WW Clubs and Groups - Monday Weigh-In's Here

View Full Version : Monday Weigh-In's Here

Bandmom1011
01-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Hello everyone. This thread is for anyone who goes to Monday meetings. Feel free to chat in here too. I just thought it would be kinda cool to have our own little Monday group.

So here is my intro....

My name is Jodi, I am 35, married for 16 1/2 yrs and mom to 2 ages 13 and 15
I live in rural Indiana and just started my 2nd round of WW this past Monday. I need all the support I can get and thought if I started a topic, maybe we could all get some support in here. I thought it would be neat to also discuss anything that comes up during our weekly meetings, comments, questions, ect. And let's celebrate those weigh-in's.

Come on girls!!! Anyone in??????

Bandmom1011
01-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Ok, I hope that you all will be posting today. I went to my weigh in this morning and I have lost

3.2 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so excited and renewed for another week of success. I am going to try and start exercising this week. That is my goal

FrouFrou
01-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Hi Jodi...

Count me in. I just joined WW Monday, the 22nd. Looking forward to my first WI!

WTG on the pounds lost! :woohoo:

Bandmom1011
01-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Hi Cristina nice to see you over here!
I had a 1 lb gain this week, TOM- so I am expecting a great wi next monday.
So, what plan are you following?

FrouFrou
01-30-2007, 01:46 PM
Hi ya Jodi! :wave:

Forgot to WI here yesterday...I am down 4 pounds! :carrot:

It was a bit of a challenging week for me, being the first week. At times I felt like I was starving. But I know once I get the hang of it and get menu's planned and such it will be better.

I am following the flex plan. For my lifestyle this is the better fit.

Don't you just hate TOM? Just messes up those WI's for sure. I know you will see a loss next WI. I'm rootin' for ya! :cheer: :cheer:

Bandmom1011
01-30-2007, 03:17 PM
I forgot to come here and WI yesterday myself. I had another 3.2 loss, I was very happy with that. Plus that brings me into the 100's- yeeaaahhhhh
Like I told my hubby, that's 199.8, but by golly that is UNDER 200 for me. :-)

I haven't told my mom that I am doing WW again. My main reason is this...
I know that even when I am doing well, I won't see it and I will start to get down and wind down. I am counting on my mom to speak up about then and ask me if I am losing weight. She is going to be my secret weapon in keeping my momentum. Now she probably won't like it that I didn't tell her to begin with what I am doing, but OH WELL!!! But I know her, she will tell you when you are losing weight and she will tell you when you are gaining- so I KNOW without a doubt she won't be able to help herself when she notices.

Even at 6 lbs, I am noticing that my pants are fitting better. It won't be long before people start noticing.

I am so glad that you have posted here. I really thought more ladies would chime in. I am still hoping they will.

-Jodi

FrouFrou
02-03-2007, 03:38 PM
Woohoo Jodi! :carrot: :carrot: WTG for being in onederland! It is a great feeling to be under 200 for sure! DH lost 7 lbs so far and he said he feels a difference. I've not tried my jeans on yet.Last time I went to wear them they wer snug and I ended up taking them off and putting sweat pants on, lol. But I've not lost enough to feel a difference I don't think. I will try them on after Monday's WI. But that's great that you feel a difference...it totally makes your day doesn't it? My mom sounds like yours. She will let me know if I am losing and especially gaining. Glad I don't see her often. Actually, that is not true...I do wish I lived closer to my relatives...I miss them. I've not told her I started WW...seems like every time I start something she decides to and turns it into a competition between us.

I keep forgetting to come here to post too!

Yeah, hopefully more will jump on the thread. There has to be more than just the two of us that WI on Monday, lol! Maybe in time...

Hope you are having a great day/weekend!

FrouFrou
02-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Hello, hello, hello...:wave:

Well, today is WI! I was hoping for a bigger loss but I will take what I can get. I am down one pound this week. :carrot: Going to work harder this coming week and focus on getting more veggies and fruits.

JODI...how are you doing? Hope you have a GREAT loss today!

Bandmom1011
02-08-2007, 12:24 AM
I maintained this week. I am so frustrated. I am about ready to just say forget it and go back to eating without a thought about what I am putting in my mouth. I know, I shouldn't feel this way. I just am so frustrated, I feel like what's the point. I am going to be fat for yet another summer and not be able to wear nice, hip and happenin' clothes. Maybe I am just supposed to BE fat? I have to get out of this rut I am in before I destroy what little progress I have made. It was so much easier (and came off faster) the last time. ARGH!!!!!

I see that you had a good WI and that you are feeling more successful than I am. I am proud of you for losing another pound- WTG girl!!! :-)

On a positive note, I did get my 5 lb star this week! Did you get one too?

Carobelle
02-12-2007, 04:33 AM
Well Hi there,
I am a Monday WI kinda gal (it's monday morning here in the UK) so in preparation for tonight I thought I would check out your thread!
I have kept to my points all week (well, almost... tuesday was a bit of a crazy one, but still!) and so I am hoping for a loss.

Jodi - you are NOT going to fat for this summer, you are going to be svelt and gorgeous and feeling fantastic after losing masses of weight... just keep it up! Maintaining is a MILLION times better than putting on which is what might happen if you give up (it did to me!)!

Christina.. fab, a fellow diet coke addict!! I am going to try and cut down next week, I really drink too much, but this week I have 4 deadlines for univeristy (just gave up the working life to go back to study!) so will need the caffeine, plus it stops me binging!

Anyway, after losing a good amount of weight I kind of fell off the wagon and gained again, so now am back in a motivated frame of mind and doing ok!
Hope your weigh ins go well, I will post how I get on this evening!

Caro

Bandmom1011
02-12-2007, 12:23 PM
Hi Caro I was so excited to see another Monday WI gal!!!! I am curious as to how you did at your WI today. As for me, I maintained AGAIN. I know I can't give up, but boy the thought continues to cross my mind. I know that I have to keep pressing on. I keep telling myself that the time is going to pass whether I stay on program or not. But if I go off program, I will be even bigger. Just would like to see a couple pounds come off so that I could get a second wind. :-)

Cristina looking forward to seeing your WI today.Hope that it was a good one. Did you get in more fruits and veggies last week like you planned? I am going to work on getting my water in. I was doing well and then I got away from it again. I filled up my jug, all I have to do is drink it all before bed. Much easier to look at it and say I only have to drink it, and not 8 glasses (it's 8 glasses worth, but you can mess with your mind saying only 1- haha).

Planning for a blizzard- hope we don't lose electricity. Not only would I lose the computer, but we will lose water and that means not being able to flush the toilet- ugh! Plus no heat, but we do have a kerosene heater if that happens. We live in the middle of nowhere so chances of us getting snowed in are very great.

Have a good week!

Carobelle
02-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Hey!
Thanks for the welcome... Monday must be a rare day for weighing in!

I know what you mean, it is so nice to see a good loss to spur you on, especially when you've really being putting your all into sticking to it! I just looked back at my old original card and in my first weeks I had some good losses and then maintained for 2 weeks then settled into a slower loss thing... so keep on keeping on, you'll get there!

Well as for my WI... I lost a pound... now I know a pound is great, and slow is better and losing is better than gaining and all that crap BUT! I worked so hard at keeping totally within points this week!
Also see, as a student again I have to watch the budget (as well as the waistline!) and if I could just get down to 151 then I wouldn't have to pay to weigh anymore as that was my original goal when I started! Cheapskate, I know, but still!
As for the weight loss... I'll keep ridgidly to points again this week, add more exercise (I say more, I actually only swam once last week!) and keep convincing myself that it would have been more off today if I hadn't begun the monthly blessing and had the gorgeous london rain wet my jeans nearly to the knees (that must count for pounds and pounds surely!?)

SO! Just try and stop me next monday (even if I have to weigh in in my underwear!)

Ok, personal pep talk over, hope the week goes well... don't get too cold there (though I do have snow envy!) and I'll catch you guys on here soon!!

Caro

NellieNell
02-13-2007, 08:58 PM
Hello everyone!!! I am also a Monday weigher. I started on 1/08/07. This is my umpteenth time on WW. For some reason this time I have actually lasted longer the 2 weeks. This is the 2nd time I've done that. The most I have lost was about 26 lbs. This, however, was back in High School. I am now married with 2 kids, so things are a little harder. Considering I'm the only one in the house with a weight problem. I have been heavy my whole life, because of my Mom, I'm ready to finally change. She has lost about 75 lbs. She found out last year that she has Type 2 diabetes, so she has been a loser since. She is my motivation. She now weighs less than me, which is first.

Anyway, I hope that everyone has a wonderfull week. Later.

Carobelle
02-14-2007, 03:03 AM
Hey Shanell!
Well Done for sticking to it! And I can't think of a better reason to keep losing than good health...though my vanity is doing ok at sending me back each time i fall hard off the wagon!
Good luck for this week... have you got any special plans to keep you on the straight and narrow?

Jodi and Christina. how are you guys going?

Caro

Bandmom1011
02-19-2007, 02:05 PM
Shanell Hello and WELCOME!!!!
I am sorry I didn't get to you sooner. I am so glad you have joined us and that you are sticking to it. I see on your ticker that you have lost 11 lbs- WAY TO GO!!!!

Caro Hello! I hope you are doing well. You don't need to have snow envy cause I would gladly pack it up and send to you. We had a blizzard last week and was snowed in our house for a day and 1/2. The wind is blowing today and actually drifting the roads again from the snow on the ground. I kid you now, we had 2-3 FOOT drifts in our driveway. It took me, hubby and our 2 teenagers 2 1/2 hrs to dig our driveway out to the road!!! Talk about being SORE! I had pains in muscles I didn't know I had.

Cristina Hey there! I hope you are doing good so far. Feeling good and motivated today.

As for me, it's that TOM again and I still actually lost 1.0 What would it have been without TOM??? I am just so glad to have gotten my 2 weeks of maintaining done. I know that it was in part due to me exercising last week. I got from my chair to doing a little bit of exercise. I am stepping up a little this week. I think that just getting out of the mindset of thinking that since I wouldn't do 30-60 min I just wouldn't do anything that has helped. Even doing 5 min here and there will help. I think we have just been hit so much with you have to do aerobics and get that heartrate up for X amt of time has helped up get into this mindset. So we think if we can't do it all we can't do anything- at least that is the way I have thought.

Ok, I am going to get off here. Take care girls!!!!!!!!

FrouFrou
02-19-2007, 03:03 PM
Hi ladies...

:welcome: CARO & SHANELL! So glad to have more fellow Monday ladies.

Sorry for being MIA...for some reason I keep forgetting to check here. :doh:

JODI...WTG on the pound gone! :woohoo: Finally broke that little plateau. That has been my fear, I will hit one and it will last about a month and then BAM! I lose a pound. Keep up the good work with your exercise! And you are so right! As long as you get some in it doesn't matter if it's 5 minutes here and there...it all adds up!

CARO...woohoo on the pound last week! I wouldn't say you are a cheapskate. Having free meetings seems more like motivation to get the weight off to me than being a cheapskate! I never thought of it that way so thanks for the tip!

SHANELL...that's great that you have your mom as a motivator! You guys can do it together!

I am down a pound as well this week! I thought I did better than I did but I didn't get as much exercise in as I hoped to. Plus TOM, ugh. Of course that right there does a number on ones body. Today my goal is to stay on track with my points everyday and to get in my exercise 6 days this week. Looking forward to a bigger loss next week. :crossed:

Hope everyone is having a good day! Chat with ya later :hug:

Bandmom1011
02-19-2007, 05:29 PM
:carrot: WhooHoo Cristina- you lost a pound, even with the pesky TOM!

Can't wait to hear the other WI's are this week.

Ok, I am trying to think of how we can liven the 4 of us up. I was thinking maybe every week we can touch on one of our challenges and have a race between us. Such as, I don't mind drinking water, I just don't. Each of us could set our own goal and then check in and see who drinks the most, who reaches thier goals, ect. So, tell me everyone, what is your biggest challenge???

Is it getting your water in?
Is it exercise?
Is it something else?

Post and let me know if this sounds like something you would like to do.

Carobelle
02-19-2007, 07:23 PM
Way to go guys, I think this is a darn fine week for all of us! Well, I had TOM to contend with last week... and this week...
drumroll please...

I lost 2 and a half pounds!

I worked fairly hard for it but also realised that staying within points and doing a bit more exercise wasn't really the chore I had thought it would be, maybe I am just in the right frame of mind for it now. And I'm tracking EVERYTHING online which i think makes a big difference. (will come back to this post when I fall off the wagon and complain about it being hard stick to!)
Oh and Christina... no more paying! You're right, I'd happily pay but it is a motivating factor since I was so close to NOT shelling out!

Anyway, am really thrilled. Was within points all week, plus 45min run/walk interval things or 30 mins good swimming 4 days in a row.
Then weekend hit... had horrible day sat..on my feet for 10hrs (damn retail!) as well as feeling down while surrounded by all these lithe young things complaining about their weight (had a big rant on featherweight board that night after a girl commented on my belly...but am over it now so will spare you!)! So went over points... like WAY over, but week of exercise probably covered it and was remarkably good at a baby shower i went to on Sunday!

How was your second week Shanell?
And Jodi and Christina... awesome to have 1 pound gone during TOM, and to break plateau! I bet shovelling snow counts for pretty active exercise! Poor you!

I absolutely agree about doing some challenge or tracker or similar. I am the same with water.. actually quite like it but just completely forget.

I'm game if you are!

As for the rest of the week (now that you've been reading my post for half an hour!) i am going to exercise tues-sat, alternating my run/walks (I can't do long periods of running so I intersperse it) swims and just nice chilled walks if weather is good.
Working sunday and then... off to Portugal for 4 days on Monday!!
Aaahhh BIKINI! (well, only while I pull wetsuit on, but still!)
Aiming to keep within points too... best save some for my friends amazing cooking next week!

Think I may try to weigh in on Friday just so I have something to go on and don't miss 2 weeks.

Right! Enough from me, sorry for all my rambling!

Have a great week...I look forward to hearing if you all wanna have a Rehydrate Challenge... or something else to keep us going!

Carobelle
02-19-2007, 07:24 PM
Oh my Lord, my post really didn't seem THAT long when I wrote it!
Sorry and feel free to skim!
Caro

Bandmom1011
02-19-2007, 09:42 PM
Caro- I found your post to be interesting!

A water challenge will be great. How do you think we should do it?

You know a lady in my meeting today was talking about just coming back from a couple of mths in Florida. She said usually she gains 10-20 lbs and she said that she kept track of her weight while gone and did the best she could and this time she only gained 3 lbs. I thought of that when you said you were going to be going Portugal for 4 days. I totally agree that you should weigh in right before you leave and then just stay conscience of what you are eating and leave room for your friends cooking. If you keep drinking your water and stay aware, I bet you will come back having a loss. Because you will be running around and having fun and not just sitting around, you will be more active than you will even realize.
Most of all- HAVE FUN and RELAX!!!!

biglooser
02-19-2007, 10:17 PM
I was reading operah and came across this web sight so I am gonna try it. I don't go to the meetings but I do WW at home. I excercized today and weighed myself today so I am hoping to start and stick! I have done good before I just need to get started again. :)

Bandmom1011
02-20-2007, 12:08 AM
A big :wel3fc: to you Biglosser! And :welcome: to our little area on here too. I am so glad that you decided to join us.

We have a few ladies in here and we have started supporting one another and our little circle :grouphug: is big enough for YOU too!!!!

Please tell us a little more about yourself. What are your personal goals? What do you struggle with? Ect, ect

I am Jodi. I am 35, mom to 2 teenagers. I struggle with exercise and drinking my water and portion control. I do attend WW meetings, but I get my support really from these groups. I am only 5 ft 1/2 in so my goal of 155 is still WAY above what WW says- they say 103! hmph like I can't remember when I last weighed THAT- I was prob about 10 yrs old. I was 135 in school )(size 12). If I could just wear a 14 I would be happy. Be able to buy cool, in style clothes off the regular racks! Don't think that is asking too much.

Anyhow, enough about me... what about you???

NellieNell
02-20-2007, 09:12 PM
Welcome Biglooser!!!! :flow1: :flow1:

Hello, ladies. I had my weigh in and gained 1 lb. But that is OK. I know why. I didn't track, didn't exercise, and ate out most of the week last week. Not to mention TOM just showed up after being a month late. I had just took a week off. Now it is back on track. I have recorded everything that I have eaten today. I didn't get in all of my water today, tomorrow I will do better.

The hardest thing that I have to get in is exercising. Water usually is not a problem. I don't mind exercising, but I would rather do it early in the morning, but am not a morning person at all. I bought the WW DVD set to work with. It was kinda hard. But, I'll work on it.

So, my goal for this week will to be to get in 10 Activity Points for this week. :exercise:

By the way, Caro, enjoy your trip and stay safe :beach:

Bandmom1011
02-21-2007, 01:16 AM
Oh my goodness- not only do we all WI the same day, I think we are all on the same monthly cycle! lol

I think it is great Shanell that you IDENTIFIED why you gained. We can't fix what we don't admit to. Since you saw what the problem is, you CAN fix it and that is a great step. I would say that even though you didn't have a scale victory, you had a non-scale victory!!! yeaahhh
Since the majority of our struggles come from between our ears, I would say that non-scale victories are as important if not MORE important than always losing.

Caro Sorry I didn't comment on your wl of 2.5 pounds! Way to go!!!!

Way past my bedtime, but I know that when I lay down I will have a coughing fit and wake dh up, but I can't stay up forever- night

Carobelle
02-21-2007, 03:12 AM
Hey All and WELCOME biglooser!
oooh, yesterday was Pancake Day and I indulged a bit! Ah well, it's another day!

Jodi I definately need to be getting onto the water! Just realised I didn't drink ANY yesterday. oops!
And as for Portugal...no worries about me relaxing, am going out to see my very pregnant friend (and her hubbies a friend too) and she said to me..."so you can sit in the evening and eat and chat with me and then go surfing with R during the day!" Sounds like the perfect life!

Shanell - I agree with Jodi, sounds like you are on the ball, knowing why you gained and what to change. You Go Girl!

I have a huge day today, so fingers crossed I can stay on points (couldn't drag myself out of bed early enough to exercise!)
Have a fab day.

Bandmom1011
02-22-2007, 01:45 PM
Exactly- each day is another day! Forget about the screw ups of our yesterdays and keep pressing on.

Have a great rest of the week!

Jane
02-23-2007, 11:02 PM
Just passing through and wanted to say.....
Good luck on your weigh-ins Monday! :crossed:

Carobelle
02-24-2007, 04:18 AM
Thanks Jane!

Hey Guys!
This week has been so hectic for me and I missed a weigh in yesterday so won't be able to see where I'm at before I go! This is especially bad as it has not been the greatest week eating wise! Only managed one gym visit and a few of my days have been a little over points! Ahhhh!
Am hoping I'll be active enough in Portugal to help me out a bit... don't want to go backwards, I want to get into the 140's!!

Anyway, I have new motivation for getting rid of the last 10 pounds... I've just found out that I'm one of 3 out of 60 on my course chosen to go and do a semester abroad in New York! I am so excited! What i don't want is to be over there and being bothered by my weight (bothered in a self esteem way i mean).. i know it will be hectic and I want to be concentrating on getting the most out of the course there and the city itself!

Anyway, gotta fly, so much to do but just wanted to stop by... and if I don't get to post tomorrow... GOOD LUCK for MONDAY!!

Bandmom1011
02-24-2007, 01:58 PM
WOW Congratulations on being in the running for New York. Do you all have a lot of restaraunts where you live? One thing about the US (and not to be a discouragement) is that we have LOTS of fast food places. The area I live has 6 Mcdonald's all within 10 min drive (depending on traffic, it is less time) and that is just the Mcdonalds!

Of course in New York, if you are in the city, you would get a lot of exercising walking from what I understand. And there would be tons of stuff to do. But out here in the middle of nowhere, rural midwest, there is nothing to do but eat- and it shows.

Hope you have a great trip!

onmyown
02-24-2007, 02:19 PM
Jodi~ I found the place! ;)
Do you think it will be ok if I'm not doing WW? Will I be banned? I do want to weigh in on Mondays with you all if it's ok....I almost did WW. I was going to join and go to the meetings with my best friend. She bailed on me tho. And she's still doing the WW fitness plan she got off of the website. I'm doing The Diet Center because I used to be a counselor for it years ago and when my friend bailed on me I my hubby suggested I do that instead of a program I have no clue about....made sense to me! This is day 4 and i'll have my first official weigh in on Monday with you all if that's ok...
Am I the only one here not on WW? hmmmm Maybe I'm the competition...hee!

J/K

Tina

Bandmom1011
02-24-2007, 04:59 PM
Tina- I have just decided to quit the WW meetings. I am still going to follow the program though. But you know what? We all are struggling and we ALL need support, so I really don't feel it matters what plan you are doing. As long and you need and can offer support, well then that is good enough for me! I will now be just weighing in on my scales on Monday.
I am glad that you have decided to join us and can't wait to get to know you!

katdaddy
02-25-2007, 02:26 PM
Hi everyone. I am a total newbie to dieting. I went to an open house meeting last Monday for WW at work and I will be joining tomorrow. I'm trying to psyche myself up at thought of having to lose 30-40 pounds, but I'm feeling down.

I have no idea how much I actually weigh. I have never been on a diet before so all this is very new to me. I will be attending meetings during lunch hour every Monday at work. I know that I have gone up two sizes in the last couple of years and its not healthy. I am tired of feeling fat and want to take control.

Kat

paige137
02-25-2007, 04:06 PM
Hi,
Let me introduce myself. I am 32 and have been struggling with my weight since I was about 12. I have to say I am tired tired tired of trying to lose weight but at the same time I can't stop trying. I lost a bunch of weight once (after the birth of my first) and participated in an online group something like this. It was one of the few times I was sucessful at losing weight (which I gained back after my 2nd was born.... 6 years ago!! :( So I thought this might be a great place to get some support and hopefully give some to.

I'm a monday gal too. I started WW on-line about a month ago. I was doing really well. Then I got sick and stopped counting points and have gained back most of what I lost in the first few weeks. So tomorrow I start again and hopefully by next week there will be a loss. I will post weight on Monday. Gotta start somewhere. Thanks and nice to meet you all

Paige

paige137
02-25-2007, 04:09 PM
Hi Kat,

This is my second time on WW and I have to tell you... if you stick with it, it will work. No doubt. Sticking with it can be difficult... but if you are doing it at work maybe you will have some co-workers to help you out. I think that makes a huge difference. Good luck and let us know how things go!

Bandmom1011
02-25-2007, 07:44 PM
Hi Kat- I think that doing this at work will help. I know that when I was losing weight when I worked in a hospital setting, well I took alot from the other ladies I worked with. One thing I think is because when we do something for ourselves, it forces others to look at themselves and for some they would rather sabatoge you than to support you. So having others in your workplace doing it too should help you because you will have some there that understand.
I am so glad that you checked in here. I hope you continue to post. We can chit chat or whatever between weigh ins. I want this to be supportive and a place that we can be accountable to one another by posting our weigh ins.

Paige- I am also a 2nd time WW member. I am quiting the official meetings though. It is too expensive. They have taken out next mths payment already so I am trying to get that back. If they don't give it back though, I will go until April 7th when my card expires. I will get my support on this website though. I am not about to quit.

If anyone here needs an accountability partner- let me know. I have started exercising all because I have a buddy who checks in with me every day and encourages me. I encourage us all to have tickers on our siggy lines so that we can show everyone what our goals are and where we are in meeting those goals. Let me know if you need help getting them if you don't know how and want them.

Have a good week! Sending good WI wishes to you all.

NellieNell
02-25-2007, 09:31 PM
Welcome ladies. :wel3fc: We are here to support you and listen. :hug:

I came online to fess before weigh in, that I have been weighing myself, and am thrilled with the results, but pigged out tonight at dinner. My husband and I took our girls and my parents to a new resturant that they have never been to. Of course, I eat everything in site. That's OK. I will be back on track tomorrow. I'm not eating anything else tonight. I am hoping it will not show on the scale tomorrow yet.

I WILL :exercise: get up early and workout. I bought the WW exercise video and have only done it once. I bought it over a week ago. I am just letting all of you know this now. It is my way of checking in. Gotta start somewhere.

Well, gotta get ready for bed. Good luck to everyone tomorrow. :goodluck: My WI is in the evening, so I will post tomorrow night.

Later

paige137
02-26-2007, 06:28 AM
OK, here goes.

I'm at 198.5 and this is a gain. I'm not surprised. I have been off the WW for two weeks and gained back all but 1.5 pounds that I had lost. :?:

But I just started with this group so maybe the accountability will help. Hope everyone's weigh in goes well.

Paige

Oh, and I made a ticker thing but don't think I put it in right or something. I'll work on that again.

paige137
02-26-2007, 06:33 AM
This is a test to see if my ticker works...

onmyown
02-26-2007, 09:53 AM
Ok...This is technically my FIRST weigh in. I started last Thursday.
Beginning Weight 205.5
Todays Weight 202.5
Small Goal Weight 199
Final Goal Weight 132

I am doing pretty good so far. I have incorporated some exercise into my program. I have been riding my exercise bike for 20 minutes a day for the past 2 days. I haven't been good about measuring my amounts of food yet. But today I'm going to be more conscious about it. :) I think this is going to be great motivation for staying on program. Weighing in is key I think. But not every day like I had been doing. So, I'm going to vow to stay off the scales until NEXT monday morning. Today I have a bunch of salmon to eat. So I'm prepared and have stuff to eat. That was my problem yesterday ... so I got really hungry but I didn't go crazy other than eating a hotdog plain with no bun.

Ok...onward!!!!

Tina:D

Bandmom1011
02-26-2007, 11:37 AM
Just checking in to let you all know that I am down another .4 yeah.
Doesn't change my ticker though cause I am at 198.4

TINA- :bravo: you are doing great!!! I am proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cytheria21
02-26-2007, 03:54 PM
I don't know if I'm too late to join this group or not, but I just joined WW today, the 26th of February and am looking forward to talking to people about their progress!

FrouFrou
02-26-2007, 04:20 PM
Hello ladies...

A big :welcome: to the newbies! Glad to have you ladies here and looking forward to getting to know you!

I am sorry that I can't remember to check in here, lol...losing my mind I swear. :crazy:

:woohoo: to all the "losers" and maintainers this week! And to those who gained...hugs to you! We are here for you and today is a new day!

I am down 2 pounds this week and happy about that. As long as I can keep it up I will be happy. I am wanting to be down a few pounds for two upcoming weddings, one in June and one in Sept. I want to wear something really cute. Have a ways to go so have time to get to work.

NELLIENEL...what kind of exercise video is it? I didn't even know WW had any videos...must check them out. I am always looking for something new to try.

CYNTHERIA...it's not too late to join...anyone can jump in anytime they want...the more the merrier!

Take care ladies and I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

NellieNell
02-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Well, I didn't get up this morning to work out. I am not a morning person. I would have done it this afternoon, but really don't have time on WI days. But, I did do good at my weigh in. I lost 3.4!!! :carrot: Yaaa!!! Still need to work on the exercise thing.

I just wanna say congrats to everyone. Now here's to another great week.

10 Months to Mrs
02-26-2007, 10:51 PM
First official weigh in (on here that is..... doing this from home... have done WW meetings once and did wonderfully) Sounds like most everyone did well this week! Congrats!

Beginning Weight 148
Todays Weight 148
Small Goal Weight 140
Final Goal Weight 127

FrouFrou
02-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Hello ladies :wave:

Shanell...WTG on the loss this week! :woohoo: :bravo: That is a GREAT loss! Keep up the good work!

Hello to everyone else. Not much going on, just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing.

Have a GREAT, losing week ladies! :hug:

NellieNell
03-03-2007, 11:38 AM
I just wanted to wish everyone a wonderful weekend. Good luck to everyone on WI on Monday. I can't weight. I'm excited. I have not weighed myself yet this week. I am hopeing for a wonderful weight loss. I feel really good this week. I have worked out twice this week. 50 minutes each time. Good luck to everyone this week. Later. :goodluck:

4amy
03-03-2007, 12:38 PM
Just checkin out the thread where i will be posting my weigh in on monday.Good luck everyone,see you on monday!!

Bandmom1011
03-03-2007, 08:17 PM
AMY- you found us! yeaaah I am so glad!

4amy
03-04-2007, 08:36 AM
Thanks Jodi!!!

4amy
03-05-2007, 07:07 AM
Yes!! Good bye 230's!I am down 4 lbs this morning.I am so happy to be out of the 230's.I am half way to my march goal already!How is everyone else doing.I will check back later to see how everyone did.Hope everyone has a great weigh in.:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

onmyown
03-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Yeah its a MONDAY weigh in!
Beginning weight: 205.5
Todays weight: 197 (lost 5.5 from last week) ~ I was up .5 today from yesterday
Small Goal: 189
Final Goal: 132

Had a really good week. I've been so motivated.

Amy ~ GOOD JOB! Keep setting small goals and they seem easier to achieve. I do the SAME thing.

Bandmom1011
03-05-2007, 02:55 PM
Tina- your plan seems to working out GREAT!!! Way to go- we are at the same spot, only you got there a heck of a lot quicker. Though now my dr seems to be leaning toward my weight being a symptom of a medical problem. Hopefully if it is, when/if I start on medicine for it, it will help me lose!

Amy- You are doing great! She's in the 20's whoowhoo:carrot: she's in the 20's whoowhoo:carrot:

Ok, I am just being silly! I am so happy for you girls. I am the same this week. But that is something! No gain is good enough for ME!!!!

onmyown
03-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Jodie ~ i'm sure that your medical worries have to do with your weight as well. my mom wants me to go see a dr. that takes blood tests and he also can tell alot about a person by the areas they gain the weight. For example people (like me) that gain it mostly in their midsection are producing too much insuline. So these people need to eat more protein and often. And sugar is like poison for these people. So it goes along with what i'm doing pretty much. ;)

Let me know how the drs. results go? Does your Dr. believe in natural remedies? I hope he doesn't put you on a bunch of medicine. I believe we respond better to natural stuff usually...but there are times that we need to take certain medicines. Well, have a great week....and Jodi see you over at the chit chat!

Tina

cytheria21
03-05-2007, 03:13 PM
I weighed in today and I am down 5.2!!! I'm glad I did so well, but I do know that next week when it's the second week, I won't lose as much. I'm a veteran of WW so I know the cycles in which I lose weight. I just want to make sure I go to the gym so that I can lose inches as well :-)

Carobelle
03-05-2007, 03:52 PM
Hey Everyone!
Well I'm back from Portugal, was really active over there, surfing every morning and a bit of mountain biking..but I also ate and drank with abandon so was a bit worried having not weighed in for 2 weeks!
I lost 1.5!
So so pleased.

I hope eveyone is doing well, I have so much work to catch up on so will have to read all your news later.
Hi to all the Newbies too! I'm Caro, 28, longterm WWer but on the wagon again and doing well!

Have a great week

Bandmom1011
03-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Caro- You did great! I just knew that you would do well since you would be doing so many activities. See, you had nothing to worry about.

Cyntheria- :bravo: WTG! you had a great week. Just keep pluggin away and it will come off. I know this time around my body just isn't doing what it did before in WW, but I think there may be a medical reason for that.

Tina- I have a small waist (a huge difference between hips and waist- even when I was thinner that was the case). My fat is in my upper arms and my lower gut. My grandma was built like that too. I also have bigger hips.I know the waist/hip ratio is supposed to tell drs something too, maybe about the heart? Do you know?
Honestly, I haven't seen my dr much. She was getting onto me that it had been 3 yrs since she had seen me and 2 yrs before that. But from her treatment of my hubby she goes with medicine, not natural.

It's funny how I haven't been to the dr for so long and now I am anxious to find out my results. I let it all go on so long cause I would rather not know, but now that I have taken the blood tests, I am ready to know. I went back this morning to have additional tests the dr ordered. The dr had faxed paperwork to the hospital so I didn't get to see what the paper said, I did only see one box checked, but couldn't see what it was for.

10 Months to Mrs
03-05-2007, 05:49 PM
down 2... yippee.... great job this week everyone!

Bandmom1011
03-05-2007, 08:33 PM
great job on the 2 lbs down!

NellieNell
03-05-2007, 10:04 PM
Hello everyone!!! Congrats on everyone's loss'. I didn't lose anything this week. I remained the same. I am perfectly happy with that, considering I ate out all weekend. And not the good choices for doing that either. Anyway's, just wanted to check it and congrat everyone for their wonderfull loses. Here's to another wonderful week. Good luck everyone. Later.:)

Bandmom1011
03-08-2007, 06:49 PM
Shanell- you know I was told the other day that staying the same is as hard as losing. So I think you need to be congratulated too! 1/2 of our weight battle is won between our ears, and I think your mindset is really good. You will get there!!! We all will.

I hope you are having a good week everyone!

4amy
03-10-2007, 01:32 PM
Weigh In Day Is Almost Here Everyone!!stay On Track And Keep Moving!have A Great Weigh In Monday.

Cbooth
03-12-2007, 03:30 AM
Hiya

This is my first post in this forum, and I'm happy to say it's a merry one :D First week loss of 6lbs hehe :D I'm so chuffed.

I won't be expecting the same next week as that first week is always a cracker for me, but I would hope for a 1 or 2.

Thank you :D Hope you all have successful weigh-ins :D

Caroline

Carobelle
03-12-2007, 05:42 AM
Congrats Caroline! And Welcome!

Good Luck everybody, I've got my fingers crossed for this evening...!

This week is likely to be crazy as it's last week of university before easter hols, but I have lots of holiday plans to get me back on the wagon and in shape!

Caro

onmyown
03-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Monday's weigh in ~
Starting weight 205.5
Todays weight 192.25 (4.75 down from last monday....:))
Small goal 189
Final goal 132

I feel good about that since I had to go out of town for 2 nights and a lot of driving. ;)

Tina

4amy
03-12-2007, 02:27 PM
Way to go everyone who has lost this week.:carrot: I stayed the same this week.:( I guess i have to get used to the fact that i won't be losing every week.i'll work extra hard for a loss next week.:carrot: have a great day everyone!:)

cytheria21
03-12-2007, 03:33 PM
I, unfortunatey, gained 0.2. Gr...Oh well. It's not the end of the world. I think I need to start measuring again. :-(

NellieNell
03-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Congrats to everyone with their WI's today :congrat: . I joined the group of gains today. I gained 0.6 :( . That is not bad compared to my past history. I always start off good, then the weekend comes and I end up eating alot of junk. I did good today, I went for a fast 15 minute walk today at work. I only get 30 minutes for lunch, so I had 15 min. to eat still. Here's to a new week and a fresh start. ;)

cytheria21
03-12-2007, 11:36 PM
For some odd reason its hard for me to plan out eating on the weekends. I think it's because my boyfriend is around more.

Carobelle
03-13-2007, 09:13 AM
Well I have just eclipsed the rest of this weeks gainers with a whopping 3lb GAIN! Week of eating badly, no exercise, a few big nights out plus tom starting that day (and obviously needed to eat everything in site the days previously and eat right up to meeting time!)

Oh darn, all that hard work gone so SO quickly! Fingers crossed for water retention! (Now there's a statement I never imagined saying!)

Anyway, back on track asap!

Well Done to all those who lost, you are my inspiration this week!

Caro

Bandmom1011
03-13-2007, 09:51 PM
Ok, so we had some gains- it's ok if we don't let it get us off track. Like you said hopefully it's watergain or maybe something you ate 3 days ago. You just never know.

I totally understand the weekends being bad when everyone is around more. We are out running, shopping whatever and tend to eat out on the weekends. We hit Pizza Hut on Sat night. During the week is easier because we have the kids' activities and have to stay mostly on an eating schedule. Like tonight. Ok, my son went to school for jazz band at 6:45 this morning. He does tutoring on Tues too after school (he is looking at the community services hours for college) so he has to be picked up at 5:30. While hubby was picking him up, I was trying to make sure dinner was on the table when they walked in the door about 5:40 because we had to leave by 6:05 to go into town (we live in the country in the middle of nowhere) to be at the community band at 6:30-8pm. So you see, I have to follow a strict schedule during the week. whew- it makes me tired just writing about it- haha

I was down .7 which still leaves me in the 195's so I can't move my ticker yet- lol

4amy
03-19-2007, 07:38 AM
:carrot: Great morning to everyone! I am so happy today:D I lost 3 lbs this week and i'm almost out of the 220's.i only have 1 lb to meet my march goal.:D :D It would be so great to get to 220 before april.Have a great day everyone:carrot:

onmyown
03-19-2007, 11:30 AM
Monday's weigh-in.
Starting weight ~ 205.5
Today's weight ~ 189.75 (down 2.5 from last week)
Small NEW goal ~ 179
Ultimate goal ~ 132

Finally reached the 180's! :) Very happy. Set a new small goal of 179. So going to try and keep things moving downward! Need to set some exercise goals now!

Bandmom1011
03-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Congrats Amy- I am sure that you will be able to get out of the 20's by April at the rate you are going.

Tina- I can't believe the success you are having!! You go get em girl!

Hello to all of you girls! I hope you all have great weigh-ins today.

I am down to 193.8, so a little over 2 lbs gone. I really started upping the exercise last week and it shows!!! **yeaaaahhhh**

TheScrapper
03-20-2007, 08:48 PM
Hi Ladies!
I started on the 12th and last night my weigh in was a 5.6 loss! I am very excited! However, What I don't like is that it isn't an accurate weight. Considering that it's in the evening and I obviously have to wear clothes! Anyway, I'm tracking it more on Tuesday mornings in the solitude of my bathroom, after potty and before shower, LOL

Anyway, I'm looking forward to keeping up with plan, I love it! I lost a bunch on SOuth Beach a couple years ago...about 80 pounds, but life caught up with me and I gained half of it back! GRRRR....So this seems like a much more reasonable plan for me! Good luck ladies...Let the fun begin...

Mini goal...down 25 by my daughter's First Communion on May 12.

NellieNell
03-21-2007, 08:54 PM
Congats to everyone's weight loss this week. I remained the same. I'm fine about it. At least it isn't a gain. I have been trying to include some sort of activity in my life. I have been walking at my lunch break for about 15 min. Today, I painted our office at work, so no work out today. I am tired and my arm hurts. Tomorrow. Hope everyone has a wonderful week. Ta-ta.

Bandmom1011
03-21-2007, 10:51 PM
Whoohoo Scrapper- that is good that you are down, esp since it was evening and you were dressed!

Shanell- that is great that you have committed to that 15 min at lunch! Every little bit counts!

onmyown
03-26-2007, 11:41 AM
Mondays weigh in!
Starting weight: 205
Todays weight: 187.75 (2 pounds down from last Monday)
Small goal: 179
Final goal: 132

onmyown
03-26-2007, 05:00 PM
HEY MONDAY WEIGH IN PEOPLE>>>where are you guys? Haha..I was brave enough to weigh in after a crazy party on Saturday....lol! I know I'm not in Mondays WI by myself. Ha! Can't wait to see you all did. Jodi / Scrapper / Amy /and everybody else.

:carrot: Let's have a GREAT week!

4amy
03-27-2007, 06:59 AM
Hi,I didn't weigh yesterday because of TOM.Today my weight is back at 223 so i guess i didn't get anywhere this week.i'll try and have a good loss this last week in march.I got my tae bo dvds yesterday.i done the basic 1 and basic 2.i'm going to stay with them until i'm real good at it before i move on to the advanced.even the basic ones are great workouts.:carrot: :carrot:

onmyown
03-27-2007, 10:35 AM
Amy ~ I'm sure now the "TOM" is gone you'll have a great loss next week. I love Taebo..I have a DVD and some older VHS tapes. I love it. All of the tapes are good. The advanced is just really long. It's good to get really used to the beginning ones before you try to tackle the advanced. And when you get to the advanced I wouldn't worry if you can't complete it. But isn't that empowering? I need to get mine out too. ;)

Tina (where is everybody else?) :P

Bandmom1011
03-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Well I am up 1.4 pounds because of lovely TOM. Though I have been doing well with my exercise in minutes, so I am focusing on that this week.

here's hoping everyone else has losses!

NellieNell
03-29-2007, 04:47 PM
I lost the 0.6 that I had gained 2 weeks ago. I'm getting ready to go to my grandmothers house in MA for a week. I'm not going to follow program. I already have been off program for a little while. Anyways, hope everyone has a great weekend. Later.

EmmaGabysMum
03-30-2007, 08:53 PM
not sure why i've not noticed this thread before!!!!!!

I'm Emma - 23 & go to meetings on Mondays, all the way overi n New Zealand!!! In March I have lost 3.4kg/7.5lb - I think, i can't remember how many mondays i've had ww this month

Bandmom1011
03-30-2007, 11:40 PM
Hi Emma- :welcome:

I was shocked when I saw your exercise ticker, I thought boy I am lazy- lol. I finally realized that was for a whole month- not for a week!

How long have you been losing weight? Trying to figure out the kg to lb thing, am I correct that you have about 12 lbs?

I am so glad you are here!

Carobelle
04-02-2007, 04:57 AM
Hey All!
Well, I'm back after a while in the non-weight-loss wilderness. Realised I haven't a) been to WW or b) been here for over two weeks and despite huge gain last time I've done nothing about it. Anyway, braving WW again this evening to get back on track, though don't think tonight'll be pretty!

Anyway, university holidays have been mad, have had flu, am just back from Rome (uh-oh), plus there's this guy... excuses excuses!
All in all I haven't simply fallen off the wagon, I can only bearly see the dust from it as it disappears into the horizon...but I'm up and running after it!

SO! After all that, just saying hi again, and be kind after what will no doubt be another tremendous gain!

Good Luck
Caro

onmyown
04-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Sorry I forgot to post yesterday. But I did weigh yesterday..so here it goes!
Beginning weight: 205.5
Todays weight: 184.5 (down 3.25 from last monday)
Small goal: 179
Final goal: 132

Had a good week so it seems. It's right before TOM tho...so I hope to drop some more by next Monday! But I'm happy with the results so far! :)

Need to start an exercise tracker. (note to self)

Tina

Carobelle
04-03-2007, 02:56 PM
I didn't have time to post yesterday, but despite lack of commitment have managed to shed 2.5lbs!
It doesn't mean I'm taking it easy though, I know I need to start following the program again properly.
Hope everyone is well

Caro

onmyown
04-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Posting early for monday (the 9th)
I'll be out of town.
Beginning weight 205.5
Todays weight 183 (down 1.5 from last Monday)
Small goal 179
Ultimate goal 132 :)

yeah! I'll be back next wednesday and maybe I'll report a new low...;)

NellieNell
04-17-2007, 09:17 PM
Well, after taking 2 weeks off for vacation, I knew I would gain because I did not follow any programs. I thought hard about not going to my meeting yesterday, but realized that that is what brought me here in the first place. I would fall off the wagon, and never get back on. No more. Today was a recommittment to WW. I have stayed with in my daily points, and worked out a total of 40 minutes today. I hope no one else is giving up. Hang in there. We'll get through this together. Good luck to everyone for this week. By the way, I only gained 4.4 lbs. Better than I thought.

Carobelle
04-18-2007, 02:00 AM
Hi All,
Forgot to sign in last week (I had stayed the same, it was my TOM) but this week was a bit of a shock.
Went to a different WW class on tuesday but same time as usual Monday one, admittedly it wasn't TOM and I did spend 45 mins walking fast trying to find it before it closed! Now I know WW scales are all calibrated and exact and all BUT I lost 5lbs... that seems a little much for one week even if I have been doing better workouts.
Ah well, NOT complaining, just a little dubious until I weigh in again next week to confirm!

Shanell - great work for heading back to class! If you're having a holiday you should really enjoy it, but it takes that extra little push to get you going back when you know you've gained...bravo & next week will be fab!

Hope you all have a great week... Apologies if I'm not getting as involved here as I was previously, it sort of started taking over and I was checking constantly and while good for my weight loss (your support really helps!) my uni work was suffering!

Catch you again in a weeks time!

Fooled
04-18-2007, 09:13 AM
Hi everyone. I just started on Weight Watchers this past Monday. I'd been starting to writing down everything I ate a little bit before I joined, so I think the journaling will work out for me. Though it was a huge shock seeing how many points some of my favorite foods were!

Anyway, I joined WW after exercising my butt off for a month and a half and not having any results, not even an ounce, though I do feel a lot better about myself and definitely feel more in shape. Just wasn't fitting into smaller clothes.

NellieNell
04-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Fooled, welcome!!!!!!!! Glad to have you here. :welcome3:

It is a little surprising how many points our favorite foods, but that is what got us here.

Thanks for the support Carobelle. I really appreciate it.

You know what my mom and I used to do? When we would weigh in, that night would be our splurge night. If we craved anything in that week, we would wait till WI to splurge. We would not count it. And believe it or not, we still would lose. I haven't done it in a while. I just eat what I like, just smaller.

Anyway, I bought the new WW ice cream. It is the bomb!!! I really like it. I've had the mint choc. chip and turtle sundae. I also bought those new Quacker choc snack cakes. They are also so good. I'm always looking for new and healthier food.

Well, I wanna wish everyone luck this week. See ya!!!

romancechick
04-23-2007, 01:59 PM
I guess I'm the first to weigh in this week.

Not a good week, but I knew it wouldn't be. I'm up 1.6 ti 164.8. I want to see a -20 on my book. I NEED to see it. I've been hanging around this area (between -15 and -19) for SO long I think -20 may have left town!!!!!

NellieNell
04-23-2007, 08:09 PM
Keep it up Nancy you can do it. We're not quitters, we're winners.

I lost 0.6 of my 4.4 gain from last week. I also want to hit a 20 pound loss. I would love to hit my 10%. One day, I'll get there. Just like you'll hit 20. Also, we just found out that tonight was our leader's last night. She said that it was too much driving from her full time job to the meetings, then home. I hope the next leader will be just as good as her.

Hope everyone has a loser week.

Fooled
04-23-2007, 10:38 PM
I did well on my first week. I lost five pounds. I know that people tend to lose more weight on their first week of WW than they would normally, but still, I'm just psyched that the program actually works, after having failed at others (okay, I'm also psyched at the loss, too! :D)

Carobelle
04-24-2007, 03:06 AM
Morning All,
I lost 1/2 a pound this week... taking me half a pound under the original WW goal I set myself way back when! This is the lowest I have been (have been around this for a few weeks now) since I put on all my weight 5 years ago!

Actually that makes it sound bad, and I don't want to discourage anyone and have you think it's taken me all this time to lose that weight, but really I just lost enough in the beginning that I could shop in 'normal' stores again and then lost focus a bit and didn't follow the program too ridgidly (or at times at all...whoops) for a long while. But since being back on track it's going really well!

So 37 lbs later, I can say yes Fooled, it sure does work... and a great first week spurs you on doesn't it!? You'll be at your silver seven in a flash (do they do that where you are? Maybe it's just an english thing as they work in stones and pounds here so 7lbs is half a stone and a bit of a milestone too...gotta love a sparkly 7 sticker in your book to show what you've achieved!)

And Shanell, you talk about a splurge after weigh in... wow did I have one last night!

Have a great week Ladies

Caro

Fooled
04-24-2007, 09:13 AM
Congratulations on meeting your initial goal! That's awesome.

They do something similar, I think. I think on your first five pound loss you get a bookmarkish type thing, and you get a gold star with a five on it. So I got one of those yesterday. I felt unsuitably giddy about it. I think you also get a key chain thing when you get to your 10% goal. At least that's what the leader at my meeting said.

And it does spur me on. Mondays are my long days. I've got working out and the meeting in the morning, and then I work, and Mondays are my longest workday (literally has the most hours, not that it feels the longest after a weekend). I was so tempted while I was at work yesterday to just stuff myself to break up the monotony. Remembering those five pounds I don't ever have to have on me again if I'm careful really helped.

onmyown
04-24-2007, 02:17 PM
*Haven't weighed since the 9th...of april.

Starting weight 205.5
Todays weight 178.00 (down 5 pounds since the 9th)
Small goal 169
Ultimate goal 132

down 27.5 so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yeppie

NellieNell
05-01-2007, 09:06 PM
Hey ladies!!! No one posts on here anymore. Is anyone still working it? I am. I have lost 1.6 this week. Yay!!!! I am soooo happy!!!! Now I only need to lose 2.2 to be were I was before I went on vacation.

Hope everyone has a wonderful loser week!!!!!

Carobelle
05-02-2007, 03:40 AM
Hey All,
Congratulations Shanell!
And yes I'm still here, not as many people seem to weigh on Mondays (post-weekend fear perhaps!) and I guess those of us that do are all caught up in the beginning of a new week... that thursday lot seem to natter all week long!

I am happy to say I am a loser this week! I lost another pound. Have 3 weeks before I'll be on off surfing, first holiday with the boyfriend! Am sort of wondering how close I could get to my goal, but actually think I'll just concentrate on fitness...

Hope everyone else (if there is anyone!) is doing well.
Will try and pop in more regularly!

Caro

Fooled
05-02-2007, 10:32 AM
I lost this week, down 1.6 pounds as well, and that was after a bridal shower and a Sunday dinner involving homemade mac and cheese, and a less than what I consider stellar exercise week. I'm so happy this program works.

Fat in Hong Kong
05-06-2007, 04:00 AM
Hi Everyone,

I hope you don't mind me joining in ... I've just found out that WW have started to run a meeting on Monday nights close to where I live, so I'll be joining up tomorrow. I've been trying to go it alone for a long time now without success and I know that I really do need the support of weekly meetings.

I went to WW about 3 years ago and I did like the plan, but I gave up going to meetings as they were quite a way from where I live, and having to battle through the evening rush hour traffic to get there every week drove me nuts. Thankfully, I can no longer use that as an excuse not to go!

I feel really excited about joining the meetings and can't wait to get started on the plan. I'll come back and post again after I've weighed in tomorrow night.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

unstablelady
05-06-2007, 03:53 PM
Iv'e just joined this site and so I'm just finding my way around...
I joined a WW class several yrs ago after the death of my son and gaining a huge amount of weight, so with the plan in place I lost a lot of the added bulge.

However life/grief got in the way and I fell off the wagon and I stopped attending and a lot of the weight has crept back on.
So...Here I am, having just thrown out the rubbish (the ex lol) I'm ready to reclaim my life !
I started the plan by myself at home last Monday and saw this little group last night !!!

So please help me everyone I want to grow old disgracefully and be slim and sexy :dizzy:

Fooled
05-07-2007, 10:35 AM
Hey guys! I'm still a bit new myself, so I don't know if I should be doing the official welcoming, but what the heck, welcome to the forum. It is a great, really encouraging, and really helpful community. I know you'll both get the support neccesary for this journey. Good luck.

I guess I get to be the first to post my results, since my meeting is in the morning. It's funny, the second I come home from my meeting, the first things I want to do is email my mom at work my results and then fix my ticker on here. Any way, I had a pretty good week, down another 1.8 pounds. 220's, here I come!

canarysong
05-07-2007, 11:45 AM
Hello everyone! I started Weight Watchers back in November. I lost 11 pounds in two months but I shortly stopped after that because of a lack of motivation. Luckly, I only gained one pound since then. Now that I found this forum I hope that doesn't happen again.

I'm doing WW at home. Today was my first weigh-in from being back. I lost one pound. So I'm back where I was during my last weigh-in in December. This week I plan on eating more vegetables and cutting back on rice.

NellieNell
05-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Welcome all the newbies. I'm glad to see more people on here. It helps keep us motivated. I just had my weigh in. Sad to say, I gained. Don't really want to fess up how much, but I will. I gained 2 lbs. Boo hoo!!!! :cry:

My 6 year old daughter was with me at my meeting tonight. She said that she will help support me more at home.

Like most families, I'm the heavy one while everyone else gets to do want they want. OK, enough moping.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Good luck on the weigh in's. :goodluck:

Fat in Hong Kong
05-08-2007, 02:14 AM
Hi Everyone,

I went along to my first meeting last night and weighed in at 192lbs which was about what I'd expected ... I've been on my own scales and it appears that they weigh the same as the WW ones. I'm feeling really motivated right now and I've been and stocked up on lots of good healthy food. It's been some years since I last did the WW plan so I need to get my head around counting points again.

There's a girl at work who's been an inspiration to me. She's recently lost about 40lbs and all her clothes are hanging off her. She's now down to 200lbs and she looks and feels so much better than she did before. And as we're now around the same weight I feel like I've got a bit of healthy competition.;)

Carobelle
05-08-2007, 02:47 AM
Hey there to all the Newbies!
I am by no means an original here but who cares... Welcome Welcome Welcome!

I couldn't weigh in yesterday (bank holiday here in Britain) so am looking to see where I can go later in the week!
What I have to recommend though is measuring yourself... I did this a month ago (god I wish I had done it when I first started...can only imagine the changes I've made!) and measured again last night with some pleasing results - at least an inch off the waist so not complaining!

Hope everyone has a great week... it's really nice to see more people on the board again, it goes through little lulls when everyone is busy but I really enjoy reading how everyone is doing and feeling and I know it helps motivate me!

Good Luck for the week!

Caro

onmyown
05-08-2007, 11:43 AM
*Haven't weighed since the 24th...of april.

Starting weight 205.5
Todays weight 175.75 (down 2.25 pounds since the 24th)
Small goal 169
Ultimate goal 132

down 29.75 so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yeppie

I'll try to check in weekly. Welcome all of you newbies..haha! Let's do this together! Let me know if you need any extra support! I'm here for ya!

unstablelady
05-09-2007, 06:28 AM
Thanks for the welcome!

I nearly fell off the track again...but didnt.
After a week of being back on plan i weighed on Monday and to my horror I hadnt lost a bloody ounze!!!
My initial reaction was to accept the fact that I'm always going to be big now...but then I dusted myself down and told myself it's probaly because I'm pre-menstural.

So on we go...

Fat in Hong Kong
05-09-2007, 10:11 AM
unstablelady, don't accept what you know doesn't have to be true (does that make sense?) Glad that you've dusted yourself off and managed to stay on track ... another week on track and I bet you'll see a good loss:hug: These monthly cycles play havoc with my weigh-ins too generally, I even notice a difference in my clothes feeling tighter ... and I know it's not always to do with food!!

Country Charm
05-09-2007, 09:46 PM
Hi there ~

I am also a Monday meeting gal and would love to join you all here.....

My name is Tracy - I live in Texas with hubby and 2 boys. This is also my ummmtenth time to join WW - but this time it is the last. I haven't done as well as I had hoped the past couple of weeks - but after this week (TOM) I am hoping to get back on track and find that "drive" again.

This past Monday I weight 249.4 (2nd week in a row) at least I didn't gain.

Thanks for letting me join.....

Fat in Hong Kong
05-11-2007, 04:12 AM
Hi Tracy, nice to meet you and good luck this time around with WW:)

Well, my first week of WW has been good so far ... managed to stay within my points and I've got a few saved for the weekend ahead ... 'The Weekend'! ... this will be the true test of my determination to stay on plan ... I'll let you know after Monday's weigh-in how it went! Weekends are generally where I always slip up when I'm trying to stay on plan ... I find it soooo hard, especially having a social life that ALWAYS revolves around food and wine!!:devil: Anyway, I'm not going to dwell on it, I'm just going to have to make better food choices ... and not drink so much wine:o

Have a great weekend everyone!

Carobelle
05-11-2007, 11:54 AM
Hey All,
Glad to hear everyone is staying on the wagon... just remember, if you fall off in a big way you'll just have to spend even more energy running to get back on! I say everything in moderation...including moderation! (mostly when I want chocolate!)

I had to weigh in on Wednesday but it was at the same time of evening. I lost another 1.5lbs! Don't quite know how it's happening but I guess eating well and being happy make a good combination. Even went running before work with the lovely boyfriend (who didn't laugh each time I had to walk a bit, gasping and spluttering!)

Have a great week,
Caro

Fooled
05-14-2007, 10:17 AM
Great losses everyone, last week.

Looks like I get to post first again, this week. I'm very pleased this week with my 2.6 pound loss. Last week was my TOM and was futilely trying to not fill the bottomless pit with things that I shouldn't be eating, and yesterday we spent Mother's day at my grandmother's, who is a fabulous Italian cook who specializes in desserts. But apparently I was better than I thought. I was so sure that I gained that I made the WW receptionist weight me at another scale. I was in shock for like five minutes. This makes a total of 18 pounds since my highest weight and 11 pounds since I started weight watchers last month.

canarysong
05-14-2007, 03:42 PM
Hello everyone! Weighed myself this morning. I lost one pound. Was hoping I would lose more. I know a slow weight loss is best to keep the pounds off for good. But I was hoping to lose at least two pounds per week. At least I didn't gain anything. Not sure what could be the reason. I'm eating within my points range everyday and I only used two extra points last week. I might have to increase or change my exercise routine. I can't wait for some exercise tapes I ordered to come in the mail. Just using the treadmill is boring.

Everyone have a great week!

Fat in Hong Kong
05-15-2007, 06:08 AM
Hi Everyone!

I went along for my 1st weeks weigh-in last night and I'm down 2lbs. Obviously I'm glad it's a loss but I must confess to feeling a bit disappointed that it was only 2lbs ... as it was my first week I expected it to be more. I was really, really good with food from Monday to Friday, but I do admit to going over my points at the weekend, although I had saved some it obviously wasn't enough! I'll try to do better this week.

Carobelle
05-15-2007, 06:14 AM
Well Done for all the losses!

I've managed to put on last weeks 1.5lb loss...but am absolutely fine with it as am still under my original WW goal and the lowest I've been in about 6 years!
Hope everyone has a good week... I have 9 days until I head off surfing (and in a bikini) so will try and make that last little effort!

Caro

jenniferp417
05-15-2007, 07:28 AM
I had my second meeting last night, and lost .5 pounds. Not bad, considering it's the TOM *and* I ate every single points - every daily, every activity, every flex point. That's probably too many. I didn't track Mother's Day very well, and I think I may have eaten too many points that day.

But the scale showed a loss for my first week, so I'm thrilled! I'll try to eat fewer "extra" points this week, and exercise a bit more, so we shall see. :)

Fooled
05-21-2007, 10:46 AM
:( I had my first gain this week. But I know why. I had to go to a funeral on Saturday, and afterwards they had a get together and I ate some desserts, and then that night I went to a party and had a few beers and another dessert. And then yesterday, I got to go to a Red Sox game (Whoooo!) and had another beer along with a hot dog, a regular coke (I can't stand fountain diet coke, tastes way too syrupy or something), and popcorn. We also went out to breakfast yesterday and I had a piece of homemade hamburg pizza when we got home from the game.

Gee...listing it out like that, it is a wonder that I only gained 0.6 pounds this week. Needless to say, I didn't do much journaling this weekend. I was disappointed when I got weighed, thinking "But I didn't eat that much," but I think I needed a kick in the pants to remind me that losing weight takes work and the weight hasn't just been magically coming off. I've been afraid of what it would be like the week I go to weigh in and find out I've maintained or gained, and worried that I'll fall off the wagon, but come to find out, it isn't so bad. I just have to make sure it doesn't happen again next week!

onmyown
05-21-2007, 12:08 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Haven't weighed since the 8th...of May.

Starting weight 205.5
Todays weight 169.75
Small goal 159
Ultimate goal 132

Having some great losses! I weigh everyday but forget to post over here sometimes! ;P Looks like a bunch of new Monday weighers here! Hi everyone! PM me if you all need any extra support! I've just started walking again...and I love it! I've been using my DS's IPOD and rocking out to the music and moving myself. I told myself that I would eventually have to exercise but that I could lose without it for awhile. Well, I started and I actually feel so much better due to the exercising! Yeah! And I think it's helping the next segment of pounds to fall! So stay motivated guys! Start fresh every hour! Don't ever say I blew it today...might as well continue! BAD BAD BAD thought! hahaha (used to be mine)

Have A GREAT Week! :)
Tina

down 29.75 so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yeppie

canarysong
05-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Weigh in today. I'm the same weight I was last week. No gain but no loss either. I don't know why! I have been eating well all week. I'm starting a new exercise routine so hopefully that will jump start my weight loss.

Good luck this week, everyone!

Fooled
06-04-2007, 10:33 AM
I guess last week was kind of dead because it was a holiday here in the U.S and so for a lot of us there were no meetings. I know that's the case for me. But since the last time I was at a meeting, i.e., May 21st, I've lost 5.2 pounds. Which is awesome, as I was sick most of those two weeks and thus didn't exercise and really didn't care what I ate. I suppose the reason is I didn't feel like eating much, so I ate less, even though most of it was junk! But yay, that puts me down 15.6 pounds since I started weight watchers.

Fat in Hong Kong
06-05-2007, 02:18 AM
Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted for a couple of weeks ... I lost 2lbs at my first week weigh-in on 7 May, then I stupidly didn't attend my second week ... I'd had a bad week with lots of functions to attend, all of which included food and copious amounts of wine!!:devil: Consequently, I chickened out and couldn't bring myself to go and get weighed ... stupid I know! Anyway, went last week with my tail between my legs and was thankful that I'd actually remained the same:) I'm pleased to say, that after a very good week of journaling, I went along to last nights weigh-in and I'm down another 3lbs:D Amazing how it works when you do it properly!!;)

jenniferp417
06-05-2007, 07:59 AM
I lost 1.5 over the past two weeks. I was so afraid I'd see a gain instead!

I've got a few mental blocks I'm really struggling with. If I could just beat them into submission *and* get my healthy 8, I'd be doing good! :D

Carobelle
06-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Hey Everyone!
Hadn't weighed in for 3 weeks, a bit worrying, been so busy, work and a little holiday!
But all the activity has paid off and I've lost 2.5lbs so am now at 142lbs... thats 40.5 lbs lost overall, so I am really pleased!
Have my brothers wedding (in which I am best man in a fabulous dress) on the 23rd of June, so once all my deadlines are over next week I am going to get back into running!

Hope everyone is feeling good this week.
Caro

Fooled
06-11-2007, 10:16 AM
I had a tough week. I was pmsing and people just kept annoying me, and annoying stuff just kept happening, and I just decided I did not care and decided not to try. I didn't binge or anything, just didn't try. I went down a quarter of a pound, and hey, a loss is a loss. I did not want to go to meeting today. But my leader says every week, and she makes sure to mention it to me specifically every so often and when she weighs me in, to make sure to keep coming to meetings, no matter if you had a bad week or whatever. And I had that inner voice poking me to go to meeting, so I went, and I'm glad I did. It gave me the recharge I needed, and chucked me back on the wagon, lol. Plus, hey, the loss.

Fooled
07-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Geez, what happened to the Monday people? Well, I've been in a bit of a cranky mood lately, so I almost didn't go today. But last week I didn't go because I had to go into the Registry of Motor vehicles to replace my lost license. And I figured if I don't go two weeks in a row, I'll be more likely to not go three weeks in a row, and so on. But in those two weeks, I lost 2.5 pounds, so yay!