Simply Filling/Core - core chat for january 16-21

View Full Version : core chat for january 16-21

ontarget
01-15-2007, 01:23 AM
here are some new pages.

Tejas
01-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Good Morning:

Winter arrived with inches of snow and now sleet. I'm so happy that I don't have to drive anywhere. I opened the front door to retrieve the newspaper and heard the neighborhood kids laughing on the way to school. At least they love the snow :snow4:

I didn't make the pot roast this weekend but it's going into the crockpot this morning. We had a tasty dinner of shrimp creole last night. Today should not be too much of an eating challenge but the :exercise: must be done.

Frouf, you mentioned a side by side 'fridge. I have one and don't like it either. DH wanted it for the water in the door. That is nice but the food storage is too limited. And, I cook for only two!

Melissa: you can do it! Back to CORE.

Talk to everyone later.

Rhonda

Vickie
01-15-2007, 10:36 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm reluctantly off to WW. Whatever it is won't be changed by my not going to meetings. Sooner or later there has to be good news, doesn't there?

The storm missed us. We got rain and ice but it seems ok for me to drive. I'm off to shower since I must leave for WW in less than an hour.

Have a great on program day.

Katpo
01-15-2007, 10:47 AM
Well, it's actually the 15th but I'm posting here anyway. ;)

Guess who is staying home from work today? ME! I slept for about 7 minutes last night, in between crying and screaming and just about passing out from the pain of some sort of pulled muscle in my back. It's to the right of my spine, just below the waist. I can't imagine when or how I did it, but last evening it started gradually getting more and more sore, and by the time I went to bed I could barely move. Now this morning I *can't* move. This should be tons of fun, she said with great sarcasm. Well, at least my lunch and snacks are made so all I have to do is get to the kitchen somehow.

I know how all you potato chip eaters feel. There are times when nothing but a good crunchy snack will satisfy. Do you have Terra Chips where you live? They're sweet potato and some other roots, and are really good with salsa. If I had a mandolin food slicer, I would make my own but I just can't slice them thin enough with a regular knife.

I agree about the side-by-side. The ice and water thru the door are the only benefits; otherwise I just don't think the storage is good enough. A large pizza box will barely fit, and we've got a pretty big fridge. My next will have the freezer on the bottom. If we put everything in the separate standalone freezer, there's not much going in and out of the fridge freezer. I like this one:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7740313&type=product&productCategoryId=cat05003&id=1140393225688

It looks like a side-by-side but the doors open up to a big compartment, and it still has the ice and water thru the door.

http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL564/498963/8702393/222412047.jpg

We've had freezing rain for a few days so now the roads are coated. They said a few thousand feet up in the clouds, the air temp is in the 50s, which is what makes it worse. It's about 25 out there right now. Lots of things are closed today due to Martin Luther King Day, which should make traffic a little lighter.

Everybody have a great day!

Katpo
01-15-2007, 10:54 AM
Vickie, good luck at WW. It's a good thing to know what you're dealing with and then can go from there. I hope you and Jim are feeling much better today.

septembersgoal
01-15-2007, 12:59 PM
Well I forgot to weigh myself this morning...really!! Right now I'm working on a core grocery list. I'm going to make a master list so I always have it available. I'm trying to get organized.
I tried to do TurboJam this morning but I was just too tired and feeling kind of sick. I guess the UTI infection effects a little more than I thought.

Kathy, I'm so sorry that you are in pain!! Should you go to the doctor? Do you need some meds? I could FedEx them! :) Oh and I can hook you up with a mandoline, too. ;)

Vickie, good luck today. We're proud of you for going!

Sandra, good luck with the potato chips. They are my weakness...I love some chips and a big ol' regular coke. :T

Rhonda, I had a pot roast last week in the crockpot and it was heavenly!

You all enjoy your snow! It has rained here for about 4 days straight and is in the 50's. I think it is supposed to be in the 30/40's for the rest of the week. This has been such a (strange) mild winter.

I'm off to work on the grocery list. Any suggestions are welcome! :D

Katpo
01-15-2007, 01:02 PM
Melissa, are you feeling better today?

I forgot about PS -- maybe I'd better start saving my pennies to buy one from you. I had my order all ready to go a few months ago, and then Kate and Devan broke up. All of a sudden she had a kitchen full of stuff that she wasn't going to use for a while since she moved in with a friend, so I didn't think I should add to it.

septembersgoal
01-15-2007, 01:06 PM
I'm feeling better than I was, thanks for asking. I'm just :crossed: that most of my symptoms are gone before we have to go to the funeral tomorrow.

septembersgoal
01-15-2007, 01:07 PM
Oh question...are all pinto beans core (canned)? I'm thinking not...aren't some of them made with extra fat or something? ;) I think those are the ones I've been eating! :lol: I guess I need to go find my CFC.

Katpo
01-15-2007, 01:16 PM
I would imagine they are. There are some seasoned with pork or bacon and they wouldn't be, but the regular ones should be. I just looked at the nutritional info for a few different brands and they all say 0 fat. I would think that if they had no fat and didn't have anything else added like bacon, they would be Core. Just my 2 cents' worth though.

Vickie
01-15-2007, 04:03 PM
Hey Chicks! As always, thanks for your moral support. I hope I've turned a corner, physically and emotionally. Today's meeting was about being at a crossroads...how funny! I think God shows us what we need to see when it's time and when we need to receive the message. Well, message delivered and I chose the Core/WW road.....again.

Light and Love and on program days to you all.

Katpo
01-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Vickie, you sound good! I'm glad you're healing, in all ways. :hug:

Vickie
01-15-2007, 04:10 PM
Thanks, Kathy! I'm feeling really emotional but in a good way. I'm really trying not to be an emotional eater anymore. Today, one of the messages was to HALT before emotional eating. Ask yourself H are you hungry? A are you angry? L are you Lonely? or T are you Tired. Then, only feed the hungry. I'm working on that this week. I've also commited to making that darned WW vegetable soup that I've resisted for the last million times that I've joined. They tell me it's Core and I can eat that for the times when I examine the HALT theory and still want to eat anyway.

Froufy
01-15-2007, 04:18 PM
Well it's a snow day for me too! Finally whiteness all around - was tossing and turning since 5 am with a headache - and dragged myself out of bed a couple of time and decided - to heck with it - they WILL MANAGE without me! Yes lots of financials due - and database problems - but back to bed with me - and I slept in til 11:30 am!!! Wow! Feeling much better now.

Melissa - take it easy for a few days until you are feeling much better! Maybe nothing too vigorous right now?

Vickie - how wonderful to be having a fresh start today - good for you!

Kathy - how awful about your back!!! Have you taken some painkillers or muscle relaxants? Maybe a visit to the dr is in order? And by the way I LOVE that fridge - finally someone used their head! I hate the side by side - such a struggle to get things in there. Luckily I have an extra fridge in the basement (mil's old fridge) so at least when we need to store extra drinks or one of those big birthday sheet cakes we have room!

Rhonda - enjoy the pot roast - I love the smell of cooking when I get home when we use the crockpot - so yummy!

And I have decided I need to up my exercise time - more endurance now required? Currently doing 30 mins at 3.3 mph (and sometimes a 30 min exercise tape) - but need to challenge myself a bit more (I am a very lazy froufie!) - so I am going to add 5 mins per week for the next 6 weeks...what do you think? I will try to stick to the 3.3 mph but will slow it down if I need to! Actually think I will get on pretty soon as I obviously have time to do so this afternoon!

No cooking for dinner either as we still have the roast chicken in the fridge for tonight - and some LO soup as well!

I will have to drive dd to dance tonight and I do dread going out in all this snow! UGH!

Froufie

aghiowa
01-15-2007, 05:00 PM
We have snow here too. I just got back in from shoveling. Whew, that was exercise! The problem is that neither dh or I likes to get up early and shovel, so we drive on the snow first thing in the morning and then try to shovel it later. I think next time instead of chipping at those super-compressed tire tracks, I'll just get up early!

I have a "regular" fridge (freezer on top, fridge on bottom) with ice in the door. I can't believe we found one, but we did, at a scratch and dent store, of all places. I'm not sure where the scratch or dent IS, but I love my fridge. The freezer capacity is a little smaller than I'd like because of the icemaker, but we have the best of both worlds. It's a GE Profile, probably about 4-5 years old.

Vickie, I'm glad you are feeling a little better.

I'm off to make some popcorn for the kiddos. It was a half-day of school today, so now they're in, thawing out from playing in the snow. :D

Angela

ontarget
01-15-2007, 05:58 PM
hi, ladies. we just finished lunch (pan grilled walleye fillets) and now i have that chicken bruschetta baking for dinner. i'll be leaving in about an hour for w a. i hope the chicken b is good. that's dinner. :hungry:

rhonda, ds has a side by side with little to no room, too. ours has the freezer in the bottom and fridge on top. we don't have an ice or water dispenser. i got a kick out of your talking about the kids in the snow. sounds like they were having a good monday morning, didn't it?:jig:

vickie, :cp:i'm glad you went to the meeting. i agree. you're definitely due some good news. you've been bombarded with not so good news for too long now.

:getwell: kathy. ouch! i'm sorry your back is hurting. did you go to a doctor today? i'm guessing not. please go tomorrow if you're not better. that fridge looks great. i like it.

melissa, how's the list coming? i have one, too, that i keep in the car. i admit i haven't used it much, though. is monday going to be your wi day? :goodscale: are you and your friend going to ww this week? inquiring minds want to know.

vickie, you sound very very upbeat. wonderful!! :cp:i am so happy for you. and halt? i love it. last tuesday i saw up close and personal what an emotional eater i am. i was a wreck till i got that :hb: and ice cream. (there was no taste and spit going on that day.) i've made the soup. sometimes i like it, but sometimes i don't. i can't explain why.

frouf, i am still amazed at 3.3 mph on the :tread: i don't think you're lazy at all. your idea of adding 5 min per week sounds good. be careful out in the :snow4: tonight.

angela, shoveling is hard work for sure. we have some folks who turn around in our drive packing ours down before we get up. that makes it very very difficult on curtis. so far, i've only shoveled a couple of times in the 9 yrs i've been here. i try to make sure he has a hot bfast when he comes inside. :corn: sounds good to me. i've had some the past 3 days. i am probably full of salt.

i took so long typing this that the chicken b is out of the oven. looks good.

ya'll have a wonderful monday.

ontarget
01-15-2007, 06:05 PM
:yikes: just realized i had the date wrong for this thread. oh, well, lucy lives.

Jennpsu
01-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Hello Ladies!!
I'm new to the Chat but wanted to say hello. I have been doing WW for about a year on and off, I have just switched to Core and I LOVE it! I am really into cooking and I was tired of tracking all points for recipes. I can now cook with freedom and be more creative now that my kitchen is stocked up with Core foods.
I look forward to chatting with everyone and I admire all of you who have done so well with the program, It's nice to know your not in it alone!!

Tejas
01-15-2007, 08:49 PM
Hi All:

Welcome, Jennpsu. We're a very nice group of people.

I'm home from a long day at work to the crock pot roast which is very tasty.

I won't post much right now, but I did lose .5 pounds and am celebrating every teeny tiny loss! I'll change the ticker sometime tonight.

Rhonda

ontarget
01-15-2007, 10:14 PM
:welcome: jenn. it's good to have you with us. congratulations on your successes with ww. we'll be watching for your recipes. oh! i see some now! thanks.

rhonda, :cp: for a good wi. i'm happy for you. looks like you're on a roll. that's great! i just got home from w a. we had a hard but fun workout. :swim:

now i'm ready to rest. see ya tomorrow.

Froufy
01-15-2007, 10:40 PM
Welcome Jenn - we are always excited to 'see' new faces! Sounds like you are really enjoying Core - I think we all love the freedom it allows.

Rhonda - you made me laugh: We're a very nice group of people. Why didn't you tell her the truth? How nasty and mean and evil we are? ha ha ha :D ....not only are we nice - but we are highly intelligent and motivated individuals.....hmmm - what else can I add? Let's toot our own horn!

Kathy - how's the back doing? Hope you are not in too much pain?

Angela - shovelling is excellent exercise - dh was out doing our driveway today - and was feeling energetic (a rarity for him) so he did the neighbour's too!

Just got back from driving dd - cold and slippery - and the plows are out cleaning up the main roads (our street is still deep in snow!) - supposed to snow again tonight - and minus 15 tomorrow - YIKES!

And I did 40 mins on the treadmill today - 3.3 mph - burning up a measly 240 calories but I guess every bit counts. I was able to watch Bob Greene on Oprah about the best life diet so that was quite motivating as she had many guests on who had lost tons of weight!

I am staying OUT of the kitchen now to avoid eating any more - had a few too many potato wedges w/my chicken tonight! Tomorrow I guess I will be at work - at least for the morning as I have my annual checkup in the afternoon - hope there is not bad news with any of my blookwork! Wed is our 9th anniversary - but no definite plans yet for any celebrations.

An early bed should be in my very near future, right?:D

Frouf

Katpo
01-15-2007, 11:00 PM
Thanks for asking, Frouf. It's just as bad as ever so I might stay home again tomorrow, as bad as I hate to. I'll have to do a few errands if I do, though, like the bank and getting gasoline mainly. I guess I'll see in the morning.

Welcome, Jenn! We're very glad to have you with us!

Congratulations to all you exercisers. I guess one day I'll be able to join you in the cardio but meanwhile I'm using my hand weights for arms, and can do a few stretching moves (well, not right now!) ... maybe it'll help a bit.

Judd managed to make his own brown rice today and pack his lunch for tomorrow so that was a big bonus. I went ahead and made my own lunch just in case I go to work, but if not at least it'll be ready anyway.

I suppose I'll go to bed now and see if I can get more rest tonight. See you all in the morning!

Tejas
01-15-2007, 11:19 PM
I just changed my tracker to learn that it won't give .5 pounds...so, OK, I'll pretend and cheat!

Tell Jenn the TRUTH??? She'll just have to find out like the rest of us :rofl:

I'm joining Kathy and Frouf in an early night. Kathy I hope your back gets better...it is so tiring to hurt.

Night all,
Rhonda

Vickie
01-16-2007, 11:29 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I am filled with mixed emotions this morning but am trying for the hopeful thoughts to emerge victorious.

Have a glorious Core day. I intend to have one too!

Tejas
01-16-2007, 12:38 PM
Hi All:

Yes, Vickie, do let the hope shine through! I have noticed lately that I am very quick to anger these days. It's not my usual response to frustration so I imagine it's got something to do with my sister's death. Loss and fear are powerful emotions!

On to the more mundane. It's frigid here now, more like winter. It was 16 F when I took my dog Anna for her walk. I told doggie Jake that he could just go do his business in the back yard until it warms up. If it reaches 20F, I'll take him out. I think I might have to set 20F as the lowest temperature at which I will walk them.

I'm working mostly from home, sitting in the sunny window that faces south and right by the radiator. That's the way I like it :beach:

I have to go in to the office later but, for now, peace and quiet. I'll do my best to get to the sports club for exercise tonight.

There's left over roast and left over chili, so I don't have to cook much today or tomorrow.

So, there's my ramblings for the morning...hope all is well with everyone.

Rhonda

Katpo
01-16-2007, 01:42 PM
Good morning ... actually, nearly good afternoon! I'm at work against my will, but there's too much to do to stay home again. Each movement creates horrible spasms, so I'm sure that if I were to go to the doctor, I'd just be getting muscle relaxers and I can't work while taking them.

I was 142.6 this morning which was a nice surprise.

I hope everyone has a great day.

ontarget
01-16-2007, 04:41 PM
hi there. i'm here to do some rambling, too. :lol: not much going on. we went to the archery center and trained. it was cold in there. our temps have been way below freezing for over a week now. maybe two weeks? our low was 2* this am. right now, it's 17* according to the weather bug on my puter. i have to tell ya'll--i'm not used to being cold. i'm going to have to start layering a lot more clothes. i plan to go to w a today. i am cold when i first get into the water but warm up with the exercising.

this cold weather is making me irritible.(is that spelled right? looks wrong.) i'm achey and cold. okay, that's enough whining out of me. the sun is shining. the roads are clear. our house is warm. life is good.

rhonda, i'm glad you have foods cooked and can have a kickback day. you must really love your dogs to walk them in such cold weather. your cozy niche sounds great. i love to be warm window light.

vickie, enjoy your core day. it makes me smile to think of you being our cheerleader again. you have no idea how important your role here is.

vickie and rhonda, i know what you both mean about emotions running. we've been going through the same feelings since curtis' mom passed. the week following her passing, we left for texas. we got home around christmas. we've kept very busy and haven't let ourselves mourn.

when i got my divorce, i went to counselling at my lawyer's insistence. my counselor told me i was mourning 2 things at that time. i was mourning a marriage that had died a slow death and i was mourning the years i'd lost by staying in that marriage. (25 yrs) mourning is important and it takes time. i guess we all handle it in our own ways but we all do it.

curtis told me that when a loved one dies, or we're watching them decline, we mourn for a couple of reasons. not only are we losing someone we loved but also someone who loved us.

kathy, i hope you're feeling better now. have you tried any of those therma packs? i got some at walmart. they are wonderful to put on your sore spot for 8 hours. that heat might help your aches. congratulations on :goodscale:

Froufy
01-16-2007, 06:19 PM
Well it's super cold here today - minus 24 with the windchill - which is still around minus 10 degrees below ZERO! Even a short walk outside is bone chilling!

Got caught up at work this morning as I was leaving for dr appt this afternoon. Good news is my bloodwork is fairly good except for my CRP. Now I think our numbers are very different from US numbers? (I think we are supposed to multiply by 14 or something like that? anyone really know?).

Total cholesterol is 4.6 (down from 4.9 2 years ago - idea is less than 5.2), HDL is 1.9, LDL is 2.06, blood sugar is normal, BP is okay (due to the meds of course), but my CRP is 7!!! (and normal is 3 or less?). Dr. was not too concerned - said we will monitor again next year - nothing to be done for this except lifestyle changes like diet and exercise which I am already working on! So I am back again in 3 months for a BP check - and maybe if I have lose some weight I will ask about getting off the meds!

Kathy - I really think you should stay home and take the muscle relaxants and painkillers if you need them - no sense in suffering and not being able to heal. Congrats on the 'good' scale numbers!

Rhonda - bundle up as it is only getting colder - what are you doing at the sports club tonight? (which reminds me I do still need to exercise).

Vickie - hang in there and stay positive - we are all here for you!

Sandra - I like Curtis' thoughts on mourning - it does affect us all in so many different ways. And they say when you're thinner you get colder faster (guess that warming layer of fat is gone)! Definitely get yourself some new pretty sweaters in a smaller size of course :D

So I had an early dinner cuz I was starving - then made dinner for the rest of the family - I am very full now - so will exercise later. Taking dd to dance class from 6:30-7:30 (I will go to Chapters while she is dancing to have a coffee and get dh this book for our anniversary present). Then the plan is to treadmill at 8 pm while American Idol is on - that should make the minutes go faster!

Time to go research that nasty CRP number!

Frouf

Tejas
01-16-2007, 09:10 PM
Hi All:

Well, the day went well. I managed to stay OP except for one piece (small) of dark chocolate. I was very hungry, got home late, had roast beef and did not go to the sports club. My plan is to do some Pilates in preparation for tomorrow mornings class. It's not aerobics, but it's moving.

I made the Unbelievable Chocolate Cake tonight from the Core recipes. It is VERY good. I'm surprised.

I'm packing up bric-a-brac to put in storage. I've got to declutter this small house. It feels good to have started.

Yes, about grief....it's true that we lose someone who loves us and that can make us feel lonelier. My sister was 16 years older and was much like a mother to me. I want to phone her, send her an email. She's up there having Margaritas made by her loving husband!

Back later to see what's up with everyone.

Rhonda

Tejas
01-17-2007, 12:22 AM
Quiet night out there...I hope that everyone is snuggled someplace warm. Of course, only after having eaten your Core meals and snacks and done your :exercise:

;)

Rhonda

Katpo
01-17-2007, 12:45 AM
Rhonda, I eat a square of Dove dark chocolate every night. It's my reward for making it thru the day. ;) I have my little Fostoria coin glass dish by the bedside full of individually wrapped chocolates. A bag will last for a month.

It has been a pretty good evening here, although I'm dealing with a few kid issues that are bothering me. Hopefully it's nothing that can't be repaired with some prayer and wise choices.

I made it thru nearly 8 hours of work today so there's hopes for tomorrow too. I sat on a heating pad most of the day which was nice. I keep one at work for when I get cold; space heaters have been outlawed since someone caught their cube wall on fire. :dizzy:

Bedtime for me ... see you all tomorrow and I hope everyone has a good, restful night.

ontarget
01-17-2007, 12:56 AM
hi there. we've been cozying up watching tv tonight. i did go to w a. i came home starved and had a large bowl of core taco soup. it's good to have food on hand. we had core lasagna for lunch. i'm glad i cooked sunday. life is good.

frouf, i hope you can get off your meds. i have to admit i'm enjoying not having to go to the restroom every few minutes in the mornings now that i'm off diuretics. speaking of which, i don't think i've gained any weight from coming off them, but i'll know for sure friday.

wow! your weather is cold. i know you girls are as tired of this as i am. i even wore a headband over my ears today. i told curtis i'm going to have to start wearing more clothes. i'm not used to this cold--i'm used to being hot natured.

rhonda, i heard dark chocolate is healthy. yours probably wasn't more than 2 pts at the most. that's not bad.

kathy, i'm glad you had that heating pad. good success tomorrow. i hope you aren't in too much pain.

it's getting late. i'm going to do some reading. i'll be back tomorrow. ya'll have a good evening.

aghiowa
01-17-2007, 10:14 AM
Morning ladies! It's also bitterly cold here. Last night when I was watching the news, it was -5 (without factoring in windchill). Today should be a little warmer...we may get into the double digits! :D

I agree that the thinner you get, the colder you get. It's been this cold before, and I've always been OK. But now in the last year or so, it seems like I'm always cold. Brrr. I've taken to turning up the thermostat, which isn't a great idea for our gas bill. Oh well.

I have weigh-in this evening. I'm thinking it still won't be very good. TOM is still around, and I don't feel any lighter really.

Remember how I roasted a duck a few days ago? It was great, but very fatty of course. Anyway, I took the leftover meat and made a nice savory soup last night with carrots, celery, onion, parsley, and rice sticks (those Chinese rice noodles). I was laughing that I had made "duck soup." (and it was easy! ;) )

I promised the kids they could have some hot apple cider this morning, so I'd better make good on that. Later ladies!

Angela

septembersgoal
01-17-2007, 11:04 AM
Hey everybody, just thought I'd check in and let you know that we made it through yesterday. Today I am exhausted and wishing I wasn't at work, but that's the way it goes.
I hope that you all have great days. I'm trying my best to stay op.

Jennpsu
01-17-2007, 01:45 PM
Helloe ladies,
Hope everyone is staying warm. I have been doing well this week but have had an overwhelming craving for chocolate, Chocolate chips as a treat last night and half a cookie from Panera this afternoon. Hopefully thats the end of it. Anyway, will try to overcome the cravings the rest of the week, but I am going away tommorrow and coming back Monday. I always have so much trouble eating well when I am away from home. I think I will try to get in a workout every morning and that will help keep off the lbs.
I hope all of you ladies have a great rest of the week
Jenn

blessedwithsarah
01-17-2007, 01:59 PM
Happy COLD Wednesday everyone. Gosh seems like its been such a long time since I've posted. I have been able to hop on and read now and again, but not as often as I was.

So, I did manage to weigh in today - stayed the same. I'm not too worried. I have been very good, and this morning my weight seemed to jump. Having my official WI the same as last week is OK. I know it will catch up next week. If I had been binging then my attitude may be different. Tomorrow is a new day!

Sarah is back to normal. She did have an odd reaction to the antibiotics yesterday - at least thats my diagnosis. She woke up with itchy spots all over her legs and stomach. They looked like bug bites. I did wash all of her bedding and sheets. But I decided to skip the last doses (she had one day left). At her 4 year old check up I need to make sure I mention this to the doctor.

Work has been very busy - I have to head out this afternoon to a meeting in Boston. Should take about 45 mins to get there - it runs from 4-6:30. So, I won't be home until 7:30 or so. I'm actually looking forward to it, in my job I don't go out of the office that often. Plus, I don't have to deal with dinner at home - dh is on his own. Hopefully he will feed Sarah something nutritional!

Angela, the duck sounds wonderful. Was it a wild duck or from the market? Dh duck hunts, the ones he gets (when he does :) ) are very lean. But yummy!

Kathy, how are you feeling today? I pulled my back out a few months ago, not fun. Try the heating wraps, those really helped me alot. There a one time use heating pad with out wires, they last about 8 hours. Thermawrap or store brands.

Rhonda, I need to find that chocolate cake recipe. sounds too good. I was going through my recipes yesterday and found a core apple cake. Its very good as well.

Frouf, glad things went well at the Drs. What is CRP? I hope in 3 months your BP meds can be cut back.

Well, got to run. I'll stop back when I can.

Froufy
01-17-2007, 02:25 PM
C-reactive protein - shows inflammation in the body - another possible indicator for heart disease!

What antibiotic was Sarah on? You definitely want to mention to dr if you suspect a drug allergy (I wear a medic alert bracelet as I am now allergic to amoxicillin and supposedly should be exposed to any cephalosporins which include penciillin!).

Kathy - glad the heating pad is helping out a bit - are you actually feeling better? I would be very cranky if I were you!...and let's not even imagine a dish with chocolates on my bedside - you can bet they WOULD not last a month! :D

Angela - the duck soup sounds great - I love duck - but awfully hard to find on any menus here!

Rhonda - try and stay warm. It is BITTERLY cold here today - like -24 celsius and no one should be outside at all. I feel so bad when I see people walking out there I want to pick them up in my van and drive them.

Melissa - hang in there - hope you can get some more rest tonight?

At work today about to head into a 2 hr meeting - Ugh! Pretty busy otherwise. Dh did drop by with an anniversary bouquet of red roses which are now sitting on my desk and perfuming my office! My leg/hip hurts today tho! Think I may have overdone it on the enthusiastic exercise regime? My right leg/hip was a bit sore while doing my 40 mins last night - and definitely more painful today. Hurts when I walk! Perhaps I shall stay off the treadmill today? Wondering if I can still do an exercise tape/dvd? or will that aggravate the issue? Hate to do nothing.

Not sure if we have a sitter tonight as we would like to go our for our anniversary dinner - otherwise we can wait til friday or sat night I guess? Bad thing is little ds is now having this anxiety when dh and I leave the house? A few weeks ago big ds ran into the house late and forgot to turn off the alarm so it went off and I think scared little ds (and the whole neighborhood?). Now he keeps saying he hears noises and is worried about 'bad guys' breaking in. Seems okay if dh and I are home - otherwise definitely wants daddy home, but mom will do in a pinch if dh is out (like I'm going to beat up those 'bad guys'?).

We have told him that he is never left home alone - that either his sister, brother or parent is watching him, that we have a very elaborate/fancy alarm system but he still seems worried? Which is becoming a bit bothersome when we leave the house. Last time we turned the intercom on in his room (it can double as a baby monitor) as we did when he was a baby - and told him to call his brother if he needed him (big ds' room is in the basement and he is sometimes there while little ds is on the second floor)....this seemed to make him happier!

Well hopefully we won't have any problems tonight if we do choose to go out?

Frouf

ontarget
01-17-2007, 02:43 PM
morning, chickies. it's still cold here, too. today's to get into the 20's. i'm still in sweats and won't get dressed to go out till this afternoon. we have league tonight. i'm layering up for that--and i'm the one who almost always shoots in walking shorts. not tonight!

angela, duck soup, eh? you may need to write a cookbook some day. hot apple cider sounds good, too. ;) ;) ;) for wi tonight.

melissa, what did you and your gf decide about going to meetings?

jenn, go to the desserts recipes and check out the killer brownies. they aren't core but they are about 1 pt each. they take care of my chocolate tooth. i hope you're going on a fun trip tomorrow. we'll be here waiting when you get back.

paula, you have a great attitude about your weight. that makes me happy. have fun on your business trip. come back here as soon as you can. i miss you when you're gone.

aghiowa
01-17-2007, 02:58 PM
Paula, my daughter had those funny bug-bite looking bumps too! It's so weird...looked like a clump of mosquito bites on several parts of her body. It lasted a few days, traveled around her body, and then went away. Was Sarah itchy with them? My daughter was itchy.

Anyway, defninitely mention to your ped, because they're very vigilant about possible drug allergies.

The duck I made was from the grocery store...domestic duckling or something like that. It had a LOT of fat on it, and the most delicious crispy skin. :lol: Not that I tasted it, of course. ;)

Angela

TechAlum
01-17-2007, 03:41 PM
Hello everyone,

I've been reading your posts and you sound like a fun group so if you don't mind I'll just hop in.

I used to post on this site a while ago (like 5 years) but haven't been around lately. I've been going to WW for a year and a half and have been doing Core since last Oct. But unfortunately have not been able to get back on track totally since the holidays. I'm hoping this will help.

My goal for Jan is to get back on the exercise wagon. I want to go to Curves 3 times a week and walk at least 3 more. So far I've been doing so-so there to :^:

Well, I'm going to go now. I'm gonna walk the dogs although the weather says it's only 29*F out :shocksn:

- Tech

ontarget
01-17-2007, 04:59 PM
:welcome: tech. a lot of us have been having post holiday problems. mine started with my birthday last week. we're all struggling--but having fun doing so. it's good to have you joining us.

Katpo
01-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Welcome, Tech! You will have fun here -- we guarantee it or your money cheerfully returned! ;)

Frouf, a very happy anniversary to you and DH! :love: I hope you're able to go out tonight and have a nice dinner, and that things stay calm at home.

It's cold here too, I think it's up to 30 now. Today's high will be 31 and the low 28, but tomorrow it's supposed to be 45 and rain thru the weekend. I hope I don't have to work much this weekend because it sure would be nice to stay in by the fire.

Gosh, they won't leave me alone! I'll be back in a bit. Sheeeesh ... a girl can't even take a little break!

Tejas
01-17-2007, 05:17 PM
:welcome2:

Hi:

Oh yes, we are fun -- and cold right now too. I put off the morning dog walk because it was so cold. It's just at freezing now so I have just returned from taking them out.

A number of us, myself included, are getting back on track also. My motivation for :exercise: is low at the moment, but I do Pilates rather consistently.

We're here to help and share.

Rhonda

Froufy
01-17-2007, 05:53 PM
Welcome Tech - the more the merrier - as you can see we are all at different stages of the same struggle - so we can definitely relate!

I am STARVING - just thought I would share that! I think the lack of protein in my lunch was a big mistake??? I just inhaled a whole bag of popcorn and drinking water now.

We have a 7 pm dinner reservation (thanks Kathy for the wishes) but may have to change that as my NASTY dd is not interested in babysitting - wants to go to this makeup sale today - and I am not interested in going today - so she is being her usual stubborn self (I offered tomorrow or friday or saturday but nothing but today seems to suit her - oh ya - maybe then you don't go at all??). So if I don't take her today she won't babysit for us - and if she does she wants to get paid $10/hr - I DON'T THINK SO!

So big ds has class til 7 - will be home around 7:30 pm - so perhaps we shall change our reservation time - altho I did not want to eat that late - and did I mention I was STARVING right now? Shall have to eat - then eat again - NOT GOOD!

Okay done venting now - our email/computers are acting up anyways so I think I shall head home!

Later,

Frouf

ontarget
01-17-2007, 06:53 PM
kathy, don't they know you need your chickie fix?

rhonda, we're up to 27* now and it's snowing. i've been inside all day--just started cooking. i made up a recipe. if it's any good, i'll post it. it's almost core.

frouf, happy anniversary. i hope you and dh have a wonderful celebration.

vickie, where are you, friend? we need you. we're all hungry and need you to talk us into staying op. (guess i should just speak for myself. ) i'm hungry and i need you to talk me into staying op.

Katpo
01-17-2007, 07:38 PM
Girls, I just need for us to have a little pow-wow for a minute. I am having a **** of a time right now (pardon the language) and am begging for prayers and good thoughts. Without going into it all, it includes Shaun, Shaun, Shaun, Kate and Kate. That would be three issues with Shaun, two with Kate. Got it? I'm about ready to start crying and not stop.

ontarget
01-17-2007, 08:01 PM
kathy, we're here for you. that's what friends are for. i will be on my knees for you and your kids. i hope everything works out.

Vickie
01-17-2007, 08:48 PM
Kathy, it's seems impossibly hard to be a Mother. I couldn't have done it. You have my prayers. I hope everything works out soon.

septembersgoal
01-17-2007, 10:52 PM
Kathy! :hug: I'm praying for you and the kids. :hug:

Froufy
01-17-2007, 11:10 PM
Adding my thoughts Kathy - hope you find a resolution to whatever is going on!

Frouf

Katpo
01-17-2007, 11:31 PM
Thanks, my sweet, dear friends. I love you all so much.

Tejas
01-18-2007, 12:34 AM
I've been out for a great evening with colleagues and am just checking in.

Frouf, I hope you had an anniversary dinner.

Kathy, I'm doing all I can in the praying and sending good thoughts departments. Hang in there and work from a spirit of love...parenting is so difficult.

Rhonda

blessedwithsarah
01-18-2007, 09:45 AM
Good morning all.

My meeting went well yesterday. It was in a new hotel in Boston that was a refab of the old police headquarters building. What a neat hotel - lots of the original architecture remains. Thankfully the meeting ended at 5:45 instead of going to 6:30 as planned. I skipped the dinner and headed home, was home by 7:00. NSV for me -- I was hungry when I left and I grabbed a granola bar. In my car I did have an apple and water for the ride home, knowing I would not be eating dinner until after 7. I did not eat the granola bar -- had the apple instead and my water. When I got home I had roast chicken sandwich on light bread and tomato soup. I'm proud of me! :D

The group we met with yesterday is coming into our offices today for the "dog and pony show" -- we show off our services and products to brokers would could sell our services. Nice break from the operations work I do daily.

Kathy, just said a prayer for you, Shaun and Kate. How is your back feeling?

Welcome Tech and Jenn!!! Its a great group, looking forward to getting to know you.

Happy Anniversary to Frouf and Mr. Frouf!! How many years? We just had our 7th in October, but I realized this morning I've known Jim for 20 years and we've been together for 15!

Well, I'm off to my meeting, I'll check back later.

blessedwithsarah
01-18-2007, 09:46 AM
Oh, Angela, I just wanted to add that Sarah was very itchy! What you described is exactly what she had!! Do you think it was a reaction to the Amoxicillian? She has only been on antibiotics twice in her life, first in November and now.

aghiowa
01-18-2007, 10:41 AM
My daughter had not had any antibiotics when she got her rash, but she was just getting over some kind of viral thing. Those can cause rashes, I know.

But an amoxicillin reaction is also an itchy rash, so who knows! If you mention it to your doctor, most likey they'll put her down as being allergic to the drugs, and she'll never get it again. Which in a way is a shame, because amoxicillin is a great antibiotic, and I think it's better than the alternatives...and also cheaper. I and my girls are allergic to anything ending in "cillin" so I know. But, you don't want to monkey with drug allergies for sure!

I say 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. It MIGHT be because of the drug, might not. I'm quite the help, huh? :lol:

Gotta get the kids suited up for school...boots, snow pants, the works.

Later,
Angela

Tejas
01-18-2007, 12:10 PM
Skin rashes are one of the most common allergic reactions to antibiotics. A helpful website for the layperson is

http://www/familydoctor.org

Congratulations Paula on the NSV. I need more of those and the SV also ;)

I'm on a committee trying to hire a new faculty member so for this week and next I have some food challenges. You get to hear interesting presentations, have nice meals out in restaurants :drool: and discuss heady things. Of course, you're there to make very important decisions for the individuals and the institution and that's critical, but the "perks" are nice too.

It's not so cold today, right around freezing. But, the snow in the ravine where I take my dogs is just at that almost ice point...can be slippery and risky.

Have a good OP day.

Bye,
Rhonda

Froufy
01-18-2007, 12:33 PM
Frouf, I hope you had an anniversary dinner. Boy did we have a great dinner - so great my body is in 'shock' - I guess I am now an 'old' person - can't handle anything too exciting?

Went to a wonderful local/french bistro type restaurant - excellent food but a little pricey so more for special occasions. Had one slice of the lovely bread from the bread basket - one glass of white wine. Appetizer was this FANTASTIC bruschetta - with garlic, fresh basil, goat cheese, all warm drizzled with olive oil and balsamic reduction - fantastic - 2 slices came - I only had one (they were huge) and dh had the other (along with his escargot appetizer). Main dish was balsamic glazed salmon on a potato pancake surrounded by grilled veggies - I ate the whole pancake (:D), all the veggies and about 1/2 the salmon and was full. No dessert, just tea!

Dinner was from 7-9 and in bed by 11 - poor dh was up half the night with the 'rock' in his stomach - and I woke up with a strange rumbling/gurgling in my tummy and not feeling so great. Now don't misunderstand - nothing wrong with the food! It seems we are not used to eating and drinking such rich food - and our bodies are now telling us so. Given my 'better' eating in the last few weeks it is no wonder my body is not feeling so good when I ingest more unfamiliar, fatty and richer foods! YIKES!

I did manage to drag myself out of bed and make it to work by 9:30 - altho dh said I did not look that great (thanks dear!). Had some tea and baby cookies at work (arrowroot) and I am feeling okay - hope to eat some lunch - and definitely need to exercise tonight to get rid of the excess baggage!

We were discussing going to the same place for Valentine's day (they had info out on this and we have been there before on Valentine's and they do a LOVELY dinner) but are now having second thoughts given our experience.

Paula - congrats on resisting temptation and waiting til you got home to eat - good for you!

Rhonda - enjoy the 'perks' as much as you can - I'm sure you will make excellent choices.

Kathy - how are you doing today? Are you okay? How is the back?

It's cold today - but at least not bitter cold like yesterday! - gloomy out tho!

No big plans - need to hit the 'makeup sale'? maybe today or tomorrow after work - otherwise no big plans except EXERCISING tonight!

Froufie

TechAlum
01-18-2007, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the welcome.

Frouf - Congrats on the anniversary, glad you had a nice dinner too bad about the after affects, but I know what you mean, I've had that experience also and its a bummer.

Paula - congrats on skipping dinner and not giving in to temptation, we all need to enjoy little victories now and then.:)

Kathy - hope things are going better with the kids.

Rhonda - I like the panting smile, unfortunately if I had to eat out a bunch I'd be more like this :hun:

Well, I suppose I should get moving, I've got a stack of stuff to do today and I've been playing on the 'puter instead. Hopefully I will walk the dogs again today, it's a little warmer but not as nice looking. Hopefully my fingers don't get numb like yesterday, I think I need new gloves.

Have a great afternoon all. :D

- Tech

Katpo
01-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Ugh. I thought today might be better. Not so much. The only benefit to this is that stress keeps me from eating more than just my mandatory 3 meals ... no mindless snacking and DEFINITELY not hungry. I'm having to force myself to eat but am doing it anyway because it's not good to starve, as we all know. The scale said 140.8 this morning. Not changing the tracker though until Monday. Hopefully I won't have wasted away by then.

Meanwhile, I hope everyone's doing okay. Thanks for the continued good thoughts.

ontarget
01-18-2007, 05:13 PM
hello, everyone. i had an accident while shooting this morning. i didn't get shot or shoot anybody or anything like that. my release aid came apart while i was drawing by bow. this caused my bow to "go off" prematurely. my arrow went into the target cuz i was facing it (of course). my right fist slammed into my mouth busting my upper lip. my left hand got cut by the flying metal piece from the release. curtis repaired my release aid, i got composed and "got back on the horse." i'm just still a little shook up.

i'm still op today, so i guess that's an nsv. last night i had a feedingfest, though. tomorrow's wi. will i ever learn? oh, well, life goes on.

paula, congratulations to you, girl!! what a wonderful nsv. you are definitely focused on what you want.

frouf, your meal sounds delicious. i'm sorry about the after effects. i've been there done that, too. but look at the good side of this. you have done an amazing job retraining your body. way to go, girl!!

rhonda, i am sending you ;) ;) ;) ;) for the week. i know you're facing a real challenge in the food department. seems like every time we (meaning any of us) get started with our program, life gets in the way. you are a strong woman with a lot of determination. you'll do well.

kathy, take care of yourself.

tech, do you work at home or away? (i'm nosey.) i'm retired and am home most of the time--and i stay on the puter a lot.

vickie, i hope you're having a better week. i just got "world trade center." i'm going to watch it this afternoon. i remember your talking about it earlier. i'll prob need a big box of tissues handy.

angela, i love reading about your bundling the girls up for school.

Katpo
01-18-2007, 05:34 PM
Holy cow, Sandra! That's horrible!! I'm just glad you weren't hurt any worse (and didn't shoot anybody). :hug:

ontarget
01-18-2007, 05:48 PM
thanks, kathy. me, too.

Froufy
01-18-2007, 06:01 PM
Sandra - you poor darling! Hope you are okay and not too frazzled? I am hoping that you are being well taken care of by Curtis - and he is waiting on you hand and foot and making sure you have whatever you need!

Kathy - hang in there - eating regular meals will DEFINITELY help! Hope your situation is resolving itself?

Almost time to head home - I was reading up on omega 3's today and decided we really need to eat more fish! I do buy fish once in a while - but of course not everyone likes every type! Usually salmon - but I also love halibut (very expensive) and fresh tuna (extremely hard to find!). Think I shall stop somewhere on the way home and get some fish for dinner??? (does smoked salmon count? :D:D)

Frouf

ontarget
01-18-2007, 09:31 PM
frouf, curtis is doing better now at pampering than he was at first. i think he was in shock. i know i was. what about walleye? i got some last week and it was amazing. also, there's tilapia. we've already had fish 3 times this week and will eat some at cracker barrel tomorrow for lunch. back in the late 60's when i first joined ww, (see how old and how long i've been fat.) we had to eat fish at least 5 times a week. we lost faster doing that. i was surprised when ww gave us more freedom--but i like that freedom. i'm not complaining.

Katpo
01-18-2007, 10:35 PM
Lordy! I think I could eat fish five times a week but I sure didn't know it used to be mandatory. I wonder what people did who don't like fish? We're blowing thru the chicken like crazy because Judd has to eat 12 oz. a day in addition to his brown rice, oatmeal, salads and tuna. So far he's doing okay on it and is still going to the gym every day.

My blood sugar was 132 this afternoon. I'm a little worried about that. It would be considered a fasting test because it had been 8 hours since eating lunch. I tested it as soon as I got home from work. I guess I'll just keep on watching it.

Frouf, if you end up taking fish oil as a capsule, there are some really good ones. We take Nature Made brand.

I'll check back in a little while.

Tejas
01-18-2007, 11:00 PM
OH MY, Sandra! I'm so glad you weren't hurt.

I enjoyed today at work very much and managed to NOT eat any cookies, even though they were everywhere. I had a banana instead!

Frouf, I know what you mean about rich foods. On Christmas Day we ate with a friend who is a fantastic cook. While we definitely enjoyed ourselves, we did not gorge. But, we felt a little queasy that night. I was sure it was because the foods were more rich than we normally eat.

We just watched "A Lot Like Love" with Ashton Kutcher (is that his name?) and Amanda Peet. It was a really cute, feel-good little movie.

I made a good chicken dish tonight. Just chicken breasts cooked in tomatoes, with onions and garlic that had been browned in a bit of olive oil. I seasoned it all with oregano, cumin and paprika. I served DH's over rice and mine over nothing. It was tasty and satisfying.

Off to bed now...

Rhonda

septembersgoal
01-18-2007, 11:34 PM
Sandra! :hug:

You too Kathy. :hug:

I'm off to bed girls...good night and thank goodness tomorrow's Friday!!! :cheer2:

Froufy
01-18-2007, 11:51 PM
Kathy - is there anything you are supposed to do if your blood sugar is higher than normal? Should you talk to your dr???

I also remember the mandatory fish meals and also I think you were supposed to eat liver once a week? I of course like liver but I know most people couldn't stand that 'rule'!

Rhonda - your chicken dish sounds so very yummy and I bet it smelled very good cooking!

Sandra - thanks for the fish suggestions - don't think I have ever seen walleye here - but have seen tilapia. Are omega 3's in all fish? I thought it was better to eat the 'oily' fish - salmon, tuna, halibut, herring, sardines, etc.

Kathy - I also found a great listing of different brands of omega 3 and how 'pure' and clean they are!http://www.nutrasource.ca/ifos_new/index.cfm?section=ifosconsumer&ifossection=5%20Star%20Rating%20Reports

And I was a bad bunny tonight - a bit more eating than normal? not really hungry just looking to nibble - and NO EXERCISE - just didn't feel like it! I have determined that I will exercise Friday, Sat and Sunday to make up for it - no room for slackers here!

...and tomorrow after work I am hoping to head out to the 'makeup sale'. Of course dd wants to come along and is already talking about a list a mile long. This is held in a big hall in the local sportsplex and they have major makeup brands - all sorts of stuff on sale from hair color to nail polish (Revlon, Almay, Olay, Neutrogena, Cover Girl, etc). They have a couple of products I always use and which are hard to find - of course by the time I get there they will probably be out of all my favorites!

Time for bed!

Froufie

TechAlum
01-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Good Morning All,
Sandra - Glad you're o.k. but I bet that hurt :eek:. I'm currently not working, I work at an outdoor history attraction and it's closed Jan - March so I'm laid off. I supposed to be looking for a new job this winter, but haven't gotten started on that either :(.

Frouf - yes, we musn't forget the liver once a week. I was a kid when my mom joined in the mid 70's and what she ate we ate!!!!!!!!!

Well, gotta go grab breakfast then lock myself in my quilting room. I promised to finish my nephews quilt to get back to him before he leaves to go back to college, and he leaves Tues. so I've gotta get on the stick.

Have a great day all.

- Tech

Tejas
01-19-2007, 03:04 PM
Hi All:

This morning I had to meet with a federal gov't honcho, along with others from the post-secondary sector. We were told that "breakfast will be served" at 7AM. You know what that meant: bagels, muffins, toast, jam, cream cheese. There was some fruit. I had water, period. As I left the meeting, I grabbed a muffin, took one bite and pitched the rest. I can't say what I would have done if it had been good tasting ;)

Now, of course, someone has brought the BEST coffee cake into the office. Why me??? Why me?? OK, one piece and that's it.

HELP!!! :lol:

Rhonda

ontarget
01-19-2007, 03:59 PM
hi there. i'm home from getting my hair cut/styled (sassy!) and will leave in a few minutes for a makeup makeover. am i on a roll or what? i am going to wi in the am instead of today. a gf asked me to go with her so that's what i'm doing. i do think i'll have a gain. oh, well.

kathy, i was one of those who didn't like fish back in the 60's. the only fish i'd eat back then was canned salmon or canned tuna. i ate a lot of tuna with mustard. we were also required to eat liver once a week, too. (i hated that.) i'd cut mine into tiny pieces and eat it like taking pills. gradually i developed a taste for liver/onions. but that was just up to "tolerable." program's changed a great deal since then.

rhonda, kudos, cuz!! you're doing great. you're inspiring me. thank you for that. last night we watched "breaking up" with jennifer anniston and vince vaughn. it was listed as a comedy but wound up being pretty serious. we also watched "gridiron gang." both were good movies.

melissa, how are you doing? i'm glad you're able to pop in here.

frouf, i just saw your message about liver. yep, i'm one of those who didn't like it. i don't know about the omega 3's. let us know what you find out. have fun at the makeup sale. i'll be at the clinique counter here in a few minutes. won't we be the great painted ladies!

tech, that's interesting about your working at a history attraction. i'll bet you meet a lot of interesting folks. (enjoy your time off.)

rhonda, here comes the calvary!!!!!!! dodge that coffee cake, girl.

vickie, how's your week? that movie i saw last night was staged in chicago. have you seen it? i thought of you while we watched it especially when they were at the ballpark watching the sox.

got to go. i am positive i'll be looking 30 years younger when i return home. (don't i wish.)

Tejas
01-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Liver and onions? Fish? ummmmm. I love them both. Especially the butter that goes with them

:devil:

Katpo
01-19-2007, 07:55 PM
Happy Friday evening to you all ... it's a quiet, rainy night here. Judd was supposed to go play poker (actually, he was just going to watch) at a coworker's house tonight but decided to come home instead. We're going to watch TV and go to bed early, because tomorrow morning he takes Precious to the vet at 8 a.m., and I'll be home waiting for the exterminator who is also scheduled for 8. After those two things are done, we have a list of errands a mile long and will be gone most of the day.

He's wondering how to preserve his manhood after carrying a 4 pound dog into the vet's office. I told him he could put her in a box, but he thought that was mean. :dunno: I told him people would think it was a snake, and that he was a real manly man for having a snake for a pet. He said no. Oh well.

I got weird news today. The hospital called inviting me back for an ultrasound. I had my mammogram yesterday and apparently the radiologist says there are things there now that weren't there last time. He told someone to call me to schedule it but when they called, I had no idea. They thought I already knew I was going to have it ... there was confusion but bottom line is that I have to go. They sure do know how to ruin somebody's weekend! I go Monday morning for the u/s. I'm sure it's nothing though.

Girl Scout cookies were delivered today. I think the others are a little upset with me because I didn't get the old standbys of Thin Mints and PB Sandwiches. Instead I got the reduced fat cinnamon kind, and some lemon things, and some shortbread. Otherwise, "someone" would blow his diet and then be sorry and I didn't want to be responsible for it.

Better go ... I'll be back in a while to see if anyone has showed up.

ontarget
01-19-2007, 08:10 PM
kathy, i'll bet that did shake you up. i had that happen about 3 years ago. i hope yours shows nothing's going on. be sure to keep us informed.

Tejas
01-19-2007, 10:15 PM
I just read something today about doing ultrasounds instead of mammograms in order to get better readings.
Let's hope they just need a clearer picture. I've been called back a few times myself; it's anxiety producing, I know.

The chocolate cake I wrote about probably isn't Core, now that I read the recipe more carefully. But, it's on the SB thread, under dessert2 and is called Unbelievable Chocolate Cake. I used Splenda, not sugar, but it does have some WW flour. I also cut it into 16 pieces, not 9 so that would reduce the points.

I've been up since 5AM and am going to bed. I bet I sleep tonight. See you all tomorrow.

Rhonda

Katpo
01-19-2007, 11:17 PM
...it's anxiety producing, I know.
Yeah, I was running out of things to worry about. Ha!

They read the report to me, saying something about the incidence of development of blah blah was present and blah blah. I sorta tuned her out at that point.

I hope you get some good rest tonight, Rhonda. I'm going to bed soon too because of getting up for the exterminator. Why, oh WHY did I schedule it for 8 a.m.? GRRR!

Vickie
01-20-2007, 10:04 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm just hanging on for dear life here in sunny but freezing Chicagoland. I finished my antibiotics for an uppper respiratory infection and now I have Jim's head cold. Sheesh! I have a Doctor's appointment on Monday to discuss many issues with him, including a very tight chest since the end of December. I'm thinking I may end up with a referral to an allergist. I'm ready.

Kathy, I'll be sending up a prayer for you that all will be well. I just went through that particular scare myself about a week ago.

Sandra, I hope your mouth is better. What a scary thing to have happen, especially with a sharp weapon in your hand! Did you cry through WTC? I thought it was quite well done and not sensationalized. We did see the Breakup and liked it alot. I would have been mad if we'd paid theater prices to see it though. It wasn't THAT good. It was definitely filmed in Chicago but it was at that OTHER ballpark...not mine! ;)

Frouf, Happy Belated Anniversary! What's up with the Wicked part of your trip? I'm SO enjoying my Wicked CD...except for the song that makes me cry because it makes me think of me and Cindy. It's called For Good. BTW, another similarity for you and I. I'm trying to eat more fish too but I LOVE liver. I would be a VERY happy girl if someone told me to eat liver once a week. I actually crave it sometimes but only let myself have it about once a year because of my cholesterol. My favorite Italian restaurant has it on special every Wednesday and it's fabulous. You could cut it with your fork.

Rhonda, I'm impressed with you. I've been known to continue to eat things that don't taste good. You really sound focused. I think part of success is acknowledging that passing on goodies is hard. The other part of success is stating your intentions to not eat them. The hardest, of course, is passing on them! You seem to be winning more battles than you lose. Good for you. Your exercise seems to be going well also.

Paula, I hope Sarah is on the mend. You, too, sound like you are doing great on program. Thanks for the new recipes. I have two barley ones that I'm going to try and if they are good, I'll post them. I'm trying to do more barley ones since they don't take up my pasta/rice/potato serving for the day. One is barley risotto and the other is barley pudding which is supposed to taste like rice pudding. We'll see.

Angela, you sound good too! You'll have all your weight back off again in no time. Me....I'd just like to get back to virgin pounds again!

Melissa, what's up with you now that school is done? How are you doing on plan?

Welcome Tech and Jenn! Good Luck on your Core weight loss efforts. I think you'll love it here in our little corner of the world.

Someone asked what medicine Jim takes for his diabetes. He takes 5 mg Glyburide in the morning if his fasting blood sugar is 100 or higher. Lately, his fasting blood sugar has been 120 to 135 but it's common for it to be elevated when a person is sick. I think he's also put on some weight.

Kathy, maybe some walking would help your blood pressure and your stress level? Our Doctor says that sometimes exercise is the only think that will help. As soon as my cold is gone, I'll be back on the exercise bike/treadmill too.

Well chicks, I'm really feeling crummy and it's time for me to eat breakfast. I've been staying on program but with no exercise not much losing is happening. I'm concentrating on smaller portions and not eating after dinner. Most days I do great.

I'm still horribly worried about Cindy and other issues. I do care very much about you all but will be continuing to lurk for the most part. Just know that I'm always wishing each of you well.

Katpo
01-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Thanks for checking in, Vickie. I've really been wondering about you. :hug:

My blood pressure is under control with medicine; it's my blood sugar that's out of whack. This morning was 109 which is better than the other day, but still higher than they want it to be. Morning results have been ranging between 108-120. In a week or so I have a follow-up appt. and will take my monitor so they can scroll thru the readings and put them in my chart.

The exterminator is here and Bindy is behaving so far. She usually tries to eat any strangers who come into the house. I think she's not quite awake yet. Precious has gone to the vet and Zuki is crouched in the corner. If he could suck his thumb, he would. He's such a baby. Aren't dogs funny? These three have such different personalities but fortunately, they get along. Well, except that Precious hates Bindy and screeches at her whenever she gets the chance. A 4-pound dog is really no threat to a 50-pound dog, so Bindy just looks at her like what-EVER, punk! :lol:

Time to make some breakfast. I think I'll have scrambled eggs today.

Vickie
01-20-2007, 10:33 AM
Ooops...I meant to say blood sugar...not blood pressure. I guess I have my own blood pressure issues in the back of my head!

Tejas
01-20-2007, 10:55 AM
Morning All:

Scrambled eggs for me too! DH is cooking them now.

Hi Vickie :wave:....REALLY good to hear from you. My :exercising: has been in the poor to fair range, but that's over! Putting the DVDs on my placemat was a good reminder ;)

I'll be back later...

Rhonda

Katpo
01-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Hey, buds. We're back from errands and about ready to take Erin over to Dallas for her P-CAT test. She's re-taking it because she wasn't happy with last year's scores. She wants to keep studying right up until the time she gets there, so I'm driving her in her car and Judd is following to bring me back. Then Erin can drive herself home after the test is over. It's a 5-hour test so I'm glad I don't have to sit and wait.

We went to Costco (dog bed, cold medicine, oatmeal and cereal, bottled water), Academy for workout stuff for Judd as well as raquetball gloves/goggles and a new gym bag, Vitamin Shoppe for whey, Old Navy for jeans for him and we also got Precious a little hoodie sweatshirt which she hates :( , and then to Home Depot for a air compressor. With the vet visit and exterminator, the total spent since 8 a.m. is $650! I figured pretty close but good grief! Oh and we ate breakfast at Cracker Barrel and went to LaMadeleine for a jar of tomato basil soup. We're staying home for the afternoon and then going to Fort Worth for dinner with Judd's parents. They bought me a pair of shoes at their Academy -- they didn't have my size at ours. They're just little shoes to wear with jeans but were really comfortable so I'm glad they had some in Fort Worth.

I'll be back after while.

blessedwithsarah
01-20-2007, 03:46 PM
Happy Saturday all. Well, we are off to Staples this afternoon, DH needs a box of bubble wrap. Did I ever tell you all he is re-furbishing a park train? Well, hopefully by summer we will have our own railroad in the back yard that Sarah can ride in. Its an old amusement park ride from the 1930s. But anyway, I just spent 1/2 hour getting my PC to work so I could get on line and do some banking. While at Staples I am looking at the new PCs. I'm just kicking myself that I didn't print off a 12% off coupon from work. They are one of our clients. Oh well......

Sarah is 100% back to normal, I'm happy to report. Thanks everyone for asking about her. Tuesday afternoon I'm going to look at a summer camp for her. I'm thrown by how early you need to sign kids up for things -- next years preschool registration was in December and from calls I've made to 2 different camps, sign up for summer 2007 started in November! The camp we are going to look at would be great - its on my way to work and the preschool group goes from 9-4 and they have early drop off. I could easily get her there by 8 and DH can pick her up. Its also 5 minutes from my mom's. I'm looking at 3 days a week for 6 weeks. They'll do all sorts of crafts AND swimming lessons! I'm excited for her -- I never had the chance to go to camps when I was a kid. Being the youngest of 7 we were sort of our own camp :)

Kathy, let us know how the US goes on Monday. In November I had my very 1st mamogram and I had to go back. The us showed nothing. From what the tech said, and since Sandra had the same thing - its common to go back. I'll keep you in my prayers. Also, I have those shoes - I love them. Mine are called Moc's by Merrill. I got them in Maine, but one town over is a Merrill outlet that I must check out.

Vickie - are you feeling better now that the anitbiotics are done? My MIL has gone through 2 rounds of high dose antibiotics to kick a respitory infection. After almost a month, its finally better. Let us know how you make out on Monday, could very well be allergies.

I'm happy to say, I was not a WW when you had to eat liver and onions along with mandatory fish. The fish I could deal with but not the liver! YUCK.

Sandra, hope your feeling better after your accident. How did the make up make over go? Pictures please!!!

I'm off to check out some websites, if my PC holds out. Check back later!

ontarget
01-20-2007, 04:40 PM
hi there. i went to ww this am and was down .2 lbs. that has me back where i was before last week's .2 lbs gain. i'm feeling good about it. we're going to friends' for dinner/visiting tonight. we need this. we haven't done much socializing in awhile.

vickie, i am glad you're going to the doctor monday. i used to have a lot of allergy problems often including upper respiratory problems that could last with my being ill for 3 months at a time. i hope you can get some relief. i didn't realize i was at the wrong ballpark in the movie. i would have been mad if i'd paid big bucks to see that movie, too. it was disappointing--not what we'd expected at all. keep us posted on cindy. i don't know her at all but i love her through you.

we didn't watch wtc afterall. i decided i'd rather watch something upbeat. did i goof or what! "breaking up" wasn't up beat at all.

kathy, have as restful a weekend as possible. try not to worry too much. (easy for me to say, right?) if you're like i am, i feel better when i find out exactly what, if anything, is wrong. it's easier to deal with a known. for me it's the not knowing that gets to me.

rhonda, curtis and i went to cracker barrel for breakfast. we don't do that often so this was a real treat. i'm using a lot of wpa's today. i thought of you last night--well, this morning--around 2:30 am. that's when i gave up and took some tylenol pm. i don't like to take it but sometimes i have to to get some sleep. i am sort of "hung over" today. oh, well. i'll spend the rest of the afternoon resting. visiting tonight will be restful, too. i should be back to being my old, feisty self tomorrow.

kathy, i just saw where you had the cb bfast, too. like minds, eh? also, i have on shoes right now that look like yours. what a hoot!

paula, i'm glad sarah is 100% again. tell her i'm sending her hugs from montana. that train!!! awesome!!!! she's going to have a ball riding it with her friends. i remember when i was a young girl (back in the days of the dinosaurs), our local tv channel had walt disney riding one of those in his back yard. i think he'd had it built for his grandkids. this was pre-disneyland. i'll never forget watching him sitting in it with both knees sticking out. he had a big smile on his face.

have a stupendous saturday, everyone. i'll be back later today if not--tomorrow.

Tejas
01-20-2007, 05:04 PM
Hi:

Sandra, you can't even buy Tylenol PM here. You can buy an analgesic with codeine in it, but not Tylenol PM, nor Alleve. I'll have to get some when I go to New Mexico at the end of this month. I going to go meet my niece and nephew and we'll settle a few things about my sister's estate.

Paula, I just read a story in the local paper about people with a three-year-old who signed her up for day care before she was born and she's still not in! NOW, that's a long wait!

It's a cold but bright day here. I've been grocery shopping (steak for dinner!) and running a few errands.

Mostly, I'm continuing my packing for the storage until we are going to rent. I've done a lot of purging but still have a lot to keep but don't need to have around. That's mostly family hierlooms and such. I want them but don't need to clutter my small space with them.

I am mulling over the possible administrative job I mentioned earlier. I've consulted a lot of people, including someone else whom I believe would be a better choice for it than I am. He has given me his support and "blessing" to pursue the job if I want. For some political reasons, his support is critical. I will probably take the next step of telling the administration to "make me an offer."

That's all from up here North of the 49th. Where's my other Ontarian, Frouf? Recovering from her anniversary ;)

Rhonda

Katpo
01-20-2007, 05:13 PM
Good going, Sandra! That's very encouraging about being back to where you were, because you know it's the right direction. Don't you just love CB? I was just about to start making my eggs when Judd got home from the vet, so I said let's go. I had eggs, one biscuit with gravy, and some home fries. Oh and water. It was just so good.

Paula, that train sounds incredible! I can't wait to see it -- I hope you'll show us some pictures! Judd has those shoes too and his are also Merrills. Mine are some other brand but were very comfy so I'm happy.

We're going to Saltgrass Steakhouse tonight with the inlaws. I'm sure I can be good there, because they have all stuff I like. Probably will have a small steak or grilled chicken, salad, and steamed vegetables. The challenge will be staying away from the bread.

My mom has had lumps and lumpectomies on a regular basis since she was in her early 20s. Both grandmothers had breast cancer and my sister had cancer, so I think they're extra-cautious. I'm sure it's nothing more than fibrocystic thingies ... and then they'll just say lay off the caffeine and come back in three months. I've gone thru this several times in the past but this time it was a little alarming because of them calling back less than 24 hours later wanting me back. Before, they would do the u/s right after the mammogram because of what they saw or felt. Oh well ... can't really do anything about it so I'm just going to forget it for now.

Happy day to all.

Tejas
01-20-2007, 06:14 PM
yeah, there's no Cracker Barrel and no Saltgrass Steakhouse up here in the North either!

Katpo
01-20-2007, 06:33 PM
Rhonda, is it legal for people to send Tylenol PM to you? If you forget to get some while in NM, I'll send you some.

Froufy
01-20-2007, 09:22 PM
Okay so now I am seriously craving liver and onions - with a side of mashed potatoes! My dad used to do such a good job of this - so yummy! (ya I know I have very eclectic tastes!).

Vickie - thanks for checking in - sure hope the cold doesn't linger too long? I had to stop listening to the Wicked CD cuz I couldn't sleep at night cuz the music was constantly running thru my head - it's in my car now but I do try to 'limit' myself :D. Plans are in place we have our Wicked tickets (row L) and flights from FLL to Tampa booked, as well as hotel in Tamps for overnight and we each fly out the following day. Actually I think both my flights are going via Chicago - so in case I am delayed or have extra time I will let you know!

Paula - I love the idea of the backyard train - I'm sure Sarah will be thrilled! And I also remember putting little ds' name down for a local daycare when I was PREGNANT with him - and I don't think they ever called me? I think I checked with them when he was about 2 and he was still 3rd on the waiting list!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy - your breakfast sounds delish - and hope your blood sugar stabilizes! Have fun at dinner tonight! Good luck with the ultrasound - I'm sure it's just a precaution so please no excess worrying allowed!

It was @#$#$ cold here today - biting cold wind - minus 24 celsius - we did go out to do some errands - got some new black t-shirts (a staple in my wardrobe) and a pretty white one w/sparkly silver stripes (sounds like cruise wear to me?). Visited the bunnies in the mall pet shop, drug store errands and decided to take little ds to a movie - Arthur and the Invisibles - I just loved it! Very cute. Yes I had popcorn and even a hot dog (but this I guess would be considered my 'lunch'?) This was around 3 pm - home now and not hungry yet so no dinner - I have now decided I don't eat until my body tells me to - so I wait for some sign of hunger before I eat.

Dh got to the mall, we passed the Subway spot - he smelled the food and immediately decided he had to have 'lunch' - I decided not to join him altho normally I probably would have? I had breakfast about 2 hours ago and I just was not hungry and decided to just watch him eat!

I did get on the treadmill last night for 40 mins but don't really feel like moving at all tonight - I am freezing cold - toes and fingers frozen so have to go turn up the heat. My weight is also not budging - I was up a pound after the 'anniversary feasting' - back down - but no further - I am finding this very frustrating as I am 'behind' schedule on my weight loss goal!

We are now on the warpath with big ds and dd - who can't seem to follow simple rules - like put things away when you're done with them, put your dishes INSIDE the dishwasher and no cooking after 10 pm - found big ds in the family room at 3 am! with defrosted spaghetti sauce container on the counter and pot of noodles - claimed he made it hours ago (ya right - then why is the pot still warm?) - so he was blasted. I don't understand why grown children can't just pick up after themselves? Is it so hard?

Dh is especially LIVID - and is now freaking out cuz big ds is having friends over to watch movies in the basement - heaven help him is there is so much as a peep from down there while we're sleeping or cooking smells - there will be @#$#$ to pay here and I am already anxious just thinking about it!

Thank goodnes I am on bp meds cuz I just feel my blood starting to boil!

Frouf

Katpo
01-20-2007, 10:14 PM
Oh, Frouf, I hear ya on that anxiety. I hope all goes well tonight.

My dinner was very good and I didn't eat too much. A teeny piece of bread, half of a grilled chicken breast, three small grilled shrimp, about 1/3 of a salad with light ranch, and about 1/4 of a baked sweet potato. I brought the other half of the chicken and two shrimp for Erin to eat when she gets home from her test. The potato had some sort of butter on it so I had to eat around it. AND I got my shoes, which I love.

Off to watch more TV...

Tejas
01-21-2007, 12:14 AM
Kathy, it probably is illegal to mail Tylenol PM, but I don't know for certain. But, I appreciate the offer. I'm only 1 1/2 hours from Niagara Falls, NY if I get desperate! But the first CB is a bit further away.

You and Frouf are making me hungry!!! Think I'll have milk.

Good night all.

Rhonda

blessedwithsarah
01-21-2007, 11:23 AM
Good morning all. Checked out the PCs last night at Staples, I think its going to be cheaper to buy a whole new PC set up (including monitor) than just the hard drive. I now know what I want and will be searching it out -- there were no real associates to help at Staples. I'll probably go to Best Buy or CompUSA to get some real help -- memory and gbs are not my area of understanding!!!

Food is going to be a challenge for me today. We are having a family party for my DHs niece who is now an attorney. Deli platters and goodies. I had a healthy breakfast and will eat something before we leave. I think if I can avoid the sweets I'll be OK.

BBl

blessedwithsarah
01-21-2007, 11:28 AM
ok, just read up on postings.

Sandra, congrats on the loss. Its moving in the right direction

Frouf, hugs to you. Hearing these stories makes me worry as to what we are going to face in 10 years when Sarah is turning 14 instead of 4. Be sure to make time for you!!!

Kathy, I'll continue to keep you in my prayers. Sounds like this is not the first time you've had to go back. Considering the family history, they should be extra cautious.

The train is going to be alot of fun. I have some "before" picutres I'll pull out and post. DH started this about 3 years ago. I told him he best get in done while Sarah would be still interested.

Off to read some more...

Tejas
01-21-2007, 03:08 PM
Hi All:

I lost another .5 pounds but I won't change the ticker since when I tried to record the .5 before this one I learned that the ticker won't accept changes except in whole units. Stupid ticker!

Anyway, it moved in the right direction.

Today we went out for breakfast with a friend, and I avoided the breakfast potatoes on my plate! Whew. I hope you do OK today at the event, Paula.

This conscious eating is worth it but sometimes you want to slip back into the unconscious aspects of consuming. This should be a good guide for life: try to stay conscious about it all.

Well, that's my Sunday sermon. I've got to work on a report for a few hours. It's been one of those jobs that I have procrastinated about so long that :frypan: is just around the corner. Got to get to work :comp:

Rhonda

Katpo
01-21-2007, 04:36 PM
Good afternoon, buddies. I'm home from running errands and ready to rest a minute. The only other things today will be: emptying DW and refilling, doing 2-3 loads of laundry, and making Judd some food in a little while. He wants the LaMadeleine tomato basil soup with some grilled cheese sandwiches. What a relief because that's totally easy and quick.

I hope everybody's having a good day.

Katpo
01-21-2007, 09:23 PM
I am wiped out and already in bed. Judd still has a bad cold so I washed his sheets tonight and then put them back on the bed. He has allergies and with two of the dogs sleeping with him, that doesn't help. Now Bindy and I are upstairs in our little room and will watch TV/play computer games until 10.

Tomorrow is my ultrasound and after that, I'm just going to block it out of my mind and not think about it anymore.

Lunch is all packed up for both of us, laundry is done, kitchen is clean, a few extra things are taken care of (like the clock my brother/SIL gave me for my birthday 2 months ago -- I finally hung it up today), clothes are laid out for the morning. I washed/dried/straightened my hair tonight, put in my FitDay for tomorrow, and balanced the checkbook.

I'd say it was a pretty productive day.

ontarget
01-21-2007, 10:17 PM
hi there. let's just say i was walking unconsciously around yesterday/last night but i'm conscious now.

kathy, let us know what you find out tomorrow.

rhonda, i wish i'd heard your sunday sermon yesterday.

frouf, i hope big ds doesn't cause a ruckus. i feel for you, girl.

gotta run. we're having some togetherness watching the ballgame. i'll be back tomorrow.

Katpo
01-21-2007, 10:24 PM
Ooooh, Sandra. :hug: I have sure been there before and know what you mean. I'm crossing fingers and toes that tomorrow starts a good week for you.

I'm pretty sure tomorrow's scale ... the official w/i day for me ... will be at least 142. I suppose I'll live with it and hope for a better result next Monday. I was planning to be at 139 by the end of January so I have to get going if that's going to happen.

Froufy
01-21-2007, 10:45 PM
Hi there,

Kathy - sounds like a SUPREMELY productive day! (and half of tomorrow's stuff already take care of as well?) - good for you. Good luck with the official weigh-in! It never goes as fast as we want it too.

Rhonda - congrats on the .5 done - I think a ticker change is in order cuz two .5 equal 1 lb in my book? Good for your for leaving those potatoes - I am not as strong and surely would have inhaled them (I usually ask them NOT to bring them and to substitute some fruit or tomato slices and they usually are happy to oblige!).

Paula - enjoy it while u can - I find the teen years way worse than any terrible two I have experience w/my 3 kids! And sorry to say I think girls are more 'trying' than boys - at least in my experience! So far they are still not quite 'getting it' - as I walk around pointing out every dish, plate, knife, newspapers, etc left willy nilly wherever - I am being vigilant but it is very tiring!

Went to the mall today after we dropped dd off at dance rehearsal - had to exchange the watch dh got me for our anniversary- I preferred the 'round' one - so off we went - it's gorgeous - very sleek and very black all over - and it's an eco-drive so no batteries required - I am now 'charging' it up under the desk lamp while I surf.

My eating was pretty wacky today - but I am NOT going down to the kitchen tonight - last night's late night visit ending up with me chowing down on copious amounts of salsa, guacamole and chips - and this morning the rings were tight - can we say 'water retention' due to too much salt! I am up a lb and hope to be rid of it by morning (as I sit here drinking more water!).

I did manage another 40 mins on the treadmill (3.3mph) but had a bit of a rubbing issue with my toes so they are now sore - wonder if I need to tighten the shoes - or maybe the old 'marathon' trick I used to do - rubbing vaseline over the 'delicate' areas so they don't rub (makes for messy socks tho and I swear I don't think we have any vaseline in the house as there are no more 'babies' here!).

Not very excited about heading back to work tomorrow - hope I sleep thru the night - I know if I wake up I will start worrying about all sorts of things!

Frouf

Katpo
01-22-2007, 04:21 AM
Good morning! Or whatever it is! Rhonda, are you here? LOL!

Frouf, I think you jinxed me by saying if you woke up during the night, you'd start worrying about all sorts of things. Yup ... that's exactly what happened to me. I was having bad dreams and woke up feeling hungry. I have a bottle of water by the bed so I'll drink that and hope it fills me up enough to sleep again.

Why is it that things seem so much worse at night? I know by morning I'll settle down, but right now I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders. :(

Vickie
01-22-2007, 10:10 AM
Kathy, that happens to me all the time. I hope you're sleeping now. I'm praying that everything will be ok for you. :hug:

Tejas
01-22-2007, 10:50 AM
Good Morning:

Kathy, I did manage to sleep last night but it looks like Vickie was awake with you. It's a struggle sometimes, isn't it.

I just try to tell myself that worrying at night rarely solves anything and only makes me tired so that I can't do anything in the daytime. Of course, such logic doesn't normally work :rofl:

Frouf, Kathy and Paula: "I feel your pain." I don't have children, but the few years that my godson lived with me as a child and then again as a teen were enough to take care of my "why- don't- I- have- children- blues"!!! Honestly, the vigilance, the worry, the fatigue are never-ending. My hat goes off to all good parents everywhere.

Frouf....great goings on the treadmill. I've found that using mine hurts my knees. There probably isn't enough cushion because the better one at the sports club doesn't bother me so much. The WATP approach is easier since I can do it on the softer wooden floor. Good luck with those toes!

Today is more of the same. Off to the union office to do "good work" and more "good work" on the report. Thank goodness I don't have papers to grade now. Boy, do I want to eat when I'm :book2: and :comp:. Where's the water!!??

Back later,
Rhonda

ps: Frouf...I changed the ticker at the first .5 so it's accurate. It wouldn't take a .5 so I recorded it as 1, which it now is.

ontarget
01-22-2007, 05:25 PM
hi there, chickies. we had a lengthy training session today. we're in high gear now readying for the big tournaments. we'll drive to bozeman fri to compete sat/sun in a sort of "warmup" tournament. the first biggee is the first weekend in march.

i'm op today. same as yesterday. it feels good to be back on track and back on program.

kathy, i need to get my stuff together so i'll have a good weightloss by valentines' day. it's not looking like i'll weigh what i want. well, guess i didn't really "want" that weight or i would have worked harder, wouldn't i? anyway, i'm going to weigh less than i do now by v day. you will, too.

rhonda, your posts are always so perky and upbeat. i didn't realize your godson had lived with you some. no wonder you and he are very close. derik is an only child but a lot of times we had other fellows staying over--even when they were in college. i always enjoyed having them around. i hear from them every now and then but not often.

frouf, i was giving myself a "talking to" about nighttime eating. that's a habit that's hard to break. was it oprah who said don't eat within 3 hours of going to bed?

kathy, how did your test go?

vickie, are you having a good week? did you go to ww today? i think i'll go fri am before we leave for bozeman. that's the plan anyway. i still have one pair of larger sized jeans. i'm debating on whether or not to toss them. i am thinking of them as a safety net and that's not good.

paula, i'd love to see photos of the train when ya'll get finished setting it up.

Froufy
01-22-2007, 05:44 PM
come on over to the new board!

Frouf