100 lb. Club - Weekly Exercise Jan. 21 - 27

View Full Version : Weekly Exercise Jan. 21 - 27

Mrs Quadcrew
01-21-2007, 09:03 AM
I hope it is ok that I start this post! I got out and did my 30 minute walk this morning in the beautiful SNOW!! (our first real snow of the year!) It was so cool walking - no one else had been out in it yet, so it still looks so pristine! (and I hope I burned extra calories in the cold too!!)

GirlyGirlSebas
01-22-2007, 01:00 PM
Hi Mrs. Quadcrew,

You walked in the snow! That is commitment...way to go!

Just finished 60 minutes on the treadmill, plus did the weight machine for the legs. I could tell I havent done my walking for the last three days. Boy, the first 15 minutes were rough!

tqvirgo
01-22-2007, 01:37 PM
Hey Ladies,
my goal for the week is 210 minutes of cardio.
35 minutes down, 175 to go.
I'm working my way up 5 minutes at a time. I will be up to 60 minutes of cardio by March 5th.
keep up the great work!
Tracy

LisaMarie71
01-22-2007, 06:17 PM
yesterday: 2 mile run; 60 min UB/LB strength training; 60 min yoga DVD
today: 4-mile Walk Away the Pounds DVD

JennyWenny
01-22-2007, 06:46 PM
I did 24 minutes on treadmill and then the circuit blew. My treadmill and a guy next to me, came to an abrupt stop. By the time they got it back on, I had lost my momentum and went to the elliptical. Did 12 min. on that.

NESunshine
01-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Alright folks...jumping in here. I've been out of exercise commission for the past week while I've been down with the flu but I did get back into the gym tonight after work and I'm feeling pretty good...I think the exercise is gonna help me get back to 100%
Today I did 20 minutes on the bike and 30 on the elliptical.

dalai_lala
01-22-2007, 09:56 PM
Well, I sort of disappeared from last week's thread... oops! I didn't actually do anything Thursday or Friday, so I made up for that with some cardio on Saturday and a long walk on Sunday.

As for this week, so far I'm one for one. I did my half hour on the elliptical. I actually, and oddly, wanted to do a bit more but I got a pain in the middle of my foot. Or is that just an excuse? Probably...

-Lala

boaterswife
01-22-2007, 10:13 PM
Got up this morning with a runny nose, and I think I've progressed through the day to a full blown head cold....aaachooo! I came downstairs and did my 30 minutes of pyramiding on the elliptical, and in a few minutes I'm gonna keel over into bed....night all!

LostBombera
01-23-2007, 12:33 AM
Evening everyone;

Well I went to a 1 hour yoga class and did my crunches . . . made it an easy Monday, tomorrow is a different story. Plan on 45-60 min on the eliptical machine in the EARLY am, then 10,000 errands to run. tomorrow night a yoga/pilates class . . . Saturday WI is coming . . . I'd love to be in the 180's

Boater'swife . . . hope you're feeling better
Lala; I do the eliptical a lot. I've never gotten a pain in my foot but sometimes it feels like it's going to fall asleep.
Sunshine; glad you're feeling better and you got right back to business, great job.
Jenny; good job for not giving up, even if the machine did.
Lisa; You're going hog wild, but I really like the diversity
Tracy; great plan to increase 5 min a week
Rhonda; you are on fire . . . 60 minutes . . . WOW
Mrs. Quadcrew; I love it outside after a fresh snowfall, especially at night when noone is around and everything is so . . . peaceful, but it's more than that . . .

Everyone have a Terrific Tuesday

nicolen
01-23-2007, 12:58 AM
First day at the gym today - did an hour, so it's a start, right...

I've got a session with the personal trainer on Thursday, so I'm going to be interested to see how that goes...

Mrs Quadcrew
01-23-2007, 09:41 AM
I ave a new found respect for those who live where it snows a lot!! I didn't go out yesterday - all my stuff (gloves, coat, hat, etc.) were still soaking wet from the ATV ride in the snow on Sunday. (I forgot to hang them all up to dry - and thrown in a pile didn't do the job) So I got everything dried and got up at 6:30 to go out for my daily walk - and trudging through 3 day old snow sure is some exercise!!! No one around here shovels their sidewalks, so it was an adventure to get out there this morning!!:D I did it though!!

EnglishMuffin
01-23-2007, 09:44 AM
Yesterday: Did 40 mins of step aerobics (ancient Cher 'A New Attitude' video!) followed by 20 mins of salsa exercise DVD.
Today: 90 minute walk in the icey gale force winds!

EM

tqvirgo
01-23-2007, 10:14 AM
good morning ladies! Just finished my 35 minutes which brings my weekly goal own to 140 minutes remaining.
hope everyone is on track!!!
have a great day
Tracy

NESunshine
01-23-2007, 11:01 AM
alright I'm gonna post this now since I'll get home late tonight...with being out of the gym all together last week my goal this week is to go every day. Last night was all cardio to get me back into the groove... I'm feeling MUCH better today...again still not 100% but pretty close. Tonight I'm going to aim for 40 minutes on the elliptical and 40 on the stair mill (so I can get back to contributing to the virtual climbing challenge I joined) I'm also going to do about 30 minutes of strength training concentrating on arms tonight.

SexyRevealed
01-23-2007, 11:11 AM
WOW, I have a long way to go to catch up to you ladies.

I did a 15 minute WATP. I'm going to add 5 mins tomorrow and slowly work my way back up to 45-60 mins per day.

LisaMarie71
01-23-2007, 08:32 PM
Today I wanted to run on the treadmill at the gym but it was PACKED (New Year's Resolutions, I guess). So instead of just going home and doing nothing, I changed clothes and ran two miles through town! I went a bit too fast, though, I think, because I was HURTING at the end.

Tiffany, you'll catch up in no time. I started out in August with 20 minute walks a few days a week, and now I'm doing 45-60 minute cardio sessions and actually running, which I never thought I would do. Your body will surprise you -- trust me! You'll adapt if you work up to it slowly, and we're here to cheer you on! The WATP tapes/DVDs are great!

luckyducky
01-23-2007, 11:12 PM
I was too lazy to walk outside toady, so, I popped in Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds 3 mile Express, and WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think I work that hard when I am doing my fastest power walk!!! I am really glad I did it though, this way I didn't miss a day of exercising!!! I am really happy about that!!!

SexyRevealed
01-24-2007, 09:17 AM
I did WATP this AM - 20 mins. Starting to feel pretty good. If exercising makes me feel so good (and I know it does), then why wasn't I doing it more often?

tqvirgo
01-24-2007, 10:01 AM
I only did 23 minutes this morning, so I have 12 minutes left. Will do them tonight. 117 minutes left to go.
have a great day
Tracy

GirlyGirlSebas
01-24-2007, 12:44 PM
Just came back from the 'Y.' Did 60 minutes on the treadmill. This is the first time I've actually enjoyed my workout! I felt like I had so much energy today. I hope I get many more days like this one.

LisaMarie71
01-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Today I went to the gym and did 45 minutes on the elliptical and took a 1-hour bodysculpting class. We use weights, resistance bands, squats, lunges, crunches, etc. and it kicks my butt!

nicolen
01-25-2007, 12:49 AM
Gym again today - 35 minutes total on the treadmill, rowing machine and exercise bike.

Five minutes more than Tuesday, so that's gotta be good...

SexyRevealed
01-25-2007, 09:21 AM
I woke up late and didn't get my exercise in this morning. I'm going to try my hardest to do it when I get home.

NESunshine
01-25-2007, 11:58 AM
Alright last night I did 40 minutes on the elliptical, 15 on the stairmill (32 floors towards my virtual climbing challenge) and 30 minutes of weights focusing on arms.
This evening at the gym I plan to do 60 minutes of cardio combining in some fashion the stairmill (at least 40 flights), elliptical and either treadmill or a bike and 30 minutes of weights focusing on legs.
Tomorrow...well its supposed to be a high of 7* here so I'm going to take that as my day not to go to the gym and plan on doing 30-60 minutes of yoga for a nice good stretch and 30 minutes of ab work at home.

rockinrobin
01-25-2007, 12:03 PM
Yesterday did WATP for 26 minutes with the stretchie band, 2 times, one in the am, once in the late afternoon. I also did 2 sets of 90 sit ups and some arm and leg work.

As for today, I've already done 1/2 of what I just wrote up above and plan to do the other 1/2 later, minus the sit ups and LisaMArie has informed me I should be doing them every other day.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Wow, Sunshine and Robin! You two are serious athletes!

Just got back from the 'Y.' Did my 60 minutes on the treadmill. I've been varying the incline and the speed while keeping my heartbeat in the target range for weight loss. I'm amazed at how much easier the workout has become after just one month.

Mrs Quadcrew
01-25-2007, 02:01 PM
I did my 30 minute walk outside this morning - 6:30 am! Where do you all buy the exercise DVD's? I used to have the WATP ones, but they have disappeared. I need to get something to do inside the house!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-25-2007, 03:21 PM
I did my 30 minute walk outside this morning - 6:30 am! Where do you all buy the exercise DVD's? I used to have the WATP ones, but they have disappeared. I need to get something to do inside the house!

Hi Mrs Quadcrew,

I bought my WATP dvd at Walmart. I have the the dvd that includes the 1mile, 2 mile and 3 mile workout.

tqvirgo
01-25-2007, 05:45 PM
Hey ladies
So yesterday and today I did 30 minutes. I've realized that 35 minutes on the bike is too much. I've pulled back to 30 minutes and increased the intensity. I will up my time as soon as the treadmill is set up. So I have 92 minutes left for the week and will have to do some on Sunday, but I'm ok with that.
have a great day
Tracy

rockinrobin
01-25-2007, 05:49 PM

I got mine from ebay. I also have the 1, 2 and 3 mile express with the stretchie band.

Penney
01-25-2007, 06:18 PM
I have been sick since Sunday - so I got my first workout in 4 days. I put in 30 minutes - small amount of cardio and the rest was strength. It did not take much to make me feel like I was put through a wringer..... :lol:

Surprisingly enough though - once I cooled down - I feel sooo much better than I did this morning!

LisaMarie71
01-25-2007, 07:18 PM
Today I did about 45/50 minutes on the treadmill, which amounted to 3.5 miles. I ran for two of those miles. :carrot:

Mrs Quadcrew
01-26-2007, 08:18 AM
Got my 30 minute walk in this morning - dang, was it cold out there! I even wore my balaclava today!

SexyRevealed
01-26-2007, 11:08 AM
Got back on track this AM... 20 mins of WATP... I felt like I could do more but I was running late. Hopefully I'll finish the 2 mile tape this weekened, then it's on to the 3 mile!

rockinrobin
01-26-2007, 11:10 AM
Mrs. quadcrew, what in the world is a balaclava? I'm supposing it's something warm? :?: It's frigid here as well.

I just did the 2 mile brisk walk WATP video and will do it again this afternoon.

Mrs Quadcrew
01-26-2007, 11:18 AM
It is a thing you put over your head, covers your head (and sometimes shoulders depending on which one you buy!) and a hat or helmet fits over top of it. Keeps your head all nice and toasty!! I have mine for when we ride our ATV's in the winter time, but since it is so cold - I got it out and am wearing it when I go for my daily walks now! Here is a link to what they look like Balaclava's (http://www.unwindsystem.com/balaclava.html)

GirlyGirlSebas
01-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Hmmm...I like Baklava.:T Oh! Wait a minute...that's Balaclava? Darn! This looks kinda like a Ninja type thingy!

Just did my 60 minutes on the treadmill. Had a lot of energy again today...wish I could figure out my secret.

Penney
01-26-2007, 08:27 PM
I got in 30 minutes tonight - did a little more cardio than I did yesterday - but I am still so congested that my chest and throat hurt if I go to hard with the cardio, I did do well with strength part though. Maybe by Sunday I will be able to do more cardio........

LisaMarie71
01-26-2007, 09:49 PM
I took a break from cardio today, but still did my 60 minute bodysculpting class at the gym. I got my husband to do it with me! He's very fit, so I think he thought it wouldn't do much for him, but it worked him out pretty well! I think he'll be sore tomorrow!

NESunshine
01-27-2007, 01:56 PM
Yay for lots of gym time on the weekends.
I did 60 minutes on the elliptical, 20 minutes of weights and 30 minutes on the treadmill, walking up hill at a moderate pace.
tired.

LisaMarie71
01-27-2007, 07:56 PM
Today I had my group run with the 10k training team at the Y. We did 2 miles, full of lots of hills, so I was a bit slow but I didn't take any walk breaks. I'm really loving this running thing!

DramaQueenLucy
01-27-2007, 08:28 PM
I am just starting so I am doing good for me any ways I did 10 minutes on the new bike 3 times today. I plan on adding a minute more each day until I have 3 sets of 30 minutes each per day.