Old 01-15-2007, 12:23 AM   #1  
focused and aiming

Smile core chat for january 16-21

here are some new pages.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning:

Winter arrived with inches of snow and now sleet. I'm so happy that I don't have to drive anywhere. I opened the front door to retrieve the newspaper and heard the neighborhood kids laughing on the way to school. At least they love the snow

I didn't make the pot roast this weekend but it's going into the crockpot this morning. We had a tasty dinner of shrimp creole last night. Today should not be too much of an eating challenge but the must be done.

Frouf, you mentioned a side by side 'fridge. I have one and don't like it either. DH wanted it for the water in the door. That is nice but the food storage is too limited. And, I cook for only two!

Melissa: you can do it! Back to CORE.

Talk to everyone later.

Rhonda
Old 01-15-2007, 09:36 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm reluctantly off to WW. Whatever it is won't be changed by my not going to meetings. Sooner or later there has to be good news, doesn't there?

The storm missed us. We got rain and ice but it seems ok for me to drive. I'm off to shower since I must leave for WW in less than an hour.

Have a great on program day.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:47 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Well, it's actually the 15th but I'm posting here anyway.

Guess who is staying home from work today? ME! I slept for about 7 minutes last night, in between crying and screaming and just about passing out from the pain of some sort of pulled muscle in my back. It's to the right of my spine, just below the waist. I can't imagine when or how I did it, but last evening it started gradually getting more and more sore, and by the time I went to bed I could barely move. Now this morning I *can't* move. This should be tons of fun, she said with great sarcasm. Well, at least my lunch and snacks are made so all I have to do is get to the kitchen somehow.

I know how all you potato chip eaters feel. There are times when nothing but a good crunchy snack will satisfy. Do you have Terra Chips where you live? They're sweet potato and some other roots, and are really good with salsa. If I had a mandolin food slicer, I would make my own but I just can't slice them thin enough with a regular knife.

I agree about the side-by-side. The ice and water thru the door are the only benefits; otherwise I just don't think the storage is good enough. A large pizza box will barely fit, and we've got a pretty big fridge. My next will have the freezer on the bottom. If we put everything in the separate standalone freezer, there's not much going in and out of the fridge freezer. I like this one:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1140393225688

It looks like a side-by-side but the doors open up to a big compartment, and it still has the ice and water thru the door.

We've had freezing rain for a few days so now the roads are coated. They said a few thousand feet up in the clouds, the air temp is in the 50s, which is what makes it worse. It's about 25 out there right now. Lots of things are closed today due to Martin Luther King Day, which should make traffic a little lighter.

Everybody have a great day!
Old 01-15-2007, 09:54 AM   #5  

Vickie, good luck at WW. It's a good thing to know what you're dealing with and then can go from there. I hope you and Jim are feeling much better today.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:59 AM   #6  
Melissa

Well I forgot to weigh myself this morning...really!! Right now I'm working on a core grocery list. I'm going to make a master list so I always have it available. I'm trying to get organized.
I tried to do TurboJam this morning but I was just too tired and feeling kind of sick. I guess the UTI infection effects a little more than I thought.

Kathy, I'm so sorry that you are in pain!! Should you go to the doctor? Do you need some meds? I could FedEx them! Oh and I can hook you up with a mandoline, too.

Vickie, good luck today. We're proud of you for going!

Sandra, good luck with the potato chips. They are my weakness...I love some chips and a big ol' regular coke.

Rhonda, I had a pot roast last week in the crockpot and it was heavenly!

You all enjoy your snow! It has rained here for about 4 days straight and is in the 50's. I think it is supposed to be in the 30/40's for the rest of the week. This has been such a (strange) mild winter.

I'm off to work on the grocery list. Any suggestions are welcome!
Old 01-15-2007, 12:02 PM   #7  

Melissa, are you feeling better today?

I forgot about PS -- maybe I'd better start saving my pennies to buy one from you. I had my order all ready to go a few months ago, and then Kate and Devan broke up. All of a sudden she had a kitchen full of stuff that she wasn't going to use for a while since she moved in with a friend, so I didn't think I should add to it.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:06 PM   #8  
Melissa

I'm feeling better than I was, thanks for asking. I'm just that most of my symptoms are gone before we have to go to the funeral tomorrow.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:07 PM   #9  
Melissa

Oh question...are all pinto beans core (canned)? I'm thinking not...aren't some of them made with extra fat or something? I think those are the ones I've been eating! I guess I need to go find my CFC.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:16 PM   #10  

I would imagine they are. There are some seasoned with pork or bacon and they wouldn't be, but the regular ones should be. I just looked at the nutritional info for a few different brands and they all say 0 fat. I would think that if they had no fat and didn't have anything else added like bacon, they would be Core. Just my 2 cents' worth though.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:03 PM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! As always, thanks for your moral support. I hope I've turned a corner, physically and emotionally. Today's meeting was about being at a crossroads...how funny! I think God shows us what we need to see when it's time and when we need to receive the message. Well, message delivered and I chose the Core/WW road.....again.

Light and Love and on program days to you all.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:05 PM   #12  

Vickie, you sound good! I'm glad you're healing, in all ways.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:10 PM   #13  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks, Kathy! I'm feeling really emotional but in a good way. I'm really trying not to be an emotional eater anymore. Today, one of the messages was to HALT before emotional eating. Ask yourself H are you hungry? A are you angry? L are you Lonely? or T are you Tired. Then, only feed the hungry. I'm working on that this week. I've also commited to making that darned WW vegetable soup that I've resisted for the last million times that I've joined. They tell me it's Core and I can eat that for the times when I examine the HALT theory and still want to eat anyway.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:18 PM   #14  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Well it's a snow day for me too! Finally whiteness all around - was tossing and turning since 5 am with a headache - and dragged myself out of bed a couple of time and decided - to heck with it - they WILL MANAGE without me! Yes lots of financials due - and database problems - but back to bed with me - and I slept in til 11:30 am!!! Wow! Feeling much better now.

Melissa - take it easy for a few days until you are feeling much better! Maybe nothing too vigorous right now?

Vickie - how wonderful to be having a fresh start today - good for you!

Kathy - how awful about your back!!! Have you taken some painkillers or muscle relaxants? Maybe a visit to the dr is in order? And by the way I LOVE that fridge - finally someone used their head! I hate the side by side - such a struggle to get things in there. Luckily I have an extra fridge in the basement (mil's old fridge) so at least when we need to store extra drinks or one of those big birthday sheet cakes we have room!

Rhonda - enjoy the pot roast - I love the smell of cooking when I get home when we use the crockpot - so yummy!

And I have decided I need to up my exercise time - more endurance now required? Currently doing 30 mins at 3.3 mph (and sometimes a 30 min exercise tape) - but need to challenge myself a bit more (I am a very lazy froufie!) - so I am going to add 5 mins per week for the next 6 weeks...what do you think? I will try to stick to the 3.3 mph but will slow it down if I need to! Actually think I will get on pretty soon as I obviously have time to do so this afternoon!

No cooking for dinner either as we still have the roast chicken in the fridge for tonight - and some LO soup as well!

I will have to drive dd to dance tonight and I do dread going out in all this snow! UGH!

Froufie
Old 01-15-2007, 04:00 PM   #15  

We have snow here too. I just got back in from shoveling. Whew, that was exercise! The problem is that neither dh or I likes to get up early and shovel, so we drive on the snow first thing in the morning and then try to shovel it later. I think next time instead of chipping at those super-compressed tire tracks, I'll just get up early!

I have a "regular" fridge (freezer on top, fridge on bottom) with ice in the door. I can't believe we found one, but we did, at a scratch and dent store, of all places. I'm not sure where the scratch or dent IS, but I love my fridge. The freezer capacity is a little smaller than I'd like because of the icemaker, but we have the best of both worlds. It's a GE Profile, probably about 4-5 years old.

Vickie, I'm glad you are feeling a little better.

I'm off to make some popcorn for the kiddos. It was a half-day of school today, so now they're in, thawing out from playing in the snow.

Angela
Closed Thread