100 lb. Club - :) My Daily Commitments: Week of Jan 15 thru Jan 21

GirlyGirlSebas
01-15-2007, 09:47 AM
Good morning, Everyone. Hope you had a great weekend.

Today's commitments - exactly same as yesterday.
1) Still going for the water commitment.. eventually, I'll get the 8 glasses in.
2) Eat all meals and snacks - my schedule gets thrown off on the weekends. Sleeping in didnt help, I'm sure.
3) Exercise - minimum of 60 minutes.

I did great on eating on-plan...of course, getting all my water is still an issue for me and I ended up taking yesterday off from exercising. I decided I needed a day to rest up.

Today's commitments -
1) Water...8 glasses
2) Stay on schedule with meals and snacks to control blood sugar.
3) Exercise - 60 minutes of some form of cardio - Plan on starting the weight machines at the Y today. Wanted to get through my weigh-in this morning before I start building muscles. We go to Disneyworld in 2 1/2 more weeks and I want strong legs for walking and getting in and out of the rides. Last time we went was a revelation to me....thats when I decided to start this journey to a thinner healthier me.

Nancydream
01-15-2007, 11:30 AM
Good morning, Rhonda & everyone -

Rhonda - Disney World is quite a motivator! Keep up the good work! :cp:

My commitment is also the same as yesterday, in fact, will most likely be similar most days...

1) Drink 64 oz water
2) Stay between 1800-2000 calories
3) Reduce fat intake
4) Exercise at least 20 minutes

Here's to another successful day! :p

JennyWenny
01-15-2007, 11:44 AM
Good Morning :flow1:

My commitments will be the same for the week:

>Water, water, water
>Eat healthy snacks and lunch and supper
>Go to gym and walk for at least 40 min.
>Stay positive and don't expect immediate results.

HottieInHiding
01-15-2007, 12:19 PM
Ooh this looks like what I need!

My commitment for this week - my 2nd week.

Add exercise. Make it to the gym or work out for 30-45 minutes at home 3 times this week.

It's small and simple... but I need to take it slow and not overwhelm myself.

LostBombera
01-15-2007, 01:59 PM
Morning chickadees

A new week and a new day and so glad you all are here

Rhonda, hang in there. does it matter to you whether the water is ice cold or not?? After I exercise I drink like 25-30 oz, but it has to be ice cold, but at night when I go to bed I take a glass of water but I like it to be room temp . . . yes I'm weird. Also when I am eating I take a swig between each bite, especially with bread type items. (Oh, a swig is something me and my sisters made up, it's bigger than a sip but smaller than a swallow) OK, I'm really weird

Jenny and Nancy, great goals, hang in there one day at a time.

Hottie - :welcome: I just finished week two . . . so I am right there with you, everyone here is sooo supportive. I too added exercise on week two and now I have sooooo much energy I don't know what to do with myself.

I faced my fear and hopped on the scale today . . . YEA!!! but I think every two weeks will work for me.

Goals: Water, eat healthy, crunches and 30 min exercise.

I did my first Yoga/Pilates workout today, 1 hour, not quite the cardio as the eliptical machine, but I sweated a little and plan to go to the Water aerobics at 6 tonight . . . I've never done that either . . . a whole new world opens up!!

OK, I'm done rambling . . . everyone have a great day!!

RitzyFritz
01-15-2007, 02:35 PM
I love reading this thread! I helps me to keep my own focus!

I do hope all of you had a chance to read the "you really can drink too much water" thread. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102137 It is very informative.

Have a great OP week everyone!

shelby897
01-15-2007, 03:04 PM
Mind if I jump in?

Okay, I would like to commit to:
Not weighing myself constantly!! I have, in the past, thrown the scales away because I can't stay off of them!! I want to weigh once a week (Monday sounds good!!)

Stay out of the kitchen -- can't be tempted if you can't see it!! No more cupboard browsing!!! I swear I check it out like it's Home Shoping Network, I need to treat it more like a junk yard!!!

Exercise, exercise, exercise.

famograham
01-15-2007, 03:06 PM
OK.....starting with some teeny tiny commitments for today.

I will visit my fitday account for the first time in a long while
I will log my cal's even if they are wayyy over
I will try to stay under 2000 calories

That's it for today
Starting very small to avoid feeling like a total failure

:hug:
Linda

GirlyGirlSebas
01-16-2007, 08:48 AM
Good morning, Everyone!

Today's commitments -
1) Water...8 glasses
2) Stay on schedule with meals and snacks to control blood sugar.
3) Exercise - 60 minutes of some form of cardio - Plan on starting the weight machines at the Y today. Wanted to get through my weigh-in this morning before I start building muscles. We go to Disneyworld in 2 1/2 more weeks and I want strong legs for walking and getting in and out of the rides. Last time we went was a revelation to me....thats when I decided to start this journey to a thinner healthier me.

Stayed on plan with meals yesterday. Tried another new recipe from the Southbeach cookbook. Yummy! Went to SAMS club and didnt touch the samples...and they had some neat stuff, but it wasnt on my plan. For some reason, I had no energy so only did 30 minutes of Walk Away The Pounds. The Y closed early due to the holiday, so that option was gone. Didn't drink much water, but not sure that's such an issue anymore after Howie's post about that news story! Wow, crazy. Hope everyone has a great day.

Today's commitments -
1) Exercise - 45 minutes of cardio
2) Eat all scheduled meals and snacks to keep metabolism from stalling.
3) Start taking a multi-vitamin each day.

shelby897
01-16-2007, 08:53 AM
Since I wasted a three day weekend by not sticking to my plan --

Today I will:
Eat my three meals and two snacks as planned.
Go to the gym for 1 hour.
Drink lots and lots of water.
Avoid snacks by keeping busy (god knows my house could always be cleaner)

Nancydream
01-16-2007, 10:13 AM
Morning, Ladies!

I stayed on my food plan yesterday (BIG YAY!) I was a little light on my water, and didn't exercise, but no worries. I'm moving on.

Today's commitment:

1) Stay between 1800 - 2000 calories
2) Keep fat % under 100
3) Keep sodium % under 100
4) Drink 64 oz water
5) Do some sort of exercise for at least 15 minutes (really tired this a.m.)

Keep up the good work! I'm so glad you're all here!!! :carrot:

Mrs Quadcrew
01-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Good morning ladies!! I have found I like the weekdays much better than the weekends these days. I have more structure on the weekdays!

1. do 2 - 30 minutes walks (one down, one to go!)
2. scrub the kitchen floor (hands and knees, NO mop!)
3. Listen to my body - and eat when I am hungry - stop when full!

NESunshine
01-16-2007, 11:29 AM
Morning Ladies....
well lets see...back to work today means back to strict watching...I let myself indulge a bit over the long weekend..but upped my work outs and actually managed to lose a pound....though my regular weigh in day isn't until tomorrow so nothing gets recorded today.

Yesterday it was POURING out and I had the day off!! So I spent the better part of the afternoon at the gym....probably close to 3 hours. I did a round of cardio...15-30 minutes each on the elliptical, treadmill, stair mill & bike then did a full round of weights...which was much needed since I've totally slacked on weight training for about 2 weeks now it seems. When I got home I did those abs that I always say I'm gonna do and never do!

I've gotten over my fear of the 'big' part of my gym...there is a 2nd floor with a small gym (used to be the womens only section) with just a few machines and a 30 minute express workout room. Then there is the 3rd floor...with all the weights and machines etc. I'm working out up there regularly! I got over my fear of the big stair mill this weekend....a real butt kicker...and even joined a virtual climbing challenge....then yesterday it was on to the weight machines and I tell you it was a great work out but I'm feeling it today! I was so tired I was out cold by like 8:00 last night and this morning when my alarm went off I was so asleep I actually tried to shut my alarm off with my tv remote that was on my bed.....i must've looked pretty funny! Anyway my arms are killing me today!

Lets see for today
1. water water water
2. back on the eating track...no more splurges like the weekend
3. gym or home workout (I really pushed myself yesterday and today I'm exhausted so I don't want to burn myself out....if I go to the gym it will be cardio only...no weights till Thursday to give my muscles time to recover and if its home I'll do one of my yoga tapes to stretch out.)

Sheila53
01-16-2007, 01:04 PM
My driveway was a sheet of ice this morning so I didn't even attempt to go to the gym. Not sticking to my usual routine often gets me way off track (like skipping exercise entirely and eating too much) so hopefully writing stuff down here will help.

Today I'm going to have lunch with a friend, and I am going to choose healthy foods and forego the "world's best brownie" that's advertised. I'm also going to either walk outside once the weather warms up to a balmy 36 degrees or try to find my WATP tape.

And I'm going to mop my kitchen and bathroom floors once I get off the computer. :)

Edited to say: My lunch companion flaked out on me (what's a little snow covering sheets of ice?) so I don't have to worry about that. And I mopped my floors already. Now I just have to find my WATP DVD--and hope the ice melts by the time I have to take my Dad to his dr. appt.

LostBombera
01-17-2007, 01:01 AM
Evening everyone;

Sounds like everyone had pretty good days yesterday;

RitzyFritz - just remember; "sticks of butter"
Shelby - I have the opposite problem, afraid to get on them, so I'm weighing every two weeks.
Linda - great job - it's all baby steps, at least that is what is working for me and having everyone here being so supportive
Christy - hang in there that first week is tough, you can do it!!!
rhonda - you are doing sooooooooo GREAT . . . I usually can't pass up those free taste testers at Sam's, or almost any grocery store these days . . . so I eat them and count them as my snack . . . UGH!!!
Nancy - great job on food, hang in there on the exercise, it will come tooo!!
Sheila and Mrs. Quadcrew - want to come scrub my floors ??? :rofl: PLEASE
Sunshine - way to conquer those fears, I'm proud of you!!

SwimGirl
01-17-2007, 02:43 AM
I wouldn't mind jumping in - I am really trying to get SUPER commited for the next 3 weeks and 4 days. I set a little goal for myself to stick to my plan for 4 weeks, I haven't figured out if i'll reward myself yet. I am too focused on staying on things.

My commitment for tomorrow, Wednesday.
1) eat all my planned and packed meals,
2) Drinking nothing but my coffee and water,
3) And finally, to be relaxed and calm throughout the day. I've been getting some funky headaches and stress is making them SO much worse.

Sheila - we got a little snow, but nothing like what you are dealing with! It's supposed to be warm the next week or so.. so that snow AND ice should be gone soon :)

-Aimee

shelby897
01-17-2007, 08:39 AM
Okay, I'm ready!! I've been visiting here for almost a week and I guess as of last night I'm really ready to join in. I've been faking it all week -- I've done good some days, horrible others. And, magically I still expect to lose weight. Everyone here is doing so well and sometimes still struggling like I am -- I guess I was hoping that I would develop the willpower of a super hero, but you know it's just one day at a time. I should have known buying my son brownies for his lunches was a bad idea!! As usual, he did not get one in his lunch today and doesn't even know they were here because I sat and ate them all last night -- stupid me!! Even my skinny family doesn't need that kind of junk anyway, so why do I bring it in the house??

So -- this is it -- I want to be a normal, nonplus size by the end of the year and it's going to take some serious work from me. Every year ends depressed but I just don't get there. This is definitely the one that's going to end with a big celebration!!!

Goals for today --
To make it to midnight without going off my plan
To get in my hour of exercise
To drop the soda and get my butt in gear drinking water
To relax and stop obsessing over what junk I can eat when no one is looking.
To come back to you guys whenever I'm having a rough time instead of heading for the kitchen.

Hope everyone has an amazing day.

DramaQueenLucy
01-17-2007, 08:39 AM
Okay, I'm ready!! I've been visiting here for almost a week and I guess as of last night I'm really ready to join in. I've been faking it all week -- I've done good some days, horrible others. And, magically I still expect to lose weight. Everyone here is doing so well and sometimes still struggling like I am -- I guess I was hoping that I would develop the willpower of a super hero, but you know it's just one day at a time. I should have known buying my son brownies for his lunches was a bad idea!! As usual, he did not get one in his lunch today and doesn't even know they were here because I sat and ate them all last night -- stupid me!! Even my skinny family doesn't need that kind of junk anyway, so why do I bring it in the house??

Just wanted to remind you that you are not alone...check out this thread
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99266

Just for today

1) I will stay out of the pity party trap
2) I will drink water
3) I will eat my planned meals
4) I will come here before breakfast, lunch & dinner to keep myself accountable for my actions.
5) I will look at and really see myself in the mirror or at my currant picture.
6) I will be good to myself....because I deserve it!!!!

Happy Healthy day to all.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-17-2007, 09:59 AM
Hello, Everyone! Hope you're having a great day with a lot of exercise! :D

Today's commitments -
1) Exercise - 45 minutes of cardio
2) Eat all scheduled meals and snacks to keep metabolism from stalling.
3) Start taking a multi-vitamin each day.

I've been feeling a little run down and blah for the last two days. Getting through my workouts has been really tough. But, I'm pushing through it! Not quitting!

Today's commitments -
1) Go to be early tonight and get 7-8 hours of sleep.
2) Take multivitamin
3) Eat all scheduled meals and snacks and measure everything. Make sure I'm eating enough!

Mrs Quadcrew
01-17-2007, 10:05 AM
My daily commitments:

1. Get my 30 minute walk in (done!)
2. Laundry looms over my head (actually in my basement) get up and down those stairs to get it done for this week!
3. Make out my grocery list (I want a permanent one and a weekly one)
4. Keep on keepin' on ~ it's WORKING!!

Nancydream
01-17-2007, 10:57 AM
Hi Shelby, Linda, RitzyFritz, Rhonda, Mrs Quad, NE, Sheila, LostBombera, Aimee and Lucy -

Thanks for being here!!! I love the support and determination, it helps LOTS.

I stayed to my food plan calorie-wise yesterday. I really need to come up with some good protein options that don't include eggs. Eggs totally blow my fat and cholesterol counts. I eat a fair amount of chicken and turkey, but run out of ideas for breakfast and packing lunch.

No exercise yesterday, but I'm going to take this slow. The biggest hurdle to get over was to get control back over my food. I've done that! I've had headaches all week, too, so I'm okay with not getting in the exercise until the weekend.

TODAY'S COMMITMENTS
Water - drink 64 oz
Food - stay between 1800-200 calories

YAY! We can do this!

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

DramaQueenLucy
01-17-2007, 11:22 AM
I stayed to my food plan calorie-wise yesterday. I really need to come up with some good protein options that don't include eggs. Eggs totally blow my fat and cholesterol counts. I eat a fair amount of chicken and turkey, but run out of ideas for breakfast and packing lunch.

I get the lean cuisines meals and bring those with me for lunch they are portion sized for me and are really good. Breakfast I really don't like eggs so I have special K with skim milk or yogurt and fruit some time I have a whole wheat english muffin with spray butter. btw I leave my lean cuisine meals out for about 4 hours each day before I nuke them and cut the mirco time in half. Hope this helps you some.

Hugs:hug:

bahecasmart
01-17-2007, 11:38 AM
My committments for today:
Drink my water
Go for a walk or do my pilates ball workout
Eat healthy meals and snacks as planned
Keep a food diary

NESunshine
01-17-2007, 11:44 AM
Alright...its only Wedneday and I"m ready for the weekend HA HA! I tell you the cold weather is getting me down...I know it could be worse and anyone who is stuck with the terrible ice storms I feel for you. I know they are thinking of closing our call centers in Houston and transferring the calls to my office for today at least cause of the weather. It must be really bad.....but jeez...old man frigid cold at least has knocked on our door here in Boston....the air temperature here is 8* and with the wind chill they say it feels like -24*....that is damn cold. I'm lucky my car started!

Anyway along with the weather is that feeling of getting a cold again...gosh I wish I would just actually get sick so I can just get over it and move on...that would be much better than this feeling of starting to get sick every couple of weeks with no actual sickness ever taking over. On top of that good old TOM decided to knock on my door this morning. I just can't win today! I got on the scale this morning and it shows me being up a pound...but I'm not gonna fret...when TOM is in town I tend to be bloated and retain water etc. so I'm going to take a free pass on the scale this week and just weigh in and record next week and stick to diet and exercise in the meantime.

Yesterday overall went well... I was right on with food. By the time I got to my car I realized that my gym bag had been sitting in it all day in the freezing cold...my pre-gym snack and water were frozen, and I didn't have a sweatshirt....so I ended up just going home and doing some yoga. I really needed a good stretch so that was good. I left the bag at home today and will just swing in to my apartment and get changed at home then go to the gym today.

Aside from getting to the gym today I'm also going to stick to my food (I've already opted out of going out to lunch today) drink a lot of tea, and not let the weather get me down!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-17-2007, 12:27 PM
I really need to come up with some good protein options that don't include eggs. Eggs totally blow my fat and cholesterol counts.
:

On the Southbeach diet, eggs are a big menu item for breakfast. I love eggs, unfortunately, I've developed an allergy. For my morning protein, I eat two pieces of turkey bacon. Sometimes, I'll have a smoothie made with silken tofu, soy milk, yogurt and some kind of sugar free flavoring. It is good that you are planning protein into your breakfast. Eating protein with your carbohydrates helps to keep your blood sugar steady...no quick rise then even quicker drop. This also will keep the metabolism moving and keep the brain sharp!

SwimGirl
01-18-2007, 12:30 AM
I stayed completely on plan today! I was SO tempted by some off plan drinks - namely evil evil coke!! But I stayed away, yay :) Also - no funky headaches, so life went pretty good today, now if TOM hadn't arrived it would nearly be a perfect day :)

Tomorrow is another day, so here's are my commitments for then..

1) stay on my food plan!
2) try and get a little exercise in, even if it's just walking around the mall on my lunch break
3) not to get discouraged by what the scale says, tomorrow is my weigh in, and with TOM, I'm not too sure how I'm going to do.

-Aimee

LostBombera
01-18-2007, 12:41 AM
Evening everyone;

:welcome: Swimgirl and Shelby . . . you all just hop in the wagon, there's plenty of room and are we in for the ride of our lives . . .

Nancy; I had headaches the first week or 10 days too, I think it was all those little creatures in my head SCREAMING for sugar . . . I must have had a lot, because I felt like I always had a headache, but I think most of them are dead because no more headaches. Thoughts on breakfast: maybe a whole wheat english muffin (toasted) with of wedge of the happy cow or smiling cow or laughing cow . . . never can remember the name with the turkey bacon on top, then you have a protien and carb like rhonda said, I don't know, just an idea

sunshine, I understand about the cold, winter finally came to Minnesota

Rhonda; hang in there, I had three days like that, pushed through it and seem to be better, at least for the moment. Way to go on doing your exercise any way!!

Everyone have a GREAT day, it's almost THURSDAY . . .

SwimGirl
01-18-2007, 03:17 AM
Oh, I have a pretty decent protein breakfast! I have been making these mock pancake things, they've got 4 egg whites, 1 egg, 1/4 cup of low fat ricotta cheese, 1 tsp vanilla, a dash of cinnamon and it calls for 1 package of splenda. You mix all of that together and you can either make them like pancakes - or I've made them as crepes. Very yummy both ways! Just so you know, the "batter" is REALLY thin, but it comes out just fine.

-Aimee

rockinrobin
01-18-2007, 08:06 AM
Hi everybody!!! Gosh there are a lot of you since I stopped coming here on a regular basis. It's sooo nice to see you all here and doing so well.

Yup, I need to pop in here today. I had the toughest day yesterday since before I started this back in September. Real tough, managed to get through it with probably no more then 2000 calories eaten, but man oh man was it DIFFICULT. It was my DD 15 birthday, her friends made her these AMAZING chocolate cookies, by the time I was finished breaking off little bites of them I must have had 3 total. YIKES!!! And since it was her birthday, I made her favorite "cake", which is an apple crisp. As I was making it I must have eaten who knows how many apple slices. I don't know, all day long I was urging like CRAZY. I kind of felt like everybody has a bad day now and then, I've yet to have a real bad one and I'm ENTITLED to have an off day. Odd. THen she gets to pick her favorite dinner for the evening, it was tacos with ALL the trimmings and all day I'm thinking I'm gonna have me one or two or three. And then I'm thinking I want a big old piece of the apple crisp.

Something great happened, at about 5:00I popped in a WATP video, did it and felt like I don't even want all the food anymore. It was great,

So as dinner rolls around I'm making the meat for the tacos, I had a grilled chicken cutlet left over, I put it in the pot with the meat towards the end to heat it up and flavor it. I sliced it up and put in on a bed of the shredded lettuce, with chopped cucumbers, red onions and crumbled up 1/2 taco shell and that was my taco!!! And it was yummy.

Okay, now it's apple crisp time, I did cave in and have about 1/2 piece. Oh well. So yes, yesterday was indeed my WORST day since I started this in September. Not beating myself up over it at all, just want to get back to plan, and do without the stupid "entitlement" issue and I really want to stop nibbling as the day goes on.

So TODAY's commitments:

-NO NIBBLING, NO NIBBLING, NO NIBBLING.
-Exercise, LOVE my new WATP videos, love um, love um, love um
-Drink lots of water
-Remember that I want to be thin more then I want the food.

Have a fantastic day everyone.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-18-2007, 09:12 AM
Hello, Everybody! Rockinrobin, its good to hear from you on this post today. You're right, this thread has become more active. Isnt it great to see so many commited 3FC friends? :)

Today's commitments -
1) Go to be early tonight and get 7-8 hours of sleep.
2) Take multivitamin
3) Eat all scheduled meals and snacks and measure everything. Make sure I'm eating enough!

Stayed with Southbeach foods yesterday. Did have a big problem with nuts -almonds and walnuts. They are allowed on my plan, but in very restricted amounts. I exceeded that amount..big time! Need to put the nuts in a high cabinet in the kitchen where they are not so readily accessible. Also, did not get to bed early again. Recorded American Idol and sat up late to watch it. Going to try again tonight. I've read that getting 7-8 hours of sleep a night can boost the metabolism and that too little sleep causes hormones to fluctuate and slows down metabolism. I'm all for a faster metabolism, so off to bed early tonight!

Today's commitments -
1)7-8 hours sleep tonight.
2) Stay on plan (no nuts!) and measure everything.
3) 45 minutes of cardio

Hope everyone has a great day!

Today's commitments -

shelby897
01-18-2007, 09:13 AM
I can't make it to the gym today so I have to be very careful, these days ususally kill me! I'm going to stop the diet soda and get back to my water and I'm going to spend at least one hour on "me" today!!!

Rockinrobin -- I don't know about you but even my worst days now are better than they were before a diet! (Used to be the whole box of cookies, now a bad day is probably 10 of them, etc.).

DramaQueenLucy
01-18-2007, 09:28 AM
I will eat my planned foods today.
I will drink all of my water today..yesterday was the first time that I ever drank all the water that I am supposed to drink and lived in the restroom!!!!
I will really look at myself in the mirror.

Happy healthy day to all

Nancydream
01-18-2007, 11:44 AM
Hi Everybody!

Thanks, Gals, for the breakfast protein ideas. I came to the conclusion long ago that I need protein for breakfast to keep me going or I'm hungry in an hour.

NESunshine - my heart goes out to you! Our cold snap is over for the time being, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Yesterday I did pretty well. Exceeded my calorie intake because I consciously chose to have a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. The rest of the day was fine except for a little broccoli binge (can you believe that?) It just tasted so good last night I almost ate a whole head of it!

Lost 3 pounds!!! :carrot:

Today:

1) Keep calories between 1800 - 2000.
2) Keep fat & cholesterol & sodium under 100% RDA
3) Stay conscious with my eating.
4) Exercise - whatever I can do. I'm not quite geared up yet for this. It's coming, though!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-18-2007, 12:15 PM
Exceeded my calorie intake because I consciously chose to have a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks.

Hi Nancy,

First things first....Congratulations on your weight loss! Regarding Starbucks, have you tried a skinny latte with sugar free flavoring? Yum Yum! I love to go to Barnes & Noble and browse the books with a 'special' beverage. I used to get the Frozen drinks, but can't have the sugar anymore. The skinny lattes are a tastey option.

nicolen
01-18-2007, 12:30 PM
Hi everyone :)

I've got what could be a big night planned - my parents and I are going out to dinner and the theatre tonight. We're going to see Guys and Dolls, and it should be awesome - the production has had brilliant reviews :D

So I'm going to:

:) Make sure I drink all my water at work
:) Make the best choice I can from the restaurant menu
:) Use the stairs rather than the lifts at work since it's unlikely I'll have time to exercise tonight.

LostBombera
01-18-2007, 11:40 PM
Evening all'

Robin; I think you did GREAT, only 3 cookies . . . GREAT WILL POWER . . . I think you did awesome controlling the :devil: URGE!!

Rhonda; :yawn: yes, get a good nights sleep!

Nicolen; have a GREAT time tonight, sounds like fun

Shelby; :thanks: for reminding me, I need to take some "me" time . . . tomorrow . . . I will do that

Nancy; :congrat: Oh my gatos . . . 3 pounds is SOOO awesome
Did you know 3 pounds is 12, yes TWELVE sticks of butter . . .

Tomorrow's plan:
Water, crunches, eat healthy, 30 min exercise, (maybe more) AND
some "ME" time

Everyone have a Fabulous Friday.

SwimGirl
01-19-2007, 01:08 AM
I had another great day, thats 5 in a row! 5 down, 23 to go! I finally figured out a reward for myself, it's going to be a haircut and possible dye. I had my weigh in this morning and was prepared to be disappointed, but NOPE! My scale was kind - and I got a 5 pound loss!! It's nice to see hard work paying off :)

So my commitments for tomorrow..
1) Keep to my meal plan,
2) Only drink water, tea and coffee.. quitting pop is HARD for me, oh lordy, its so hard for me.

-Aimee

DramaQueenLucy
01-19-2007, 08:45 AM
Aimee-5 pounds that is great keep up the good work it is paying off.
Well my plan for today is:
1) Eat only my planned meals & snacks
2) Drink all of my water today
3) Do some kind of exercise

Happy Friday to all Hugs

rockinrobin
01-19-2007, 08:56 AM
Good morning ladies!!!!

Nancy, I am SOOOO happy for you, 3 bigs ones - GONE, history! :carrot:

Nicolen, what a lovely evening, hope you enjoyed.

Swimgirl, OMG - 5 pounds, FIVE POUNDS!!!!! Woohoo!!!

Girlygirl, nuts are a big problem for me as well, had to keep away from them for awhile until I got the control thing down pat, oh wait I don't have the control thing down pat - still have to be very careful around those things. Oops.

Had a MUCH better day yesterday, stayed away from the evil cookies and the apple crisp. Amazing how one day you're dying for the stuff :p and the very next you could care less that they exist. :?: Ummm, I much prefer the could care less option, makes life MUCH easier. So all in all it was a very commited day.

For today, gonna keep it simple:

:smug: NO NIBBLING, NO NIBBLING, NO NIBBLING
:smug: Eat well
:smug: Drink well
:smug: Exercise well
:smug: Remember that I want to be thin more then I want the food

Umm, CC, where ARE you??? Everything okay? I sure hope so, please pop in and let us know how you're doing.

Have a great day ladies.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-19-2007, 09:29 AM
Good morning, Everyone! Hope your day is going well and you're staying commited!

Shelby and Lost Bombera - did you get your 'me' time yesterday? Are you nice and relaxed today? :)
Nicolen - the theatre...how exciting! How was dinner and the show?
Aimee - Congratulations on the scale victory! Nothing like seeing the scales go down to pump you up!
Robin - glad the temptations have let up a bit...and, congratulations! You made it through and are still commited. This is what they mean by lifestyle and not a diet, right?

Woke an hour before the alarm this morning with a horrible, horrible headache. I was dizzy and nauseous, too. Took medicine and didn't help at all. Drank a small cup of skim milk an hour later...within 5 minutes, my headache was gone! I think my blood sugar went too low because I forgot my evening snack last night. My daughter got me playing one of her X-Box games, Viva Pinata, and I lost track of time. :o Yes, I'm 42 and playing X-Box and, I have to tell you, it was a blast!

Today's commitments -
1)7-8 hours sleep tonight.
2) Stay on plan (no nuts!) and measure everything.
3) 45 minutes of cardio

Did 60 minutes on the treadmill yesterday and did go to bed early. Stayed away from the nuts and didnt eat anything that wasn't on my plan, however, didnt eat everything I should have.

Today's commitments -
1) Dont eat too little - all meals and snacks. Going on date with hubby tonight. Will plan ahead so can stay on plan.
2) 45 minutes of cardio
3) Stay off the scales until Monday weigh-in. I can hear them calling me from across the house!

Nancydream
01-19-2007, 10:57 AM
Hi Ladies!

Thanks for all the encouragement yesterday!

Yesterday was a wash, food-wise, however. I was asked out to lunch and was still in the mindset of "Oh boy, time to pig out". I think I must have been closer to a total of 3000 calories yesterday due to that choice. No matter. I'm aware of the issue and will put that behind me and move on!

Hey Rhonda - I could have ordered the sugar-free, but I have those coffee drinks so seldom, I like the real deal when I order it. I may need to rethink that choice, though, so thanks for the idea. :)

Okay, so here's today's:

1) Stay between 1800-2000 calories
2) Drink 64 oz water
3) Find that WATP exercise tape so I can begin Monday

Have a wonderful, wonderful Friday, All! :p

nicolen
01-19-2007, 02:07 PM
Morning everyone!

Guys and Dolls was absolutely awesome - it was put on by a local company, so I won't mention the names of the cast as you won't know them at all. Dinner was also really nice - we got some bread and an antipasto platter between the three of us. I avoided all the salami anod other fatty sausages as well as (drumroll please) the cheese, so I wouldn't have been over my points by too much, if at all yesterday. I ordered a coffee instead of a dessert and had a bite each of my parents' dessert which left me really satisfied.

Today I'm going to:

:) exercise - go for at least an hour's walk
:) drink 2L of water
:) don't go over my points and preferably be one or 2 under.

shelby897
01-19-2007, 02:18 PM
Nicolen -- very nice job. So much nicer to enjoy the company your with than to feel over feed when you leave a restaurant!! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

I did get my "me time" yesterday, which is awesome. I actually had the time to read a magazine front to back (little things!!). My sister is coming for the weekend -- she's like having another kid in my house, so it will be so much fun, I'm really looking forward to it. And the nice thing is the break in routine so I doubt I will overeat. I've really tried to stay away from my friends that were my "eating buddies" at least for now. I have a set of other mom's I used to go out to dinner with once a month, we'd order ridiculous amounts of food and dessert. I don't have the strength to go anywhere with them right now.

Commitments a little late for today --

Exercise (Done :) )

Went grocery shopping and bought really good food and no junk!! (I am amazed how expensive the fresh foods are and the junk is so cheap -- no wonder so many people are overweight -- it's not like they reward your grocery bill for eating right!!)

Not to eat after dinner

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!

LostBombera
01-19-2007, 10:07 PM
Evening all

Well, it's been kind of a putzy day . . . didn't feel like doing anything . . . ABSOLULTELY no energy . . . maybe I overdid the exercise yesterday and I didn't sleep al that well . . . and I am bushed, (it's only 8:00) I got my exercise in, but did an easy yoga tape and only did 30 min of it . . . at least I did it, an I over compensated yesterday . . . so I guess it all evens out. I didn't even want chocolate . . . now go figure that one out . . .

Hope everyone is doing OK

Water - Day 19 - not a problem, I think I'm set here
Eat healthy - Day 19 - good, but not a habit yet, craving mangos today
Crunches - Day 19 - no enthusiasm with these but they got done, maybe because I didn't want chocolate today . . . I always do these when I want chocolate, before I eat the chocolate
Exercise - Day 13 - done, minimally, but done

OK, I think an early bedtime for me tonight, tomorrow I will try to have my disposition adjusted

Night everyone

DramaQueenLucy
01-20-2007, 09:13 AM
Good Mornin

Everyone is doing great!!!
Today for me:
1) I will look at myself and really see me
2) I will stay as on plan as I can today
3) I will not smoke (quit last night)
4) I will drink all of my water (everytime I get a craving I drink cold water)

Have a hapy and healthy day

Nancydream
01-20-2007, 12:57 PM
Good morning, ladies -

nicolen, shelby, bombera & Lucy - sounds like you're all doing well despite challenges. Thanks for being inspiration for me. :)

Yesterday I pretty much (give or take 75 calories) stayed within my range. The positive is that I'm conscious of what I'm eating and I'm working to choose well.

Tonight I've been invited to one of those candle/purse/whatever parties and will choose only a couple appetizers. Tomorrow will be a challenge, however. It's my daughter's 18th birthday dinner and she's requested lasagna and baked Alaska for her dinner. The baked Alaska isn't the draw, it's the lasagna. I will however, be among a large group, so I tend to eat less that way. I'll also send A LOT home with people to minimize what's left.

Have a great day, everybody!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Hi Everyone. Slept in late today, so getting late start on my day Hope everyone is doing well. For me, the weekends are the hardest...you know, that old mentality of "I worked a hard week and deserve to relax" which has always included eating. I really have to watch it or I can get way off track.

Colleen- its great that you have decided to quit smoking! You can do it!
Nancy- Your daughter's 18th, how exciting! Sounds like you are prepared to withstand the temptation and that is half the battle.

Today's commitments -
1) Dont eat too little - all meals and snacks. Going on date with hubby tonight. Will plan ahead so can stay on plan.
2) 45 minutes of cardio
3) Stay off the scales until Monday weigh-in. I can hear them calling me from across the house!

Didnt exercise yesterday. Decided to make that my day off for the week. Went on date with hubby and stayed on plan at the restaurant! My entree did come with a piece of garlic bread on the plate. I wasnt expecting that, but I put it to the side and ignored it....it sure did look good though!

Today's commitments -
1) Exercise has to be a priority today - 60 minutes of walking
2) Eat all meals. I'm a little off track today, so need to be very careful.
3) Stay off the scales. Weigh-in is Monday and I'm anxious to jump on and see what's happened! Never thought I'd actually want to get on them.

Hope everyone has a great day.

LostBombera
01-20-2007, 07:45 PM
Evening everyone;

Commitments done today with a whole lot more enthusiasm than yesterday, I think I was just :tired: so very tired. I was sleeping until 3 am when new neighbors woke me up . . . big party last night. I understand it's the weekend, but 3 am . . . UGH, I was up or about an hour but finally got back to sleep and slept late, mmmmmmmm

Water - Day 20 - :D
Crunches - Day 20 - :D
Eat healthy - Day 20 - :D just have a snack left, but I should be OK
30 min exercise - Day 14 - :D

Everyone have a great night and a relaxing Sunday

DramaQueenLucy
01-21-2007, 09:09 AM
Good morning chicks

I made it through my first day of not smoking but I did go way over on my plan...uuugggghhhh Well I just have to write it off and start new today with some adjustments to my plan for the time being.
1) Limit amount of dumdum's to 8 for the day.
2) Drink all of my water.
3) Eat only my planned meals and snacks.
4) Tone, tone, tone
5)Look at myself in the mirror and really see myself.

Happy Healthy day to all...may all our dream come true!!!
Hugs

GirlyGirlSebas
01-21-2007, 11:50 AM
Hi Colleen,

Hi. Kinda quiet around here...where is everyone? Colleen, congratulations on going without cigarettes yesterday! Stick with it...it does get easier...I promise.

[QUOTE=GirlyGirlSebas;1539717]
Today's commitments -
1) Exercise has to be a priority today - 60 minutes of walking
2) Eat all meals. I'm a little off track today, so need to be very careful.
3) Stay off the scales. Weigh-in is Monday and I'm anxious to jump on and see what's happened! Never thought I'd actually want to get on them.
QUOTE]

Stayed on plan yesterday, but no exercise. I feel guilty for skipping exercise. I guess it is becoming a lifestyle. :D

Today's commitments -
1) Exercise - I know my body won't release the fat without the exercise.
2) Drink more water - I'm not getting in enough fluids.

Hope everyone is having a great and committed weekend.

Nancydream
01-21-2007, 01:03 PM
Yes, we kind of thinned out (pardon the pun) :D .

Well, good morning to all sisters in healthy living!

Colleen - Congrats on your first day without cigarettes. You can do it! :carrot:

By the way, Rhonda, that's awesome about your exercise habit. Way to go! :carrot:

Diane - Hope you got some good sleep last night and your neighbors are done with their partying for a while!

Yesterday went okay for me. I'm not sure exactly about calorie count, but I'm pretty sure it was well within my range.

And, Rhonda - I'm happy to report I actually got out and socialized! It was one of those Premier jewelry parties. I NEVER go to those selling parties, but it was my son's dear girlfriend who invited me, so I went out of respect to her, and actually had fun! (Fancy that.)

Today's commitment:

1) Limit pre-dinner eating (my daughter's b-day dinner today).
2) Reasonable portions.
3) Give away the leftovers!

Have a great Sunday, all. :p

LostBombera
01-21-2007, 01:47 PM
Morning everyone,

will come back later for chat . . . getting ready to try either new pilates DVD or yoga/pilates . . . haven't decided which. I tried new yoga DVD last night and I LOVE IT. There are two programs, one is a nice easy stretching/relaxing the other is a bit of a workout, but still great stretching . . . just a bit above my level which gives me something to work for . . .

OK, I'm off

be back later

LostBombera
01-21-2007, 09:07 PM
Evening everyone;

VERY QUIET HERE . . .

Slow day for me, nice day to relax, do laundry, vacuum, :blah: :blah:

Did my new Yoga/Pilates . . . it wasn't very good, but I REALLY like the one from yesterday . . . so that's good

I finished my 21 day challenge today for water, eat healthy and crunches . . . and Day 15 for exercise . . . so I'm pretty happy

Everyone have a great week