Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies, #10

View Full Version : Home of the Loozing Floozies, #10

4myloves
01-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Here at McSkinneys, our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches. We must keep those Loozing Floozies losing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies. Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas. We would love to have you!!!

alinnell
01-16-2007, 04:57 PM
I'm not ready to throw in the towel, but come on! Two weeks of being so very, very good with no weight change to show for it!!! Aargh.

Sherry
01-16-2007, 06:17 PM
Janice :cp:WTG!!!! :cp: 2 more lbs. gone forever!!

Gayle...How did today go?

ShelleyM
01-17-2007, 05:43 AM
WTG, Janice!! Keep up the good work!!

Sherry-You WILL be down by your anniversary!!

Allison-Thank you so much for taking the time to type everything up. I am going to study it, but like everyone says, it sounds like what we have been doing for years, other than the stop eating at a certain time.

Gayle-I have read about some people start their points at night and reverse the day. I truly believe it would work, I just don't think I can do it!

Cheryl-Thanks, as always, for starting a new thread!

Okay, I want to know who is always on track??? I am the same old, same old, and I do mean OLD!!

4myloves
01-17-2007, 09:05 AM
Yea Janice!!!!

Shelley, you know you're always welcome, sweetie!! If you want to know who voted a certain way, just click on the number of votes. I made it an "open" poll so we could see who voted what. I usually do that :)

Sherry, I am so PROUD of you for hanging in with us! I sure missed you while you were gone :hug:

Allison, I know how that feels. I've been dieting and going to the gym since the beginning of January and I've only lost 4 pounds :( I think I've made my body get used to a new "comfort zone" because I've been losing and gaining (basically maintaining) the same 10 pounds for the past 6 months or so. I feel if I could ever get below this 1st 10 pound mark I'd lose quickly.

alinnell
01-17-2007, 01:13 PM
Good morning, Floozies!

I was right back on my Nordic Track this morning....just like every other day (except my day of rest--Saturday!). I think I might finally be down half a pound. We'll wait to see if it stays away this time. Last weekend, I thought I was down 1 pound, but it seems that it was simply due to sleeping in and weighing in later than usual.

Didn't do a great dinner last night--DS practically begged me to buy Chicken Alfredo at Costco while we were shopping. I knew I wanted to buy dinner there, so I caved. It was super good, and I had seconds, but overall my calories were not out of line for the day.

Shelley--no problem typing all that up. Let me know if you have any specific questions as I can always look it up for you.

Cheryl--what do you mean ONLY 4 POUNDS?!?!? That is a great accomplishment in only 2 weeks! Just think, if you keep at it, you'll double that in no time! I remember when I started this lifestyle change last January. I had it in my head that I couldn't really consider that I was succeeding until I had lost 18 pounds. Why 18? Because the time I had lost weight before, no one noticed my loss until I had lost 18 pounds. Weird, I know. But I lost 12-15 pretty quickly and then stalled. That's when I found 3FCs. I think I was stalled for about 3 or 4 weeks, but after getting so much good advice and encouragement here, I went on to lose those few more to reach that 18 pound mark. From there, I lost more until last summer when I maintained for most of the summer. I lost again this fall, only to gain it back over the holidays.

Gayle--how's business?

ShelleyM
01-17-2007, 05:16 PM
Check out the exercise thread!!:carrot: The ladies are kicking booty this month!! I'm so proud of everyone!!:bravo: :dance:

gdeann
01-17-2007, 09:42 PM
Like my new avatar? Found the pic and thought it was cute, plus it resembles how I look after pigging out. LOL!

I will post more Friday night or Saturday. Trying to open a business in one week is nerve-wracking to say the least! The meet & greet went well other then I had a few of them almost have a heart attack because my prices are higher then the past operator. :-) I bet they adjust though.

ShelleyM
01-18-2007, 05:15 AM
Gayle-Of course they will adjust! Make sure you have your CPR up to date:)

alinnell
01-18-2007, 10:01 AM
Gayle-Of course they will adjust! Make sure you have your CPR up to date:)

You make me laugh! But I guess it is something that needs to be considered. My MIL ran a retirement home for over 20 years. Boy the stories she could tell!

I ate very, very well yesterday (except for my grapefruit margarita! :o ) No change in weight since yesterday, but if it remains the same tomorrow, I will consider it a real half-pound loss for the month. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Gayle~don't let the stress get to you (i.e. don't pig out!). I'm sure the residents won't mind the increase in price because I'm sure you'll be delivering a better "do!"

Everyone have a great day! I've been really busy at work (for a change) and am working on a project that has kept me away from the boards for a couple of days. I should finish today, though.

ShelleyM
01-19-2007, 05:30 AM
Bad day for me yesterday. Mike made french onion soup and mushroom quiche for dinner. Tons of regular cheese, and I ate every bit. I have 1 good week, then a bad week. I really need to get in control again. Okay, I'm done venting!

4myloves
01-19-2007, 09:56 AM
Shelley, yummmmmm....... I love any kind of quiche!!!! I would have been SO BAD, too! You'll get back into the groove, though!

Allison, grapefruit margarita? I've never heard of such a thing. Probably good for me that I haven't :devil:

Gayle, hope things pick up!! I miss you!

Hello to everyone else--get back to posting!!!!! Don't y'all know that y'all's posts are what make my days better?

alinnell
01-19-2007, 10:04 AM
I ran out of salad fixin's yesterday, so DH and I just had to go out for lunch. I chose ravioli pomodoro. It was delish!!! Four medium sized cheese ravioli with this really creamy sauce (so it was a pretty small helping) but I soaked up all the extra sauce with kalamata olive bread. Had not 1 but 2 glasses of wine, too. Oops. But I knew that I wasn't getting dinner, so I figured I could do it calorie-wise. So this morning, the scale is down, but I'm sure that is due to missing dinner. (I did have a late snack of ff yogurt just before my regular dinner time.) So, Shelley, we aren't all angels!!!

Grapefruit margarita~it was good. Here's the recipe:

Ruby Red Grapefruit Margarita

Total time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4

Wedge of lime
2 teaspoons coarse margarita salt
14 ounces ruby red grapefruit juice, with pulp (about 3 medium grapefruits)
1 ounce lime juice
5 ounces reposado tequila
2 ounces triple sec
4 slices grapefruit or twists

1. Run a lime wedge halfway around the rims of four margarita glasses and dip into salt. Set aside.
2. Combine 7 ounces grapefruit juice, one-half ounce lime juice, 2 1/2 ounces tequila and 1 ounce triple sec in a cocktail shaker. Shake over ice until chilled. Strain into two ice-filled, salt-rimmed margarita glasses.
3. Garnish with a twist or slice of grapefruit. Repeat to make two more cocktails.

Each serving: 174 calories; 1 gram protein; 17 grams carbohydrates; 0 fiber; 0 fat; 0 cholesterol; 2 1/2 mg. sodium.

I have a grapefruit tree, and have grapefruit coming out of my ears, so this was a nice change of pace to simply eating one or juicing it.

Everyone have a great day!

4myloves
01-19-2007, 11:17 AM
I just got flowers from my mil and fil for my birthday!!

The flowers are late because my fil thought my b-day was the same day as his!

They're so pretty and SO unexpected!!! :dizzy: :dizzy:

Deelite
01-19-2007, 01:44 PM
Cheryl what a nice surprise. You deserve them.
Wow four pounds down. That is awesome, never mind just four pounds.

Allison what a luck girl you are to have a grapefruit tree in your back yard. I have a pathetic looking one in a pot that my mom started from seed. It stands about two and a half feet tall. I was just rubbing the leaves to release the scent.
Keep on trying the pounds will come off. I am having a tough time with it too. I thought that I should be down a couple of pounds and the scale just doesn't want to budge.

Sherry how are you doing? Is the scale going in the right direction this week? You have a pretty high goal, I hope that you make it.

Gayle I am glad that the meet and greet went well. At their age it won't take them long to forget what the prices were last month.....lol You will be worth every penny.
I love your little poochie....he is so cute.

Shelley you are lucky that Mike cooks for you. It isn't so much what you eat but how much you eat.
How is the foot doing?
Larry thinks that I am exercising to much, I don't. I exercise more than the average person because the average person does zip.

My doctor sent me for a EKG today. Last week since the anestetic my heart has been having an irregular heart beat. He thinks that I am having atriel fib. Nothing showed up this morning but it is a hard thing to catch unless you have a monitor on all day. I still am waiting for my cardiologist appointment. Hopefully today they will call me back with an appointment. I don't if I go before I leave for Mexico.

I got my new pearl crown yesterday. It feels and looks so much better. I am glad that that is over with.

We celebrated Ashley's 21 birthday yesterday. All of her gifts were wrapped in pink, red and white tissue with lots of ribbon. She said that it looked like it was for a Princess. I told well now that she is marrying Jay she is his Princess. lol He is the one that started saying that I did nothing around here and that I acted like a Princess. The name stuck, which I am sure he wasn't happy about at the time. Anyways we had a lovely evening with the kids.

This morning I went out for a walk with one of my walking friends that have left me to work. It was nice because we only get together every couple of weeks. It sure was cold. I am still waiting to warm up.

Larry will be busy this weekend mudding up the drywall he put up last week. I sure hope it is primed before we leave. I have to pick the comforter before we paint. We will still have trim to make and two windows to install. Slowly it gets there.

Time to fetch a pail of water. No I mean a glass, ladies don't forget to drink your water. And by the way those cayanne pills really do warm you up.

ShelleyM
01-20-2007, 07:20 AM
Want some harsh reality? Our home/auto insurance went up to $13,000.00 for the year! We are scrambling to find insurance. If any of you know a company to check with, let me know.

Dee-Okay, is it your princess crown or a crown in your mouth? I'm confused! Thanks for the water reminder. That's a big downfall of mine.

Cheryl-How nice of MIL and FIL! Are they nice all the time? If so, you are lucky!!

gdeann
01-20-2007, 03:12 PM
Shelley, check out the avatar. This is the pic of the cow we tried sending you. Look for the dark spot, this is his nose then just to the side of it you can see part of an ear tag. We are having another winter storm blow through this weekend dumping snow instead of the ice. $13,000 for home insurance? YIKES! I thought a $1,000 a year was bad for ours. Is it because of the hurricanes? What will you guys do? I know we couldn't afford over $1,000 a month for insurance. I'm boo-hooing now because Allies teeth are $120 and her meds are $115 a month our cost.

My first day at the salon was a huge success! I was really nervous, but everything came back to me almost instantly. I need to just get more comfortable with the equipment setup and build my speed up. I have SEVERAL that will come in once a week for shampoo/sets and manicures plus the usual perms/haircuts every 4-12 weeks. I may need to give one day up at the liquor store and add an extra day to the salon. I'll try it for a month or so and see where I'm at. Do any of you use Quicken or Quick books Pro? We purchased Quicken, but not really impressed with it.

Cheryl, how sweet of MIL & FIL!

ShelleyM
01-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Gayle-That's awesome! Hey, now I see the cow. Was it living?

gdeann
01-20-2007, 03:46 PM
YEP! The poor little guy was standing and just froze up with ice. He thawed out just in time for round 2 of the storms. Cattle don't seem to mind the storms as much as we humans do. I hope you work things out with insurance. Do you think you can get cheaper elsewhere?

alinnell
01-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Gayle~congrats on a good first day at work! And poor little cow.....

Shelley~that is way too expensive! And I thought the extra $1900 for DD's car insurance was a bit steep. I don't know how they can expect people to pay that much! I think we pay about $2500 for homeowners insurance plus another couple of hundred on our earthquake ins policy.

I just spent 7 1/2 hours at our annual charity garage sale. Wow. We were busy! I'm hoping we made between $1200-$1500 for scholarships. We had tons of leftover stuff, but we donated it to one of our philanthropies that runs thrift shops around town. I'm tired and I didn't get anything to eat but half a banana all day. So what do I do? I bought a bunch of leftover bake sale items (to send with DS on his sleepover tonight) but I come home and eat two brownies!

Have a great Saturday night. I'm going to make some Santa Fe Chicken soup (found the recipe somewhere here yesterday).

Lynneye
01-20-2007, 06:56 PM
Made a great dinner tonight. Eggplant dish that I doctored up a bit. It is from WW. Just slice eggplant into one inch circles and then broil on both sides for about 4 minutes a side. Then put in a baking pan, bake with spag. sauce and any spices you want. I added some fresh spinach, left over chicken I cut in cubes and FF mozerella cheese. Then just bake for about 1/2 hour till warmed through. It was yummy and so quick and easy.

Sounds like a great first day for you Gayle! That poor cow looks like a sheep that really needs to be sheared!! Poor thing!! I am shivering just looking at it!

Shelley, I think you can do better on insurance. I would look on line and make a few calls. That seems way to high!

Allison, I love garage sales and thrift shops!

Where is everyone else? Things are so quiet here!

Sherry
01-20-2007, 11:15 PM
Hello all :wave:

I haven't felt good today so I've been laying around.Nothing really hurts..just very ugh..

Gayle...Poor cow!! Oh my! I'm glad you are getting your new place up & running!! :) How's Allison? I bet she's so big now!

Shelley.....That is soooooooo high for insurance! Were you able to check around for a cheaper plan? Did Mike find a job?

Dee...I bet you DO have a princess crown!! :) When do you go to Mexico?

Allsion...I love yard sales,Goodwill, etc. That was great money!! Is the Santa Fe Chicken soup WW friendly? If so, I would love the recipe.

Cheryl...Congrats on getting the flowers! You sure do deserve them!! :D

Later All :wave:

ShelleyM
01-21-2007, 07:12 AM
Sherry-Feel better! No, Mike hasn't found a job yet, other than calling around about insurance. I am trying to stay positive about everything. I have upped my Prozac, I guess that's why I'm okay right now. He has been doing some a/c work and making a bit of $$ with odd jobs.

Allison-Wow! That's a lot of money you made for the scholorships. That's great!

Debi-That dish sound delish. I wonder if it could be made in the crockpot?

Getting ready to go out for a 20 mile bike ride. Have a great Sunday!

Lynneye
01-21-2007, 09:01 AM
Shelley, I have never put eggplant in a crockpot, but why not? It actually only takes about 1/2 hour to make anyway, so it is fast and easy. We had it with couscous.

Sherry, hope you are feeling better today. I have had days like that too! Just blah!

Today is my last day before the semester starts so doing a few errands and getting ready. This semester is an easier one, as we get a day off every month. In the fall, we go from Labor Day straight through to Thanksgiving with no break and everyone gets so tired and cranky!

Sherry
01-21-2007, 12:57 PM
Hello :wave:

Just back from the store. I bought a box of Kashi to add to my yogurt or just to snack on.

The trackers doesn't show the .8 (or whatever we lose) so you just have to round it off. Does anyone know what I mean???

Ex:
1/7/07: 215.8
1/14/07: 212.6
Today: 210.0

So instead of loosing 5 lbs. as it shows, I have really lost 5.8 lbs.

Today down 2.6!!!!!!!! :cp:

alinnell
01-21-2007, 01:22 PM
Wow, the Santa Fe Chicken Soup was wonderful! It's almost like a chili because of the beans. I'll definately make it again. Here is the recipe:

1/2 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1/4 cup diced onions
1/4 cup diced orange peppers
2 garlic cloves, minced
15 1/4 oz canned yellow corn, drained
15 oz canned black beans, drained and rinsed
14 1/2 oz canned chicken broth (low sodium)
10 oz Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies (Rotel Brand works great)
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper

Over medium heat, cook chicken, diced onion and minced garlic in non-stick skillet until chicken is lightly browned. In pot, combine chicken with remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes.

I think next time I'll add some tomato sauce to thicken it up a bit. I changed the recipe just a bit by adding the peppers. It was really, really good.

Gotta run~time to hit the grocery store!

gdeann
01-21-2007, 05:51 PM
Recipe sounds great Allison! I love dumping soups together and seeing what I get. Everyone here would eat it other then with the beans. I guess I could make it and then just add my serving of beans to my bowl. I might try it this week. Sounds like the Fiesta Chicken Healthy Choice soup I eat.

Sher, GREAT JOB ON THE WEIGHT LOSS! YES! Allison is growing like crazy. In the 2nd grade and a very mature 8 year old. We just had braces fitted the week before Christmas.

Sherry
01-21-2007, 06:06 PM
Gayle...Does she like the braces or do they bother her? Did she get the colored rubber bands? A teacher friend of mine DD just got braces too and they hurt her mouth.

Allison...Thanks for the recipe! Sounds great!!

ShelleyM
01-22-2007, 05:06 AM
WooHoo, Sherry!!! You are doing great! Are you on Flex?

coles
01-22-2007, 09:18 AM
[/URL] Where is Vouge. Haven't heard anything from Her. ARE YOU OKAY AMY??
Gayle - You will do great in your salon - just be patient. Don't undersell yourself because of pressure.
Scale hasn't moved in a week. Getting frustrated.
Suzy - How are you doing staying on track?
Have a good week everyone.[URL="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk042YYCA"]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_165_13.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk042YYCA)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZNxmk042YYCA (http://*********************************************************=ZSzeb098_ZNxmk042YYCA&utm_id=7926)

alinnell
01-22-2007, 10:05 AM
Janice~I'm frustrated, too. I thought I had gotten down half a pound, but this morning it's back with a friend....Looking back at my chart, I have been this weight since Christmas day. It's just not fair.

Sherry~WTG on the weight loss! I'm so jealous! I think that as soon as it warms up here I'll be better. I still crave hot comfort foods when it is cold. If it warms up, I can eat more salads at dinner and that always helps.

Gayle~you had asked about Quicken and Quick books. I use Quicken for my household finances and it works ok for that. For our business, I use Peachtree. I really like it. I know there are other contractors in our area that use Quickbooks, but they are not happy with it (mainly because contractors need to have job costing, and Quickbooks doesn't do jobcosting very efficiently). We actually input everything into Peachtree and then print it all out monthly and deliver it to our CPA. I think I'd be totally lost without a CPA! And we also outsource our payroll (although we could run it through Peachtree if we wanted to).

Deelite
01-22-2007, 02:39 PM
Sherry you are doing a great job. Keep that scale moving down. How are you feeling today?

Allison the soup recipe sounds close to one that I make but I add crab to it. We really like it. I am a big soup eater when it is cold out.

Gayle make sure that you don't over stretch yourself and that your life gets out of control. Take care and enjoy the small stuff.

Janice what's the weather like? It warmed up here over the weekend. It was so cold for a couple of weeks I thought that I was crazy to stay home.
Your right our little Vouge is MIA. We will have to call her back.

Shelley I am glad that you are trying to stay positive. I can't believe the cost of your insurance! Our's is around $2000. I don't know how you can afford it.

Cheryl how are you doing? Are you swamped with work? I hope that you and Steu are doing ok. Sure was nice of the inlaws to send you flowers. Better late than never.

I think I am about ready for a nap. My bed is calling me. I hope that you all have a nice afternoon.

ShelleyM
01-23-2007, 05:48 AM
Janice-Don't give up! The scale and/or inches will move if you stay positive and keep everything in perspective.

Remember the girl next door that is home schooled and very protected (the one who stole some money from me a few years back?) Well, Patty went over there yesterday when her mom wasn't home. Her mom called her and Patty could hear the whole conversation. For some reason, Mom used Patty as a reference, saying that she is never home, so she is sure she sleeps around and has a bad upbringing. Patty is never home because she works and stats for the wrestling team. Can you believe how this incredibly religious and righteous person can be so judgemental? In her mind, we brought our children up wrong because we didn't marry until I was pregnant. Hello? We got married before I even knew I was pregnant. It was a coincidence, no matter what people might think. We will be married 20 years come August. We were together 10 years before that and felt it was time because we wanted to have children. Anyway, I am upset at this "perfect person". Plus, my DD had her feelings hurt, which really hurts me.

coles
01-23-2007, 07:22 AM
Shelley - Don't let such a nasty person get to you. What a WITCH!
You know the truth. It must make you want to confront her though. I feel sorry for her daughter.
Dee - It has been deep freeze here for about a week. Not quite so cold today -14 still cold enough though.

SuzyMc
01-23-2007, 03:34 PM
Boy, someone needs to duct tape my mouth shut and beat me with my Dr. Phil Diet book! I have been doing nothing but eating lately. I know the scales are up and if I don't do something soon I'm going to be wearing nothing but stretch pants! I'm trying, but I don't know what it's going to take to get myself back on track. :(

alinnell
01-23-2007, 04:15 PM
Boy, someone needs to duct tape my mouth shut and beat me with my Dr. Phil Diet book! I have been doing nothing but eating lately. I know the scales are up and if I don't do something soon I'm going to be wearing nothing but stretch pants! I'm trying, but I don't know what it's going to take to get myself back on track. :(

I advise against taping your mouth shut~you still need to drink your water!!!

I don't know what my trouble is either. I don't think I'm over eating. I'm logging everything into fitday and I'm coming in at about 1400 calories a day and not too high in fat. I'm exercising more than I was. And the scale isn't budging.

So we're in the same boat. We're trying, but it's not working. It is this type of thing that makes me wish for the magic pill that really works!

gdeann
01-23-2007, 04:53 PM
Shelley, I always feel that people who judge or make cruel comments are either jealous or so unhappy with their own life to the point it makes them feel better. What should it matter what you did several years ago? You have raised two fantastic daughters with high morals, that speaks wonders in todays world. I would blow off the mom to just knowing how she is, but I can understand Patty being upset, the comment was uncalled for. Hugs to Patty from Auntie Gayle and tell her some people never do grow up with their behavior and comments.

Suzy, I haven't been staying OP either, too many things going on. I do know you have did and awesome job up to this point! I think the last 10 pounds are the hardest to lose. YOU WILL GET THERE!

Allison, could you be building muscle and that is why your not seeing a weight loss? Thanks for the Quicken info.

Dee, how is our Princess snow bunny? Cold there? I will send you some of our snow if you run low. LOL!

Janice, how is WW's going?

Sher, Allison really likes her braces after the first week or so other then she can't have her one favorite food...BEEF JERKY! She has informed me that just as soon as she loses the braces her first stop will be for jerky. I hate to break it to her it will be several years before the braces come off. :-) Yes, she picked purple (her fav color) and blue this time. They still need to do her top/bottom sides which we will do in Feb. She can't have the med to relax her before and she has a strong gag reflex so they opted to do the braces in thirds compared to all in one shot.

Well gotta go! The salon is going great (more business then I can handle at this point) yesterday was challenging...almost all my clients had a form of dementia. I hope I can adjust and get a decent schedule going in the next few weeks.

ShelleyM
01-24-2007, 05:56 AM
Gayle-You sound so up right now. I am so happy for you!!

Suzy-I can sympathize with you. I am having problems also.

Allison-I ended up ordering the Bob Greene book to add to my collection. I am also thinking about You on a Diet. I just like to collect diet books.

4myloves
01-24-2007, 09:11 AM
Shelley, she sounds like a fidiot. Don't let her get to you!!

Gayle, at least if you do a bad job they won't remember it very long.

Y'all, I feel so bad!! I gained 6.5 pounds at my weigh-in this week--in THREE days!!!!! The thing is, today is Wednesday and I haven't "used the bathroom" since SATURDAY!! I feel SO bad! Hope that's not TMI. I just feel so bloated and like I need to GO!

Hope you all are doing better!

gdeann
01-24-2007, 09:25 AM
Cheryl, eat you a bowl of fiber cereal or have some saurkraut, I can guarantee you'll be sprinting to the bathroom! LOL! I'll say a special "potty prayer" for you today, hoping things come out ok... LOL! YOU GOTTA LOVE ME!!! :-}

4myloves
01-24-2007, 09:35 AM
Thanks Gayle! I knew I could count on you!

alinnell
01-24-2007, 11:11 AM
Gayle~saurkraut? Never heard of that one! and
hoping things come out ok
that's just too funny!

I'm in a funk today. I didn't get up and exercise as is my usual routine. I woke up at 3AM and just thought up excuses as to why I should/should not get up and exercise. If I get out of my funk, perhaps I'll make it up tonight.

gdeann
01-24-2007, 04:57 PM
It's a joke with Steve & I, one time right after we started dieting, I prepared saurkraut along with some potatoes and we had this for a meal. Shortly after the meal, we both headed off to a restroom. It must of been the fiber from the saurkraut. Hopefully Cheryl won't need to go the saurkraut method, I'm sure my "potty prayer" worked.

Allison, waking up at 3:00 A.M? I could never do that. I think I'm in bad shape getting up at 6:00 A.M.

alinnell
01-24-2007, 05:13 PM
Allison, waking up at 3:00 A.M? I could never do that. I think I'm in bad shape getting up at 6:00 A.M.

I usually get out of bed at 4:40 to do my exercising. I used to get up that early when I had to take Dana to school, so I just keep it at the same time. But for whatever reason, I usually wake up an hour or more before that and I have a hard time getting back to sleep. I don't actually get out of bed, though!

SuzyMc
01-24-2007, 07:49 PM
Cheryl ~ You really must feel horrible! What have you or haven't you been eating? Are you drinking your water? Have you been exercising enough? I'll add an "amen" to Gayle's potty prayer...

Allison ~ I wake up in the middle of the night like that quite often too. It's so frustrating! Hopefully you will get a full night of sleep tonight!

Shelley ~ I've been thinking about the You on a Diet book too. I looked at it the other day when I was at the book store, but I talked myself out of it by saying that I know what I need to do...I just NEED to do it!

Gayle ~ Ah...we can always count on you for our daily dose of "potty" humor! :lol:

Deelite
01-24-2007, 09:55 PM
Shelley I agree with Gayle once again. I think that your neighbor must have low self esteem or be jealous of you. Poor Patty took the brunt of it. Your a great mom and that is all that counts. It doesn't matter what your neighbor says she isn't even a friend of yours.
Remember that you are on maintainace. We go up a bit and down and that is just life. We just have to catch it before it goes up to high though.

Gayle you can keep your snow. We have plenty and I don't want to see another inch. It has actually warmed up a bit now.
I am sure that you will need to go through some growing pains with your new business adventure. You will do fine just don't burn yourself out.
Even though you are busy remember to drink your water and you can buy a bagged salad for lunch and add some boiled egg or sandwich meat to it. I know you can do it. I remember when you use to count your sunflower seeds with your tomato juice for snack. Time to get rid of the cow. It is giving you subliminal messages. lol
How are your neighbors doing?

Janice did you get your daughter started on the cayenne pepper? I swear by it for warming me up. Just remind her to take it with a meal and a full glass of water.
It has been quite balmy here but I am ready to fly out of here.

Suzy why do you think that you are over eatting? Face what is going on in your life. Start journaling again. Do you have a before and after pic? If you do post them somewhere that you can see them. Don't give up. Like I said to Shelley on maintainace you go up and down but you have to catch yourself before you goup to much. I am at my top end of my personal goal but I am 5 pounds below ww's goal. I have to go down a couple of pounds so that I have some leeway for the holidays. I did drop a pound since my december weigh in. I am really going to give it all I have til I leave on vacation. I am hoping that jogging on the beach will keep my weight down.
I am glad that Allison doesn't mind her braces. They are soo in.

Allison I can't imagine getting up that early to exercise. I set my clock for 8:00 so that I can get to the gym by 9:00. I give you credit. Now after I said that tomorrow you gotta do it!
Maybe you need to shake up your eatting a bit. Try eating a few more calories. Sometimes our body gets use to what we are doing and just won't let those pounds go. Try changing up fyour food choices a bit. If you aren't journaling give that a try.

Cheryl try eating bran buds and drinking more fluids. You need fiber girl! I am sure that you must be uncomfortable. You could also try medimusal sp? It will work gently.

Another trip to the dentist today. At least it was for a cleanning and a fitting for a night appliance. I clench my teeth at night which has been causing pain and tooth fractures, hopefully this will help.
Tomorrow I am going to get my hair cut shoulder length. It is hard to tell how long it is in my pic but it is down to my bra strap in the back. It is just getting to long.
Dez lost her job today. They fired her for stealing. She swears that she didn't take any money from the til and you know what? I believe her. She suspects one of her managers stealing from her til. He has had a beef with her for awhile. He manages her til when she goes on break. When the upper management called her in today she told them that but they didn't believe her. I told her that when one door closes another one opens so just to have faith. She works at the bar at the beer vendor and the slot machines. It is a low life bar so she really needed to get out of their. I am just worried about her being able to support herself.
Larry is busy working on Dez's bedroom. I really want to call it the guest room if you get what I mean. ;-)
What do you guys thinK? Jay wanted to discuss our family membership at the Y. It is $55 a month. He pays a 1/3 we pay 2/3. Dez started to go with me in oct. She doesn't pay anything. Larry has only gone about 5 times since summer. I am not sure if Jay realizes this. I don't use it much in the summer nor for the 6 weeks that I go away. We could put it on hold while we are gone but Jay uses it so we don't. Anyways the issue is this. Jay doesn't like having to owe us $$$ every month. So he said that it is a family give and take situation. He wants us to pay the all of the membership because if Larry and I would have one it would be $55 a month. Dez said that she would pay 1/4 of the membership if that would help this issue. If I canceled the family membership Larry wouldn't get one because it is a waste of money. It would be only me and it would be $25. What do you think that we should do?
I feel that we should still get him to pay but maybe only a 1/4 of the membership even though I don't think that Dez will stick to it much longer. The way I see it, it is costing us almost $230 more a year because I would put it on hold a total of 4 months a year and would only pay $200 a year then. Right now I am paying $430. A 12 month memebership would only cost me $300 so even if I didn't put it on hold it still would be cheaper.
Jay has us by the balls right now because we want him to watch out little Amigo when we go away. Dez wants to watch him but I am not sure if the landlady will let her.
What is your opinion? Just remember what Jay is like. I know he holds a grudge and thinks we are always taking him for a ride which I really think it is the other way around. This year we are paying for the booze at his wedding, plus giving him some extra cash, buying a large silent aution prise for his social, buying shower gifts etc.... Never mind the money we spent on him and Ash for christmas......Time to get off my soap box. Do you think that I am wrong charging him for it or should we just pay for it?

ShelleyM
01-25-2007, 05:42 AM
Dee-I think you should go for the $25.00 per month personal membership for yourself if you are the only one that really uses it. Jay should get his own, and since Larry and Dez don't really use it, the argument for Jay would be over. He would be on his own and perhaps he and his wife will join by themselves after they get married.

Allison-I get up everyday at 4:AM. I wish I had time to workout in the morning, but I spend too much time on the computer before work. Besides, I would be sweaty even after my shower. The weekends are the only time I can get a morning workout. BTW, I used to get up at 3:30 to do weights when I was on Body For Life. Do you girls remember that? I was half asleep doing very heavy weights. I hated it.

Cheryl-I hope you feel better. You may want to try a suppository. I was addicted to them in my bulimic years, but they are get for getting everything flowing.

Lynneye
01-25-2007, 08:40 AM
Allison, I am not a morning person! I admire anyone who can get up and get going. I get up, sit at the computer, do a few things, shower and then I feel alive.

Dee, I agree with Shelley, get the membership for yourself. The other option is getting the family one and then tell Jay and Dez it is a birthday (or whatever holiday)present.

Cheryl, hope you are feeling better! No other comments!

Gayle, any extra snow can be sent here! I really miss it! This year, we have had flurries and nothing else! I want a good storm! It is supposed to be really cold today and tomorrow, so I am hoping after that, maybe we will get something! Good luck with the new business! Just remember to take some time for yourself, so you don't burn out!

Today is my day off and I am spending it doing some laundry and a few other things around the house. A friend gave me five huge garbage bags stuffed with old clothes, she doesn't wear, doesn't fit or whatever. I went though them last night, tried on what I wanted and now washing them and will mark some for hemming and like that. The clothes I don't want are being donated to the local Thrift Store.

alinnell
01-25-2007, 12:20 PM
Okay, gals, it's been 2 days.....that I have failed to get up and exercise. Yikes, I can't believe that I'm giving in, but I just might be....I'll evaluate that later.

I have decided that this weekend, I am going to do a lot of soul searching and investigating (by way of my $100 gift card for Barnes & Noble). I'm going to do something and really change things up for the next couple of weeks to see if I can kick start myself back into losing. I don't know if it will entail a new low-fat or low-calorie cook book or a new diet book. It might be as simple as a really detailed eating plan that I put together for a couple of weeks rather than the fly by the seat of my pants approach that I'm employing now. I simply detest having someone tell ME what to eat, but if I make a 2 week menu plan, I'll stick with it.

Yummy, I made a batch of steel cut oats overnight. I had 1/4 this morning with some raisins and a tablespoon of honey. But here I am 3 hours later and I'm starving! Guess I'll eat that apple I brought.

All your talk of snow! I am so glad I don't have to deal with that any longer! DD has a four day weekend off of school and she and some friends went to Big Bear to go snowboarding today. That is as close as I need to be! Sure, I'd love to take a vacation and go skiing, but it only be enjoyable knowing that I can come home to my desert sunshine!

Everyone have a great day!

SuzyMc
01-25-2007, 03:45 PM
Dee ~ I don't know what my problem is, but the fact that it's winter may have something to do with it and then a little added stress besides that is probably part of the problem. I went through and cleaned out the refrigerator and cupboards again today and once again I'm going to start from scratch and see if I can get my eating under control. Like I said before, I know what I need to do, I just NEED to do it!

I'm sorry to hear of Dez's trouble...I hope she finds a new job soon!

By the way...I agree with everyone else, get the membership for yourself.

Allison ~ It's snowing here today and we have wind chill warning for tomorrow...it's going to feel like it's 20 below!

Debbi ~ How nice that you got all those hand-me-downs! I'm sure it helps with the wardrobe budget...especially while you're losing weight and sizes change so often! Enjoy your day off!

gdeann
01-25-2007, 11:08 PM
I hope everyone is doing great! I have been soooooooo busy, but loving every minute at the shop. My days there have been 8:30-5:00 just trying to catch up since they have went since Christmas time without a stylist. I am enjoying the residents and the staff is very considerate and friendly. I'm really happy with my decision to take over the shop. I am still working at the liquor store 3 days a week. I love retail sales and I like my job, just tired of some of the immature co-workers and their "know it all" attitude. I don't want to rush into quitting the store though until I know how the shop will work out for me.

Dee, I think you should just get your own membership and let Jay wing it. No point in paying for months you won't even be around. I like Debs suggestion too of if you do decide to pay for a family membership, you call it birthday etc. Could Dez stay at your house and watch Amigo?

Deb have fun "shopping" out of the bags! I have a cousin who send clothes to Allison a few times a year. Allison loves sorting & going through all the "new" clothes.

gdeann
01-25-2007, 11:14 PM
Hey Dee, whatcha think....is my gorgeous guy better then the cold cow???
I'm feeling ready for Summer, I'm hot, hot, hot!!! LOL!

Deelite
01-25-2007, 11:41 PM
Man Gayle you got me all excited.....I thought for a moment that we had a new poster boy! He sure does beat the cow.......lol You are so cool Gayle or should I say Hot Hot Hot!

Thanks ladies for your advice. I feel the say way that Jay should pay his own but I just wanted to know if you felt that I was being cheap or selfish. I know that Jay is going to be upset over it and he holds a grudge but what else can I do. He is getting a good deal if we continue paying for part of it like we are or like you all said he can go pay for his own.
Thanks again for the advise. I know that I can always count on you ladies.
Have a good night.

ShelleyM
01-26-2007, 05:34 AM
Gayle-Nice avatar!! Did I tell you we have a couple of seniors from one of the local assisted living homes come in and volunteer every Thursday? One of the kindergarten teacher's mom lives there and she arranged it. Even though 1 of them is very loud, it is so nice to have them come and read with the kids.

Allison-I am reading Bob Green's book now. It's so much like what I do anyway. I only wish I could stop eating 2 hrs before bedtime. I go to bed so early though. I also wake up during the night and have something. Lately it's been 2 sf popscicles to cool me off from the hot flashes. I really need to work on that.