Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 02:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 119/115/104

Height: 5'1''

Question Is the Wendie Plan for me?

I have been reading a lot on this site about the Wendie Plan. It's very intriguing and I would like to give it a shot. Before I try it, I do have some questions.
Does the Wendie Plan work better if you have a lot of weight to lose? I really only need to 10-12 lbs and I will admit, most of those are vanity pounds. (hey, I'm only 21 if I can't have a hot body now, when can I? ) This however does not mean that losing weight is easy by any means. I lost about 12 lbs on regular WW before but I'll also admit that I went under my points pretty consistently. Terrible, I know
I started getting back into WW again a couple weeks ago and I've seen some weight loss on the scale but I don't feel any different (like my pants don't feel any looser etc.) so I think it's mostly water weight. I'm very interested in this Wendy Plan and I definitely DON'T want to go back to undereating. If I'm going to lose I really want to do it in a healthy way this time. It seems a lot of people have had success with the Wendy Plan but has anybody had an opposite reaction? I would really like to hear some feeback from people who know about or have tried it.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/217/150

Height: 5'6.5"

ejenk,
There will always be someone who does not do good on a certain plan while others do very well. I started doing Wendie plan before I started weight watchers. I have always had good results with it. I went from 245 to 210 with it and then kind of went off plan. I am not back on weight watchers and as soon as I get back in the swing of it, I will be going back to the Wendie plan.

Wendie plan is a version of the flex where your 35 weekly points have already been distributed during the week for you. With out going and doing the math, I think there is all by 8 points used. I never found that I needed more points, but you can still use them extra ones if you needed to. Listen to your body to know. You can also earn Activity Points.

What could be bad about it, Of Course, You should follow the Weight watchers healthy eating guidelines, exercise and follow you points and you will lose weight.

The only way to know if it will work for you is to try it. If for some reason it does not work for you, go back to basic Flex. It is up to you.

Hope this helps.

There is a thread under the WW General catergory if you want to go check that out. These girls are doing well with it.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102020

Check it out.
Wendy
Old 01-19-2007, 09:45 AM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

While I love Wendi her concept is no different other than assigning days when you use minimum or have a super high point day than Flex is designed to do.

She just thought it up before W/W did. LOL! She started back with range and we could bank what we didn't use from min to max and she set days for minimum through super high.

I think it can work for everyone unless you truly cannot use all the points W/W gives us to use.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:08 PM   #4  
One Martini at a Time...

Kelly's right, but the benefit to the Wendi plan is that is shakes up your metabolism by not eating the same amount every day. That kickstarts your engine, and helps you burn more calories.

Actually, the idea has been around for years. Read anything about "super metabolism" and it's basically the same idea sans points.

Personally, I love it because I have consistant losses every week. If I stick to my target points every day or use the same amount of flex points in a day, my body gets used to those calories and stops losing weight.

Good luck!
Old 01-20-2007, 12:16 PM   #5  

Yeah; I want to chime in here, 'cause I have/had the same questions when i started Wendie-ing--has anybody had a "bad" experience with it? Well, if anyone has, I haven't found any evidence of it yet--and I regularly post or visit 3 different message boards with Wendie-ers participating! My own experience has been really positive, too--I have steadily and slowly lost while varying my points. And for me, that is a very big deal, indeed--I tend to hit plateaus early and HARD! So far, Wendie-ing has kept me from getting hung up and stuck there. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and I'm continuing to change up what and how much I eat.
Closed Thread