Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2001, 06:47 AM   #1  
Seeking God's Gold

Angry Christian Encouragers #123

If you're looking for a wonderful thread of Christian believers that share the Word of God and prayer with each other as they go forth as soldiers of the war against fat...........come join us.
Old 10-15-2001, 07:02 AM   #2  
Seeking God's Gold

Angry Good Monday Morning!

Good Monday Morning to All!

How is everyone this wonderful day? I hope doing well and OP. Today is the beginning of a new week and I have taken this opportunity to rededicate myself to losing weight. For some reason lately I have been emotional eating a little more than normal but God is gonna help with that. It feels so good to be able to talk to Him about this and know that HE understands and is there for me. If I would just lean on HIM a little more than I do. I'm working on that.

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful day and that this week we can all get a handle on this losing thing and not try to "diet" but learn how to eat. Today is my first day back to work since my heart cath. It will be a long one and I may be too tired to check in tonight. But I will as soon as I can.

May God Bless each and every one of you and I pray that He will bless our wonderful country. I pray that He will continue to be with those hurting, those making decisions for our country, those representing our country in this battle, those families effected, and each and every one of us as we go forth today and every day trying to lead a normal life and help us to be strong. Amen.

Keep looking up!!!!
Old 10-15-2001, 10:11 AM   #3  
Quit counting at 45!

Good Morning! It's a cool, crisp, clear day here. Winter is definitely on it's way! Oh well, it has to happen.

Today is also a new beginning for me. I have been eating poorly and haven't been exercising at all. I got a copy of the WW quick start diet and I'm going to try it. Maybe it will be the kick start that I need. Please pray for me!!

Eyore's Sun: I hope your first day at work goes well for you. Take care of yourself! I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who is starting over again. Let's do this! How much have you got to lose. I have approx 20-30 to go.

Have a wonderful day!!!
Old 10-15-2001, 09:29 PM   #4  
Seeking God's Gold

Angry Monday evening

Good Evening Friends!!!!

How is everyone this crisp cool evening. Here in central Texas we are having wind gusts around 30 mph and are in the middle of a sand storm. I read online the other day that even Mars was having a dust storm. Who really cares?!?

Wilma ~ My day went pretty well but very busy and hectic. What would you expect from a Monday anyway? I did horrible on my eating! Lunch was brought to me (Greasy cheeseburger and fries) and ended up having turkey, dressing and gravy for supper. I was sooooo tired I had already eaten before I gave the first thought to going lite on the dressing and gravy and heavier on the turkey. Normally turkey would be the only thing allowed in that line up but I must have had a senior moment. I am 40 you know! Oh, well, tomorrow is another day. I have at least 130lbs to lose. But any weight loss would be good.

Patti, Shelley, Janie, Jamie, Patricia, Sami, Geri~ Where are you all???? We certainly miss you all. Please come back to us real soon. And don't pull a Sherry and read but not post!!

Hope everyone has a good evening and a good Tuesday!!!! Look forward to hearing from you all. How are we gonna support each other if we aren't posting??
Old 10-15-2001, 09:33 PM   #5  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Prayer needed.....

Hello my wonderful Christian Friends ~ sorry I've been gone for so long but I'm having a rough time. I am here to ask you all for prayer.....(and I promise, I will not stay away)....prayer for my eating and health. Here we all are, on a wonderful board with this wonderful inspiring thread of Christians and all for the assistance and help for us all to eat healthy and to lose the extra pounds that we have accumulated over the years. So here I sit, needing to lose 30 more pounds..(I say "more" because I really have lost some weight)....I say 30 because I've been too chicken to get on the scale lately......ok, so I sit here needing to lose 'approximately' 30 'more' pounds and today, as I was eating my fries in the car, on the way back to work from Wendy's, I'm thinking...."I have absolutely no desire to diet!" Is that scary or what??? I have NO DESIRE TO DIET and I need to! <sigh> I eat and eat with no care about it, like a thin person trying to gain a few pounds. I have fast food for lunch and think, ok Patti, there is no reason for you to have a big dinner since Greg is out of town.....so what do I do? I go to a fast food place and get dinner, no regard what-so-ever for the fact that I am seriously hurting this wonderful temple that God has so trustingly left in my care......so my friends, please pray for me in this. I thank you all so very, very much.
Old 10-15-2001, 10:37 PM   #6  

Default Canadian Weigh in day!

I'm still here!
Start 198.6/178/ Aiming for 130?

Finally lost those 3 lbs. that jumped back on the ole butt.
Proud of those two, 10 lb. ribbons adourning the fridge but this plateau/frustration is getting to me. How to keep motivated?
Funny thing, the old clothes hang on the body but the scales aren't moving.( 20 lbs. not a lot after 15weeks)

Glad to see your all, still here. Christian woman praising and worshipping God.

Southern Ontario Joanne reports we're finally getting rain, at long last. The colours around the Niagara Peninsual are Awesome. God paints a beautiful fall picture out our back door. Life on the farm is "frisky" with cooler temperatures. Classy (horse) is acting like a young filly running and chasing our pup Clyde through every puddle the grandkids/babysitting jobs haven't emptied.
I'm not sure what's more enjoyable watching the animals at play or the kids? God is good! The terrorists can not take this away, not ever!!!!

Greetings everyone from down on the hobby farm.
God Bless!

Sister Joanne
Good Luck Girls we can do this!!!!
Nothing Tastes as Good, as THIN FEELS/
Old 10-16-2001, 07:16 AM   #7  
Seeking God's Gold

Angry Tuesday morning

Good Tuesday Morning to All!!!!

How is everyone this very crisp (looking more like winter) morning? It's a little breezy here in the low 40's and BRRR! I love fall but could skip right on to Spring. In a few more weeks I won't be able to get warm till spring.

Patti~ Oh, Patti, welcome back!!! I have for one missed you greatly and was really becoming worried about you. I understand exactly where you are coming from 'cause I have been in that valley for a year now and even some days now, I think, "What is the use?" But Patti, we are here for you and will definitely be praying for you each and every day!! You are very special and I'm here for you. Now, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get your butt in gear! (Sorry, but I would expect you to do the same for me.) YOU are the ONLY one that can do anything for YOU!

Joanne~Well, hello, and welcome back!! Aren't God's wonderful colors of fall absolutely beautiful!!!! I recently got a web picture off webshots of a breathtaking picture taken in Canada of the top of a cliff and the valley beside it spilled into a body of water in the fall with brillant yellows, oranges, reds and greens. Oh.....the power of GOD!!! Congratulations on the 3lbs!!! And even though you are on a plateau, you body is obviously readjusting and will soon be dropping more lbs. Hang tight!!!!

Still waiting on everyone else that's MIA!!!!!!

Hope everyone has a GREAT Tuesday!!!!! Let GOD be in control!!!! Don't let the 'ole have reason to smile today!!! We have to stay strong for EACH OTHER!!!!!!!
Old 10-16-2001, 10:48 AM   #8  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

I did it! I actually made it through the 1st day! I did have some rice at supper but I did leave the chocolate cake alone. Two more days of quick start and then it's doing points. I really want to be down to my goal by Christmas. I am realistic though and would just like to be down over 10 lbs. by then.

I would love to be able to go shopping for new clothes at Christmas. We're going to Calgary and I know there will be some great sales.

Eyore's Sun: Don't knock yourself out about eating too much last night. What's important is that you learn from it and get up and go again. You can do it! I was watching a show called "Taking It Off" about a group of 8 people who were struggling with their weight. One man lost 90 lbs. in 6 months. They showed him shopping for "real clothes" in a store and how good that felt. He lost by controlling his food and keeping active. I thought it was great. He still had 100 lbs. to go but he was well on his way.

Zoe: I know exactly how you feel about not wanting to eat properly. I have really struggled with it the past few weeks. Eventually it came down to whether I wanted to gain it all back and be unhealthy or lose the rest and be healthy. My lipids have been going down with the weight I lose and that should be incentive enough. We have approx. the same amount to lose. Let's do it together! I'll keep on your case and you keep on mine. I usually need a kick every once in a while!

Hi to Gutchie and everyone else. Come back! We miss you and need you.

Last night, my DH walked into the room when I was on this sight and he thought it was pretty cool that we have this site for support. Let's not give up!!

Have a wonderful day!!
Old 10-16-2001, 08:16 PM   #9  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Evening!

Hello my friends ~ ~ I pray that you all are doing well and basking in God's grace and glory. Tomorrow is Wednesday, mid-week....yeah! Oh how I wish my life away waiting for the weekends to come.

Today I got up the nerve to get on the scale for my "starting over again" day. To my surprise and all in the name of Jesus wonderful name, it wasn't as bad as I thought. As a matter of fact, it was actually DOWN 2.5 lbs from last week. Amazing, huh? How awesome our God is. But, in reality, it's about 6 pounds up from a few weeks ago but I am thanking God because normally, when I go on these 'binges', I can gain 10 or 15 pounds so I am thanking God today.

Our company Christmas party is the first week in December and I really would love to lose 15 pounds by then. I know I can do it. I lose so easily.....a strange thing to say because if I do, why am I not SKINNY???

Joanne ~ welcome back. You sound like you're going will with your weight loss......even with your few "ups".

Hi Sherry and Wilma ~ thanks so much for both of your words of encouragement. I really appreciate it. I am going to be A-OK

In Christ,
Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas
Old 10-17-2001, 06:54 AM   #10  
Seeking God's Gold

Angry Wednesday morning

Good Morning Wonderful People!!!!! How is everyone this morning?????

Yesterday I did pretty good for the whole day. But, somehow, I couldn't get my water in so that is my goal today to work on downing that water! But it is really hard when the weather is on the cold outside. I have been SO busy since I have gone back to work! I'm still a little weak from "resting" for 10 days so my days have seemed worse then they probably are. But I'm trying to get as many visits in this week as I can since my paycheck will be w-a-y short without last week. Last night, I was so tired I even got my dh and dd to clean up the kitchen and I went to bed. THAT was different.

Patti~ SEE, and you doubted the power of God!!!! Aren't we bad sometimes doubting God's wonderful power and grace??? I'm going to have to work on that myself. But Congratulations on the loss!!! Any loss is a move in the right direction. Weigh to go!

Hello to EVERYONE!!!!! We MISS YOU!!!! Hope everyone has a GREAT Humpday!!!!! Talk atcha later!!!
Old 10-17-2001, 10:06 AM   #11  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

Hi! I made it through Day 2. The only thing I did extra was eat more cauliflower than I should have and I did melt 1 oz of cheese on that. I'm looking forward to weigh in on Monday. I do need to get out and walk more. I'm doing well with the water and am doing some ab work each eveing.

We had our Care Group Bible Study last night. We're doing the book "Real Life Real Worship" by Tony Beckett. It's really good. We're learning that our whole life should be a worship to God not just the one hour on Sunday morning. I'm really enjoying it.

I hope everyone is doing well and off to a good start today.

ZOE: This is your check up call!! How are you doing?

Have a super day!
Old 10-17-2001, 10:54 PM   #12  
Faith in Him

Height: 5' 9"

Default For Everyone!

Hey all! God bless you and I am praying for each one of you!
Patti I posted in the last message a great help that I have found in a pray to God about eating. I posted that prayer in my truck, in my home, and at work. I pray you are doing better. I know we all get in that funk...and it is nothing but Satan pulling us down and us letting him...and ooo that frustrates me when I let that happen....it almost seems the easy way out...and the road ahead is too hard..or to steep....but oh isn't the prize worth the struggle!! I know there are days I want to give up and give in, and have....but I call on Jesus......and I am learning to fully trust him and Fully Rely On God (FROG). Here is two posts from my other support group that I wanted to share with you wonderful ladies. I hope it helps and you get a message from them as I did.

Love in Christ,
Jamie
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
LOOK UP

If you put a buzzard in a pen six or eight feet square and entirely open
at the top, the bird, in spite of his ability to fly, will be an
absolute prisoner. The reason is that a buzzard always begins a flight
from the ground with a run of ten or twelve feet. Without space to run,
as is his habit, he will not even attempt to fly, but will remain a
prisoner for life in a small jail with no top.

The ordinary bat that flies around at night, a remarkable nimble
creature in the air, cannot take off from a level place. If it is placed
on the floor or flat ground, all it can do is shuffle about helplessly
and, no doubt, painfully, until it reaches some slight elevation from
which it can throw itself into the air. Then, at once, it takes off like
a flash.

A Bumblebee if dropped into an open tumbler will be there until it dies,
unless it is taken out. It never sees the means of escape at the top,
but persists in trying to find some way out through the sides near the
bottom. It will seek a way where none exists, until it completely
destroys itself.

In many ways, there are lots of people like the buzzard, the bat and the
bee. They are struggling about with all their problems and frustrations,
not realizing that the answer is right there "above" them.

-- Author Unknown

GUIDANCE

When I meditated on the word guidance, I kept seeing "dance" at the end
of the word. I remember reading that doing God's will is a lot like
dancing. When two people try to lead, nothing feels right. The movement
doesn't flow with the music, and everything is quite uncomfortable and
jerky.

When one person relaxes and lets the other lead, both bodies begin to
flow with the music. One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the
back or by pressing lightly in one direction or another. It's as if two
become one body, moving beautifully. The dance takes surrender,
willingness, and attentiveness from one person and gentle guidance and
skill from the other.

My eyes drew back to the word guidance. When I saw "G," I thought of
God, followed by "u" and "i." God, "u" and "I" dance. God, you, and I
dance. This statement is what guidance means to me.

As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust that I would get
guidance about my life.

Once again, I became willing to let God lead.

-- Author Unknown

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Old 10-19-2001, 09:17 PM   #13  

Default HELP

DS has brought "Halloween" candy into his mother's fridge!
The fridge is calling me!!!! I never buy sweets that I like, therefore, am not tempted. DS is going to have to hide this chocolate speaking to me.

I've been bad. Taco Bell pulled our auto into its driveway, couldn't be stopped. Blew that days points, fighting to get back in the saddle. I beat myself up every time I blow a day.
Why does junk food taste so much better than healthy food?
Well, todays been a good day on points but wishing the Oh Henry would quit calling. No, I can not have just one, the whole bag is speaking to me. ( Is it ok if there little bars? hahahahah)

As you can see girls I use "humour" to get through life's trials.
Of course I lean on our Saviour first!
I'm thrilled to announce that my DH has began to read the Bible.
He is beginning his "walk"! His family fell away from God and worship when he was young, he's not known God. He's full of questions, and is thrilled at the discoveries he's learning of.
He's as a Child full of wonder. Keep on praying girls we may just have a Baptism one of these days. ( Oh how I've prayed for that).
God is GREAT !

I'm heading off to bed, a good ole Canadian cold bug has this ole girl down. Talk soon. God Bless each of you.

Sister Joanne
Old 10-20-2001, 09:59 AM   #14  
Seeking God's Gold

Angry Saturday morning

Good Saturday morning to all!!!!!!

How is everyone today? Sorry I haven't been here in a few days but work has taken nearly every waking hour. But I'm off the weekend. Thank you Lord!!!!! My eating has been fair but two things have happened since I talked with you last. 1. All of a sudden my body is retaining LOTS of fluid, don't know if my new med is causing it or something else. 2. I took a long walk off our short porch. I'm swollen from that, twisted my right ankle and landed on a large rock just below my left knee. And I still haven't slowed down but I am today. I tried to see my DR yesterday cause the left leg is swelling so much that it's effecting the sciatic nerve and making my lower leg burn and tingle. But for third time he is all booked up and couldn't see me. I think another DR I shall find. (He is my primary, so I have to see him)

WILMA~ Good for you. A little extra cauliflower shouldn't hurt you if it's plain. Weigh to go!!!!

JAMIE~ Thanks for sharing those thoughts, etc. They really make you think. And as far as guidance, wow, what a thing to think about! Thank you so much!!!

JOANNE~ I thought I was the only one that bought cookies and candy that I didn't like for the kiddos. LOL I understand about it 'calllllllliiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg' your name. It does me the same way. And so do the fast food drive ins. Yesterday I had a meeting to go to 35 miles away. I didn't have time to eat lunch before and as I was driving there every place I drive pass seem to sing my name. I didn't stop though and I was so proud of me. Then during the meeting someone brought a whole basket FULL of candy bars (mini) and passed it around. I was starving so I took one. And again, I thought I did well. But before I left, I was walking by the basket on a table and this hand I have never seem before just reached out and put one of those candy bars in my pocket. I hope that hand goes back to where ever it came from. I don't need any extra help. LOL

Hope everyone has a GOOD weekend!!!! And I would love to see those MIA returning. I miss everyone SOOOO much. Please poke your head in and say hello. PLEASE!!!! Talk atcha later.
Old 10-20-2001, 05:55 PM   #15  
Faith in Him

Height: 5' 9"

Hey Ladies! I pray that the week has been blessed and that the Lord has been a strength and comfort for each of you. Oh how He longs for us to cling to Him through all things, not just in the Happy times but the Struggles and Down times also.

For this day I pray that God blesses you!!
Please take a moment to relax your mind and humble
your heart to focus on Christ. Allow God, to be the
only person on your mind while you read this
prayer. If we can take the time to read long jokes,
stories, etc., we should give the same respect to this prayer. Friends that pray together, stay together.

Dear Lord, I thank You for this day. I thank You for
my being able to see and to hear this morning. I'm blessed because You are
a forgiving God and an understanding God. You have done so much for me
and You keep on blessing me. Forgive me this day for everything I have done,
said or thought that was not pleasing to you. I ask now for Your
forgiveness. Please keep me safe from all danger and harm. Help me to start this
day with a new attitude and plenty of gratitude. Let me make the best of each
and every day to clear my mind so that I can hear from You. Please broaden
my mind that I can accept all things. Let me not whine and whimper over
things I have no control over. Let me continue to see sin through
Your eyes and acknowledge it as evil. And when I sin, let me repent, and
confess with my mouth my wrongdoing, and receive the forgiveness of You. And
when this world closes in on me, let me remember Jesus' example to slip away
and find a quiet place to pray. It's the best response when I'm pushed beyond
my limits. I know that when I can't pray, You listen to my heart.
Continue to use me to do Your will. Continue to bless me that I may be a
blessing to others. Keep me strong that I may help the weak. Keep me
uplifted that I may have words of encouragement for others. I pray for
those that are lost and can't find their way. I pray for those that are
misjudged and misunderstood. I pray for those who don't know You intimately.
I pray for those that will delete this without sharing it with others.
I pray for those that don't believe. But I thank you that I believe. I believe
that You change people and You changes things. I pray for all my sisters and
brothers. For each and every family member in their households. I pray for peace,
love and joy in their homes that they are out of debt and all their needs are met.
I pray that every eye that reads this knows there is no problem, circumstance, or situation
greater than God. Every battle is in Your hands for You to fight. I pray
that these words be received into the hearts of every eye that sees them
and every mouth that confesses them willingly. This is my prayer.
In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Jamie
Closed Thread