Support Groups - Back In Kindergarten #21

View Full Version : Back In Kindergarten #21

Michelle
01-16-2007, 03:30 PM
"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......":wave: :cheers: :sunny: :cheer: :cofdate:

Last 4 posts:

From Susan:

It is a Winter Wonderland here! Very beautiful watching the snow fall. I made it to work, can't beleive that! I have never driven on snaow before.
Just wanted to take a minute to say hello and share (finally!) some weight loss news. I am down 3 pounds! Yeah!
Take Gaby for her pre op appointment today, poor baby. Chat later!! On the run!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Cristina:

Hello ladies!

SUSAN...will be thinking of you and Miss Gaby. Give her lots of hugs from me! You made me think of the first time I drove in snow. I was 16 and a waitress and had to be up early. I was trying to be quiet because I knew my mother would want to drive me to work because of the snow. Anyway, I left early and was creeping along the street driving like a little old lady (shouldn't say that because I've seen some crazy old lady drivers, lol). This person passed me going way to fast and I though what a dip. When I finally got to work the dip was one of the cooks and he looked at me and laughed. He said, you're the one who was driving so slow like an old lady. Hey, I had never driven in the stuff before and I was being careful, lol. WTG on your loss this week! WOOHOO

JULES...hope all is well with you. Did you go for your massage?

MICHELLE...how is our little Miss Oreo doing? She is sooooo cute!

KATY...hope you are staying warm.

SASSY...I saw that you guys (well the state) was getting some cold and snow, hope you are staying warm too.

SUSAN-NYC...how are you doing?

KATHY...is hubby going on the trip? Hope he gets to go.

Nothing much going on here today. I was up bright and early and already got in a 3 mile walk and feeling good about that. Almost got all my water down as well. And...my laundry is almost done. So really nothing to do today. Going to dust and vacuum once I get off this thing but the rest of the day will be a sort of lazy day.

Hope all is well with you all in your little corner of the world! Lot's of hugs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Scuzin:

Hi!

WTG on those 3 pounds Susan! Still wishing I had a scale...

Had just about the best jog of my life yesterday...and the 2nd best the day before. Makes me sad that I can't go today...tomorrow though...tomorrow...

Life is a bit chaotic at the moment...everything is shifting around at work. My roommate may end up working at the same school (actually I really hope she does so that she can stay in the city...keep her in your thoughts and prayers, she means a lot) and we have a big retreat comming up next week that we have to prepare for, and well, life in a small apartment with 4 other people is, you guessed it, complicated.

Have a good evening, I'll check in tomorrow

From Michelle:

SUSAN...I hope everything goes well with Gaby's pre-opt appointment. Yes, we are certainly in a winter wonderland!! The just announced a few minutes ago on the news that chains are now required in the whole Portland Metro area, so be careful driving today!!!

CRISTINA...Your story is cute. Oreo has so much energy and she is so feisty!! My DD has to put her in her cage for little periods of time just to get a break from her chasing the cats and latching on to her pants, socks and anything she can get her little razor sharp teeth into lol!!

Scuzin
01-16-2007, 03:36 PM
Hi!

WTG on those 3 pounds Susan! Still wishing I had a scale...

How do you all do with water? I know I need much more of it. I get really dehydrated sometimes, but can never manage with a water bottle...I always forget to bring it with me or leave it whereever I go.

Had just about the best jog of my life yesterday...and the 2nd best the day before. Makes me sad that I can't go today...tomorrow though...tomorrow...

Life is a bit chaotic at the moment...everything is shifting around at work. My roommate may end up working at the same school (actually I really hope she does so that she can stay in the city...keep her in your thoughts and prayers, she means a lot) and we have a big retreat comming up next week that we have to prepare for, and well, life in a small apartment with 4 other people is, you guessed it, complicated.

Have a good evening, I'll check in tomorrow

Michelle
01-16-2007, 04:52 PM
SASSY...You are such a sweetheart!!:hug: Thank so much for the cute card with all the hugs! I will pass some of the hugs on to my DD and Oreo. You are just so thoughtful!!:hug: :hug:

Sassy_Chick
01-16-2007, 09:18 PM
Hey all,

Yes we are finally getting snow! It is light and fluffy! lol.

YW Michelle for the card, I hope you all are doing well! :hug:

I'm off to watch some "Girlie" movies as my DH calls them! :rolleyes:

Take care and KEEP WARM! (those who need too!)

:hug:

FrouFrou
01-17-2007, 03:37 PM
Hello ladies...

SusanNYC...keeping you and your friend in my thoughts and prayers. Glad you had a good jog. And...me and water, ugh! I really do hate water but I do drink it. I aim for 64 oz a day and anything over is a bonus. Been doing good so far with it and getting more than the 64 but not much more. I am going to try and double it today, we'll see.

Sassy...yes, thank you for the card. You made me feel special and that was so sweet of you. :hug: :hug: Enjoy that snow and keep it your way, lol!

Michelle...how's little Oreo doing today? And how about yourself? Are you having a good day?

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Good day today as far as water and exercise. Was up bright and early and had my water down at noon. Started the day with a 30 mn. walk and then went to It Figures later so a whole hour of working out and I feel GREAT!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Lot's of hugs :hug: :hug:

luckycharm
01-18-2007, 09:42 AM
Good morning Everyone
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: to Gaby, and to you to Susan. Hope she feels better soon.

Well my DH got to go on his trip. Everything was found Monday morning like I told them would happen so they got to go. He phoned me on the cell phone from Porto Rico to tell me they got there and it was way to hot. I told him I would be an hour late to pick him up seems as he thinks he is suffering.

Well, I slept in so I must get going or I will be late for work, and my coworkers have already been placing bets on how many days I will be late. (Haven't been so far but I really have a hard time in the morning)

Have a great day. Cristina could you bottle your feeling great and send me some?

Scuzin
01-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Afternoon!
WHEW! I'm substituting teaching for the 3rd grade today. Its a workout! But hopefully I will be running today too. It was WAY too cold yesterday. Its been hard to hydrate lately too because well...our toilet isn't working...maybe it was fixed today...Lord I hope so. Anyway...short check in ...more tomorrow...must get back to those kiddies

FrouFrou
01-18-2007, 03:58 PM
Hi Ladies! :wave:

SUSAN...thinking of you and Miss Gaby today. Give her lots of hugs from me. :hug: :hug:

KATHY...lol, about DH and you being an hour late. I was going to say I hope he has a great trip but I know he will. Hey, if I could bottle this "great" I would and send it to ya. How about some good vibes for ya? :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

SusanNYC...I feel for ya...I remember the kids being in 3rd grade. Hope you get your run in.

Hi MICHELLE, KATY, JULES & SASSY :wave: Hoping all is well with you all.

FrouFrou
01-19-2007, 04:02 PM
Just dropping by to say HI to everyone. :wave: Hoping all is well with you ladies, pretty quiet around here.

Take care and have a good day and weekend!

Mom2Gaby
01-19-2007, 04:24 PM
Good Afternoon!!!!

A moment to check in with you all. Thank you very much for your prayers for Gaby. She went in yesterday morning and had her tonsils taken out. The staff gave her a liquid medicine to make her *happy* which was kind of cute to see , she waved me kisses as she was taken to surgery. It went well but she had a very difficult time coming out of it and they had to sedate her again. Today I worry about her taking in enough liquids, she doesn't want to take her medicine, otherwise she is chilling and watching Animal Planet.
Her *father* called yesterday. The man we haven't heard from in 18 months. He wants to see her on Feb 17th, the day after her 5th birthday.
Michael thinks that is BS and I should go by what the court had set up, I tend to agree.

anyway
................. THANK YOU Cristina for the goodies you sent Gaby!!! She loves Barbie, thank you so much. :)

Ho to everyone!!!! Check in a little bit later.....Gaby is calling.

Sassy_Chick
01-19-2007, 05:24 PM
Hi Everybody! :wave:

I hope you all are well!

jules1216
01-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Michelle-good job on starting the new thread!!

Sassy--thanks for the cute note!! Hope you are doing okay!!

SuzyQ--give Gaby some big hugs!! Anything special she likes?? Care Bears, Dora the Explorer etc....I can't believe that the ex just thinks he can show up anytime he wants--he will probably be in and out as quickly as before--Michael sounds like a smart man and will watch out for the both of you!! Sounds like he likes Gaby which is good since the two of you are a package deal!! How does he get along with the teens??

Cristina--sounds like you are doing good with the IF and the water--good for you.

SusanNYC--you sound busy but happy--it's good that you like what you do, how's the jogging going?

Kathy--I am not a morning person and tend to run late myself which is really not good since I am the supervisor!!! I do usually work late or take stuff home to work on or even go in on my days off so I guess that makes up for it.

Katy--hope you are warm and safe!!

Sorry I have been MIA, between working a lot,the stress of work and the neck pain I just wasn't able to sit and type at night after being on the computer and phone all day. The one hour massage did wonders--she said I was very knotted up and I need to go back again soon but I already feel so much better!! Started WW two Fridays ago, last Friday I lost a whopping 1/2 pound and was a little dissappointed, I started my TOM and was bloated so I was a little worried but I have been doing really good with staying on plan and drinking water, to my suprise I list another 4 pounds--I was so excited!!

Well I gotta go!!

Sassy_Chick
01-20-2007, 09:26 AM
Hey all,

YW Jules for the card. ;)

I feel totally BLECH :p and wish I could just call off work tonight, I mean I "could" but I know I "shouldn't"

Well have a Great Weekend!

FrouFrou
01-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Hi ladies...

SUSAN...aaahh, poor Gaby, hope she gets to feeling better soon. And I am glad she liked the barbie. Thought the care bear would be something she could hug before and after surgery too, and cheer her up. I love care bears, lol! I agree with you and Michael...not sure why the ex thinks he can just waltz in whenever he feels the need.

JULES...I am doing pretty good with IF and the water, now, if the weight will just come off! Doing something about that Monday...going to join WW.

Did my 1 mile walk and went to IF...must be crazy because the weather is horrible! But I didn't think the snow would start until this afternoon or evening and I told Charlotte I would be there today so...I went. Then came home and shoveled snow for 1 1/2 hours, ugh! Will have to do it later as well. But easier shoveling an inch now and later than 5 inches at one time. Plus I get a work out.

Anyway, need to go clean house and get some laundry done. Take care ladies and have a good weekend! :hug:

Mom2Gaby
01-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Good Morning Sassy & Jules!!

Rach and I just rammed some tylenol w/ codeine down Gabys throat. She wasn't sipping on anything or wanting food yesterday. I was starting to worry so I said "lets hold her down and give her the meds" ......beats taking her through ER. Now she is eating some ice cream.

Jules - Cristina sent her a cute blue care bear. She loves animals and horses and she is getting into the Barbie. She likes the .......beanie babies animals - dogs and cats and such...and she always buys 2 of the same one so they are twins...lol Congrats on the 4 pounds!!! woo hoo......I bet you looking sexy :o *wink.......course remember you ain't my type. I think we had this conversation before....I am taken Jules!!! lol

Michael and I went out last night, he is a sweetie. We went for Mexican and a movie, saw The Good Shepard. Angelina Jolie is soooooo beautiful.

anyway - I better go Gaby says she wants a slurpee...

you all have a good weekend!!

Mom2Gaby
01-20-2007, 03:41 PM
awwww, Cristina - you sneaked in!!! Hi to you too. Wonderful on the walking.
You know last Sept when I was just moving in with my mother she told Mikes mother (when she called checking on me because I wasn't writing her anymore) that I would welcome him in Gaby's life. Course after that I went on meds and became sane again ( ok close enough to sane for me at least - hehe ) Mike didn't call for months, I think it was in December saying he wanted to make arrangements. My mom was talking to him , not me. Now he wants to see her Feb 17th and I am really not going to let him without all the court is asking him to do before that can happen. He is so annoying......opened my big mouth though.

blah - blah....slurpee calls!!!

chat later

jules1216
01-21-2007, 09:02 AM
SuzyQ--Hope Gaby is feeling better! I agree with Michael--make Mike the ex pay his back child support and follow whatever else the court has set up for him to do or it may get you into trouble. I still think even if he does start seeing her it will last only a short time like all the times before. He is such an @$$!! Yes Suzy we had that "conversation" before and I am taken too, for almost 21 years! My son is probably the only one in the world that does not think Angelina is beautiful.

Cristina-Your snow is suppossed to be coming our way today. We have had flurries a couple of times but it has been an extremely mild winter until yesterday!! We aren't suppossed to get alot of snow...more icy roads. DS and gf were going to come out but I am not sure--I don't want them on the icy roads.

Sassy--Have you gone to the doctors for the cat bites and scratches--you may be getting a nasty infection from them. Go to the emergency room if you have to and get on antibiotics.

Hi to everyone else--hope you are all having a great weekend!!

FrouFrou
01-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Hi Ya Ladies...

JULES...you can have the snow, lol! I hate it! It's just so messy. Starts out looking really pretty but then when you have to shovel the driveway, ick! Or drive in it. Usually, they do a good job on the streets, not the case yesterday. They said we got about 5 inches and some places got 8 but I think it was more 6-7 here. V took some pictures to show Josh...everything was just about covered in the yard, as well as his truck. Of course we still had that ice that never melted from last week to add to it.

SUSAN...sounds like Gaby is feeling better if she wants a slurpee, bet it feels good on her throat. Lot's of hugs to her. Sounds like you and Michael had a great time. I'm glad he is a sweetie! You deserve to be happy! :hug:

SASSY...hope you are fine today. Make sure you keep an eye on your arm. I agree with Jules though and think you should go to the doc right away. It may not seem bad but you never know when it comes to animals even if they are your own.

Hi KATY, MICHELLE, SusanNYC...hoping all is well with you ladies.

Nothing going on here today. Been in my jammies all day, in bed most of the day. That shoveling did a number on me and I over did it for sure. Really feeling it today. So, I've been taking it easy and will try tomorrow as well. I think I will be okay to walk but I won't go to IF...my arms are too sore.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! :hug: :hug:

Sassy_Chick
01-22-2007, 08:08 AM
Hey all

Reporting in, My arm looks very good this morning! No reddness, no swelling, nothing! :D

We didn't get any of that ice that we were supposed too! :woohoo: Just some snow and now its all slush.

Scuzin
01-22-2007, 05:50 PM
Hi all!
I went to the doc today. I seem to have some infections...ick...and I have to go for an ultrasound tomorrow. I can't decide if having a over cautious doctor is a good thing...or just annoying.

Was not able to jog at all untill Saturday because of weather or schedules but I did some great jogging this weekend...and thank goodness, since I had my first cookie binge since I got my appetite back.

Sassy, glad the arm is better!

Cristina, I WISH I had a day to sit in my jammies! I always end up busy or on the move on the weekend

Hope all the rest of you are well! Have a good night!

jules1216
01-22-2007, 07:52 PM
Cristina--well we got about an inch of snow and none of the freezing rain that was suppossed to come!! made me happy--I am not big into snow myself. I don't mind a little.

Sassy--I've been worried about your arm, glad it's better.

SusanNYC--hope the infection is ssomething that can be easily taken care of. I bet you Mom wants to come take care of you. If DD gets really sick she comes home for a night or two. DS calls for me to bring him soup and stop by too. My kids are so spoiled!!

Rough day today at work--busy and all sorts of problems--I was going to go to the gym but I am mentally exhausted and my eye is twitching!!

luckycharm
01-23-2007, 09:36 AM
Hi everyone

Just popping in really quick to say hello. I can't believe how busy it has been since DH has been gone. DH has called once, but I missed his call and he talked to the DD. He says he is having a great time and loves us. If he really loves us, wouldn't he say he is having an awful time? :lol:

Anyway, I must run and get ready for work. I will check in later. Hope everyone has a great day.

Michelle
01-23-2007, 02:36 PM
Hi Ladies -- Just popping in to say hello and that I'm still alive. I'm so tired of our computer with problems, and then I've just been down and out, not really feeling like myself. Wanted to say that Oreo got a clean bill of health at the vet check up last week, and she's like a regular puppy now, feisty and into everything!!:devil:

SUSAN...So glad to hear that Gaby came through her surgery so well. I remember mine being taken out in the 5th grade, and it's just the worst sore throat ever, and even though you want to eat SO BAD, you can't. Give her a hug for me, and good job sticking with your plan of not letting her dad have her until he cooperates with the court orders!!;)

FrouFrou
01-23-2007, 03:37 PM
Hello ladies...

MICHELLE...glad Oreo has a clean bill of health. Sorry you are feeling down and out. :hug: Hope you feel better soon.

JULES...ugh, we still have this icky stuff hanging around. Don't think it will ever leave us! Glad you guys didn't get too much of it.

SusanNYC...hope all goes well with the ultra sound and the doc doesn't find anything. Sorry about the infections and hope you get to feeling better soon. Glad you managed to get some jogging in. WTG!

SASSY...glad your arm is fine.

SUSAN...hoping all is well with you and the girlies. How's out little Miss Gaby doing?

KATHY...yepper's, if DH loved you he would say he was having a horrible time, lol! Glad you are keeping busy and he is having a good time.

Not much going on with me today. Not sure if I will exercise today or not. Maybe when I get off the computer, we'll see. I will be going to IF tomorrow for sure though. And today is my first day of WW and I am doing great so far. I have the whole day's meals planned and I've not strayed yet. Don't think I will either. And I've used up all my points, well with dinner and a snack. Unless I decide to not have that cup of milk later, ick. That will leave some points but why...can't carry them over so may as well use them all. Anyway, hope all is well with everyone...lots of hugs! :hug: :hug:

Scuzin
01-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Hi Ladies
Appt went well, nothing wrong, as expected. I'm going to be weighing in tonight...I'm a little scared...its been almost a month since the last one and I'm terrified of having gained poundage. *crossing my fingers*

Susan - Hope Gaby is recovering quickly!

Michelle - glad little Oreo is doing better :)

Jules - eek! hope you got a chance to destress last night

Mom2Gaby
01-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Crossing fingers for you SusanNYC! I am just heading out for lunch and thought I would do a fast hello. Thank you all for the interest in The Gabster. She kicked me in the nose this morning when I was putting on her shoes. She went to school yesterday and did ok, eating and drinking. She speaks in a softer voice, not nasal sound anymore, and she doesn't snore. I noticed she had bad breath though. Otherwise she is hanging in there and is a sweetie.
I am going to Hawaii after all, leave Thursday morning. M is ok with it and R knows we are just friends (R and Me) and have no future. This all happened over the weekend when R offered for me and Gaby to still come over and relax. M was unsure at first but seems ok with it now. We spent the weekend together and he drove up last night to visit. I really *cough, *cough... love him. He is a sweetie and a hunk of a man. I love his body.......lol ...woo hoo. anyway....so, I am not even prepared for Hawaii!! I have no clothes or nuthin,,,,,so, I better get!!!!!!!!
Chat later!

Sassy_Chick
01-23-2007, 10:14 PM
Hope you all are well.

luckycharm
01-24-2007, 01:22 AM
Hi Everyone

I am just watching American Idol. I love the audition shows.

SuszyQ - Wow have fun in Hawaii, but just remember if you really love us... the weather is rainy, the views are only mediocre, and you would be having so much more fun if we were there with you. :lol: Glad Gaby is doing better.

Michelle I am so glad that Oreo is doing good. I know all about computer problems. They are very frustrating. Hopefully you get them all worked out soon.

SusanNYC glad that everything is ok. :goodluck: with your weigh in. I am sure that it will be fine. Did you find it hard to get into jogging? How far do you jog a day?

Jules, Hugs to you. Sorry about the problems at work.

Sassy. was it your day off today? If it was I hope that you had a relaxing day.

Cristina hope that you don't have much more snow. I would take some of it, but we have lots. Is DH going to WW with you? I don't really know alot about ww, so maybe you can tell me a little bit about it.

Hi Katy how is everything going at your house?

I hope that I did not forget anyone.. Ok I must run.

Scuzin
01-24-2007, 09:04 AM
Morning,
And the official weigh in shows...4 pounds down!!! :cb: WOOO!
Well I'm off for the weekend. All the people in the East region of my volunteer program are getting together for a retreat so I'll be MIA till Tuesday. Good luck to you all till then!

RosieKate
01-24-2007, 10:30 AM
Sorry I've been MIA - we were snowed in last week and that meant the whole gang was home. Of course they all want a crack at the computer and it leaves me little time for posting.

I made these really yummy sweet potato veggie burgers last night. Only I used yams...whatever. You grind up about a half cup of nuts ( recipe called for peanuts, but I used pine nuts..almonds would work well) then add 2 cups of cooked taters, 1 cup of oatmeal and seasonings... I put in some onion and garlic and salt. I baked them at 350 for about 30 minutes..they can also be fried up in some olive oil if you aren't counting the cals too closely.

Just thought I'd share :) Yesterday was a cooking day. I baked bread, made a cassoulet from the Weight Watchers cookbook and the burgers. I'm done :dizzy:

Susan - Have a great platonic time in Hawaii,lol!
SusanNYC - glad it was nothing - WTG on the 4 lbs!
Michelle - Glad Oreo is doing well - how are you doing? Hope the soggy weather hasn't been making you feel cooped up.
Kathy - sounds like the hub is having fun..thanks for asking after me...we are doing well. Business as usual for another week or so then it will be utter bedlam as we have our flooring installed.
Jules - did you have a relaxing evening? Hopefully work will be better today.
Cristina - Have fun at IF - Sounds like WW is a really good fit for you right now...I can't remember - are you going to a group or at you doing it on your own?
Sassy - hey girl - how are you

Hope I got to everyone if not - well, HELLO! Have a great day!

DD just got up so I have to go :)

Michelle
01-24-2007, 01:22 PM
:( Hi Ladies,

You probably notice my username has been changed again, because of a scare I've had from another site I belong to. I've been being harrassed by a lady on another site, and she only knows me by my former username, so using my own name here is fine. I don't think she even belongs here, but wanted to be on the safe side of things. She had me so upset and worked up yesterday, that I think my stress level caught up with me, but I had a horrible dizzy spell, I was all clammy, sick to my stomach and I couldn't quit shivering for a good two hours. I took two extra strength tylenols and laid down for awhile, and I did feel better, but I'm still not back to myself completely today, still fighting a headache. It's amazing how you can have someone you are very close to on a site, and they write you a PM asking you if you're okay and how you're doing, and I gave her my honest opinion why I didn't feel comfortable posting on her team anymore, and that was it, from there on out, she's had it out for me. Oh well, I'm going on and refuse to let her affect me like she did yesterday.:( Thank you EVERYONE for your kind words, and I promise to get back to personals when I'm feeling back to normal again.:grouphug:

FrouFrou
01-24-2007, 04:45 PM
Hiya ladies :wave:

MICHELLE...Idid notice your username...it's a shame that the person is harassing you and being a big butthead. No person should make another feel awful like she has. Lot's of hugs to you :hug: :hug: And...I also noticed since I have been on you changed your avatar...hey, I liked the one of Oreo as your avatar and your picture next to your siggy. It's nice seeing your pretty face as I read your posts! I've been meaning to put a picture of me up and I will get around to it soon. I have one of me, Josh & DH but I have to resize it and get it scanned and on the computer first. Anyway, take care of yourself today.

KATY...I actually did join WW so that I can go to the meetings. I tried doing it online last year and it just wasn't working for me. I am one who needs to have the accountability. Knowing I am going to weigh in front of someone makes it more likely that I will lose and be more conscious of what I eat. Plus having to count points. I didn't realize you guys got so much snow up there. And your burgers sound delicous! I'm not much of a sweet potato/yam person though. :(

SUSAN...well, I hope you have a wonderful time in Hawaii! And I am happy that R decided he wanted you and Gaby to come regardless. Too bad you're not going in July or August...Josh is going to fly me out there when he comes back from Iraq. You better get to figuring out what to take for your trip missy! You're talking about tomorrow right? Not much time. Have a wonderful time and we will see ya when you return. I am glad Gaby is feeling better.

KATHY...WW is just basically counting points instead of calories. There is some work involved but well worth it in the end. I mean if you consider counting the points and figuring out your menu's, etc. You can eat what you want as long as you stay within your points for the day. You start off with a set amount of points plus 35 extra to do as you wish. You can use them all at one time or spread them out and have 5 extra a day or whatever you want to do with them. They just can't be carried over into the next week. Like your points for the day, you can't carry them over either. What I like is having a weekly meeting to go to, it really helps me. About the snow, ick! I think it's going to be around for a few more days. It's weird to drive around and see everyone's yards piled with the stuff. But I love all the snowmen people have made, and igloo's.

SusanNYC...WTG on the pounds lost this week! :woohoo: :woohoo: And glad everything went well with the appt. Have a wonderful weekend!

JULES...how are you doing today? Hope it's not a crazy day at work.

SASSY...hoping all is well with you too! :)

Well, ladies I didn't make it to IF. I got up with the worst headache. Went to bed with it and woke up with it. Since I went out shoveling snow I have felt pretty crappy...mentally and physically. Not sure what is up, just hope I am not coming down with a cold. But since I didn't feel up to that I am going to pull out my 2 mile WATP video and do that before dinner. I haven't done those in a while but not quite feeling up to walking or IF so it is better than nothing. That's about all that's going on with me. Hoping all is well with you all. Take care :hug:

Mom2Gaby
01-24-2007, 06:11 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, I am exhausted!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on your 4 pounds down SusanNYC! I always love your ID's Michelle and the avatars are the cutest. Wasn't the snow wonderful Katy??? I dorve on that, so proud of myself.....

Hi sassy!!!!

With this mad dash to get packed and visiting thrift stores for summer clothes (cause I hear it is 80's Kathy.....not that I will enjoy that or the lack of sex either....lol , I will missy you all- :) ) I wear a size *gulp 12 now. zzzzzzzzzzzzz, whatever , I don't care.

anyway just wanted to do a quick hello ....I swear I don't even want to go. I miss my Michael already....I will talk to you everyday Cristi - R has a computer - lol .....I hope the tropical paradise is worth it . lol oh, gawd.....as my world turns......chatter later!!

Sassy_Chick
01-24-2007, 08:30 PM
Michelle,

Just wanted to give you some :hug: and also say, I do understand what your going through, as I went through something simular a few years ago. It is not fun to always wonder if someone is "following you" through the net. All I can say is keep on going to wherever you are going, don't let them stop you from living your life, because that is ultimately what they want.

Big :hug:

FrouFrou
01-27-2007, 01:07 AM
Hello ladies...

SUSAN...have a GREAT time in HAWAII!!!!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: OMG!

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!

RosieKate
01-27-2007, 10:00 AM
Once again...I am up at the crack o' dawn....yeesh

Michelle - I hope you manage to ditch the little cyberstalker - that struck me as so creepy. Just take care of yourself, ok - don't let get you sick, it's just not worth it.

Susan - hope you are having a nice time in Hawaii.Waaa - it's so cold here - I wanna to go Hawaii!

Cristina - that's great about WW - I know I am enjoying the support from a group meeting; it does help me stay focused. Good job! I have a lentil veggie burger recipe too... for the non-yam-types :) I was so glad my son liked them because I seem to have alot of yams sitting around right now and I need to do something with them...guess we'll be having more burgers.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you all have a great weekend!

FrouFrou
01-27-2007, 04:58 PM
Hiya Ms RosieKate! :wave:

WW is helping me stay focused too! I can get the exercise down but then the food suffers so...thought it was time to do something about it. I've done good so far this week so I am hoping to see a good loss at WI. :crossed: That's great that the kids like the yam-burgers. They actually do sound good. If you'd like to share your veggie burger recipe I think I would try it. It sounds good too!

It's cold here as well and I would love to be in Hawaii too! Hope you are having a good time Susan!

HI to everyone else :wave:

Have a great weekend ladies :hug:

jules1216
01-30-2007, 01:46 PM
Just a quick post to let you know I am around--extremely busy. Hope to be back when I have time.

FrouFrou
01-30-2007, 03:45 PM
Hello ladies...

Just checking in.

Jules...you are one busy lady! Hope you can get some time to relax soon.

Susan...guess you forgot all about us...being in Hawaii and all. ;) Hope you are having a good time!

Michelle...hope you are having a good day. How is our little Oreo doing?

Sassy...hoping all is well with you and your arm is better.

SusanNYC...hope you were able to get some jogging in.

Hi ya Katy!

Slow day for me today. Had to run to the post office this morning to mail some packages to the troops. Came home and did a 3 mile walk which actually felt good. Now on the 'puter while I get some laundry done.

Hope all is well with you ladies in your little corner of the world. Lots of :hug:

Mom2Gaby
01-30-2007, 10:45 PM
I am here Cristina!!! Gaby and I arrived Thursday at 5 pm. We have been enjoying the 80 degree weather with swimming (Gaby does this,I watch) going to the south end of the island and seeing the sea turtles at the black sand beach. Today we visited the Volcanoes Nat'l Park. It was AWESOME!! The lava flow all the way down to the ocean is an awe inspiring sight. HOpe to make it to the other side of Kona tomorrow and more sun, sun, sun!! Eating all sorts of wonderful chocolates.......lol . sorry, I think I ate a whole box. I am eating lots of salads too.
better get!!!
ps..........I need addresses!! I don't have any .....pm me!
Aloha!!

Scuzin
01-31-2007, 03:05 PM
Hi!!!
I've returned! I had a hard but good weekend on retreat in PA with the entire region of volunteers. I think it did some good things for my housemates and I and inter-house relations. I may be crazy...but I'm actually thinking about doing a second year of this...different city, different job...but the same structure...we'll see.

I was terribly ill and didn't get to exercise and divulged a little too much on the desert counter but I think I've recovered enough to hit the gym tonight.

Susan - I'd be jealous of the 80 degrees if it weren't for the fabulous dusting of snow around the city...being from Portland I still find it a novelty...but Hawaii sounds amazing!

FrouFrou
01-31-2007, 05:26 PM
Hi Ladies...

SUSAN...how dare you talk about 80 degree weather when I am sitting here freezing my butt off! Kidding, lol. I wish I was there with you! It is so freakin' cold here and more freakin' snow, UGH! I am sick of this weather already. Glad to hear you guys are having a GREAT time! Make sure and get lots of pictures! And tell Rocky HI :wave:

SusanNYC...hey, I don't think you're crazy. I think what you are doing is wonderful. You are getting to see the world and experience different things. I would have loved to do what you are doing. And you are young so enjoy yourself and your life...that's what it's all about!

Hi to everyone else :wave: Hoping all is well with you ladies, missing you. :hug:

I'm pooped. This stinking snow is killing me, literally. Once again I shoveled the driveway, after I said I wasn't ever going to. It has to be done so Jason and V won't track all that stuff in the house, and for safety reason. Don't want anyone slipping. Did it before anyone came home so that it wasn't packed and harder to shovel. So that is my exericse for the day...this time I timed it and it took me 1 1/2 hours with a couple of bathroom/water breaks in between. Really tired of this weather. This is the most snow I have seen here in tha 9 years I have lived here. Anyway, was hoping it wouldn't start until I went and bought groceries...no such luck. But I got everything done. The house cleaned, snow shoveled, groceries bought and laundry done.

Take care ladies and have a good day. Hope your weather is better than ours! :)

Mom2Gaby
02-01-2007, 12:51 AM
I would love to go to NYC SusanNYC! It did snow in Portland a couple of weeks ago. It was beautiful.
Today we went to Akaka Falls and the northern tip of the island , we didn't make it to Kona on this trip. We fished and ate and ate and fished. Gaby caught some pretty fish that we threw back in because they were babies. Besides Gaby said they were stinky....lol
It was *83 and humid.
I better get!!!

HUGS to all

Scuzin
02-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Morning,
Got to the treadmill last night but just did 20 minutes. I still wasn't feeling tip-top and didn't think it was a good sign that everytime I took a minute breather break I was hacking. But I think I"ll go back for another light work out tonight. I really like going down there...its the fitness center at the Fordham Lincoln Center right off Columbus Circle - the SW corner of Central Park. Neat part of town.

Susan - glad you're having a great time in that balmy weather :)

Cristina - sorry you're so exhausted :(

FrouFrou
02-01-2007, 11:55 PM
Hi ya Chickies!

SUSAN...I am glad you guys are having a great time. Forgot to pm you my address, will do that in a few minutes, if I don't forget, lol! I'm a goofball what can I say.

SusanNYC...hey, 20 minutes on the treadmill is always better than no time at all. Hope nothing serious is wrong, the hacking can't be good. Make sure and take care of yourself missy.

MICHELLE...another pretty avatar. I love them all but this one is a GREAT one! I need to get some head shots and find a decent one. I went to add a picture to my siggy but it was so small you couldn't see my face. I'll keep trying. How are you doing? How is Oreo?

Hi everyone else, KATY, KATHY, SUE & SASSY! :wave: Hope all is well with you ladies.

I better get going. V will be home in a few minutes. He went to put in a garage door opener and a garbage disposal for a friend. Take care ladies...chat with ya soon. :hug:

Sassy_Chick
02-02-2007, 04:01 AM
Hi all, Just a quick hello and I hope you all are doing well!

:wave:

Scuzin
02-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Quick hello from me too
Hit the fitness center again last night for some treadmilling. Ran into Laura Bush of all people...I had been wondering why there were so many police cars and men in black suits...

For anyone that's ever worked in an elemetry school you know that there is a kid celebrating a birthday constantly...that's a LOT of cake and juice and candy. Well yay for me I successfully avoided little Avery's cupcakes today.

Have a good day!

FrouFrou
02-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Hi SASSY...good to see you checkin' in. Hope you are feeling better. :hug:

WOW, SUSANNYC! Laura Bush, eh? Did you actually get to meet her or just catch a glimpse? And yes, having three kids I remember all the birthday parties. Not to mention Valentine's Day. When the kids were in kindergarten they also had a snack day. Each childs parent had to bring goodies for the whole class. But WTG for passing on the sweets!

Not much going on...had a showing this morning and boy was I not ready. I've got to get in the habit of just having the house clean at all times in case. But I get lazy. It's not dirty per se, just some things needing to be picked up. I just feel like if I had 24 hours notice I could plan for it and not be rushed. For some reason this realty place thinks that isn't a good thing because they think the people may think you have something to hide. Ummm, okay. But this is what happens when I get such a short notice...my brain goes into overload, lol. I had actually just stepped out of the shower and was going to go exercise, lol. I know...why shower if you are going to go exercise? I just do :dunno: Anyway...hope all is well with you ladies.Take care and have a good day!

RosieKate
02-02-2007, 08:26 PM
Hi All!

Quick hi from me today--I am in deep deep love with Turbotax at the moment and I just can't bear to be away from for even a minute...until he coughs up some cash then it's tata for another year ;)

Cristina - been meaning to get back to you about the lentil burger. You start a blend of 50% dried lentils and 50% bulgur. Cook them up in either stock or water, 1 part mixture to 3 parts water. With that cooked mixture you can mush it up and fix it similar to meatloaf. I put in some breadcrumbs, egg, maybe some onion or garlic. Then you can make up patties and bake them about 5-7 minutes a side at 400deg, or you can fry them up in a pan. I think they are yummy!

Hi to everyone else! Have a great weekend!

Mom2Gaby
02-02-2007, 09:46 PM
Good Afternoon!

Surprised to see I lost 2 pounds this week! Yay. I have been falling in love with grilled tuna , eat it with salad. So good and fills me up. We have also been doing a lot of walking so that is another facture. Not sitting on my butt at the desk all week. Anyway, I was happy about that!

The school that Gaby goes to doesn't celebrate the holidays or birthdays. I guess because there is so many different beliefs , they don't want to offend. I still think they should and teach respect for all beliefs......Congrats though on avoiding the cupcakes SusanNYC! Think you are doing really good.

You know Cristina when my parents bought their farm house back in 1970 I remember going in and the owner had left the house leaving his lunch on the table. A whole fish.....and all that was left was the bones. I still remember it today....ick,, scared me. lol.......I am sure you are fine without even having to pick up :)

Katy - can't beleive you are doing your taxes already.......I don't even wanna talk to you....lol jk

aloha to everyone!!!

Michelle
02-03-2007, 12:03 AM
:sorry: Hi Ladies,

Remember me; coming in with my tail between my legs.:o Sorry I've been MIA for awhile. I've been having such a hard time lately, and I don't like to come bringing it here with me. I'm finally starting to feel better so watch out lol.:devil: Little Oreo has gained three pounds and she is so full of energy, OMG!!! She's just so darn cute and I love to just watch her when she's running around and see what she will get into next.:p

SUSAN...I'm so jealous of you in Hawaii. How is Gaby getting along after just having her tonsils out, and how is your hunny handling you being there?;)

CRISTINA...I've noticed your ticker moving down and I'm so happy for you!!!:hug:

HELLO Sassy, Katy, Kathy, Jules, Suzin and anyone else I may have missed!!!;) :hug:

FrouFrou
02-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Hello ladies...

MICHELLE...thank you! :thanks: I am hoping to have another loss this week. :crossed: So glad to hear you are feeling better, and Oreo as well. Wow, three pounds! I'm glad she recovered and is doing well. Bet she is a cutie pie!

KATY...thank you so much for the recipe! :thanks: I definitely will be giving it a try, it does sound yummy. Doesn't sound like it would be many points and that is what I like low point foods! We too got an early start on our taxes which is a first. Waiting to get the stuff back from our tax guy. Hoping for a big return :crossed:

SUSAN...eeewww! Bet that was a stinky house, lol. So how long are you going to be in Hawaii? Can't remember if you said. I too am jealous...I'd rather be anywhere that it's warm than here in this cold, brrrrrrr. WTG on the 2 lbs! :carrot: :woohoo: :carrot:

Nuttin' much going on here today. I think I will have V start the fireplace, it's so cold. I am definitely staying in today. We did go to the Home Show they were having in Wichita. Always good to get ideas and such, especially with/for the new house if we ever sell this one. I may actually pick up a book today, lol. I laugh because I can't remember the last time I read a book. Anywho...take care ladies and have a GREAT weekend!

Mom2Gaby
02-03-2007, 04:38 PM
awww, Michelle HUGS to you.

Gaby is doing well recovering from her tonsils. She had a few rough days right after they (1/18) were taken out but once we shoved the medicine down her she was able to eat and get her energy back. She doesn't snore now and her voice is girly, not nasal anymore. Hunny is missin me, awww. We text and talk once a day. He said he would pick me up at the airport when we fly in.

Going to take her swimming today.Cool at 78 and overcast but we will try to manage....hehe,,,,,

Heading home on Tuesday Cristi!! Can't wait, I miss my babies and my sweetie. I haven't read a book in years!!!! lol

Had sausage for breakfast and steamed rice. Focusing on salads and sno cones....lol......there is a place that shaves the ice and it is sooooooo good. I like lemon lime and banana mixed together.........YUMMY!

K- better get out in the sun and suffer,,,,,,,,lol....sorry, I will be freezing my butt off come Tuesday night.

HUGS to all!!!

Michelle
02-03-2007, 10:17 PM
CRISTINA...I hope you found a good book to read. I've never been a reader, just a magazine that's quick to look through and short stories.;)

SUSAN...I know what you mean with Gaby's voice changing since her surgery, I bet she sounds so cute now. So glad your hunny is missing you and will be picking you up at the airport.;)

Nothing much going on here today. My DH had a union meeting down in Salem all day, so when he got home, we went out to each at our favorite chinese restaurant.:o Hope everyone has a great night!!!:hug: :hug: :hug:

Sassy_Chick
02-04-2007, 07:37 AM
Hi Everybody,

(Sorry this is a mass posting, you will see below why)

I know I have been MIA lately. I think Cristina probably passed on to you about my back. It is much better now, but still sore and I have to still be careful. I think its just weather-related. My arm is completely healed up now and no bruising. ;)

I did get some bad news though, that my Grandpa is in the hospital. :( My mom said that his Blood Pressure went up to 190/90 and that he has fluid on his lungs and he wasn't quite with it when they admitted him yesterday morning, but my mom said that he was awake today, so we're hoping he pulls through it. The strange part is that his room-mate in the hospital is my step-dad's father. He hasn't been doing well ever since his son (my step dad) passed away. My mom says he <--(my step dad's father) doesn't know anybody and its like he has just given up. :(

So not sure what is up with my Grandpa, but my mom says she'll keep me updated. Any positive vibes or prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Well I hope you all are well and take care!!!!!

Thanks Everybody!!!!!!!

:grouphug:

Michelle
02-04-2007, 12:11 PM
:cry: SASSY...I am so sorry first off to hear about your back problem and all the pain you have had to go through. I went through that back at the beginning of August, and it took about six weeks before I even could move around really good and feel like myself again. Also, I'm so sorry about your grandpa. It's very hard when our relatives start getting older and having medical problems. Every time my phone rings, I'm worried that I will get a call saying that something has happened to one of my grandmas, since I have lost both of my grandpas. I'm definitely adding your grandpa and yourself to my daily prayers. Try and hold your chin up a little and keep smiling. Prayers do help a lot and I know things will improve.:( :hug:

Sassy_Chick
02-04-2007, 09:09 PM
Thanks Michelle,

My mom called me today and said she went to see him and he is doing a lot better, the nurses have him sitting up and drinking juices and trying to get him to cough up what is in his lungs. Also he is eating candy so that is a definate sign he is feeling better! (he has a MAJOR sweet tooth!)

On the other hand my mom's fil is not doing so well, she talked with the drs and they said that he basically had two strokes and had pnemonia in one lung and now its in the other. My mom tried talking to him, but she said she couldn't understand a word he was saying.

Thanks for all the positive vibes & prayers, they are working! :D

RosieKate
02-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Sassy - sending prayers your family's way...I also have grandmas and feel so blessed to have reached my ripe old age (!) and still have them around.

Cristina - I don't think it would be too hard to figure the points on those burgers..they can be made very low in fat and they are high in fiber, so the points should be pretty good. I have been dutifully counting my calories but sadly have been hitting a plateau for the last few weeks...You are doing a great job!

Michelle - Sounds like you had a nice weekend...what a nice picture of your DD!

Susan - enjoy your fun in the sun while you can! We had a nice balmy day yesterday, but it is Oregon after all. Better brace yourself.

SusanNYC - How's the weather in NY? Are you getting much free time to enjoy the city? I'm envious...I would love to have a vacation in NY - I would see plays and go to museums...take a walk in Central Park...

Well, I have been bummed by my recent lack of progress. However, it has been TOM time, and I haven't exercised much in the last few days. I go to the chiro today to get snapped back into place, so I'm hoping that helps. I just keep writing everything down, keep counting those calories....the little engine that could, lol!

Have a great day everyone!

Scuzin
02-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Morning!
Had a good weekend, restfull, I needed it. Got in some good jogging, but thanks to the Superbowl got in TOO MUCH bad eating. I'll be paying for that later I'm sure.

IT IS SO COLD! That wind'll kill ya.

Sassy - I'll be praying for your grandfather :(

FrouFrou
02-05-2007, 01:49 PM
Hi Ladies...

SUSAN...you quit that! LOL That is just mean, teasing us with that beautiful weather in Hawaii! ;) You know, I knew I would do it and I did...I forgot to pm you my address. :crazy: Really though, I am glad that you and Gaby are having a wonderful time and glad to hear Gaby is doing well since having her surgery.

KATY...yeah, I don't think it will be too hard figuring out the points. Boy, I fixed chili Friday and that was driving me crazy. But I got the points figured and when you think of 1/4 of a cup it really is a lot, or at least enough for me. Sorry you have hit a plateau...that is what I am afraid of. Last time I did WW I did good the first week, the second week wasn't so bad but after that...we didn't think those scales were ever going to move! But it least you haven't gained, that is a plus.

SASSY...glad to hear your grandpa is doing better. My grandpa had a sweet tooth too! He loved 3Musketeers, bananas and coke! And I swear that seemed like about the only thing he would ever eat. You ladies are lucky to have your grandparents around for sure, and blessed. All mine have passed, years ago. I wished my kids could have at least met them.

MICHELLE...chinese food eh? I haven't had any in ages and it sounds so good. Of course the last time we went out was the Friday before joining WW. We are going to go out to Olive Garden this evening though for our early Valentine's dinner. Was going to go next Monday but I changed my mind and thought tonight would be better. That's my favorite place to eat, OG. We never go out on Valentine's Day because there are just too many people so usually go a few days before depending on the day. Olive Garden is always busy here.

SusanNYC... seems a lot of people over ate yesterday. I'm not much of a Colts or Bears fan so didn't watch much of the game. I like the Bears okay but not so much the Colts. Seemed like an odd Superbowl for teams this year too me. Anyway, glad you got in some jogging!

Nothing much going on with me today. Went to go exercise at It Figures and ended up leaving because it was just too hot in there and I just wasn't into it. Normally she has in cool in there or at least turns the fans on when she sees me coming but she was too busy yaking with some guy to be concerned with anything else. She does this a lot. Seems to be the hangout for a lot of her friends and family. Anyway, decided to just come home and walk on the treadmill. I'm kind of in a grouchy mood anyway for some reason. Anyway...hope everyone has a great Monday! :wave:

Sassy_Chick
02-06-2007, 08:52 AM
Hey all,

Thanks for your well wishes. ;)

Yeah my grandpa definately has a sweet tooth, he will eat basically anything with sugar in it! lol. But his favorite is Black Licorice.......So I try to get him some from time to time. ;)

My mom inherited his sweet tooth too, her favorite is dark chocolate......:p

I like sweets, but not as much as my grandpa and mom do, thankfully!!!!! I have to really be in the mood for them!

We basically just watched movies yesterday, we watched Saw III, not too bad, if you like those kind of movies, it is very gory though, just like the other two. We also watched The Covenant, kinda hokey in parts, but not too bad. I describe it as an adult version of Harry Potter and the Matrix........

It has been very very cold here and we are supposed to get snow tonight......Nothing like what Upstate NY and those up there by the lakes are though!

Well I guess that is all for me, I'm off to bed now.........

Have a Great Day........Stay Warm if its cold where you are!

FrouFrou
02-06-2007, 02:38 PM
Hello ladies...

SASSY...I love black licorice! It's sooooo good. Don't have it often though. Hey, they say that dark chocolate is good for you. Not sure how or what for but I remember seeing that somewhere. You know, I have heard of the Covenant but can't picture what it is. Did see Saw III and 1 & 2...we love those kind of movies! The more blood and gore the better, lol. Stay warm.

MICHELLE...how are you doing? Thanks for the pm...I don't know what is wrong with some people. Guess if you don't agree with them they don't like it. Geez, what a boring place this would be if we all agreed about everything and were all the same. Love what you did with your siggy and your new avatar. Where do you find the bears? And your DD is BEAUTIFUL!

SUSAN...I swear I went to pm you my address several times and then ended up going somewhere else on this site and completely forgot. :doh: Was going to do it this morning and remembered you were coming home today. Have a safe flight!

Hi to everyone else, SusanNYC, JULES, KATY, & KATHY :wave:

I better get going. Have things to do today and get some exercise done. I've been on this thing way too long.

Have a good day ladies!:hug: :hug:

Michelle
02-06-2007, 02:58 PM
Thank you Katy & Cristina for the compliment on my DD!!;)

Cristina...I love bears and collect them. I get all of my pictures off of this site: www.fulcrumgallery.com and there is about 35 pages to go through. When you find one you like, make sure and click on the picture so it comes up a larger picture for you to save, otherwise it shrinks down. I know exactly what you mean with people agreeing/disagreeing. I do have a new picture of Oreo that my DD sent through her phone, but it's a little dark, but SO cute!!:hug:

Susan...I pray that you and Gaby have a safe flight home today. I've been thinking about you today.:hug:

Sassy...I'm so glad your grandpa is feeling much better. I think a little praying goes a long ways!!:hug:

Sassy_Chick
02-06-2007, 08:52 PM
Howdy Girls.

Well we got snow, not a lot, but a lot for "our area" I guess. City Managers were asking Companies to let their employees go home early today. DH checked his email and saw our company was offering hotel rooms, like they always do.

I'm glad we are at home and don't even have to go out in this stuff! We've been watching movies and just doing daily household chores, etc.

Well I hope you all are well and staying warm!

Scuzin
02-07-2007, 01:53 PM
Afternoon!
Ugh, did not get to jog the last 2 days for various reasons but I am determined to do it tonight! I've been very stressed out the last week or so and neeeeeeed to burn it off.
I sat in on a 7th grade English class today. I'm going to be tutoring some of the girls. I'm actually really excited. They seemed like a great group.

Have a great day all!

FrouFrou
02-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Hello ladies...

MICHELLE...oh my goodness! Oreo has gotten so much bigger! Or looks it in the picture. I love her big ole eyes, so cute. Thank you for the site! :thanks: I am going to have to check it out for sure. I used to collect bears now just have a couple of stuffed ones that the kids bought me. Got into the precious moments and angels. The kids started that as well. Well, actually, I had bought a couple and they kept them coming for birthday's christmas and such. Now I have way too many of those, lol. Hope you are having a good day! :hug:

SASSY...glad you guys didn't have to get out in the snow. I don't mind it for the most part if I don't have to get out in it. It's just messy if you do. You guys stay warm. It was a nice, cool 56 here yesterday and today it is 34 and the wind is blowing so it is really cold!

SUSANNYC...hopefully you get to get your jog in this evening. I've not got my exercise in for the day yet...was too busy this morning and when I came home I just wanted to sit and relax.

HI KATY & SUSAN & JULES & KATHY!

Nothing much going on today. Did some of my grocery shopping this morning since I HAD to get something for Josh's birthday. I hate that he will be basically missing it being over there. Going to try and make it good for him. I know he will like what we got him. Now the cute little birthday beanie bear...he will roll his eyes at, lol. I wanted to get something that said Happy Birthday on it so...he will have to deal with it, lol. Going to make some cookies for him later and ice them. That's as close to a cake as I can get. Anywho...hope you ladies are having a great day! Take care :hug:

Scuzin
02-08-2007, 09:10 AM
Morning,
I in fact after the trek downtown did NOT get to jog because when I pulled my shirt out of my back pack is was soaked in coffee! ARRRR. Its been a stressful few days, I think i'm going to take part of the afternoon off.

Cristina - good luck with the b-day prep, I'm sure you'll find something good

Have a good day ladies!

luckycharm
02-09-2007, 12:16 AM
Hi everyone

I can't believe how time just flies by.

Anyway just stopping in to give everyone a big hug.

Kathy

RosieKate
02-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone. Hope you are all doing well...I am spending the afternoon making lots of soup...will let you know how it goes!:dizzy:

Have to dash off and get DD - so toodles for now!

Scuzin
02-09-2007, 03:47 PM
Afternoon

I met the middle school girls I'm going to be tutoring today. Crossing my fingers that it goes well.
Took the afternoon off yesterday because I was tweeking out after a too stressful few days. There is just drama drama drama with the second graders. BUT I finally got to go jogging and it was amazing. It was COLD but perfectly clear as the sun was setting and there were ice floes on the Hudson. Gorgious.

Mmmm, hot soup sounds fabulous right now. I ate soup just about every day last winter. I would make a huge pot and eat from it all week.

Love to all

Michelle
02-09-2007, 05:56 PM
CRISTINA...I think Oreo just looks A LOT bigger in this photo, but she is up to 6 pounds now, and definitely growing. She's just so cute and the other day after she had xrays taken, the vet brought her back into the room to my DD with a Valentine's Day bandana around her neck, she looked SO cute!! Oh yes, we bought a new computer, monitor and printer last night, and my DH is going to get it set up tonight and I can't wait! The monitor is two inches larger, and the computer itself has to work better than what we've been dealing with for quite awhile with this one.:p

FrouFrou
02-10-2007, 02:17 PM
Hello ladies...

SUSAN...did ya get lost on your way back home? Or did I get the wrong day? Either way, hope you and the girls are well.

MICHELLE...maybe it is the picture because 6 pounds is tiny. I bet she is sooo cute in person. Hooray for a new computer! :carrot: We need to get ours updated...empty some files and add some more space. Ours isn't so bad, not bad enough to warrant a new one. I think we just need to get dsl or broadband. Which, we will do when we move. Tired of the slow somputer. Hope you like it.

HI KATY and KATHY...good to see you ladies checking in. Hoping all is well with you and yours.

SASSY...thought of you yesterday. I was running around trying to figure out how to send some (birthday) cookies to Josh and remembered the pringles can suggestion. I went and bought two cans hoping that would be enough and sure enough it was. Didn't think I would get too many cookies in there once I wrapped them but I was wrong. I bought some of that glad plastic sticky/sealing wrap stuff (can't remember what it is called) wrapped each cookie and made sure the biggest part of it was on the bottom so that it would cushion each cookie. Crossing my fingers they make it there fine and not crushed. :crossed: I did manage to get 10 cookies in one and 11 in the other. So thank you for sharing that back at Christmas time. Hope all is well with you.

SusanNYC...now, I can't remember where exactly you are but did you guys get any of that snow I saw on the news? Man, that was a lot! And here I was complaining about the little bit we got, lol. Glad you managed to go jogging...like my walking, it always clears my mind, good for the soul for sure.

Well, just wanted to stop by and say HI. Had a showing early this morning, way too early. And having another later this afternoon. So trying to keep the house clean all day and get my laundry done. Take care ladies and have a wonderful weekend! :hug:

Michelle
02-10-2007, 07:10 PM
CRISTINA...Just getting broadband highspeed internet will help out so much! That's what we have, and we used to have dial up, and OMG what a difference!! I love our new computer, it's so fast. We bought it at Best Buy and took it into their Geek Squad to have them take everything out except for just the basic stuff, so we don't have all these extra trial things in it. My DD just got Oreo a new pink thermal hoodie today and it looks so cute on her! Hope you have a nice weekend.;)

Sassy_Chick
02-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Hey all.

Been real cold here. Haven't gotten much more snow, just cold........We haven't been going anywhere except for work and back...........

Only 5 more working nights until our 10-day vacation! :woohoo: We aren't going anywhere, just staying at home and enjoying it and maybe going and doing things in town and what not and we are not telling anybody (except for our co-workers obviously and you all lol) but we just want to enjoy our vacation without having people asking us to come and help them do this or that. We don't mind helping people out, but this will be our vacation.......

Cristina -- YW glad that I helped. I got that tip from a cashier from Michaels Craft Store who has a son or grandson over there. Figured that was a neat idea. I hope your cookies get over there in tact!

Hi to everybody out there! I hope you all are well and keeping warm!

Michelle
02-11-2007, 09:21 PM
SASSY...Enjoy your 10 day vacation!!;) I don't blame you for not wanting to let people know, just enjoy your time alone.:hug:

I'm very sad, because Oreo broke her right front leg last night, and she will either be going into surgery tomorrow or Tuesday. She jumped off the livingroom table that was about two feet from the ground and immediately started crying and limping. She also is on medication again because she's got that bad cough back, so please say a prayer for her.:cry:

Sassy_Chick
02-12-2007, 04:01 AM
Hey Michelle :wave:

Thanks, we can't wait! :D

Aw sorry to hear about Oreo! :cry: I will be saying prayers for her for sure! I hope the surgery goes well and that her cough goes away!

Michelle
02-12-2007, 11:47 AM
SASSY...Thank you so much, I really appreciate your kindness.:hug:

FrouFrou
02-12-2007, 03:16 PM
Hi ladies...

MICHELLE...ahhh, poor little Oreo. I definitely will say a prayer for her, poor baby. I hope the meds help her cough go away for good this time, and I hope her leg isn't too bad. We have stepped on little Ernie dogs so many times I am surprised we haven't broken it. He will come up behind us and we don't know it then turn around and step on him. I am wanting a smaller dog than him but I am afraid of that. I would kill a smaller dog if I accidently stepped on it I think. Anyway, lots of hugs for your DD and Oreo and I will be keeping her in my prayers.

SASSY...woohoo to 10 days off! :woohoo: You and your hubby have been working so hard and so many hours, you deserve this time off. And, whatever you do, enjoy it!

I am in a blah mood and have been for the last week. Thought I was coming down with something, still not sure. DH and DS#1 has a cold or something and I told them to stay away from me, lol! But I still think I have it, just not as bad as them. Haven't been eating right, drinking my water or exercising either. But changing that today! Went to It Figures this morning and did a mile walk on the treadmill so it's a start.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a good day :hug:

jules1216
02-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Quick hi to everyone--too many posts to catch up.

Sassy_Chick
02-12-2007, 08:29 PM
Hi Jules!!!!!!!!!!

:wave:

How R U? Missed U!

Scuzin
02-13-2007, 12:46 PM
hi!
Did some fabulous jogging over the weekend in Central Park. The weather, while COLD, was crystal clear, but its supposed to dump snow on us tonight so I don't know what the work out schedule is going to look like for the next few days. Its been 3 weeks since Ive weighed and I'm starting to get paranoid that I'm packing it on...but its TOM so not a good idea to check it any time soon....arg, I guess I'll just have to wait.

Cristina - sorry you aren't feeling well, I hope you're not sick :( Hopefully the exercise will make you feel better...it did for me last week when I was feeling crummy

FrouFrou
02-13-2007, 04:10 PM
Hi ladies...

SusanNYC...thanks! Feeling a little better today but not quite there yet. The exercise actually did make me feel better but this stinking running nose is driving me mad! I do think it would be wise to wait until after TOM...TOM does seem to add the weight on doesn't it? Does for me anyway. But I bet you having packed any pounds on...you've been doing so well with your jogging! Hope you guys don't get too much snow. I know I've had my fill of it here. Happy jogging :running:

Hiya JULES...hoping all is well with you and yours. Also, hoping you are getting some time for yourself to relax.

MICHELLE...how is Oreo today? And how are you doing today?

SASSY...getting closer to your 10 day vacation! :carrot: Bet you guys are counting down the hours and minutes!

Hi KATY, SUSAN, and KATHY! Hoping all is well with you ladies.

Take care ladies and have a good day! :hug:

Michelle
02-13-2007, 05:29 PM
SCUZIN...It sounds like you're really having a great time in New York! I've never been there before. Our Oregon weather has been really nice lately, and by Friday, it's supposed to be sunny and up to 65F.;)

SUSAN...HELLOOOOOOO, WHERE ARE YOU??? We have never heard from you since you were in Hawaii. Please check in, K!!:hug:

CRISTINA...Oreo is still a happy little girl and running around on her three feet. They've decided to not do the surgery, but rather tomorrow, she will have a split mobilizer made for her to wear for three weeks, and be on some pain meds, but it may not make her leg back to normal, and that's a chance that's being taken. The vet specialist said that with her young age, and her bones are still so soft, that the surgery may not take, and then they would still be out about $4000!!:eek: :yikes: The prices are just outrageous.:devil: I hope you're feeling better today and relaxing.:hug:

Sassy_Chick
02-15-2007, 07:39 AM
Hope you all had a Great Vday!

We stayed home as we were iced in! Lots here without power, but they called in people from NC who came up to help restore power, so hopefully they will all have power today or tomorrow! We were lucky (knocking on wood) that we didn't lose power!

Thanks Cristine for the Card! (We just checked our mail today!!!!!! lol)

STAY WARM!!!!!!!!!

Scuzin
02-15-2007, 01:10 PM
Sassy - eek hope that ice lets up! We had quite the storm yesterday that's left up with all kinds of drifts on the sidewalks and makes it hard to get anywhere.

well I caved and weighed in anyway...I'm down about another 2 pounds! WOO! I'm doing something right! Slowly but surely, slowly but surely...

FrouFrou
02-15-2007, 07:50 PM
Hello ladies...

MICHELLE...you know, vet bills do get up there. Did you know they have insurance for your pets? I don't know how much it costs or what it covers but we take our chances. Ernie hasn't had anything really bad (knock on wood) but he is getting up in age so...:crossed: $4000 is a lot to spend if there's a possibly that it won't help. And I bet it will heal just fine with the moblizer.

SASSY...you are welcome! I was going to say, wow your mail is slow, lol! I would go crazy if I didn't check my mail everyday, even though the majority of it is junk. Be careful if you get out in that ice.

SusanNYC...YAY! :cp: I knew you would be down on the scales! :bravo: Keep up the good work missy!

Hi to everyone else. :wave: Hoping all is well with everyone. :hug:

jules1216
02-15-2007, 08:17 PM
Just a quick hi!! I have been down with the flu!! Cristina can you use some of your new witchy woman ways and stir me up a potion!! I will catch up later!!

Sassy_Chick
02-15-2007, 11:30 PM
Hey all,

Thanks everybody. Well today was my first day out, WOW, the ice is overwhelming! It is EVERYWHERE!!!! We couldn't even go down our back stairs because of all the ice on them!

It is very pretty to see on the trees, but I know it has caused a lot of damage and what not. I haven't seen the news, but I'm sure they are working hard to get everybody back with power and yes, Thanks NC for helping us! :D

Cristina -- yeah we are so bad at checking our mail! Its mostly all junk mail anyways since most of our bills are paid online and all.............I see U have a new id! Whats up Witchy Woman! lol.

Jules -- Hey girlie, oh no, not the flu! I hope the flu bug goes away soon and maybe the Witchy Woman can conjur up a little get well potion for ya!

:wave: to everybody else out there!

Michelle
02-16-2007, 12:57 AM
CRISTINA...Your id and profile pic are cute!!;) I don't think you're a witchy woman though, you're just too sweet.:p Oreo has been hyper and running around crazy, even with her hot pink mobilizer on, it's so funny!;)

SCUZIN...:woohoo: congrats on your weightloss!!;)

JULES...I had the flu a couple weeks ago and it's no fun. I hope you're feeling better again.:hug:

SASSY...I pay most of our stuff online too. I think we only have one or two things we send by mail. Be careful in the ice.:hug:

Sassy_Chick
02-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Hey Michelle,

Yes the internet is a life saver, esp for us, working our "crazy" shifts we do! Saves us a lot of time! ;)

Love the pic of Oreo, how is she doing?????

Michelle
02-17-2007, 01:35 PM
SASSY...I love your new profile picture, it's so cute!!;) My younger DD went over to my older DD's house for awhile last night to spend some time with Oreo. She came home with marks all over her hands and arms, because Oreo is to feisty and wants to play all the time. She still runs around like crazy, even with being bandaged up, it's so funny.:p

FrouFrou
02-17-2007, 02:55 PM
Hello ladies...

MICHELLE...well, I am glad to hear that Oreo is fine. Bet she is so cute running around playing all the time. And thank you! You're a sweet lady too! :hug:

SASSY...I think I mostly check the mail everyday for another reason to get out of the house. In the winter time I seem to stay in more, probably too much. I feel like a caged animal sometimes that needs to get out! Hey, it's getting close...10 days of vacation, woohoo!

JULES...lol! I wish I could whip up some potions. I do hope you are feeling better.

Okay, no more witchy woman...too many comments about it and that wasn't my intention. Was just wanting something kind of silly. So now it is Halito which is Hello in choctaw-first DH was choctaw and the kids are half so...better get back to cleaning the house. Was taking a break and I think a too long break, lol. Having an open house tomorrow so want the house clean.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! Lots of hugs :hug: :hug: :hug:

Michelle
02-17-2007, 09:57 PM
CRISTINA...That's too bad that so many gave you a bad time with your name. I know others used to make comments when I changed my name, but it's not up to them and we need to like our names.:p I'm sure glad I have you ladies to come and talk with and that you're always welcoming to me and so kind and nice.:hug: I have been treated so terrible by a couple of ladies on another website, and it sometimes makes it hard for me to even want to go on that site anymore, as much as I love it there. I do have a lot of other friends there, but always seeing one of the ladies posting her booty off, makes it hard. They weren't understanding when I would get so down about my mom's passing, and when I would want to change my username, it made them mad, so them asked me not to stay in their group anymore. I could have purposely stayed in the group out of spite, but I chose to just leave so it would be easier on me. I don't know why people have to be so cruel to someone, and then run around the board being fake to others that she had talked bad about to me. Oh well, life goes on and I can't worry about them anymore. I hope you still had some relaxing time to yourself with all of your housecleaning.:hug:

jules1216
02-17-2007, 10:02 PM
Went to DH's grandpa's 96th bday it was great--he looks so good!! Hope everyone is having a great evening!!

Sassy_Chick
02-17-2007, 10:58 PM
Hey all,

Well we got some more snow, it just began snowing when we got off of work early this morning and it was still snowing when we got up today! We got a good 5-6 inches! Not a lot, but for here and for the few hours that is quite a bit.

Ice is still around. Here is the link if you would like to see pictures of the ice storm of our area, just click on Take a look at this weekend's photos from all over the area and you can flip through:

Ice Storm Photos (http://www.wlwt.com/news/10817529/detail.html)

Michelle, Thanks I know its technically not Easter or Spring yet, but I just thought the bunny was cute.......glad Oreo is still fiesty!

Cristina -- well we don't have to even go outside to get our mail, it is in our lobby of our building, but usually we don't go through the lobby, now that we got all the ice, we have been, so that is why we usually don't check the mail that often because we usually use the back door.........;) Too bad that people can't just leave people alone. I hope that I never said anything.....??? If I did I appologize, I know I did joke around a bit with your name, so sorry if it was taken the wrong way. :hug:

Hey Jules, :bday2you: to your Grandpa! Wow my Grandpa will also be 96 next month as well!!!!!!!!

Hope you all are having a Great Night!

Only 1 day 30 hours 1802 minutes 108171 seconds until Vacation! :woohoo:

FrouFrou
02-18-2007, 11:11 PM
Hello ladies...

First I have to say, me changing my username had nothing to do with you ladies. So no worries, and I don't mind the joking around. The name was meant to be silly, fun and something different. And, I am going to change it back to it, I actually do like it. And, I am quite the witch at times, lol.

MICHELLE...I am so sorry that those ladies did that. I can't imagine making someone quit because of changing a username or to be down about losing your mother, that is just horrible! :hug: :hug: And I totally understand about not wanting to talk sometimes. Glad you moved on because it didn't sound like they were true friends. I'm glad you are here with us. I like your ray of sunshine :) And I like that you change your avatar...it makes me want to change mine.

JULES...a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your (DH's) grandpa! Wow, to be 96...can you imagine how the world has changed in his lifetime? Hope you are feeling better.

SASSY...counting down the hours now are ya? Sounds like you guys are very excited and can't wait! Took a look at the pictures, wow! They are awesome, there's something so peaceful about the snow and the ice is so pretty, messy but pretty.

SUSAN...you're worrying me missy. I hope all is well with you and the girls. :hug:

Hi KATHY, KATY, & SusanNYC! :wave:

Well, all that hard work of cleaning this house and our open house was a bust! Not one person showed up, bummer. Oh well, onward and upward, or maybe onward and forward...I think. It was such a nice day too and we ended up at the park. Ernie dog loves his walks. Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. Take care ladies...tomorrow is a new day. :hug:

Michelle
02-19-2007, 12:48 AM
JULES...That's so nice that you got to go to your grandpa's 96th birthday part. My great grandma passed away two months before her big 100th birthday party, and she tried so hard to hang on. I'm so happy for you that you still have your grandpa.:hug:

SASSY...I'm counting down the last few hours with you!! I bet you can hardly stand the waiting!!:woohoo:

CRISTINA...I still do post on the other site, just not as much, but I notice how one of the ladies still tries to do something to get to me, but I won't allow her to anymore, NO WAY!!! I think it's fun to change my avatar once in awhile, and I really like the bright sunshine right now, it's just so happy and cheery. So sorry that today was a bust with the house, but atleast all of you and Ernie got to relax at the park. Oreo came over for a little while and she's just so darn cute!!:hug:

Sassy_Chick
02-19-2007, 03:26 AM
Thanks Ladies..........

I think my ticker is off, it says I have already "Left" for my vacation and I still have 1 hour and 30 minutes to go yet! lol. It also says I'm in Paradise. LOL. I wish! lol.

Michelle
02-19-2007, 11:39 AM
SASSY...Enjoy your time, relax, take it easy, and pretend you're in paradise.:yay:

Michelle
02-19-2007, 11:45 AM
CRISTINA...I just noticed that you put your other username back, good for you having what YOU want!!!;)

FrouFrou
02-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Hiya ladies...

MICHELLE...good for you for not letting that person get to you! I don't know why some people feel the need to harass other people. I'm beginning to think it is because they are miserable with their self so they have to make others miserable. I don't know :dunno: We did have a nice time at the park. What's funny is when we left I had a feeling that the open house was going to be a bust. I think people were out enjoying the nice weather since it's been so bad lately. How are you doing by the way? I like your avatars too and the sun one is a bright and happy one! I've been trying to find some witch ones and found a couple but nothing cute. I like the one up now for some reason though, lol. I like your new ticker!

SASSY...enjoy your vacation with DH! Do something fun for me! :)

Hi JULES, KATY, KATHY, SUSAN, SusanNYC :wave: Hoping all is well with you ladies.

Not much going on with me today. I did go to It Figures and did a one mile walk as well. I've got to get back on track with my exercise regardless of me feeling crappy. My body really feels it when I miss a day or two, or more. Of course when you are feeling bad and TOM is here it really makes it hard to want to do anything other than lay down. Anywho...I better get going. Need to jump in the shower. Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a good day! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Michelle
02-19-2007, 03:54 PM
CRISTINA...I agree that maybe others not doing good with themselves try to bring others down too, but I just know that I will not allow it to happen to me anymore with either of these ladies. I always like your avatars, because they have different little areas in them that move, and some turn different colors. Have a nice shower and a nice day. I'm feeling better today than yesterday, but still just kinda in a funk that I want out of!!:p :hug:

Sassy_Chick
02-20-2007, 07:57 AM
Good Morning Girls!

Awwwwww sitting here on my computer by the beach with the cool breeze softly blowing my hair...........Pedro has just brought me my healthy, but tasty breakfast and my suite has already been cleaned for the day.................

Okay back to reality! lol. It is supposed to be warm all week though! That is a plus! :D DH has a meeting with the Director of our building (its good) so we shall see what happens w/ that, he told hub he had a opportunity for him and its all good. Normally if this was just a Supervisor or Operations Manager, we wouldn't be so anxious, but this is coming from the Director of our building! He basically runs everything at our location, he only reports to the VP! So yes this could be a big opportunity I'm thinking! Why else would the Director offer an opportunity??!! Okay so I don't want to get my hopes up too big, but it could be a big opportunity for my DH, so I can't help but be a little excited!

We need to clean, but I'm not really too concerned about it. The dirt isn't going to magically get up and leave anytime soon! lolllllll. I didn't do a darn thing yesterday, but you know what? It felt good! I know that is lazy, but it did feel good!

Well I hope you all have a Great Day!

Now back to my "Vacation Land" and its time for my massage! lollllllllll.

Toodles!

Scuzin
02-21-2007, 12:42 PM
Quick check in!
Been off of work and therefore away from a computer so sorry I've been gone. Had a MAJOR binge weekend and I've been sick so no real exercise, however its LENT so that will be a big motivation.

See ya

jules1216
02-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Hey SusanNYC--it has been stressful at work so I went back on my anxiety pills and gained. I am going to have to find another way to deal with the stress. Not exercising due to sickness and weather has not helped either!! What are you giving up for lent?

Sassy--don't you wish sometimes you had the "I dream of Jeannie" blinking powers and "BAM" you have a clean house.....sigh...my little daydream.....

Michelle--hi like the sunshine--I am ready for spring!

Cristina--I like the flying monkeys avatar--DD had a shirt with that saying on it from Hot Topic when she was in high school--she still wears it now and then.

Katy & SuzyQ--miss you!

Well good night everyone!!

RosieKate
02-23-2007, 07:34 PM
Hi everyone
Been real busy getting our new floors installed - we love them! Had to move everything out of the way, computer included. Now everything is back in place and I'm posting away.

Looks like everyone is doing ok, from a quick glance at posts. We are well. I didn't gain with all the eating out. We ate out alot because the kitchen was inaccessible for a little while. Now, I am getting busy on losing - after all it's Lent already!

Hope you are all well

K

jules1216
02-25-2007, 11:31 AM
Hi to everyone!!!

Michelle
02-25-2007, 12:32 PM
:sunny: Good Morning Everyone ~~ Hope you have a great Sunday!!!:grouphug:

jules1216
02-25-2007, 02:21 PM
Six inches of snow so far this morning and no sign of letting up at this point--I am so ready for spring (spring and fall are my favorite seasons--love to watch everything change). Satellite TV is on the blink so I turned it off.

DS wants to start hiking on Saturdays again like we did when they were little. There's one trail near Harpers Ferry that I have never hiked so the first warm day that is not too muddy we are going!!

Hey Michelle!!

Scuzin
02-26-2007, 01:48 PM
hi! been away from work and therefore away from a computer...all is well! was sick but am finally getting over it and back into a routine.
Hope you all are doing well...check in later!

Michelle
02-26-2007, 02:35 PM
:wave: JULES & SCUZIN ~~ Hope you both have a great day!!!:hug: :hug:

FrouFrou
02-26-2007, 04:32 PM
Hello ladies...

WOOHOO KATY! New flooring! I bet your house is looking real nice! And WTG on not gaining while eating out! You are doing great! And can't wait to see pictures of your new house.

SusanNYC...hope you are feeling better. :hug:

SASSY...hope you are enjoying your vacation! Hope DH was offered a great opportunity...any news on that?

MICHELLE...how are you doing missy? And little miss Oreo? Josh called on his birthday last week and said...did you get a new puppy? I said not yet...we were waiting until we moved, just think it would be better. I am really wanting one though. We'll see...

JULES...I love that too, the flying monkeys, lol! Trying to find a bunch of witch avatars, haven't had much luck yet. How is your DD doing? And her boyfriend? Glad you guys are getting the snow and not us. Sorry, we've had our fill of it. I was at the mall and couldn't believe that their are still piles of it there-these are big piles of course but still...hope it finally stopped. I think hiking sounds like fun! I always enjoyed it. It's nice to be outdoors period.

SUSAN...are we going to have to come and get you missy? Hoping everything is well with you and the girls...haven't heard from you in a while and I am getting worried. :hug: :hug:

Well, I am not up too much today. Went and did a little shopping at the mall. Was good to get out. WW meeting is later today, at 5 and I am happy to say I am down 2 pounds! :carrot: I hope I can continue with 1-2 pounds a week for a while. We have 2 wedding coming up, one in June and one in Sept and I want to wear something really cute.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a GREAT day! :sunny:

Michelle
02-26-2007, 05:08 PM
CRISTINA...Great job with losing 2 pounds missy!!!:woohoo: I know you'll be in something cute by the weddings. So did you sell your house and buy another one now? If so, what's the new one like? Have fun today at your meeting and shopping. I've been doing okay, just still trying to get on track and actually stay there! Little Oreo is still in her mobilizer for another week, and back on meds for her cough again.:(

FrouFrou
02-26-2007, 05:36 PM
HI MICHELLE! :)

Thank you! :thanks: We haven't sold the house yet. The realtor is coming by with the offer tonight and I think there will be some counter offers. We have already found another house and are under contract on a contingency on the sale of this house. I don't really want to talk about it though...I am a little weird and think if I do or get excited about it I will jinx it and we will lose it, lol. DH did take pictures of it a while back and if/when we sale this one I will post them for you to see. You'll get on track, I have faith in you. :hug: You're still dealing with a lot and it takes time, just don't get discouraged. Aaahhh, I wish Oreo wasn't go thru so much too. Poor little thing...that cough is just getting the best of her isn't it?

jules1216
02-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Quickie tonite...exhausted after spending almost six hours in the ER with hubby--tried to drill his hand--there is a hole clear through but he missed bone & tendon so he's lucky but sore.

Scuzin
02-27-2007, 09:10 AM
Morning

Cristina - congrats on the 2 pounds!!! Hope everything is ok after a night in the ER :S...keep us posted

Michelle - poor little oreo...hope she's getting better

I have a big fancy fund raiser to go to tonight and bus tables...its for the school one of my roommates works at...free food and drink though, should be fun. Couldn't run yesterday, or today...can't tomorrow...darn it.

FrouFrou
02-27-2007, 05:30 PM
Hello ladies...

SusanNYC...thank you! It was Jules who went to the er, lol. Hopefully, you can get some running in this week. But it sounds like you are staying busy. The fund raiser sounds like fun, hope you have a good time!

JULES...OUCH! Poor guy, hope he is feeling better. But I know that will hurt for a while. Hugs to your hubby :hug: :hug: :hug: Glad it missed the tendon and bone! Don't you hate the ER? I don't understand why it takes so long all the time. There's a heart hospital here that opened an ER now and they swear they will see you in 15 minutes...going to have to remember that if something comes up.

Hi MICHELLE...hope you are having a good day!

And you too KATY & SUSAN!

DH will be home in a few minutes and we are headed to REd Lobster for an early dinner. Then off to SAMS to stock up on water and a few other things.

Offer on the house, let's just say it's over, lol. Fizzled before it ever got started. Don't think those people were serious about it.

Went for a short walk at the park which felt good but I was a bit chilly for some reason. It's warm out but the wind is blowing so...when is it not? LOL

Hope all is well with you ladies in your little corner of the world. Chat with ya later gators! :hug: :hug:

Sassy_Chick
02-27-2007, 10:43 PM
Hola Chicas! ;)

Well Vacation is almost over........*sigh* I have tonight and tomorrow night, and then Thursday night its BACK TO WORK. :cry:

DH was a sweetie and was cleaning when I woke up, I mean serious cleaning girls! He even cleaned out the fridge! :yikes: It was very nice of him. ;)

Tomorrow we are supposed to go to the in-laws. Woohoo I'm so excited.......:p I know they are DH's parents and they really aren't terrible people, it's just the fact that we can NEVER go over to just visit. They ALWAYS want DH to do something for them, which DH or I do not mind, but it just makes us feel like that is the only reason why they have us over, KWIM?

Oh well may as well get it over with, maybe it won't be as bad as I'm making it out to be! lol.

Have a Great Day! :D

Anybody watching American Idol??? Who is your fav??

I like Chris Sligh and Sundance for the guys and Lakisha Jones and Jordin Sparks for the girls.......

jules1216
03-02-2007, 08:51 AM
Update on hubby--he missed tendon, bone and nerve. They didn't stitch it because they want to heal from the inside out. They are worried about infection and don't want him moving his thumb too much since the tunnel of a hole goes in the fleshy part hear his thumb and out through the "webbing" that connects your thumb to your hand. He still is not having hardly any pain which is good. The guy that was working with him said he thought it was harder in him than DH. DH simply reversed the drill and pulled it out and calmly told the guy to lower the lift he was in because he thought he drilled through his hand--all the coworker saw was the blood and he doesn't do well with blood so DH told him to sit down if he felt like passing out.

Sassy--hurry back--you are missed! I don't usually get into Idol until the final 12 but I have watched a few songs here and there, I really like the guy with the curly hair and glasses I love his voice.

SusanNYC--hubby is okay but really really bored--he is a hands on kind of guy and always in his garage tinkering. Are you suppossed to get more snow? It's pouring rain here but that will help melt the snow that won't go away and make everything a big muddy mess!!

Crisitina--they are actually talking about tearing down the old hospital we went to that has been there for years and build a new one but several people were saying that they should leave it and have two.

Michelle--I hope Oreo gets better soon and gets over having all her problems--it has to be hard on her cute little body!

SuzyQ--where are you......

Katy--We need pictures of the completed project!!

Off to do the Friday stuff-WW (I have missed several weeks--I'm bad!), grovery store, library, bank & post office!

jules1216
03-03-2007, 07:33 PM
Starting #22!! Hope to see you there!!