Great Picture ZOE!!!!! I love it!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!
I want to try! I only have 2 of Bruce and I on the PC so I will try.
The first one has my baby, Brittany.
Terri

Here is one from New Years a decade ago.

Terri

Zoe
10-17-2001, 09:31 AM
Great pic's Terri!!!!!!!!!! we sure ARE getting to the the attachment experts. Thanks for allowing us to see who we're talking to. :D

I'll "try" to find a recent one here but ya know, I hate having my picture taken.....:rolleyes:

Jenny523
10-17-2001, 10:34 AM
Great photos, Terri :D We should all make the effort to dig up a photo to share. Zoe's right....it's cool to see who we've been talking to!

Now, to try to find one that's good and not 20 years old :lol:

hi to all :wave:

~Jen

Thanks! I will scan a newer one of me in the near furture. I have to hook the scanner back up and I need Bruce for that. :lol:

I just got back from the gym and now off to a candle party.
TTYL,
Terri

bouphy
10-17-2001, 12:51 PM
Hi there
Yes I did post "back there" somewhere. When I went looking for a reply to my ?s I thought there were none but then I found some reference to it here on a completely different thread! Is there someway that these threads are "linked" so I can follow from one to the other. If I did not happen to check this one then I would have missed it.

Terri, I am very interested in your response to the ? about maintainence vs losing. As I said I have only been on this program 4 weeks now but I am determined to make it a lifestyle/attitude permanent change.

What I am trying to do is to make changes that I know I will continue for the long haul. With every change I make,I am questioning myself to see if I can continue it over the long term. For example I am to "cheap" to throw out half of every egg I use, so I don't use recipes that use just the white. Also I like peanut butter so I have to figure out how to still have some but not too much at a time.

Anyway that is my comment for today. Take care everyone.

JanieD
10-17-2001, 05:39 PM
Hi Ladies,
I WI this morning and there was no change. I guess I should be happy because I really thought that I had gained this week. Really busy today, got to go,

JanieD

mpinkham
10-17-2001, 05:50 PM
Well, I'm off to my meeting in about 10 minutes. I'm hoping for the same result. It is sort of a bummer because I was hoping to get in the 150s today, but I really doubt that is going to happen if my home scale is accurate at all.

I'll let you know.

Livinghealthy
10-17-2001, 06:22 PM
Hello! Nice pictures. Very soon I should be able to show you mine. I have to have David's help & he's been quite busy lately.

JanieD, even though you stayed the same that's still good news. It's better than a gain ;)

Myra, hope your weigh-in makes you happy. You have been losing steadily. I'm very impressed:)

Bouphy, you're new to all this so it seems complicated but it's really not. You'll get use to it. Usually when we have 30 posts we go to a new one instead of having pages & pages. Next one will be Fabulous Forties #82. When I see that we're up to 28 posts I already know that whoever gets to it first will create the next one. Maybe Terri can explain it alittle better. I'm probably confuses you even more. Glad you found us;)

Terri, way to go with the gym. I get really excited when I know one of my Buds are exercising. It's so good for you. I love candle parties.

Jen, a while back you had a photo. You looked really good. Do you remember which one it was?

Be back later:wave:

Zoe, beautiful picture! Yours too Terri!

Love,
Es

mpinkham
10-17-2001, 08:46 PM
WI wasn't that great. Gained .2 lb. I know that's hardly anything but I wanted to lose. I am determined to see the 150s next week.

decemberdianne
10-17-2001, 11:23 PM
Hi guys :wave:

Great pictures, Zoe & Terri. Brittany is soooooo cute.

Es - I think you and I are actually twins, :lol:

Jen - OMG, non-parails. I lovvvvvvveeee them. We call them sno-caps and I've been eating them since I was 6 years old and my nana took me to the movies every weekend. She always had a plain hershey bar and I always had the sno-caps. No wonder I'm such a creature of habit. That's how she was and she raised me. Thanks for the memories, Jen. Your hubby sounds like a sweetheart and very supportive. You should keep him:smug:

Myra- don't worry about .2. You'll get that off in no time. Your'e doing great, girl.

Janie - staying the same is "a good thing", so don't worry.

I started "fresh" again this week and so far so good, but I'm not gonna jinx it, :D I'm gonna wait a couple of weeks and see if I have some good news to report. I went out and bought my "supplies" for work. My tuna kits (5 points) and mini caramel rice cakes and instant low-fat tomatoe soup. I have to have my supplies at work, or there's no way to stay on program. Wish me luck!

We'll willie and I will leave on Friday afternoon for "parents weekend" at Binghamton. We don't want to leave at 5:00 a.m. on saturday to get there for 9:00 a.m. We want to take our time, stay in a hotel for friday and not have to rush. Can't wait to see Alana and she says she misses us alot. It should be a good weekend.

Well, I think I'll say goodnight for now. Hi to everyone else and have a good Thursday. Oh, and if you guys dress down on Fridays don't wear this, okay?

Hugs,
Dianne

Dianne,
Great picture. How old are you there? :lol:
Have fun with Alana. That will be so nice.
Britts loves the snowcaps. i have never even tasted them. I love those memories.
Good luck on the starting fresh. You can do it!!!!!

Myra,
Don't worry those 150's are waiting and you'll see them next week. Your getting some muscles there girl. Great job.

Es,
The candles were sooo expensive but beautiful.
I got some Christmas presents out of the way. I can't put candles out until Tanner settles down. I put them in the bathroom and bedroom but that is it!

I'd love to see Jens picture and everyone elses. Everyone always looks completely different than I picture. When they are brunettes I picture them blonds or vice versa. :lol:

JanieD,
Maintenance feels so good sometimes. More will come off next week. Doing great~!

bouphy,
Maintenance to me was much harder than losing. That is why I gained it all back. The excitement was gone. No more "Great jobs" etc... It is all a mind game. This time though I will work it. it is a lifestyle afterall. I finally know that. I am determined to keep it off.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Guess what my mom sent from Ohio yesterday. Our annual Halloween boxes with gifts, clothes and money for the kids and yes, you guessed it. LOTS OF CANDY to give to the Trick or Treaters and to the teachers for their classes and of course us. LOL
I put them in a plastic bag and stored them in a high cupboard in the kitchen. I told noone about them yet and I will take them out on halloween. I did it last year and now I have to see if I can do it this year. We have Snickers, Kit kats, M & Ms, reeses minis, kisses etc...
She is such a sweetie! LOL

Well,
I'll talk to y'all later!!!!
Terri

Jenny523
10-18-2001, 12:46 AM
OMG!!! I am still laughing, I've got tears.......Dianne, that attachment has ours all beat!!!!!!!!! What wonderful incentive to be OP :D :D Have a wonderful visit with Alana. I'm sure she does miss you and is looking forward to the weekend just as much as you are.

Terri, sounds like Mom really takes care of you guys! How sweet of her. I'll bet your kids love it. What are they dressing up as? I miss making the kids' costumes, we had some good ones over the years. Jess makes the boys', this year Brandon is Batman, Matt is Superman, our two superheroes!!

Myra, you didn't have too big of a gain. With all the working out you've been doing, could it be muscle? I'm confident you'll see those 150's!!

Janie, hey, no gain no pain! or something like that, right? Keep up the good work.

Es, you must be thinking of the photo from Memphis in June....it wasn't good, but our most recent. Still waiting to see what you look like!

Bouphy, it sounds like you're really giving the program a lot of thought; that's good for the long haul. I lost 32 lbs. two (!) years ago, did not give up egg yolks, nor peanut butter. I agree that you can work what you like into your daily points total. If I had to give up favorite foods completely, like pasta, or even pnt.bttr, I never would have lost! As far as what "thread" to post on.....just look for the Fabulous Forties mos recent #. When it gets too full it goes to 2 pages, which is even more confusing and difficult to read! So we generally try to keep it to one page, usually a new one about once a week or so, depending on how talkative everyone is. :D

hi to Zoe and Joyce :wave:
~Jen

Jen,
My boys want to go as Army men. They are all caught up in all that is going on. I have a feeling we will see a lot of patriotic stuff this year. Batman and superman. AWWWW!
I remember Brandon and Bradley had those pj's complete with velcroe capes. They will look so cute!
I don't remember seeing those pics. Do I?
I would love to see them.

Until tomorrow!
Terri

Joyce
10-18-2001, 01:15 AM
Hi everyone! :wave: I'm finally back. My computer crashed & burned around the 30th of September. I have just now got everything put back together. My brother is a computer whiz, so we decided the most economical route would be to rebuild it ourselves. BOY! have I got a crash course in computer 101! :lol: The catch is that he could only work with me on Mon-Wed because of work and he lives in Boerne which is about 1hr & 15 min. from my house. So it has been a long 3 wks. CAN YOU SAY WITHDRAWAL! :dizzy: Then I had problems getting into this site because of some software parameters that restricted advertisements.

I will try to catch up on what has been happening in everyone's lives but will not be able to post much because other work that was let go... needs to be done. I just wanted to let you know I was still around and hope to be back to normal soon.

Diet?????? Needless to say when my life becomes this hectic (pause) diet goes out the window. Fortunately I've been active enough that I don't show a gain but alas... no loss.

Take care everyone.
Joyce W.

P.S. I just read some of the above posts. Zoe - The pictures were great! You'll have me wanting to load some. In fact I have one on the refrigerater from 6 years ago of my husband & I at Big Bend. And whoever did the casual work on Friday ...... I copied it to a folder so I can send it to my MOM she will laugh her head off like I did. I also copied the purple flower, it was so beautiful.

That's all folks! I'm going to bed. You'll have a great weekend if I'm not able to make it back.

Welcome back Joyce. We missed you.

Terri

Livinghealthy
10-18-2001, 06:18 AM
Hi Girls,

THANK GOD IT'S THURSDAY!!! We are one busy group. I can't believe all the posts since I was here last night.:) I think it's great.

Dianne, nice picture:lol: I believe the only way to stay OP is to be prepared & lately I haven't been prepared:rolleyes: These Halloween chocolates at work are killing me:mad: I need some heavy duty willpower!!!!

Joyce, welcome back:D WE were wondering what happened to you. My computer crashed last year & I felt so lost. Great to have you back;)

Terri, those candles are expensive but they last forever & are soooo pretty. I wish I could have hung out with you:)

Myra, hang in there. You're doing great. Next week will be your week, I can feel it. ;)

Bouphy, we're getting close to #82. Look at the number of replies when you first log on to the thread.

See you's later alligators:lol: I use to say that to David all the time when he was little, just to here him say after a while crocodile!! I still say to him & he cracks up.

Have a great day!
Be back later.

Love,
Es

Livinghealthy
10-18-2001, 06:21 AM
You could tell I love the smileys:lol:

mpinkham
10-18-2001, 08:23 AM
Glad you're back Joyce. We missed you.

See ya on #82.
Terri