Support Groups - Cows Gone Wild

View Full Version : Cows Gone Wild

Bagzz
01-17-2007, 04:00 PM
Now, i wasn't suggesting we show our udders---but let us try and kick up some dust around here---i am fat,lazy,refluxing and lethargic------i am also a basket case worrying about the ds although he is eating marginally better [ he eats hardly any breakfast or lunch but eats a very large pasta dish each night for supper and also eats a snack] ---that is better than the NOTHING he was eating a week ago-----anyway---we had the blood tests,we are having the gi series,so i have to learn how to sweat it out without having a heart attack myself-----this morning i got up at four am cause i was feeling so stressed and crappy-----i surfed the net til i calmed down-----ANYWAY I DIGRESS AS USUAL------------- let us go wild---------------and if you think by going wild i mean drink more,then you are right. tell us what going wild means to YOU!!!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :o :o :o ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Cowpernia
01-17-2007, 09:44 PM
Going wild is when your kids are doing nothing to weigh on your mind and you frolic through the day with a smile on your face.

I really like that show Armed & Famous. Anyone else watch it?

My own ds is supposed to make a appt to have his wisdom teeth out. So far, it's been four months. Today he went to the clinic and they asked for $100 so he left. He asks me what he's supposed to do and I say, "Call your dad." DS could pay the $100 but dad agreed to pay for wisdom teeth stuff so he should start paying. Basically what I'm saying is ds is a guy and guys do not ever make sense or get things done that are important.

Blah. I hate that Kiwi keeps leaving.

Schatzi
01-18-2007, 05:48 AM
Yes, the Taffy Haired one is quite the Belle of the Ball..what with her traipsing about!

I am Fat,Flabby and Flatulent..Going Wild for me would mean food is involved..mass quantities of really crappy food..But I'll definitely join ya in a virtual margie (strawberry :yum: )

No I haven't seen that show yet... I'll tune it in since Reality TV is up my alley.. DH calls it "crap tv"..as in yer watching that Crappy (insert show name ) Again!?

I swear both our hearing is going...
DH was talking about a coworker named Airick.. Airick did this and then Airick said... I'm like WHO is Airrick... well he meant Eeeerick.. I guess he's picking up that Southin Drawl :lol: Then we had a spat about an All leather couch... I'm like WHAT are You talking about .an all leather couch?? That's what you said----Nooooo, I said A Full Electric House... (Fer some reason DH doesn't want to go with propane.. :shrug: )

We did pick out a house design that only needs some tweaking.. The one I liked on the outside needs far too much modifying as it is ridiculously big and has stuff I dont want or need... so when I really took a look at it , it was just the outside that I liked... It has lots of peaks and angles .. (which I am finding out that the more corners on your house the more $$ it is.)

This is the one that I like the outside
http://www.eplans.com/house-plans.hwx/Q/Plan.HWEPL11024?searchId=114261838&offset=0

This is the one we are 99% sure of.

http://www.dongardner.com/images.aspx?pid=2449&fn=exteriors%5c916front.jpg&f=

We both like this one, but I did more checking and had about 5 houses I mulled over.. DH never wavered from this one--for some reason I started to see a big owl face in the peaks .
/\ /\
O O It kinda weirded me out :lol:

Cowpernia
01-18-2007, 08:18 AM
I don't have time to look at floor plans before work but must ask about Eeerick ... is that someone off the Adams Family? You don't really say ear-ic for Eric do you? that is wrong. It's air-ic. Poor Shotsdh.

Schatzi
01-18-2007, 08:43 AM
Shotzdh says he loves you.

Schatzi
01-18-2007, 08:50 AM
I find this funny: Our area had a "Storm". It was all the tawk on the TeeVee last night...All the preparation what with salting and brining the roads... Folks on Standby..
We got a dusting - a millimeter of snow ... with ice though. The area is in COMPLETE GRIDLOCK! 217 traffic incidents !! Schools are CLOSED..no not Delayed opening but Shut down...The news is hysterical "this is a BIG storm"... Ooops just saw a car go slidy ! (Maybe it's not that funny... Icy roads...)

Just thought our Nawthin friends would like to know :lol:

This is my first snowfall in Nerth Caroliner!

Wabby
01-18-2007, 11:09 AM
We've been having a snow storm here too, Schatz. Probably about 4 inches, but ppl have gone crazy. All the schools are closed. Cars are sliding all over the place. Here's a video of the way ppl drive in the snow here----http://www.kgw.com/sharedcontent/VideoPlayer/videoPlayer.php?vidId=114046&catId=131
This should give you northern cows a laugh.
Schatz---- I love your house plan. I especially love that there are pictures of what the finished interior looks like. Beautiful!!! I see no owl staring back at me. I can imagine Schatzi rocking on the front porch when she's 80. It looks like a house to make a home in. Very solid.

Air-ick is correct out here on the left coast.

Bagz, good to hear DS is eating better. Hope all his tests give you some answers.

Kiwonk
01-18-2007, 02:01 PM
WELL I WAS GOING TO LOOK AT THE STUPID HOUSE PLANS BUT THE SITE STUCK A GIANT AD RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME THAT I COULDN'T CLOSE. I DO NOT NEED THESE FRUSTRATIONS!!!!

Sorry, I have dry skin and my bra straps keep falling down. Please forgive my rants. I will try again.

Okay, deep breaths. That's better. The eplan one is pretty, but too big, I agree. Gotta watch those roof lines $$$$$$$$$$. The other one is very nice -- of course, it was watching me, but I don't think it would do that out in the wild. Over on the right side of the house, it was winking.

Blah. I hate that Kiwi keeps leaving.You're sweet. I do keep coming back. See? Here I am.
I'm like WHO is Airrick... well he meant Eeeerick.. I guess he's picking up that Southin Drawl :lol: Then we had a spat about an All leather couch... I'm like WHAT are You talking about .an all leather couch?? That's what you said----Nooooo, I said A Full Electric House... :lol: You guys are hilarious. Really now, are you saying that he is pronouncing Eric "Ay-Rick" ? Because that sounds like a southern thing. I think most people say something between Air-Rick and Eh-Rick.

We got a dusting - a millimeter of snow ... with ice though. The area is in COMPLETE GRIDLOCK! 217 traffic incidents !! Schools are CLOSED..no not Delayed opening but Shut downYes, isn't it amusing? I always used to make fun of NC for that.

Speaking of treacherous driving, I let DD drive the entire trip on Tuesday, the day after we got about 7 inches of snow. Interstates were all cleared, I don't think they cancelled schools. Where it was more frozen rain etc, the roads were salted and we had no problems at all. The day before was a little hairy, so I'm glad we weren't driving then, but the key thing is we now have lots and lots of snow, but there is really no driving problem. Amazing, huh?

DD and I had a lovely time. We stopped at BF's school and took him out for his birthday dinner. It was so funny, we didn't know where we wanted to go out for dinner, but we drove by a place I had eaten at years ago with DH and friends and I knew it was very good, so we stopped there. High end Italian place with linen tablecloths and "classical" music piped in. It was a bit more expensive than I would have liked, but I thought it was a better choice than some noisy trendy place; BF was a little under the weather recovering from a cold. So anyway, we sat there in this completely deserted dining room and made fun of the weird music choices. DD said it was the Hallmark Channel. Honestly I never heard such depressing music in a restaurant -- we made up stories to go with it. But it was a great meal, and once we stopped whispering because it was so durn quiet in there, we had a good time. Then we took BF back to school, met his roommate, accused BF of stalking DD (he had at least a dozen photos of her on his wall), bought DD some ice cream and finally headed out to Boston. Where we stayed up until 2 am, Dd unpacking her stuff, her roommate chatting with her gf online, a hall neighbor eating pizza and plinking on DD's guitar. Oddly, nobody seemed to think it was strange that I was spending the night; these kids are so utterly tolerant it's weird. DD slept on a borrowed blowup mattress and I slept on her very high bed -- had to jump to get up on it. She got up early and went to buy her books, then came back and climbed back into bed. We slept till noon! Then I took her out for apple pancakes and to run a few errands, and left town about 3 pm. Very nice time. That is until I got on the road and started getting weepy. When will that ever stop? Yeah, I know, never.

The drive back was not bad at all -- very sunny and the roads were dry. I have never seen it so cold, though! I have a thermometer in the car, and it registered as low as 23 BELOW ZERO!!! It was about 10 below at home. Today the temp has "shot up" into the 20s almost. :lol: Beastly, but I'm sorta glad it's real winter. At least there's snow to play in. Jet is loving it.

Later, wild things. I already had my wild times this week -- from getting very silly Saturday night with our visiting friends to bowling and playing pool. What would be really wild would be if I could find some way to get fit and healthy.

Kiwi

SugP
01-18-2007, 06:05 PM
Right in the middle of a hurricane. Really. His name is Kyrill and he's nasty. Kids got to come home from school at 11 this morning. House may lift off any minute. No, actually we're all fine but I DO NOT like wind and there's a lot of it and things are rattling and I'm just waiting for something outside to break. That's what I get for not growing up in Flaaawridderr.

Will post something sensible and not self-absorbed tomorrow

Bagzz
01-19-2007, 09:45 AM
poor sugar!!! i heard about the storm in Europe!!! i called dd in denmark and she said it was windy and rainy but not as crazy in more southern regions---i think Central was the worst we heard of---germany and austria ,holland and england!!!hang on,cause i heard the winds were dying down today!!!!----we are having a storm today----everywhere but HERE on the coast it is snowing---we have rain and wind----all the schools are closed all over the province except OUR region which did not impress the ds!!!------kiwi!!! your adventure sounded so sweet---i find the same thing with the dd's friends---they don't seem to mind parents being around---- i think it's the way they were raised =----unlike they way we were raised-----we were raised by the generation who liked to separate the kids from the adults----i think we were more involved -----LIKE A LOT MORE@!!!! there is NO WAY I would have wanted my mother in my dorm room!!!!!--shatzi===the houses are beautiful------just stunning----i can't wait til your house warming party---kiwi [OR AS I THINK WE SHOULD CALL HER ' taffy '] can organize the games!!!

Kiwonk
01-19-2007, 05:55 PM
there is NO WAY I would have wanted my mother in my dorm room!!!!!I know! I thought for sure when we went back to DDbf's dorm they were going to suggest I wait in the car -- but no, apparently they just assumed I would go in with them. It's nice to have a bit of a grownup relationship with them so early -- must have been another decade before I acted like an adult with my parents! :lol:

I hadn't heard about the hurricane :eek: Hope everything is allright with Sugar. Isn't that kind of unusual for Germany?

We're having all that lovely snow, Bagz (Sorry DS -- you can come over here and play in it if you want!). And thank goodness because the local economy took a really big hit last winter with not enough snow to sustain any snowmobile business to speak of. That's huge around here, also ice fishing, although you wouldn't catch me out on the ice yet this year. We already have had some scary accidents with snowmobiles and trucks going through the ice. Here's an article partly about my town. The restaurant mentioned is my regular hangout. (http://www.bangordailynews.com/news/t/news.aspx?articleid=145235&zoneid=500)

Hey, guess what? I went snowshoeing today with my pupster! She had to wear her bare feet though... :lol: Can you imagine dogsize snowshoes? heehee

Anyway, it was good exercise, rather exhausting in fact, even though I only went as far as what would normally be a 20 minute walk. Took me about an hour I think. The dog is still melting out in the mudroom -- she had so many little snowballs on her feet and leg hair that I made her stay out there.

I also started my new PT -- they had to switch me from OT to PT because the OT guy left for greener pastures. The PT girl is very nice and gave me some silly putty to squeeze in my spare time :dizzy:

Later, cowsies,
Don't be too jealous of my beautiful snowy.. (http://bangordailynews.com/news/articlefiles/145288-sledpic.jpg) winter.. (http://www.sledmaine.com/contest/2005/MacDonald2.jpg) wonderland. (http://www.sledmaine.com/contest/2005/Im000376a.jpg).. ;)

Kiwi

Kiwonk
01-20-2007, 12:58 PM
I'm here. No one else is. Bye
Kiwi

Bagzz
01-20-2007, 07:11 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWW TAFFY!!! I AM HERE!!! EVER SINCE I GOT ME NEW LAPTOP I HAVE BEEN ADDICTED TO THE COMPUTER---I CAN USE IT AT THE BREAKFAST TABLE,THE SHOP ,THE SUPPER TABLE---IT IS JUST SO EASY TO CART AROUND!!!---RIGHT NOW I AM DRINKING A MIKE'S HARD LEMONADE --CRANBERRY--AND WAITING FOR THE MOVIE TO START--WE ARE WATCHING THE SPELLING BEE MOVIE THAT OPRAH RECOMMENDED---DS AND DH AND I--- my doctor came into the shop today with his wife--he is so sweet---he just wanted to tell me that ds's blood tests were fine---no major problems!!! --now we will wait til next week for the xray---hopefully that will reveal whether he has acid reflux---other than that i guess we can only blame stress and anxiety for his problems--- poor kid--awful young to be joining that club!!----my gosh,the shop is soooooooooo boring this month--i am loooosing money [not weight]---and i have a giant tax bill to pay because of how well we did in december----retail really can SUCK~~~!!!!!!---it's freezing out again---i must let the cat back in~~~!!!

Bagzz
01-20-2007, 07:12 PM
in case you haven't seen him before, that was dd20's visiting cat [over the holidays]---his name is Webster and he has two different coloured eyes~~!!!!

Cowpernia
01-21-2007, 10:45 AM
Maybe you all had the same guy on your local news, but I was surprised. It was Christopher Something-mann (Werrmann?) from Germany reporting on the storm. They called it a storm not a hurricane. We saw people holding onto lamp posts while they waited to cross the street. Here, we drive across the street so that was interesting.

So nice to see MeDogpatch in the news. What does Scootic mean? You all scoot around somehow? The mental pictures are not pleasant.

DS is irritating me. He never emails or calls with good news, just bad news. I hear about car problems, missed meals, hard classes and now he said, "too bad UF doesn't like merit scholars anymore." No explanation. He says he's out of money as the scholarship funds aren't in yet and makes it sound like he's starving. But he doesn't say that right out. He had the chance to work over Christmas break but didn't so what can I say?

PT sounds good. Silly putty is fun. You can make your own, I think.

Just watched a movie from the 30s or 40s called "Twentieth Century" with Carole Lombard and John Barrymore. Ho hum.

Bagzz
01-21-2007, 03:01 PM
they always call with bad news--that is how we made them----good news and good times are things they share with friends---REALLY good news we ususally get,but whiny bad news we always get.Did ds get a student loan?? all 4 of the dd's are carrying student lines of credit from local banks---they are responsible for paying them back. dd22 has worked all through school,dd20 has scholarships to make up the slack and the step dd's are subsidized by parents although they still have loanss---SCHOOL IS UNBELIEVABLY PRICEY!!!!-------------- now i will make some chicken soup and maybe even 'sticky date pudding'--------it's scrumptious! BY THE WAY '''AKELIA AND THE BEE' was a sweet movie.{ i probably spelled her name incorrectly!}

Cowpernia
01-21-2007, 03:30 PM
I saw that movie, too. I really liked it and wanted it to be true.

Ds is supposed to have enough schoarship $ to get him through. He doesn't want loans so I guess he can work that out for himself. He's complaining now that he has a lot of homework (he sent me a list) and no one else on his floor has ANY. They're all chemical engineering majors and he's math so he's thinking their courses get harder next year. This is the kind of communication i get from him.

Go to my blog and see Taffy's sock. She is so sweet to accept it.

I am worried right now that I'll be in trouble at work. My first day without a babysitting teacher was yesterday. The FBI approved me or something. So at the end of the day, only one kid and the assistant-of-the-week (a sweetie) and I were left. In walks this young man who hands me a cell phone and a woman starts in thinking I'm the prior teacher and she needs this guy to pick up the kid and she should've sent something in writing but .....

The assistant said she knew him and I let him go AND I'M SURE I BROKE MAJOR RULESSSSS.

School is way too expensive considering it's for people who don't have jobs yet. Have I told you my dream job for DS is to be a college professor. His snippy aunt and ex-uncle are that and I think they have a good life. Beautiful working setting, etc. I really like my job because it's creative. I get to think of stuff and do it. We've been "cooking" every week. Look at these recipe (http://www.amazingmoms.com/htm/cookin4.htm#yogurt%20pie)s. Yummyish.

Cowpernia
01-21-2007, 09:14 PM
Since no one else has anything to say, I will talk to myself. It is so neat that Bagz's doctor makes house calls at the shoppe. Did he buy anything? I would have. I would have filled a bag with puffin odds and ends and decorated my doctor office.

There is this endless football on and I only get one channel. Is everyone else enjoying it? Just had a commercial with a puny-ish guy looking at a huge jock strap and an announcer saying, "You wouldn't make it in pro-football but you can get Horizon wireless." Does that make sense?

If you think you're gonna mail something heavy and then someone (ds) says he doesn't have any interest in that heavy stuff, how do you get the stamps off the envelope and use them for real?

I am going to sit here and wait til someone answers me.

Kiwonk
01-22-2007, 01:04 PM
What does Scootic mean? It's the name of a lake, although it's usually spelled Schoodic. I think the owner was trying to make a pun, because the restaurant's full name was Scootic In :rolleyes:
SCHOOL IS UNBELIEVABLY PRICEY!!!!------------We finagled financial aid last year so that all of DD's scholarships offset the loan amounts they were offering her for aid. We had to do a lot of negotiating to get it the way we wanted (schools actually want the kids' scholarships from outside sources to lower the amount of aid money they offer instead of actually benefitting the student). So she has no loans, but we kept in all the work study money they offered. She earned even more from work study last semester than the amount they said she was entitled to. We still paid a huge chunk out of savings.

Unfortunately next year, she won't be getting hardly any scholarship money; a lot of them are only for freshman. So our chunk will be even chunkier probably. At least it's all money we saved for her for college, so it's not like we're going broke or anything. My feeling is that as long as we can swing it, we'd rather she didn't have big loans hanging over her after she graduates -- she's contributing by working and by applying for scholarship money.
- now i will make some chicken soup and maybe even 'sticky date pudding'-I have some chopped dates I need to use up, should I make sticky date pudding?
The FBI approved me or something. So at the end of the day, only one kid and the assistant-of-the-week (a sweetie) and I were left. In walks this young man who hands me a cell phone and a woman starts in thinking I'm the prior teacher and she needs this guy to pick up the kid and she should've sent something in writing but .....

The assistant said she knew him and I let him go AND I'M SURE I BROKE MAJOR RULESSSSS. Scary. That is entirely unfair of that mother to do that to you. You should speak to her and remind her that she needs to have any changes in writing or you won't be able to release the kid to anyone else. We had that happen to us when DH and I chaperoned a band trip last year. A cop of all people came and got his kid without prior permission (how do you say no to a cop?), and another kid left with his parents without permission or even telling us he was leaving. Fortunately other kids saw him go and knew him and his parents, otherwise we would have had to call the police and shut down the entire Civic Center for an Amber Alert!!! I couldn't believe parents would be so ignorant of the rules. Would have served them right if we had raised the alarm and had them hauled in and embarrassed at the very least.
Just had a commercial with a puny-ish guy looking at a huge jock strap and an announcer saying, "You wouldn't make it in pro-football but you can get Horizon wireless." Does that make sense?
Makes no sense, but I'm pretty sure it makes men laugh...

I don't know if you can still steam postage off of envelopes anymore. I would probably just cut around them carefully and glue them on another envelope. Should be fine, right?

DD is doing Irish Dance again this semester. She said, maybe 3x a week, if she doesn't have too much homework. Before you know it she'll be a rockette or something.

More PT today. Hoopdedoo. But I think it's helping.

I'm mad. I cut out Meow Mix points and went to www.meowmix.com for the CATalog of Fun Meow Mix Stuff and there is no catalog. I feel gypped.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
01-23-2007, 08:00 AM
Kiwi ... write your congressmen. And the company.

I've been thinking about Bagz saying the kids whine to us and save the real info for friends. I told this to someone who said they feel safe with us and that's why they whine to us. But .... if all Bagz's girls whined at the same time, Bagz would be very depressed. I can't imagine a bunch of kids woe-is-me-ing because they have more homework than others or they can't eat lunch with the krishnas because of their class schedule or they had to get the car worked on or they have to get a letter-of-recommendation written and who-oh-who can they ask. When I grilled him once, I learned that he "had some fun." Grilled more and learned he had been to an improv show featuring a girl he went to high school with. Very minor, apparently, compared with the long list of homework!!!!

My day at work was frustrating. You know those days when you just want to walk out?

*learned I have to take an online class. Was told previously that maybe I wouldn't but they didn't check. They forgot. Their brains have holes in them. So I have to take this class on the pute in the boss's office while she talks to people and acts grouchy and makes me tense.

*learned I have to fill out THREE forms on these kids. "Ms. Lorna told you about this," I was told. "Ms. Lorna told me she never heard of this," I replied." "You just don't know them by these names. You know what I mean." she retorted. VERY FRUSTRATING.

*was told when hired that I get an hour a day for planning. Then it was ZERO planning as I was not officially a teacher. Now, I am offically and it's 30 MINUTES because I only have the kids 3 hours a day.

*the kids were terrible. Yelled across the room at each other.

*and I just realized I whine like DS.

SugP
01-23-2007, 10:33 AM
I am way too boring to post. Boring, boring, boring me.

Our kitchen is being installed on Feb. 9 instead of end of Feb. So much to do. So not motivated to do it. Dh painted the radiator in the kitchen Sunday and I still feel like I've been poisoned. Itchy rash on my hands and stomach ache. Bleh. I hate chemicals.

I will just sit here and read about your exciting lives and try to think if something to make for dinner. Yaaaaaaawnnnn.

Wabby
01-23-2007, 01:12 PM
Hey cows. Just thought you might like to know that our namesakes are going to greener pastures today. Or maybe you didn't want to know. At least that gives me one less thing to worry about ---- and DH's horse went to go visit some friends down the road. He didn't even look back when he saw there were other horses in the trailer. Just hopped right in.

Did I mention that when DD moved back home she brought her boyfriend? In the past I would never have allowed it, but I was under some stress at the time to put it mildly. I think it may have been a mistake, as this BF lost his job the first week of December and hasn't looked for one since. I'm not used to a man who isn't self motivated. I've talked to him twice now, telling him that I don't care if he's getting unemployment or not, the people in this house are workers, and I expect the same from him. So far, nothing. He plays video games, watches tv and plays his guitar all day. He's a distraction to DD's school work. I can't give him the boot, or I lose my daughter. How did I get into this predicament?

I beat Peachez whining, no???

Sugar, new kitchens are always exciting.

Kiwonk
01-23-2007, 01:27 PM
*So I have to take this class on the pute in the boss's office while she talks to people and acts grouchy and makes me tense.

*and I just realized I whine like DS.
EARPLUGS!! Seriously. Wonderful things
That's because you feel safe with us ;)

Here's what I'm whining about today: Actually it's not whining, it's downright complaining, *****ing and ranting. DH did not get the job he applied for. :mad:

Bagzz
01-23-2007, 05:00 PM
wabby!!!!!that is so difficult!!! i am impressed that you were able to tell him what you did!!! the fact that he is able to hang around doing nothing even though you have spoken to him means he is not good enough for your dd BUT we all know how that would play out!!!!!what a pain in the arse for you!---your dd probably does realize the problem but just can't deal with it at the moment--does he have any admirable qualities?????----I thought it was cute that dh's horse was so influenced by his peers that he pranced off like that!!!!-----kiwonkers---some pulp and paper facility from new york has been looking for engineers and workers up here in the maritimes---specifically here in my town----haven't they been asking you guys???? SEEMS LIKE THEY WOULD LIKE SOME YANKEES TO APPLY!!! want me to find out who they are---you probably already know about them???

Cowpernia
01-24-2007, 08:05 AM
We are livestock. The reality has hit me now. I will follow Wabby onto the truck as long as there's fresh hay.

About the bf ... it's hard enough having one you're not crazy about but living in the house is too much! In the back of my mind, I worry about that with lcp. I know she doesn't want to go home and I think about telling her she's welcome here anytime, with or without ds, buttttt what if she took me up on it and then was a pain. ? Wabby is more balanced than me and will let us know how to successfully deal with this couch potato kid.

There is this "southern" weather man on tv. Like many southerners around here, he doesn't open his mouth very much when he talks. Mr. Ventriloquist Weather Guy says, "There's a cold front glumba and we'll have to watch. And see bloom rak if we feel the impact of the weather."

Is Kiwi moving to Bagzland???? How cool. Kiwi would get a new kitchen ceiling. I would get more chicken bones.

It's funny that Sugar says she's boring. I want to see pictures of the kitchen and hear stories about the butcher's wife. What happened to her? Do you meet any Americans traveling through? How do they behave?

Bagzz
01-24-2007, 09:37 AM
kiwi is not moving to bagzland----yankees from new york are in bagzland trying to make millworkers and engineers come to yankeeland!!!!!i was just wondering if they had stopped by in kiwiwonderland---i assume they would look there first unless they are concerned with paying cheaper wages to canadians----don't invite lcp to live with you-----if iT BACKFIRES!!!!! |[if they break up} YOU ARE LEFT IN THE CROSSFIRE!!!!---- just let her stay there when he is with her----when dd22's man stayed at our house off and on{they were both going to university at the time,here in town} i didn't mind as long as she was there too--of course they had seperate sleeping quarters!!! ---let's face facts----KIDS WILL ALWAYS BE YANKING OUR CHAINS FOR SOME REASON OR OTHER~!!@!@@@

Kiwonk
01-24-2007, 01:29 PM
I don't know about the recruiters you're talking about, Bagz, but I'm not sure I'd want to move to NY anyway. Rather move to StJ. Don't really want to move anywhere. We have such a fun place. Today it looks like a crime scene. There's blood all over the yard.

Oh yeah, I didn't tell you what happened, did I? Poor Jet was running through the woods with me (okay, I wasn't running, I was snowshoeing) and she sliced her foot open on something. I didn't see it happen, so I don't know what. There was a horrible old rusty jagged can that I found on the way back that could easily have cut her. Anyway, she didn't really seem to mind it, but it was bleeding all over the place, so we went right home. She left big bloody footprints all over the yard before I could get her inside. We finally got the bleeding stopped and took a look at it, she has a big gash on the middle pad of her foot. I have it all wrapped up with a gauze pad and adhesive tape. She's been pretty good about it, but she's not putting weight on it. The vet's office says dogs don't get tetanus; I hope they're right.

Grossness:
At the moment Jet is outside lapping up all the blood spots. Apparently they're good eats.

Pretty mean of me to use adhesive tape directly on her dog hair, wasn't it? It's really not that bad, I changed it last night and all I had to do was cut through the tape and it peeled off pretty well. She's one tough doggie; I'd have been whining the whole time. She did "bite" me when I put pressure on the wound by mistake -- grabbed my hand with her teeth suddently and didn't chomp down on it. Reminded me of when she was a puppy and got caught in that trap and chomped me up good while I was trying to help her -- I'm impressed with how much she's learned since then.

Way to go, Wabby, on dealing with the "herd" -- good luck with the stray on your couch. I have no ideas; I can't seem to blast a certain someone out of the house either... Not that I'm trying to get rid of him, just get him a job.

Kiwi

Wabby
01-24-2007, 04:39 PM
good luck with the stray on your couch Oh no, it's much worse than that --- remember that DD is 26, almost 27 years old. The BF had moved into her apartment with her, so he has also moved in here too and into DD's room not the couch. Big mistake and I would never have allowed it in the past, but right now, I just need my daughter to be with me. Tomorrow it will be one week since my last "talk" with him, so it's time to turn into the hag that's going to force him to look for work. No more Mrs. Nice Guy.

Kiwi, our place looks like a crime scene too, what with our relatives getting the axe (or whatever they use, I just made sure I wasn't home) and my goofy Golden Retriever being a total anxious mess since the accident ---- he's chewed his tail into a bloody mess. I'm going to have to get him one of those cone thingies for his head, and some tranquilizers for what's inside his head.

Peach, only let LCP in the house when accompanied by DS -- and make sure they have separate sleeping quarters. Do what I say and not what I do.

Kiwonk
01-24-2007, 06:02 PM
No more Mrs. Nice Guy. Good for you! Point out to him what happened to the cows. Just kidding...

Hope your sweet doggie gets better. My previous dog had licking problems, they tend to become a vicious cycle.

I was at the drug store today, buying new gauze bandage stuff (I'm getting pretty good at wrapping the dog's paw), and I had to buy a can of Pringles. It was "Loaded Baked Potato" flavor, doesn't that sound disgusting? It was, in fact, doesn't even taste like food. Not to worry, though, I'm almost done with the can, so no one else will have to suffer through it. :dunno:

I'm all done with my "Iontophoresis" and "Phonophoresis" treatments. Next week they're going to give me stretching and ice massage.:sp:

Kiwi

Cowpernia
01-24-2007, 09:40 PM
Where DID the cows go? Jamaica maybe? I think cows would like an island paradise.

lcp isn't coming here without ds because she has no car. BUTTTT I have good advice to not invite her just in case.

I want to hear a lot about how Wabbo tells bf the-truth-about-life while not upsetting dd. Wabbo is tactful. I need to learn.

I did learn today that if you sing B I N G O and Bingo was his name-o to four-year-olds and ask "what does B I N G O spell" they answer "dog."

Kiwi can move to Bagzland if I want her to. Don't be so bossy. I think Lush left because you're bossy. I can't be responsible for everyone leaving. Muffie is my fault, Dusty is Sugar's, and Lush is yours. Kiwi offends no one hardly ever and Shots is not allowed to leave. Wabbo caused a whole herd to leave.

Kiwonk
01-25-2007, 02:01 PM
Did anyone notice that Cowpeach has 1 lb. left to her goal? Of course she has a 5 lb. goal. I could vary 5 lbs in a single weekend.

I don't think you want to know where the cowsies went, Peachie. Jamaica would be a good place for them, though. They could get smoked. :s:

We have a strange buzz in our house. It doesn't even go away when we turn off all the power -- I mean pull the main circuit! Perhaps we are going to blow up.

I'm hungry. Whatcha got?

I'm still waiting to hear about date pudding or whatever it was.

I can't run people off even if I wanted to. I could bore them to death. That could be what happened to Lush.

Kiwi

Schatzi
01-25-2007, 06:26 PM
El Schatzarina is still in da herd. No fear..Just been busy with this land crap and school crap. Tomorrow we go to identify the Perc Site... with the developer and our tentative Architect. If it doesn't perc for a conventional system- its a deal breaker...so says DH who as I type is engrossed in " everything you want to know about septic and wells" or er :rolleyes: somedim like dat dare. Whilst I do the important stuff like check magazines and websites for the most beautiful Kitchen and Bath designs.
I am up to me eyeballs in school work.. Solving for A,B,C X etc... but the good thing about it is I can craft a decent project plan with schedules and costs and do all kinds of fancy schmancy calculations on variances and stuff..
We've got about 6 months to create the plan, know the budget, get bids blah blah blah.... Am I boring you yet?
I live in a neighborhood of odd women. I think they are all wackjobs. Dear Landlordess turned out to be very deranged. Had taken Landlord/her daughter and refused to return her or let her speak to LL. I wanted to be Switzerland (the land of chocolate... and fence sitting). I ended up being "dragged" into an "emergency custody hearing"... all seemed to go well for LL... I hope he remembers this when the lease is up :lol:
Other wingnutty neighbor calls me only when she is in a crisis. She now has a stalker for which I am to be on alert for... and to call the cops post haste should I see suspicious activity. :dunno: There is marital discord... I wish not to know about.. she talks over me. I hate that. and I have NO interest in her libido nor his preferences. I said this... I think I finally got rude enough that she won't "share" anymore. Did I drone on? :coach:U can wake up now I'm done.

This post was all about ME. how rude is that?

Bagzz
01-25-2007, 09:24 PM
here is the recipe for the sticky date pudding from the D'Alvay Inn on PEI----apparently the Gourmet Magazine people requested it!!!---i quote:specialties of the house include:

Our famous Sticky Date Pudding with Toffee Sauce
so good Gourmet asked for the Recipe and you can too!
E-mail us at info@dalvaybythesea.com and we will send it to you
We can also design Special Cakes for any ocasion

Please call in advance (48 hrs) to arrange for your special cake in the dining room or any special requests to make your visit memorable

Photo Credit: Barrett & MacKay

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/15100

Kiwonk
01-26-2007, 12:23 PM
Bagzie, you're so accommodating; I'll get right on that.

Wow, it's so cold here today my hands were freezing right through my mittens. I threw the ball for Jet about 4 times and came right in. She didn't seem to mind :no:

Schatzi, I was wondering where you'd got to. Sounds very busy in Schatziland. Ick, hate that whole septic subject. Brown jobs are for men, eh?

I'm with you on those people who talk right over you -- I have one friend who does that all the time. Frankly I dislike talking to her. The only way to avoid the frustration is to just shut up and listen to everything she says. Nice friendship, huh? I'm also getting a little peeved at some of my married friends who used to be able to carry on a group conversation and recently have gotten to where they apparently can't be bothered to listen to anything their spouse says so they try to carry on a side conversation with you while you're attempting to hear the other one. I feel like saying "Excuse me, I actually wanted to be in that conversation" :shrug: People have no patience, it seems. Maybe I should just lean over to DH and ask him to take notes for me...

Oy. Let's all get together and annoy each other!

My sweet DD is going to Montreal today! The college chorale is going to McGill University to rehearse Elijah! with a director there and to sing at some church as well. The funny thing is that she only just joined the chorale this semester and they've had only one class/rehearsal! Most of the kids apparently were in it last semester. But she has no problem with sightreading the music, and she's happy as can be to be singing. Wish I could join them on the road...

Kiwi

Cowpernia
01-26-2007, 06:31 PM
Elijah Rock Shout Shout
Elijah Rock Comin' Up Lord

That one?

I was asked how old I was today. I'M NOT TELLING YOU, was my answer. The nerve.Then she guessed ages younger. Still ... the nerve. As I explalined to her, this is not something I care to think about.

I sent ds a consseouiur (spell it yourself) Wine Country Gift Basket and he said it's a work of art. Awwww. No wine included. Crackers and salmon and cheese thingies and such.

Now, I will go bore the cats.

Kiwonk
01-27-2007, 12:55 PM
Elijah Rock Shout ShoutUmm, I don't think so. It's an oratorio by Mendelssohn. Probably they can sing Elijah Rock without going to Montreal, right?

Talked to DD last night. She was sitting in a bar. Those Canadians are such a bad influence. Although she claims she wasn't drinking. The bad girl in me felt like asking her "why on earth not?" but I restrained myself. They will be rehearsing all day today until 3PM and then they will probably be set loose on the city. Watch out, Montreal.

I need to go to the big city and buy an office chair. I was really not planning to spend my Christmas $$ on an office chair, but I think I'd better if my elbow is ever going to stop hurting.

Bagz'DD is the cutest thing to hit Scandinavia since my great-grandparents left.

Jet chewed off her bandage while I was watching TV last night. I had to give her a new rawhide to keep her busy today. She is really tired of being bandaged up apparently. It's healing quite well, but not entirely closed up so I hate to let it go unprotected. She's being awfully good considering...

Kiwi

Bagzz
01-27-2007, 05:15 PM
KIWONK!!-- the drinking age in alberta,quebec and pei is EIGHTEEN!!! i think the rest of us provinces use 19 years as the legal age----i still think in this day and age,21 is archaic----19 is good.The dumb part is =----most kids start drinking in highschool so waiting another five years to be legal is sort of useless.Montreal is lovely but my favourite is Old Quebec City---they are having their winter carnival now---beautiful snow sculptures!!and an ice hotel!! www.carnaval.qc.ca ------peachie---that was sweet of ds to be all thrilled with his basket of goodies!!! if he was in montreal you could have included the wine!!haha!!---i made the sticky date pudding----like alot of the commentors on the epicurious website,i would agree that it needs at least another fifteen to twenty minutes in the oven,but it was DELISH and the caramel sauce was decadent!!!!

Kiwonk
01-27-2007, 11:33 PM
KIWONK!!-- the drinking age in alberta,quebec and pei is EIGHTEEN!!! Well, exactly -- that's why I was thinking "why not?" Of course here in the high school, most of the kids drink too, but the powers that be have been making such a fuss about it the past few years that we have had to prevail on the kids to follow the letter of the law. All the athletic and music students signed contracts that are really strict; they're not even supposed to be in the presence of underage drinking or smoking. So a lot of the smarter kids actually stuck by it because they didn't want to mess up their college plans, including DD and many of her friends. They particularly didn't want to be in the situation that the class before them found themselves in -- they all got arrested a few days before graduation because they had one of their parties just outside the county line and got caught by police from another town who were only too happy to make an example of them.

My view would coincide with yours, Bagz, that it's archaic to call them adults and still expect them to wait 3 more years before they can legally drink, but unfortunately the tide turned about 10 or 15 years ago in the US. When I was in college the drinking age was 18, then it went back up in the 80s or 90s I guess. Bunch of moralistic fusspots got into power.

Can you imagine if they re-institute the draft and then expect conscripted soldiers to abstain from drinking? What a joke.

I wish I could go to winter carnival -- I've never been to Quebec City. DD went with her French club a few years ago, but they went in the spring.

I talked to DD a few minutes ago and she was in a jazz club. Sounds like she's having a great time.

Well, I got my new chair. Now I need a new desk... At least I can sit up straight, that's nice. Mousing still needs work. Elbow still hurty hurty hurty.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
01-28-2007, 05:34 AM
Kissy kissy elbow.

4:30 in morning. Kiwi woke me up. No matter. Gives opportunity to eat Golden Oreos.

Bagzz
01-28-2007, 08:28 AM
HOW DID KIWI AWAKEN YOU??? IS THERE A BUZZER THAT GOES OFF WHEN SHE POSTS!!HAHA----KIWONKERS,NOW That i have the laptop,i don't use the mouse---would the finger pad be as annoying for you??? do you guys use a laptop at all??? i thought i would hate it but it turns out i love the freedom of wandering around with the computer all over the house--i had it in bed with me when dd went to france---i was on the air canada website all night checking the flight status---making sure it landed!!!!!

Cowpernia
01-28-2007, 09:19 AM
When ds uses is laptop here, he has to plug it into a phone hole-in-the-wall. You have that phone-line-in-the-air thing? So while you're following Flyperson as she directs you from room to room, you have the laptop in the basket of laundry just in case you want to check the weather? My house is small and it's not that far to the puter. I know yours is not small but I can't see lugging it around. What does it weigh?

Kiwi just posts loud. I have to go to work now.

Schatzi
01-28-2007, 01:38 PM
I have fly in the air wireless laptop... No other way to surf n fly I say! I use the fingerpad thingie...but must admit when I first began to use it me leetle fingerpads got sore ... now I guess they're toughened up :lol: I take my laptop all around the house but find it most in my kitchen/office... Dhs is in the living room always... and his work lappy is in the office hooked up to a docking station or somethin like that.
I flung poop on my head today.

I was walking the terrors. I carry a plastic bag with other littlier plastic bags and bounty to pick up the poop. I hang the bag from my wrist,then using my sweatshirt sleeves I anchor it so it is up after my elbow and away from me so I cant smell it. Darby and Casey saw somethin..rabbit bird and took off getting me all in a tangle with their leashes... I then did some "Twister" moves to untangle myself, one of which was to twist turn and maneuver the poop beholden arm up over my head. This all happened quite quickly-and paper plastic wrapped poop fly on head and all over the road. :dz:

Cowpernia
01-28-2007, 08:39 PM
Shotsy .... my friend has a cat named Darby. It stays indoors and does not chase rabbit birds. You sound quite disgusted with the event but what's a little poop on head between friends. You can always wash your hair. Rabbit birds are so tempting.

Who knows a lot about puters other than Kiwi who is not answering me? Even DS is no help. Ignoring me.

Worked all day. Going to rest. Bye.

Kiwonk
01-28-2007, 10:09 PM
mmm sorry peachie. Had to go to the inlaws for dinner which turned into an all afternoon snore fest. Well, for me anyway. Probably should have gone ahead and taken a snooze, but I was trying not to be too rude in my boredom. Everyone else (DH, his parents and sister) were poring over ancient family photographs identifying the people in them so he can scan and organize them. Let me tell you, other people's photos can only hold your attention for so long before you really have to....let's see...Walk the dog!....Go to the bathroom!....Put that food away!....Make some more coffee!.....Call my daughter!.....Read the newspaper!....... snore................ I can't believe DH didn't tell me what he had up his sleeve for the afternoon's entertainment; I could have brought a book. (No puters at the parents-in-law)

And then I had to go listen to the lovely chorale voices singing at the Montreal church service this morning; it was online. Pretty pretty pretty. No time for computer problems... Oh yeah, sorry. I'm here. Not to worry about removing and re-installing drivers, but just make sure that you have the drivers to reinstall before you do it!

Kiwonk
01-29-2007, 12:16 PM
Hey, it's Monday! Where is everybody? Did you all have such a hoopdedoo weekend, you're unable to speak? Are you all so busy doing :yoga: or at the library poring over :book2: or in the kitchen :stir: or perhaps on the phone :blah: to your real life friends that you don't have time to entertain MEEEEEEE?
Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo :coach:

:lol:

Kiwi

Wabby
01-29-2007, 01:38 PM
RE: the Bagz statement -----"the drinking age in alberta,quebec and pei is EIGHTEEN!!! i think the rest of us provinces use 19 years as the legal age----i still think in this day and age,21 is archaic----"

The drinking age should be 41 so that when I go into a bar I don't feel quite so ancient.

Bagzz
01-29-2007, 06:52 PM
i go into bars that cater to old geezers so I look like the young one!!!----real old geezers--like eighty year olds!!!

Cowpernia
01-30-2007, 07:14 AM
Bagz goes to Amvets? They have that in Canada???? Down here, regular bars are for the youthful drunk and verterans organizations have bars for the other.

Blah blah blah .. I have a empty brain.

Schatzi
01-30-2007, 11:03 AM
May I borrow your brain to store all these useless formulas that I will never use?
Kiwonk--hows yer elbow?

I'm off to dye my naturally brown hair back to naturally brown. ;)

Schatzi
01-30-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm procrastinating on doing stuff I should do and NO ONE is here to help me not do it :snooty: :tantrum:

Bargoing: I once in a great while accompany DH to his "waterin hole" a sports bar with 10 big screen TeeeVees. Skinny barfraus wearing 2 sizes too small tee shirts.DH prefers to sit at "the bar". I don't like it... I'm short and the bar ends up as a boob ledge.

I got a 98 on my test . This course goes for 8 weeks with 4 tests and a smattering of quizzes. I got a 100 and 98.. :woohoo: go me! 2 down 2 to go.
alrighty then, I guess I'll go :kickcan: and do somethin important like.

Kiwonk
01-30-2007, 01:59 PM
The drinking age should be 41 so that when I go into a bar I don't feel quite so ancient.OO, good idea!
i go into bars that cater to old geezers so I look like the young one!!!----real old geezers--like eighty year olds!!!Eek, I used to go into one local restaurant/bar quite frequently and get lustful looks from some really old geezers. Somehow it did not make my day.
Kiwonk--hows yer elbow? :headache: :stars: :bb:
In other words, still hurty hurty. Although kissys from Peachies are very helpful.

Speaking of hurties, Jet is getting a little sick of her bandaged foot. She has been unravelling it regularly, so I let it air out for a few hours last night. Then I realized that the hair of her foot was getting embedded in the wound so I had to clean that out and rebandage it. I've had to rebandage it twice since then. She started unravelling it a bit this morning, so I cut off the hanging part and I thought it was okay and took her for a run (I walked, she ran -- it was between 0°F and 7°F). When I got her home, she was bleeding again. So I had to rebandage it yet again. Poor puppy, I was hoping she could run with her friends sometime this week, but I think she'd better not.

Did I tell you that my DD got on the Dean's List? Me proud. :D

Kiwi

Kiwonk
01-30-2007, 02:08 PM
Way to go, Schatzi!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer: :carrot:

Take a break, you deserve it! Here, I'll have a :coffee: with you.

Schatzi
01-30-2007, 04:05 PM
Dear GAWD! Such smartness between peachie DS, globe galavantingbagz dd(or sdd - I get confused !) ... and loverly kiwiette?? I think you all shoulda had at least 6 childruns with all that good DNA.
Kiwiwhisperer: perhaps Jett needs bandaging up to the elbow with a sock taped to it..or the satelight cone collar? Darby cut her paw and the only way she wouldn't tear it off is when I used gauze wrap up to her elbow- shaved her hair and taped it near a quarter the way down. she just would nibble and lick it as I said NO.
btw: doggies now eat real dog food-thanks to kiwinni words of wisdom.

Wabby- I have no words of wisdom with DD and DDBF.I know you need DD and hope that DDBF is not a total slug of life..perhaps he could learn from DS...

Painty and Frappe and Suggie- where are you??

Kiwonk
01-30-2007, 06:46 PM
btw: doggies now eat real dog food-thanks to kiwinni words of wisdom. Yay, good doggies!! (And good Schatzi)

Yeah, I have thought of doing a bigger bandaging job on Jetski, but it was doing so well, I didn't think she'd have to have it covered much longer. At the moment I'm thinking that as long as I don't have to change it more than once a day, I'll put up with that. It seems that she doesn't chew it off when there isn't any gauze peeking out from the edges of the tape -- at least, she doesn't unless she is unsupervised/bored for a long period of time. So it's manageable for now.

I just poured half a can of beer into my pot roast and drank the rest. We're going to have tasty pot roast in an hour.

This is what Jet does for fun: sneak by me and swipe a used kleenex out of the trash can and run under the other desk to chew it up. However, when I catch her doing it, she gives it back to me and then she wants a treat for her clever behavior. :dz:

DD had a great time in Montreal. I asked her if she got to use her French, and she said "Yeah, I couldn't believe how French Montreal is!" :lol3: kids, eh? So anyway, she was one of only a few who had enough French to read the menus and stuff, so she actually did use it.

I went over to the BF's parents' house last night to watch video of the music that Dd's chorale did on Sunday (we have dialup which means it would take 3 days to enjoy an hour long video :no: ). His mom had just found out that BF didn't just drive back to school on Sunday night (he'd been home for the weekend), he went all the way to Boston, got there near midnight, stayed overnight with DD, got up at the crack of dawn and drove back 2 hours for an 8 o'clock class. His mom was not happy with him. I don't think he was going to tell them, but his twin outed him. :lol: We all worry about the amount of driving these kids do, but I really feel like it's up to them what foolish things they do, as long as they're also doing what they're supposed to, classes and work and all. Maybe I'll call DD and give her a hard time just for fun... :hug:

DH is planning a trip to Chicago next month -- he has a class action court case that he has been shepherding for several years against the former owner of the local paper mill, and it's finally coming to mediation. The hope is that the company will settle rather than let it draw out any further in the courts, so we may be receiving a little in proceeds from it. Should be interesting. Apparently they will allow his expenses for this, but not for both of us. Or maybe he didn't ask.... :mad: That's all right, who'd want to go from Frozen Maine to Windy Chicago in February anyway?

Oops, got to go check my pot roast. Goodness I'm long winded aren't I? No need to answer that...:cool:

Kiwi

Bagzz
01-31-2007, 09:21 AM
after that long winded post,i think you SHOULD go to the Windy City!!!! have you ever tried the liquid bandage product??? we got it this summer and it worked quite nicely--probably doggie would lick it off though!! poor baby!!!-some poor doggie was killed the other day by one of those stupid traps that they put too close to walking trails---now there is a big uproar about the placement of traps---it must have been a small dog,but isn't that sad......----poor doggie's family.THE DEAN'S LIST!!!! EXCELLENT NEWS!!!!--- we expect nothing less from the Kiwietta!!!!---regarding montreal---i know what she means----and the French speakking is Fast and Furious!!!! no slow talkers there!!!!-----dd was in londontown and went to see chicago in the west end---i guess it was lovely----stepdd was in Scotland LAST term---i know--hard to keep track----congrats on your fab marks Shatz!!!! you are competing with Peachers you know=---she is our other fatchick student!!!! by the way kiwonk----maybe you will get very rich with your class action suit!!! that would be super---we could plan our trip to Monaco for our tenth anniversary party-----it's next year---our tenth anniversary----we started talking in 1998------------------now that's a shocker!!!!

Wabby
01-31-2007, 11:50 AM
My golden retriever has a lampshade on his head. Remember how I said he was a nervous wreck and has been chewing his tail? Well, I took him to the vet and he had a tumor on his tail so he had to have surgery last week. He's ok, but he has another week of being a cone head before his stitches are removed. He's quite amusing to watch - I try not to laugh at him to his face. Don't want to give him a doggie complex.

I'm studying too. I have to take my contractors licensing test next week. Believe me, though, it's not brain surgery.

MMMM. Drunken pot roast sounds yummy.

DDBF has applied for work at a couple places last week. Still not the sense of urgency about it that I would like to see. His day - 12 hours sleeping, 3 hours eating, the balance of it is divided between tv, video games & practicing his guitar. He can go for days without going out of the house, usually not leaving his room. Occasionally goes to watch his friend play soccer. It's driving me nutz. I don't even like to go home for lunch when DD is at class, because I hate hearing him skulking around upstairs. What is DD thinking???? It's time for another BIG talk. Tomorrow his rent of $300 + 1/3 of utilities is due. What do you think the odds are of my actually collecting it? Hmmmm. DD borrowed $200 yesterday from me --- maybe that was for DDBF's rent, so he could pay me. How did I get into this???

Cowsies, I'm going to start leaving news about whats going on with me on my blog, so I don't bore you with it unless you're interested in what a train wreck things have become. OK? Here's the address -- http://joyfulpursuits.blogspot.com

Oooh - congrats to the Kiwiette on deans list inclusion.... and congrats to Schatzi on her brilliance....and xxxxoooo to the rest of youz.

Kiwonk
01-31-2007, 02:35 PM
My golden retriever has a lampshade on his head.What a party animal! Hope he recovers soon, poor fella.

Congrats in advance on your contractor's license, Wab! You the woman!

Yeah, I've tried liquid bandage on myself. I don't think it's strong enough to hold a wound together on a dog's foot. She's kept a bandage on since yesterday, so that's pretty good. 24 hours. I'll take it. I gave her a new rawhide a little while ago. It's a bit like setting a toddler in front of the TV -- probably not that good for her, but it keeps her happy.

Later gators
Kiwi

Kiwonk
02-01-2007, 12:06 PM
Good Morning, Fellow Pasture-Babes. I have been ice massaged and tortured already today, how are you?

It was spitting snow when I came home from my Physical Torture appt. I'm hoping it continues;we need more snow. Here is a cold weather dilemma: Little Miss Jet can still not be trusted to go out to pee without a leash, because she is still attracted to passing cars. So these are my choices:

Put her on a leash, put on boots, coat, gloves and go out with her
Clip her to the outside line which is 15 or 20' long; go back to get her before she freezes
Put her on the retractable leash (15' long) and stand at the door holding it until she's done
Beg and plead again and again for a fenced area (long term solution)

We all know that solution #1 is not going to happen a dozen times a day, which is about how often Jet wants to go out, therefore solutions #2 & 3 are going to be employed frequently. Unfortunately this results in really gross looking yellow snow around the door, and no, there is no other place she can be tied out that is better.

Which brings us to global warming: I want frequent snowfall to cover the pee spots.

Haha You weren't expecting that, were you?

Life is weird. I saw on Rachel Ray (yeah, I admit to watching it sometimes. I can't get Martha Stewart anymore and at least Rachel Ray doesn't make me like a schlump. Just old) that you could make flexible ice packs by freezing rubbing alcohol and water (and food coloring). And since my life is all about ice packs these days, I tried it. Apparently I wasn't listening very well because it didn't freeze at all, just stayed liquid. So I added water, and I now have a large ziploc of green half-frozen sludge. Interesting. I'm thinking of trying to make several smaller icepacks by using my FoodSaver machine. I think it will make a big mess--anyone want to watch? The green food coloring might have been a mistake...

Oh check this out (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1555290&postcount=1)-- It'll make you laugh :rofl:

later lovelies
Kiwi

Kiwonk
02-03-2007, 12:23 PM
Just fine, how are you? :chin:

:coach: I said, How are you?

Whassamatta, cat gotcher tongue? :tied:

It's a beautiful snowy day in Kiwiland. Who wants to play outside? :snow4:

Kiwonk
02-04-2007, 12:41 PM
Who wants gum?

Cowpernia
02-04-2007, 01:21 PM
You know I don't want gum. Gum/tobacco/alcohol all bad. I need chocolate though. Noticed at supermarket that same cake pan that's used for Easter Egg cakes is now doing service as Football cake.

Send pictures of puppy in snow. And chocolate.

venting: While I am a teacher for the preschoolers three hours a day, I have an assistant. The assistant changes weekly as three people rotate in and out. No one likes it because the hours are later but two are wonderful. The other is passive-aggressive and a pain. Past week I was with p-a one who spent her time in the classroom sitting in the kids' beanbag chair and barking at the them from there. Barking is useful. She was keeping them in line a bit.

However, woman who trained me used to be a director of a facility but told me she didn't like it because the stress of working with adults is more than the stress of working with kids. IE: does not like to talk to adults. She had something to say about a new student, his paperwork and his fees or something and she walks into the room, passes me where I'm working a puzzle with three little girls, goes to body in beanbag chair and fills her in. I feel so furious!! This woman will never let me know what was said and soon I got a call from the director saying the fee is $1.20 a day. I said I thought it was $12 because I thought she was talking about something else. So I have given up on p-a woman but would like to sock Mrs. It's Too Stressful To Speak to Adults in the Stressed Out Nose.

There are jobs in the school district but I'm not applying because I've never left a job without giving 2 weeks notice and I'm certain they'd hire a sub or someone who could step right in.

Bagzz
02-04-2007, 07:49 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhh Peachie---can't You Apply For Said Jobs And If You Get One You Like ,ask Them If You Can Have Two Weeks Til You Start????

Kiwonk
02-05-2007, 12:28 PM
You know I don't want gum. Gum/tobacco/alcohol all bad. Not that I'm that big a fan of gum, and especially the slack-jawed gum-chewing type, but what is wrong with it in principal? There are no stimulants or depressants in it or any other "drug". It is not addicting except in the same way biting your fingernails is addicting. Just wondering.
.......sitting in the kids' beanbag chair and barking at the them from there. Barking is useful. And kids like to play with animals!

I do hope you'll apply to positions that interest you -- job transitions are always awkward, but if it's a worthwhile change, I say ... Burn that bridge when you come to it ;) . Or something.

Although from the sound of it, if there are any shakeups where you work now, you will be in charge before you know it...

Went to SuperBowl Party yesterday. It was just 5 of us, but it was fun. I made chili, and a veggie tray. There was homemade bread, and pizza sticks which were easy and very yummy. And the game was sort of interesting, I guess.

Today it is so cold here, even the dog didn't want to play outside for more than a couple of minutes. Supposed to be a high temperature of 3°F.

Kiwi

Bagzz
02-05-2007, 08:20 PM
it is freezing here as well!!! and the wind chill is stupefying!!!! and freezing as well!!!---we were in nova scotia on the weekend and all the dd's were there to hang with us---we went to a dinner theatre production that dd20's bf was starring in---he was great and a sweetheart to boot---first time i met him!!!he has a great voice and played guitar in their band as well.Went to a trade show for the shop but was not wowed by anything---I NEED SOMETHING INTERESTING TO SELL!!!! WHAT THE **** CAN I SELL!!!!THE AMERICANS ARE COMING !!! THE AMERICANS ARE COMING!!! Last year we had thirtythree cruise ships in port over five months---THIS YEAR THERE ARE FIFTY FIVE!!! WHAT CAN I SELL TO THE YANKEES!!!!!

Cowpernia
02-05-2007, 09:25 PM
Yankees like tee shirts for their kids, little puffins, lighthouses and LOCALLY MADE STUFF ... don't you have a bunch of crafty friends?? They like postcards and you should have postage. They like people in native dress (not Frenchy's). You should sell dolls from countries the typical NBer comes from. They like snacks they can carry home. Sell chicken bones!!!

Schatzi
02-06-2007, 09:08 AM
Peachie, A chick sent me this... and I tried to send it to you but I got it back... I thought of you ....
What Teachers Make

The dinner guests were sitting around the table discussing life.

One man, a CEO, decided to explain the problem with education.
He argued, "What's a kid going to learn from someone who decided his best option in life was to become a teacher?"

He reminded the other dinner guests what they say about teachers:
"Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach."

To stress his point he said to another guest; "You're a teacher, Rosemary. Be honest. What do you make?"

Rosemary, who had a reputation for honesty and frankness replied,
"You want to know what I make? (She paused for a second, then
began...)
"Well, I make kids work harder than they ever thought they could.
I make a C+ feel like the Congressional Medal of Honor.
I make kids sit through 40 minutes of class time when their parents can't make them sit for 5 without an I Pod, Game Cube or movie rental..
You want to know what I make?" (She paused again and looked at each and every person at the table.)
I make kids wonder.
I make them question.
I make them criticize.
I make them apologize and mean it.
I make them have respect and take responsibility for their actions.
I teach them to write and then I make them write.
I make them read, read, read.
I make them show all their work in math.
I make my students from other countries learn everything they need to know in English while preserving their unique cultural identity.
I make my classroom a place where all my students feel safe.
I make my students stand to say the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag, because we live in the United States of America.
Finally, I make them understand that if they use the gifts they were given, work hard, and follow their hearts, they can succeed in life.

(Rosemary paused one last time and then continued.)
"Then, when people try to judge me by what I make, I can hold my head up high and pay no attention because they are ignorant...
You want to know what I make?

I MAKE A DIFFERENCE. What do you make?"

Cowpernia
02-06-2007, 09:36 AM
I'm thinking you can't make kids apologize and mean it.

My kids are tiny. Many have one or two parents in jail or prison. Many in this school are related: cousins, half-siblings, aunt/niece. Wouldn't you find it uncomfortable to pick up your child who happily jumped up and down and said, "Mommy there's Susie!!" because you and Susie's mom were being visited by the same man four years ago?

I have good hands. I love my hands. They work and they have no pain. But I have thin skin, am aging, and my veins show. Over and over, darker skinned little ones touch touch touch my hands. I used to move my hands out of their sight as it's annoying but they've started saying, "Who did that to you?" and such and I say "There's nothing wrong with my hands. Your hands look like that and mine look like this and they're both good."

I teach them to spell their names as no one at home has thought to do this. They don't even know the alphabet unless they've learned it at school. I try to teach them to take turns, to follow instructions and to take care of classroom materials.

I am feeling depressed. My house is a mess. I hate to say I need a man but it would help. am alone too much.

Schatzi
02-06-2007, 09:42 AM
ARRRGH! I lost my post to the Baglady!

Baggers... Yes Yes...Peachie is on the right track!!! We want Canadian things we cant get at the local mall!!!
What were your hot sellers last year? Get more
What are the other successful smelly soap shops selling? Copy them...
Here is a link to a pretty cool unique store .
http://www.calgarycraftedgifts.com/index.htm
Refridgerator magnets of Canada and Canadien things like mooses, or landmarks. Canadian Pins that people collect and put on thier hats and vests!locally made craft crap... maybe native stuff like dreamcatcher thingies....pottery bowls, tiles,trivets. Hiking Sticks, Seeds for Canadian flowers (is there such a thing?) Canadian celtic music Cds.

These are unique and cute
http://www.tamarak.com/dewbells.html

And us Mericans love our Pets... Pet Jewllery!!!
maybe not candian...but they are not easy to find down these parts....
These are A DOOR A BULL!!!
http://www.bigpawdesigns.com/

When you become a Millionaire Smelly Soap Mavem don't forget us little people eh?

Kiwincer... how that elbow coming along?
Wabby ..update update!!! You are getting your GC? You Go girl!!!!! :cheer2: how is doggie? Are you tuning in far off radio stations with his satelite head?
Must go...need :coffee:

Kiwonk
02-06-2007, 01:00 PM
Hiking Sticks, Seeds for Canadian flowers (is there such a thing?) Canadian celtic music Cds.
good ideas. They sell hiking sticks around here and in Bar Harbor I've noticed. Do all the cruise ships stop in Bar Harbor before they go to NB?
Lupine seeds!
And not only celtic music, but really sappy music made by Canadians. Americans would be all excited to find out that Celine Dion, Anne Murray, etc. are Canadian (seriously).

Peachie is a goooooooood teacher.

My elbow is still hurty. I had my Physical Torture this morning. Frankly I don't think it's really helping, it hasn't really changed since shortly after I started the OT in December. Probably if I never touched the computer again it would go away. But then I wouldn't have any friends... Life's a beach, eh?

Kiwi

Kiwonk
02-06-2007, 01:16 PM
I just thought of something else -- how about croakies, the straps for sunglasses? I'll bet there are some that are made in the Maritimes. Also Hat Clips -- those are harder to find, but I'll tell you, they are very useful on a boat, so why not on a cruise ship!

Don't sell Burt's Bees products. I'm boycotting them

Kiwi

Bagzz
02-06-2007, 04:30 PM
what are hat clips and why are you boycotting bert's bees???? THANK you cows for all your suggestions!!!! i am going to try shatzi's links----regarding pins and all those magnets and the like---i am in a market with many other stores which all carry those tourist items that are made in china but have canada on them---you can find the VERY same items in Bar Harbour---lobsters,lighthouses etc with the maritimes and new england printed on them!!!---since i am a handcraft store [ AND I DON'T MEAN GRANNY CRAFTS LIKE PAINTED ROCKS AND QUILLED PRINTS AND CROCHETED POTHOLDERS!!!!}------I need really cool jewellery and you are right--my hand crafted pottery plaques with cats on them and the pins with cats sell really well!!!!!

Kiwonk
02-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Hat clips are dandy little items, basically a short cord, maybe 6-10" with small clips on each end and you clip to the back of a hat and your shirt collar. Sometimes they have floatable material on them so if you drop everything in the water, you might recover it. :shrug: A boating necessity IMO. I suppose they don't really fit with your merch., but they don't take up much space and people buy stuff like that on a whim.

I thought of something else -- people are always asking me for local blueberry jam. NB is loaded with blueberries, right? Do you sell any food items?

I think you should sell cans of fog.

Oh, and I boycott Burt's Bees because the woman who founded the company and got rich off it is an absolute witch. She is using her money to buy up property in Maine to have it saved for this heinous National Park scheme that some people who are not from the area want to turn our backyard into. The property she owns is doing nothing at all, and she has turned out businesses that were located there -- innocuous things like guiding businesses and hunting camps, and won't allow what we refer to as "traditional" uses on her land -- hunting, fishing, snowmobiling. Beeyotch. You should hear some of her quotes about this area of Maine. Apparently we are all a bunch of yokels who live in trees and make wreaths for a living.

Kiwi

Schatzi
02-06-2007, 08:46 PM
I will continue to look for cool jewlery.
I have those magnets!!! Red lobster from Maine - check.
Bass Harbor Head lighthouse - check.
A real tacky rubber outline of the state with MAINE vacationland stamped on it - check.

An a course a wooden lighthouse with a bell and sprig of evergreen Xmas decoration. And one of Katadin mt. check check.

My MAINE COLLECTION ASTOUNDS ME!!!!
Go on, I know yer all jealous :s:

I agree with Kiwinessa, hat clips: goooooood.

Gardening stuff is good too..
http://www.gidesigns.net/ppettables.html

These are whimscial ..I love the angel with a wand or whatever towards the bottom. Is that what you mean by cool jewelry.. Define Cool. I'm a dorkynerd.
http://www.sherrylynnjewelry.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=SLJO&Category_Code=AP1

Cowpernia
02-06-2007, 10:13 PM
You should sell Canadian yarn and sheep thingies.

Wabby
02-07-2007, 12:06 PM
Wabby ..update update!!! You are getting your GC? You Go girl!!!!! how is doggie? Are you tuning in far off radio stations with his satelite head?
Well, ok, since you asked --- Doggie got stitches out of his tail on monday, no longer has to wear his lampshade. His tail still looks hideous, but the hair will grow. Now I just have to wait another week until I can take him for a bath, and he'll be almost as good as new. I haven't taken the test for my contractor's license yet, it's not a general contractor - we're specialty contractors, but I still have to take the GC test.... and I actually have a license, just have to be the RMI - responsible managing individual now.

Cruise ship ppl like gift shop things that are light weight because they have to haul it all back home.... and that's all I know about that.

Kiwonk
02-07-2007, 01:15 PM
I'm glad doggie is on the mend, Wab. I mean, a dog loves to wear a lampshade for parties, but as an everyday thing, nah...

Mine is still wearing a bandage; I tried taking it off one day and it got worse, so she's stuck with it for a few more days.

I have this big project I volunteered for -- making signs for the high school jazz festival next month. It seems so gigantic I can't bring myself to begin. Slap me please. The entire state is coming to this shindig, some 80 bands or something. And they will all get lost if I don't get a move on.

Talked to my sweet dd last night. She's all busy and seems pretty happy. Opened her birthday presents already and quite likes them. I got her a small rug and a couple of cute tops. DH got her a bracelet at the local new-agey gift shop that was made by a girl in the high school who DD knows. This girl who made the jewelry has issues, serious mental health issues, and it's really cool to see her doing something productive that's getting positive attentio (http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/bangor/access/1174331361.html?dids=1174331361:1174331361&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT&date=Dec+5%2C+2006&author=KRISTEN+ANDRESEN&pub=Bangor+Daily+News&edition=&startpage=1&desc=THINKING+OUTSIDE+THE+JEWELRY+BOX+Millinocket+ teen+finds+balance+-+and+a+customer+base+-+in+hand-crafting+unique+necklaces%2C+earrings+and+bracelet s)n.

Okay, I've probably procrastinated long enough. Should try to accomplish something.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
02-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Must I keep talking to myself?

I have dry hands

It's 7:30 and I haven't made dinner yet.

My daughter is turning 19 tomorrow and I won't be there. Perhaps I mentioned that already. I am conflicted. Part of me wants to drive down there tomorrow, and part of me wants to drive down there Saturday. All of me knows I am probably not driving down there at all. :(

Kiwi

Cowpernia
02-08-2007, 10:32 PM
That's so unfair. It's YOUR baby. YOU were the one who did the most on the first birthday so it should be YOU who gets to have her way.

Remember all lcp's health problems? She just got out of the hospital in Florida (upon arriving home from Spain) with two ulcers. One in stomach. One in duodedum or however Kiwi spells it.

Here is my sad state of events. I joined an organzation so I could meet people but they only meetings they have locally are when I'm working except the monthly mail-the-newsletter one. So I haven't been to any. Now the national group is having a weekend thingie right here. I mean right where I work at the supermarket and I've arranged to have the weekend off and all I could think of was that I didn't want to be working and have people from that organization come in the store and be having fun and I was pushing their food down the line. What I'm saying is I SHOULD GO TO A MEETING buttttt probably won't. I need therapy obviously.

Speakiong of which, this woman at work told me stepdd is coming home maybe and she didn't tell anyone but me because she didn't want to face the disappointment if she didn't come. So I'm thinking I can trust this woman and one day I tell her, "Between you and me, I'm getting emails about jobs in the school district."

TWO HOURS LATER, I hear the cook tell the facility snitch that Ms. Kay said Ms. Peaches is quitting. I went directly to Ms. Kay and explained that if I got a job, I'd have to take time off work for an interview and would prefer people not know this so I wouldn't be given a hard time. She apologized and said, "I didn't realize you didn't want it told."

I can only trust cows.

Kiwonk
02-09-2007, 03:20 AM
Ms Kay is not too bright...or rawther 2-faced. And you are right, cows are the only ones you can trust. We pretend that we don't even know each other's names or where we live. We are the perfect friends.

Sad to hear that lcp is sick again. I hope it didn't ruin her time in Spain.

You have completely confused me about this meeting; I can't figure out whether you mean to go or not, but I totally don't blame you for not feeling like having them come through your line. Personally I would be going to the mailing meetings -- but I love to fold things.

Later gators.
Kiwi

Kiwonk
02-09-2007, 03:35 PM
Also we can chat any time day or night and nobody minds if you nod off while we're talking. And we can look like **** and none of us will ever mention it. Unless of course you post a picture of yourself looking like ****; that's fair game.

Clearly I am talking to myself again. Sad.

Which would you rather have:
100 inches of snow in your yard, or
a high temperature of 10 degrees F that feels like 6 below zero?

Kiwi

PainterWoman
02-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Baggz... beautiful photo!

Greetings from Texas. Life is good here. My hand is cramped from addressing DS's wedding invitations. Have done about 200, only 50 to go. Working with ex and ex's wife is going way better than anticipated.

Getting svelt is not. My @#$%'d Arimidex which I re-started after the holidays is again making me ache, gain weight, sleep poorly, and feel hopeless. (Or maybe it's the aches, weight gain and lack of sleep that make me feel helpless.)

DH is a trouper. DD got promoted and is happy in Rhode Island. She also "came out" to her paternal grandmother... Which lets me know that a: she has courage and b: her current flame must be pretty significant.

TTFN

Bagzz
02-09-2007, 10:06 PM
i have both---many inches of snow and minus 17 celcius with a wind chill of -27--and i am sick to death of it!!!i think i am in the middle of the winter BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSS AND i sure am crabbbbbbbbbbbbbbbby!!!!! sorry to hear that you are missing your baby who is turning legal in canada!!!!my baby turns TWENTY ONE in two weeks so she will be legal in the USA!!!!! crazeeeeeeeeeeeee------- well,peachers,i think you should go to the party wherever it is held---YOU NEED TO PARTY HARDY TIL AT LEAST TWELVE BELLS!!!! now i must go watch frazier and then seinfeld and then go to sleep!

Cowpernia
02-09-2007, 10:09 PM
I'd rather have the snow. The other sounds cold. With the snow, I can sit inside and drink hot cocoa and eat grilled cheeses. Everything would be lovely and white and fir trees would line the perimeter of my vision. An old barn would loom to the right side of my window and a cute man in high boots and flannelesque shirt would be walking toward my window .. no door .. whistling as he walked and carrying a bucket of maple syrup. I could see him. No 100 inches of snow would obscure this view. Maybe he would be on slilts. Who cares. Bread would be baking in the oven. I wonder who did that? He would open and close the door so adroitly that no heat would escape the house. Entering my Florida room, where I am watching this wonderland spectacle, he would call "Hi, Honey," and throw off his darling little stocking cap thing. As his comes nearer I feel the cold coming off his ruddy skin. HIs lips, full and childlike, demonstrate their muscularity as his kisses my waiting mouth. "Is it still snowing," I ask. "I don't think so," he shrugs, "Want to go for a walk?" "Sure," I answer. The snow melts before us as we stroll, arm in arm, down a country lane. Birds sing. Squirrels twitter. Holly sprigs spring up around us.

Kiwonk
02-10-2007, 04:34 PM
I think that fantasy is what prompted me to move to Maine. Are you writing a romance novel?

Hi Painty! Sounds like fun (and a lot of work) helping with DS' wedding. I'm sure it will be wonderful. I thought your DD was in Boston area, did she move recently? Or am I just not remembering as usual. I think it's great about her coming out to her grandmother. Must be so difficult. My dd's roommate is having coming out problems galore -- her parents, once the epitome of the east coast liberals, went absolutely ballistic when she told them she was gay.

My dog keeps turning off my Roomba.

Kiwi

SugP
02-10-2007, 04:50 PM
Hi darlings!

So sorry I've been such a lazy cow lately. Well, lazy when it comes to posting. At home I've been working my rather large behind off and ze kitchen, she is finished! Just need to put all the STUFF back in and accesorize a bit. Will be asking advice on window treatments from interior designer cows.

Feel like I'm coming down with something. The nice cashier at the supermarket today looked deathly ill. She should have been at home in bed rather than handing out change. The whole town will probably be infected by Monday.

I promise I'll catch up with y'all tomorrow! :grouphug:

Kiwonk
02-11-2007, 01:31 AM
Yep, money is the root of all illness. Or something.

Congrats on the kitchen!!! I went to see the floor and light fixture; I must return to peruse the latest. Must be totally wonderful to have all new kitchen stuff. I am turribly jealous.

Later darlings.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
02-11-2007, 02:29 PM
First the complaints:

I've been on the puter for nearly an hour and was wearing my elbow cuff dealie-do with ice to ward off pain and I just took it off. Now my arm feels frozen and stiff. Lovely.

Some ******* sent me a spam today with a subject line about "the dead dads club" which is offensive enough, but I would have taken it more personally if I hadn't recognized the line as being from a recent episode of Grey's Anatomy. Some people are such complete :censored: I can hardly believe it.

Anyway, the brag:

DD couldn't come home for her birthday this weekend because of the big gala opening (http://www.tufts.edu/musiccenter/events/festival.html) of the brand new music building on campus. She performed with the chorale last night at the fancy black-tie concert, but mostly she put in hours and hours of work at the box office, setting up for events, and yesterday morning she was helping people find the activities (http://www.tufts.edu/musiccenter/events/festival.html#workshops) they came for (she is in the Gamelan ensemble, but she was needed for showing people around). And one of the people to whom she actually gave a personal tour of the whole facility was this guy (http://www2.blast.com/tjanderson/index.html) who it turns out is quite the VIP. Good thing she was nice to him. :lol: He was the music dept. chairman when I was there at school, but I don't really remember him. Today she is working at the BSO chamber concert. (http://www.tufts.edu/musiccenter/events/festival.html#feb11)

And that's my life lived vicariously through my child. Someday I will get my own life, but for now :shrug:

Kiwi

Cowpernia
02-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Ok. Vicarious lives through kids ... DS is in Tampa visiting lcp who is out of the hospital again. He tells me so little. He may have sung the lead in La Bohemme but I wouldn't know. He did apply for an RA job for the next year and he did .. when I pressed .. tell me that the interview took two days. First day, kids were put into groups presented with problems (not specified) and people with clipboards hovered around them observing them solving problems in groups. Next day was formal interview where he got to tell them why he should be hired.

I don't know how to get a life.

Kiwonk
02-11-2007, 07:22 PM
I don't know how to get a life.Oh who needs a life, I'm sure it's overrated. Here's what I do when I can't details sufficient from DD -- I ask the bf! If I am still not satisfied with the answers, I annoy her with emails. It doesn't help, but it makes me think I've done something. Sometimes I resort to comparing notes with BF's parents. I've never known people who talked on the phone so much; I was over there a week or so ago and one of the boys called home twice while I was there. So the parents are right on top of everything.

Good luck to DS with the RA thing. DD's roommate is applying for that as well, leaving DD at loose ends, but I'm sure she will figure it out.

I haven't done anything about dinner and it's 7:20. I wonder if we will eat dinner tonight? :chin:

Kiwi

Oh, here's some news: my ex-bf got married last week for the 2nd time. Apparently he gave up waiting for me. :lol:

Bagzz
02-11-2007, 08:05 PM
my dd in denmark was celebrating last night by whacking on a barrel to make candy fly out of it----i think i will live vicariously through her too!!!!---i love peacher's story---it was so evocative i felt i was there---i think there was a cat sitting by the stove purring.here is what dd was doing ----http://www.danishmuseum.org/SpecialEvents/Fastelavns.html

Kiwonk
02-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Ah, barrel whacking, how quaint. :dizzy:

I blew off my PT appt this morning. I feel blah. Very blah. Cheer me up.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
02-13-2007, 04:52 PM
Sugar's new kitchen is heaven!!!! Go see! Isn't it smashing?!? (http://justcallmemausi.blogspot.com/) Doesn't it look like something right out of a magazine? Way to go, Sug, it's awesome!

I am using icebags for armrests! I may have come up with a new invention.

Kiwi

Schatzi
02-13-2007, 07:07 PM
Sug!!! simply gobsmacked!!! STUNNINK!!!!!!You are a DESIGNER in the making!!!! Love it all! Especially the floor!(do I have enough !!!! yet? )

I am a 2nd or 3rd generation leech- 2x at least removed.. I have no childruns so I must live through cow kids.. haha

Painty darling - fly in with big news after your baby must fill us in on the progress of the wedding! And good for DD- Shakespear said it best a bajillion years ago: To Thine Own Self Be True: good for DD to feel comfortable enough to let others know.. I personally dont think in the next 50 years that sexually orientation is going to be a big whoop.

CRAP Kiwi!! It seems like this arm ache is not from using it..eh? If you are using the arm STOP !!!! I had elbow pain for years til I stopped using that arm to carry heavy crap for about a year.. Pain gone. Do not walk Jett with that arm/hand. Nothing!! Do nothing!!! Lay and eat Bon Bons with the other arm!!!!

Peachie: I can't look at a bottle of Log Cabin Syrup the same after your mini-novellette.

Bagzz- So where you live in country bucolic lupine full land, what news do you get??? is it just about Canada, or Merica, Europe and Skandanavia..I ask because WE here in the states never here about Canadian things(save some Whoha over the official language) and NEVER hear anything about Denmark, Sweden, Norway.. do they have crime there? Taxes? Are they sooo evolved as I think they are that there are No problems there? I wish to move to Copenhagen land of Danny Kaye's Hans Christian Anderson . I wish to know more of these lands.

Cowpernia
02-13-2007, 09:24 PM
I love love love love Danny Kaye. I have always loved Danny Kaye since I saw him when I was an army bratlett in Germany and he did a show. He held his right leg up 90 degrees (or so I thought) and then he held his left leg up 90 degrees. Then he said, "The real trick would be if I could hold both up at the same time."

End of my day, I am informed by director that Little Girl 1 did not come to school because informed her mom that LG2 and LB got under the playground equipment and pulled down their pants. Mom said the kids are not supervised on my watch. LB2 admitted this pants pulling (how far is not said) to the director who said there has also been kissing. I know nothing of this kissing. They are 4 years old.

So I am TOLD to inform LG2's mom when she picks her up. LB is absent. LG2's grandpa picks her up instead and I stupidly tell him this story and then he opens his eyes, looks right through me and says, "Say what?"

Sigh.

Cowpernia
02-13-2007, 09:29 PM
wow that is a BEAUTIFUL kitchen with an entertainment center and everything. I think that's a pie shelf she's calling a pull out larder. Isn't it kind of like the ones in the restaurants where the desserts go round and round?

Kiwonk
02-14-2007, 03:01 AM
I would like to call it an Apothekeschrank -- did I get that close, Sugar?

I made a valentine card for DH of a photo his parents had in an album. I had never seen it before. You all will think it is the cutest thing ever. Unfortunately it is on the other puter which is shut down at the moment. I will send it tomorrow, promise.

:val1:Happy Valentine's Day to you Loverly Cows! :val1:

:chockiss::chockiss::chockiss::chockiss::chockiss: :chockiss::chockiss::chockiss:

Kiwi

Kiwonk
02-14-2007, 01:13 PM
Well, I know you're all busy baking heart shaped cookies or something, but you need to come entertain me. I'm about to be snowed in. The snow started at 8 this morning and has been coming down steadily since. Right now it resembles a hard rain when you look out the window, but it's all snow. Who knows? This may actually be a biggie!

Kiwi

SugP
02-14-2007, 04:43 PM
Happy Valentine's Day, Cowzeroonies!

And thank yous for the kitchen compliments. We're really pleased with it and it's SO easy to keep clean. No mucky little nooks and crannies any more. And YES, Kiwi, you got it right - Apothekenschrank. But Peachy can call it a pie cupboard if she wants. I'm now facing the daunting task of bringing everything back up from the basement and putting it away. Ackk.

Kiwi - Very worried about that elbow of yours. Do they think it will eventually get better? Just don't go shoveling any snow. You're not going to get 8 ft of it like I saw on the news, are you? Where was that anyway? Somewhere close to Lake Michigan, they said. Which would, um, most likely make it Michigan, right? I got a C+ in geography.

Schatz - Way to go on your exams! You are one smart, smart cowie.

Peachy - Danny Kaye is (was?) adorable. And as far as I can remember, 4 year olds pull down their pants all the time.

Painty - You're the wedding planner! This must be so exciting for you.

Bagzie - How go the sales? When do the next tourists arrive? Easter?

Wabby - *hugs* to you. I've been reading your blog

Cherry - I saw your GREAT weight loss on your site! You go girl!

Cowpernia
02-14-2007, 07:29 PM
I do not know how I could entertain Kiwi but I will try. Here goes:

da da dum da da da dum

I am standing in my underies and shaking my hips.

da da dum dad da dum dum

I am slowly turning clockwise and raising my arm overhead.

da dum dum dum dum da da da da da dum dum dum dum

The faster I shake my hips and the faster I turn, the more my fat gutt flies out like a quivering frisbie.

How's that?

Bagzz
02-14-2007, 08:19 PM
i think peachie saw shakira on the grammies from her description!!!--i too made a visit to the german kitchen and it is a delight!!!! how wonderful to have a place for everything!!! and the cool spot to see the tv while you work!!! of course jealous is what i am when i see it,but i am happy enough for sugar to deal with it!!!!!! kiwonk---do not do anything to jeopardize your elbow or arm or whatever is hurting the most!!!!my friend is on her third hernia repair cause she never listens to the docs and does things they told her not to do!!!!----and shatzi darling---canadian news programs if Full of canadian news,then american news,and always international news---if you want to hear a typical newscast then visit-----cbc.ca------- we are interested in THE ENTIRE PLANET!!!! ------ if you concentrate on everyone else's problems you can avoid your own!!!!---- we had good sales FINALLY today as there was a lot of gift buying for valengine's day.

PainterWoman
02-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Bagzz-- didn't know that the Danes had pinatas... but made of barrels. how clever. Will you be stocking them in your shop?

Kiwi-- you are right. DD was in Boston, but got raise and promotion and is now about 30 yeards from the Brown University athletic field. so sorry to hear about your DD's roommates not-so-open-minded parents. It CAN be a shock, but I hope they come down to earth soon. Lots of support on East Coast... especially in comparison to the vast mid-west hinterlands. DS is in Quincy, MA, teaching in Dorcester Hts./Boston. So we still get there on occasion.

Sug: your kitchen photos (and no doubt the real thing) are gorgeous. Love the lace curtains and under-counter lighting. Oh... and I saw the Nutella cake. egad. T.E.M.P.T.A.T.I.O.N.

Cowper: Good luck with the young and the restless. I always wonder where they LEARNED that stuff? Big brother? Dad? Uncle Philbert?

Happy Valentine's day y'all.

Kiwonk
02-15-2007, 04:35 PM
You're not going to get 8 ft of it like I saw on the news, are you? Where was that anyway? Somewhere close to Lake Michigan, they said. Which would, um, most likely make it Michigan, right? I got a C+ in geography.Western New York, as I've been seeing it -- Lake Ontario and Erie. 10 feet and still snowing last time I heard.
How's that?Um. That was very entertaining. Don't quit your day job.

Pretty heart, Painty!

Am declining to do too much shoveling -- We had about 12-15 inches I guess. DH plowed 3x yesterday; then the truck croaked. Seriously, won't start -- he thinks the engine is blown entirely. Had to call on a friend to help out today (mainly to haul the truck out of the driveway, my explorer wouldn't budge it). It's always something.

Before I got out of bed this morning, I manage to pull a muscle in my shoulder/neck. That was fun. That'll teach me to try to get an extra 40 winks. Limped into PT with my boots untied.

My little sweetie is coming home tomorrow!! I'm making her French Silk Pie! Hope she eats all of it.

Kiwi

Schatzi
02-15-2007, 07:03 PM
Am declining to do too much shoveling

And this shoveling? This is gonna help yer elbow ? Kiwi :tantrum: I swear us cows are gonna have to schlep in snowshoes to Maine and bind that arm down!

Painty- that heart is so clever and adorable!

I just watched a Favorite Danny Kaye Movie.. The Court Jester with
"The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon, the vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true. " :rofl:
I had a crush on him and Gene Kelly as a kid.. well not him, me as a kid.

:hungry: save me a piece of that :hb: silk pie!

My brain is full. :headache: I did nothing today but graze. I was so hungry... I tried to eat healthy crap like soy beans, pickles, cheese slice, bean salad, dark chocolate :chockiss: Dh is bringing home chicken for me from his waterin hole tonight.

Bagzz
02-15-2007, 08:56 PM
blah week ---- a friend of mine died unexpectedly---she has four kids----three of them are grown and out of the house but her ds is only fourteen----the other kids are sweet but they have lives of their own--i am afraid the dad will not be enough---the mom doted on all of her kids but her baby was still home with her---plus i am mad that she was misdiagnosed all over the place and while they were trying to decide what was really wrong with her ,her liver failed----they hadn't noticed that all the drugs they had her on and the painkillers she was taking for chronic pain had totally compromised her liver----she wasn't a drinker at all but she died of a classic liver disease---cirrhosis.i am so angry that they fiddled around so long and didn't notice the real problem---the funeral was so sad---her eldest son gave an amazing eulogy---but he broke down when he mentioned that he and his wife were expecting a child and my friend was so excited about becoming a grandmother----------------------a real sad week.

Cowpernia
02-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Oh Bagzie. Very sad. Cirrohosis is one of the problem lcp has. Hers was caused by a bad gall bladder I think. You are right to be angry about the misdiagnosis. Why don't they look for things like that? It's not hard is it? You take some blood and the lab will tell you all kinds of things.

My baby is having problems at school. He's always been so smart, focused, at the top ... and now he's having problems. It worries me. He says he's stressed.

Bagzz
02-15-2007, 09:31 PM
they seem to have missed how BAD the liver was--if they had known this last summer they could have put her on a transplant list------i have to stop thinking about it cause there is no point---i just can't stop thinking of her son-----regarding your sweet son----you know i remember how stressful the kids find the first year---it probably has a lot to do with that----just not used to the system---- and is he writing midterms now??? tell him not to expect so much of himself-----the competition is much more intense at university-----OH THIS IS SO HARD,THIS PARENTING THING---- my friend {Kerry} used to be so worried about every little thing with all her kids and now she is gone----what will they do without her.

PainterWoman
02-16-2007, 02:34 AM
Yipes, Kiwi. Is it "normal" AND necessary to plow 3 x day? Every day ALL winter.??? (Retirement to New England is getting closer and more real.):shocksn: :shocksn: :shocksn: :snow4: Are you in the deep snow boonies? would you need to plow all the time if you were closer to Portland? What a shame about your truck. I guess duct tape isn't going to be good enough. Lucky daughter to get French Silk Pie.:lucky:

Shatz: DH likes the pellet, poison and flagon, too. I don't remember having crushes on movie stars as a "kid"… My family wasn't much into movies. Maybe 'crushes' just felt too risky.

Aww, Baggz… so sorry for the loss of your friend. I was waiting in DH's diabetes MD office this morning and a woman who was also waiting on her husband made mention of her sister in law who'd had cancer, was OK for 5 years and "then it recurred, and they found it everywhere and she died right away.:dizzy: " That was NOT a happy thought, nor a welcome one. I think we can't help but wonder if we'll be able to communicate well enough to able professionals to get the best treatment possible. I hope the 14 year old can establish a support network FAST if Dad can't take up the slack. Big losses for both of them. Maybe big brother can help. All those paternal hormones etc. I try to remember to be grateful for the health, happiness and friends I DO still have. Sometimes it's easier than others.

Cowp: Please un-acronym "lcp"… it isn't registering in my addled brain. Sorry your son is stressed. You sound relatively calm. It gets all of us eventually…. and seems to be something you just have to learn to deal with your own self! Somewhere I read that the best response to stress (or worry) is ACTION. I'm not sure it even matters what the action is. Here I am closer to 60 than I like to remember and I'm still learning the basics.
Besides, I am totally jealous that you have only 1 #$%^ing lb to lose!

I finally figured out that opening up Word to the side of the threads allows me to make notes and then I can cut and paste and seem all attentive. Don't know why I didn't think of it before. Stay warm y'all… and off that highway in Pennsylvania.

Greetings to all the rest of you!

Cowpernia
02-16-2007, 09:16 AM
lcp is little cutie pie, my ds's gf.

I am depressed this morning.

I do not have one lb to lose. That thing is out-of-date and meaningless. I don't want to change it because I don't care about it.

Kiwi's socks are almost done. May get mailed Tuesday. That is the plan.

Bye.

Wabby
02-16-2007, 11:04 AM
I've been off the last couple days being sick. Stomach flu barfy sick. I forgot how good it feels to be able to keep your lunch down.

Bagzie, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Sometimes it just makes you wonder how there can be so much sorrow in the world. I'll be adding her husband and children, and you, her friend, to my lengthening list of people to pray for.

Today is my little Kayden's first birthday. If you've been reading my blog (not that I've updated much) you know her mommy and DS have split. It's already gotten ugly and my DIL is refusing to let us have her even for a few hours today. I'm trying not to wallow in sadness, but it gets pretty hard some days.

And now that I've cheered you all, Happy belated Valentine's Day.

Time to get a whole bunch of work caught up on.

Schatzi
02-16-2007, 04:00 PM
Oh dear...such dreadful news all over. It's a good thing that boredom and not sorrow is a food trigger for me... lest I be :sumo: even more so with all this.

Bagz- My heart goes out to you and your friend and her family... loosing a parent is never easy but so much harder when you are younger and especially a young teen. just terrible. Yes Cirrosis can happen even if you are a non drinker.. and it happens more than we think. It just is maddening when it could have been detected earlier! :hugs: :grouphug:

Wabby: I sent you an email. I hope you take care of your self. and :hb: happy birthday to that little sweetie!

Kiwi: enjoy DD time with you... and NO SHOVELIN!!!

Cowie: please post pics of newest sockart. I bet they are loverly!!! perhaps the academic den mother Bagerilla is correct... new environment, higher expectations... DS is feeling the pressure that he brings on himself and nothing more..except maybe a frat house giving him a wedgie or forcing beer down his gullet.. I do hope he is not a frat boy..he doesnt seem the type.

My brain is on full and overload and I am retaining nothing. I think I will take a "nancy break" .. I love the Nancy Drew mystery pc games (yes dorkygirl alert) and will endulge this weekend.

Bagzz
02-16-2007, 07:21 PM
OHHHHHHHHHH the dead of february and all seems grim ----- wabby ,that is so unbelievable about dil---how could she take that joy away at such a time----we need to pray that SHE has a major change of heart----at least if they stay broken up the courts will insist that your son gets his share of time with kAYDEN--- and of course you will be a part of that---it's just hard to believe with all that's happened that anyone could contribute to your sadness---it makes me mad. -----------well,at least kiwonk will have a happy weekend with her baby girl!!!!xoxoxoxoxo

Kiwonk
02-17-2007, 01:36 PM
And this shoveling? This is gonna help yer elbow ? Kiwi :tantrum: I swear us cows are gonna have to schlep in snowshoes to Maine and bind that arm down!:sorry: I didn't do very much shovelling, honest! I'm not telling you what I did do yesterday... :no:

Bags, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Just so wrong, that shouldn't happen. Poor kids. Is the boy a friend of your ds? I hope he gets through it okay.
He's always been so smart, focused, at the top ... and now he's having problems. It worries me. He says he's stressed.Yeah, you can't help but worry. So much work they take on, and so many other pressures at the same time. I'm sure he'll figure it out though.
Yipes, Kiwi. Is it "normal" AND necessary to plow 3 x day? Ohmygoodness, no! This was a whopper of a nor'easter; the snow fell from 8 in the morning continuously until way into the night. It also drifted a lot from the wind. So you have to keep up with it or it will overwhelm you. For your typical snowstorm, you only plow once, maybe twice if it lasts a long time, depends on the timing. To give you an idea of what it's like -- shovelling out your front steps is sort of a small-scale version of the same thing: if you get 3 or 4 inches of snow during the night, you'd shovel the steps once in the morning. But if it keeps snowing and drifting, you shovel several times because otherwise you can't open the storm door! (because they open outwards) Sort of the same with plowing, you let it build up, you won't be able to push it all out of the way.

And in Portland by the way, they had several inches. It usually melts sooner there though, being on the coast.
I don't remember having crushes on movie stars as a "kid"… What I remember is having crushes on cute little boys in my class. Like cute little Ronald Hess.
Somewhere I read that the best response to stress (or worry) is ACTION. That's so true. If you can just remember it when you are stressed!
Kiwi's socks are almost done. :woohoo: :hyper: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay:
Today is my little Kayden's first birthday.
Aw, happy birthday to the little sweetie. I'm so sorry your DIL is putting you through this, that really sucks. I hope she will calm down soon and get more reasonable; she can't keep up that kind of anger forever. If she were thinking rationally she would realize how cruel she's being.

Well, things have to get better, eh? I'm going to go take a shower. It can't hurt.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
02-17-2007, 06:51 PM
This is my boss: She tells me and I know she told someone else that we'll be having a staff meeting Monday. She told me, "It won't be pleasant." She told the other person that she was going to eat us up. Isn't that nice? What a role model. What a motivator.

I was just playing cribbage online with a little icon representing me with pigtails. Girl icon. People ask asl and I answer 83 male Vatican and they believe it because they are morons. I got tired of waiting for the last guy to move and started looking at knitting blogs. He says, "So, do you knit?" I asked why he asked and he said he didn't know what we did at the Vatican. Gave me the creeps. Could he possibly know what I was doing???? Is my puter safe?

Where can I go with a girlfriend for a very cheap vacation in the summer? I suggest Oklahoma but she scoffed. I am broker than she but would like to get away.

Action. That's what I should do. Somebody remind me soon. Too late today. DS is in Tampa with lcp again. He did not go see his teacher. I asked and he snapped, "I'll tell you when I do." I replied, "It's normal for moms to be ask. If I weren't asking, someone else would ask and you'd have to call her Mom." He apologized.

One of my babies cried all afternoon because during nap, she dreamt that her mommy shot her daddy.

Another two of my babies were given candy by their other teacher and told to take it home. They took it out in my room and I put it on top of the cubbies by the signout book and said they could have it when they went home. One sneaked up there, got her candy knocking stuff off the shelf, behind the cubbies. I gave the other girl candy (they live in the same house) but kept this one to return to the other teacher. Was I too mean? I guess I don't think so. Why would it be too much to ask five-year-olds to follow simple classroom rules? They don't have rules at home, I think, and so believe they are in charge at school, also.

I am bored. Someone entertain ME>>E>E>>E>>

Kiwi, can I vacation on your boat? I'll bring dog biscuits. You and Frank can drive it around for us.

PainterWoman
02-17-2007, 07:10 PM
Cowpernia-- Socks can cure anything, I think. I got a new book last night by Ann Hood (of whom I had never heard) called The Knitting Circle. All about a group of women healing their various griefs and problems by knitting. It is pretty well written. I've already needed kleenex twice.
Even if Oklahoma would be a cheap vacation, I don't think it would be worth it! I'd say go to Hot Springs, Ark or Eureka Springs… unless your friend lives in Oklahoma and would pay all the bills. ;)
I have no idea why the cribbage creep asked you about knitting. If you google The-Panopticon you can buy T-shirts that say "I learned to knit in prison." That might keep the riff raff quiet!

Wabby-- I'm so sorry that Kayden is going to be the rope in a post-marital tug of war. I hope her mommy's mommy will provide wise counsel. I don't think kids can have too many grand parents and/or guardian angels. (It takes a village and all that)… but the kids don't need to be drawn and quartered. I hope y'all figure out how to give her lots of happy birthday celebrations.

My favorite quote I found for Valentine's day was

Your heart is my piñata.
-Chuck Palahniuk

Has anybody heard of him?

Shatz-- I wish it were boredom that "made" me eat. I'll eat for any uncomfortable emotion.:dizzy: :dizzy:

Baggz: I'm in your corner and indignant on Wabby's behalf, too.

Kiwi-- Whew! Thanks for letting me know that multiple plowing events are "not normal." Do you have a political position on snow blowers? I think living where the snow melts fast might be a plus! If you "get behind" how long does it take for it to melt... Or does it turn into a solid block of ice and remain immovable until, um, Memorial Day?

Bagzz
02-17-2007, 07:51 PM
painty==don't worry about maine!!! you can always move to new brunswick----we never plow,we barely shovel unless old people are coming over and we get along fine--we just learn to kick things like snowbanks out of the way,and park on the road cause we can't get in our driveway and we let the snow harden to cement!!! i will send you some pictures!!! it's not scary at all---and you can always pay someone else to do it---that's what alot of people do to avoid having heart attack!!! they happen to alot of 'out of shape ' shovellers!!!---------i remember ann hood--her little daughter died unexpectedly---depressing

Cowpernia
02-17-2007, 08:04 PM
Chuck Palahniuk is an author who people either hate or love. Teenagers love him. I hate him. I began reading a novel of his. It began with a man going to a sex addicts therapy group and inside the building, before going into the room, he and a woman had sex. It was harsh like an emory board across my little imagination. I think he's known for shocking violent kinds of stuff. When my son was in high school, some students put him on the "recommended reading list." DS never read him. I was appalled and complained to no avail.

I am still bored. I would like one of those shirts though. Will go look.

Kiwonk
02-18-2007, 01:25 AM
People ask asl and I answer 83 male Vatican and they believe it because they are morons.Okay, I know a is age and s is sex, but what is l? Language? not likely. Land? hardly. I can't think of it. I will probably have thought of it by the time you answer me.
I replied, "It's normal for moms to be ask. If I weren't asking, someone else would ask and you'd have to call her Mom." He apologized.That's wonderful! I must use that sometime!
Kiwi, can I vacation on your boat? I'll bring dog biscuits. You and Frank can drive it around for us.Good idea! Although I don't think DH will drive the boat for dog biscuits; he will want jars of mixed nuts and Orangina. We keep the boat on the coast from approx. the end of May to the end of September. When are you coming?
Your heart is my piñata.
-Chuck PalahniukI am puzzled by that quote. It has the slightest ring of cupid-ness, but on the other hand if you think about it, it also sounds like he wants to beat the **** out of you.
Do you have a political position on snow blowers? I think living where the snow melts fast might be a plus! If you "get behind" how long does it take for it to melt... Or does it turn into a solid block of ice and remain immovable until, um, Memorial Day?I do not in fact have a position on snow blowers. If I had neighbors I might. Anyone who used a snow-blower while I was trying to sleep would be on my **** list. Also if a snow-blower is incompetently or deliberately blowing snow onto a neighbor's driveway or car, they are in deep doodoo, IMO. On the other hand, my friend L lost 2-1/2 fingers to a snowblower, which does not instill the reaction in me that you might expect.

The snow doesn't really tend to turn into a block of ice -- melting is required first for that to happen (and then refreezing). The real problem of buildup is that the snow gets too heavy for your vehicle to move and you have to call in a bigger vehicle to do the job. Here in Frozen Tootsies, we usually have snow that sticks around until April, although sometimes we have a thaw or 2 during the winter and then more snow.

We went to play pool and have dinner and play Texas Hold'em at our friends' house today/tonight. DD and bf came with us, but later they went to join his family ice fishing -- at night. Apparently there is one kind of fish that you fish for at night. Crazy. They didn't catch anything, but they ate scallops and had hot chocolate. :shrug: They got back to our house just the same time as we got home and we all had more French Silk pie. mmmmmm

I have a headache. Too much poker.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
02-18-2007, 08:02 AM
l is location. The Vatican is a location. How's early June? What's Orangina? The pinata quote sounds uncupidy to me. Sounds like a blindfolded person with a stick is trying to knock goodies out of your heart by breaking it.

Does Jet like the blocks of snow? Do the kitties? I just can't think of animals outdoors barefoot.

DD and bf sound like they have fun. Are they having my share? Someone is.

Kiwonk
02-18-2007, 12:10 PM
Ah. There.

Oh location, duh.

Jet loves the snow. She will plunge right into a deep drift after her tennis ball any old time. The kitties won't go outside in the winter. They used to, but they got old and lazy. Sometimes I put them outside anyway, but they don't like it much. I'm not worried about the dog's feet, they are like leather. Little kitty toes are a bit tender, but when they were younger that didn't stop them from running around the yard, climbing on the roof and stuff. I still chuckle about the time my kitty Pine was on the kitchen roof and went to jump down -- she used to jump onto the roof of the old doghouse, which has since disintegrated -- and there was so much fresh snow that she completely disappeared. It was quite hilarious. She didn't think so, but she's a cat.

I'm still fat. Young people are having all the fun.

Goodbye.

Kiwi

SugP
02-19-2007, 03:52 AM
blah week ---- a friend of mine died unexpectedly---

Oh Bagzie - That's SO sad! Awful when stuff like that happens. My ds will be 14 in two weeks and I know how hard that would hit him.

There's this thing called non-alcoholic steatohepatitis that can lead to cirrhosis of the liver. It can also go along with the thyroid thing I have. :o I wonder if her liver was compromised already and all the drugs just pushed it over the edge. You'd think the doctors would CHECK these things.

My baby is having problems at school. He's always been so smart, focused, at the top ... and now he's having problems. It worries me. He says he's stressed.

Poor guy. Seems like it take some time to figure out what the profs really want and how to deliver that with a minimum of stress. I'm sure he'll be fine. And YES, you have every right to worry and to ask him about it. They get mad (I know my kids do) but they secretly want you to care.

I finally figured out that opening up Word to the side of the threads allows me to make notes and then I can cut and paste and seem all attentive.

Painty! Did U know that after you sign in you can click on the little "multi-quote" button at the right lower corner of each post and collect as many quotes as you want from different posts and then click on "reply" and they'll abe there? No cutting and pasting!

Today is my little Kayden's first birthday. If you've been reading my blog (not that I've updated much) you know her mommy and DS have split. It's already gotten ugly and my DIL is refusing to let us have her even for a few hours today. I'm trying not to wallow in sadness, but it gets pretty hard some days.

Happy Belated Birthday to that little sweetie. I read about the break up on your blog, Wabs. So sad. BUT I do think she will eventually come around and come back. Probably she is just so overwhelmed by the whole situation. After all, she and the baby were the center of attention for a long time and now that focus has shifted, and rightly so, but she needs to learn how to deal with that.

I'm glad the barfiness went away. My least favourite kind of illness, even if it does keep one from eating.

For your typical snowstorm, you only plow once, maybe twice if it lasts a long time, depends on the timing. To give you an idea of what it's like -- shovelling out your front steps is sort of a small-scale version of the same thing: if you get 3 or 4 inches of snow during the night, you'd shovel the steps once in the morning.

Ayup, I've changed my mind, I'm not coming to live with you after all. :p

My brain is on full and overload and I am retaining nothing. I think I will take a "nancy break" .. I love the Nancy Drew mystery pc games (yes dorkygirl alert) and will endulge this weekend.

Wow, they make Nancy Drew computer games? Nancy Drew is my idol!! My best friend Suzanne P and I used to skip out of gym class in 6th grade, sneak into the library and read ALL the Nancy Drew mysteries. Heaven.

This is my boss: She tells me and I know she told someone else that we'll be having a staff meeting Monday. She told me, "It won't be pleasant." She told the other person that she was going to eat us up.

She definitely needs to work on her people skills. Try to keep the children away from her.

Your heart is my piñata.
-Chuck Palahniuk

Oy! I don't know about that one. I've had my heart used as a pinata on several occsions and sweepin' up all the debris was very messy. :dizzy:

In other news, I'm feeling blah, blah, blah and boring and down in the dumps and everything. Must go cheer myself up. Ukulele practice or something.

Bagzz
02-19-2007, 06:09 AM
[QUOTE=SugP;1577919]Oh Bagzie - That's SO sad! Awful when stuff like that happens. My ds will be 14 in two weeks and I know how hard that would hit him.

There's this thing called non-alcoholic steatohepatitis that can lead to cirrhosis of the liver. It can also go along with the thyroid thing I have. :o I wonder if her liver was compromised already and all the drugs just pushed it over the edge. You'd think the doctors would CHECK these things. i am trying this quote thing------yes,sugar---there is no question that both the prescribed meds and the painkillers took the liver to it's breaking point and the doctors had no idea how grave the situation was until it was much too late----a needless death in so many ways.

Bagzz
02-19-2007, 06:09 AM
i still don't get how to do it!

Kiwonk
02-19-2007, 02:38 PM
Bagzie, you just deleted the end of the quotie thing, that's all.

I used to use a word file to type my message in so I wouldn't forget to refer to something, but now I just use the multi-quote thing and delete the parts I don't want. Used to be if I wrote a long message and something happened to it, I couldn't go back either, it would just be blank. But lately I've noticed I can hit the back button if I have a problem, and the message is still there! I don't know if something changed, or if it's because I use Mozilla Firefox now.

It's a beautiful sunny day today -- too bad it's 8 degrees out with a huge chill factor. My little sweetie went back to school today. We thought she'd take the bus back to Boston, but the BF insisted on driving her the whole way. What can you do? :dunno: He has the week off from school, so he can take his time coming back home. Poor dears, they have different school vacation weeks. Aww, I can hear the violins already...

I have to go rescue the dog. She is outside, I set the timer for 10 minutes, don't want her to freeze.

Later dearies.

Kiwi

P.S. I went snowshoeing yesterday -- it was exhausting! DH did most of the trail-breaking, but even so, lot of hard work! Some of the foot-steps were over a foot deep! That's with snowshoes -- imagine if you tried to walk in that! :eek:

Cherry Cow
02-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Hello!!! I haven't been able to sign in in days! My silly computer forgot my password, then I forgot which email address I used. All better now! I'm going to use Sug P's multi-quote trick next time because there were a lot of people I wanted to comment to, but now I can't remember what I wanted to say!

Wabby, I'm so sorry about your DIL. Bagz, I'm sorry about your friend. My DS is 11 (can you believe it!!) and I know he would have a hard time dealing with that.

I have to go We just finished an online auction for the student organization I belong to and one of my jobs today is to email the winners and arrange for payment. Yay. My favorite thing... NOT.

Kiwonk
02-20-2007, 12:42 PM
Hi Cherry -- Haven't you seen you in a while! Are you buried in snow where you are?

I was not too thrilled this morning when I was driving into town for my physical torture session, and I drove by the road I usually take Jet to for a walk. It's a crummy dirt road that goes in for about a mile and ends at a lake. Lots of potholes, so hardly ever anyone else in there; perfect for Jet who likes to run just as fast as she can in one direction and then turn around and run in the other direction. In the winter, it's easier to drive down (with 4-wheel-drive) because the holes are filled in with ice and snow. I like to go in there once a week or so and let puppy run off some of her energy, but when I drove by today I realized the whole end of the road is plowed shut. Nobody's been in there since the snowstorm last week and the banks are over 3 ft high. I'm going to have to wait till it melts before I can let her run in there again! :( Unless someone braver than I am decides to risk getting stuck by driving over the banks. Any volunteers?

When are some more people going to sign up for facebook? I need friends.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
02-20-2007, 12:53 PM
I just commented on your chinese new year entry on your blog, and I had to send you this link: It's DD and my mom (http://tufts.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2035061&l=807e7&id=1711808). It was taken in a restaurant. I'm sure if it was a Chinese restaurant, it would have been chopsticks...

Cowpernia
02-20-2007, 08:14 PM
That child is so darling, Kiwi. Why, though, doesn't you mom have a foot long bugger hanging out of her nose? Just wondering.

My day began with me being able to go to work late (and mailing Kiwi's socks) and ended with me leanring my day will be longer. I'll get some break in the middle. It's supposed to last just two weeks but I don't believe that at all.

The problem: The 3-year-old teacher quit. I will be working with her assistant who is totally untrustworthy, who has already gone to the director twice that I know of and told lies about me. I make her do all the work, etc. The teacher who quit is very nice but didn't control those kids. They are wild, and haven't been taught anything like the alphabet. I was told I can come in at 8:00 or 8:30 but I really think I should go in at 7:30 when the assistant goes in so she doesn't take control of the room, and make me confront her unnecesarily. What do you all think? Answer tonight so I'll know.

Kiwonk
02-21-2007, 02:54 AM
Why, though, doesn't you mom have a foot long bugger hanging out of her nose? Just wondering.Well, I am sure she would have if she'd thought of it.

That's a tough one, Peachie. I can see that you'd want to be there first thing, but if you have to work later than usual, you're going to be exhausted. Maybe you could just start off getting there at 7:30 to make sure she doesn't think she is pulling anything over on you, and then change your start time to later. But show up every now and then, randomly, at 7:30 to keep her off balance. :s: Crafty, eh? Give her cookies for being cooperative. Works for Jet.

I'm very excited about my soxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! I had to change my socks twice today because I was wearing the little short thin ones my mommer gave me (they have cats on them) and my feet were COLD. So I put on the heavy wool ones with holes in the heels that I can't figure out how to fix, and, hey presto! my feet were warm all day. Except for the time I went out in the mudroom without slippers on and stepped in melting snow.

I'm babbling. Perhaps it's the hour.

I watched American Idol tonight. Blake. That's all I have to say. Gave me chills.

Kiwi

Cherry Cow
02-21-2007, 10:00 PM
Hi Cherry -- Haven't you seen you in a while! Are you buried in snow where you are?

When are some more people going to sign up for facebook? I need friends.

Kiwi

Our snow has melted... it went from 20 degrees to 60 degrees in just a couple of days. So we have these piles of soot everywhere (the college town uses soot on icy roads.)

I friended you on Facebook!

I just commented on your chinese new year entry on your blog, and I had to send you this link: It's DD and my mom (http://tufts.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2035061&l=807e7&id=1711808). It was taken in a restaurant. I'm sure if it was a Chinese restaurant, it would have been chopsticks...

Adorable picture!

The problem: The 3-year-old teacher quit. I will be working with her assistant who is totally untrustworthy, who has already gone to the director twice that I know of and told lies about me. I make her do all the work, etc. The teacher who quit is very nice but didn't control those kids. They are wild, and haven't been taught anything like the alphabet. I was told I can come in at 8:00 or 8:30 but I really think I should go in at 7:30 when the assistant goes in so she doesn't take control of the room, and make me confront her unnecesarily. What do you all think? Answer tonight so I'll know.

I would go in early, but that's because I hate confrontation.

Do the kids like singing? Would they like the alphabet song?

SugP
02-22-2007, 02:17 AM
I just commented on your chinese new year entry on your blog, and I had to send you this link:

Heee! Looks like there's one in every family, eh? Come to think of it, I believe my grandmother used straws if there weren't any chopsticks around. She also referred to the jasmine tea as "warm pee". :o Can you imagine the embarassment?

Kiwonk
02-22-2007, 01:22 PM
Heee! Looks like there's one in every family, eh? Come to think of it, I believe my grandmother used straws if there weren't any chopsticks around. She also referred to the jasmine tea as "warm pee". :o Can you imagine the embarassment?Haha I like your grandmother! I'm afraid my whole family enjoys embarrassing the younger generation. Probably how DD has gotten so good at it herself.

My dad used to say, when he was really tired from driving or paperwork or something: "My eyes feel like 2 pissholes in the snow!" And he was a classy guy.

Cherry, thanks for friending me! I also joined my first group. How do people find groups they want to join? I tried the search, but it came up with sooooo many stupid sounding groups, I didn't bother. Facebook is really pretty fascinating -- I've been on so many different services and sites for connecting with people, but this is the only one with so many features and good ways of using it, and such a wide appeal. Of course for now it is mostly used for students, but I'm sure that will change. It's quite ingenious, I think. I was in there looking at my privacy settings and I love the flexibility.

Wow, it's a beautiful sunny day here; I really should do something outdoors, lazy SOB that I am...

Kiwi

Bagzz
02-22-2007, 02:57 PM
hello sweetcows!!---the dd and her bf and the stepdd are all here for 'READING WEEK'---no reading going on that i can see--this week is dd21's bday so we are having family over for pizza tonight and i made a New Brunswick Maple Syrup cheesecake---it has half a cup of syrup in the graham crust and a whole cup in the cake---and then you drizzle MORE ON THE CAKe---i hope it tastes as good as it sounds!!!---i agree about facebook kiwonk--i rally like it but i have seen some warnings on some of the kids sites that HORROR OF HORRORS!!! --SOME PARENTS HAVE SET UP ACCOUNTS!!!-- they will probably find somewhere else to go--i love how easy it is to load pics!!----AND THAT ONE OF DD AND GRANDMOTHER IS HI LARRY ***!!!!--_ PEACHERS!!!--- i detest confrontation as well which does me no favours in my job!!!----however,avoiding it usually backfires as the problem only gets BIGGER and BIGGER!!!---- i would probably show up early as well and try to 'HEAD HER OFF AT THE PASS'--- how old do you have to be to know that expression??? ALMOST FIFTY!!!! WELL,HOW DID YOU KNOW!!!

Kiwonk
02-22-2007, 04:25 PM
--i agree about facebook kiwonk--i rally like it but i have seen some warnings on some of the kids sites that HORROR OF HORRORS!!! --SOME PARENTS HAVE SET UP ACCOUNTS!!!-- they will probably find somewhere else to go--Yeah, I set mine up last summer when DD first got on, but I didn't use it for anything. Then in the fall I looked at DD's page and saw written on the Wall from one of her friends from H.S. "Your mom has a facebook???????" Like how horrible, he could hardly believe such a thing could happen. But actually they shouldn't complain, it's so easy to limit people on what they can see on your profile and so on. And no one on the internet should have the impression that their activities are private. (Says she who has made some pretty horrible statements about people she knows) As a parent I find that you don't really want to horn in on your kid's page much. About the only thing I've done on DD's is wish her a happy birthday.

Anyway, your cheesecake sounds absolutely scrumptious. I want some. I'll trade a piece of French Silk Chocolate Pie for a piece of Maple Cheesecake (maybe we should just post pictures)

Kiwi

SugP
02-22-2007, 04:44 PM
hello sweetcows!!--- New Brunswick Maple Syrup cheesecake---it has half a cup of syrup in the graham crust and a whole cup in the cake---and then you drizzle MORE ON THE CAKe

Ooooh, may we have the recipeeee, please?

I'm a bore. What did I do today? Drank too much coffee, practiced my ukulele, thought about folding laundry or cleaning the bathroom etc etc etc and zzzzzzzzz!

Bagzz
02-22-2007, 04:57 PM
MAPLE SYRUP CHEESECAKE!!!

For crust
twenty-four 5- by 2 1/2-inch graham crackers
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
1/2 cup pure maple syrup

For filling
four 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup pure maple syrup
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 cup heavy cream

Accompaniment: pure maple syrup if desired for drizzling

Preheat oven to 350° F.

Make crust:
In a food processor finely grind graham crackers (you will have about 3 1/2 cups). Melt butter. In a large bowl stir together graham cracker crumbs, butter, and maple syrup and press evenly into bottom and up side of a 10-inch springform pan. Wrap bottom and side of pan with 2 layers of heavy-duty foil to avoid leakage.

Make filling:
In bowl of a standing mixer fitted with paddle attachment or in a food processor beat cream cheese on low speed, scraping down side of bowl occasionally, until smooth. Add syrup and eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and cream and beat until just combined.

Pour filling into crust and bake in middle of oven 1 hour (cake will not be set in center but will set as it chills). Cool cake in pan on a rack. Chill cake, covered, at least 8 hours and up to 4 days.

Remove side of pan. Serve cheesecake in wedges, drizzled with maple syrup.

Makes 1 cake.

Bagzz
02-22-2007, 04:57 PM
I Just Bought The Already Crushed Up Graham Crumbs

Kiwonk
02-23-2007, 04:09 PM
nummy!! :drool:

I am dead tired :faint: and sore. Went snowshoeing with 5-dog B___, hereafter to be known as 5DB, which was tiring enough, but we took a break and sat in the snow for a while and by the time I got back to the car the snow on my butt had melted and my pants were soaked. Big wet butt. Then instead of going home like a sensible person, I went over to the DDbf's house to hatch plans with the bf's mom about some school stuff, sitting in my wet jeans the whole time. :brr: I ache all the way up my back. Now we have to get back in the car and drive to the Big City to pick up DD from the bus. She is coming home for the weekend, apparently because bf is still on winter break. I wonder if we'd see her at all if her bf lived in another state...

Later gators. Gotta change from my fleecy "I'm freezing and must warm up pants" in to real clothes.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
02-24-2007, 07:33 AM
:brr: :bat: :snowglo: These are so cute.

Obviously, I have nothing to say. DS is having his wisdom teeth out soon. Any experience with that? My pants don't close. Any experience with that? :rofl:

lcp sent me an envelope full of tea packets and a note saying that she hoped a random gift would brighten my day. Sweet. Are the new dollar coins out? Maybe someone will send me an envelope of those.

Bye. Sorry for being So Dull.

Kiwonk
02-24-2007, 01:05 PM
lcp does live up to her name. She's sweet.

I have the cutest socks ever. On my feet. In a minute I will post a peecture of 'em.

We had a fun evening in the big city :rolleyes: in spite of my incredibly sore back. Took the BF with us, picked up DD from the bus, hung out at the mall, ran into BF'sTW, all went out to the Olive Garden. Drove home with velcroed-together kids in the back seat.

Today we are clearing out the junk from the old car that's been sitting in the yard for an age because it's being towed off along with the broken truck. Say goodbye to my lovely SAAB (which died but we couldn't bring ourselves to bury it until now)

Kiwi

Cherry Cow
02-24-2007, 04:00 PM
Cherry, thanks for friending me! I also joined my first group. How do people find groups they want to join? I tried the search, but it came up with sooooo many stupid sounding groups, I didn't bother. Facebook is really pretty fascinating -- I've been on so many different services and sites for connecting with people, but this is the only one with so many features and good ways of using it, and such a wide appeal.

I sometimes will do a search for a group, but usually, I find them by looking at my friends' groups or the "other groups like this" list in the groups.

---i agree about facebook kiwonk--i rally like it but i have seen some warnings on some of the kids sites that HORROR OF HORRORS!!! --SOME PARENTS HAVE SET UP ACCOUNTS!!!-- they will probably find somewhere else to go--i love how easy it is to load pics!!----

Yeah, I set mine up last summer when DD first got on, but I didn't use it for anything. Then in the fall I looked at DD's page and saw written on the Wall from one of her friends from H.S. "Your mom has a facebook???????" Like how horrible, he could hardly believe such a thing could happen.

I don't think it bothers DS18 at all that I have Facebook and MySpace accounts. In fact, he started a second MySpace account and then couldn't resist telling me about it. hehe. I think it's a good way to subtly monitor his condition... make sure he's okay, you know?

lcp does live up to her name. She's sweet.

I have the cutest socks ever. On my feet. In a minute I will post a peecture of 'em.

Today we are clearing out the junk from the old car that's been sitting in the yard for an age because it's being towed off along with the broken truck. Say goodbye to my lovely SAAB (which died but we couldn't bring ourselves to bury it until now)

Kiwi

Socks! I'm so jealous!!! And Bye-Bye to the poor old Saab. DH's old Ford Galaxie is still sitting in our garage. I don't know if he just can't bear to part with it or just doesn't want to bother.

Hi to everyone I didn't multi-quote!

Kiwonk
02-24-2007, 06:47 PM
I totally agree with you, Cherry. I would hope that as people in general get comfortable with the internet it becomes commonplace for kids to not think it's wierd that their parents are on it too. It's much healthier if they don't think they're hiding their online personas from their parents.

Here's some more peectures, including my cool sox (http://tufts.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2035093&l=0b875&id=1711808).

PainterWoman
02-24-2007, 11:41 PM
Greetings all.
It was warm, windy and DUSTY here today. We lost several fence panels and a couple of fence posts. Hmmm. Always something. The sky was orange for a while. (photo below)

I found a couple of reasonable Mother of the Groom Dresses. (See below) They aren't great, but the two of them together were less than 1/3 of a custom made one from a dress maker. I was grateful to find something that i could get on that wasn't a tent, and doesn't feel like it might cut off circulation any place important. There's a slim chance I might reduce my belly enough to only look 5 months pregnant, rather than 10. Please light a candle for me and cross your fingers.I'll probably wear the white sparkly jacket with a camisole and pants for the rehearsal... and the burgundy/plum one for the wedding.

Baggz: I hadn't thought of New Brunswick… but I like the low effort attitude! And paying someone else to do work is a concept I understand. Anyhow, I don't want to die "unexpectedly." I'd like it to be calm and gradual. Preferably peaceful and pain free. NOT in a snowbank.

Cowper: Interesting update on Chuch Palahniuk. I just liked the quote-- partly because of the ambiguity (or honesty). There seem to be lots of people who treat hearts like pinatas, but won't admid it. Shock and adolescents seem to go together, don't you think?
What do you think about this year's Newbery winner? All these people up in arms because it has the word scr*tum in it….? Of course a controversial book gets way more readers… sort of like Judy Blum… I hope the kids like it.

Kiwi: I think the heart/pinata connection is edgy. But so is ice fishing at night. I don't like fish that much. But if it meant I could have French Silk Pie afterwards… that'd be different. It's hard to imagine snow being so heavy you can't move your car. Yikes. Now I have to go look and see how much a cubic foot of snow weights. Hmm. I am impressed with your snowshoeing adventures. I'd still be out their, with a frozen *ss. (Can you say that here?)
My kids and I all have blogs… and we know we read each other's. I don't leave comments that much, but sometimes we back-channel email. Sometimes I forget who could read mine. DD and I have a mutual blogger friend who listed her most embarrasing/weird moments. DD commented to her that she could never say anything like that because I read her blog. But the mutual friend says HER mom reads hers... so maybe it is more a matter of the age/maturity of the daughters and moms… It is really nice when there are friendly responses. Maybe it helps that my "kids" are 25 and 28. I'd probably have to keep a bigger distance if they were 14… but I'd want to be ABLE to read them… and what others were posting. There really DO seem to be plenty of creeps on line….
My favorite thing for soreness is Tiger Balm. Makes you HOT. (Assuming you don't have hotflashes that are doing the trick.

Sug… thanks for the multi-quote hint. I didn't know about the quote button. For now, I am mighty pleased to have two windows open adjacent each other… then it is ONE big cut and paste… and sometimes the addition of smilies…. It's good. (Besides, I'm sort of a compulsive editor.)
I agree with your grandmother about jasmine tea! Now red zinger is a whole different thing.

Cherry! You're here! Are you in Columbia? DH talked about the authorities using soot when he was at Kstate. It went from 70 to 50 here today… and the temperature change brought half of Lubbock's dust with it. Ick.

Stay warm, and happy Oscars. I'm going to be so jealous of those great bodies... and their proximity to others.

Kiwonk
02-25-2007, 04:59 PM
I love that jacket; that's going to be a very smart outfit. I can't tell really what the dress looks like, but the detail is really pretty. Isn't it nice to have that sort of thing decided? I hate trying to figure out what to wear to things. I swear every time I get something new for a special occasion, I look at it later and hate it so much I want to go back and erase myself from the occasion somehow. I need my own personal shopper.

I am soaked from my calves to my ankles. It's not especially comfortable. Iwent snowshoeing again with the pupster. This time in my own woods, where DH and I broke trail last weekend. It's a lot easier when you have already been through one time, let me tell you! Jet broke some new trail for me too, for about 50 feet until she just could barely go any further. Not that she seemed tired at all, but she was getting so bogged down in the snow, she had a hard time turning herself around and coming back.

Last chance for a broken but cute 1986 burgundy Saab! She's going to the junk man in about 24 hours.

Kiwi

PainterWoman
02-26-2007, 02:14 AM
Kiwi -- Exactly right about the dress… It's kind of straight up and down… V neck, handkerchief hem with a couple of layers at the bottom. "Floaty." No sleeves, hence the necessity for the wrap… Maybe I'll go to Sam Moon's and get HUMOUNGOUS faux chandelier earrings or something. Your snowshoeing and dog story reminds me that DH and I watched something on PBS about wolves hunting buffalo near the Great Lakes somewhere. Apparently wolves are one of the few animals that know how to walk on the crust of the snow without falling through… (And their feet aren't all big and splayed like camels' or anything… It was amusing to watch when they did sometimes break fhrough. Our cat went crazy when she heard the wolves' howling.)

Not too much going on otherwise. Will try to keep up.
Are you all in agreement with The Academy and the Oscars? What was the matter with Phillip Seymour Hoffman? No other big controversies that I noticed!

Wabby
02-26-2007, 11:14 AM
Has everyone seen all the movies that were oscar nominated? I've seen Little Miss Sunshine (loved it), The Departed (too violent, but good), and Dreamgirls (loved it). I need to see The Queen and Last King of Scotland. Everyone needs to go see The Painted Veil - best movie I've seen in a long time. Beautiful photography, loved the actors, loved the story. Go see it.

Painty, I love both your outfits. How long did it take to find 2 such stylish getups? You should be a personal shopper. I need a personal shopper. I don't have the patience to have style.

I'm trying to keep up with youz cows, but having a hard time of it.

PainterWoman
02-26-2007, 02:15 PM
Wabbs: the shopping was fast because they only had about 6 outfits in my size and 4 were completely the wrong color. I bought things I cold get on. Haven't seen ANY of the movies. Maybe will get some on DVD and get on stationery bike or attempt some Yoga poses..... Couldn't hurt.

Kiwonk
02-26-2007, 02:57 PM
Howdeeeeeee. I have dropped my DH off at the airport, returned all the pants he bought on Friday :rolleyes:, purchased mass quantities of posterboard, and had my eyes checked. Oh and dragged the garbage can back down the driveway. I am a single woman for 2 weeks. What trouble should I get into?

I haven't seen any of the Oscar movies. Except for The Devil Wears Prada -- we watched that this past weekend with the kids, that had some nominations, didn't it? I have the telecast on record from last night, and I haven't watched it yet.

Can you all see my avatar picture? On my screen it doesn't show up, just a link to my profile. I liked seeing my avatar. :bb:

Kiwi

Bagzz
02-26-2007, 04:56 PM
I CAN SEE YOUR AVATARRRR!!--- hey painty--i love the outfit----i love that lacy look----and chandelier earrings would be swanky !!!! cool!!---lol about not expiring with a shovel in your hand in a snowbank!!!!!----i am watching oprah's after oscar show---it's better that the oscars!!!

Cowpernia
02-26-2007, 06:49 PM
I want to hear more about the Departed. I watched it and just got confused. That guy in the little shoe covers at the end .. did everybody forget about him or not know about him or what? I like Jack Nicholson a lot as no one else does that creepy unsexy stuff like him. I also LOVED Little Miss Sunshine because of the ending. Haven't see the others except the boring Devil Prada one.

Did Kiwidh take the car away? Where'd he go? Did he have to take it to the land of its birth for burial? Sweden, I think. Cold there, too.

Cherry Cow
02-26-2007, 08:53 PM
I LOVED Little Miss Sunshine! Can you believe I still don't know who won the Oscar?

Kiwonk
02-26-2007, 09:20 PM
Did Kiwidh take the car away? Where'd he go? Did he have to take it to the land of its birth for burial? Sweden, I think. Cold there, too.Yep, it's a long way, so he'll be gone for a while.... :lol: Okay, really, he's going to Chicago for this legal hearing on a case he's been involved with regarding the company he used to work for. The hope is that they will settle and we'll get some money out of them (also dozens of other former employees from around here will get a piece of the pie as well). Then he is rewarding himself with a 2 week vacation in Florida. Sounds a lot more extravagant than it is -- the court case pays his flight to Chicago, and it only cost him $100 to add a flight to Florida onto that, believe it or not. And he's staying on the sailboat of our gadabout sailing friends who are docked in a marina down there for the winter. I actually think we might save money in the next 2 weeks. Well, unless I decide to do something a little wild myself...

Trouble is, I haven't heard from DH and from what I heard on the radio, his flights might have been delayed or cancelled. He doesn't seem to have turned on his cellphone.

Oh well, NMP, as they say. But I do hope he gets to his hotel room soon -- he's staying at the Hilton. La dee dah.

Kiwi

Bagzz
02-27-2007, 08:25 AM
WHAT DOES NMP MEAN?---stepdd19 got stranded on her way back to nova scotia---the st louis flight was delayed and she ended up in nyc instead of toronto--she had to stay over night and she said that all she heard all night long {in new york,go figure} was sirens!!! she was all alone and totally creeped out----also,i saw on the news all these people sleeping on cots at o'hare airport!!he should call you of course!!!MEN!!!--- OKAY,SOMOEONE START A NEW THREAD---THIS PAGE ELEVEN CRAP IS GETTING TIRESOME!!