Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2001, 04:39 AM   #1  
Pink Thingy

Angry *****week of 14th November*****

New week, new start!

Good morning everyone, I have a bit of catching up to do because I was truly missing in action last week. Last week was a really tough week, but today is the start of a new one. There were lots of things to sort out with my mum and I am trying to spend a lot of time with her or one the phone. Then hubby decided to lay new floorboards down, so the flat was in a mess and there was no computer connection for a couple of days and I was nagging hubby to hurry up so he could reconnect the computer - severe withdrawal symptoms! Anyway the floor looks really nice, just will not appreciate sweeping up the dust these type of floors attract - do I sound like a slovenly housewife (dirt don't kill you unless it falls on your head )

Anyway, I have decided to restart WW, I was still attending meetings, but not doing anything positive about actively trying to lose the weight. I guess with everything that was going on, I shoved "me" into the background, but I figure noone else is gonna do it for me. I am gonna buy my mini trampoline tomorrow and I am waiting for amazon to deliver my cardio bounce video. I am gonna take part in the Thanksgiving goal, but not quite sure what my goal is gonna be yet (maybe just to stick with it whatever happens. Hope everyone is well, sorry this isn't more personal, but I gotta catch up and Tech the pictures are beautiful

C U later
Old 10-14-2001, 01:31 PM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good AFternoon all!!!
We all slept in this morning after hockey gaming too late last night!!!!SD#2 woke up with fever and croup and the runny green nose...I will have to put her in that bubble since I am never sick anymore!!!!
WE are gonna go to the Super Target that opened Thursday and fight the people in the grand opening today...I have only been to Target once and that was years ago soo I am curious to check prices and things..

BFB--WElcome back!! Glad U R getting back on track going back to WW and getting a new tape!!!!!

Tech--Good luck with move day!!!!!

Lauren-So U R having the new truck fever!!!I have to say, I love this Durango(except when parking and pulling out of the parking spaces).It is nice to have the noisy kids all the way in the back with a seat seperating them from me!!!I can put the radio on back there, and hear nothing in the front except Refman talking!!!
WEll, off to get started!!
I have been "shopping" in the sales papers for CHristmas and now have to go purchase things!!!
Have a great day all!!!
RR
Old 10-14-2001, 02:29 PM   #3  

A NEW WEEK! ALTHOUGH, I BELIEVE IT IS STILL OCTOBER . . .

Hi all. Op yesterday. Having the candy gone really helped me. I thought about it last night and was so glad it wasn't here! After one good day though, I feel the scale should drop by pounds and pounds . . .

RR - hope you enjoyed the hockey game. Do the girls go also? I don't have a Target real close to me but others just seem to love it!

Lauren - woohoo on dh and his cleaning! Also, cool about the pressure cooker - I'm not real familiar with that either, although my mom used to use it. I should learn. I just thougt it would be hard.

Tech - oh, packing can be such a pain! How do we accumulate so much stuff?? I have to check out your pictures.

BFB - glad you got that computer up & running again! Best of luck on your "restart".

Bye now.

RABBIT

TECH - what a beautiful wedding!! Everyone looks so happy!
ps - can't wait to see your quilt pictures!

Last edited by Rabbit; 10-14-2001 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-14-2001, 03:05 PM   #4  

Lauren: I've been having "F250 Envy" ever since I got my F150 last year. I love my trucks. Husband has a little Mazda B2000, it has the extended cab but no seats in the back so we can't all ride in it. The F150 has the extended cab and the boys have plenty of room in the back. But I really want the F250 with 4 doors but its got to have a 6.5 ft bed on it to haul all our show 'stuff'. I've been looking a little bit. That 0% interest is really tempting right now.

I still am having a rough time finding 'quiet' time for the yoga tapes....is that a good excuse or what. We are taking a little walk every day while the weather is so great. I don't even count that as real exercise since its done at 'boy rate' which means we stop alot to look at bugs, mud, leaves, weeds, etc....

Its been wonderful to have a weekend 'off'. This has seemed like the longest weekend. I've gotten alot of things done around the house...but there is so much more to do. Made one trip to the thrift shop last night to drop off a load of clothes and things.
We're considering refinancing the house so I've got to work on the loan papers tonight - yuck.
- jul
down a lb!!
215/current176/T-day goal 174/155(drivers license goal)
Old 10-14-2001, 03:07 PM   #5  

HI All,

Just a quick note. So the big boss left his computer at the airport at the security check. All of our presentations were on it. So now we are trying to get decent versions of everything onto the computers that we do have so they will be ready to be shown (thus I am online).

The bad news? I AM EATING LIKE A PIG!!! This is going to be ugly. Will try to be better and maybe hit the gym. It's not good, but YUMMMM.

Sounds like everyone is doing well. Keep it up!

(going to quickly post the canrage, sans points, on last week's food log)
Old 10-15-2001, 11:44 AM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I thought I was good over the weekend, but apparently not good enough! I was over a couple points yesterday, so I will have to make that up today. I refuse to let this get out of hand again!!

Bailey- LOL! Big boss left his computer in the airport?! Oh the comments I could think up... Try and keep it under control girl!! If you must eat everything in site ( ) , at least make it one small bite of everything!!

Jul- Hope you can find some quiet time for yourself! Congrats on the pound!

Rabbit- LOL, it didn't sink in with me until I read your post about the date!! I highly recommend the pressure cooker! I was really nervous about it, but if I can work it, anyone can work it!! Glad you got the halloween candy out of the house...I have not bought any yet, and I don't plan to buy it until the 30th!! Even then, I will buy something I don't like, otherwise, it'll be gone!

RR- I didn't know they had Super Target's! There's a Target by my mom's house, but I don't like it. I liked the one's I visited down south, but up here they're really junky. What do the Super ones have? DH suggested the Durango, I like them, my boss has one. I remember reading a review that said they ride rough, very truck-ish? I've decided I need to sell my car first, then look into a truck. I can drive DH's XTerra while I look.

BFB- Hope things are getting better with your mom/sister. Glad you're trying to get yourself back on track...that's important!! I dislike my hardwood floors too. I love the way they look, but they get soo dusty/dirty. Need to have lots of rugs down to "catch" the dust!!

Have a great day all!!

Last edited by LBH; 10-15-2001 at 11:49 AM.
Old 10-15-2001, 01:02 PM   #7  

HELLO ALL.

I love my hardwood floors! That and my tile! I wish I didn't have any carpet.

Jul - Nice that you and the boys are taking those fun walks! Even though you don't consider it "exercise", every little bit helps! Congrats on the pound lost!

Bailey - oh no, hang in there! You can do it! Remember how far you've come!

Lauren - well, I may look into a pressure cooker. I like making homemade things. It would be cool to be able to make spaghetti sauce, etc . . . About the halloween candy, I normally buy things I don't like too - for some reason, I took stupid pills this year.

better run - RABBIT
Old 10-15-2001, 01:46 PM   #8  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Default bad girl.....

I'm such a bad girl. I've finally figured out that my biggest problem is eating when i'm not cooking, or not at home. I had been so good last week that I was going to be down maybe 3 pounds (yes I weigh myself too often) but then I went to a friends on Saturday night and last night and today at lunch at work we had a pot luck. I don't even seem to eat too much but I gravitate towards the bad "fried" foods. It's terrible and then I feel terrible. So I'm going to weigh myself Wednesday morning and hope things are back on track by then. I know I haven't blown it all and I'm still down but I always eat and then feel so terrible. AND I REALLY DIDN'T EAT THAT MUCH!!! I just gain so easily. Anyway, I'm still on track for the next goal so I just have to keep that in mind. It's amazing how much you can beat yourself up!

Rabbit - I love hardwood floors too and I found that once I discovered the Swiffer my floors have never been so clean. I used to sweep or vacuum but it's not enough to pick up all the dust, and the dust bunnies too!! But the Swiffer picks up everything and gets under the bed and in all the corners. And the cloths are great for dusting too. (and no I don't work for the company).

Lauren - you have to try to do what I try to do and say that meal's over but I can be good now (not starting tomorrow or next week like I used to say). That's what I'm trying to do right now.

Bailey - Sounds like you're just like I said, good at home and so bad when you're away but give it your best shot so it doesn't get out of control.

Hi to everyone else!!

Elisa
Old 10-15-2001, 04:04 PM   #9  
LBH

Elisa- I just bought a Swiffer a week or so ago. Yes, I love it, but I don't know, when I had carpet, I wanted hardwood floors, when I got hardwood floors, I wanted carpet! So I think if I just get a couple more throw rugs around, I'll be OK! I love the Swiffer for getting under the bed (it's hard w/a king!)
Old 10-15-2001, 04:20 PM   #10  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello!!!
I am trying to ignore the package we got from Belgium today from UPS..I know it is dark chocolate!!!We met a wonderful couple on the train and we send things back and forth....They send such great sinful gifts!!!!
Lauren--I find the Durango smooth..of course I just have 2 seater sport cars to compare it to and they were rough!!!Swifters are great even on ceramic tile to clean cat hair!!!
Well off to walk the neighborhood!!!
Vicki
Old 10-16-2001, 09:51 AM   #11  

Default Please tell me it's not November yet! *L*

Hi all

Well the scale said 139# yesterday morning, so I'm going to go with that for my Thanksgiving goal starting point. Got a real wake-up call yesterday morning though. Only 1 pair of my jeans really fits! I can get the rest of them on, but oh boy are they tight! Have really got to crack back down. I'm going to get back into an exercise routine this week finally. I know where all the weight came from...I was training a lot for the 3-day and as a result could eat more, but I slacked off on my training in late July but kept eating the same way...end result...more weight, more fat, less muscle...tight jeans.

Bailey - hope you got the presentation all worked out & have a fun trip! Last time I checked my sister lived in San Francisco, so unless you're her & you've moved in the past week without telling me......*LOL*

Tech - hope the move went well!

Lauren & Jul - DH has been drooling over F250 Diesel crew-cabs ever since a friend of ours let me borrow his so DH could take the Expedition to tow the Jeep to PA. He keeps talking about how much better it will tow the Jeep & I keep pointing out that right now, we only tow the Jeep about once a month, but I drive to work every day & haul the kids around a couple of times a week! *L* I wouldn't mind having one eventually, but not now...I'm not ready to give up my Expedition yet...AND I don't want to spend the money!

Rabbit - be strong on the Halloween candy. I've bought some, even bought some of my favorite....but it's for the Halloween party & therefore is not to be opened until then!

Guess that's all for the moment.
Have a great day all!

LE
Old 10-16-2001, 11:43 AM   #12  

HI ALL. 3 DAYS OP - WOOHOO.

It is a struggle, but have been keeping op for a few days again. Gotta celebrate my victories, you know?

Elisa - I love my swiffer too! And use swiffer wet for a quick mop job on the tile. I have the same trouble when I'm not eating at home and really need to break it.

RR - well, that's sure nice about the couple you met.

Legal - good luck on your Thanksgiving goal. The halloween candy is no longer a problem as it is stashed at my neighbor's house!

have a great day all.

RABBIT
Old 10-16-2001, 12:19 PM   #13  
LBH

Rabbit- I've been looking for the wet ones, are they the same as the dry ones, just wet? I mean, they fit the regular Swiffer, right? I noticed at BJ's that they have some mechanical kind of Swiffer wet, but I'm pretty sure I saw just regular wet ones for the regular Swiffer, right?

I tried to stay 3 pts. under yesterday, so I could make up the 3 I was over Sunday, but I only made it to 1.5 under. That's OK though because I'm just happy I was under at all...compared to the way I've been eating lately!!

And I also had a date with Gilad last night too! I made it a little further than I usually do, but then I pooped out! I only stopped once for a couple minutes too, which is better then usual. Usually I stop twice.

Hope everyone's having a great day!
Old 10-16-2001, 01:20 PM   #14  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Swiffer....

Lauren - here's the Swiffer scoop. They make the dry ones which I love for my hardwood and tile floors. They also make wet ones (which do fit the same swiffer pole). I think these are only okay. They're good for quick mops of small areas but I find that they dry up really quickly so I can really only do my kitchen and not more than that. For me they don't always replace regular mopping but they're not bad to have around. They do make a different Swiffer wet mop that is different. It has different pads (i think) and there's a bottle of their liquid that attaches to it. It looks kinda cool to me and then at least you won't have the drying out problem but I've held back because it had been quite expensive here. It's come down quite a bit in price but I'm not sure what it's going for now. So I just use the regular Swiffer. And that's all I know (and no I still don't work for the company!!).

Elisa
Old 10-16-2001, 02:12 PM   #15  
Pink Thingy

Thumbs down hi all

Two whole days OP!
Just need to get the water and exercise back into the program now. Bought my mini trampoline yesterday and waiting for amazon to deliver the cardio bounce video. Hope everyone is doing well.

take care all
Closed Thread