UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-21-2007, 02:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

Default Weight watchers/ Slimming World/ Healthy Eating......

Hi,

It's been ages since I've done a structured eating plan (weight watchers worked but sent me a bit wappy as I started frantically counting everything and I've not tried sw but the concept of free food is a bit like a green light to stuff my face)

I wondered whether any of the plans had changed in the past few years and were in your opinions worth revisiting. I know it's all about calories in and calories out but I'm getting married in 11 months and want to kick start myself. 4lbs off since Xmas is OK but I am trying very hard (or so it seems!!)

Thanks in advance for your help
Clareh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:31 PM   #2  

I'm doing Slimming World and it has changed ever so slightly in the last eight years or so since I went along to a class. There are some new additons to the healthy extras, such as Ryvita mini's, plus you can have either 1 or 2 healthy extra (a's), plus the usual healthy extra (b's).

All in all though it's pretty much the same and the old plan certainly worked for me so if you have it already, I wouldn't think it was urgent to get the new details

I hope you get to where you want to be for your wedding, winter weddings are lovely!
bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:11 AM   #3  

Thanks for that- I know that all of these plans work if you stick to it. I think I'm just eating a bit too much (as I do about 10 hours exercise per week I feel like I need my food)

I'm sure I'll get somewhere near where I want to be for the wedding, but it would be nice to have a quick loss of half a stone or so so I can at least try on dresses and not be too apple shaped!
Old 01-22-2007, 11:39 AM   #4  

I've tried slimming world and WW in the last 12 months. I prefer WW though. I go to one in Warwick!!
sarahgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:30 PM   #5  

Really- which one!?!? Let me know if it's any good!
Old 01-22-2007, 05:36 PM   #6  

At the moment its held at the racecourse on Thursdays at 5.30. After this week though its moving to a church hall on West Street- St mary's i think. the leader is very good, supportive and VERY enthuiastic about everything!! She does have a tendency to make up poems about dieting and read them out every week !
sarahgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:58 AM   #7  

Thanks Sarah Grace. It's great to know that there is such a great sounding group on my doorstep!!

I haven't decided whether I'm going to try and do anything differently yet (apart from eat less and move more) as, like most of us, I know what to do, it's just the practical and emotional side of changing my habits.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:10 AM   #8  

Bits - I guess the mini ryvitas are a helathy b? Do you know how many you can have - I spose a little packet and how many sysns they are?
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 05:05 AM   #9  

Yes, any variety of the small bags (average sort of crisp sized bag) can be taken as a Healthy Extra b. or if you're counting them as syns, they're 5 syns on both days. I really like them
bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:03 AM   #10  

Default Which plan to follow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clareh View Post
Hi,

It's been ages since I've done a structured eating plan (weight watchers worked but sent me a bit wappy as I started frantically counting everything and I've not tried sw but the concept of free food is a bit like a green light to stuff my face)

I wondered whether any of the plans had changed in the past few years and were in your opinions worth revisiting. I know it's all about calories in and calories out but I'm getting married in 11 months and want to kick start myself. 4lbs off since Xmas is OK but I am trying very hard (or so it seems!!)

Thanks in advance for your help

You're right, you do need to follow a plan - to keep you on the straight and narrow - Slimming World encourages healthy eating and there are a few options now on following the diet so you can choose which works best for you - it is easy to stick to with the sin allowance and works well in the long term - a very good tip - whichever plan you choose is to keep a journal of your eating and exercise - it really helps to keep you on track. Also, read up on lots of tips - getting inspiration and motivation to keep going will really help. I've found a great website giving lots of common-sense ideas - it's great to browse when you have some time www.bthin.co.uk
slimmernow is offline   Reply With Quote