Exercise! - Hula Hooping?

View Full Version : Hula Hooping?

WLC
01-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Has anyone lost weight by hula hooping for exercise? I just bought a hula hoop the other day to combat exercise boredom and am wondering if this is a good exercise.

lumifan4ever
01-16-2007, 08:59 AM
I don't know but i just saw a segment on some entertainment show that hula hooping it the biggest excersize crazy right now. I can't hula hoop no matter how hard I try, so last night i just decided to pretend that i am doing it. i did it for 15 minutes. I'm going to try to do that every night and see if I see any results. hula hooping is suppose to be great for toning up the core abdominal and back muscles, so i guess as long as i pretend i have a hula hoop, i should get the same benefits.....oh, and the teacher was asked if she saw any results and she said within a month she saw some results. so, give it 30 days to see if you notice any thing. :-) hope that helps!!

Ilene
01-18-2007, 09:13 AM
Doing something like Hula Hooping is better than doing nothing. I think you should do something else though like walking, exercise tapes, rubber band workouts for variety, because eventually your body will reach a plateau from doing the same exercise all the time...

almostheaven
01-18-2007, 07:35 PM
I recently cancelled my Curves membership because I have no one to watch the baby and was just paying and not able to actually use the memberhip for the longest time. But when I was going, I started doing their weighted hoop after my circuit training. One of the workers there told me that if you did their hoop for 5 minutes the 3 times a week you were supposed to be there, that you could lose 2 inches from your waist. Well, I must've hooped too low, cause I lost 2 inches from my hips! LOL I never could hoola hoop until I started doing the weighted one. It was easier to keep around my waist. After doing that for about a month, I found I could keep my regular $1.99 hoop on my waist. So I do it now at home.