UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 01-18-2007, 02:54 AM   #1  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Default Easter Chicks Weigh In Thread - End of Week 2

The end of week 2 - and its not going so well for me.

I've lost one solitary pound this week. I know why, though - its my own fault and I completely acknowledge that. I've felt a bit down in the dumps so I just haven't been trying.... I've been Little Miss Perfect during the day - sticking to my pre-planned menu and calories but I've been giving in to the Snackies in the evenings - and its gotta STOP.

*Quick slap administered to upside of head* Thats better!

This weigh in has shaken me a bit - I really did think that last couple of Christmas pounds would be gone this week - sooooooooo...... I'm going to have a veggie de-tox day today - and then make myself a promise to stick to the RC Kick Start for another week - but no drifting this time.

How's everyone else doing?????

and to everyone!
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:42 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I am down a measly QUARTER OF A POUND!

huff

I think I haven't been getting my fruit and veggies in, and I haven't been drinking that much water yesterday or day before. Plus I ate a whole packet of pink wafer biscuits yesterday (but managed to stay under calories) so I didn't exactly have a clean eating day... Must try harder! No more chocolate!

I am pondering a pondering... I've looked back in my diary to when I was a light little waif of a thing at 11st 10lbs / 11stone 8.5lbs and I was zig-zagging calories and running for 30mins once or twice a week, doing weights about twice sometimes three times a week and doing what I do now at kickboxing. Now I'm lifting 4 times a week (heavier but about the same volume) doing all the same kickboxing and the occassional 10mins intervals on bike/elliptical. I think I might add some running in. I can get a bit in on Tues afternoon and there's one weights day that is really really short, so I can get about half an hour in on the treadmill in the gym Let's see how that goes...

Last edited by 2frustrated; 01-18-2007 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Pondering
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:34 AM   #3  

oh... same for me..... ive been eating not so gd tho... having puddings that we dont normally have etc.... and with getting my presenation for interview done .. didnt get in as much exercise as the week before... so off for massage today n sort out the study & then out to the gym later to spinning...

& im going to start writting it all down again.... cant "forget" then....
lou1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:06 AM   #4  

I stayed the same too, I'm actually ok with that due to the birthday festive eating I've been doing.

Ready to get serious though I'm still up a few lbs from before Christmas and they need to go.

Sarah, I hope you feel better soon, sorry that your feeling sad
redsoxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:27 AM   #5  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

I'm up half a pound. I was expecting that.

Need to get serious.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:47 AM   #6  
Consistency + Balance

Looks like we're all in the same boat.

I seem to have lost my - I think it left the building during last weekend and hasn't been seen since. Its gotta be hiding around here somewhere...

I'm half way through my veggie detox day and I'm trying to work out why I don't do detox days more often cos I the food - I know it isn't nutritionally balanced but its soooo tasty.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:01 AM   #7  
One pound at a time.

Sarah how many calories do you have on your detox day? And what do you eat?
Old 01-18-2007, 09:28 AM   #8  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Sarah, Frus - at least you girls are losing something! I take a loss as a loss.

I've been very "meh" this week. I've eaten well most of the week but yesterday (what is it about Wednesday's?!) I ate lunch and dinner out and ate not so good so if I'm up again on Monday I know why and will not be whining about it this week.

Today I'm back on track I had the best fruit smoothie for breakfast, such a nice break from oatmeal.

Got more to post but it's looking a bit long so will head over to the chat thread and spam there .
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:38 AM   #9  

I must buy some scales. I need to go out to Boots to weigh in the wind.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:46 AM   #10  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Well done Sarah and Jen on those little losses, but losses nonetheless....brill work both of you.

for the rest of us who haven't lost, I'm one of those also, but at least it's not a gain....although, here I am two weeks into the challenge showing no losses and one gain.......could everyone please send a big over my way.... thanks in advance girlies....
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:01 AM   #11  
One pound at a time.

Here you go Chris

I need one too. We can do this.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:09 AM   #12  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Here you go Chris . I've gained for the first couple weeks of this challenge too, wayhay!
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 10:10 AM   #13  
Consistency + Balance

CG - I don't really count the calories on one of my detox days - the rule I've made myself is that I have to stick to colourful fruit and veg and one teaspoon of 'healthy oil'. Drinks should be plain water or fruit/herbal teas. I ONLY do it for one day at a time because I know its not balanced but it IS *polite cough* very..... 'cleansing'.

Every time I've done this the meals have been different (i.e. veg stir fry at lunch time instead of salad) but today's meals are/have been:

First thing: Mug of hot water with slice of lemon

Brekkie: About three quarters of a 500g bag of frozen mixed berries probably about 12 ounces (if I was using fresh I'd probably use half that weight) nuke defrosted, mash them a bit then add a chopped pear and chopped apple and eat warm

Mid morning (1): Half a red grapefruit

Mid morning (2): Rather a lot (about 2 cups) of red grapes

Lunch: BIG plate covered with spinach, watercress and lambs lettuce, dressed with fresh lime juice and a little finely chopped green chilli. Topped with sliced red onion, red pepper, and one of those BIG tomatoes, a few bits of chopped up pineapple (to add a sweet edge) and a sliced avocado. (I also ate about half a dozen olives while I was getting lunch ready.)

Mid Afternoon: (1) The other half of the grapefruit

Mid Afternoon: (2) A mango (I had planned cherries but they are ASTRONOMICALLY expensive at the moment!)

While preparing dinner: Fresh juiced carrots & tomato with a tiny bit of chilli thrown in to liven it up a bit.

Dinner: Big plateful of dry roast (baked) mixed veg: red onion, aubergine, courgette, red pepper, pumpkin, fennel, parsnip and cherry tomatoes served with a triple helping of steamed spinach with one teaspoon of sesame oil drizzled over.

Dessert: Fresh pineapple and strawberries

Evening Snack: Banana

Probably the hardest thing is the drinks - I really miss my morning coffee and afternoon tea. Today I've been mainly drinking Twinings Cherry & Cinnamon tea although I'll switch to the camomile/vanilla one this evening.

Last edited by Sarah Ann; 01-18-2007 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:24 AM   #14  
One pound at a time.

Wow Sarah some good ideas there. I do get stuck in a rut with what I eat. Need some variation.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:30 AM   #15  
Consistency + Balance

CG - I sometimes feel like that - but since I started this way of eating I make a point of cooking at least one new-to-me meal each week. Some of them have been awful but mostly they have been good and a couple have been absolutely wonderful. I use AllRecipes and the BBC Food website to get most of my ideas (plus, of course, the recipes I get from the other UK Chicks)

If someone gets a fit on 'em and decides to work out my calories - PLEASE don't tell me - I'm happy living in ignorance.