Weight Loss Support - How much do breasts weigh?

View Full Version : How much do breasts weigh?

Su-Bee
01-19-2007, 02:45 PM
What a dorky question. But seriously! I have big boobs. When I was at my highest known weight (160), a 36DDD, and at my lowest known weight (122 a few years ago), still a 36D.

So this probably means that if a smaller-chested woman my height and I are in equally good shape, I will still weigh more & have more body fat b/c of the boobs, right? But how much more, all other things being equal, should I expect to weigh than my equally fit, but smaller-chested, sister?

rockinrobin
01-19-2007, 02:51 PM
Ummm, I don't know. Are your thighs the same size, your feet the same size, your midsection the same size, your arms the same size, do your bones weigh the same? Who has longer hair?

I really don't think there's anyway to know the answer to your question. I think you might just have to wait and see. Sorry, I know this was of no help to you. :?:

NemesisClaws
01-19-2007, 02:51 PM
Ever try to lift them onto a scale and weighted it? I did, just for kicks. :) While it was a bit difficult, as they kept slip-sliding around, I think it was between 5-10 pounds there. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it overly much, as everyone is shaped differently. In all honesty, 36D at 120 pounds ain't shabby! I'm a 42DD right now at 185 pounds, and would dearly love to get into the 30's there for bras. Guess it all depends on how much it bugs ya.

LaBonita
01-19-2007, 02:56 PM
LOL...just picturing myself trying to weigh my boobs made me laugh!

srmb60
01-19-2007, 03:02 PM
Or you could try displacement. Weigh a bucket of water then weight the bucket, water and a boob ..... I cannot believe we are having this conversation ....

Clydegirl
01-19-2007, 03:06 PM
Or you could try displacement. Weigh a bucket of water then weight the bucket, water and a boob ..... I cannot believe we are having this conversation ....

Weigh the bucket,water and a boob :rofl: . Now that's funny trying to imagine that.

NemesisClaws
01-19-2007, 03:06 PM
:D Hey, inquiring minds wanna know! :lol:

LostBombera
01-19-2007, 03:19 PM
What the . . . . oh my gatos you all are toooo funny

So to you put the bucket of water on the scale and hang your body over the bucket and dunk your boob in it . . .

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

cupcake84
01-19-2007, 03:21 PM
LMAO ....too funny

Ive tried to weigh mine on a scale, but i dont think it worked out if i remember correctly

srmb60
01-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Re: the bucket? Yup, theoretically, the boob should displace it's weight in the water or do you have to remove water ??? .... Lawdy Lawdy what a thread!

alinnell
01-19-2007, 03:43 PM
ROFLMAO!!!:rofl: :rofl:

I wonder what the guys will say if they happen by here!!!

Karma27
01-19-2007, 03:47 PM
:rofl: I have soooo gotta try that. When I get home my bucket and scale are in for a lovely surprise!!
Inquiring minds want to know.

EZMONEY
01-19-2007, 03:59 PM
ROFLMAO!!!:rofl: :rofl:

I wonder what the guys will say if they happen by here!!!

I just got home from work...saw this thread on the front page...hummm...JUST HAD TO LOOK! You can count me in for "support" :lol:

Buuuuuuutttttttttt.....I ain't sayin' nutin'!............:tape: :tied: :tape: :tied: :tape: :tied: :tape: :tied: :yes::ziplip: :nono: :ziplip:

I know better to get involved here! I would just be :censored:

ennay
01-19-2007, 04:04 PM
when I was pg I weighed them by having dh support them at a neutral position while I weighed...at my peak they were about 5 lbs each (34H/I). But density can vary a lot. Having nursed I can say that my prebaby fairly firm boobs weighed more per "cupsize" than my post weaning floppy boobs. but nowhere near wat rock hard pg boobs weigh.

I was afraid to try it when my milk came in...I spent a couple days as a 36 J/K

ennay
01-19-2007, 04:06 PM
and I would kill to be only a D

Ruthxxx
01-19-2007, 04:09 PM
Well, a friend of mine was about my build and had to have a breast removed. She lost 15 pounds.

As to displacement, wouldn't that be volume rather than weight as the density of the water is different from breast density. You couldn't assume to displaced water was the boob weight.

This is the craziest thread I've seen in all my years of 3FC nuttiness!

Chickies, isn't it nice that EZMONEY is so "supportive". ROFLOLPIMP!

Spinymouse
01-19-2007, 04:16 PM
I don't think the bucket and water thing would work, because you wouldn't be getting the whole weight of your boobs, because they are still attached to you, so you are bearing their weight, not the bucket. You would have to chop them off and then put them in the bucket. To do a simulation, I took a cup of water and put it on our lab balance and weighed it. Then I dangled two mayonnaise packets in it. The weight went up slightly, but not nearly as much as when I let go and dropped them into the glass of water. This is because as long as I was holding them their full weight wasn't being released into the cup.
disclaimer: spinymouse does not recommend the chopping off of ones boobs for experimental purposes.:D

Mel
01-19-2007, 04:17 PM
This is the craziest thread I've seen in all my years of 3FC nuttiness!

Chickies, isn't it nice that EZMONEY is so "supportive". ROFLOLPIMP!

Hahaha! Nooooo, Ruth, I think there's been at LEAST one or two that were crazier...ok folks, it's time for a search through 3FC history: can you find and link a funnier thread? I remember one in the 100 pound club about two years ago....

and I thought Gary was VERY polite! We've had a few guys on here who would have offfered to do the supporting.

Mel

Ruthxxx
01-19-2007, 04:26 PM
Are there prizes?

Ellen
01-19-2007, 04:32 PM
Makes me think of the time Dolly Parton plopped out of her dress. Her comment? That is what happens when you put ten pounds of flour in a five pound sack! I am sure each of mine weighs at least 25 pounds... :s:

Clydegirl
01-19-2007, 04:34 PM
So will someone try and do the bucket and report back :D Just for scientific purposes.

Karma27
01-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Are there prizes?

:rofl::rofl: HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

EZMONEY
01-19-2007, 04:56 PM
Are there prizes?

THE RUMOR I AM STARTING IS THAT THERE WILL BE A BOOBY PRIZE ;)

lilybelle
01-19-2007, 05:03 PM
ROFL, too funny.

I had to juggle mine for experiment sake. I'd say 2 lbs. See, if they could weigh them when they do that ghastly mammogram we'd all know how big our boobies are.

Scaramouche7
01-19-2007, 05:18 PM
Lol....mine are probably less than 1 pound together! Sometimes a 32A is too big for me! It is a random questions.

MileHighMama
01-19-2007, 05:19 PM
Okay, when I was at my heaviest I was a 38DD (probably should have been an E but that's another thread) and was seriously considering breast reduction surgery. Fortunately, I didn't end up doing the surgery and decided to lose weight instead. I know some women don't lose weight in their breasts when they lose weight, but I went down to a 36D. Anyway, during that time, I started hanging out on a breast website (breasthealthonline) and reading a lot about other women's experiences with the surgery and it seems to me that many large busted women who went from, say, a DD or an E to a B or C, had about 500 to 1000 grams removed from each breast. Since one pound = 453 grams, that would be 2 to over 4 pounds of excess tissue in total removed. This isn't very scientific and I don't know if it's accurate, but if they had about that amount of breast tissue left after the surgery, that would mean that two DD or E-size breasts could weigh between 4 and 8 pounds. Does that help?
Pam

alinnell
01-19-2007, 05:59 PM
THE RUMOR I AM STARTING IS THAT THERE WILL BE A BOOBY PRIZE ;)

:yes: Yes, I'm sure it will be! :rofl:

almostheaven
01-19-2007, 06:04 PM
I just gotta say...please don't try the bucket, water, boob experiment on an electric scale. Shocking experience to say the least.

chick_in_the_hat
01-19-2007, 06:39 PM
Ya mean like this? :eek:

Luminous
01-19-2007, 06:40 PM
You're killing me here. :lol3:

Stop it, because I have to pull myself together to go to a scrapbook thing tonight, even though it snowed today. It's pretty nipple out! :yes:

JackieB
01-19-2007, 06:58 PM
I've always wondered myself. I have E cups!! I secretly hope each boob weighs 50 pounds. Then I'd feel better about the overall picture!! :D

buffalosister1
01-19-2007, 07:10 PM
OMG!!! This is so funny. I had a friend put hers up on a scale once. Don't remember her results though. I wonder how much implants weigh. I plan to buy me a set after I hit goal. You see, mine all fell right off with the first 25 pounds. Granted they were not F E or even DD I was just a D Now I am trying real hard to be a C:^: So, do I take a Dr note when I weigh in at my meeting? Ha, ha, ha, I just know if I gain more than two pounds after maintenance with weight watchers, I would pay for meetings again. Lord knows I don't want to shell out any more cash. Between the gym and meetings I am going broke.

Ruthxxx
01-19-2007, 07:21 PM
A titter ran through the crowd!

Nikaia
01-19-2007, 07:45 PM
OMG, I'm so glad I'm not the only person who has apparently wondered this...I've got 38DDDs, and I've often wondered how much I'd lose if they were to disappear. Now I'm considering how I could position my scale in order to weigh my boobs...

EZMONEY
01-19-2007, 07:50 PM
Gary's wife here-
A friend of ours had breast reduction surgery. They took a total of 2 pounds - I guess one pound per boob.
She is now down to a C cup. I think she was DD before.
She even offered Gary before and after feelies. :o

mandalinn82
01-19-2007, 08:11 PM
From MYNIPPON Breast Health Information...

Since it is an integral part of your body, it is somewhat difficult to get an accurate measurement for weight. However, you can get an estimate using a kitchen scale. First, measure the height of the scale. Now stand straight and measure the height of the bottom of your breasts. Now try to find a table/counter etc. that is shorter than this height by the exact height of the scale. You can place books etc. on a counter to get that height. The idea is to put the scale in a way that you can rest your breast on the scale without bending. That way you will not be adding your body weight to it. Since both breasts do not have same weight, you can measure both and then take the average. According to our research, the average breast is about a pound (~450 grams). Please do let us know if you weigh yours; it helps us improve our research.

redlight
01-19-2007, 09:14 PM
There goes my excuse.

ennay
01-19-2007, 10:10 PM
now is this the bottom of the breast where it attaches to the body or where they hang low...lol

1 lb? NO WAY were mine 1 lb when I was preggo, but I guess they werent average either.

3 more years until they will be put in their place!

mimik
01-19-2007, 10:32 PM
i have done this before!!
What i did is put the scale on a table. I then put on a 5 lb weight to make sure it was correct. Then, i sat in a chair and lifted one of my breast and placed it on the scale. One weighed in at 8,5 the other 10lbs. I have 38DD's.

muzikjunky
01-19-2007, 11:09 PM
lmao!! this thread made my night. Hilarious!!! Love it! Thanks!! :rofl:

almostheaven
01-20-2007, 12:30 AM
Gary's wife here-
A friend of ours had breast reduction surgery. They took a total of 2 pounds - I guess one pound per boob.
She is now down to a C cup. I think she was DD before.
She even offered Gary before and after feelies. :o
And I'm dying to know...

Did he take her up on the offer? :D

EZMONEY
01-20-2007, 01:32 AM
And I'm dying to know...

Did he take her up on the offer? :D

What do YOU think??? ;) ;) ;) ;)

rockinrobin
01-20-2007, 03:56 AM
I'm going for a mamorgram on Wed. I think I'll ask the technician what she thinks about the subject. Interesting to see what she'll say. Not sure if she'll know, she's just interested in squishing them. I can hardly weight (wait). But I will definitely ask her.

EZMONEY
01-20-2007, 03:21 PM
honestly Ladies, The Last Two Posts Of Mine Were From Angie. I Showed Her The Thread And She Got A Kick Out Of It. And To Answer Your Question "did I Feel Them?"...well, Yep!...but You Had To Be There, Know The Friend (wild And Very Flirty Of Course) And Know Me And Our Friend's Relationship With Me...first Time We Met Was At A Teacher Christmas Party, Her And Angie Teach At The Same School, She Comes Up From Behind Me, Grabs My Butt And Says "you Must Be Gary"...i Liked Her From The Start!! :d

Now Angie Isn't So Blessed "up There"...but That Is Fine With Me, She Makes Up For It In Other Ways ;) But I Do Have A Boob Story ~ One Day We Were At Home Depot, She Was Pushing The Cart And Was Behind Me While I Checked Out Some Sprinkler Heads. I Was Debating On Picking Up Some Extra Heads But Didn't Really Need Them, As I Was Thinking About It Angie Says "why Don't You Just Grab A Couple."...well, I Just Reached Up And Grabbed Her Boobs...of Course There Was A Lady Walking By....she Just Smiles And Says "wish My Husband Would Do That!"....i Would Say That My Wife Was Embarrased ...but....she Is So Used To My "stupid At Times" Actions That It Doesn't Bother Her Anymore.

susie_sunshine
01-20-2007, 05:01 PM
Well let me tell you.. they dont' seem to weigh that much. I had a breast reduction las year. I went from a 38G/H to a 36D and lost about 5lbs.

almostheaven
01-20-2007, 05:36 PM
Well, at least you didn't grab the ladie's that was walking by. Whew!

LostBombera
01-20-2007, 06:37 PM
:rofl:

You all are toooooooooooooooo much . . . I'll be laughing all night and nobody will understand, they'll just think I'm a little more nuts than usual
. . . is it a full moon??

EZMONEY
01-20-2007, 10:13 PM
Well, at least you didn't grab the ladie's that was walking by. Whew!

HEY ALMOST HEAVEN I MAY NOT PLAY WITH A FULL DECK...BUT...I DO HAVE A COUPLE OF CARDS! :D

almostheaven
01-21-2007, 12:53 AM
It wasn't you playing with a full deck that concerned me. It was you playing with a full chest.

EZMONEY
01-21-2007, 01:11 AM
all I had was two pair

srmb60
01-21-2007, 01:22 AM
Oh my heavens! I got back out of bed for a sore hip and I'm kinda glad I did. This thread was sooo fun!

fatBgone07
01-21-2007, 01:43 PM
I just started reading this thread today. I was sitting in front of the computer eating my oatmeal and laughed so hard I spit my oatmeal onto my computer screen! :barf: Let me tell you - I immediately grabbed one boob and I KNOW it weighs more than a can of green beans! I am hoping and praying that I will lose weight there!

almostheaven
01-21-2007, 11:34 PM
Unfortunately for some of us who weren't blessed with double sized double barrelled slingshot fillers, and managed to eek by on a single D alone...they were the first things to go. ::sniff sniff:: I'd be lucky to get a pound out of mine.

EZMONEY
01-22-2007, 12:20 AM
Sounds Better Than My Mom's....my Dad Always Said She Had 2 Fried Eggs

ennay
01-22-2007, 01:05 AM
Unfortunately for some of us who weren't blessed with double sized double barrelled slingshot fillers, and managed to eek by on a single D alone...they were the first things to go. ::sniff sniff:: I'd be lucky to get a pound out of mine.

trade ya...

redlight
01-22-2007, 02:01 AM
a D is plenty!

mandalinn82
01-22-2007, 03:00 AM
Try being, at your heaviest, an A on one side and a B (barely) on the other. The good news - I've lost 100 lbs and and they haven't changed a bit. The bad - I didn't have boobs even when I was heavy!

sweet_talker
01-22-2007, 04:22 AM
:lol: you guys are all ridiculous!!

srmb60
01-22-2007, 06:31 AM
I just realised that this thread is in the 'support' forum.

wannabsexy
01-22-2007, 07:57 AM
I would kill to even be a C. Even at my heaviest 260 I was only a 42B. Now I'm a 38B, and in all actuality there is more padding in my bra then boob.

almostheaven
01-22-2007, 09:24 PM
a D is plenty!
No no no! "They were the first things to go." They WERE a D. Now they float between a B and C. They were actually a B before the pregnancy and breast feeding. Then they went up to a C. I haven't entirely stopped breast feeding but just once a night now, and they're a "nearly C".

EZMONEY
01-22-2007, 10:11 PM
A~b~c~d...I Feel Like I'm Back In School!

redlight
01-22-2007, 10:45 PM
I would be happy to lose some from there. I'm a large D now, and would love to be a C.

EZMONEY
01-22-2007, 11:01 PM
A~b~c~d...I Feel Like I'm Back In School!

I'M SORRY FOR BEING SO CHILDISH ~ I'M REALLY HERE TO SUPPORT AND UP-LIFT YOU GALS :hug:

almostheaven
01-22-2007, 11:40 PM
Hmmm, methinks Gary's been hanging out in the lingerie section too long.

EZMONEY
01-22-2007, 11:49 PM
Clarify Too Long........

Beach Patrol
01-23-2007, 02:42 PM
Well... lemme see... they say the human head weighs 6-8 pounds.

Anybody got a boob the size of a human head? :rofl:

Not that this is the most important thing in the world... But it IS udderly fascinating! So please, somebody keep us abreast of the situation! :dizzy:

almostheaven
01-23-2007, 03:17 PM
Clarify Too Long........
Oh no no no! Just the subject of breasts has caused all this. Ain't nooooooooo way we're getting started on length.

Beach Patrol
01-23-2007, 03:37 PM
Oh no no no! Just the subject of breasts has caused all this. Ain't nooooooooo way we're getting started on length.

LOL!!!! My best friend, who is EXTREMELY well endowed, we laugh & joke that "someday" her boobs will be laying in her lap... then we say "Well, at least her grandchildren will have something to swing on!" :D :D :carrot:

rockinrobin
01-23-2007, 03:41 PM
I'm thinking Almostheaven wasn't talking about boob length. I'm thinking she was talking about a different length. Like nothing to do with a woman at all, ;) I could be wrong.

EZMONEY
01-23-2007, 09:25 PM
I AGREE ROCKINROBIN ~ I THINK ALMOST"HEAVEN" HAS A :devil: MIND ;)

BEACH PATROL YOU ARE :crazy: :rofl: :crazy:

mandalinn82
01-23-2007, 09:30 PM
Ya'll are OUT OF CONTROL.

almostheaven
01-23-2007, 11:29 PM
I AGREE ROCKINROBIN ~ I THINK ALMOST"HEAVEN" HAS A :devil: MIND ;)

Hey! I'm not the one grabbing strange....well you know. Oh, that's right, it was your wife's you grabbed. You just did it in front of strangers. Got it. :D

EZMONEY
01-23-2007, 11:34 PM
How Do You Think I Met My Wife?

almostheaven
01-24-2007, 12:00 AM
How do you think I met my husband? :D :D :D

ennay
01-24-2007, 12:35 AM
Well... lemme see... they say the human head weighs 6-8 pounds.

Anybody got a boob the size of a human head? :rofl:

Not that this is the most important thing in the world... But it IS udderly fascinating! So please, somebody keep us abreast of the situation! :dizzy:

when my milk came in it was close, and definitey bigger than HIS head.

cbmare
01-24-2007, 04:06 PM
I'm going for a mamorgram on Wed. I think I'll ask the technician what she thinks about the subject. Interesting to see what she'll say. Not sure if she'll know, she's just interested in squishing them. I can hardly weight (wait). But I will definitely ask her.

Inquiring minds want to know.

rockinrobin
01-24-2007, 04:19 PM
Oh man, I completely forgot to ask her. And she was soooo nice and we got to talking about my weightloss and oh well darn. Sorry. I'll be back next year for my annual boob squishing. I'm sure I'll remember then. Yeah, right. :dizzy:

NESunshine
01-24-2007, 04:26 PM
this thread is hysterical. My hall mates and I tried weighing them freshman year in college. It was funny cause there was me with the DDD's .... I believe it appeared to be about 8lbs...but who know how accurate that is. My skinny roommate was sad cause she really had nothing to put on the scale....she was basically president of our buildings 'itty bitty titty committee' .... she was a lovely size 0-2 and practically still in a training bra and up against the well endowed ladies that made up the rest of our hallway!.....it was too funny when we were all doing that....I believe it was a part of a girls night in with lots of umbrella drinks involved.

Ruthxxx
01-24-2007, 04:42 PM
Darnit! I had my mammo this morning and forgot to ask too!

la3y_un1c0rn_37
01-24-2007, 11:06 PM
If you realy need to know go get fitted for a bra....I had a boob job to bring "the girls" back under control...lol the lady told me but I forgot....I had about 2 lbs taking off of both....I am now a D and loveing it!

choirgirlhotel
01-25-2007, 12:11 AM
Okay, when I was at my heaviest I was a 38DD (probably should have been an E but that's another thread) and was seriously considering breast reduction surgery. Fortunately, I didn't end up doing the surgery and decided to lose weight instead. I know some women don't lose weight in their breasts when they lose weight, but I went down to a 36D.
Pam

Wow, this post made me hopeful. At my highest weight (202) I was also 38 DD. I am 155 lb now and still have 36 DD. I am hoping when I get to my goal they won't be ANY LESS than 36 D. I still want to keep them!!

So hopefully I'll be like you and keep them! ;-)

oh, and me and my aunt and mom weighed our boobs one time, and they were about 2 lb each.

crazynette826
01-27-2007, 09:48 AM
I so needed this tonight. This thread is so funny!!! I haven't laughed this hard for a while! Just for kicks I might need to go weigh mine! I'll let you know if I do.

improbable
01-27-2007, 07:03 PM
My good friend just went from a DD/E to a moderate B, and it was about eight pounds, if that helps anyone :)