100 lb. Club - A personal victory!

View Full Version : A personal victory!

LondonJulz
01-15-2007, 02:55 PM
This may seem really small, but to me, it is a HUGE deal!!!!

2 victories in 1 meal -

I decided to have some oatmeal as lunch. Growing up, we'd use the instant oatmeal. We'd boil water on the stove and mix it in with the dried oats. Well..... today I decided to make it in the microwave..... using milk. I found this makes it fluffier and makes it look like you have a LOT in your bowl. So, I normally have 3 - 3 1/2 pkgs (which would be about 480 calories, using the flavored oatmeal - this not including extra sugar and butter), today, I only made one pack and it filled me up. Including the milk in the oatmeal and the milk I drank and the oatmeal itsself - it was only 270 calories... this is HUGE to me!!!

ALSO - I normally add in brown sugar, butter, and salt..... today... I didn't add anything. This is also huge considering that I always have to have that extra sugar in there..... and to tell you the truth, it was more flavorful today then when I add all the other stuff.

Though I haven't seen a change on the scale yet (I think me being on anti-depressants is hindering the weight loss a bit) - I feel so good about being able to make better decisions....:carrot: :dance: :cb: :dancer: :woo:

Julie

wchs2007
01-15-2007, 03:19 PM
Good job... I love oatmeal...
You will see it on the scales soon..
I took effxor last year and still lost weight.. But I was already dieting when the Dr. put me on it.. I was so scared I would gain.

MaWhit
01-15-2007, 03:19 PM
Nice work! Congrats!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-15-2007, 03:24 PM
Hi Julie, no, this is not small...this is great! I'm finding that this journey is full of the small steps. When you add them together, you've come a long way!

rockinrobin
01-15-2007, 03:30 PM
No, no, no, don't diminish this. This IS huge. Good for you. Have you considered putting some strawberries or blueberries in your oatmeal? Yummy.

And those good decisions will add up and you most certainly will see a difference in the scale. Keep it up!!!!

Mrs Quadcrew
01-15-2007, 03:32 PM
:carrot: You go girl!!! those are the steps that make the pounds go away!!!

boaterswife
01-15-2007, 03:40 PM
Ooooh, good for you! That is an awesome step forward! Remember also that even though you haven't seen the scale move just yet, that oatmeal is good for your heart, your blood pressure, your cholesterol.....the list is endless! Super job!

Jen415
01-15-2007, 05:15 PM
Great job, Julz! It's all babysteps!

CyberGypsy
01-15-2007, 05:41 PM
Oatmeal is my secret weight loss item. I eat it once a day sometime twice and the pounds are just melting off...I refuse to own a microwave.....so i use the long cooking and use raw sugar on honey to sweeten it :)

Casey4
01-15-2007, 06:19 PM
That is just a great job!!!!! Every change we make gets us closer to our goal!
:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Chunky Teacher
01-15-2007, 07:30 PM
Great job!!!!

Monkeybabies
01-15-2007, 08:24 PM
This is a huge victory. As a child I used to eat the instant oat meal....so it was hard for me to switch over to regular oat meal. Then I switched to Irish oat meal and steel cuts oats. So, I know how hard it is to make the change. YEAH!

Nancydream
01-15-2007, 11:25 PM
Awesome, Julie!!! Hey, without the little victories, there'd be no big ones!

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: