100 lb. Club - I exercised today! Week of January 14-20

SuchAPrettyFace
01-14-2007, 06:20 PM
We used to have a thread like this for every week, so I am bringing it back.

Today I took a 2 mile walk around our river in 30 degree weather. At first it was rough, as I forgot a hat, but I did it & I feel so much better now. :)

What did you do today?

melsfolly
01-14-2007, 06:59 PM
Good idea SAPF! I did 30 minutes of Tai Chi and 30 minutes of the Prevention Dance It Off followed by 15 minutes with the weights.

BarrieMomof2
01-14-2007, 07:14 PM
I did 20 minutes with the Walk Away the Pounds....1-mile walk....its a start!:carrot:

And did a 40 minute leisure walk with the family today. :carrot: :carrot:

melsfolly
01-14-2007, 07:32 PM
I love the WATP tapes Anne! I haven't done one in a couple of weeks now - but I think I'll put it in for my morning exercise.

Mrs Quadcrew
01-14-2007, 07:34 PM
I did a 40 minute brisk walk around the neighborhood. (in the cold rain no less - sure wish it was snow instead)

Sheila53
01-14-2007, 08:27 PM
Sunday is my day of rest from formal exercise, but I decided I need to move even on Sunday. So, today my DH and I walked a little over 2 miles in half an hour. It was really cold, but sunny. I told my DH that we need to do that every Sunday, even in the rain. We have rain pants, rain jackets, and all the right gear (heck, we live in Oregon!), but we've just gotten kind of lazy on Sunday.

rockinrobin
01-14-2007, 11:32 PM
Great idea!!! Maybe this WILL motivate me to kick it up a notch. When I first saw this thread a couple of hours ago, I hadn't done my sit ups for the day and it definitely pushed me to get it done. Thanks.

So yes, I did sit ups, had a nice looong walk. Did my stretching and leg lifts and dancing.

I ordered a bunch of WATP dvds last week on ebay. They should be here any day now. I'm anxious to check um out.

wchs2007
01-14-2007, 11:51 PM
I did not get to exercise Sat. and Sunday is my lazy day. But I decided to go for a walk at our park.. Spring like weather here in Alabama today.
I even walked up a very steep hill. It was great.. I came home refreshed..

dalai_lala
01-15-2007, 06:45 PM
What lovely timing! I exercised for the first time in months today... half hour on the elliptical. I just decided to do it while on my way home from work - can't imagine what came over me, but I hope it stays...

-Lala

LisaMarie71
01-15-2007, 07:13 PM
I also post in the Exercise Accountability thread in the Exercise forum, but the more threads I regularly post to, the better off I am!

Today I did a 35 minute run and a 45 minute step aerobics video.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-15-2007, 07:29 PM
Planned on 60 minutes on the treadmill and some weight machines, but the 'Y' was closed at noon today for the holiday. Ended up doing WATP...didnt get through the 3 mile even without the weights...did 30 minutes. For some reason, I feel wiped out today.

melsfolly
01-15-2007, 07:52 PM
WOW Lala! I can't even imagine doing half hour on the elliptical after not exercising for months!

Great job everyone!!

Today I rode the stationary bike for 40 minutes (I actually got interested in a television show this morning at 4:30 and forgot to stop after 30 minutes), 30 minutes of Tai Chi and 30 minutes of the Prevention Dance It Off DVD. I was supposed to do a WATP tape, but somehow got everything mixed up so I'll do it tomorrow.

Melissa

Sheila53
01-15-2007, 08:21 PM
35 min. elliptical
35 weight lifting
15 min. stretching

djs06
01-15-2007, 08:24 PM
I've missed this thread!

~90 minutes of DDR today

LondonJulz
01-15-2007, 10:39 PM
I did "week one, part 2" of the Couch - 5k training.... plus I worked on my arm muscles via weight lifting.... :carrot:

boaterswife
01-16-2007, 10:02 AM
30 Minutes on the elliptical, but I've started messing with the resistance some...it kicked my butt!

20 minutes with the free weights.

Mrs Quadcrew
01-16-2007, 10:34 AM
30 minutes of walking at 6:30 this morning!

BarrieMomof2
01-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Well did another 1-mile walk with my WATP video. I so want to try the 2 mile walk, but i don't want to overdo it. I am just getting to the point where the 1-mile walk is comfortable (without weights as the only ones I have are 3lb ones and after a couple reps of them, my arms really really feel it). As soon as I can do the walk with the weights comfortably, I will start doing the 2-mile one!

I can not believe how much more energy I have ever since I started moving more! Its truly amazing!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Anne

SuchAPrettyFace
01-16-2007, 03:51 PM
I brushed snow & ice off my car for a good 20 minutes yesterday.

Then I walked around the mall for 2-3 hours. :)

rockinrobin
01-16-2007, 04:06 PM
40 mins of walking in the freezing, gray, windy cold. Brrr. But it felt great, except for my knees, no it felt great. And my ususal other stuff, the sit ups, leg lifts and dancing.

MaWhit
01-16-2007, 05:01 PM
1/15: 15 minutes to The Wiggles, 35 minutes elliptical, yoga

JennyWenny
01-16-2007, 06:03 PM
I did a 30 min. walk and did 3 min. on the elliptical (my first time). Kudos to those that can do it for 30 min. Plus, I did 5-7 min. on recumbent bike.

CLCSC145
01-16-2007, 08:04 PM
20 minutes on the elliptical last night and 15 minutes this morning. OH, to one day be able to last 30 minutes or more on that thing!

Does anyone else just get really bored on stationary equipment? I just see that darn clock ticking by, second by second. Even if I cover it. I propped up my portable DVD player today to pass the time, but ugh. Makes something I don't particularly enjoy feel like an eternity. At least when I was able to walk regularly, I could get myself far enough away from home that to get home is going to take some time... It's so easy to stop when it's in your house!

LisaMarie71
01-16-2007, 08:06 PM
45 min run/walk on the treadmill (2 miles of running and the rest walking -- woohoo!)

luckyducky
01-16-2007, 08:26 PM
Hey glad to find this thread!!! I walked today, a little over 2 miles, and it was only 4 degrees F and falling!!! I was happy to be done, but, it felt so good walking too!!! On a side note; my 8 yr old son wanted to walk with me again today, ( I let him last week), but, it is just TOO hard to walk at my pace with him, I know I NEED to do this for me, but, I still felt quilty leaving him home while I walked...

melsfolly
01-16-2007, 08:28 PM
Does anyone else just get really bored on stationary equipment? YES! That's why this year I set a goal to do at least 4 different types of exercise a week. And even following through on that goal I still glare at the stationary bike every morning when I pass it whether I'm going to ride that day or not! I have an appointment at a gym later this week - I'm hoping that if I join at least I will have enough variety in machines that it be a little less boring.

Today I did the 2 Mile WATP tape and 30 minutes of Tai Chi.

Sheila53
01-16-2007, 08:46 PM
C.C., when I first started on the elliptical, I could go about 5 minutes at the lowest incline. The trainer I was working with said I needed to do 35 min. to 1 hour--what!! But I made it a goal to be able to do the three cardio machines I use (rowing machine, elliptical, treadmill) for an hour. It took months, but I have been able to do an hour on each. After a while, it wasn't the activity that bothered me, but the boredom. An Ipod helps, but what keeps me on the elliptical now is watching The View--I like Rosie. Six of the ellipticals at my gym have attached TV screens so I sign up for 10:00 am and watch TV while I stride. Still watch the clock a bit, but it's better. Rowing is the hardest one for me so when I row, I tell myself, okay, five minutes, then after five minutes, I say just five more, and usually I can go to 15 or 20 before I've had it. That was also the hardest one to do for an hour--my butt got sore! Now I row for 15 minutes, then do elliptical for 40-45 so I can get an hour in. On the treadmill, I just challenge myself to run, then walk, and somehow that keeps me going for an hour. I alternate between those three activities plus water aerobics.

Didn't get to the gym because of snow/ice so I did the 2-mile WATP, stretching, and some stability ball work.

dalai_lala
01-16-2007, 09:04 PM
Okay... Tuesday: half hour of stretching and weights

I'm trying something new for the elliptical this time, because I also stare at the time going by and agonize over it. Now I'm listening to books on tape while I go. It's better than just music for me, but I'm still checking the clock too much.

-Lala

Reddalice
01-17-2007, 06:55 AM
I exercised 6.78 miles today! Combo of walking, eliptical, and stair stepper! ^-~ :carrot:

GirlyGirlSebas
01-17-2007, 09:03 AM
Yesterday (I know..I'm late!) Went to the Y for the first time in ages! Its probably been 6 months since I even stepped foot in the place. Did 30 minutes on the treadmill and worked out the legs on the weight machines. My workouts have been very tough the last couple of days. I just don't have any energy. But, not giving up!

Mrs Quadcrew
01-17-2007, 09:15 AM
Good job Rhonda - just keep at it, it gets easier the more you do it!

Reddalice - WOW - that is a LOT Of miles!

Today - did my 30 minute walk at 6:30 am - I love the weekdays, I keep on track much easier. I need to find a workout DVD that I enjoy, so I can incorporate more than just my walk everyday.

BarrieMomof2
01-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Well today started off kinda rough cause I wasn't feeling too well. (TOM) :devil: ...I hate this time of the month, always feeling bloated and crampy!
But this afternoon I started to feel better so I thought I might as well get my exercise in while my boys had their nap!
Up until now, I could only do the 1-mile WATP. Today I was feeling a bit nervy...lol, and tried the 2-mile. I didnt finish it, but I got to 1.5 miles before I had to stop and slow down. I just did walking in place for the rest of it and then did the cool down. So its coming along!!!!!:woohoo:

Just so excited to see some improvement in my endurance...won't be long before I can do the 2-mile! :dance:

snm409
01-17-2007, 04:03 PM
How much cardio/exercise do you all think someone should do per day? (Someone who is trying to lose it as quickly as possible?) I have always been told that 1 hour a day is what I should strive for, and yet I also hear that I should only be doing 30 minutes 4-5 times per week. You read about celebrities who are training for movies and they are doing 2 hours of cardio a day plus weights (to lose 20 lbs. for a movie). What do you all think?

FYI ~ I did 50 mins cardio this morning ;)

dalai_lala
01-17-2007, 05:15 PM
Hi all... good work everyone, so far this week!

SNM... I'm no professional, but I've heard that the 30 minutes a day thing is sufficient. Mostly, though, just listen to your body and see what it wants. If you overdo it, you WILL regret it. Yesterday, for instance, during my crunches, I really wanted to get to 50 (I used to be able to do 100 a day, but that's another thread altogether) but at 45 I got a nasty cramp in my abdomen and that was just it. No more floor exercise, I had to get up and switch to arms.

Anyway, today is my third day in a row! Woot! I only did 20 minutes on the elliptical today, my legs just weren't gonna make it to the 25 or 30 minute mark... But at least I did something, even though I wasn't feeling great, so I'm happy! :dancer:

-Lala

LondonJulz
01-17-2007, 05:29 PM
1/15: 15 minutes to The Wiggles

I actually laughed out loud at this one MaWhit! My son ADORES the Wiggles and I find that we spend a good portion of the day with them either on the TV or cd player. They should have an exercise video out.... I bet a person would get a good cardio doing what they do in an entire concert...... lol

rockinrobin
01-17-2007, 05:34 PM
30 mins Walk Away The Pounds. I just got these yesterday and so far, so good. Very, very doable. I did the one mile video 2x. Tomorrow I'm gonna try the 2 mile walk.

dandk0204
01-17-2007, 07:26 PM
30 min of the biggest loser dvd

Sheila53
01-17-2007, 08:05 PM
SNM, my trainer says 35-60 min. most days. I strive for 60 min. a day 6 days a week--note the word strive. :) Here's a link with some guidelines:

http://www.health.gov/dietaryguidelines/dga2005/document/html/chapter4.htm

Today: 1 hour water aerobics, 35 min. weight lifting, 15 min. stretching

JennyWenny
01-17-2007, 08:09 PM
I walked for 30 min. Mixing it with inclines of 1-2 at a speed of 3.1.
Upped my time on the elliptical to 4 min. :dancer:

melsfolly
01-17-2007, 08:17 PM
I rode the stationary bike for 30 minutes, 20 minutes of Tai Chi and 15 minutes free weights today.

GirlyGirlSebas
01-17-2007, 09:10 PM
45 minute brisk walk around the neighborhood. It was a beautiful day! Sunny and 65 degrees.

LisaMarie71
01-17-2007, 09:14 PM
Today I did a 55 minute treadmill walk with hill intervals, then I took a 60 minute bodysculpting class that kicked my butt!! That trainer was insane!! I did it all, though, so I'm proud of myself!

MaWhit
01-18-2007, 01:12 AM
1:17 30 minutes exercise bike

Dragonfly7
01-18-2007, 02:43 AM
I went to the gym (Got there right at 5:00AM!) I walked 10 minutes on the walker, then I went and did some weights, after that I went and walked 2 miles, and then I got on the bike and did 2 miles! :carrot:

Mrs Quadcrew
01-18-2007, 10:19 AM
My 30 minute walk at 6:30 am - right on schedule!! I am going to try to find some exercise DVD's this weekend so I can incorporate something else into my day besides the walking.

Great job everyone!!!

HottieInHiding
01-18-2007, 10:30 AM
I got on my exercise bike yesterday, for 16 minutes. Was shooting for 20 but got off to call hubby and warn him of freeway closures! Then never got back on :)

Then took my son to the gym for his rock climbing class, and ended up doing 25 minutes on the treadmill.

Not too bad for just getting back on track. I wasn't going to add exercise this week but decided to go for it!

SuchAPrettyFace
01-18-2007, 12:29 PM
30 min power walk through the mall last night!

GirlyGirlSebas
01-18-2007, 01:11 PM
I am going to try to find some exercise DVD's this weekend so I can incorporate something else into my day besides the walking.
Great job everyone!!!

Hi Mrs Quadcrew,

I can vouch for Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds DVD. Yes, it is walking, but its a bit more too. She does some simple moves that you can really feel in the backside and thighs. The DVD I have has a 1 mile, 2 mile and 3 mile workout. It would vary the routine a bit so you don't get bored.

Today, hubby and I went to the 'Y' and did the treadmill for 60 minutes. I really feel good! :dizzy: I never thought I'd say that! And, having hubby with me kept me motivated. I'll have to drag him with me everytime.

JennyWenny
01-18-2007, 07:16 PM
I walked on the treadmill for 30 min. I started out at 3.1 w/ 0 incline. After five min., upped it to 3.2 w. 1 incline. Did that for ten minutes, upped it to 3.3 w/ 3 incline for ten min. For the final five I did 3.0 w/ no incline.

After that, I got on the elliptical. I ended up talking to some people and doubled my time from yesterday. :carrot: :carrot:
I did 8 minutes. I was so happy :dancer:

I have a key to the gym now, so I will be going on weekends, also. :dance:

melsfolly
01-18-2007, 08:26 PM
I had to postpone my appointment at the gym, so that's on hold another week but I'm hoping that I do decide to join because I'd love to try the elliptical! Of course, I have the feeling that I'm more of a 1-2 minute person! :lol:

I rode the stationary bike for 30 minutes and did 30 minutes of the dance video.

Sheila53
01-18-2007, 09:31 PM
That elliptical is definitely a killer when you first start out. It gets better, however. :)

I went snowshoeing with my sister for about three hours. Great exercise and lots of fun!!

Penney
01-18-2007, 09:46 PM
I went to Curves today - it's fun - gets me out of the house (something other than going to work each day or grocery shopping) - and the cool part - I was jogging on the recovery boards...... yay!!!!

LondonJulz
01-18-2007, 09:47 PM
:wave: Good evening my fellow losers!

Today, I did my Pilates video and tonight - I power-walked 3 miles on the treadmill!!!!!!!!! It felt so good!!!!! My legs wanted to keep on going - but I couldn't! The one other lady in the work out room with me turned the TV to CSI. I guess I got so engrossed in that show that I didn't realize how far I had gone! I was only planning on trying to make it 2 miles - but I'll take 3! :carrot:

HottieInHiding- I understand the "wasn't going to work out, but went for it anyway" thing. I SO did not feel like going to walk tonight. In fact, I told my husband to go on and do his workout because I didn't feel like walking. He asked me why? I didn't really have a reason, just tired. So - he said "so, do you feel like being overweight one day longer?" (Gosh, I love that man!!). So, that got me up and going. I was only trying for 2 miles and did 3!!!! Way to go on getting back on track! I know it can be hard to do, but it's so worth it in the end!

JennyWenny - My hubby SWEARS by the elliptical. He can't do a treadmill anymore since he's started the elliptical. He says the treadmill hurts his knees. I'm that way about the elliptical - it hurts my knees. Maybe when I lose a little more weight - I can do it. But, I know how hard it is!!! Good job!! I love getting lost in conversation (or a TV show) - because time passes SO quickly and you don't even realize it. Otherwise I just stare at the clock....

You are all doing so well!!! High fives all around! :high:

boaterswife
01-18-2007, 10:41 PM
Just got off my elliptical...30 minutes of pyramids! Woo Hoo!!

LostBombera
01-18-2007, 10:50 PM
Evening everyone

Mind if I jump on the wagon too???

I did 40 min eliptical machine in the AM and a 1 hour yoga class tonight . . . I think I am going to be sore tomorrow . . .

Dragonfly7
01-19-2007, 12:41 AM
Today I woke up feeling sick, so I didn't get to the gym at 5:00AM like I usually do!:( The good thing is that I did wake up around 8:30 and felt a little better, I surprised myself by toughing it out and actually going. I only walked 1 mile on the treadmill and 1 mile with the bike, but I didn't do any weights like I wanted to do, I was a little bummed out about it at first but now I'm thinking at least I got to do 2 miles, that's better than nothing!!!:D

krlynn76
01-19-2007, 07:50 AM
I saw this thread last night and unfortunately yesterday was the only day this week that I did not actually exercise. But I got up today and did the Walk Away the Pounds DVD for 1 mile, :carrot: I wanted to do 2 miles but I didnt have enough time before having to get the kids up and ready and me ready for work. I started Sunday with the WATP with 1 mile,:carrot: on Wednesday I did the 2 mile :carrot: and wow did I feel it !
For anyone who does the WATP do you do anything in addition to that? I have some very old Tony Little VHS tapes that I used to do and I loved them but I dont want to overdo it. Thanks

Mrs Quadcrew
01-19-2007, 08:04 AM
I did my 30 minute daily walk at 6:30 this morning. It was COLD out there today ~ 20 mph winds. I just kept thinking, I am burning more calories trying to keep warm too!

Sheila53
01-19-2007, 05:24 PM
Water aerobics for an hour, stretching, and some ab work. Had my personal training session today, but we talked for most of the session (about relevant stuff) so I didn't lift any weights.

melsfolly
01-19-2007, 07:41 PM
I'm taking a small break today - 30 minutes on the stationary bike. But I'll be back tomorrow with at least an hour of exercise!

Krlynn - I'm trying to get in an hour a day of exercise. But I started off with 20 minutes, then built up to 30 and just kept adding. You just have to listen to your body - it will tell you when you're overdoing it.

Melissa

LisaMarie71
01-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Yesterday: rest day
Today: 50 minutes on the treadmill (2.5 miles of running and the rest walking). I was really proud of myself because I ran for 2 miles without stopping, and then after a quick walk break I did another 1/2 mile at a faster pace. Woohoo!

LostBombera
01-19-2007, 08:58 PM
I exercised, 30 min easy/beginner yoga . . . but I figure that's fine since I did 40 min eliptical machine and a 1hour intense yoga yesterday . . . I think I needed an easier/stretching/toning day today

luckyducky
01-19-2007, 09:25 PM
Has anyone but, me found that this exercise stuff is addictive? I was on-call last night and worked late so i couldn't do my walking ( not even with WATP, got home at 1000, and still had 10 horses to feed and an 8 yr old to help with his spelling homework...). Anyway, today, I was tired and beat, took a short nap and got up refreshed and psyched to go walking!! I walked about 3 miles this evening!!! And LOVED it!!!! Here is the cool thing about it though, I HATE to exercise!!!! Funny, isn't it??

JennyWenny
01-20-2007, 09:21 AM
I know what you mean luckyducky. I am finding myself addicted to exercise as well. I can't wait to go and see what I can to everyday. If I don't go, it is all I think about until I go.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I did my usual 30 min. walk on the treadmill and a whopping 10 min. on the elliptical. Pretty good, considering, on Tueday I only managed 3 min.

Penney
01-20-2007, 07:44 PM
I went to Curves today - (got my "me" time in.... :D)

Krylynn76 - Actually I do use WATP - LOVE IT!! But - I normally lift weights at home - and then do one of the WATP. But - I also do other programs as well. Admittedly - I can get bored easily. :o I have in the past - and am not taking any chances this time.... :dizzy:

melsfolly
01-20-2007, 08:54 PM
I did 1 hour on the bike and 30 minutes of Tai Chi today.

LisaMarie71
01-20-2007, 09:24 PM
1 mile group run today...definitely not enough cardio, but I didn't manage to squeeze anything else in.

LostBombera
01-20-2007, 11:03 PM
Hi everyone,

45 min on the recumbant bike and 45 min yoga tape, feels SOOOOOOO good!!

Dragonfly7
01-20-2007, 11:54 PM
I did 10 min. on the treadmill, then did some weights for about 20 minutes, and then walked 2 miles.

Wildfyre
01-21-2007, 12:57 AM
20 minutes on the treadmill, 15 minutes of Dancing off the Inches, and then took the dogs out for a walk (1/2 mile maybe)