South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 09:13 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default Good Talk by THINspirational speaker

This piece in my local paper by Scott Marcus really hit me with truth about losing weight. I hope you will see the truth in it..

If after losing 12 pounds, I have a temporary setback of two pounds, I will see that as validation of what I already "knew"--that I cannot lose weight.

"It was only a matter of time" I'll say to myself. "I knew it couldn't last."

Beliefs influence feelings; therefore defeated and despondent I think, "Why am I wasting my time?"

From thoughts come actions; in this case that would be gettting off the scale, tossing my diet materials in the trash, and deciding to give up for now. I revert to old habits. My losses evaporate, my bulks return.

The final consequence is that my beliefs are again validated and the cycle resumes.

"The reality about weight loss is that it is not a linear downward progression, even for the ultra dedicated and diligent. Rather, it is a learned skill, trail and error. Successful weight loss is actually losing more weight than one gains; down three, up two.

(Picture a stock market chart from a downward Bear market and you get an accurate concept)

Periodic gains are part of the process. I will feel frustrated and saddened by the setback, but shall continue the course, possibly making some corrections. Two pounds are two pounds, resulting actions differ only because underlying beliefs do, What we say to ourselves becomes our beliefs; If they work, they are of value to us. If not, it is vital we change them.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 179/168/145

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the article sis...really hits home.
I love you!
Old 01-21-2007, 09:48 PM   #3  

thanks...there's a lot more in the article but I tried to just give the highlights...

enjoyed the chat. love
Old 01-21-2007, 10:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 218/178/145

Height: 5'8"

Very good post-please-do share if theres more-this is SO TRUE in all aspects of life.
Thanks!
WW
Old 01-21-2007, 10:55 PM   #5  
really4real

S/C/G: 274/236/188

Thanks, lubajo, for sharing. That helped to me to some things into perspective.

Star
Old 01-21-2007, 11:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 326/325/150

Height: 5'7"

Smile Hubby attended seminar

Hi, I am new, today, to posting on the site. I thought I was going to just jump on and look, but I was struck by the posting. My husband just attended a two day seminar on this very subject. He just got home and we talked about it and how I may be able to apply it weight loss. After listening to him, I asked him if he thought it would work for weight loss. He said they covered that too, and yes, it would.

But this seminar was attended by natural pathic doctor's, drug counselor's, chiroprators and massage therapist, all getting CE credits. And of course, the general public. But the entire basis was just this, that if you believe something, you will make it so. You set yourself up even on the subconcious level. That was a major part of the seminar, how to retrain your subconcious thinking, so you stop the negative line of thinking.

At first I was very skeptical, but after researching it and looking more into it, it makes a lot sense. And now with my weight out of control, having done every single thing out there, but maybe change my thought patterns. I have been doing exactly what has been posted, saying, yeah, I messed up, I am done...

The seminar was given by Concious Media Network. They have a book out also, on this called The Missing Peace in your life. I haven't read the book because my husband just brought it home. But I am going to take a look at it.

Sorry to just go on and on, but it was so cool, seeing this very topic we were just discussing and how you really can take control mentally to get the physical changes. It goes with that phrase... worry yourself sick.. you really can, those are all thought patterns.

I was glad to see the topic posted. I read an article in the paper here, about people who get weight loss surgery and how studies show some of them are picking up horrible addictions afterward because they are replacing their food addictions with other ones. Carney Wilson talked about becoming an alcoholic after her surgery because she didn't address the food addiction.

Which goes back to say, it isn't all on the outside of our bodies, there has to be some mental work done too.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:35 PM   #7  

Thumbs up

Scott Marcus is a Thinspirational speaker and author...Since losing 70 lbs, 12 years ago, he conducts speeches, workshops and presentations thoughout the country...We are lucky to have him living here and writing for our local news paper...

Another things he says is...
If I do not believe I can lose "those extra pounds," all forces of Heaven and Earth cannot force success upon me. It matters not the number of "experts" and self-help gurus who ply me with easy-to-follow instructions, exercise plans or medical research...

It is what we say to our selves that become beliefs...

Me: So lets continue to think positive. Lets believe we can lose our excess weight...Each day is a new beginning of stronger and stronger belief that we can do it !
Old 01-22-2007, 06:53 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good stuff! Thanks for posting this.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:04 AM   #9  

Thanks fer sharing ! Tis so true.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:14 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

This is an excellent article, I've saved it to a folder to refer to when I need a good pep talk. Thank you, Lubajo!
Closed Thread