Old 01-16-2007, 01:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 184/184/135

Height: 5'1

Talking 6 Week Body Makeover -new To 3fc

HELLO EVERYONE!
i am new here,....well i always come to this website almost everyday but i have never registered!
so today me & my husband are starting the 6 week body makeover we are both body type C so i thought it may be easier to do it together!
has anyone tried it? any tips? i know several people who have done it and lost alot of weight...my problem is i never stay on anything to actually see if i can loose the weight..lol
i am hoping to loose about 40lbs at least!
anyone else doing this diet...i will definetly need the support!
smurfete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 01:18 PM   #2  
Am I there yet?

S/C/G: 205/197/130

Height: 5'5"

Hi Smurf! Welcome!

I tried the 6 Week Body Makeover last summer. I did lose about 5 lbs my first week but I quickly fell off the wagon after about 3 weeks. It is a lot of prep work and you spend a lot of time in the kitchen making meals. Plus I got tired of eating the same thing every day, and the food was so bland.

BUT a lot of people have had success on it. My sis in law has lost about 80 lbs and is still going, so for her it worked really well! I guess it's just up to you and your personality!

Good luck!
2Fat4myJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 01:25 PM   #3  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

If you do a search for "Michael Thurmond" you'll find several 3FC threads about the plan with a wide array of opinions, though generally people agree it's one of the more food-restrictive plans out there. People who manage to stick with it see pretty decent results, whereas others knew from the get-go that it's not for them.

Regardless g'luck, and remember to save the box & invoice in case you decide to return it.
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 10:09 PM   #4  
Pending Email Confirmation

I do suggest you do your research... you'll see that there are a lot of opinions.. some of which are mine.
I found it to be extremely restrictive and difficult to do. I found that I wasn't getting enough food and at one point I almost passed out from hunger... and I quit doing it. At one point I was eating 1/8 a can of tuna on a lettuce leaf. It was not enough!
I lost some weight but i couldn't keep it up. The one thing about restricting your caloric intake that much is that you don't have to exercise to lose weight... which for me meant gaining it all back and more in the end.

On the plus side - I have heard that they redid the food plan so perhaps what I did 6 years ago is not what you will be doing. Good luck!
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:08 AM   #5  
Losing To Live

S/C/G: 289/266/140

Height: 5'5

I've never tried it, but good luck!

Maybe consider listing the reasons why you are wanting to lose the weight, post the lists everywhere, and just remind yourself constantly, "I know what that particular food I'm craving tastes like. I remember. I DO NOT NEED TO HAVE IT AGAIN."

Good luck!
martiniforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:18 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 184/184/135

Height: 5'1

thank you so much to all of you! you are right about the preparing, it takes time especially when 2 people are doing it. i feel motivated which is good. i did this diet about 3 months ago and quit after 2 days and went and had hot wings! lmao
my aunt motivates me beacuse she has lost about 35lbs in 3 months even with the holidays.
today is the 2nd day whew it wasn't to bad. i don't find that i am hungry at times the food is a tad bland! i am use to seasoned food and i love to cook & entertain (which noramlly consits of cocktails!) so thats my problem.
i wish there was that magic pill to just take and loose what you want! lol!
i know i need to exercise but find myself being lazy! are there any other diets anyone recomends?
smurfete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:32 PM   #7  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiniforme View Post
just remind yourself constantly, "I know what that particular food I'm craving tastes like. I remember. I DO NOT NEED TO HAVE IT AGAIN."
This is so true! And sometimes it helps me.........because after all, eating [fill in the blank] only lasts a few minutes anyway. But if you keep on imagining you can have a bit of that which you crave for hours throughout the day.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

Really the only way to see if a program works is to try it for yourself, because every person is so different, and we all respond differently to different programs. It's all trial and error. Good luck!
LaBonita is offline   Reply With Quote