100 lb. Club - Scale Victory UPDATE!

View Full Version : Scale Victory UPDATE!

boaterswife
01-13-2007, 12:48 PM
In early December I went for a checkup at my doctor and was so discouraged when I left there. She was rude and insensitive, and didn't have a good word to say about the 45 pounds I had lost. Her response to the weight loss was that I would plateau in about 10 more pounds and not be able to lose any more. Some motivation, huh? I was completely bummed out and you guys lifted me back up!

Well, here's an update! I weighed in this morning at WW and I have now surpassed where the dear doctor said I would plateau by about 2 1/2 pounds! HA!!!

Thanks again, everyone for the never ending support and encouragement!!!

JennyWenny
01-13-2007, 12:53 PM
Good job, boaterswife! :carrot:

Go tell the doctor she can stick where the sun don't shine.:club:

Trazey34
01-13-2007, 12:54 PM
what a rotten doctor!

thanks for the encouragement Dr..... NOT!!!!

egrrrrr that makes me fume!:mad:

lilybelle
01-13-2007, 01:17 PM
WTG Kelly, I knew you could do it. Yeah.

futuresurferchick
01-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Way to go! It's hard to ignore things like that but you didn't let her get to you and got past it. Congrats!

MaWhit
01-13-2007, 02:31 PM
Good for you! (And see a different doc next time. ;))

GirlyGirlSebas
01-13-2007, 03:16 PM
:woohoo: Kelly, that is awesome! Just think, you threw sand in the face of conventional medicine! :cp: They aren't used to success stories.

train
01-13-2007, 03:50 PM
why on earth would a doctor do that?? beats me.
anyway, congratulations!! she can go jump!

CLCSC145
01-13-2007, 05:54 PM
That is so very cool, Kelly! Congratulations! :cheer:

rockinrobin
01-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Kelly you are AMAZING!!!!! What an inspiration you are. Phooey on your dopey doctor. Look how quickly you're taking that weight down. Amazing!!!
I'm soooo happy for you. :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

melsfolly
01-13-2007, 09:27 PM
:congrat: Great job!!!

boaterswife
01-13-2007, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the kind words and encouragement, everyone! The doc did royally tic me off, and I am intending to see a different doctor in the same office when I go for my next checkup in April. She's got just one shot to make me smile (I haven't seen this one since before I started losing weight). One slip up and I'm outta there, and never ever going back!!!

RockinRobin, I look at the graphs and trackers for my weight loss on the WW website, as well as the info that shows up on here under my name, and some days I can't believe it either. I'm a whole different person than I was in August of last year; I getting back to the person I was 20 years ago!

rockinrobin
01-14-2007, 08:17 AM
Kelly, you sound just so very happy and content and like you're in such a good place. I'm so very happy for you. It's such an incredible thing you're doing for yourself. There really is no better thing we could possibly do for ourselves then get to a healthy weight - nothing even comes close.

ScarlettDrawl
01-14-2007, 11:05 AM
Woohoo! Good for you. Some doctor's really suck in the motivation department. You would think in all the training they receive, someone would teach them some compassion.

beautifulone
01-14-2007, 11:21 AM
Kelly, that's wonderful, good for you!

LondonJulz
01-14-2007, 12:02 PM
Kelly -
:congrat: :cheer: :cheer2: :woohoo:

way to "stick it to the man". Is it odd that being able to do that gives me some sort of evil satisfaction! hahaha! Seriously though - there's no greater feeling than being able to prove someone wrong (especially a doctor) when it comes to weight. When people are so NEGATIVE the way your dr. was to you..... what an awesome feeling to be able to, in a sense, stick your tongue out at them and yell a hearty "nah nah nah nah boo boo!"

You're awesome! Keep it up! You are an inspiration to me.

EnglishMuffin
01-14-2007, 12:32 PM
Good for you! Doctors know bugger all about successful weight loss in my experience and are highly talented at demoralising the best efforts. Just keep doing what works for you and ignore 'helpful' advice like that!

EM

crazynette826
01-15-2007, 12:28 AM
Congratulations Kelly! WTG!! :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

boaterswife
01-16-2007, 10:58 AM
Thanks again for all the encouragement, everyone. It reminds me every day when I come to this site why I refuse to skip a day! Every person on here is an inspiration to all of us, and I know that I couldn't make these changes without all of you. Thank you, thank you, thank you!