Old 01-15-2007, 09:27 AM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life - Week of Jan 15/07

Good morning everyone! It's very pretty here today--another day in the 80s. It sure has been warm, but not as humid as it was last week.

I had a good weekend. Sang in a show on Friday that was well-received. Went to Pilates class on Saturday--tough! Attended a play on Saturday night with DH. Then on Sunday, I went out and bought one of those Sleep Number beds. DH and I are always tossing and turning, then waking up with soreness. I hope this bed helps.

Food-wise I was pretty much OP. I got my water and exercise in.

Susan, for our challenge, is our weigh-in day Wednesday?

How was the weekend to everyone else?
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 09:37 AM   #2  

Hi Lisa.

I had an uneventful weekend, and I've decided that will be the last one for a while. I need to start making plans so that I don't find myself alone and moping around the house from Friday nite til Monday morning.

Stayed OP til last nite when I had a run-in with some pretzels and hard candy. I resolve to do better today.

I have picked Wednesday as my weigh-in, just because that's where I started last week. Does that work for everyone else?

Susan
Seasaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:02 AM   #3  

Hi ladies,

It rained all weekend and it is continuing today...YUCK... at least it's not snow. Yeah PAtriots, a big win last night. Hope they make it to the Bowl!
Other than football last night not too much going on this weekend. Had a little get together for Mom's birthday, she turned 71 and is doing really well Kind of quiet at work today with the MLK holiday.

Susan sorry the second date didn't work out so well. Sometimes it takes a while to find the right match. Good idea to keep your weekends planned out, although this time of year is so dreary it's hard to do that. It's just a quiet time of year. You mentioned a few weeks ago that you were going to try and see the movie The Queen...did you see it? We almost went this weekend and I was wondering how it was.

Lisa the Wednesday weigh ins work for me because that's the day I weigh in at work for the Winter Melt Down. The meltdown is an 8 week program where you form a team of 4 and try to loose 5% of your body weight by March 2nd. If your team does that each member gets her $20 registration fee back and can win various "prizes". This year the support center (where I work) has 20 teams and the stores have over 70 teams. It's really fun and you get the support of your team!

I had a really good weekend in terms of eating. I've been OP for 2 weeks now and I'm really hoping for another nice little loss on Wednesday. Have a nice Monday ladies....talk to you later.
McHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 01:23 PM   #4  

Susan, Girl, you need to get out of the house! I like to go to plays and movies, so whenever I can, I do that. Pam is right, it's a quiet time of year. I'm enjoying the break I took from being in a play. I have some house things I need to work on.

Pam,The winter meltdown sounds just great. How wonderful to be doing it with your team. Your company is progressive to have that going. Everyone benefits though when folks are healthy, don't you agree? Yes, your Patriots did well yesterday; it was a good game. I still don't know who will be in the Super Bowl. I think any of them could be there.

I heard bad weather is headed your way. Stay warm.

Hello Melissa, Karenlyn, lala, Austingal, Liz, and anyone else lurking.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:25 PM   #5  

Whoops, sorry Karynlee, I spelled your name wrong.

Wednesday is fine with me for weigh-in. I hope I show some pounds coming off. I feel a little thinner, but still a ways to go.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:12 AM   #6  

Good morning everyone.

It's winter here - finally. We got some snow mixed with freezing rain yesterday and it's supposed to get much colder today. Roads aren't very good and some schools are closed today. Feels like the Great White North again.

I've kinda fallen off the wagon as far as eating correctly is concerned. I am thinking seriously about going back to WW meetings and regular weigh-ins; maybe not every week but certainly twice a month at least. I think that may be the jolt I need to gain some momentum. I do okay for a few days then just seem to lose my resolve, and I won't get anywhere at this rate.

So, am kinda dreading tomorrow's weigh-in but I know that this challenge is exactly what I need to kick-start things again.

Lisa: Yes, I do need to get out of the house. I just have to get over the aversion I have to doing everything alone. Maybe instead of trying to meet men on the internet I should advertise for some activity partners of the female variety.

Pam: I didn't see The Queen as planned. As a matter of fact, I don't know if it's still playing here or not. I should check it out as that is one movie I'd like to take in on the big screen.

I'll check in later. Hi to Melissa, lala.

Susan
Old 01-16-2007, 08:25 AM   #7  

That's OK, Domina (is it Lisa?)! Karenlyn's a very pretty name (and it was darn close!) AND it was just nice for you to include me. Thanks!

KarynLee
karynlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:14 AM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, ladies! It was nice to have a long weekend.

Lisa: No warm weather here...it's 26 this morning and snow is on the way. I was just glad I didn't wake up to icy roads like the midwest!

KarynLee!! Feel free to jump in--we're all in different spots in our maintenance.

Wednesdays work good for me for our WI day since that's my regular meeting day and I WI each week.

Susan: You may want to consider just attending every other week to get back on track--the meetings really help me. I had an old LT member come back to meetings because she said she saw me out walking and inspired her to come back. It made me feel good. The weather here has turned colder and we're supposed to be getting some snow but only 1-3" along the lakeshore; I think inland theyr'e going to get more.

Pam: The snow/cold is headed your way. We had rain all weekend and yesterday it pretty much poured here. This morning it's cold but so far no accumulation of snow.

I had a pretty good eating weekend--still not feeling my best. TOM arrived 4 days early and it's been a doozy, I'm not sure if it's because I'm not feeling good or if there's something else going on. In any case, my eating has been okay.

We went to the wedding on Saturday and had a great time--I stuck with white wine spritzers so that worked out really well. It was a sit down dinner and the fish that I ordered was delicious. The portions were just the right size so it wasn't bad at all.

What I didn't do a whole lot of yesterday was drink my water so I'm working on that today

Hope everyone is staying warm & dry!
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 12:26 PM   #9  

Hi ladies,

It's getting down right cold here, suppose to be in the single digits tonight and only up to 20 tomorrow BRRRRRR. No snow yet even though the weathermen said we would have some this morning. We have not even had a dusting of snow all winter, very unusual but very nice

Melissa glad you enjoyed the wedding and your 3 day weekend. Has your son and his fiancee set a date yet for their wedding?
What a nice compliment from the WW member who saw you walking. There are many times I am inspired by your posts. You are always very encouraging and have a great WW attitude. I'm sure you help more people than you realize with their weight loss "journey".

Hi Karynlee sorry I missed your post last week. Your stats look great! Keep up the good work and join us when you can!

Susan When I was single I found a great way to meet people was by taking adult education classes. I began working on my masters degree and also signed up for Dale Carnegie courses to help with public speaking. I met a lot of interesting people and am still friends with some of them today (almost 10 years later)!

Lisa yes I'm very fortunate that the company I work for is very progressive in the area of employee health and fitness. We have a great fitness center, we hold weight watchers at work, smoking cessation classes and many other health related seminars.
I'm not sure who will be in the super bowl either...this weekend will be interesting!

Well ladies time for me to get some lunch. Have a great day and try to stay warm!
Old 01-16-2007, 12:52 PM   #10  

Welcome Karynlee. I love your little black dress transformation photos. You look mahvelous dahling.

Susan
Old 01-16-2007, 04:55 PM   #11  

Pam, brrr is right--stay warm. Your company sounds great!

Susan, as Pam said, it's good to join some groups. That's easy for me to say as I am a joiner. I've been in some type of organization most of my life. I like being with people. As you know I'm involved in community theater, so I've made many acquaintances that way. I also have a friend from work and some from church.

Melissa, You have been an inspiration to me ever since I joined this board. You made good choices at the wedding--great!

Karynlee, I enjoyed your little black dress transformation, too. I can't believe how much your face changed. You're a pretty lady.

Well, I'm doing good at being OP, but tomorrow's WI will tell the tale. Let's all keep our fingers crossed.

It's supposed to cool off a little here tomorrow--10-15 degrees.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:05 AM   #12  

Woo-hoo, I already made it to goal. It's probably all water, but I'll take it. Thanks, Susan, for giving me the jumpstart I needed. Now if I can figure out how to change the tracker.

I've started another goal.

Starting weight: 173
Current weight: 168
Goal weight: 163 (another 5)

Karynlee, I forgot to answer your question yesterday. Domina is my forum name and Lisa is my real name. My hobby is community theater and one of my favorite roles was Domina in A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:05 AM   #13  

Hmmm. I'm up a pound. What's wrong with this picture??

Congrats Lisa for an awesome week. I will now take my inspiration from you.

Changing the tracker not the issue for me...it's getting it moving in the other direction...

Susan
Old 01-17-2007, 11:15 AM   #14  

Good morning everyone!

Hurray, Lisa, for meeting your goal and going after another one! Oh, and that's very cool that you're involved in theatre. I was never brave enough to act, but singing is a big part of my life.

Thanks Susan and Lisa for your compliments. Those pictures were fun to put together.

Here's a quickie bio to give you an idea where I am in maintenance... In 2002, I lost down to my goal weight on my own. Since then, "maintenance" has been quite the roller coaster ride. My weight never stayed stable. I'd gain 10-15 lbs in the summer (over vacations and whatnot), lose it in the fall, gain it back over the holidays, lose it from Jan-May and then start all over again. VERY frustrating.

I joined Weight Watchers last August to lose my typical summer weight. I felt like I needed more accountability in my plan. I lost the weight and then, for the first time (maybe in my entire life), my weight stayed stable through the holidays. I'm so happy to be in my maintenance range in January - unheard of for me. I'm beginning to think that WW is going to be key in my efforts to keep off that roller coaster once and for all. The weigh-ins every Saturday totally keep me focused and on track. I'm lovin' it. WW has also helped tame the bingeing beast in me. I take Saturdays as my "day off" (I eat what I want in moderation) and I've been able to do that without triggering a binge - huge for me.

I read and post regularly over at the Maintainers' forum, but I wanted to join you girls here because I'm SO very thankful and excited about WW and I'm really anxious to hit lifetime - on Jan. 27th if all goes as planned.

Not sure if this qualifies as a "quick" bio, but there you go. My story. I'm happy to be here... you girls seem like a very nice bunch. Thanks VERY much for making me feel so welcome.
karynlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:10 PM   #15  

Hi Ladies,

Well my weight stayed exactly the same. I was hoping for a small loss but after my big loss last week I wasn't too optimistic. Anyway I'm not going to dwell on it...next week will be better!

Lisa CONGRATULATIONS....that is awesome!

KarynLee thanks for the bio. You're on the right track. Your picture is fabulous you should be proud of your accomplishment!

Susan next week our trackers will move in the right direction

Hi Melissa and lala

Well ladies I'm super busy today so I should get going. Talk to you later.