Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 10:57 AM   #1  

Default New here and would like some encouragement!

Hi, all!

This is my first post here and I'm looking for encouragement -- I've tried and tried and haven't been able to stick to anything. I signed up for weight watchers on line and this is my first post here. I'd love to hear any and all success stories -- how did you do it and how are you keeping it off? thanks!
Old 01-17-2007, 11:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Beth - I'm having issues again today getting to this site. I think it has to do with some of the advertising. Not ignoring your post, just struggling to get through.

There several different types of WWers here. Meetings; at work; online; or winging it on their own. None of them is the "correct" way to go about this. If you are able to read this month's WW Magazine, the success stories in there cover the gamut of these different types. People lose on all aspects of WW.

Personally, I've done WW off and on for well over 15 years. I've had some good losses and some not so good losses. The one common thread on why I wasn't successful to goal was that I did not adopt the WW healthy lifestyle which is the reason why you stay at goal. You can never go back to eating 1/2 lb of mac and cheese with garlic bread again and expect to maintain your weight loss. This time I'm in it to reach goal. I'm a 48 year old mother of 3 almost grown children. I've spent over 26 years of my life putting their needs first instead of my own. After some health issues where I had a HUGE life scare last year, I took a good hard look at my life and determined that it is time for me. No longer can I put others first. I need to do this for me. And here I am. I've lost just over 17 lbs and I'm proud. I lose weight slowly - always have. I have many more pounds to go but I do not focus on that large figure. I take it day by day. I forgive my transgressions, try to learn why I did what I did and go forward. Positive talk - stop the negative talk.

Go through some of the success stories on this site. Look at a lot of the posts here in WW. There's plenty of incentive and positives. Reach inside and assess why you are here. Only you can do this because you want to.

Best of luck!!! Find a thread you like and join in. No one bites and I have found this to be my mini-meeting of the day
Old 01-17-2007, 12:05 PM   #3  

Hi Beth!

I did WW a few years ago, and like Rosegarden mentioned, I didn't stick with it. I went back to my old ways.

I signed up online again 2 weeks ago. Lost 8lbs so far. There are A LOT of great success stories here. One of my favorite boards is the Goals board where people have posted pictures -- not all of them are WW followers, but it gives me hope. I know in order for ME to get to where a lot of those folks are, it's gonna take committment to change my ENTIRE life forever and not just for a few weeks or a few months.

I came across a site called dontweightaround.com -- It's a couple who did WW and it shows their progress and success. It's great for motivation.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:07 PM   #4  

Thanks!! I appreciate the respones -- off to look around some more.

I'm going to be doing it online, I think. Between work, girl scouts, dd's dance, etc...meetings just won't work for me.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:22 PM   #5  

Height: 5'3

I've been on WW for more than 10 months now and I love it. Unlike other diets I have tried I have indeed stuck with this for the last 10 months staying OP. I do WW Online...I've lost almost 40 lbs. already so I think the program really does work if you stay with it!
Old 01-17-2007, 10:02 PM   #6  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

This program is definitely a winner. I've been on plan 5 months and 1 week, and am down 58 pounds. You can absolutely do this! Your mind needs to be in the right spot, and you need to remember this is it, this is your way of life, not a diet, and you'll do fine! Also remember that a diet is something that is temporary, I'll diet and lose 50 pounds then all will be fine. WRONG! I'll change the way food factors into my lifestyle, I'll lose 50 pounds, and I'll continue on a healthy path! That's what you need to do, and you CAN DO IT!!
Closed Thread