Carb Counters - Weekly Chat Jan 22-28/07

View Full Version : Weekly Chat Jan 22-28/07

RobinW
01-22-2007, 10:16 AM
Good Morning :coffee:

How is everyone this Monday morning?

Things are good around here, recommitted and feeling pretty good. I have my weight bench set back up.....I want to be fit and looking good by this summer! :cb:

lilybelle
01-22-2007, 10:28 AM
Hi Robin, I feel good this morning. I am also recommitted today. Had bad snack attacks yesterday for peanut butter and caved in (more than once). I'm having my coffee now and plan is to stay on program. At least, I didn't skip my exercise last night, so that much was good.

Not much happening here. School is back on and DH is at work. Ahh, a quiet day for me and the animals.

tqvirgo
01-22-2007, 10:54 AM
Hi ladies, can I join in?
Lilybelle, I'm sure I've messaged you before to tell you what an inpiration you are, but I'll say it again! You're an inspiration!
Robin I'm recommiting today. Day one of induction and off we go!
I have enough low carb food to get through breakfast, but groceries must be purchased shortly after that.
My husband starts working back in town next week, so staying on plan while he's doing some of the cooking will be my challenge.
This is the mantra for the day
"no snacking on carbs is good snacking."
Have a great day
Tracy

ilovemike4alwayz
01-22-2007, 11:44 AM
Ok so I am too recommitting today. I redid my measurements and have set myself a goal. I want to get down to 200 lbs. by summer, so i have 40 to lose. Today is my first day of induction and i am ready to go go go. I have to work today and plan on having me a nice big salad for lunch. No sodas will be tough for me but i know that i can do it.

forest faerie
01-22-2007, 01:19 PM
this is my first day on induction .i am working tonight so i have to save a meal{7-7}.i was up at 8 ,had breakfast ,but was hungry and couldn't wait until supper .i had 3/4 chicken breast.does anyone else snack when they are hungry?

lilybelle
01-22-2007, 01:48 PM
Tracy, thanks. I think my success stems mainly from the fact that if I eat something I shouldn't (which I do occasionally), I just get back on program and move on. I don't believe in giving up. It took me a long time time to realize that this is for life, not a "diet" but the way I like to eat and choose to eat. No one forces me, I am accountable to myself.

I really do like the food choices that we have with Atkins. I can always find something that I like to eat. I don't go to any fast food places. But, I have found that I prefer my own cooking over most anyone elses.

forest, I snack when I'm hungry. I eat pork rinds, deviled eggs, cheeses or slices of roast beef. When I do my worst is if I let myself get overly hungry or skip meals. I love sugar free jello with the spray whipped topping. I keep this made up most of the time.

ilovemike, you have done awesome. I know you can meet your goal and look great for summer.

I just went and bought more puppy food. I realized now I am spending $110.00 per week on puppy/dog food. I will need to send them to their new homes soon. I'll miss the little guys. Except Lucy which I'm keeping.

tqvirgo
01-22-2007, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the support Lilybelle. It's so true, one thing offplan used to lead to a spiral....no more. Deviled eggs is an awesome snack idea that I never thought of!
What kind of puppies do you breed?
Tracy

lilybelle
01-22-2007, 02:23 PM
Tracy, you are welcome. We have chocolate labradors. I have 12 puppies right now that are 5 weeks old today. They are adorably cute, but quite a handful to care for and are eating like little horses. (I had to start supplementing them cause mama dog is wore out and can't keep up with their nutritional needs). They all have teeth now and sharp little claws and were tearing her boobies up. She has got where she hates to feed them. I know it's been rough for her as she only has 9 nipples and 12 hungry pups that battle over her for their turn to eat. I do separate them now and just let her feed 6 at a time to keep the fussing down.

I think I'm going to make some deviled eggs today, they do sound good to me right now.

beach bum
01-22-2007, 02:43 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Had a boring weekend, Sat I had to wait around to the men to come to fix the broken bed,and on Sunday I just had other boring stuff to do.

Had some dusting this morning but it stopped,not even the snow wants to stay.
Nothing new today either,just here to let you know I still hanging around.

Robin-Thanks:thanks: for starting us up,You did great getting your weight bench back up.I've go my gym so we better look good this summer.

Lily-I've got the same problem :yes:with the craving I had a baked potato for dinner last night and the craving was unreal.Today I'm back to low carbs.

Tracy-Welcome :welcome:,and you sound like you got a good plan.Stick to it and you'll do fine.

ilovemike-Good for you,:cheer2: I should join your gals on induction again but its so hard to get out of owl once you've on it.Going to lower my carbs.

Forest-I snack when I'm hungry :hun: also,Don't over look the snacking especially when your hungry that will only lead to problems of over eating.

Hugs :) BB

ilovemike4alwayz
01-22-2007, 10:46 PM
Well guys had a great day today. Going to try to get to bed early so that I wont be so tired to get to the gym tomorrow morning.

lilybelle
01-23-2007, 12:51 AM
BB, I broke down and had a baked potato once since I started Atkins. I don't remember why but the book says to use a sweet potato instead for maintenance. I have 1/2 a sweet potato occasionally with butter and I love it. I think they are lower in carbs. I do have Oats for breakfast quite a bit now that I'm on maintenance. (they seem to help my tummy and fill me up so much that normally if I have them I don't eat lunch). I haven't ever tried any cold cereal. I don't know what was wrong with me yesterday, the LC bread and peanut butter got the best of me.

I had told you all the saga of my oldest step-daughter and her financial problems. My DH has now agreed (finally) to meet with her DH and let him know what is going on. We are now in complete agreement that we aren't going to bail her out anymore. This should help our marital problems as the only time we ever fight is when he doesn't tell me of all the money he scrapes up to give her. I finally got it through his thick head that he isn't helping her, he is enabling her to continue to be irresponsible. Yeah, Yeah. This only took me 9 yrs..........

aud
01-23-2007, 04:11 AM
Hi All and Welcome Everyone!:D

I'm soooo relieved to W/I and find that my recent week & weekend sugary sweet/stress induced binge only cause a ONE POUND weight gain!!!!!:carrot: Thank You Atkins-Gods!!! Wondering if my metabolism is revved or WHAT???:?: I DID manage to keep on walking and also fitting Pilates in between bites of Carb-Crud . . . maybe that's the key???

WhatEVAH! I'm over it and totally re-committed too! Only a couple of weeks left in our Challenge and I just want to be the best I can be at this point . . . reallyreallyreally dusting the sugar dust off this time and mooooovin' on!:)

Had an awesome work out today with weights and going back for more tomorrow - upped my water to flush out these carb toxins to boot!

Catch up more tomorrow - need to pass out b4 snack attack/cravings hit . . . (I always eat when I'm hungry too - I specifically remember a chapter where Doc Atkins says if you are reallyreally hungry - you are allowed to re-eat an entire low carb meal!!!! What other "diet"/lifestyle lets you do that and still lose weight??????:D )

Have a Terrific Tuesday everyone!!!:carrot:

nonamortica
01-23-2007, 07:04 AM
Hello all,

I am still here! You all sound so upbeat and positive! It really helps to read what you are all doing.

I am hanging in there. I have to just resolve that I am in for a long haul, and do it. So far, I have been able to keep up with the 3 times a week exercise, with the dance and yoga, so that is good.

Have been very very busy between work and dance and my classes, that can be good or bad depending on how you look at it.

Nona

tqvirgo
01-23-2007, 10:20 AM
good morning everyone! Thank-you for the warm welcome!

Lilybelle, good for you for getting your husband on track. I don't know the whole story, but from what I've put together, I would guess that having your partner working against you a little bit would be uber frustrating!

I stayed OP yesterday. Had some harsh demons to fight all day. My little voice listed many tasty treats and tried to convince to give in. I didn't!
the result....I dropped 4.5lbs of water over night. Which is good becausse I was super bloated when I got up yesterday morning. I did my 35 minutes this morning and have my menu planned for the day. Unfortunately, when I planned last night I forgot I'm going out for dinner tonight. Not a big glitch, just have to battle the evil voice!
have a fabulous day.

Tracy

RobinW
01-23-2007, 11:27 AM

Its super cold and blustery here today. Im not sure what we have planned for the day, but hopefully I'll be able to get dh to come for a walk with me :crossed:

I dropped 4.5lbs of water over night
WTG Tracy!! :cb: Dontcha just love it! :lol:

You did great getting your weight bench back up.I've go my gym so we better look good this summer.
Thanks BB, I did :) I still have my gym membership, it isnt up until the end of this month. But after joining, and looking at all my old papers and motivational stuff....I gained the most weight this year. I was too lazy to go to the gym. Having everything right here works so much better for me. I still have to figure something out for cardio tho. When its too cold or snowy outside, I dont want to do anything :lol:

Doc Atkins says if you are reallyreally hungry - you are allowed to re-eat an entire low carb meal!!!! Ive done this Aud....sometimes about an hour after eating supper, I'll go and finish off the left overs. You get those days where you super hungry, and days when you forget to eat. As long as you keep it lc, you're good.

Have a great OP day ladies!!

lilybelle
01-23-2007, 12:37 PM
Tracy, I am also ecstatic to have DH on track (for now). It is frustrating when he is working against me. Of course, he wants to "help" his daughter, but it's to the point that he isn't helping and it's dang near caused us a divorce. I absolutely hate feeling like I'm being lied to about money and feeling like the 2 of them are teaming up together without my knowledge. It devalues me as a wife. She is 24 yrs. old and it's time to cut the cord and let her butt fall. I was completely straightforward with him. Told him that his lying to me and pilfering money to give her was teaching her that this is normal behavior in a marriage. Very much let him know that she learned it from him!

Funny thing I need to mention. You know how furious I was that she kept my expedition for months and wouldn't bring it back. Left me her stinky , little hyundai that was all trashed out. Well, last week she borrowed my DH's Jeep and kept it for a week with him telling her every day to bring it back. He had to drive her car. He was furious. He finally went yesterday and got his Jeep back. LOL, it's different when it's his vehicle that is taken. I'll tell you how bad her car is, I accidentally took my huge cat to the bank drivethru without knowing it til the teller said "oh, what a pretty cat". It was in the back window on a pile of clothes. LOL.

Tracy, WTG on the 4.5 lbs. lost. That is great.

aud, I weighed this morning and am up a lb. No surprise at all after what I have eaten lately. I'm back on program and plan to stay here. I am counting every single carb and plan to stay at 25 or less per day. There are days that I totallly re-eat an entire LC meal. Sometimes, I don't eat much, other days I am very hungry. Today I had lunch for breakfast, just didn't want breakfast food.

Robin, we have a heat wave today. High of 47 . Yeah, I took Molly and the pups outside for the day. The sun is bright. The overnight low was 15 degrees.

aud
01-23-2007, 01:32 PM
Arghghghghghg lily - we have SO MUCH in common - not just the same age! I have SO BEEN there. Just INFURIATING times . . . those kind of issues were the closest DH & I came to d-i-v-o-r-c-e as well. Not to mention I came YAY CLOSE to turning to an old BF for comfort. I considered dh's attitude/actions total betrayal of our wedding vows - just as hurtful and cheat-like as an affair. He, too, had to live and learn lily . . . glad to report that we got thru it but not w/o scars. I was, at times, cast as the one with the problem/wicked stepmother etc. The biggest blow-ups were always predicated when dh would start sentences with "we!": As in "We don't know why you're acting like this???" WTH is "WE????" I'd demand to know!!!:mad: :mad:

Looking back - and can't believe it's taken me so long to realize this salient fact: Those years were when my weight BALLLLLOOOOONED!:o

DOH! *smacking forehead*

Gosh, I LOVE 3fc and all of you!:hug: Moments of clarity.

Gotta get my Pilates on - ttyal!:)

lilybelle
01-23-2007, 01:51 PM
aud, I can so relate. I think they think of me as the "evil step-mom" at times. I'm trying to keep him from "helping" her. Hmmmmmmmm, maybe that is why I had a dream last night about having an affair. (which is something I've never done and would never do). I actually was put on psych. meds due to the stress. Then, I thought "why am I taking this crap? He's the one screwing up and I'm trying to numb my feelings/attitudes to be able to cope with it". WTH. I quit taking that psych. med. If I can't make things work without extra meds, then it isn't worth it. There is nothing wrong with me mentally, him and her are the ones that need those meds, a good counselor and a healthy dose of "growing up".

beach bum
01-23-2007, 02:06 PM
Hi ladies:)

We have some snow on the ground,but it will melt by this afternoon,nothing new otherwise.

Lily-I think the sweet potato is lower on the GI list.It doesn't effect your blood sugar. Even the South Beach allows sweet potato not the reg one.I just had to have one as I haven't since over a year ago.Good for you,that it finally worked.Older Children shouldn't expect anything from there parents,unless its a dira emergency.

Tracy-Big congrats:congrat: on 4.5 lbs gone.You're battle with the carbs paid off.

Robin-Hope the tend to exercise will continue.Its bitter cold up here on the Cape also. Let DH shovel the 1 " snow off the walk and tha we both stayed in the house. We're now expecting another 2-3 " of the white stuff tomorrow.

Have a great one

RobinW
01-24-2007, 10:33 AM

BB, I hope so too. Its good that Ive told dh what Im doing, he natters at me to make sure Ive got my workouts done. Its kinda nice :lol:

Leg workout planned for today, and a walk with dh. Other than that, just putzing around the house.

Have a good one ladies!

lilybelle
01-24-2007, 01:22 PM
Hi all, I re-read my Atkins book last night on maintenance. I am going to change up my menu plan a little. I had gotten to where my menu was boring. I never added in most of the maintenance foods that I should be eating. It's hard to make a change since I have been maintaining. Basically what I'm going to do is lower my fats and add things such as refried beans, whole wheat pasta, cheerios (they are surprisingly LC), wheat pancakes with SF syrup. I am going to track both carbs and calories while making these changes. I have been getting roughly 1400 cal's a day for quite some time and plan to not go above this. I am sticking to the lower glycemic foods for my changes. I have never tried a fruit smoothie made with soy milk, berries and splenda, so I'm going to try this too. After a yr. and half now, I am tired of bacon/sausage and eggs all the time. I never really figured out what my maintenance carb threshold should be. Just stuck to 25-35 carbs. Never tried hardly any new food except Oats. I'll let you all know how it goes. Dr. Atkins does say these foods are allowed in maintenance but I have been too afraid to try them. After my reading last night, I realized my eating was still pretty much in the OWL category. I made me a new notebook to record every single morsel in, my WI's and my exercise. I'll be doing a lot of label reading again at the grocery store. I'm now off to the kitchen to try to make my very first fruit smoothie.

beach bum
01-24-2007, 05:30 PM

I didn't fall off the band wagon,just busy,cooking and watching our new high definition LTC T.V. that arrived today.Its amazing the picture almost looks like 3D the the people look closer to the screen then the scenery.

W-I today and I stayed the same,had to much sodium in last nights meal.Going to re-weigh myself on Friday.

Have a wonderful evening

tqvirgo
01-25-2007, 12:54 AM
Good evening ladies
Good for you Lily! I can understand the fear you must be facing. You have done so well that I have no doubt that you can reign yourself in if need be.

Just a quick note to admit that I didn't have the best day. I stayed in the right carb range, but didn't eat enough or excercise enough. I have to admit that it's kind of a nice change to be worried baout not eating enough instead of the other way around.
Hope you all had a great day!
Tracy

RobinW
01-25-2007, 08:46 AM
Good Morning :coffee2:

Its kinda cool isnt it Tracy?!

We have a busy day planned today. Meetings, and lots of vinyl to be weeded. That should keep me out of the kitchen for a while :lol: Ive been hiding up in my office when I start with the cravings. Not really cravings, they have been boredom munchings. I made it thru yesterday....and Im down 4lbs so far this week. Hopefully that will make it easier today :D

Have a great day ladies, time to start my day :)

lilybelle
01-25-2007, 10:47 AM
Hi all,

Well I had previously thought that I was getting an average of 1400 cal's a day doing Atkins. I know after keeping meticulous count that I am actually getting a lot more than that. I do eat a lot of meat and never measure it or worry about it all . With adding these higher carb maintenance foods, I am weighing my food and finding that I eat normally quite a bit. I'm staying at 1400 cals for now and recording it but it sure isn't as much food as I'm used to getting. I'll recheck my wt. on Sat. and Tues. and may actually lose some wt. this week. If adding these additional foods causes me to gain, I'll go back to exactly what I have been doing for the past yr. and 1/2. I am not one to go hungry that is for sure.

There are schools here closed because too many kids are out sick. My DD is one of them and she has kindly passed it to me. I have a terribly sore throat, a dry cough and joint aches. I was planning on walking 3 miles last night. Made it 2 1/4 miles and my hips were hurting so much I had to stop. Now, I normally have all kinds of health problems, but joint pain isn't one of them. Of course with the hip pain and sore throat both my DH says "I've got a cure for that". I told him to leave me alone. Why are men stupid?

Tracy, I have actually had days too where I didn't feel like I ate much. But, it balances out. I have days that I felt like I eat like a Piggie too.

Robin, WTG on the 4 lbs. that is awesome. My wt. is up right now. I feel all bloated. I normally range from 140-145 and I'm at the top of the range for now.

tqvirgo
01-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Hey everyone,
my day started out darn well, I have realized though that 30 minutes on the reccumbent bike is it for me. So I've decided to stay at 30 minutes everyday and just push the workout harder and keep my heartrate up. I can keep this up until the treadmill in our garage gets set up by my DH (insert your own interpretation of DH using a negative twist please. I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth).
Had a great breakfast and organized food for the day. I'm down 8.5 lbs since Monday and everything is looser already. I am a content girl.
Hope you all have a great day.
Tracy

lilybelle
01-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Tracy , WTG on the 8.5 lbs. that is awesome. I totally understand the treadmill and DH situation. My DH bought me an elliptical for Christmas. He set up in the room with the 12 puppies. How dumb is that? It smells like poo in there, no matter how often I clean it . Plus, who could exercise on it with 12 pups in the wheels or under the foot steps? It took him a month, but he's finally now moved it to our bedroom where I can actually use it. DUH, that was the purpose , I thought.

tqvirgo
01-25-2007, 05:53 PM
LOL....My DH is the king of anal retentive and it's paired with a tich of procrastination. sooooooo He can't set up the excercise room until he puts up the cabinets in the other room which have nothing to with the room that's gonna be the work-out room...if someone could explain that logic to me I would greatly appreciate it. The cabinets have been not up for about 5 months. Nagging is the next course of action and I've never nagged him in 6 years of being together so he'll have no idea what hit him.
I am very greatful that the smell of poo is not part of the problem.
I would love to know the thought process that is used when certain men's decisions are made....good lord!

Thanks for the encouragement ladies. I'm happy to say that my new winter coat is no longer tight....I did the happy dance when I put it on this morning.

I hope your all having a fabulous OP day.
hugs
Tracy

tqvirgo
01-25-2007, 05:56 PM
thanks for the cheers Robin! I've been wanting to ask you, what does your avatar mean?

BB That LCD TV would get in big couch potato trouble....may the force be with you!

Tracy

shea5
01-26-2007, 05:52 AM
I just started induction on saturday, and have been sticking pretty good all week. I did atkins before when I was trying to control my PCOS and have a baby. I'm really commited to it working this time too, but not to have any more kids :)

nonamortica
01-26-2007, 07:02 AM
Hello folks,

Hope all are well. I have been pretty much on plan with one lapse yesterday - I ordered Lemon Chicken for dinner, along with Eggplant in Garlic Sauce. I have been very frustrated at work, and working to the point of exaustion for the past two days. Underpaid and underappreciated. Most of the time, I am so very easy going and do not get upset, but the past few days have been awful. I had a private meltdown.

The good that has come out of this is that I have made the decision that I want to be coaching full time. I want my private practice to be my ONLY work. I had thought to use my day job as my primary source of income and my practice as a supplement, but I realized after the past several days, that I don't want to be on that hamster wheel anymore.

I want to be able to go out dancing on Tuesday nights and stay up till 2 am if I wanted and not have to worry about being at work early, because I planned it that way. I don't want to be so exausted at the end of the day that I can't enjoy all the other stuff in life I love.

I want to be half way able to keep up with keeping my apartment in order.

And I never want to think about a JCAHO survey again, ever.

So out of the aggrivation and hurt and exaustion came a very positive decision. Now all I have to do is figure out how to do it, haha.

Anyway, in the process, the Lemon Chicken called to me. Not the worst lapse I could have had. I passed up the white rice, as always, but that breading on the chicken and the sauce was so carby.

Oh I went to yoga class last night and we did a shoulder stand. I used to do those all the time when younger. I made it up, but I ended up litterally staring at 2 rolls of fat, right in my face. Plus my butt where where I was holding myself up, was a lot squishier than I remember when I used to do shoulder stands. LOL. Really reminded me how far I have to go and why I am doing this. I will be so happy when this weight is off.

Keep up the good work, everyone

Nona

beach bum
01-26-2007, 08:56 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

YIPEEEEE!!! Everything is super OK with Leo,hes still in remission[no cancer at all showing on the cat scan]. The only thing,the bottom of his lung clasped where the radiation hit it,but the doctors don't see any problem with that.He told the doctor that hes doing deep breathing exercises. Doctored oked that and said he doesn't have to come back or have another cat scan until 6 months.

Sorry I didn't get back to you guys earlier,but while we were out there we went to lunch & than we did some shopping. Had to buy the kids crafts for the Valentine Day presents. We get back late and had to start dinner,and after 6 PM we shut down the computer.

Have to run again this morning,have to food shop,than we have Comcast come in to set up our new HD T.V. after that I have a Canasta card game to go to,that will last for most of the afternoon.

Leo will leave the computer open tonight so I can post later tonight.

Have a wonderful day

RobinW
01-26-2007, 09:16 AM

:welcome: Shea, nice to have you here :)

Sounds like you've made peace with your decision Nona, good for you. :hug:

Wonderful news BB!! Im thrilled for you and Leo!

I had a good day yesterday. Eating was 100%, but I didnt get my cardio in. Thats alright, I'll do yeserdays cardio on sunday which was suppose to be my rest day. All in all, things are going pretty good.

I found a very inspirational quote yesterday, I liked it so much I cut it out in vinyl, and Im going to apply it to my office wall today.

Your goals, Minus your doubts, Equal your reality.

Not alot planned for today....besides staying warm....have a great op day ladies!

Arkansas Kel
01-26-2007, 10:26 AM
WELCOME ABOARD MORE NEWCOMERS! You’ll like it here.

Robin: WTG pulling out the wt machine.

Forest: I too work 7-7 shift –overnight. I usually count carbs from midnight to midnight and plan accordingly. Sometimes I don’t have many starting to work – I eat a meat/cheese kind of meal (lunchmeat and cheese in a bowl on the road). Sometimes I have many carbs leftover which is easier. I don’t even try to keep to “regular” meals. I just pack a lunchbox of choices, our snack machine has peanuts and pork skins, & just eat when hungry. I also drop by the cafeteria for eggs/bacon/sausage some AMs. As for deviled eggs – they’re great! I sandwich the sloppy sides together and they will just stick like that. Then they become more portable for work.

Lilly: Glad DH is coming around. I know it’s been hard. Also, on adding in foods and carbs with maintenance. I would suggest trying to add one new food at a time in case one is a wt gain demon for you. Up your carbs a little at a time too, just in case.

Aud: I commend you. The most important thing isn’t to do a diet perfectly (who the H can do that?) it’s to get back to it when you lose control!

Tracy: Hold off those evil voices. They eventually lose a lot of power and weaken. That’s not to say they don’t surface loudly at times, but they get better! Just listen to the wt falling off instead. Way to go on the wt loss. Just keep that in mind when temptation is in front of you.

Nona: JACHO – OMG, I know that one. That would drive me to cheesecake! Sounds like you are rethinking your life. I think life is too short to waste it being unhappy.

For you all: I have found a DH solution! I have made a HUGE list of many small tasks (larger ones broken into smaller ones just to keep them consistent). Each week he or I pick a couple tasks to tackle. It’s working. Can you believe it. He even tackles other tasks on the list halfway when he has a little time so they will be smaller when he gets to them! Thank goodness – I already have my workout room set up. His mother has a treadmill (nice one too) she is giving me! Pick up treadmill is on the list – will do that soon!

Beachbum: That’s good news with the Dr. I hope things continue on track for you!

I am still OP except for a BIG lapse Wed night for DH’s birthday. He chose this AWESOME BBQ place near here for his birthday outing. OMG, I’m just not that strong! I did it big time! Pork steak as big as my head, melt in your mouth tender and drizzled in the real candy sweet BBQ sauce, French fries, fried okra, baked beans (I actually left some of those behind), and diet coke. Yep, diet coke. I’m sure it balanced the rest. I ate to the bursting point. I will say I don’t regret it. I’m hardly in that restaurant. It is a favorite. I’ve come to the point, I choose to enjoy a meal off now and then within reason and let the guilt go. Only problem, it came with some guilt – I ate until I was about to POP! Well, I won’t likely be there again till next year so I’ll manage.

No more news on the mysterious lost credits at school. So far in chemistry I have an A.

I got messed up this week on my sleep/wake cycle with a meeting at work. I’ve been off ever since. BUT, after the meeting I approached our CNO (that’s the abbreviation for THE BIG CHEESE nurse) and she and I had a very long chat. In the meeting she used me and another nurse as “hypothetical” examples of what not to do! I was upset. I told her so. I told her several people took it that I am disorganized – not so, I happen to be anal, bordering on OCD at times. She apologized and seemed impressed that I stood up for myself. We discussed other things and the whole chat was very positive towards me. I think screwing myself up on my sleep may pay off this week! I also had stood up to a very aggressive nurse at work – which had also impressed her. HA, maybe I’ll get a little more recognition at work or better.

Sorry post is so long, I’ve been messed up this week and couldn’t get to it.

lilybelle
01-26-2007, 11:16 AM
nona and Kel, reading your posts certainly hits home for me. After 20 yrs. working as an RN, sometimes I'm very thankful I'm at home full-time now. I absolutely hated the JCAHO ordeal each time. I hated that night shift always had their meeting in the middle of the day when we needed to get sleep after working at night. I also had problems with grouchy co-workers and dr.s that were total jerks. Man, I don't miss it all. Our CNO wouldn't have known how to care for a pt. for her life. I felt that I was passed over for day shift at times when I had seniority. I didn't fit the part because of my weight. Of course the excuse I always recieved is "we need the most experienced nurses on nights". I loved caring for patients and was good at it. I hated the bureaucratic B.S.

Me and my DD officially have the flu. Her school is even closed due to the flu outbreak. I felt very yucky.

Kel, I'm being careful with adding the carbs. I really don't even want much to eat right now. I cooked some beans last night for the first time in 1 1/2 yrs. They were salty, and my wt. is up 1 lb. this morning. I know it's just water weight. I only had 1400 cal's yesterday and the day before. I had 2300 cals/ day when I was doing strictly Atkins, so I know I'm not gaining fat. I am going to weigh every other day and see how this goes. Some of the experienced maintainers had forewarned me that I'd see a temporary gain in water wt. with adding more carbs. If it doesn't come back off, I'll back down to 25-35 carbs again. I'm actually still doing Atkins, just slowly adding in some high fiber/ higher carb foods that I should be able to get on maintenance. Change is definitely scary though.

BB, I'm so glad to hear that Leo is doing so well. That is great.

carolr3639
01-26-2007, 11:28 AM
Hi, Lily, I think I told you this before but Westsoy Unsweetened soy milk only has 1 net carb ........5 carbs and 4gm fiber. Soy milks quite often have added sugar so you have to be careful and read labels. You can add sugar free flavor or use any way you would use milk. I don't drink it straight without flavor. I mix it with tomato juice to make soup and blend it with a hand blender if it curldes. I love tomato soup. I think soy milk is a great food for any kind of diet because it fits so well. And it adds fiber to whatever you are making with it. Does anyone know how many carbs diabetics are allowed? I always wondered how people with diabetes managed their diet.

lilybelle
01-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Hi Carol, I am going to look for that soymilk when I go shopping. I have the flu right now, so not sure when I'm going.

Diabetic diets are very individualized. I have seen some people on 1400 cals', some on 1600 cal's , some on 1800 cals and some on 2000 cal's. It can be any number depending on what their Dr. thinks is appropriate for that person. I had been put on 1400 cal's prior to starting Atkins. I felt like I was starving to death. This was when I weighed in the 230's and it simply wasn't enough food for me.

beach bum
01-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Good Morning Ladies :)

I'm sorry for being MIA except for the report on Leo progress.

Well, This cold weather took the best of me yesterday by having 2 c of Progresso chicken noodle soup in a pumpernickel bowl, for lunch.SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much bread[1 whole loaf in one sitting YIKESSSSSSSSS!!! What was I thinking.It all started when Leo's doctor was talking about Fishermans Warf and started remembering the clam chowder in bread bowls,and you guessed I had to have one. Now that I got that back to PROGRAM my menu for today is low carbing again.

Thanks again for all your prayers for Leo once again,we really appreciate them and now we can go on with our lives,less stressful.

Robin-Thanks for the kinds words.we're very happy with the news.Like your quote, it really makes sense,its a keeper.

Arkansas Kel- Your idea of not feeling guilty after a eating a Off program meal, made my thinking,I shouldn't be so hard on myself after what I did as I posted above.Just go back OP and I will lose again. Thanks for you list of what DH's should do,going to put that to use.and thanks we're very happy that we can continue with our lives as we did once before.

LILY- Oh No!!! That terrible. My dh gets the shots but I lacked in not getting this year. Hope my immune system will fight off this treadful flu. Take car,and get better soon. Thanks for the wonderful words you posted for Leo & I.

Carol-We use Silk soy milk for breakfast and than again at dinner. Its 100 for 1 c Total fat 4,total carbs 8g, fiber 1g, and 8 sugars. Protein 7g so I don't think the sugar it too high in this product.

Have a great morning

carolr3639
01-27-2007, 09:44 AM
BB, Does your dh do any certain type of deep breathing exercises, I mean is there a name for them? I have sarcoidosis, a lung disease and would be interested in this. Thanks.

RobinW
01-27-2007, 10:47 AM

BB~ that soup sounds very good :lol: I love the turkey stew from tim hortons in the bread bowl. I havent had that in years! Just dust yourself off, and start fresh today. No point in beating yourself up over it.

Yesterday turned out to be a pretty good day. It was a hard one, I had alot of stuff going on in my head that I couldnt shut down. I had posted about in my blog, and a friend had replied "its just the fat asking you if you are sure you want to get rid of it". It was like a light switch going off for me. I knew the answer right away, and I was able to straighten up and quit fighting with myself. The power of words are a wonderful thing.

I got the quote I posted here yesterday up on my wall, I think it looks pretty good. Its on the other computer so I cant post a pic right now, but if you want to see it, its in my blog.

Not alot planned for today, its a cardio day. I may pull out the tae bo tape I picked up at the library and give that a whirl today. Im not up for going to the mall with dh and walking thru there. I get tired of that pretty fast. Although, it does get my dh out and walking a bit too :D

Have a great day ladies!

lilybelle
01-27-2007, 10:50 AM
Hi BB and Robin, glad to see you two able to post some more. I was feeling pretty lonely on here.

Don't feel bad if you have a treat meal/ off day. I have done it many times. It's the not giving up and keeping pluggin on that counts for the long haul. No one is perfect, I'm certainly not.

I'm feeling a little better today. I started Zithromax yesterday and I'm not coughing up anything this morning.

I sent DH grocery shopping yesterday, as I was too sick to go. He got everything on my list and a bunch of junk food to boot. Why is it , I knew ahead of time that I couldn't trust him to pick out our food. Anyway, the full butter popcorn, chocolate bars and potato chips are being sent to work with him and he can keep them in his locker. They are tempting to me, but I do pretty good at ignoring them. However, my DD is trying to watch her wt. and she can't refuse junk if it's readily available.

I now have 13 puppies to care for instead of the 12. My DH bought a beagle pup yesterday for my 14 yr. old step-daughter that lives in Las Vegas. Her mother wouldn't let her have one of the lab. puppies because they get too big and chew too much. They had looked everywhere in Las Vegas for a beagle pup and the average cost there was $1200.00 per pup. DH got this pup from a friend of his at work, it's full-blood and costed $30.00. Anyway, my step-daughter will be here on spring break in March and take the pup home then. So, more poo for me. Oh yeah! Can't you feel my excitement. Good news is , my pups are almost completely weaned and should be picked up by their new owners over the next 2 weeks.

Hope everyone has a great day.

beach bum
01-27-2007, 12:19 PM

Carol-The breathing exercisers my Dh does are from the cancer network the web site is:
http://www.cancernetwork.com/journals/primary/p0011i.htm

Hope these exercises will help you.

Robin-I loved the bread bowls ever since I first visited San Francisco,and after the doctor mentioned Fisherman's Wharf I had to have them again. Well today I back OP and feeling great for going back.

Lilly-Happy to be back,I agree we do have to have a day off,once in a while,its amazing how the mind works never gave them a thought until the the doctor mentioned SF/FW. Happy that you're feeling better.You're lucky I use to be the one who had to restrain from the junk food when we go out shopping. DH says he going to but a leash on me,so I can't put them in the shopping cart.Now I eat a good & filling breakfast,before I go out. Great news,that you'll be free of all those puppies soon. I only deal with one pet at a time,never let our pets outdoors.

lilybelle
01-27-2007, 12:35 PM
BB, at 4AM this morning, I got up and put 12 pups outside. They were yapping their heads off and me and DS couldn't sleep. I left the beagle in as she was hiding from me in the closet. LOL. I have now found it and put it out with the others. It's raining and she won't stay in the large dog house with the other pups. Oh well, she'll get wet and cold and eventually seek shelter with the others if she is smart. My mama dog does stay inside all the time. My cats one stays mostly in, the other is afraid of us and stays outside. it's a stray.

As for shopping, I always prepare a list. Huge mistake if I don't EAT before I go. Then there is no telling what I might make it home with. I know that all the ingredients for no-bake cookies somehow keep popping up in my cabinets. I know those dang chocolate chips are bought during moments of hunger and weakness.

I sure haven't ever had one of those soup bowls that you are talking about but it probably tasted great. I'm severely allergic to shellfish, so I probably couldn't have it anyway. My DH loves Red Lobster. Since I can't have crab legs anymore, I'm not ever anxious to go there. When I do succumb and go, I have the baked trout.

aud
01-27-2007, 03:51 PM
Ahhhh WTG tracy & robin!!:carrot: :hug: And GREAT to hear good news about Leo, beachie!:D And jump on in here Shea!!:)

Just got time for a drive-by - been super work stressed - shift hours and tons of work-related BS . . . . so totally relate.:( :mad: The *mad* icon is directed at myself - and my continued inability to deal with the BS in a POSITIVE way - gotta remember its not easy to CHANGE a lifetime HABIT of dealing with stress thru EATING crap/hurting myself. HAVE been more assertive like you're doing ArkieK . . . baby steps baby steps baby steps.

Hiya lily, nona, carol . . . ttyal!:)

lilybelle
01-27-2007, 07:39 PM
Hi aud, sorry to hear your work has been so stressful. Hope it gets better for you soon.

tqvirgo
01-27-2007, 08:38 PM
good evening ladies.
I've had a good day yesterday and today. It's all about finding foods that are satifying and OP for me right now. The scale has slowed down a bit and I will go back to weighing once a week.

Lily, so sorry to hear about all the poop....jeez and another puppy. That poor little guy must be so overwhelmed by the lab puppies. I bet I know what DH stood for in that first moment when he walked in with the new puppy, or the junk food...eek. I hope you feel better soon!

Robin- that's a great way to look at a craving! I'm gonna use that from now on. I checked out you're saying on your wall pic...looks great!

Nona- sounds like you've got it figured out....lemon chicken isn't the worst you coulda done. And as for your yoga moment....I'm not convinced that t wasn't the powers that be's way to say "y'ain't s'pose ta bend that way!"

Ar Kel- Thanks for the cheerleading!!! makes this journey alot easier.
So sorry to hear about your head cheese nurse....I think I would have cried. Criticism and I don't do well together...that would have been rough, but it seems like you handled it with more grace than I would have. I had that happen once with and old boss and I stood up in the middle of the meeting and let him have it. good for you for being brave!

BB- so glad to hear about your husband results! This whole bread bowl thing has my mouth watering though....and I don't usually don't even like that stuff, but theres some level of comfort that comes from bread. I can live without it, just sayin it's on my mind s'all.

Aud- thanks for the cheers! I'm feeling damn good and you ladies have helped with that. Good for you for getting assertive. someone said to me once, when you feel youself holding onto crap and wanting to (insert bad habit or addiction here), shake it off. If you can visualize shaking it off, even better. Shift work would make eating right harder for me I think...I give you ladies doing this alot of credit!

Well that's it for me today, and if anyone has a good recipe for pizza dough that isn't a bazillion carbs in the recipe I would love it.

hugs ladies :D
Tracy

lilybelle
01-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Tracy, I often made my home-made pizza just using a LC wheat tortilla with either tomato sauce or pizza sauce, piled with pepperoni and canadian bacon and cheddar cheese. The small tortilla (4 carbs) is great for a one person lunch. Baked in oven at 400 degrees for just about 10 mins'.

lilybelle
01-27-2007, 10:54 PM
Ladies, I have to confess, I'm officially counting calories now. I thought at first that I could do both. It doesn't work that way. Low Carb and Low Calorie are 2 completely different ways of eating. I will forever be thankful for the Atkins approach as it helped me tremendously to shed 94 lbs. My reason for change is the need for a higher fiber way of life. I was having horrible stomach pain, constipation so bad that I was taking tons of laxatives and enemas and daily fiber supplements. I realize that most of you won't have this much trouble with this. I have had multiple abdominal surgeries and a previous bowel obstruction. I'm trying to look at what I think would be best and least painful for my body. I have found that in the past 3 days when having wheat pancakes, sandwich with wheat bread and wheat pasta that I'm not at all constipated. With adding the extra carbs from the wheat, I naturally had to decrease my protein consumption. I've eliminated cheese as it adds to my stomach problems. I know I could live at least a yr. without another EGG.

I feel bad about this. I feel like such a deserter. I think Atkins is awesome and I'd love to be able to still cheer everyone else at this site on. I know it works, I did it. I have full faith that everyone of you can do it too. So, everyone let me know if it's OK for me to still post under this Atkins site. I love this group and I do understand the program and the challenges that LC entails. I promise not to try to convert a single person to my new way of eating. Who knows, if the calorie counting poses wt. gains for me, I may be back begging forgiveness for changing and asking for you all to let me back on the wagon.

RobinW
01-27-2007, 11:06 PM
Of course you are welcome here Lily, no matter what type of eating plan you are on. :hug:

lilybelle
01-28-2007, 12:03 AM
Thanks Robin for the support. I love this group and want to still participate.

Tracy, when my DH called to tell me he was bringing that beagle pup home and said "oh, he's really cute", my response was "unless he has a plug in his butt, he aint cute to me". LOL. He's getting along well with the other pups now. But, Molly growled at him today when he followed the other pups after her to try to get nursed. She's fed up with feeding all of them, but just runs from her own and never growls at them.

beach bum
01-28-2007, 08:51 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Have a few minute before I get ready for church. It snowed last night and we're getting freezing rain. Hope it turns to rain soon otherwise I won't got on on the icy roads.

Lily-Please don't leave,I don't mind if your counting calories. We all most do what right for us. You're inspiration on this board would be extremely missed. Sorry but I had to laugh at your post about the puppies going outside and the beagle hiding in the closet and one cat is afraid of you. Its sounded like a key-stone comedy. We do do that a list when I go to the store,but I stray to the goody aisle,I guess the stress of not knowing Leo cat scan results started me needed comfort food.Now that I know the results I will leave that aisle alone. The bread bowl I think its only a once in a while thing. I haven't had one since being in San Francisco in 2003.

Terry-Thanks,Don't think I do that again for a while.I think stress was helping me convenience myself I need that.when the doctor spoke of SF. Don't have any bread in my frig right now, so I should be safe.When I make a sandwich I use romaine lettuce leaves as a wrap.

Aud-Thanks for the kind words,we really appreciated.

Have to go ,will post this afternoon

RobinW
01-28-2007, 09:41 AM

Happy Sunday Ladies :sunny:

Have you seen those kissing bears from hallmark for valentines day? Arent they cute!!!!! I never buy that stuff, but these 2 tickled me so much I bought them for dh for valentines day :lol: I dont know who will get the most fun out of them, him or me :lol:

Eating has been good, I stayed on my plan yesterday. I have to get my cardio in today.....I didnt do much yesterday.

Have a great day ladies.

lilybelle
01-28-2007, 10:50 AM
Thanks BB, I'll still be here. I know Atkins works. It did for me. I'm now maintaining and making the changes necessary for my tummy. I am feeling better now.

Yes, our life here with all these pets is quite a comedy show. I left all their little butts out in the doghouse last night. It was great. My son's Birthday is today. Gotta bake him a cake. I bought him several movies and a surround sound system. I think he'll like his gifts. My step-daughter that is pregnant (the 2nd oldest, the one that has good sense), well when shopping last night I saw the cutest baby girl clothes. I couldn't refuse so bought the unborn baby girl some cute sleepers and frilly socks. I love shopping for a baby girl. This baby will gets lots of stuff from grandma. Of course, the 2 grandsons get a lot too, but it isn't as cute as girl stuff.

Our 3rd oldest step-daughter is homecoming basketball queen this Tuesday. Going to go to ball game and see her.

tqvirgo
01-28-2007, 11:27 AM
morning!
:dizzy:

Lily,
I know I haven't been here long, but I'd be sad if you left. Even though your changin up your plan it doesn't negate the wealth of knowledge you've gained over time about atkins! I actually have a question: how much did you lose in the first few months and when did you find your weight leveled off? It's good you're making choices for your health.

I hope everyone is having a great relaxing OP Sunday. Tomorrow is official weigh day woohooo! I have to stay that this is the first time I've felt this in control of my eating, and I'm feeling less fear about falling off plan or being thin. It feels pretty damn great!
have a wonderful day
Tracy

ilovemike4alwayz
01-28-2007, 01:46 PM
Lily!!!! Dont go anywhere. We dont expect you to suffer for us. If this is going to help you then by all means you must do it. You will never be banned from here ever. So you better stay. You give me hope for myself and anytime i am down, you are always there to pick me up.

Well i went off program, but i am not beating myself up. i made a decision yesterday. i was watching oprah and she said that she wished she had never wasted all the time that she did being over weight and it was like a lightbulb went on in my head. This is such a waste of time and i dont want to do it anymore. I stood in my closet last night and went through all of my bigger "fat" clothes and threw them all away. I am not going to waste anymore of my life. Tomorrow is the day ladies.

Leenie
01-28-2007, 02:33 PM
Lily I'm so sorry about your tummy problems :hug:

IMHO, the main focus on these boards here at 3FC's is the beautiful friendships we've all created.....along with the struggles, the successes, the laughter and the bond that draws us closer and closer to each other each and every day. A Sisterhood if you will. Success to me is coming here, getting the support and love as well as the information on how to do a plan successfully. You my dear have all of those qualities... I think the boards, especially Atkins would be missing out dearly if you left.

Hope you'll stay and continue sharing the knowledge and experiences you've learned along your journey.

Leenie

lilybelle
01-28-2007, 02:35 PM
Thanks so much everyone. I won't leave. I'd miss all of you ladies so terribly. I love this group, it is home to me. You guys have been with me through everything from DH troubles, constipation, surgeries, ankle injury, son's breakup with long-term girlfriend, psychotic neighbor, DD's depression, DH troubles again, step-kid problems and did I mention DH troubles, and puppy poo. What more could anyone ask for.

Tracy, I lost about 16 lbs. the first couple weeks. Then I started losing pretty much 2 lbs. every week. Only really hit 2 plateaus along the way and they weren't til I was about 15 lbs. from goal. I know I saw my specialist 4 months after starting Atkins and had lost 35 lbs. I saw him again 4 months later and had lost 31 more lbs. Then it took about 4 1/2 months more to lose the other 24 lbs. At the time, I was losing 1-1/2 lbs. a week when I wasn't plateaued. It all went by so fast. Sometimes I still can't believe that I reached goal almost 7 months ago. My exact time frame was 1 yr. ,1wk. and 5 days to lose 89 lbs. I've lost a few more since then. They really don't count as they come and go. I fluctuate usually at 141-146.

As far as my wt. leveling off, it did this at about 145 lbs. This was my goal anyway. At this point I noticed that with sticking to only 30-35 carbs and continuing my regular exercise that I was only losing maybe a lb. a month. I had considered lowering my goal to 135, but decided I needed to relax a little. Not worry if I only lost a couple lbs. a yr. for a few yrs. I've now accepted that where I'm at is healthy for me, my BMI is now normal so losing more isn't really necessary. It would just be for vanity. I don't have a perfect body and never will, but it's a lot better than it was. I'm happy for this. The only time my tummy is perfectly flat is when I'm lying down, sorry to say my boobs are now perfectly flat in this position too. LOL.

ilovemike, I saw that episode of Oprah too. It made me think, yeah, being overweight was a big waste of time in my life too. I'm happy you got rid of your "big clothes". I got rid of mine. I can't afford to buy more clothes, so I gotta keep these lbs. off. (I admit I went a little nuts with the clothes shopping when I got close to goal). I still don't trust myself to go to the mall very often.

Thanks Leenie, that is so true. It is like a "sisterhood". I want to still be here for these ladies. I know the Atkins wt. approach works. It sure worked for me. I would have had a much rougher time losing wt. without the help, challenges and friendships I've had here. I plan to still work very hard to keep my wt. off but do it in a way that cooperates best with my physical ailments. I'm not at all considering leaving the boards. I thought it best to be upfront with everyone and let them know what my situation is. I felt like if I was posting in Maintainers and getting advice from them on how to switch to calorie counting and low fat , then coming to Atkins board and not saying that I had changed my maintenance strategy that I was being two-faced. These ladies are awesome and have been incredibly supportive of my decision. I hope I can still offer them help and support in their chosen way to lose wt. and maintain it.

tqvirgo
01-28-2007, 02:45 PM
Thanks Lily, that's very helpful, and hopeful. I still have this fear and I'll be excited about the weight loss and it will just stop...a byproduct of weight watchers experiences I think. This is helpful as to being realistic as well.

ilovemike- I did not see that Oprah, but when I decided to do this weight loss thing all out, and give it everything I have I had hit that realization....what a frickin waste of time it's been hating my body!

thanks ladies!
Tracy

ilovemike4alwayz
01-28-2007, 06:38 PM
Oh lily once i am happy with myself then my next problem is going to be finding a place to put all the clothes. LOL

lilybelle
01-28-2007, 09:55 PM
Tracy, as long as you stick to the program, the wt. does come off. Sometimes fast, sometimes slow, but it comes off. The key is consistency and persistence. We all have times that we succumb to something we shouldn't. The difference in making it to goal isn't how often this happens, it's in getting right back in gear and not giving up. Just press on and you will get there. It is life and isn't a race to run, but a whole lifetime of doing what makes your body more healthy. You're very close to my starting weight and I definitely know the lbs. will come off. I'm excited for the newness of your coming to Atkins. I know how excited I was when those first lbs. started dropping. I started at 234lbs. and believe me when I hit 199 , I was on cloud 9. I thought I looked awesome in my new size 14's. Even that much wt. off helped my attitude and I wanted to get out more and do more things with my family. My biggest thrill at that time was I had/got to buy some new clothes to wear. My double chin had went down drastically and I actually liked my face for the first time in a long time. There is such a multitude of little things that kept me pressing on. EX. at about the same time I noticed I could paint my own toenails without my tummy in the way and tie my own shoes without being out of breath . Sorry this is long, just wanted you to know that I'm excited for your journey and know that you'll remember it as a positive experience in your life. You will never regret for a minute the foods you didn't eat and feel so proud of yourself.

ilovemike, I completely understand. I could shop all the time now. I now get to throw away my Lane Bryant coupons. (I could give them to my sis that is hateful of my wt. loss, but that would start a family war. LOL). I always hope to someday win the lottery. I'd shop constantly and never look at a price tag again. LOL.

tqvirgo
01-28-2007, 11:28 PM
Thanks Lily!
what a geat pep talk! I was noticing the similarity in our numbers and that's why I wanted to know how it went for you.
You are truly an inspiration. Between the weight loss and the dog poop....wow! ;)
I really appreciate you taking the time to share that with me.

:hug:
Tracy

aud
01-29-2007, 05:15 AM
lilyb must never leave the Atkins forum!!!!!:hug: