Simply Filling/Core - Core Chat for Jan. 22-28, 2007

View Full Version : Core Chat for Jan. 22-28, 2007

Katpo
01-22-2007, 11:31 AM
Hey! :write:

Tejas
01-22-2007, 11:56 AM
Hey, yourself!

New pages! Let's go! Imagine that you have opened up a new diary and smell the wonderful scent of clean paper. Get the pen loaded up with ink and write. Careful, don't smudge!

The dogs have been walked, the oatmeal has been eaten, the first emails and phone calls of the day have been made: the new week is here waiting for us to make something of it. :dancer:

It's almost 11AM here and I've been OP all day!

Rhonda

Katpo
01-22-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm back from the horsepistol (as my funny ol' dad used to call the hospital) ... they told me to come back in six months and that nothing looked like it needed to be biopsied at the present. There were lots of places so they're just going to watch them for a while.

Time for lunch; I'll check back in a little bit.

aghiowa
01-22-2007, 03:27 PM
Well, that's good new, right? It's funny, my dad calls it the "horsepistol" sometimes too. :)

We had a big family gathering this weekend, since we were getting my oldest dd baptized. It was a beautiful, simple occasion where she was surrounded with family and friends...very nice.

I've been having TOM off and on for about 2 weeks now, so my weight is pretty confused. :D I'm hoping by weigh-in next week, it will have decided to quit. I forgot to mention that I lost .6 last week. Not stellar, but at least it's in the right direction.

Angela

Froufy
01-22-2007, 04:32 PM
Congrats on the weight loss Angela - every teeny weeny little bit counts. Glad you had a nice family gathering for dd - I'm sure it will make great memories for her.

Kathy - sorry you were up and worrying - I also try to remind myself that everything seems worse in the 'dark' and by morning I will be able to deal with things better - not that it helps me fall asleep - but I try to get some perspective in there! Glad the u/s did not show anything serious!

Rhonda - clean pages are nice - I actually found this 'journal' I bought last year for my weight loss progress. - looks like I got up to January 21 - how funny is that? and the rest of the pages are blank. So I decided to 'resurrect' it and have a 6 week countdown to my cruise - I am writing my wl progress and goals as well as exercising attempts! Hopefully this will help keep me motivated.

As for my toesies - so I have a bandaid on the top of one toe so my shoes don't rub - Not sure about treadmilling tonight? Maybe a richard simmons tape in my SOCKS! No rubbing shoes allowed - or if I do treadmill - will have to take 'extra precautions' - like cotton balls taped onto my toes - ha ha ha :D

Bored at work today cuz I don't feel like doing anything - how bad is that? Also cruise buddy Ray back from his current cruise - #10 - which means he is a 'platinum' cruiser and got lots of extra perks. Took his 'partner' and Mom with him (and she's in a wheelchair) so it was not as relaxing as he had hoped - says he can't wait to cruise with me - cuz I am a 'real cruiser' and know my way around! Bad news is he just emailed me and just got diagnosed with Diabetes - so he is, as expected, in a deep funk. I know he was having some blood sugar issues and was being tested regularly, but I guess it was not getting better?

He is on metformin now and feeling very badly - and I do feel for him too. My mom was diabetic and had many health complications because of it - hence my need to get my weight under control cuz I too am at high risk. Luckily my recent bloodwork showed my sugar as within normal range - but I know how quickly I can change. I hope this doesn't impede on his enjoyment of our upcoming cruise? (Can I still eat the warm chocolate melting cake in front of him??? or will that upset him too much?).

Speaking of food - my weight was still 1 lb up and this is driving me crazy - I think I am stuck! And I need to shake things up a bit and getting moving downward or I shall not meet my goal - may need to readjust it I guess? 10 lbs in 6 weeks is a pretty tall order!

Will try and check in later!

Frouf

Vickie
01-22-2007, 05:06 PM
Kathy, that's great news! I once had some issues to watch and the danged spots just disappeared. I'll pray for that for you as well.

I just got back from the Internist. I got new allergy medicine, Clarinex, and a different antibiotic, Doxcylcine. He also wants me to go for a Cardiac Referral because of my tight chest since the end of December. I do still have congestion but he thinks there may be two issues happening. My Dad had a heart attack when he was about my age and my Mother had bypass surgery. I've always worried about it but now I'm completely freaked out. I'm scared to death to know for sure and I'm scared to death not to know. And....the fear makes my chest hurt worse. Sigh. I think I'm going to take the antibiotic first along with the new allergy medicine and then figure out what to do from there.

ontarget
01-22-2007, 06:07 PM
thank you, froufy. i was lost, wasn't i?

rhonda, life is good. i wrote a few minutes ago on last week's thread about how i enjoy your perky, upbeat posts. you make my day.

a friend just asked me what was something new i could do for myself today that would help me lose weight. my answer: i called the women's club and am getting set up to start using weights to help tone these flabby parts.

kathy, that's great news. i know you're relieved. it's a good sign when those in the know don't act panicky, isn't it? i had a phone call one time from results from a pap smear. i have to tell you the call was a weird one. the nurse said, "now, don't you go t_ts up on us. everything is probably all right." i had never been told that before--for sure. but she was right. everything was all right.

angela, your post makes me smile. i am happy for you, dd, and everybody else who was part of this special occasion.

vickie, you keep us posted. when do you go to the cardiologist? take care of yourself and remember--we're here for you. curtis takes doxcylcine to help with his arthritis. our rheumatologist prescribed it for him.

frouf, i think you can lose 10 lbs in 6 weeks. i am still impressed with your 3.3 mph on the treadmill.

thingirlinside
01-22-2007, 06:35 PM
Hi Ladies I am back, this time for good. I was off the wagon for a while and did not post or come on the boards. I tried to change my screen name to something else but was not able too so I just registered a new name, my old screen name was Mattandgabbysmom. It is I Niki back from the world of non core foods, I have been thinking about you guys but just wasn't ready to come back. I am ready now, I am in the right frame of mind right now and determined to get this weight off once and for all with all of your wonderful help and support if you will still have me :hug:
I will catch up and see how everyone is doing.

Niki

Vickie
01-22-2007, 07:02 PM
Niki, I wondered where you went. Of course, you're welcome here any time! I can't imagine a better place to be. I'm lurking more than posting right at the moment. I'm struggling with some health issues and some other emotional things right now. I'm eating healthy, though, and that's something to be proud of. I'm SO happy to hear that you are back and determined. Maybe you'll inspire me too! Good Luck with your program.

thingirlinside
01-22-2007, 07:17 PM
Thank you Vickie, I hope all is well with your health. I hope I do inspire and get inspired along my journey. I truly am a happier person when I follow Core, I tried the points and it just does not work for me. Lets do this battle together :D

Katpo
01-22-2007, 08:44 PM
Hey there Niki! Of course we remember you well!! I hope things go well for you and this time is THE time!

Frouf, my girl, you were on my mind today for this reason (you're gonna laugh) ... I went to Whole Foods after work to get ONE item. I wanted some Natural Ovens blueberry bagels. Well, in I walk and there's the produce section, so I get some fresh blueberries. Then there's the salad dressing, so I get Judd some of his FF balsamic vinaigrette. And oh, look! Those thin Italian breadsticks will go great in the vegetable bouquet I'm making for Wednesday's potluck at work (and the theme is "healthy" ... ugh! Do you have ANY idea how hard that one is???). Keep walking, keep walking ... oh LOOK! A SAMPLE! And you know how we love samples in the grocery store. This one was smoked salmon spread. There were some Kashi TLC crackers, my favorite, out to put the spread on so I did and OH. MY. GOODNESS. This spread is absolutely absolutely absolutely to die for! I got a little tub of it because it was $9.99 a pound. Yikes! At least I know that nobody else here will touch it so it's safe with me. Now if I can stay out of it and not eat the whole tub in one sitting I'll be happy. I got less than 1/2 pound because it was $4.xx. I am SO EXCITED! Then I saw the dark chocolate and got a bar of Green & Black Maya Gold (http://www.greenandblacks.com/uk/productdetails.php?pageid=27&cid=6&pid=10). Oh and another little teeny box of three pieces of another kind (can't remember the brand though) which was dark chocolate and cherry. Walking ... walking ... pomegranate juice! I'll get a bottle of that and FINALLY I get over to the bread section. I grabbed those bagels and headed straight to the checkout before more damage was done.

So in case you didn't recognize it, the smoked salmon spread was where you came in, Frouf. Have you ever had it? I swear I could have pulled up a chair and cleaned them out right on the spot. Never in my entire life have I had something that tasted so good.

Vickie, I hope these new meds do you some good, and that you get to the cardiologist soon. I'm supposed to be going back too but they haven't done the referral yet. Anyway, I'm sure they'll be able to fix you right up. My dad had his first heart attack at age 44 and bypass surgery at 49 ... that makes me feel a little uneasy when my chest starts hurting. I've already been hospitalized once for it two years ago and am not anxious to repeat it. Please keep us updated.

Frouf, I also think that 10 pounds in 6 weeks is do-able. In fact, let's all do it with you! Who's in???

Sandra, those weights will make a big difference. I should be doing them to but I'm not; instead, I suppose I'm happier complaining about the flabby remainder instead of working on getting rid of it. Maybe someday. I'm proud of you for taking action on it.

I have to go mop now. Bindy was outside and I didn't close the door all the way. She came in while I wasn't looking and tracked mud all over the place. Usually I meet her at the back door with a towel so we can do the "sit" and "shake" thing and I wipe her paws. There are big muddy pawprints all over the tile which I tried to get with a rag but noooooo ... it's going to take the mop to get them. Sigh ...

Tejas
01-22-2007, 09:22 PM
Hi All:

Glad my posts cheer you Sandra.

Froufy, I agree that 10 pounds in 6 weeks is a tall order. But, let's see how close we can get. I've got 9 to go. I'm still surrounded by :cookie:s. I think I need another workplace!!

Kathy, good to hear that your report is OK. I'm going to come down there to Texas and go grocery shopping with you. It sounds like much more fun than my trips to the store.

Niki, good luck with your new inspiration! I've decided that this is my LAST year with these struggles. It is darned well going to change for the better. I looked at some old WW charts. I am currently heavier than I was in 2003, but less than I was when I came here in June. It will work if you work it. (That is actually an AA expression: "the program works if you work it.")

I got home late and don't want to do any :exercise: So, I'm going to wait until tomorrow morning. A meeting scheduled for then got cancelled so I'll use that time and try one of my DVD's.

There's an expression from Zen: "chop wood; haul water." While it could sound like life is drudgery and boring, it really means something more like enjoy the rhythm, do what needs to be done without asking for more. So, I've decided the Zen approach to all of this is "eat less; move more." No doubt, I am now enlightened!

Whew, I better rest after that one.

Bye,
Rhonda

ontarget
01-22-2007, 10:07 PM
welcome niki. it's good to see you back. okay, let's get our pounds off.

sorry this is short. i'll be back tomorrow.

Katpo
01-22-2007, 10:28 PM
The other chocolate, in case anyone is interested, is New Tree Blush (http://www.newtree.com/blush.php) and it is divine. I have one little piece of Dove each night and it's a good end to the day, but this New Tree is REALLY a good chocolate. The 9g piece is 26 calories, and since dark chocolate is shown to have good antioxidant properties, it feels like I'm doing something healthy yet satisfying. If I had to count a point for it, I would but I hardly think it would be even 1/2 a point. Still, I have room in my daily allowance for it.

So, I hope everyone's having a great night. Bindy and I are already upstairs in our little room; she's a bit confused since it's early but we're watching TV. She'll probably sack out as soon as I turn off the light.

See you tomorrow! (And hopefully it's later than 2 a.m.!!!)

Froufy
01-22-2007, 10:37 PM
Is there anything better than SMOKED SALMON spread? I think not! Kathy is now an addict just like me - yes there is bagel shop in town that sells this FABULOUS spread - but I try to avoid the store (and the spread) for obvious reasons! It is delish but probably not good to inhale in the quantities that I would!

I love the idea of a "10 lbs to Froufie's Cruise Challenge" - who else is in? It really feels good to have everyone's support and participation - how cool is that! If you all say I can do it - I will certainly try (not counting tonight's non-supper, then subsequent face stuffing - need I say more?) Must try and stay focussed. Unfortunately we are going out for a bday lunch tomorrow so I will try and order carefully (menu: http://www.chateaucartier.com/sam/sam-menu-en.php ) - the cake is on thursday and I know I can avoid that!

Vickie - so sorry to hear you are still not feeling better - hope the new meds are just what you need. I also hope the chest pain issue is nothing more than some anxiety - please try and relax and not worry too much? Time for a relaxing destressing bubble bath! - maybe some good movies to take your mind off of things?

Rhonda - 'eat less, move more' just about sums about every sane diet philosophy out there - no magic pill - just expend more energy than you inhale! Easier said than done of course!

Sandra - kudos to you for deciding to do some weight training - I think that's a great idea - and remember all that muscle you build will help burn more calories!

Niki - welcome back - I missed you! So glad you are back on the wagon with the rest of us. How are the kiddies? How is the weather in your neck of the woods?

Dh out jamming - I am just back from 'chauffeur' duties - driving dd back and forth from dance - she is insisting she is going to fail her math exam - I am insisting this is NOT an option - I do have a call in to her math teacher - and he has not returned my call (from Friday) - what's up with that? I told her her 'dancing' is on the line if she fails - this is NOT GOOD!

While she was dancing got little ds some more pants and long sleeved shirts - poor child was looking like a pauper with 'flood pants' - guess he has grown again - with rips in the knees! Time to retire those things!

Otherwise I should go to bed early as I am very tired- and have that twitching eye thing which is emphasizing that point!

Nitey nite!

Frouf

Katpo
01-22-2007, 10:54 PM
I'm in! Definitely ... so that's like the first week of March or thereabouts? I just know we can all do it!

Well, that spread is calling my name LOUDLY. I put 2 oz. in a little container to take to work for my crackers; it'll make a lovely snack. I hope I can make it thru the regular meals and hold out until mid-afternoon. If I know me, I'll be going back tomorrow afternoon to buy more. Plus they had such a wonderful assortment of sliced smoked salmon. This could turn into a serious addiction.

Now I really am going to bed. Oh and I chuckled with your description of your "pauper DS" and his flood pants. Poor little guy! I'm sure he loved getting new duds.

You tell Emily to buckle down. One day (in the far, far distant future) she will thank you for riding her butt and making her be a decent human. Remember, I said far, far distant future. ;)

Vickie
01-23-2007, 09:38 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Thanks for the morale support. I'm just scared. I don't know when I'll go to the Cardiologist. The Doctor wants me to take the antibiotic and Clarinex first for at least a week and then we'll discuss how quickly I need to proceed.

I hope you all have a good day. I'm sticking to the program and will be continuing to weigh in and attend meetings. It's the best thing I can do for myself.

blessedwithsarah
01-23-2007, 10:05 AM
Good morning all. The scale is not my friend today -- I've been good and its now up! What the heck -- maybe its the gravitaional pull or something. I'm trying to not let it discourage me and let myself skip wi tomorrow. I made a nice frittata for breakfast and then I'll consume vats of water. Lets see what the bugger says tomorrow. I'm thinking I might try the "flore" plan for the next week or so -- stick to core foods but count points. I'm obviously not doing something right since the scale is turning on me. Who knows, maybe I'm not eating enough???? :) Who knows. Tomorrow is a new day, I did purchase the welcome kit last week and there is a 30 day journal. I'm in for the froufie challenge. I don't think I'll make the 10pds by valentines day. Oh well.....

Vickie, I'm glad the Dr gave you the allergy medicine, I hope you see a difference soon. Don't put off the cardiologist too long. Not something to take lightly. My sister saw hers yesterday -- the good news is that she isn't going to drop from a heart attack (his actual words!), but he is determined to figure out why she is getting chest pains. They have ruled out alot of things so far - the obvious ones, but she is feeling better about things. The good thing is that this Dr wants to find out what is going on. The last Cardiologist she saw told her she didn't need to come back. Nice guy...

Kathy and Frouf - you now have me craving a bagel with lox spread. I haven't had it in years, but I do like it! Hmmmm, good thing the scale is being mean, otherwise I may have splurged!

Welcome back Nicki! I'm trying to be good, but its been over a year that I've been working to lose these 7 pds. But I keep trying!! Thats all we can do, right?

Rhonda, who keeps bringing those cookies???? Maybe you need to start a new trend - veggies and dip or how about a bowl of fruit. That could be a nice change. Our office is similar in that there always seems to be food around -- in meetings, in certain locations. I have to admit,its where I bring treats I want out of my house!

Well, getting ready for a busy day. We have snow on the ground finally.Sarah is itching to get out and build a snow man -- not going to be much of a snow man considering we have less than a 1/2 inch. But, heck, she's 3.. Then its off to gymnastics, back home for lunch, then 1:00 we are checking out a summer camp. Then stop off at the grocery store to pick up a few things I forgot on Saturday, home for nap time (woo hoo!), then it will be time to cook dinner, bath time and bed time. Geesh, a quick day. During nap time I have about 2 hours of work I brought home -- I've been bringing these files home with me every night for over a week and I just don't seem to look at them.

I'll stop back later if I can. Have a great day everyone.

TechAlum
01-23-2007, 10:06 AM
Good morning All,

Sorry, I wasn't around this weekend, sounds like everyone had a busy one. I got dn's quilt finished (I only work well under pressure) and now he has it if he wants to take it back to school with him. Did so-so diet wise and didn't exercise hardly at all, but I was back on track yesterday and hopefully wi tonight will be freindly. Gotta get moving, have to pick my folks up at the airport in an hour, they're flying back from Rio (man are they gonna freeze!!!!).

Vicki - I'm with everyone else try not to stress too much, I know easier said then done :lol: Hope the new meds help.

Kathy - I think it was you complaining about the kids leaving stuff all over, I asked my BIL how he liked being an empty nester when his youngest left for school and he said the best part was "stuff stayed where he put it", I just had to laugh.

Frouf - Hope your lunch goes well. My biggest challenge is always eating out. :^:

Rhonda - "Eat less, Move more" sounds about right to me. Now let's stick to it. :)

Well, gotta go. I need to be ready to pick up those world travelers when their plane lands. I'll try to check back later.

Have a great day everyone.

- Tech

septembersgoal
01-23-2007, 10:29 AM
Morning everyone! :sunny:
I thought I'd come by and tell you about my WW meeting experience last night. I enjoyed it much more than I expected. I didn't like how late it made me getting home, but it was a good experience. I'm thinking about buying a month pass and going for a month straight to get me started off on the right foot. I got all the new stuff and looked at it last night. The new core plan is not as different as I thought, it's basically how I was doing it before.
In one of the booklets it suggests making a turkey salad with thick-cut roasted deli turkey. Do you all think this is a mistake or does it have something to do with the thickness? That seems strange.
But anyway a friend went with me from work and I think we'll probably go back again. There's just something about knowing I'll have to get back on that scale that's quite motivating. Besides the fact that what I weighed last night was my highest weight ever. Talk about depressing.
So how are the rest of you? I'm going to try to catch up a little bit. I'm off work today! :cp:

Froufy
01-23-2007, 10:36 AM
Well I am still salivating about the smoked salmon - and I see on the lunch menu of the place we're going to they do have some sort of smoked salmon under the 'salad' section....hmmmm????

Glad to see I have LOTS OF COMPANY on the "Lose to Cruise" Challenge - ends on March 1st (as I take off on march 2nd!). I figure minimum 6 lbs - to 10 lbs - and see where we can get to!

Tech - more info on the 'world travellers'? Where and when? (inquiring minds want to know!).

Vickie - hang in there - sounds like you are doing the best you can. Congrats on sticking to it despite your challenges!

Rhonda - I agree - break with tradition and bring in a fruit platter! We used to have TONS of food in our office - and I was unfortunately in full view and smell of it. Since we have moved offices - our layout is a bit different - not only do we not have as much daily temptations, but at least when they are out they are not close to me or in my view!

Melissa - congrats on getting back to the meetings! You sound very inspired so I know you will do well!

Ate major 'protein' for breakfast and will have a fruit snack later so I am not starving when we head out for the restaurant lunch. I almost forgot I have my women's group meeting tonight so I will go if dh can pick up dd from dance class tonight - but this means more 'food' in my face - usually there is fresh fruit so I will not nibble on anything else (like the cookies, candies, cakes, etc).

I did not exercise last night (lazy froufie w/the sore toes) and if I"m out tonight won't have time again - so tomorrow I definitely need to hit the treadmill (with bandaged toes?).

Later,

Froufie

septembersgoal
01-23-2007, 11:22 AM
Kathy, I'm so glad that the tests came back okay from the hospital. Try to stay away from that spread! :D I've never had that but it sounds like it's a good thing. I hope you got some good rest last night.

Frouf, 10 pounds sounds great! I'm sure that you can do it, and maybe the rest of us will feel motivated enough to tag along. Of course we don't get the wondering reward that you do! :)

Sandra, hey friend, are you doing okay? You sound tired or down or something. I'm back on the boat gf and I need your help. You know how fickle I am. ;) And you're doing SO wonderful!

Vickie, :hug: It just never ends, does it? I'm thinking about you.

Rhonda, I like your zen philosophy. Sounds like a winner! :D

Niki, welcome back!! We missed you.

Well I'm off to do some Pampered Chef stuff, exercise, walk the pup and get ready for Aaron's concert tonight. I should probably clean up this dirty house too. Oh and I must work on my resume! I've GOT to get a new job (I know I've been saying this as long as you all have known me).

Tejas
01-23-2007, 11:41 AM
Hi All...just saying good morning. :wave: Busy day and no time to write now. Be back tonight....

Rhonda

thingirlinside
01-23-2007, 11:42 AM
Good morning Ladies, it is good to be back. I had a busy morning, I am making Egg Muffins with onions,zucchini & FF cheese and I am also making the Mock Apple Berry for snacks during the week. Count me in for the "Cruise to Lose" challenge, I would love to lose 10lbs by March, I will be 42 on March 10th so I am trying to make 42 my magic number and get all this weight off.

Kathy thank you for the welcome! I must try some smoked salmon, it sounds delicious

Froufy the kiddies are doing great thanks for asking ds has lost his 3rd baby tooth and dd is finally potty trained Yeah!! how are your kids, is your daughter still being a Teenager
We have really lucked out with the weather, it was in the fifties here up to last week, and just a dusting of snow this morning which is already gone. How is the weather in Canada, I bet it is cold.

Vickie hope the meds work for you and you feel better soon

Sandra are you still watching Prison Break & 24, I am addicted to those shows. I see by your stats that you are doing great, good for you!

Hi Paula thank you for the welcome. Don't get discouraged with the scale, when I was weighing myself daily I got different weights each time I went on, it is frustrating but sometimes you lose inches before the weight difference shows, but now I go by how my clothes feel and try not to weigh myself daily.

Good morning Melissa, are you still selling Pampered Chef? The new core program allows you to eat Deli Meat?

Good morning Tech, how you have a good weigh in.

Good morning Rhonda

Gotta go eat my egg muffins, haven't had breakfast yet, check back in a bit.

Katpo
01-23-2007, 12:17 PM
Melissa, are you off work today? It sounds like you've got a busy schedule ahead.

You too, Rhonda. Don't wear yourself out! And you know what? I never realized until you said something about it yesterday that you didn't have children. I guess it just never occurred to me.

I'm supposed to be working, so I'd better get back to it. I'll check back in after while though.

Vickie, hang in there, girl. :hug:

septembersgoal
01-23-2007, 12:40 PM
Yes I'm off work! Today AND tomorrow!! :woo:

ontarget
01-23-2007, 05:05 PM
i'm in!! i definitely need some help, girls. i am finding now that when i cut back, i'm too weak to do what i need to be doing. yesterday i did almost 2 hours :swim:. ate a light dinner :hungry:, lighter bfast this am--then tried to train for about 2 hours. training was almost useless. i didn't have enough strength. so? i'm going to eat better meals--core or close--still keep up with pts--try not to eat anything but fruit between meals.

the "10 lbs off by froufie's cruise" will give me something to focus on. let's do it!!

vickie, i'm glad your doctor is watching you closely. sounds like you have a good one. i hadn't thought of anxiety till froufie mentioned it. that is a possibility. congratulations on staying op. attending those meetings will definitely help; plus, they will lift your spirits.

paula, the tides may be pulling your scales. i think you're wise to flore. you'll see how well you're doing that way.

hi there, tech. wow, your parents went to rio! that's impressive. do you get to travel much with them? did you decide to join the new challenge?

hi there, melissa. i am so happy you went to ww last night. i think you should go for longer than a month. (but what do i know?) i do know that accountability helps me. i'm glad you're off today but am wondering why. are you feeling all right?

you're right. i was down last night. i was having a mini pity party. i call it "mini" cuz i didn't overeat. but i was feeling awfully sorry for myself. i have been losing the same 4 lbs since before thanksgiving. it's time i got busy heading down the scales. remember how last year i whined about having to forget dieting cuz of archery? i've been struggling with that mentality again. i need energy to shoot. i just need to choose wisely. i need your help. let's do this, podna.

frouf, "lose to cruise." okay, now i have the title right so i can start losing. :lol: march 1 is a big day for us, too. we leave for salt lake on march 1 for the big national indoor championship. last year i looked HORRIBLE in what i had to wear. i felt miserably sloppy. not this year!! i'll settle for 6-10, too. sounds like a good idea.

rhonda, i hope you're having a good day. i'll be back later to read what you have to say.

hi there, niki. it's so good to read your posts again. curtis and i are still watching prison break, but we have never gotten in to 24. i'm excited about the "lose to cruise" challenge, aren't you? life is good.

kathy, it's amazing how much we keep learning about each other here on the boards, isn't it? i think i know more about all of you than i do most of my friends who live close to me. all our friendships are growing and growing. makes me smile.

melissa, i just saw where you're off tomorrow, too. are you sure you want a new job?

ontarget
01-23-2007, 05:07 PM
i forgot to give ya'll a weight training report. the lady who's going to teach me and i haven't connected yet. we're still playing phone tag. my last message i left her was that i could meet her either this thurs afternoon or sometime next week.

in the meantime, i'm starting "gentle yoga" today. it's right before :swim: on tues/thurs. i'm going to give it a go.

TechAlum
01-23-2007, 08:05 PM
Good Evening everyone,

Kind of down here, I went to WW and weighed exactly the same as last week. I was really hoping I'd be down at least what I gained last week. I didn't do that bad :(.

Oh well, I really have to get back on track. But at least I still went for a walk when I got home, even if it was not a really long one.

Frouf & Sandra - instead of moving to somewhere warm for their retirement my parents do 2-3 cruises a year, plus a multi-week trip down south mid-winter (Feb/March). We don't usually go with them. Although last winter we went to Fort Lauderdale and stayed with them for a while since they had a 2 bed condo. We joke they're spending our inheritance, but I figure they made it they should enjoy it :lol:

I'm hesitant to join the challenge, because I lose really slow, particularly in winter when I'm not working. But maybe it's the challenge I need.

I just heard dh and the younger dog get back, so time for dinner :D

Have a great night all.

- Tech

ontarget
01-23-2007, 08:38 PM
tech, i lose slowly, too. this challenge isn't a competition among us. it's just a challenge to ourselves to work hard. (at least that's the way i interpret it.) there's no prize for losing other than having the lbs off and the benefits that come with that. give it a thought. we'd love to have you join us.

Tejas
01-23-2007, 09:14 PM
Hi All:

What a day. But, oh, I did some good work. I can't say on such an open board much about what I do, but let's just say that I earned my keep as a union officer today!! :cheer:

SO, I come home late and what! there's take-out pizza on the table. When will DH learn that if he eats it, it should be hidden from me when I get home? Probably never. So, I ate the smallest piece there was. Not CORE, but not feeling too guilty about that. I had been CORE all day long. I got up to get another piece and turned away from it and went right to the 'fridge to get some water. Yea for me!

Sandra, dear cuz....protein must be the answer? Eat more of it and have more energy and strength??? I don't know and don't pretend to really...but, you'll do the right thing.

Now, about who's bringing those cookies to the office: I assure you that I will not affect their habits as much as we know I should. So, I will bring alternatives, as suggested. Thank you for the support. I will do it.

I'm really tired tonight (speaking of who needs more protein!) I'm off to watch the "State of the Union" ( NO comment!)

Rhonda

Katpo
01-23-2007, 09:41 PM
Okay, here's what we should do. We need a thread for "lose to cruise" to keep track of our challenge.

I have a few more days of pitas with turkey and swiss for lunch, and after that I'm going STRICTLY ALL CORE. This will be eggs and milk for breakfast, fruit for snack, tuna salad (or smoked salmon, my new favorite food) for lunch, popcorn for snack, and beans/rice and some sort of vegetable for dinner. That will be what I have for the month of February.

Watching American Idol now; afterwards the President has a State of the Union address. I hear he's going to talk about how strong America is, the state of the war on terror and whether Paula Abdul really was drunk during those TV interviews.

:rofl:

thingirlinside
01-23-2007, 09:52 PM
Good one Kathy, I got a good chuckle out of that!!

I am also watching Idol

ontarget
01-23-2007, 10:02 PM
rhonda, kudos for passing on that 2nd slice. alternative snacks at work is a good idea. i'm surfing now looking for ideas. well-balanced diet eaten in small servings throughout the day looks like the most popular.

kathy, we do need a thread. are you or frouf going to start one? i'm going to keep at the sweetheart challenge, too. can't hurt.

i'd forgotten about ai. oh, well, guess i'll keep surfing for awhile longer.

Katpo
01-23-2007, 10:17 PM
I think Ms. Frouf should start it -- but in her honor, I have a haiku.

I'm getting in shape
for a cruise I will not take.
This one's for you, Frouf.

;)

ontarget
01-24-2007, 09:27 AM
kathy, you're a hoot. that's cute.

i'm up early this am and have decided to go to :swim: in a few minutes. we have league tonight but i think with my "power eating" today, i'll have enough strength to do :swim: along with shooting.

so where is everyone this am? i'm not up that early, am i?

Tejas
01-24-2007, 10:23 AM
Hi:

I was up at 6AM and, except for the hour I spent with coffee and the newspaper, I have been working ever since. The email traffic in university life is astounding. I have spent almost all the time reading and deleting emails.

I've got an easy day in terms of not having to be in too many meetings, and not until later today. Then, I'm having dinner out at an Italian restaurant with colleagues. That's going to be tough, but it's a good restaurant and might well have some meat dishes instead of everything being pasta.

I'm walking the dogs as usual, then I'm getting out the WW :exercise: DVD.

Have a great day everyone. Have fun swimming and shooting, Sandra.

Rhonda

thingirlinside
01-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Good morning ladies, I have been up since 7am but can't really get on till after I get my ds on the school bus and give dd her breakfast. Not much going on here today, will try to do my watp dvd after I tidy up my house and do laundry(what Joy :p ) I have been doing well staying op just got to get more excercise in.
Going to get my day started and will check back often.

Have a good day
Niki

blessedwithsarah
01-24-2007, 10:57 AM
Hi all, after a busy day yesterday its good to be back to work! :) What I realized yesterday is that I WANT TO GO TO SUMMER CAMP! The camp was great and Sarah will spend 3 days/week for 6 weeks there. They do swimming twice a day, lessons in the morning and open swim in the afternoon, then the other activities include gynmastics, drama, music, arts&crafts, ropes (not sure what that is), nature walks ect.... The preschool kids are for the most part separated from the older kids, but they do a buddy time where older campers pair up with a younger group. Overall I had a very good feeling about it.

Food wise I did very well yesterday -- drank my tub full of water. The scale is down today and I AM GOING TO WI. Its too easy for me to skip and slide backwards. I'm also committing to writing everything down starting today and figuring out the points.

I'm in on the frouf lose to cruise. I'm not going to say 10 pds, I'll try for 5. I also need to be more realistic on my goals. When I set them to high I get discouraged too easy and backslide.

I'll BBL, go to run to a meeting.

septembersgoal
01-24-2007, 11:49 AM
Ladies! I must tell you about yesterday.
We were driving to Knoxville because Aaron had a concert at a church down there. To make a long story short the car overheated, we had to pull off on an exit where there was nothing (literally, nothing--it's called Stinking Creek Road), and wait an hour and a half for a tow. Unfortunately they would only tow it for free to the nearest Hyundai dealership, which is in Knoxville (about 3 hours from home), but it was free. God really took care of us, because we were only about 1/2 an hour from where we used to live and Aaron just happened to have a friend's # in his phone. He pulled up just as the tow truck was finishing loading our car. He drove us back to the town where he lives and Aaron's parents came to get us from there. So that was my evening! Oh and I smashed my index finger in the car door (it was numb from being out in the cold for so long and I really didn't know it was there) and now my fingernail is black! But like I said God really took care of us; it wasn't nearly as cold as it could have been and the timing of everyone helping us out was amazing. Now we just have to figure out what's wrong with the car (pray we didn't destroy the engine), pick it back up, and somehow manage to pay for it. Oh the joy!

Sandra, I was off today and yesterday because of Aaron's concert and traveling. And yes, trust me, I definitely need a new job. This one is (I think perhaps literally) killing me. I remember you had this eating trouble last season, I hope that you can find a good balance and not deprive yourself. :hug:

Kathy, I like your haiku. :lol:

FIL is having hernia surgery today so I've got to get moving. I need to exercise and eat first. I'll bbl!

thingirlinside
01-24-2007, 12:29 PM
Oh boy I just got some sucky news. I have this really good neighbor behind me, we have been friends for almost seven years, our sons grew up together since they were 3 months and are the best of friends. Well her husband has taken a job in Albany and they are moving! My son adores his friend they play about 5x a week and they have sleepovers all the time. How am I going to break the news to him that his best friend is going to move 4hrs away. It tears at my heart to know what his reaction is going to be, my son is a very sensitive child, he bawls at cartoons if they are mushy or sad. I am going to miss them very much, they are close to us but I will accept it, I don't know about my son, the minute he steps of the school bus before he even says hello mommy, he asks if his friend can come over and play. Boy am I ever dreading this, I will explain to him they will still be friends and we will visit and spend weekends with them, they can talk on the phone & email each other. Wish me luck, I am not going to tell him until they have actually sold their house.

TechAlum
01-24-2007, 12:45 PM
Morning Ladies,

Sandra - I understood the challenge, but it's more like what Paula said and I don't want to set myself up for disappointment, 'cause that'd just give me another excuse to eat. Also, someone mentioned protein to help sustain energy, I have to say that's what my leader suggested when I first switched to core and it works if I do it.

Rhonda - Oooo! Italian, my favorite, but definitely easy to overdo. Good Luck!

Niki - with you on the cleaning and laundry, thought it was about time to finish packing away the Christmas stuff :eek:

Paula - Sounds like fun, can I go to summer camp with you???????????? I'm sure you're daughter will have a blast.

Mellisa - Glad you're ok, why do we always breakdown in the middle of nowhere? Is it one of Murphy's Law's?

Well, I'd better get moving if I'm going to get my chores done. :crossed: I can stay OP better this week :o .

- Tech

Froufy
01-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Kathy - LOVED the haiku - how very creative of you - yes I will get the Lose to Cruise thread going for everyone who is helping me out and joining the 'battle'!!!

Niki - how very sad! I know your ds will be upset - but you have to make sure he can stay in touch and get together.

Rhonda - I had pizza too for dinner (like I had 1/2 hour at home last night before heading out again).....but only one slice then FILLED up on tons of salad.

Okay Melissa - call me crazy but anyplace called 'Stinking Creek Road' can't be any good and should be avoided at all costs. Looks like you were well taken care of tho! How is your finger? Sounds pretty nasty and hope it isn't causing you too much pain?

Sandra - how was the w a ? So what 'protein' did you ingest today?

I am still up on the scale (all the more reason for the 'challenge!" and getting a bit discouraged! Had smoked salmon salad yesterday at our lunch out - while everyone around me INHALED these big juicy burgers covered w/mushrooms, cheese and bacon and fries (and even poutine: local 'recipe' - which is fries smothered in gravy with cheese curd thrown in - can we say 'artery blocking"?).

At the meeting last night I had a handful of nuts, 1 cookie and some decaf - I guess I need to pump up the exercise or something? Planning to go on the treadmill tonight!

Bitter cold here and getting colder - makes you want to stay home and curl up somewhere warm!

Frouf

Katpo
01-24-2007, 02:16 PM
Oh Niki that is heartbreaking for your son. I hope he takes it better than you are anticipating. My SIL and her family lived in Schenectady and I loved visiting them. BIL worked for Albany Molecular (he's a research PhD chemist) but they moved to Montana a few years ago. He took a job with SmithKline. Okay, like anyone cares. :lol: Anyway, good luck with breaking the news.

We had our monthly birthday lunch just now and it was good. The theme was "healthy" and everyone pretty much complied. I brought vegetables; there was also fruit, low-fat taco salad, roasted cauliflower, zucchini quiche, some chicken/cabbage salad ... stuff like that. Someone made a dish that was frozen fruit, then lowfat vanilla yogurt on top, and granola sprinkled on it. It was great! I could do that with FF vanilla yogurt (not Core but only 1 pt if I used the WW brand) and instead of granola, maybe toast some oatmeal with brown sugar splenda or something like that. Granola is pretty high calorie.

BBL ... gotta do some stuff real quick.

ontarget
01-24-2007, 05:37 PM
hi there, chickies. i just finished cleaning the kitchen after cooking bfast, going shopping, and cooking lunch. curtis and i should be "fueled" for tonight. i am feeling a nap coming on, though.

rhonda, some days it takes me forever to finish emails, too, but that's a good problem for me. keeps me in touch with folks. have a good time tonight. i've seen you eat out, you'll do great.

niki, i tried some different energy snacks today. i mean i bought them. i tasted a couple. i have some of them packed for tonight. curtis doesn't like all of them. one i bought was red hot. he got burned. we won't be taking that for archery tournaments. we'd prob get cayenne in our eyes and not be able to see the target at all. :hot: oh, well.

paula, i think you're right about too high of goals. i'm going to go change mine. thank you for the idea.

melissa, you and aaron had quite an adventure yesterday. i'm glad all's working out okay for you. that place sounds like it could have been scarey and remote. i'm working hard on staying op. we had a lot of veggies for lunch along with baked chicken breast. guess i'd better go post it. right now, i'm a little sleepy. curtis is napping now. he has either a cold or allergies. we don't know which. i'm guessing allergies. he was putting some glue on my new arrows and it was strong smelling. thank goodness he's finished doing that.

tech, i just read paula's post and have changed my challenge goal. you're right. i want to succeed. i don't need any excuses to overeat. i struggle with that all the time.

frouf, i'm feeling stuffed right now. i had some roasted chicken breast, veggies, and fruit. i'll go post it in a sec. i'm keeping up with the pts but am doing mainly core. i hope eating this much works for me.

w a was fairly gentle this morning. the afternoon classes i normally attend are much more strenuous and with combining that with the extra hot hot tub, i come home exhausted. this am i came home feeling good. plus, i didn't hot tub. i'm going to take a nap and maybe later do some :ebike: before we leave tonight for league. i think i'll be all right. time will tell. if all goes well, i'm going to do am w a on wed from now on till league ends.

kathy, that lunch sounds good. i know you enjoyed it.

Katpo
01-24-2007, 08:54 PM
OMG! I hate to be such a spoiled brat, but the TiVo box won't turn on and I'm going to have to go in the bedroom to watch American Idol. Tsk tsk ... can you think of a worse fate? :lol:

Judd has gone to a movie and will no doubt fix it when he gets home. Meanwhile, here I sit with a grey screen and no picture.

Bath has been taken, kitchen is clean and dishes are washing. Since he went to the movie he won't be eating dinner (popcorn substitutes for it). The evening should be relatively quiet except for mopping by the back door where you-know-who tracked in mud. I swear, I'm going to buy that dog some shoes.

Other than that, I'm good to go.

Oh, and my pick to go to the finals of AI? Melinda Doolittle. She is AWESOME! I went to her vocal coach's website and saw who all the coach has coached (Josh Turner, Taylor Swift for all you country music fans) and then Barnes & Noble has like 20 albums where she is in the credits. She is a gospel/blues type, sorta like Paris Bennett but a little older and much better. Mark my words, this Melinda Doolittle will go far. FAR, I say. Really far.

Katpo out. ;)

Tejas
01-24-2007, 10:46 PM
Hi Folks:

I've read the posts...so nice to read what everyone's got to say. But, I'm really tired tonight and am just going to say good night. The Italian place was very good. I had salad and fish.

Rhonda

Katpo
01-24-2007, 10:54 PM
Rhonda, girl, you oughta figure out a way to take it easy. I know that's probably not possible, but still ...

Judd got home, figured out the TiVo problem, and now we're watching AI. I made his brown rice / packaged up his chicken and rice for tomorrow. I made my scrambled egg, baked potato, and have everything else ready to go.

I think I'll stay up tonight and do internet surfing and play some games. I only have to work 9-1/2 hours tomorrow and then will be off Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Yippee!! But the customer (Air Force) will be in next week so I must use the weekend to get my dress clothes together, and then after they're gone they'll leave us with a mess of things to fix, so the overtime will start over. I will enjoy the downtime until then.

Tejas
01-25-2007, 09:41 AM
Morning:

What's this? Kathy giving advice on slowing down! ;) Your schedule exhausts the rest of us just to read :lol:

I've never figured out how people (women) do it all. I guess you all know the research that says we are all sleep deprived and that women work the equivalent of one month longer every year than do men.

Allow me a public thanks to my mother: I grew up in small town Texas in the 1950's. My parents worked full -time outside the home. It was very unusual for women with children to work outside the home then, but my mother did. Our home was clean and organized. My mother taught me all the domestic skills, that a woman could do whatever she decided she could do, that she shouldn't let anyone do her deciding for her, and, in the words of Etta James and other great women blues singers, "it ain't nobody's business if I do."

I often wonder about how my mother did it all, and how did she do it with the grace she had? She also moved right into retirement with no glitches, began to have parties for the Grandmother's club members, and took formal piano and organ lessons. I don't always have the grace she did about life's trials, but I'm certainly going to move into retirement easily!!

Back to "eat less, move more." I'm staying home for the morning (don't worry, I'm working!) and have meetings in the afternoon. But, these meetings won't have cookies because the department is tired of paying exorbitant prices to the caterer and nobody's baking. I'll do one of my :exercise: tapes and call it a day.

It's frigid here today: 10F (about -12C)

Rhonda

Froufy
01-25-2007, 11:08 AM
It's EXTRA frigid here, like minue 30C with the wind chill - which translates to -22Fl - which is still incomprehnsible - let's just say it's @#$@#$@ cold here today :D

Kathy - I agree - you are one of the most organized and busiest people I know - a role model to the rest of us - do enjoy your 'down time'.

Rhonda - sounds like you got some much needed rest? Good choices at the restaurant too!

Got home to a CLEAN HOUSE last night - cleaning lady day! Ended up sending little ds up to his room - as he was a whining machine! So dh and I had a quiet dinner - I was planning to treadmill (to American Idol of course) but starting getting hints of a major headache/migraine! Not sure why? Very strange - by 8 pm I had taken some ES tylenol and in bed in my jammies watching TV - and this is a RARITY FOR FROUFS! I hardly ever do that!

Good news is I did end up going to bed earlier than usual (around 10:30 probably?) - but was up at 6 am - didn't get out of bed til 7:15 - then the usual grind.

On a course this afternoon out of the office - so will cab it there and back - but it will still be @#$#$ cold going outdoors! Dh out jamming tonight (gig tomorrow) and I will be doing chauffeur duty for dd's dance class - I will dread the return trip - heading out at 9:15 pm - as it will be even colder - need to warm up the car first!...and maybe have a hot coffee on the way!

...and I MUST EXERCISE TONIGHT!!! RIGHT??

Frouf

P.S. Good article here! http://www.chatelaine.com/english/health/article.jsp?content=20050207_131555_5156&page=5

thingirlinside
01-25-2007, 11:10 AM
Good morning Ladies! Well the cat is out of the bag, my ds got off the school bus yesterday afternoon and was wailing, his friend decided to break the news that he is moving. I wish he hadn't, I wanted to break it to him gently and not at this time, they still need to sell their house and find a place to live which could be several months from now. It too me about 2 hours to calm him down, I had a good talk with him and made him understand that they will still be friends and will still see each other, just not as much as they do now. He is too sweet, he says to me god makes things happen right, I am going to pray to god so hard that he makes him not move. He made me cry, it really broke my heart to see my little boy this upset, he was wailing and sobbing so hard :( He will be ok, I am in touch with a few moms from his kindergarten class and his class now and I will set up play dates so he will have more friends to play with.

Kathy, AI had some freaky auditions in New York, that Ian was really weird and creepy. I have a tivo I got for christmas that I will probably return, I already have the cable box that is a dvr or does it do other things beside record movies.

Rhonda I also give my mom alot of credit, she was working full time and taking care of 4 children, even at the age of 66 she still goes into Manhattan everyday for work. Very strong independent woman.

TechAlum
01-25-2007, 11:14 AM
Morning Ladies,

As usual I'm procrastinating getting started for the day. Just not a morning person AT ALL! I'm proud of myself, yesterday I went to Curves even though I really didn't want too, and then went out with friends from work at a pizza place, and even though I was really hungry (I'd skipped lunch :( ) I only had a salad and one glass of wine, and then came home and made chicken w/leeks and mushrooms and broccoli for dinner :D.

It's really frigid here too it's 17*F right now and supposed to fall all day :eek:. I'm supposed to walk today (Curves MWF and walk TTS) but I don't know. I have to go into work, so maybe I'll stay and walk around the museum it's .8 mi around, so 4 laps ought to do it. I've done that before, it's a nice indoor place to walk.

All you guys make me tired with your schedules! Makes me remember when I worked in the real world, and doesn't make me want to go back although my bank balance says I really should (not to mention DH).

Well, I should probably get moving.

- Tech

thingirlinside
01-25-2007, 11:15 AM
Good morning froufy we must have been posting at the same time, wow that is really cold, I am dreading tomorrow which is suppose to be 18F but then we will go up in the 30's, I think there is an artic blast for tomorrow. This morning we had a little snow it is all gone now, really lucked out with the snow this year, (SO FAR). I Must also exercise today, I did do 50 crunches last night with ds he thought it was fun.

Katpo
01-25-2007, 11:22 AM
Happy morning to you all! It's going to be a great day, I can just tell!!

Frouf, I laughed at the whining machine comment. Boy howdy, do I ever know what you're talking about! :lol: And I do NOT miss those days at all! I'm just glad my "baby" is almost 21 and gone, although of course I miss her.

They're calling me -- must go for a while, but I shall be back later.

Froufy
01-25-2007, 12:58 PM
Ya well the whining machine was sent upstairs WITHOUT DINNER - then eventually came to visit 'daddy' (he knows Dad is a bigger suck than Mom and will let him get away w/things). The real wailing began when I told him we had plans to go to dinner then to a (kiddie) movie he wanted to see - well what a fountain that caused. Such dramatic carrying on! What a great actor!

My favorite is when he said he had 'already learned his lesson' (after being in his room for about 1 hour) - which was I asked? "not to whine so much" - told him we might 'try again' another night - but at least I nipped this in the bud. He didn't seem too happy with me!:D:D

Time for lunch!

Frouf

blessedwithsarah
01-25-2007, 01:26 PM
Hello all. Well I did wi yesterday, stayed the same again. Not sure what is going on - I'm sticking to plan. I did decided to flore. Last night I wrote down everything I had yesterday and my plan for today and figured out the points. Per the new materials, I should be at 25 pts a day. Guess what, my food only had come to about 18 pts. Hmm, thats a problem. I do eat during the day but alot of veggies and fruit. So, I added cottage cheese to breakfast and some soup with my lunch. I have not been eating alot of protein in the morning. So that will be one change. Lets see what next week brings.

Frouf, yes, we will ALL exercise tonight! I added a bit to my nightly walk. Its now over a mile, I'll add one more telephone pole over the next few nights.

Kathy, bravo on the healthy lunch! Its great everyone joined in. We have a department lunch tomorrow. I'm bringing a big salad that I know I'll be able to eat. Its a potluck, so I figure worse case I have salad and nothing else. I'll also bring a can of soup, just in case!

Niki, sorry to hear about your son's freind moving. It heart breaking to have our kids dissapointed.

I'm off to make a new ticker for the frouf challenge. BBL.

aghiowa
01-25-2007, 04:28 PM
Hi all! I did well at weigh-in last night...down 1.2. :D Makes me happy, because now I only have 2.4 to go till I'm to my WW "goal" and I'm back at Lifetime (which = no paying). I just have to make sure I keep with it this week.

Middle dd is home from school again today, sick, with coughing, fever, the works. I know little dd is going to get it soon too...I see it in her eyes. I predict Friday night or Saturday. Sometimes I hate knowing everything. :rolleyes: :lol:

Angela

ontarget
01-25-2007, 05:05 PM
hi there. i'm taking some time out before :yoga: and :swim:. i love to type those things. my weight was down 1.5 lbs from yesterday so i can eat, shoot, and lose. life is good.

i don't have much time here, so i'll type fast. we're leaving directly from ww in the am for bozeman. i won't be online till sun evening at the earliest. i want all of you to know i'm thinking of you and wishing you a wildly wonderful weekend.

kathy, is she the one who is a backup singer with little self-confidence (so far). i like her, too.

rhonda, i miss your perkiness. you must have been really really tired last night. we had fish today. i'm trying for at least 3 x per week.

what wonderful memories you have of your mother. your post made me remember mine, too. thank you for bringing back those memories.

frouf, tech, and rhonda, our weather is moderate right now. lots of folks out taking walks today. i hope you get some warmer weather soon. been there done that. we nearly froze a couple of weeks ago. in fact, one lady said her hair froze to her stocking cap on her way home from w a and she was driving.

frouf, i'm glad you nipped that headache before it got you down. okay, now you can :exercise:

niki, that's so sad about ds. bless his heart. i'm glad you're lining up playdates for him. that will help.

:woohoo: angela!! i am so happy for you. it'll be great not having to pay any more. way to go, girl.

well, i need to make a "lose to cruise" ticker. see ya later.

Katpo
01-25-2007, 05:38 PM
Sometimes I hate knowing everything.
Angela
You're a mom! You're supposed to know everything! :lol:

However, I'm sorry to hear that you're going to go thru this round of sickness. I hope they don't have it for too long.

And congratulations on the loss!! Woohoo! I'm sure you were really excited!!

We just found out that our opening day is on April 6, which is Good Friday (so some in our group won't be able to have hotdogs) but worse than that, it's a school holiday and lots of people will be off work. Tickets will go FAST! Luckily, we've already got ours ... individual ticket sales start Mar. 2 but our friend bought 2 seats of season tickets, and another friend bought a mini-plan right next to him. The second friend can't go and the first friend with 2 seats bought them so he could always take someone. He's not married and doesn't have a girlfriend. Anyway, those will be ours.

It's nearly time to go home!! YAY!!

Katpo
01-25-2007, 05:48 PM
Sorry, Sandra. It was taking me forever to type that post because I was doing work in between, so I didn't see what you said until just now.

Yes, she's the backup singer. I can't wait to see what she does in Hollywood.

Tejas
01-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Hi Folks:

I'm home late again, but I'm making Garlicky Red Beans and Pork from WW cookbook. It smells delicious; can hardly wait 'til it's done.

Good work Angela! And, Niki, that was a sweet story about your son praying for divine intervention. I'm sorry he has to hurt right now.

BBL,
Rhonda

Froufy
01-25-2007, 09:57 PM
Okay so it took me awhile to figure you are talking about some 'sporting event' right Kathy? (what opening day? hotdogs? seats? guess it's not a new mall or anything like that? :D)

I am here to report that I have SUCCESSFULLY completed 45 minutes on the treadmill @ 3.3mph - yippee - with vaseline on my toes no less - greasy socks (:D) but otherwise okay! I am freezing now and need to go warm up again!

Determined NOT to go downstairs to the kitchen where food will most likely fly into my mouth!

Good news is dh needed my van to transport his drums from the practice home to the bar tomorrow so I was able to convince him to drop dd off and pick her up from dance class - so I don't have to go out at all tonight!

Angela - congrats on your fabulous loss - and I bet you also have eyes in the back of your head don't you?

Rhonda - enjoy your dinner - I bet you will have great LO for lunch or dinner tomorrow!

Trying for an early night again? I have a HORRIBLE day at work tomorrow. I was on a course out of the office all afternoon, but around 11 am right before lunch my manager calls me in and assigns me this REPORT to write - on the creation of my uniit - like before and after with values/contracting info, impacts, weaknesses, challenges and details on all the contracts in the past 2 years including bureau info, drug names, value etc - oh ya and did I mention she wants this done by END OF DAY TOMORROW? Yes I have cancelled all my meetings already and done some of the research and printed off some old presentations. And I have assigned my staff to get all the contracting details ready.

Hope I survive!

Frouf

ontarget
01-25-2007, 09:59 PM
rhonda, :nose: i can smell those beans!! you're making me hungry. :hungry:

kathy, i feel stupid for asking but what opening day are you excited about. never mind. i just figured it out. it must be baseball. i think that girl is going to do well, too. america is going to love her sweet personality--and she can sing!!

i had a good time at :yoga: and :swim: (gee i love making those cute things.) we just finished dinner and i have made my "todo" list for the trip tomorrow. now i have a few minutes to "chill." guess i'll do some surfing.

frouf, :headache: i hope you get some rest tonight and can get through that project. :chin: it sounds like you have everyone already organized and working on it.

vickie, i'm sending you some :cheers: i hope your week's going well.

melissa, what's up, buddy? did you have a good day?

Katpo
01-25-2007, 10:01 PM
Hey, all! I'm also home (finally!) and cooking.

Well, I looooove coleslaw, so I went online today looking for a FF dressing. Of course, the bottled ones aren't sold in this area (Jimmy's, Walden Farms, etc.) so I had to find a recipe. I found one that had FF mayo, apple cider vinegar, splenda, celery seed and a little bit of dijon mustard. I'm going to adapt it to use FF Miracle Whip, no splenda, still put the vinegar and mustard and celery seed. I think it'll be good. So now I'm also making a pork tenderloin to slice and keep on hand for lunches next week, and some shrimp to add to the coleslaw so there'll be a little protein thrown in. Sounds like a plan, huh?

I have to work 5 hours tomorrow to finish out my 40 and wipe out the vacation time I had to add on Monday to make up for being at the hospital. I don't care though; there's nothing else going on. Judd is going to the doctor (finally) in the morning because he's had this cold for nearly 3 weeks and it seems to be lingering. I hope they yell at him for waiting so long.

Core seems to be working for me so far, and I'm having no shortage of foods to choose from. The coleslaw is really going to be great, because it's so low calorie and low fat, and filling when I add in the protein. The pork tenderloin (which is peppercorn flavored) is just so good, and I have those single-serving Green Giant broccoli/cheese things to go with it. Have you all seen this? If not, check it out (http://www.bettycrocker.com/Products/Green-Giant/green-giant-news.htm). They are 60 calories, 3g fat, and 2g fiber. It'll be a great thing to add to my dinners of either very lean hamburger patties, fish, or tenderloin. I'm jazzed, just in case you couldn't tell!

Well, Grey's Anatomy is on so I have to scoot! I really hope everybody is having the best day of the week so far.

Katpo
01-25-2007, 10:02 PM
Frouf and Sandra, you are both too funny! My summer life revolves around Rangers baseball, so yes ... I'm talking about the opening day of the TEXAS RANGERS! And we play Boston, which is going to be awesome!!!

ontarget
01-25-2007, 10:10 PM
kathy, your slaw sounds good, too. let us know how it turns out. i haven't watched grey's anatomy. i don't know if we'll watch much tv tonight or not. curtis is still working on our arrows and i'm about to start packing. (after i surf a bit)

Tejas
01-25-2007, 10:40 PM
It is 4.2 F here. 'nuf said!

Good night.

Rhonda

ontarget
01-25-2007, 10:44 PM
wow!

Katpo
01-25-2007, 11:24 PM
Four degrees shouldn't even be legal. Good grief, Rhonda!!!

I had about 1/3 jar of FF Miracle Whip, so I started pouring in apple cider vinegar, shaking, pouring more, shaking ... until it was a fairly thin and good-tasting dressing. Then I put some of the cabbage in a bowl, poured some dressing over it, added my shrimp and some celery seed, stirred it up and am good to go! This should last most of the next week for lunches; and for dinner I will have the pork tenderloin and broccoli. I'm a happy kid!

Grey's was very good tonight. I must say, it's my favorite show of all time. I can't think of a TV show in the last 50 years that I've liked as much, and looked forward to like I do this one. I'll definitely have this entire series, no matter how many seasons, on DVD. I love it.

Getting ready for bed now. Bindy and I are up in our little room; she's looking out the window and will hopefully put her head down soon. She hates it when I have the light and TV on. I guess I should give her a break and turn everything (except the computer, of course) off.

See you tomorrow!

Tejas
01-26-2007, 07:29 AM
Morning:

Well, now it's 3 F. I haven't checked Ottawa's weather, but Frouf might be even colder. Yesterday the car just died when DH was in the grocery store. He then walked home (about a mile) carrying bags of groceries in 15 F weather. He didn't even think about taxis! :yikes:

I'll go out to Pilates this morning, being driven by one of the other women. Maybe it will be up to 6 F by then ;) There will no dog walked this morning; they have a backyard!

It seems that one can count on January, for certain.

I've taken fruit into the office by the way. That should help with the cookie temptation. At least I'll be embarrassed to eat cookies if there is an alternative.

I'm going to get my afghan and curl up with coffee and the newspaper for a while.

BBL

Rhonda

Katpo
01-26-2007, 10:51 AM
Wow, Rhonda, you should be snuggled up in a warm blankie instead of up at 5:30 in the morning! :hug: Bless your heart.

I'm at work until noon or so, then have a bunch of errands to do. I guess I'd better get busy. Everybody have a good day!

Froufy
01-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Well, now it's 3 F. I haven't checked Ottawa's weather, but Frouf might be even colder.

Brrrrrr - definitely colder here! Like -24C with the wind chill which translates to BELOW ZERO F - very below, like minus 15F - is that for real? No wandering outside at all today that's for sure! Dh has his gig tonight and I just might consider staying warm and cozy at home! (besides I should exercise again right?)

Rhonda - sounds like you are comfy and warm! Stay indoors if you can!

Kathy - that coleslaw sounds yummy - I think I shall hunt down the coleslaw stuff and see what I can mix up!

Sandra - have fun this weekend!

Niki - how is your ds doing? I hope he is feeling a bit better and can take this all in stride - eventually! I think it's a great idea to line up more playdates with other kids so maybe he won't feel it as much when his pal moves away.

Scale was a bit more cooperative this morning - the trick is to stay on the downward trend and not be foolling around with the same pound as I have been this week - geez! Maybe the exercise last night helped? (and avoiding the kitchen afterwards even tho I went to bed a bit hungry!).

I did not bring my lunch today - which is very rare! So I shall wander downstairs and pick up a salad or something - maybe chicken caesar - no dressing and use the ff ranch I have here at work? Have some boneless/skinless chicken breasts for dinner - have asked dh to slice them and marinate them in lemon/garlic marinade - so yummy I can't wait for dinner!

Frouf

Tejas
01-26-2007, 12:22 PM
Hi All:

Well, Frouf, it was -30 C here last night with the wind chill. Right now, it's 10.7 F (or about -12 C). No matter the details; it's just too cold.

I'm back from an hour of Pilates and feel really good. I can feel the motivation to move creeping back.

And, now I'm moving away from the :comp: to the kitchen to rustle up some grub.

Rhonda

blessedwithsarah
01-26-2007, 12:31 PM
BRRR -- this morning I looked at the thermometor, I thought it said 38, but then I realized it was 3.8! Not sure what it is now, should only get to 10 or so. Thankfully in the Boston area, this type of cold only lasts a few days. We should be back in the 20s next week.

I have a food challenge today - we are doing a beer swap and pot luck lunch with my team. No, we won't be drinking the beer here! I brought a salad that is core, hopefully there are some other core like things I can eat. Worse case I'll just eat my salad.

I have to do some cooking this weekend - my frozen lunch supply is gone. Hmm, coleslaw is a definate - I make a warm dressing that is very yummy. I'll also make some soup for lunches next week. Seems like the right time of year for soup, or maybe a core stew.....I need to look through some recipes. I still have stuff to make a salmon casserol, I should make that as well.

Off to read, bbl.

thingirlinside
01-26-2007, 12:46 PM
Good morning ladies, it is brutal here, the temperature today is 11F with a wind chill of -5f to -10f with wind gust up 25 miles. It is suppose to go up into the 30's next week, I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Kathy that slaw sounds delicious I am going to have to make some. I also loves Greys Anatomy, wow I couldn't believe the proposals.

Rhonda stay warm!

Froufy ds seems to coping with the situation ok, when the time comes I am sure he will be upset again. I did line up a playdate for him on Thursday and I am going to call another mom today. Tomorrow is his best friends birthday and he and 3 other little boys are going to sleep over, so he is really excited about that.

Gotta go see if I can defrost my car, my windshield is a sheet of ice. Talk about ice,last night my ds wanted the Grease soundtrack from my minivan so I venture out in the dark with my clogs on(foolish) just to go to the car. Well all along the side of the van was a sheet of ice that I did not see, so me wearing my clogs(smart) went flying and thank goodness landed on my knees. Now if anybody was watching they would of been hysterical because I could not get up, my clogs kept slipping on the ice, so I had to crawl out off the ice. Needless to say I will not be wearing my clogs anymore till spring. My dh also has a camera in front of our house that is positioned to film the driveway area, he starts laughing when I tell him and he says he is going to see if it is on the tape. Men, you gotta love em.

TechAlum
01-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Well Good Afternoon (it's 12:03)

Sounds like you people east of here have what we had yesterday. It was a high of 20 and falling all afternoon. We tried to take the dogs for a walk before dinner, got thru about a quarter of our usual walk, and turned into the wind :eek: and the dogs started limping from cold feet, so we turned back home. Ending up with about 1/2 our usual walk oh well, it's better than nothing and definitely better than frost bite :lol:.

Baking spiced squash for a squash and apple soup and man does the house smell good. It's a new recipe, and I can't wait to try it.

Niki - So do you think they'll say yes? I don't know, it's interesting.

Sandra - Hope you did well at your shoot.

Kathy - took me a minute to figure out the baseball too. I only get to a couple of games a year, and last year tickets were harder to come by with the Tigers doing well. It's kind of a catch 22.

Frouf - hope you succeed in staying indoors and warm today.

Rhonda - I'm impressed that people get up early to exercise, not for me.

Paula - what's in the salmon casserole? I have some salmon that my BIL gave me after he went fishing and don't know what to do with it since I usually don't like salmon, but it hurts his feelings if I turn it down.

Well time to finish my soup.

-Tech

Katpo
01-26-2007, 02:46 PM
We are baseball-immersed all summer; probably average going to at least one game per week. It helps that our office is two blocks away from the park; we can keep our cars at work and walk. I am so excited that I can't stand it!!

Hey, speaking of Grey's, how about Richard's wife coming to the door? I felt so bad for him!! The proposals were exciting and I think both will accept. I hope I'm right, anyway.

Judd's parents called him this morning and said they wanted to take us shopping this afternoon for a new recliner. As soon as he gets here (he's at the gym) we're leaving for Fort Worth to go furniture shopping. They are too good to us.

Please don't hit me for saying that our high today will be in the mid-60s. It's very sunny out, but rain is forecast for tonight and tomorrow. We'll see about that.

Froufy
01-26-2007, 04:21 PM
My dh also has a camera in front of our house that is positioned to film the driveway area, he starts laughing when I tell him and he says he is going to see if it is on the tape.

Niki - poor you - I can just picture you scrambling as you try to get up and away from the ice! I think you should send the tape in to "America's funniest videos' - may be worth some $$? :D

Kathy - I can't even imagine 60 degrees right now - please enjoy it for me! I am so looking forward to some sunshine in only 35 DAYS!!! People will think I"m crazy as I run around in the sun smiling like a lunatic - with no coat or boots to worry about! YIPPEEE!!!

Tech - glad you and the dogs made it home - way too cold to be out too long - that spiced squash sounds divine - let us know how it turns out!

I am hungry now to nibble something - making tea instead - and trying to finish this @#$@#$#$ report which I know my boss won't like - so I shall revise on Monday - something to look forward to (NOT!)

My goal is to finish up and get out of here by 4:30 pm - dh has to leave at 6 pm for his gig and I have decided to stay home - warm and cozy - just me, my treadmill and my tv - ha ha ha. Planning for another 45 min 'walk' tonight - wish me luck!

Frouf

Vickie
01-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Hey Chicks. I just wanted to share the news that broke my heart this morning. My best friend Cindy died. She just couldn't fight the Leukemia any more. Her family and Jim and I are devastated. She was surrounded by her family when she died this morning around 4:30 a.m.

I already miss her so badly. I can't believe that I'm never going to be able to talk to her again....ever. She was my best friend for 27 years. We met when she was 18 and I was 23. Here's a picture of us back in 1991 when she stood up with me for my wedding. She's on the left for those of you who don't know me. She was a wonderful Woman who always had that big bright smile on her face.

thingirlinside
01-26-2007, 07:34 PM
Vickie I am so sorry for your lost, my heart goes out to You, Jim & Cindy's family.
:hug:

Katpo
01-26-2007, 08:12 PM
Oh, Vickie, I am so sorry. SO sorry. :hug: She was such a fighter and I know she knew how much you loved her. I will be remembering you all in the coming days.

I know what you mean about not being able to talk to her. When my sister died, I was so lost. I couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, couldn't think. We had been close for our entire lives -- I was 45 and she was 47 -- and there wasn't a week that went by where we didn't talk, whether just to chat or ask for a recipe or complain about this or that. The first anniversary of her death was even harder. i didn't want it to come because it meant that I was moving that much farther away from her. I'm not sure why I'm telling you this except to tell you that I understand, and that even though you move on, you'll never be the same. I truly believe that people are put in our lives to teach us a lesson, whether to always smile, fight a disease, be our unconditional friend ... whatever. You have my deepest sympathy and prayers.

I had other things to say but they can wait. I don't really feel like being upbeat right now.

Vickie
01-26-2007, 08:21 PM
Thanks, Niki and Kathy. Kath, I couldn't take upbeat right now anyway. I'm sure in a couple days, I'll be ready. It is so wonderful to know that others understand. Somehow, I knew you would all be wonderfully supportive. I've got a wicked headache from crying so much today.

I'm on the computer now trying to scan pictures for her picture board. I don't know if that's a regional thing or not, but here in Chicago we post pictures of the person's life. You can imagine that I have quite a few pictures of her from over the 27 years. They are making me happy and sad all at the same time. I'm being a good GF though and not chosing any "bad pictures of her.

I don't know where I'll find the strength. This is the Woman who has been with me through it all, including the death of my first Fiance. I don't dare listen to one of my favorite songs from Wicked right now. It makes me think of her and me. It's called For Good. The lyrics are beautiful.

coco99
01-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Hi Everyone.
I know it has been forever since I have been on here. But had so much trouble getting on and posting. I gave up. Just thought I would see if I could get on here tonight.
I have missed you all. I try to get on when I can. But wont always let me. And I still have the same old computer. So dont know how long this will last.
Well I really need something. But dont know what I need. Well I do know what I need. I need to learn to stop putting food in my mouth.
I have gained 27 lbs back. And that is upsetting. But I am the one who put the food in my mouth But now am having a hard time to get back on track. So hopefully I get get motivated again.
And I thought maybe if I could get on here. You ladies could help me. I know you sure did before.

VICKIE I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Well I am going to go and read and try and catch up on each of you.
Oh I sure hope that I can continue to get on here. It just feels like I came home. Hope everyone is doing ok.
Coco

Katpo
01-26-2007, 08:43 PM
Coco, welcome back to us. I am certain that you can get the motivation you need. You've already taken the first step.

Vickie, I am just sick for you. I feel like we know her since we've kept up with her progress for the last year or so. I remember her son's graduation party and their anniversary and I just can't understand why bad things happen to good people. I suppose that's the big question we'll all be asking God when the time comes, but meanwhile all we can do it trust that He knows what He's doing. :hug: I can't tell you how sorry I am for you all.

Tejas
01-26-2007, 08:45 PM
Vickie: I am so sorry that your friend died. That is such a loss for you and all the others who knew and loved her. Grief is so hard.

We're all thinking of you and sending you our prayers, hugs and best wishes. You'll find the strength. She loved you and wouldn't want you to hurt for too long, but rather to remember her and honor her memory.

Rhonda

Coco: I don't "know" you, but just move on. Those pounds came off once; they'll come off again. We can help you. You know that, or you wouldn't be back.

Froufy
01-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Oh Vickie - you poor darling - how sad for you! My deepest condolences on the loss of your very best friend. May the lovely memories you have of her help you move thru your grief.

Know that I am thinking of you and sending you special and warm thoughts to help you through!

Froufie

MDturtle0624
01-27-2007, 10:03 AM
Good Morning!

If it is alright with ya'll I'm going to jump right in with you all :)

My name is Ann, I am 24 years old and I live in Maryland with my new husband. I am a teacher (high school history) and we have two 7-month-old kittens.

Katpo
01-27-2007, 10:18 AM
Yes, Ann! Please do! We welcome new people and are looking forward to getting to know you!

aghiowa
01-27-2007, 10:26 AM
Vickie,
I'm so sorry for the pain you're going through right now. Cindy sounds like a very special friend. I am lucky that I have not experienced such loss yet, but I doubt I'll handle it as gracefully. I will be praying for both your and Cindy's family's comfort.

:hug:

Angela

septembersgoal
01-27-2007, 11:02 AM
Oh Vickie, I'm so sorry. We are all praying for you and lifting you up. :hug:

Katpo
01-27-2007, 11:20 AM
We went out to the Arlington Sportsman Club yesterday. We are joining in February as soon as the application is approved. Judd wants me to shoot my 20 ga. but he also mentioned archery. Hmmm ... I wish I knew someone who did archery so they could give me their opinion.

We also talked about the recliner and decided we didn't want one. It was nice of them to offer, but we have reconfigured our family room and like it the way it is. Adding another chair will just mess it up.

Today is the Texas Rangers Fan Fest at the ballpark so we'll be going. It should be lots of fun.

The Air Force will be in next week and so we have to dress up. Since I've lost weight, I don't really have any dress clothes so I decided to go shopping. After I left work yesterday, I went to a resale shop and bought an Ann Taylor wrap skirt, a long black Gap skirt, and a very cute pair of pants from Delia*s. Now hold on ... there was a 75% sale going on and keep in mind this is a resale shop anyway. My grand total was $10.64. I was absolutely beside myself! I've taken the wrap skirt and pants to the cleaners, and the black Gap is sort of a jersey knit so I'm washing it. I have lots of tops, just no pants or skirts, but NOW I DO! I do believe I'll be going back again.

Oh and guess what else? Erin was getting ready to go to work and I told her there was a message from the dr. office on the answering machine for her. She listened, and then said, "oh yeah, did I tell you I had to have a mammogram and ultrasound this week?" I just about hit the ceiling! I told her that is NOT the kind of information you keep to yourself! They told her she had benign masses but I don't like that answer. I will certainly be making sure she keeps on top of it.

I bought a chocolate fountain from Target clearance last week. It was reg. $49 and I got it for $12.50. I'll be using it for parties and also for work luncheons. Since this month's lunch had a healthy theme, next month will probably be as anti-healthy as you can get.

That's it for today. I'll be back tonight and hope everyone has a good day. Vickie, hang in there, friend. :hug:

Tejas
01-27-2007, 11:51 AM
Hello Ann:

:welcome: As you can tell from the posts, one of us, Vickie, has just lost a life-long friend to cancer. So, we might be a little subdued for a while and also sending her our condolences.

But, as Kathy said, we're happy to have you. I love your picture, with that colorful lei around your neck!

Rhonda

Tejas
01-27-2007, 01:30 PM
Hi All, again:

I thought I'd share a NSV with you. Yesterday I had one of those :cookie: meetings that I wail about so often. I sat for TWO HOURS in front of a big plate of commercially-made cookies and pastries and did NOT eat even one!!

Rhonda

(ps: I changed my top ticker to reflect my highest weight, not the weight when I came onto this board. I thought "why not take as much credit as I'm due!" I've been looking at the success stories on the board. I recommend reading some if you're feeling down about the speed or amount of your weight loss. We're all capable of losing this weight!)

Katpo
01-27-2007, 04:25 PM
Hey, all. We went to eat lunch and were headed to the ballpark when I started feeling a little queasy and nauseated. I told Judd and he said he wasn't feeling great either, so we turned around, went to CVS and bought some Pepto, then came home. I'm in my pajama pants and t-shirt, watching TLC and glad that I'm not walking around for the next few hours. I'll watch the news later and see what we missed.

Rhonda, that's such great news about ignoring those cookies! I'm not sure very many of us could do that as successfully! I'm really excited about weighing in next Thursday and seeing what the sort of results the first week of the challenge will show. I feel good about it, and think I should be seeing at least 140 by that day, and maybe even 139.

Back to the TV. Oh and did I tell you our Christmas tree is still up? Tomorrow will be three weeks that Judd has been sick with that cold and has been just wiped out by the time he gets home at night, and definitely doesn't feel like doing it on the weekends. He finally went to the doctor Friday and got antibiotics, steroids and refills on all his allergy medicine that he was nearly out of. I wish we could take it down tomorrow but I don't have high hopes for it.

blessedwithsarah
01-27-2007, 04:33 PM
Vickie, I'm so sorry for your loss. Please share your memories when you feel like you need to. I love the idea of the photo's, it will help you and her family to remember her happy and smiling. I'll pray that God gives you the strength you need now.

Ann and Coco, welcome! Coco, you need to just focus on starting now. The good thing is that you are now working to lose what came back before you gained more. Thats a great thing. Ann, looking forward to getting to know you. Its a great group.

Tech, the salmon casserole is made with canned salmon. Its almost like a tuna noodle casserol. It came out very tasty. I suppose you could make something similar but poch and then flake the salmon first.

Food wise I did awful yesterday -- the pot luck was good. But outside of my salad there wasn't much else. I did have 3 buffalo wing pieces and some macaroni and cheese ( one spoonful) then the fruit. I wish I had done better. Oh well, today is a new day.

Katpo
01-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Gosh, how slow are we today?

Froufy
01-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Paula - does not sound like you did too badly at all! And lots of 'new day's ahead to make any changes!

Kathy - I guess that lunch did not agree with either of you? Hope you are feeling better ! As for Erin - definitely make sure you get all the details! Loved all the bargains you got - good for you!

Rhonda - well done on avoiding those nasty sugar laden high caloric cookies...and DEFINITELY take all the credit you can for your fabulous weight loss - you go girl!

Vickie - sending hugs your way! Please take care of yourself thru this difficult time!

Welcome aboard Ann - we love new 'blood' - please join us on our weekly chat threa!

And welcome back Coco - as you can see we're still all here!

Well I managed another 45 mins on the treadmill last night at 3.3 mph - but I do find it 'hard' and have to force myself - those minutes don't go by fast enuf even when I am distracted w/good tv shows....and my toe is a bit sore again from rubbing despite a vaseline application! I am sitting it out today and shall walk again tomorrow.

Spent an hour on the phone w/cruise buddy Ray last night - poor dear has been diagnosed w/diabetes and is starting all sorts of meds - which have me worried - as I think he is being subjected to a very aggressive therapy when I don't think it's warranted? It's hard to tell that to someone - esp if they trust their dr - I did boldly suggest he get a second opinion from an endocrinologist (as my gf whose dh has diabetes recommended) to be sure he is being properly diagnosed and properly treated. Forgot to mention that I think he should also get a medic-alert bracelet. does anyone here wear one for any 'condiiton' the may have?

I asked the above gf if her dh wore one and she went crazy one me saying no not everyone wants to wear one or wants everyone to know they have a medical problem! Well that sure sounds crazy to me? Wouldn't you insist if someone you loved had a medical issue - and if something happened to them at least medical personnel would be aware of their situation? I wear one for my allergy to amoxicillin! as I understand sometimes in an accident situation one of the first things they do is inject you w/penicillin to ward off any possible infection - and this might just do me in before any accident injuries!

I am freezing now by the way - I am fully dressed, shirt pants socks with my fleece robe over top of the clothes (yes it has bunnies on it :D). Dh gone skating (indoors) w/ds and I expect them home soon. Dh and I may venture out to a movie tonight (altho he claims he will need a 'nap' before he goes out!).

Later,

Frouf

Katpo
01-27-2007, 06:49 PM
I agree with the bracelet. My sister wore one for diabetes, and I had a very good friend who wore one too. It was a very fancy one with diamonds, not the drugstore kind because she was a diamond-wearing kind of person anyway, but still it did the trick. After I had my heart cath, I had to carry a card with me at all times for three months because of the plug in my upper leg. I think it was called an Angio-Seal. Well, anyway, I would definitely wear one if I was going off my normal routine, i.e. being around a lot of strangers who didn't know my medical condition. You are very smart to wear one for your allergy.

There is a dog behind us that has been barking nonstop for hours now. I'm tempted to call animal control and have them come out to talk to the neighbor about it. It has just about driven me over the edge.

septembersgoal
01-27-2007, 08:12 PM
Welcome back, Coco! Great to see you.

:welcome3: Jenn!

septembersgoal
01-27-2007, 08:20 PM
Hey chickies,
I've not eaten core today but I have eaten reasonably and not too much of anything. It's been nice actually, I've cooked two meals which is a big deal for me! ;)
I'm thinking about doing flex next week. I've been off the wagon for so long it's been hard for me to get back into the swing of things, especially counting my 35 weekly points. I might try to count for a week. The two girls at work who are doing WW too are doing flex. I'm thinking about it.

Kathy, don't fear, our Christmas tree is still up too. We always leave it up for awhile, usually through January, but this year it's been so warm (comparatively) that it feels kind of strange. I will probably be taking it down tomorrow. The thing I'll miss the most is the lights. They add such a nice warm glow to the house, I wish I could find a way to replicate that through the year. How is your tummy? Oh and good job on those clothes deals!!

Paula, Frouf's right, it doesn't sound like you did bad at all! I'd probably consider it a NSV.

And you too, Rhonda! Congrats on staying away from those dreaded cookies. :)

Where is Sandra today? Did I miss something?

Frouf, I hope that you're out enjoying yourself. It's supposed to snow tonight and we're hoping to get snowed in for tomorrow. :D

Well DH and I are going to work on cleaning out our spare bedroom, so I better get to it. Good night girls!

Katpo
01-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Melissa, I did something a few years ago to make have the "Christmas lights" feeling all year. :lol: I put small white twinkle lights on the big ficus tree. It looked so cool Do you have a Garden Ridge or something like that there? They have 6-7 ft. silk ones (which is what mine is) that look good. I've had it for years and you wouldn't know it wasn't real unless you looked closely. I had to take the lights off later though because I put the tree in the landing turn of the staircase.

Well, we just had a good little adventure. Erin and I recovered her desk chair. We've done it many, many times in the past (not that chair, but others) and are quite good with a staple gun. Kate and some of her friends were over and they were standing in the kitchen talking to me. I guess I was distracted or something, because I hit the staple gun and nothing happened. Hit it again. Nothing. Then Erin says MOM!! and pointed at the other end. The staple gun had been turned around and I put a staple right thru the countertop! I thought I was going to faint!! :lol: We managed to sorta fill it in with some wood filler, and I smoothed the rough part with a nail file. It looks okay and I don't think Judd will notice. If he does though, it'll be no big deal because we have a similar spot in another place where I dropped a sharp knife and it made a little nick. I just opted not to tell him at this particular time. Now I just have to hope that he doesn't read the board! :o

I had 2 slices of pizza, a salad and a big glass of water for lunch and that's all I've had today. He just told me he was hungry and would go get us something if I wanted. I just don't know what it would be, because I'm not really hungry. I should eat something, but nothing sounds good to me.

Melissa, good luck on your cleaning project and congrats on fitting in the exercise too!

Katpo
01-27-2007, 09:08 PM
Oh and Sandra is in Bozeman (MT) and won't be back on until tomorrow night. You must have missed that.

coco99
01-27-2007, 09:24 PM
Evening Everyone.
Was surprised I was able to get back on tonight. But boy am I glad. You dont know how much I have missed this place.
The one thing I am having troube with is on the home page. When I move the mouse down. When the words show up. Its all jumbled. But at least I got on here.
Well I have a couple of questions. Thought maybe some of you would be able to help me. Or give me some ideas what to do.
My hubby. Just got back some blood work. Well the cholosterol and triglycerides are high. Well the Dr wants him to increase the fish oil he is taking to 4 a day. Well he is taking 2 a day now. And well lets just say. If he increases to 4 a day. He wont be able to leave the house.
So went to Vitamin World today. And they recommended Red Yeast Rice. Has anyone ever heard of this. And does anyone know how safe it may be. Hubby has several health problems. He does have a Dr appt Wed. Thought I would ask the Dr then about this. but then again. Because it is heabal stuff. they will probably say it isnt any good. But have try Hubby on Lipator and something else. I forget which other he took. But he couldnt take them. Made the liver counts go real high. And it made him real achy all the time. He has alot of trouble taking stuff. So just wondering.
I also got some milled flax seed. Has anyone tried this. I read somewhere it was either Womans World, Womans day. something like that. Anyway. That it was good for you if you were trying to lose weight. Any ideas about this.

VICKIE Thinking of you. You are in my prayers.

To everyone else. I am thinking of you. Hope everyone had a great day.
I am so sorry I wrote a book. But was just wondering about these to items.
Coco

Vickie
01-27-2007, 10:05 PM
Hi Chicks. I popped in to see how you all are. What beautiful friends you are to be thinking of me and sending hugs, prayers, and all other sorts of sweet things.

I'm still in shock but I'm doing ok. Today was the shopping trip for me and Jim to go and get clothes. We got enough for 3 days. Jim bought a suit, a sport jacket, 2 shirts, 2 ties and a belt. I got an outfit that I'm not crazy about and the slacks have to be hemmed if I decide to wear it. I have a place that will do it while I wait.

We still don't know when the services are or whether the wake will be two days or three. If I don't hear by tomorrow, I'll have to call Doug.

I'm exhausted and am going to lay on the couch. First a cup of chammomile tea with two tylenol. It's been helping with my clenching in my chest. I SO dread the next couple of days.

Don't be subdued on my account. I understand that life goes on. You are all so sweet.

Katpo
01-27-2007, 10:12 PM
Vickie, take care of yourself. It's going to be so emotionally draining, I'm sure. Do you have a dr. appointment on Monday?

Erin just told me that her doctor wants her to go see a surgeon about the mammogram and ultrasound. I asked her if she was worried and she said not really, but I sure am.

We decided on hotdogs for dinner, so Judd went to Weinerschnitzel. I'm having a child's mini corndog meal with tea. So far, so good.

thingirlinside
01-28-2007, 12:02 AM
Hi ladies, just checking in real quick, I am getting ready for bed. Had a busy day, this is my first chance to say hi.
Vickie my thoughts are with you, like Kathy said the next few days are going to be emotionally & physically draining, take care of yourself.

Kathy good luck with Erin.

I will catch up with everyone tomorrow I really need to get to bed. Good Nite!

MDturtle0624
01-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Good Morning!

Vickie - though I just "met" you, you and your best friend's family are in my thoughts and prayers :hug:

Kathy - my Christmas tree is still up too :lol:

DH and I went out with our closest friends lastnight to celebrate my birthday - I think even though I didn't eat Core, I did rather well. We went to a local Mexican "hole-in-the-wall" type place. It is the most authentic Mexican in our area of Maryland - quite yummy.

Though today to compensate, Hubster and I went for a long walk this morning.

I have TONS of grading to do today - I HATE mid-term time :(

Thanks Rhonda :) The lei is from our honeymoon - we went to Kaua'i, Hawai'i in June/July :)

Katpo
01-28-2007, 11:18 AM
Thanks, Ann. It's nice to know I'm not alone! It's not looking good for today either because Judd has to get his things ready for the coming week. He'll be testing with the AF so he has to dress differently than he ordinarily would.

I'm going to go look for a new pair of black shoes this afternoon, and then go to PetSmart to get Bindy a comb. She is in serious need of one of these things: ShedEnder (https://www.shedender.com/Default.asp?tcode=seo&source=trade&GCID=S16796x003&KEYWORD=shedender&bhcp=1). I'm so tired of sweeping up dog hair.

Other than that, there's just a bunch of random housework and cooking. I hope everybody has a great day!

Tejas
01-28-2007, 11:37 AM
Good Morning All:

Coco: you didn't say if your husband needs to lose weight, so I want to say if that is part of what he needs, I hope he can do that. I don't know anything about that rice you mentioned. But, I do know that many cardiac problems can be reduced through diet and increased activity. Not all of them though, of course.

Ann: I went to Hawaii for the first time in May, 2004. It was an exciting trip. I really enjoyed going to Volcano National Park in Hilo. It was awesome, in the true sense of the word.

Ann and Kathy: My tree has been down for a long time, but I leave a strand of lights up outside just to add some cheer during dark January. My neighbors probably think I'm just lazy, but I bet that they enjoy the lights also.

Frouf: I'm really proud of you on the treadmill...GO GIRL! I love the image of your slicked up toes! I'm doing my WATP 3 miles every day until the end of the month, then I'm going to figure out a routine for Pilates, aerobics and walking.

Yesterday I went to see my ex in-laws. My MIL's Alzheimer's is really affecting her mood, and she is very challenging: one minute cuddly; the next, nasty. Poor FIL hangs in there but needs more help than he is asking for.

Today, I'm spending time with ex's niece and her daughter, whom I love as if they were my own flesh and blood (well, if I think about it, more than some of my "own"!).

So, I'm "out and about" this weekend, and I need to be home :comp: a report. There are not enough hours in my day, or there's too much to do!!

Rhonda

thingirlinside
01-28-2007, 01:06 PM
Good morning ladies, we are getting ready to go to Mil house it is her birthday today. We have not seen dh's family for Christmas so the kiddies will get there presents today. Looks like my son was up late at his sleepover last night he is out cold on the sofa, looks like he had fun.

Kathy don't feel bad about the tree, we still have our lights and decorations outside. Looks like we will be having Christmas in July.

Tejas you are as busy as a bee, like I could talk I have to cut this short and shower and be out of the house by 1pm.

Coco I hope you find out some promising results on the herbs.

Froufy way to go on the exercise, I need to get my %$& in gear & exercise.

Talk to you all later

blessedwithsarah
01-28-2007, 03:59 PM
Happy Sunday all. Well, I am now stocked up on core lunches. I made the salmon noodle casserole yesterday and a big, big pot of sweet potato chicken barley soup. The soup is fabulous! In total I made 4 servings of salmon and 11 bowls of soup! I have 5 lunches out for the week and about 8 in the freezer (has salmon yesterday and soup/salad today). If I didn't post the chicken soup recipe I'll do it tomorrow -- It has 1/2 c celery, 1 large onion, 3C carrots, 2 parsnips, 1 bell pepper, I threw in some mushrooms I had and 3 cloves of garlic, along with the chicken, barley and sweet pots. Its yummy! and it does freeze well. Got to love that.

Thanks for everyone's support on my indulgence on Friday. The more I think about what I did eat and could have eaten, i guess I did stay a bit in control.

Melissa, I have been writing down what I eat and doing flore. I think its been helping -- we'll see what the scale says next week.

Vickie - continued hugs to you over the next few days. I'll also continue to pray for you all as well.

Kathy - when does Erin see the Dr? Keep us updated on what happens. Also, glad the counter isn't too bad. I've not told DH about a few things -- eventually he does notice and I just shrug. At least now it may have been me or it could have been Sarah :)

Frouf -- Congrats on the treadmilling (if that a word!) You have been consistant and thats great!

Its very warm here today compared to the last few days -- its been in the 40s. DH has been out back burning brush and Sarah is now napping. Not to burden you all, but I just need to share something. My mom's brother passed away last week from cancer. This is her second sibling to die in a year, my aunt passed last January from stomach cancer. Well, I was being a good daughter and called to check on my mom. Well, she starts in on how she is leaving my dad - she's looking for apartments and will be just packing a bag and moving out. She is planning on switching bank accounts tomorrow and she'll find someplace close by so she can still watch Sarah and my other niece and nephew. Then she asks, who is this? I tell her -- OK, with 7 kids she doesn't always just recognize voices - we do sound alike. Then she asks why I called? And I said to check to see how she is doing and she then says " Just great, what else do you want!" And basically hung up on me.

I then called one sister - there happened to be 2 other sisters at her house, told them all what happened. My sister did talk to my dad - he said he stuck his foot in his mouth this morning, my sister said -- you are apologizing, right? He said he has been all morning.

OK, my mom and dad have been married 56 years this April. In all honesty they do have their arguments, but they have always had a great relationship.....I'm not sure what to think. Another sister said she talked to ma last night after they got in from dinner and she was in a great mood. She did say today was going to be difficult since she had been going up to see my uncle on Sunday. I hope they have smoothed things over. I'm hoping its just a greiving moment.

UGH --

Katpo
01-28-2007, 04:33 PM
Holy moley moley MOLEY, Paula! I would absolutely be crazy with freaking out right now! What is up with your mom??? I hope you're right that she's just grieving, but if you see she's serious, I would totally consider having her see her doctor for a thorough checkup. Maybe something else is going on with her. Your poor dad -- I hope this stuff gets resolved. And aren't family politics just the worst?? Ugh! :hug: Bless your heart.

I went to the grocery store for a few things, then bought a pair of tan shoes, then to Subway to get Judd some lunch. Now I'm making his chicken and brown rice for the next few days. I made my breakfast (a scrambled egg and container of milk), some tuna salad, coleslaw with shrimp, and then for dinner will have the pork tenderloin and salad. I can't figure out why I don't like pork chops but could eat the tenderloin for every meal. It must be something to do with the proximity of the bone. Who knows?

Clothes are all picked out and waiting for the morning. I'm going to get to work early so I can park up close, because I have lots of 12-pks of Coke to take into the office. Also, that means I can leave early.

Shaun is still hanging in there despite some serious issues he's going thru. His 'a' school might not start on time since there's only one instructor and lots of students. He's been on hold since the week before Christmas and the way it looks now, school won't start until mid-April. He's really getting tired of it but choices aren't his to make. Oh and the chief told them the other day that any of them could be put on a carrier and sent to Iraq at a moment's notice, then do 'a' school when they get back. I don't know what that was all about, but I think they just try to scare them to keep them in order.

Happy day to all -- I'll check back in a little bit.

MDturtle0624
01-28-2007, 05:59 PM
I can't figure out why I don't like pork chops but could eat the tenderloin for every meal. It must be something to do with the proximity of the bone. Who knows?

I know this doesn't give any insight - but I am the same way with pork chops with the bone.

What we do is buy the boneless chops at Costco (like BJs or Sam's Club) and freeze them.

What kind of school is this that is on hold? It is a college/university or a specialized training school?

Katpo
01-28-2007, 06:31 PM
Oh sorry. I should be posting a bio each time I write something -- my kids are very labor-intensive. :lol:

Shaun is the oldest, and is 29. He is in the Navy and just left last summer. It has been an up and down process to get him "grown", if I can even claim that status for him yet. His dad is in prison and he's never had ANY type of family support except for me. I was married again after his dad and I divorced, and although I was married for 15 years, the day I left was the day that guy pulled the plug on Shaun. He had been the "dad" since Shaun was 4 but somehow turned off any and all feelings and walked away. He hasn't seen him since, and that's been nearly 10 years. So Shaun has been floundering and bumbling his way thru his 20s. He moved back in with us in the summer of '05. Oh and us = my new (uh ... 3rd) husband who is 12 years younger than me. That's a whole 'nother story. :lol: We've been married for 9 years.

So this school is his apprenticeship school that is the second part of his avation electronic training. He was in Great Lakes IL for several months and is now in San Diego.

Erin is 23 and is a senior at UT Arlington. She will be going to pharmacy school in the fall. She's the one who will be going to the surgeon next week because of bad mammo's and ultrasounds. Meanwhile, she's still here at home with us but is the most pleasant child, hard working and diligent and CLEAN. That's a biggie considering that Shaun and Kate could thrive in a hogpen.

Kate is 20 and works for Wells Fargo bank. She's in an apartment and is doing well so far. She is the balance between Shaun and Erin. Shaun is all play, Erin is all business ... Kate has friends, works hard, saves money, still manages to pay her bills while having fun, and is usually happy.

And those are the kiddos.

ontarget
01-28-2007, 08:40 PM
hello, friends. we are home from bozeman. i've been reading trying to catch up. i am so sad to learn about cindy's passing.

vickie, i am so sorry. i don't know what to say. i have a dear friend of 30+ years. i don't know what i'd do if she passed. even though we now live almost 2000 miles apart, we still talk on the phone almost daily. bless your heart. it makes me want to cry to know you're hurting. i am visualizing you now going through old photos having many wonderful memories. shed your tears; cling to your memories.

i want to welcome those new here and those who have just returned.

i will be back tomorrow. right now, i'm feeling sad and am needing to get offline.

coco99
01-28-2007, 08:53 PM
Hi Everyone
Hope everyone has had a good relaxing Sunday.
It has been snowing off and on all day. But not really getting much. But now I see that the roads are starting to get bad. But you know. As I sit here watching the cars. There are some driving like there isnt a thing on the road. And others are taking caution. And then people wonder why there are wrecks.
KATPO I will keep your daughter and you in my prayers.
VICKIE you are in my prayers. Take care of yourself.
TEJAS. Hubby needs to lose about 30 lbs. It is hard for him to exercise. He does try to walk some every day. But on days like today. With it being cold and snowy. He isnt able to. I am going to see what his DR thinks about sending him to a dietician. Maybe that will help too. But there is also a family history of high cholestrole too.
Well I will get off here for now.
Thinking of all of you.
Coco.
P. S. I dont feel so bad. I still have my Christmas tree up too. Will have to try and work on that this week.

Froufy
01-28-2007, 09:39 PM
Hi chickies,

Is the weekend already almost over??? ugh!

Ann - BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sounds like you had a lovely dinner - and a nice walk to compensate - good for you!

Rhonda - have you 'warmed' up a bit? It was around -20 today - almost balmy out! At least you could walk from the car to the grocery store without freezing any part of your body :D.

Vickie - thinking of you and sending you good wishes to help you get thru this difficult time.!

Welcome back Sandra - so how did it go? What did you do?

just opted not to tell him at this particular time. Now I just have to hope that he doesn't read the board So Kathy - did Judd notice any strange counter spots today? I just had to laugh! Do you remember when I drove into my driveway last winter - a bit to close to dh's car - I had a nice red 'stripe' along the bottom side of my van - and he had a scratch on his? I never said anything....a few weeks ago he FINALLY noticed the scratch on my van - and was livid and muttering about how some people can't drive and look what they did - and you can't even park anywhere public anymore for fear of people damaging your vehicle - I was a very bad froufie - and so far I have stil not fessed up. Wondering if he wil put 2+2 together if he ever sees the 'matching' scrape along the side of his red Honda???

Coco - I think a dietitian is a good idea for you dh - and what about doing a tape indoor - like the walking tapes? The Leslie Sansone ones are really good for beginners!

Paula - what a horrible horrible situation! I sure hope it was just a 'bad moment' for your mom and you and your sisters and dad can talk some sense into her? This all seems so sudden!

We did not end up going out saturday night as dh was too tired and went to bed at 9 pm (party pooper :D). Did a few errands during the day, visited the bunnies at the mall - then dh and ds went skating at the indoor area with ds' friend.

Today I was supposed to meet my best gf for her birthday breakfast - but she called me sat night to say she had the FLU! So we have rescheduled to next weekend. Had a bit of a headache most of the day - not sure why? Did some groceries today and lots of cooking - made a nice pot roast in the crockpot, and a minestrone like soup (leftover ground beef, carrots, onions, zucchini, can of spaghetti sauce, chicken broth, red wine, worcestshire sauce, spices, red kidney beans, and broken up spaghetti) - turned out superb!...and I have packed up a container for my lunch tomorrow.

Ended up going to the 'cheap' movie theatre w/ dh and little ds to see Happily never after - pretty cute. Yes I filled up on popcorn and diet pepsi so not much dinner for me.

I have also already completed my 45 mins on the treadmill - complete with 'slicked toes' and a bandaid just in case! Not to bad as I made it thru - next week I have to up the time to 50 mins and I don't know how I will do that - it seems soooo long! But I must persevere and complete my 'lose to cruise' challenge! Hope to see some 'scale movement' by tomorrow - that would be so nice! (except I now realize that the 'salty popcorn' may wreck that plan!).

I dread tomorrow - as I know my manager will have TONS of feedback and I will basically have to redo that nasty report I was working on on Friday - oh well - maybe a good night's sleep will help me deal with it better?

Froufie

MDturtle0624
01-28-2007, 11:11 PM
Thanks Froufie! Where in Canada are you? My Dad was born and raised in Newfoundland :)

Thanks for filling me in Kathy! :)

I finished grading all of my students mid-term exams (*phew!) - tomorrow we have a teacher work day, so no students.. but I have a TON of things to do tomorrow (the "To-Do" list is growing every minute!)

Anyway - I'm off to bed.. Night ladies! :)

coco99
01-29-2007, 09:35 AM
Morning Everyone
Not much going here.
Need to get a few things done.
It is starting to snow again. But at least the roads look a little better than last night.
The schools are on a 2 hour delay. I really dont have to worry about schools anymore. Except my son goes to school 2 nights a week. So if they dont have school during the day. He dont have to go at night. So he will have to go tonight.
I am suppose to weigh in tonight. Weather permitting. I am not looking forward to weighing in. But I know I have too. And then too. I know I only did this myself. So face the scales. Put it behind me. And make tomorrow a fresh start. I am so glad that I am able to be back on here.
Just by this. I am inspired again. Thanks too all of you.
Well will get off here for now.
Hope everyone has a great day.
Stay warm.
coco

blessedwithsarah
01-29-2007, 10:21 AM
Good morning all.

Well, talked to my sister this morning for an update on my mom and dad. Basically my mom overreacted to my dad not wearing snow boots yesterday morning. Yes, the man is 84 not 4, but she was pi$$ed to say the least. We have all come to the agreement that she is just very emotional - she didn't have time to greive for her sister before her brother got very sick. My sister did say she felt bad for venting on me yesterday. I need to find a moment and call her today. I have my annual review at 11, don't think I can deal with a conversation with her prior to that.

UGH....

BBL

Vickie
01-29-2007, 11:24 AM
Hey Chicks. Today begins a very hard 36 hours for me. Think strong thoughts for me, especially around 3:45 CST today since it is when I will arrive at the funeral home.

Thanks so much for all your support. I promise to get back to the subject at hand soon.

ontarget
01-29-2007, 05:06 PM
hi there, ladies. we're home from training. i started shooting my longbow again today after being off from it about a month. it was fun to "fling" those arrows again.

frouf, i'm going to have popcorn and a movie later today either before or after w a. i thought of what you'd written about your anniversary dinner making you sick. the same thing happened to me this weekend. we ate some rich sweets (and i normally won't touch sugar when i'm competing) and a big meal at "old chicago" sat night. i was sick sat night and sunday. lots of trips to the rr between shooting ends. maybe my weight is down today because of all of my trips up and down the stairs. the rr was on the floor above where we were competing.

thank you for asking about the tournament. ahem...... how do i word this? let's just say this was a wonderful learning experience. i had trouble keeping my mental game intact. no excuses. i should have kept my focus (much like i should keep focused on being op). by the last 3 shots of the tournament i thought that everything that could go wrong had, but i was wrong. there was one more to come. when i was walking up to shoot my last 3 arrows, my belt holding my quiver/arrows fell off my waist. i had to grab it and put it on. the timer saw me and didn't start the clock till i was "dressed". that was nice of him. i don't think many places would have waited on me. oh, well. life goes on.

we are going to butte this sat/sun for another tournament. this will be our last before we go to salt lake city in march. i'm going to shoot my compound and my longbow this time. i'm working on my mental game right now for both archery and ww.

hi there, mdturgle. it's good to meet you. i'm a retired teacher. been there done that with the grading. that's a very very good photo of you. thank you for sharing. it's good to "see" what all the chickies look like. some of us have photos posted over in our personal stuff. the best way to find us is to click our username then go to "public profile." thank you again for letting us see you. curtis and i went to kuau'i a few years ago. how did you like the roosters in the mornings? :lol: we still talk about them. we went on our first anniversary. that would be 2000. we're old but we're still newlyweds.

coco, your being back is inspiring me, too. it's good to see your posts. you're right. we just have to forgive ourselves and get back on track. i was shocked when i got on the scales this am. my weight was down from friday. i guess i did better than i'd thought on our trip.

paula, you and your mom will mend that fence. i'm glad you're recognizing that it's grief causing her irritibility.

vickie, :hug: i'm thinking of you. come back here as soon as you can. you need the normalcy of being here--and we need you. :hug:

Froufy
01-29-2007, 06:10 PM
Come join us on our new pages!

Frouf