Old 01-15-2007, 03:33 PM   #1  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Default Weekly Chat 01/015-01/21

Sooo.. I didn`t see this thread started yet. for starting my first weekly chat thread!

This weekend was a bust for me. Once again ex's and drinking made me feel pretty crappy. I'm trying to move on this week and I'm considering taking a one month vacation from guys. I don't know how well that is going to work since that is my #1 hobby recently.

This week I'm excited about starting classes and getting back into a normal routine with working out, eating, etc.

Happy Monday Ladies!!
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday to you too! I would really love a big hamburger pizza from Papa John's. I just thought I would share that with everyone..lol.

Goodluck with getting back into the school-groove. I will be heading back too, but I'm doing 4 online classes. I hope it isn't too hard for me.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:42 PM   #3  
Proud Marine Wife

S/C/G: 201.5/199/150

Height: 5'7"

Happy Monday! My weekend went totally off, getting in about 5000 calories (yikes!) but I'm getting back in track. I should be around 1700 calories today so I'm already getting right back on track. Pizza sounds so good...my sister in law is having that tonight. mmm Papa John's, he is a genius. Good job getting your classes started, and keeping those going! A break from guys sounds good too...I wish I could do that sometimes and I'm married so I guess it would be a break from guy haha. This is going to be a great week though, I just know it I love that carrot... and the banana
TracyFAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:43 PM   #4  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

S/C/G: 262/198/160

8,833 steps. So, A lot of the employees at Spencer's/friends got together for a dinner. And we went to Texas Roadhouse. I got in there, looked at the menu...found NOTHING that appealed to me WHATSOEVER, and they had no Low-Calorie options. So, I was sitting there, watching everyone butter up greasy looking buttered bread and eating it...and then decided I was going to order a rum and coke, which I did..and I didn't order anything to eat. I decided to go outside for a cigarette..and I called my sissy..and walked around the restraunt three times...and decided to hop into the car and go up the street to subway. Ordered me a sub, and ate it in the car while everyone else was eating fatty food. Where mine only had 6 grams of fat, so they say. lol. Went in, finished my drink..and they all thought I was mad or something. So...by then I was not even close to my daily intake of calories..and we were having a party afterwards for the L Word so I decided to treat myself. I had some green pepper slices, celery, carrots, crackers w/ cheese. two peices of small pepperoni & salami, a spoonfull of mixed nuts, a few scoop chips, and a vanilla twist roll..which was very sweet...I didn't eat anything else, and I am positive that I didn't go over my calories fo rthe day..and that makes me happy. I didn't mess up, and I felt good knowing I had a healthy dinner so that I could treat myself later.

Also, at Kroger...after I had picked up my friend Noelle for the party we stopped by Kroger and while I was getting the cheese this guy and his wife were behind me..and all of a sudden I heard..eeEewWWww...kind of like a moo'ing noise and then he said don't they have FAT free? and then his wife was like..honey..be nice...and then he said what about reduced FAT, and I was like...pshh..got the other cheese and walked away, didn't even look back. But, the fact that his wife said for him to be nice made me very sure that he was talking to me.

It hurt, yes. But, It gives me even more motivation to get this weight off because I am so tired of the indirect, and direct insults that I have recieved over the years. And I am ready to be healthy & look great.
muzikjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:56 PM   #5  
Proud Marine Wife

I would have lost it and said something...my husband hates it when I do it, but I cannot stand rude people and I'm not afraid to say something, either loud enough for them to hear and comment to Tim or just right to their face. Congrats on walking away. I hate it when people think they're better because they don't have to deal with their weight..but that's okay, we know we are kind people that care, we don't have to insult others. Who wants flavorless cheese anyways? I bet they've never tried the reduced- or no-calorie cheese. It's like eating a piece of water with color and a funky texture. One guy in San Diego called me the b word when I walked by his stand at the mall because he was trying to sell his cell phone crap and I said "we're not interested" and kept walking. Tim held me back haha! I was about to be out for blood..
I'm going to keep what you did in mind for next weekend when he wants to eat burgers, hopefully we can go somewhere with good deli sandwiches so we can have less fat and calories. Of course, I could also NOT order the burgers at a restaurant where they have better choices
Old 01-15-2007, 06:10 PM   #6  
Stacey

S/C/G: 173.5/143/130

Height: 5'4''

I did not do well this weekend. I went to turn in my graduate application at EMU and my mom and I had decided to be "bad" and we stopped at Chilis for lunch. Instead of getting on track after that meal, I continued to eat badly the next day too. Now it is Monday and I have the day off work for the holiday but I was able to rein myself in and do well. I was contemplating not working out, but dragged my butt off the couch and went to a turbo kick class I cannot attend due to my work schedule. So I feel confident about the week now that I kick started it today. I plan to do well up until my mom's birthday on the 29th and even then just have one "bad" meal and birthday cake. If anyone has a way to get through the weekends without eating poorly PLEAS let me know... that is my downfall!!! I hope everyone has a great week!
Think Thin Be Thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 06:23 PM   #7  
Proud Marine Wife

The weekends are always so hard...but try doing something that doesn't seem like exercise and if you eat out, make sure you get a salad to start and remember to go for the healthy choices, but if you can't, at least the salad will take some of the stomach space. I heard once that when you go out, you can ask your server to go ahead and box half your meal. If that seems strange, like I did, I just use the mentality and I will only eat half my meal and box the rest when I'm done. It's hard sometimes, but just remember what a difference it will make on the scale if you don't. As for exercise, go to the mall or a big store or something and walk around. You don't have to walk fast or anything, just make sure you do a lap or two around and spend a good amount of time. Every little bit counts. It's like what MuzikJunky did at the restaurant when she took a walk around the building then got something healthy while everyone else ate. I just have to convince my husband that burgers every weekend just isn't a good idea, unless I can make them myself to know exactly how much fat is in it and how big each one is. And I just realized it, his birthday and Valentine's Day are only 4 days apart so that's 2 days I could really damage myself! Oh man...looks like I might be doing some extra exercise. What am I going to get him...and make him for dinner...
Old 01-16-2007, 11:09 AM   #8  
Proud Marine Wife

I swear nature is against me. As soon as I walked out the door for my walk, it started a light wispy snow. Then it got a little heavier, it was windy and it's a whopping 38 degrees with a windchill of 28. So much for a 20% chance of precipitation. It's so cold I thought my body was going to freeze in the middle of walking...but instead of giving up with my first lap, I decided to face it and do the second to get my 45 minutes of walking 2.75 miles in. And now my butt won't leave the house for the rest of the day
Old 01-16-2007, 11:39 AM   #9  
ljd

S/C/G: 172/141.5/120

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! This may or may not be my first foray into the weekly chat thread...I can't keep track anymore.

So I spent the weekend in Las Vegas. After losing all through Nov and Dec through sheer will power, I go to Vegas and promptly drink my weight in alcohol and am up 2.5 pounds from where I was before the weekend. I wasn't even eating all the much, and I was walking around a fair amount, but there really is no way I can burn that many calories pacing the strip.

That said, it was a great weekend (I saw Britney Spears at a club! Great mom, that one.) and I broke even, which, in Vegas, means that I beat the house. So yay!

Also, while there, I had a long conversation with one of my guy friends who politely brought up the weight loss (he didn't know that I was on a "diet"). He told me that he was really proud of me, and that meant a lot more coming from him. He lost 200 pounds during college, and he understands the work and sacrifice that occasionally has to go into weight loss; though obviously, I'm not at the same place he was. This is unlike my other friends who are all very thin/in shape and are excited for my weight loss, but probably don't understand why I didn't start earlier.

Muzik: that guy is a JERK. I do not understanding people who feel the need to get into others' business!
ljd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 11:50 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Muzik, that was so incredibly rude of him. I'm sorry you had to put up with that. It makes no sense to me that people think anyone else's appearance is their business. What a jerk. If my SO said anything like that I'd cause a scene... I feel bad for his girlfriend. Good for you for getting what you wanted anyway.. and transferring the anger into motivation
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 02:09 PM   #11  
Living the Laguna life...

Hi guys!
I hope everyone is having a fantastic week so far. I am super busy at work today, but I needed to come on here and get some “stuff” out…I have been trying to lose weight this whole month totally unsuccessfully..I think I’ve actually gained weight (just a little bit) since the beginning of January. I was getting so down on myself last week b/c I couldn’t figure out what I was doing wrong. Then I started thinking about my eating behavior over the past week, Tuesday to Tuesday. And I realized that even though I thought I was on a diet, I could remember at least one really bad eating experience diet-wise (i.e., eating when I got home late at night when I should have just gone to bed, having cookies instead of something healthy as a snack, etc.) on most of those days. So really, even though I’ve been expecting to lose weight, I haven’t really changed my behavior!! With five months left and 15 pounds left that I want to lose, I really need to start doing something different! My coworker told me about this diet she read in Fitness awhile ago – it’s not really a diet, but it’s more like an eating plan. You have 4 servings of whole grains, 4 servings of protein, 3 servings of fruit, 3 servings of dairy, and unlimited veggies. What do you guys think? A serving = about 100 calories from what I can tell. Anyway let me know what you think..I would greatly appreciate your wisdom

Michelle
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 02:10 PM   #12  
I £øve ®ºcK MüZïk

S/C/G: 262/198/160

So, I was suppose to exercise on the treadmill yesterday, and I didn't wake up. I figured since I was going to be at work from 5pm-3am...then I would sleep until 1-2pm. I still kept in my calorie range though, both days. and all together walked 21,391 steps at both jobs, etc. So, hopefully I made up for it somehow. I didn't wake up until 1:15pm today also. I will get back on track. Spencer's doesn't need me anymore until after Valentines Day for more floor moves, so. I will get on the treadmill tonight for 30 minutes, I've just decided. Even though I don't feel like it..I need to! I can keep this up, and I will!

Hope all of you are having a great day! Have to get to work!
muzikjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 02:26 PM   #13  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Hey look at me I am a calorie countin fool once again. nuff said

lizzie - seems to be the month for giving thing up lol. I am on a shopping hiatus for one month. Don't let guys get you down girl!

sgregg - Online classes are the best cannot beat going in your pj's!

tracy - Your so positive girly, keep it up. nice to meet you btw, I dont think I have said hi yet!

muzik - That is terrible about the cheese. Some peoples children ya know? Don't worry they will get what is coming to them, I am a firm believer in what goes around comes around.

modkttn - yay thats awesome 4 lbs! Jealous hehe.

think - Sometimes all it takes is a great workout to just put you back on the straight and narrow.
Turbo kickboxing sounds fun.

ljd - I dont think we have met! HELLO!

michelle - I know what you mean about being on the non dieting diet rofl. You will get right back into the swing of things hun. that fitness diet sounds restrictive...
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:15 PM   #14  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Lizzie- everytime I ever said I was taking a break from guys, it just made me even MORE boy crazy than I naturally am! What a double edged sword! Glad you are getting back into the routine, though

Stacey- The only thing that has helped curb the weekend munchies is working out. I never used to workout on weekends, but now my BF and I go together and it helps curb the temptation to blow it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Michelle- unlimited veggies? You know I'm all for it. Really, it sounds very balanced and like a good "plan". I do that too... I will decide in my mind to lose weight and then 3 weeks later I look back at what I was doing and go "well, it's no wonder I'm up 3 pounds!" You sound like you're getting back on track though.

Stephanie- I swear it's so crazy right now the threat of that 5k is the only thing keeping me on track!

It is crazy right now. Classes have started back up and after a a break, it feels good to be "school busy" again (although I would much rather be done). I auditioned for the top ensemble on campus, which isn't even part of my university- and won. I'm on cloud 9. Gory details in blog I've been really good about sticking to my normal schedule with eating and working out in anticipation of things being shaken up with leaving my job so hopefully that will ease me back into my routine later on this week. And then I'm going to party like a rockstar in celebration of my 25th birthday, my new position in the ensemble, and leaving my job! I haven't thrown a proper party in forever and the owner of this cafe that specializes in drag queen waiters has agreed to rent me his space!

Ugh! I wish this snow and cold would go away. That's why I live in Denver, so I don't have to deal with this. I miss my outdoor runs The gym is a pain in the butt!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:42 PM   #15  
Living the Laguna life...

thanks for the feedback everyone...it is restrictive, steph, but i think that's better for me. i have found if i count calories i tend to skimp on nutritious stuff so that i have enough calories for dessert! i am going to try it for the next few days and see how it goes..luckily my coworker is getting back onto the diet, so we are going to stick together on it i know jen - unlimited veggies!!! i LOVE veggies to, so i'm happy congratulations on the ensemble!!! that's amazing! and here you thought you wouldn't get it
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote