Support Groups - January in Japan - Traveling with the Worldly Chicks

happy2bme
01-13-2007, 12:32 PM
Konichiwa - *bows*

Good morning chicks of the world! :wave: We have overdone our stay in Lapland - if you hang around too long Santa makes you clean up after the holiday :lol:

For the rest of January we will be spending time in Naha, the capitol city of Okinawa, Japan. Okinawa is considered to be in the sub-tropics with milder weather. Currently 16C/61F so some of us will be rejoicing in the milder temps and some will need to pack a warm jacket but it's better than my first pick which was Juneau, Alaska (perhaps we'll visit there in June or July).

Being in the warmer end, Okinawa is the first area to bud the beautiful cherry blossoms. Cross your fingers that we got here in time. :crossed:

To those who may not know us - we are the Chicks of the World - a fine bunch of people who happen to live ... all over the world :D

This thread is open to everyone. Come join us. :welcome3:

happy2bme
01-13-2007, 12:44 PM
It's always hard for me to remember what people wrote when we change threads so forgive me if I left something off.

Welcome back Suzi. :wave: Sounds like you had a great holiday!

Very cute bedroom set there Holly.

Have you got the new eating plan laid out Ceejay?

Mel - gee I sure hope that things will work out for you and that one of your friends will find a way to look after you. :hug: Sounds like you are keeping your spirits up - what is meant to be will be and perhaps there is another opportunity just on the horizon. Don't give up hope!

It's a rainy day today. Good for staying inside and getting things done - especially those hidden things like boxes in the closet and such. I also want to spend some time on the 3rd floor going through the Christmas decorations and packing things away. I'm sure I can toss some things too. I also bought new sneakers this week. I've worn them walking around but the real test of comfort will be on the treadmill. So we'll get a little bit of that in too today.

Will start with an early brunch tho. I think some scrambled eggs and a piece of toast are in order. :hungry:

Happy weekend chicks!

Roseblush
01-13-2007, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the new home..... you did good girl..... woke up to below 9 degrees today but the sun is out and we are up to about 7 above....beautiful day..... I want more snow so I can ski out my front door. The kids got to see the herd of elk that reside by my house while they were home. that was fun....... I am having a Nae day without my BF til evening..... it is hard when he is retired and I work and have other people and stuff to do..... they seem to take lots of free time.... I am happy to do that but I need my time. Old maids are hard to change.......!!!!!!
Hold some good thoughts for my Mom and my friend Kari, my mom is having some heart stuff and my friend just lost her dad.... they were close and he has not been in his right mind for a long time but he was still so funny.... transitions are so difficult.
Took me most of the morning to just go through my paperwork....yikes ..... can't believe how difficult that can be. Hope everyone has a good weekend.... Mel you are amazing and deserve nothing but the best treatment from everyone..... you hang in there girl......
Thinking of everyone around the world today....
Blessings,
Nae

Meadow
01-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Oh goody, Japan! Can I rake the sand in the meditation garden? I adore chrysanthemums! That is the official flower of Japan, right? Thank you Happy :D It was -19C here yesterday, ice on the roads, brrrrr! Latest craving is cabbage slightly steamed so I'm heading back to the road to wellness :p Even bought some flour with wheat bran added so I'm not using the pure white stuff anymore. Of course, I always add my flax seed to all muffins and pancakes. My kids have no clue how sneaky I am :p

Happy-:lol3: classic, that no one finished the book. Have you been to Graceland yet? I was thinking about that the other day. Curiosity you know, what was your impression?

Mel-you have so much good energy surrounding you, the bad vibes just can't make a dent! :hug: This too shall pass. Great to hear all your buddies are rallying around and doing some covert button pushing ;) Have you seen "Over the hedge" or "Ice age, The meltdown" They both have whacky squirrels in them, cartoon fun! Might give you a giggle if you rent them :)

Holly-Oh wow! The decor for your daughter's room looks like it is going to be stunning! She is going to be feeling very cherished. High five, mommy diva!

Rose-glad you are getting back into a routine. Must be tough having someone who wants your attention all the time after doing your own thing, whenever you felt like it. Big scheduling hiccup, but the new fellow sounds like he is worth a bit of shuffling for ;) Elk on the lawn! so cool!

Suzi-glad you are back. What happened with the car? Did I miss a post? Are you able to drive it? Do you have a loaner? Any funds in the post?

Shad-So the key fit?! How is the new gym working out? Is there someone to help you set up a program? I hope Fawlty Towers doesn't have any more hidden traps to torment you :lol:

Ceejay-good to hear that the prognosis wasn't too dire. Be well :hug:

:wave: Hello world

happy2bme
01-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Just in case she's peeking in. A big :wave: to Redballoon. How are you chickie? :hug:

happy2bme
01-13-2007, 07:32 PM
Hi Meadow - I just posted and pop - you were in and out before I could catch up with you!

Yes, I have been to Graceland. Didn't hum Paul Simon's song but I could have. I have to admit, I was not an Elvis fan tho I did like his ballads. "In the Ghetto" always gets me teary eyed. :cry: It was my brother in law who wanted to go so we all took the trip over to the other side of town. Graceland is on a big main street - you park across the road in a grassy field, pay your money, tour the museums, check out his 2 airplanes, look in the gift shops and then get in a big old queue to wait your turn on the little short bus which takes you across the road and drops you off at the front door of the mansion.

First impressions - 1) it's not nearly as cheezy as I had heard. 2) It's in remarkable condition considering it's age and 3) THIS is a MANSION???? Considering the monstrously HUMONGOUS homes they build now a days, this house is just slightly bigger than mine. But in it's day in the mid 50's, it was a mansion. I met a girl at work who grew up here and she said she remembers piling into the family sedan and gawking past Elvis' huge house. The pool looks like it would fit about 4 people which was funny because he always had people over and out by the pool. However in those days of bouffant hairdo's with tons of hair spray and kohl black eyes and lots of makeup, wearing heels with your swimsuit so that your legs looked their best, I guess only a few of the guests ever made it IN the pool.

When we were in the parking lot, we started talking to a couple who had parked next to us - I imagine they were in their late 50's early 60's. They said this was their 8th time at Graceland. They came every few years because periodically they open up more of the house and grounds to the public tours. When they first came, you could only go outside and filter past the graves of Elvis and his parents. Now the entire downstairs and basement are open to tour. The upstairs has the bedrooms and is locked and will never be open to the public because when Elvis was alive, he always greeted his guests downstairs and no one except his immediate family was allowed upstairs. At the time we went, this was prior to Lisa Marie selling Graceland and they told us that occasionally Lisa Marie and Priscilla would still stay there. You can now tour the house, the outside grounds, the stable areas where he had his office and the tour concludes with a walk past the gravesites.

I came away with a total respect for the man. One section has all sorts of memorabilia but the real stunner to me was the handball court. It's a room with a double high ceiling. That room is filled - floor to ceiling with records and awards he received. Standing and looking all around, it's incredible what that man accomplished. And he was incredibly generous too. More than the Cadillac cars he gave to friends - he never lost the humble roots and southern manners he was raised with. Even if he did have some issues.

I'm glad I took the tour. I'd do it again. Probably will when Shad comes to town :D It's also just amazing to see all the people non stop who come to Graceland every year. It's most crowded January 8th - the commemoration of his birthday and August 11 - the anniversary of his death where I understand they have parties and thousands of people attend a candelight vigil. Which is kind of cool IF you like horrid crowds. No thanks but I do understand the power of being with those who appreciate the same things you do.

Long winded answer for you Meadow. We'll be happy to take any of you on a tour.

ceejay52
01-13-2007, 07:40 PM
Happy-- Thanks for the new home. I thought we were going to be elves and stay to help Santa. It's a rainy day here also. I've been doing some cleaning but not nearly enough. It's just to dark and gloomy.

Meadow--You can rake the sand in the meditation garden. I'll raise my feet. I'm to old to sit in the yoga position. Hope there are some benches.

Nae--Hope you mom is feeling better and condolances go to your friend. This can be a trying time for both of you.

Suprisingly I have not been bingeing today. However, I have had some chips and a few hershey minature bites. I still have calories left over but's that is because I slept til 10.30 a.m.

I really need to be up vacuuming the living room.

Hello to all the rest.:wave:

ceejay52
01-13-2007, 07:48 PM
Happy--I've been to Graceland and was supprise out how small the pool was. I don't remember which room it was but the ceiling had red velvet material with a medalian in the center and 3 t.v.'s in the kitchen. My neice was only 8at the time and she throughouly enjoyed it. I'd go again.

Hollyhock
01-13-2007, 09:22 PM
Yippee Japan. DD is stidying Japan in school this term and we have 2 sets of friends there!!!!!

Red and yellow and pink and green,
Purple and orange and blue,
I can sing a rainbow
Sing a rainbow
sing a rainbow toooooooo

DD's fav song since she was a wee babe.We have every colour on her room but the red. She is tickled. Her whole kindergarten journal is one rainbow pic after another.It feels fab to do this for her!!!

Madcat
01-13-2007, 10:06 PM
Wow, Japan! How cool. Funny, but DH and I were talking about places we wanted to go one day and Japan was one of the places on our list. Oh, and we did have sushi for lunch :lol:

I have the same problem that Happy does when we switch threads, so I apologize ahead of time because I have a memory like a leaky sieve. From what I can remember –
Glad you are back, Suzi! It’s nice that your eldest got over being cool and teenaged so that he could have fun too.
Hang in there Mel. I hope you are hinting at good things to come. It is time of crisis that we find out who our friends are.
Happy~ have fun organizing stuff. Happiness is a new pair of sneakers. Now I have that Paul Simon song stuck in my head. I may have to dig out that CD… no wait, I have it on vinyl, so that doesn’t help.
Nae~ Yeah those men-things can be time consuming! I will keep good thought for your Mom and friend.
Meadow~ I love that you are sneaking in flax into food items. I “accidentally” bought whole wheat pasta not long ago and my DH is yet to notice the difference.
Ceejay~ Good work avoiding the Binge Monster. That’s great.
Holly~ Your DD’s bedroom sounds terrific and I hope she has lovely dreams inside her rainbow.
Shad~ there are worst places than Fawlty Towers??? I want pictures!

K I have forgotten someone or something, I know, so I’ll just go Hello World too.

Not much to say today. I still have a bit of a cough but I am determined to get back to the gym and smart eating again. I picked up a new Pilates DVD on Friday and I’ll crack it open tomorrow if I am feeling ok. I have spent the last week reading a fair amount about motivation and different approaches and I think things are starting to fall into place mentally again. Not much else on the plate for tomorrow other than a couple loads of laundry and maybe put away the last odds and sods from Christmas. It’s turned cold here and it is supposed to start snowing this evening. If it stays on the ground it will be the first real snowfall of the year here in the city. Since I don’t have any travel plans tomorrow I am actually thinking it might be nice. That enthusiasm won’t last though :lol: later chickies :wave:

carla49
01-13-2007, 10:13 PM
Yay! We've finally left Lapland! I have a feeling there was something not quite right there - some of us having sugar/chocolate/shortbread storms, others worried about their jobs, bursting eye cysts, colds that wouldn't quit, new cars getting scratched and wrecked... Heck, Shad's keys may even keep working now, and if her AC goes back on, I'll believe the jinx has been lifted. Maybe I'll re-lose the 10lbs I've put back on, and Mighty Mel will win the lottery.

:grouphug: and :wave: to all.

suzi in auz
01-13-2007, 10:14 PM
What a lovely spot you have brought us to Happy ...Thank you! :hug:
I actually got here on the first day and first page for once instead of my usual 2 weeks catch up...am hoping to be more frequent with posting :)

Holly...I can just imagine your lovely painted room. I bet it looks all fresh and lovely, one of my delimas whenever I paint is taking everything down but then not wanting to put things up again as the walls look so nice...do you feel the same? My DD loves that song too, even now.

Happy...Gracelands sounds super. I would LOVE to visit. I too think Elvis achieved so much in his short lifetime and really is iconic.

Ceejay...it's great when you can still fit special things into your lifestyle. I think it's the key to success, it does stop us from binging when we know that we can still have treats.

Meadow :wave: and happy new year to you! I agree with you on the white flour thing. I think it's a great idea to sneak stuff into the kids diets. I think I might start doing the same. We have changed from white rice to brown too and that is making a difference. The kids are still eating it as long as there is lots of sauce to mix up with it. Feels good to be making healthy choices.

Rose :wave: and HNY to you too. Hugs for you and your friend. As you mentioned transition is difficult. I am so glad to hear that you and BF are doing so well. ...lovely!

Mel...how lovely to get the support you need right now. You deserve it all. We are still thinking and praying for you.

I have been so so slack with my Christmas cards, they just didn't happen. I had good intentions but there was no time. I promise there will be something happening sometime :) May be when I am at work and twiddling my thumbs.
I really have no idea what is expected of me yet and am a little nervous.
We will see.

I do have some good news. There may be a trip planned for this year sometime, maybe. Hopefully with everyone coming. We will really have to save our pennies though. I would love it and it would be a dream come true for me. We may be off to Paris! DH has an opportunity to go there with work. I so hope we can go. DH would LOVE to take the kids to LONDON as well. Our accomodation would be paid for in Paris which does make a difference.
In some ways it is good to have something to look forward to and plan. It does seem like a way off...June but we need all the time to pop some $$$ in the bank. I just wish it wasn't so far to go 24 hrs on the plane. Maybe we could break it up with something in between. The only thing I will have to watch is when the exams are for DS. He is in year 10 this year which means he has important exams to do. Hopefully the trip could be taken in the vacation. Paris isn't too far from Holland, which is where my DB2 and SIL are with their dear little one. It would mean we could spend some time with them also! I am excited. :carrot: :carrot: Still all my chickies are not counted yet.

DH has had an overseas visitor staying for the last few days which is why i knew about the trip, he is working hard to make it happen. I met his wife and three lovely girls last year at this time and we hit it off so well. The kids would love to catch up with them all again. DS15 has a soft spot for their DD15. She is gorgeous. I know if we gave him the incentive of her being there he would save his pennies. ...hmmm. we will have to wait and see.

Ok enough dreaming. I better get this show on the road. I have about 12 coming for tea for a BBQ tonight, a last minute impromtu thing. I am getting better at these.

Much love to everyone.
Sue x

carla49
01-13-2007, 10:20 PM
Howdy Madcat! I see your little light glowing. :flame:

'This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine
This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine
Let it shine, let it shine, all the time"

Don't know where that came from. Must have been an old Elvis hit. :lol3:

redballoon
01-14-2007, 08:10 AM
happy! Is there where you are hanging out!?!? And carla!!!! Shad! (she's hit the 21-day again...was giving me a hard time on wild boars and pigs...)
But, woah, Japan, who the h@ll in her right mind would ever, ever want to go there?!?!? :lol3:
Why don't you mozy on up Tokyo way? Lot of kooks there, I hear!

And no, I wasn't peeking, but I saw carla had posted, then looked at the thread and it was you and Japan! :spin: Bizarre! Genki nan no?!?!

:sumo:

MELODY525
01-14-2007, 10:14 AM
This little light of mine,
I'm going to let it shine.
I'm going to let it shine.
I'm going to let it shine,
Every day, every day,
Every day, every day,
Gonna let my little light shine.

On Monday, he gave me the gift of love;
On Tuesday, peace came from above.
On Wednesday told me to have more faith;
On Thursday, gave me a little more grace.
On Friday, told me to watch and pray
On Saturday, told me just what to say,
On Sunday, gave power divine
Just to let my little light shine. (oh)

Chorus

Now some say you got to run and hide.
But we say there's no place to hide.
And some say let others decide,
But we say let the people decide.
Some say the time's not right,
But we say the time's just right.
If there's a dark corner in our land,
You got to let your little light shine. (oh)

:wave: Hello Red Balloon! nice of you to visit! :wave:

:cofdate: HAPPY~ athanks FOR A NEW HOME!! I FEEL REJEUVENATED ALREADY!! MAYBE CARLA IS RIGHT AND WE LEFT ALL THE CRAP WITH SANTA SO HE CAN SORT IT ALL OUT BY NEXT DECEMBER!!! :rofl: I LOVED THE POST ABOUT GRACELAND. MADE THE PICS I HAVE SEEN MORE PERSONAL. WILL SHAD BEHAVE HERSELF IN A QUEUE??? SHE'LL BE TELLING THEM THEY CAN MANAGE THE PLACE IN A MUCH MORE ORDERLY WAY :lol3: :lol3: TAKE A VIDEO CAMERA CAUSE I WANT TO "HEAR" WHAT SHE SAYS!!!:rofl: I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN ABOUT THE CALL. WHEN THIS IS OVER AND I HAVE SOME GOOD STUFF TO SAY!! LOL TRYING VERY HARD RIGHT NOW NOT TO THINK!! :faint:

CARLA~ YOU MAY HIDE BUT WE WILL SEEK YOU OUT AND DRAG YOU BACK KICKING AND SCREAMING!! IF SHAD VISITS NEAR YOU THEN IT'S YOUR TURN TO BE AFRAID....SHE MAY WELL BE PACKING LINDA T'S PROD ON HER RIGHT HIP. I HEAR SHE'S GOT A PRETTY FAST DRAW!!! :rofl: :rofl: LOVE YOUR CAT TOO!!! :lol3:

CEEJAY~ THOUGHT OF YOU AND AM STILL GLAD THE TERSTS WERE OK. FIBER UP KIDDO!!! WE COULD BOTH USE THE INCREASE. HOPE PARAGOULD IS DOING WELLL ALSO AND THE NEPHEW.

SUZI~ I AM SO THRILLED WITH YOUR NEWS!!! HOW WONDERFUL!! PULL IN THOSE BELTS AND GET THAT PIGGY BANK STUFFED WITH TRIP CASH!!!! :cb:
GOOD LUCK WITH THE JOB AND BE CALM! :bubbles:

MADCAT~ I DO WISH THAT DANG COUGH WOULD LEAVE YOU IN PEACE. YA KNOW IT'S FUNNY BUT WHEN THE CHIPS ARE DOWN I AM ALWAYS SURROUNDED BY MEN? WONDER WHY THAT IS? ANYWAY.....SEND US SOME SNOW AS IT'S STILL IN THE 50'S HERE!! :beach:
FEEL BETTER! :hug:

SHAD~ HOW GOES THE TOWERS? THE TFG?? ANY NEW AND AMUSING TALES OF THE TRADE?? ARE ALL THE LITTLE CHICKS BEHAVING?? HAVE YOU HURT ANYONE YET THIS WEEK???

HOLLY~ JEN AND I WERE REMINISCING ABOUT A LAVENDAR AND PINK BEDROOM I DID FOR HER ONE YEAR WHILE SHE WAS AT CAMP. ENJOY THE TIME WITH THE SHERBET COLORS!

NAE~ I FEEL FOR YOU AND THE CHANGING OF YOU LIFE AROUND. I DON'T DO WELL WITH CHANGES EITHER :yikes: :rofl: I CANNOT IMAGINE SEEING THE HERD OF ELK ON YOUR FRONT LAWN OTHER THAN HAVING MY BREATH TAKEN AWAY!! WHAT A WONDERFUL SIGHT IT MUST BE. GLAD EVERYONE GOT TO SEE IT TOO.

MEADOW MAYBE YOU BETTER PUT FLAX IN EVERYTHING INCLUDING THE CHOCOLATE AND CABBAGE JUST TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE! :dance: YOUR POST MADE ME LAUGH THOUGH. HOPE YOU ARE ON THE ROAD TO RECOVERY!!!
FOR SOME REASON AROUND EVERY HOLIDAY THE :devil: TAKES POSSESSION OF MY TASTE BUDS!!! :rofl:

I HOPE THAT COVERS EVERYONE AND MISS TEEL FINDS HER WAY HERE ALSO! OUR DARK AND RAINY WEATHER IS GIVING ME A WELL DESERVED REST. IT'S MAKING EVERYONE SLEEPY AND LOTS OF NAPS GOING ON IN THIS BLDG! :dance: I HAVE ALREADY EATEN AND CHECKED THE BLDG OUT. EVERYTHING IS AS IT SHOULD BE. OFF TO THE SHOWERS. I THINK I RAN THE MARATHON IN MY SLEEP.....VERY SWEATY AFFAIR. NEED NEW SHEETS TOO NOW! THINKING AS POSITIVE AS I CAN....REALLY TRYING NOT TO THINK AT ALL! :rofl: I STARTED USING THE PEDALS AGAIN. MAYBE I SHOULD PEDAL AND THEN HIT THE SHOWER. MUCH BETTER IDEA.
HAPPY SUNDAY! :moped:

happy2bme
01-14-2007, 02:26 PM
Good morning chicks :coffee2:

It's so nice to see everyone again. Perhaps we were overdue for a change in scenery. And it never occured to me but Carla may be right - we did have a lot of not so good issues in Lapland.

Standing here in the land of the rising sun, breathing the fresh air, sitting quietly in the Zen garden (thanks for raking up Meadow!) and hearing the strains of happy songs about rainbows and inner strength -- I feel energized already! Thanks guys! :grouphug:

Mel, I promise a full report about Graceland. Shad - get a T-shirt to wear that indicates you are from overseas. It gets the crowd all pumped up to realize that people come from all over the world! Happy pedalling :ebike: sounds like you are ready to get back to basics again. Hope this is the turn around that you need :crossed:

Red - it was so nice to see you :hug: - was hoping you might stop by. Redballoon is my friend from another thread. She lives in Tokyo and gave us an assist when Shad was needing some help with her friend.

Sue - your trip sounds absolutely fabulous! I do hope that you can make it happen. You have enough time now to make even little changes that will add up. Paste a bunch of pictures on a large jar to remind everyone of your goals. If you use cents off coupons at the store, put the savings in the jar - after all, why else would they call it "savings" if you don't save it? :dunno: And the children are old enough to appreciate what they would get to see. I'm so excited for you!!!!! :hyper: I know what you mean about the long plane trip. It's the reason DH and I will probably never see Aus and NZ tho we would love to. In fact, I was thinking of a trip to Hawaii for our 30th anniversary this year but when we actually sat and talked about it - DH said he is REALLY not excited about an 9 hour plane ride (actually longer than that because we'd have to fly Memphis to Chicago and then in Chicago it would be 8 hours to Hawaii non stop. He also said he doesn't want to break up the trip and fly 4 hours to the west coast with a layover and then on to Hawaii for another 5 and a half hours. So I don't know what we'll do. But holy :cow: 24 hours on the plane :yikes: I'd go stir crazy even if I could get up and move about. Would have to pretend you're on a space flight! :lol: Sue, it almost sounds as if you have a new position on the job. Is that so? I'm referring to your comment about not knowing what was expected of you.

Carla, so it is true what they told us about gaining 10 pounds for the holidays? My weight has been erratic- up and down the same few pounds. I guess I have to bite the bullet and actually MEASURE everything that goes in my mouth. I really don't want to switch over to the CORE plan - it's more like low carb and I'm not sure I could stick with it for very long. But come on, no matter what, we can do this, right? After all... we're in a fresh, new place now. :)

Madcat - good. You can help us pick out the sushi. I will eat the California roll - no raw fish for me thank you. Did you get some snow? Huge wet cold front coming through the middle of the country, touching your parts up north too.

Holly - good to hear DD likes her spruced up room. A new coat of paint is always invigorating - really freshens the house up.

Ceejay - I can still get into yoga position - is that the Lotus position? :yoga: Trouble is someone has to help me "unfold" and then I can't stand up :lol: And I have too much on the thighs to do the child's pose. Something to work towards I suppose. Guess you're having the wet, gloomy weather we are too. Fortunately a lot of the rain is taking a path north one it hits the Mississipi river here so we're not getting quite as much rain as our western neighbors.

Meadow, I designate you official garden keeper. :) Glad to hear you escaped the chocolate shortbread showers at long last. It that whole or crushed flax seed you're using? I have been taking flax seed oil capsules. Helps with the achy joints. Helps even more when I remember to take them regularly :o

Rose - sending you some comforting thoughts :grouphug: 9 degrees you say :yikes: brrrrrrrr :( (that's blue as in icicle) Speaking of which, I'm sure your skies are bluer than blue and the stars at night spectacular. The skies get better looking the colder it gets. Stay warm and enjoy your natural picture show. Good to hear things are going well with your romance.

And so that leaves us to the missing Shad. Is she out enjoying the weekend? Is she wandering Fawlty Towers lost in a maze where no key works? Is it time to send out the bloodhounds and rescue St. Bernard dogs? woof, woof, sniff, sniff.

It's getting near the end of our football season so DH is glued to the TV set this afternoon - particularly since the team playing today is our old hometown Chicago Bears. I will get the laundry done and make a list for groceries. Afterwards I'm hoping we can go shopping together and stop at the running store and get fit for some sneakers. I happened upon another thread here talking about the right kinds of footwear for different activities and it had some very good information. I think we should go and get measured correctly - both of us need shoes. I can always return the ones I just bought - they have a 30 day return policy and I only wore them indoors enough to see if they were comfortable. They are almost there but not quite - perhaps there is something that would work a bit better. So as usual I have spent too much time on the computer. Time to go get some lunch and then get busy.

Have a good day everybody!

happy2bme
01-14-2007, 02:28 PM
Carla - I really like your new avatar. We DO seem to be having a cat theme going on here, don't we? Entirely coincidental I'm sure. :D

ceejay52
01-14-2007, 02:38 PM
It's been a quiet day at work. I'm getting a little bored.

Mel--Hope there is good news.

Suzi--Wow-- I'll be envious with your trip to Paris.

Carla, Madcat and Happy--Hello :wave:

Shad
01-14-2007, 06:59 PM
I'm back,

Haven't read the last of the old thread yet but will get around to it soon I hope.

Can't stop, King Kong will be doing the rounds soon. Ever smiling, how was your weekend look on his face while searching for internet icons on the task bar.

Pleased to say that over the last week I have lost one kilo. ie on 7th Jan I weighed at 78.9 on 14th Jan I weighed at 77.9 and it should have been less, but I had a less than stellar eating weekend.

Okinawa in Japan - well it brought Red into the picture, maybe it will bring Tig out of retirement - who knows.

Gotta go. Be back to chat later.

Hollyhock
01-15-2007, 09:14 AM
Freezing rain here. everything covered in ice. Hubby is home, school is cancelled.....completely changes my day. I really look forward to Mondays to get the house tidy after the other 3 loafing about and leaving trails for 2 days. Wont happen today. I WILL do the office and DR and then work at Avon. I DID have an appt in the city too.

The weather channel showed this as the same weather system hitting Texas.
Letting the kids sleep in.

Coffee is good.

A good weekend. I did eat with abandon yesterday. Not sure i had a single veg.Didn't over stuff but really enjoyed some goat cheese and crackers, bacon and eggs........
Lots of salad stuff in the fridge. I will make a big salad to last a few days.
DDs' room is all finished. it is incredibly pretty.
Hubby was a complete a$$ on friday night and I just didn't let it. Guess I had had enough of his bullying. It was a huge argument but for me it felt great to get it all out. Things have been okay since. He picked a fight with DS yesterday. I mediated.
Not sure what today will bring. The roads seem fine right now, everything else is covered in ice.

HUGS!!!!!!

MELODY525
01-15-2007, 10:12 AM
ALREADY ON PAGE 2! TIME FLIES. I AM LOVING THIS RAIN AND MAYBE WE CAN SEND SOME TO THE LAND OF OZ WHERE IT IS MUCH NEEDED. I AM SOGGY ALREADY.
ALL IS WELL IN MY CORNER OF THE WORLD. JUST THE USUAL SMOKE ALARMS WITH PEOPLE CONTINUALLY TRYING TO BURN THE BLDG DOWN :flame:
"AND MISS WHILE YOU ARE DOWN HERE CAN YOU MAKE THE TV'S REMOTE WORK?"
I ALWAYS HAVE BATTERIES FOR JUST SUCH OCCASSIONS!
THE KIDS AND I ARE NOT HAVING OUR WEEKEND OF SPANISH FOOD. NO ONE'S STOMACH COULD HANDLE IT....NOT EVEN RITCHIE'S!!! :rofl: CAN ANYONE SAY NIGHTMARES? OR MAYBE A BETTER WORD WOULD BE PANICMARES OR STRESSMARES. :hyper: DREAMING OF THINGS AND PEOPLE THAT ARE BEST NOT REMEMBERED.
I THINK I NEED TO TAKE UP DRINKING AND SMOKING AGAIN....MAYBE SOME POT TOO. I WAS SO TRANQUIL BACK THEN :faint: :cloud9: :dance:
I THINK FOR TODAY SOME PEDALS AND DVDS.
HAPPY MONDAY!! :angel:
:hb: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MLK!!!:balloons:

SHAD~ THOUGHT THERE MIGHT BE A MONKEY ON YOUR BACK :jig: OR LOOKING OVER YOUR SHOULDER I SHOULD SAY. WE WILL WAIT TILL YOU ARE HOME AGAIN!! LOL
HOPE YOU'RE NOT HAVING WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS WITHOUT THE FORUM DAILY READ AND POST!!:dizzy:
SENDING GOOD VIBES YOUR WAY!

CEEHAY~ I WAS WONDERING IF YOU ARE STILL USING E-DIETS? HOW GOES THE FIBER ADDITIONS? HOPE THE DIVERTICULI ARE BEING QUIET NOW! :hug:

HOLLY~ SEND THE SNOW HERE!!! BUT NOT THE KIDS!!! I CAN BARELY TAKE CARE OF ONE 16 OUNCE GRANDSON :rofl:

HAPPY~ WHEN I TALK TO JEN I HEAR THE FOOTBALL IN THE BACKGROUND. THAT IS WHY THE BIRD IS HERE. HE HATES WHISTLES AND SCREAMS ALL DAY LONG. THEY WAKE HIM UP AND HE NEEDS HIS BEAUTY SLEEP.
BORDER BOOKS SEND ME A E-MAIL WITH SUGGESTIONS ON IT AND I THOUGHT OF YOU AND THE CLUB. WHAT IS THE NEXT PICK? DID I MISS SEEING IT? HAPPY SHOPPING!! I WOULD LIKE SOME CHOCOLATE MOUSSE AND BAKED MACARONI....THE CHEESY KIND. :hungry:

:wave: HELLO EVERYONE ELSE LURKING IN THE SHADOWS

MELODY525
01-15-2007, 10:19 AM
<-----I KNOW THESE TWO CATS FROM SOMEWHERE
BUT I JUST CANNOT REMEMBER WHERE I FIRST SAW THEM. MUST HAVE BEEN SOME ELSE'S AVATAR AT ONE TIME. Hmmmmmmmm

carla49
01-15-2007, 10:59 AM
Mel, I think I saw your cats on a website I looked at last week - maybe animation.com? My cat avatar was actually part of an animation too, but for some reason the rest of the action didn't transfer. So you don't get to see wiggly kitty being flattened by a huge 10lb weight...

For the last 6 months or so there has been a construction crew at my building working intermittently on a problem with the east wall (my bedroom wall). They finally took the scaffolding down a few days ago, hurrah! But I rejoiced too soon. This morning at 9:10 am, in the middle of a snowstorm, it happened again: I looked up from reading the paper in bed to find large young men "driving" by on a swing stage and looking ito my bedroom. And me in my 'dis-habilly' as my dad used to say. :eek: Very disconcerting, and of course no prior notice, so how could I have known they'd show up and I should leave the curtains shut... (Communications in this condo are appalling, in spite of my best efforts to goose the Board - even offering to write up notices for them if they'll give me the info verbally...) They came back down as I was writing this, the curtsins drawn this time - gosh, maybe the only reason for the trip was to annoy me. Me, me, it's all about me!

Brief interruption there - a large grey furball had a sudden urge to climb on my chest for a little cuddle-fest, which doesn't happen too often. He prefers to play hard to get, makes me make all the advances...

Gotta go, need coffee and sustenance before I struggle into the old kimono. Maybe wash that cat dander off my chin before I break out in hives. (Now I have that song "Love hurts" running thru my head. Who knew I'd end up with a big neutered cat inspiring sad love songs... Sad, really.) :shrug:

ceejay52
01-15-2007, 05:47 PM
Mel--The fiber intake is up some. Don't want to over do it all at once. Gave up E-diets months ago. I was paying to much for it and not using the sight. I' d thought about buying their food but it very expensive, like 700 dollars a month. The diverticuli are behaving today.

I've decided that I binge due to the fact that I'm not allowing myself enough calories. This year I'm going to find that happy medium with out obession. I'm just trying to stay healthy and no worrying about weight loss.

I'm making plans to go to the gym tonight. Hope it is not over run with new years resolution people.

Hello to the rest.

happy2bme
01-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Yes, where is that Tig woman anyway? Probably off having fun with Painterwoman. We SHOULD see Tig - aren't the "thugs" in Japan? Well, we'll just make them call her then... :)

Ceejay - I know what you mean about paying for something and not using it. I was not using the Push website as much as I should too. I have given myself 2 months to use it or I will cancel my subscription.

Argh Carla - creepy men at the window. What an unpleasant surprise. Ick. Hey, cat's inspire all sorts of things in people. I go around the house saying 'STUPID CAT" alot. Actually we are the ones who are stupid as she has us wrapped around her furry little paw. I like your new avatar. Everyone is changing up, does this mean I have to switch too? I dont' feel like I got all the mileage out of Mr. Froggy head yet :cry: doan wanna *stomp, stomp*

Mel, I like your avatar too. If you decide to take up drinking and smoking again, come on down - cigs are pretty cheap here and I have a 3 year old pack in my purse :lol: I have a wetbar at the house with some liquour too. A couple of bottles of wine, some TGI Friday's Orange Dream stuff, Amaretto, Peach Schnapps, a bottle of Gin I think and maybe some Southern Comfort. That ought to be enough to get us singing :rofl: Actually in all honesty, I understand your comment too well. But of course, we won't act on it, just pretend, eh? ;) ;)

Tread carefully Holly. Would rather get 2 feet of snow than a half inch of ice. Brrr. Stay warm and upright.

Shad :cp: :carrot: :woohoo: on the weight loss. Could it be all the stairs you're climbing now since your door locks don't work as they should? Anyway that is wonderful news.

Short post for me. I have to hurry and get supper on. I want to do a bit of exercising this evening. Will chat later...

carla49
01-15-2007, 08:49 PM
No Happy, don't change your froggy! I just switched mine in honour of our move to Japan. And, of course, my increasingly buddha-like physique.

That's all for now, just a quick drive-by post. :wave:

Shad
01-15-2007, 09:18 PM
Morning all,
Good to see all this posting going on. And of course the kitty avatars. I should get around to changing mine, but like happy - i don wanna yet!!!! so there. By the way, Tig's thugs are in Okinawa - let's kidnap them and see if it gets her back here!

The keys are working, the lift is working, the pool is open, the air con decided to do something cool, don't know if I can stand the luxury. The one thing not working is the under sink muncher thingy, and I don't care about that since I think it is one of the most unenvironmentally sound things I have ever encountered. Indeed they are banned in Western Australia. And of course the cleaner doesn't work either!

Mel, I am still working on how to get hold of you from here for little money! DS2 gave me some info on a pre paid elcheapo card that has about 57 numbers I have to dial before I put in your number - but I can't find where I put it. Such is life. I'll get it all together in one place soon - but I will probably not remember why I got it all together! :rofl:

Holly - ICE!!!! Yuk - only like enough to filter my vodka through.

Ceejay - the CSIRO diet that I am on specifies 1500 - 1600 cals per day. Since I had been only eating 1200, I feel full most of the time on this eating plan. So maybe you are just not eating enough of the good stuff. Mind you eating the good stuff is expensive.

Carla - men at the window!!! Wait until you see the feet, then open the window and bash them in the shins!!! They'll stop and "chat" to you then!

There is no drinking and smoking on this site - and if you do don't tell me about it okay. I'm too far away for the prod at this time, but I may think bad thoughts. I notice nothing got mentioned about having any POT around!!! :eek: :stress:

Okay - gotta move. I call the monkey King Kong since his name is actually Kong Teh!!!!! You can call him an ape if you wish.

carla49
01-15-2007, 09:55 PM
What? No drinking on this site? Does this mean I have to leave? :cry: :no: :faint: :stress:

Shad
01-15-2007, 10:44 PM
Nope - it means you become a closet drinker.

Madcat
01-15-2007, 10:53 PM
Hey Carla - C'mon in this closet. I've got the good stuff in my cooler :lol: Are closet drinks anything like bathtub gin??

And in French that would be "cloz-say"... A fine light red. :wave: oh no. Is that the prod??? :lol: :lol:

Shad
01-16-2007, 12:16 AM
One prod in each hand coming your way. Since when has clozsay been a fine light red. Aaaah I see it all, a Rose with a speech impediment.

carla49
01-16-2007, 12:39 AM
Nice to know there's a well stocked closet waiting for my next visit to T.O. Lots of Château Garderobe, a finely preserved vintage, full-bodied but sassy, impressive legs... Ouch!!! Keep that prod to yourselves! It's getting harder and harder to explain the bruises.

happy2bme
01-16-2007, 01:07 AM
Geez :rolleyes: I suppose she didn't tell you about the chocolate ban too! :smoking: :hat:

Hark :listen: I think I hear her coming and I think she brought reinforcements http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e62/deemarie27/chase.gif

carla49
01-16-2007, 03:18 AM
NOooooooooo!!! :nono: Keep your hands off my Nutella... :tantrum: Just stay well out of my way and no one will get hurt. Next thing, you'll tell me I'm expected to exercise and stop cursing! :eek: :tantrum: :fr:
Time for a snack... :hungry: Maybe a nice drop o' the grape to wash it down... :hat:
Or maybe bed instead. :yawn:

MELODY525
01-16-2007, 09:30 AM
FINE LOT OF FRIENDS I HAVE.....ALL OUT CAROUSING AROUND WITH VINO, CHOCOLATE AND CIGGIES AND NARY A PHONE CALL INVITING ME ALONG!!! :tantrum: GUESS THE CHAIR WOULDN'T HAVE FIT IN THE CLOSET ANYWWAY:rofl: :rofl:
I WON'T ANSWER INDIVIDUALLY AS THE EYS HAVE FINALL REACTED TO THE STRESS. I KNEW IT WAS COMING AND TOOK PRECAUTIONS BUT NO SUCH LUCK. IT COMES FROM "WITHIN" AND I CAOULDN'T CONTROL THAT PART. HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY :sunny:

SHAD~ WAIT TILL THIS MESS HERE IS OVER AND YOU GO HOME AGAIN. NOTHING IS NEW AND THERE WILL BE NO NEWS FOR A FEW WEEKS ANYWAY. DON'T WASTE THE $$ OR THE NUMBERS!!! :rollpin:

happy2bme
01-16-2007, 09:39 AM
Mornin' chicks,

Who'd a thunk you could have so much fun in a closet? :dunno: Sure did enjoy yesterday's romp - we need to do it again some time soon. :lol: Pass me the aspirin and the antacid, will you? :^:

It'sa pretty durn cold here this morning. Below freezing and it's going to stay that way for a few days. Thanks Canadian friends :wave: I guess I'll have to drag out my warmer spring coat. People will be dressed here like it's Siberia. But hey, if "winter" lasts a week, that's ok with me. Actually 2 weeks as we had a freezing week in early December.

Back to work - things are about to get super busy there for the next few months. I am committed to sticking to exercising and eating right. DH is on the wagon too.

Nothing much else this morning. The bed was especially warm and cuddly - maybe a warm shower will get me on the run. Catch you later, I guess as a new day dawns it means we have to behave. :dz:

Take care of those peepers Mel.

ceejay52
01-16-2007, 11:23 AM
Happy--don't you love our Canandian friends blowing all that cold air upon us. Brrrr itis cold today. I even have the plant doors closed and I usually keep them open. At least my neck of the woods doesn't have any ice or snow.

Mel--Rest your eyes dear.

Shad--Pleeeeassse don't use the prod. It's the first of the year you know and some of us are still celebrating. I did go to the gym last night.

Carla- Come out of the closet. It's time to put away the good stuff.

Nothing new here except that is cold. My sister in Dallas had ice and sis in Mo had both. I'm disappointed that all we got was rain and a bunch of it.

Have a good day.

Hollyhock
01-16-2007, 11:24 AM
Enjoying the closet partying. I am in for another night.
I slept from 10pm-8am. Got the kids out the door in 30 min and just took a loooong hot bath. Yowza!! Feeling great!!!
Hubby returned. Too much ice to work. He is being great . I asked for help with housework since he was here( like i have a million other times) and he swept the kitchen floor.
Yesterday he installed new smoke alarms!!

Is it possible he is out of his bleak , blue, 6 month funk???

I have lots of calls and planning and emailing to do. Make a plan first.

Had a chicken enchilada for breaky. Will have fruit for snack and then salad with some form of protien for a later lunch. Drinking lots of water.

carla49
01-16-2007, 02:07 PM
Mel, don't play the innocent with us! I know it was pretty dark in that closet, but someone who stayed seated the whole time kept blowing smoke in my face and asking for "jusht a little shploosh to top me up". And this morning I noticed the tire marks on the toes of my shoes.... Circumstantial evidence, I know, but if it looks like a duck... So own up to your part in the debauchery, and we'll all put it behind us and move on to a regimen of lemon water, veg and legumes. ;) Sorry about the eyes going on the blink again (pun intended). Now if only some scientist discovered that the best cure for your problem was to eat a mountain of fine chocolate truffles, we could keep the post office busy supplying you with a cure.

I've been eating a ton of pommelos this year. They were always there in the market, looking big and mysterious and expensive. Then a new warehouse store catering to recent immigrants opened, and they got a lot cheaper, so I decided to give them a try. Yumm! Like grapefruit, only not bitter and easy to get the skin off the sections. Research tells me they're also known as Shaddock - any relation, Shad? I also discovered a new type of navel orange called Cara cara, also yummy, probably a cross with tangerine or something, with pretty pinkish flesh. Why am I talking about fruit, you ask? Just preparing for a nice cleanse to unload those awful extra pounds. And keeping my mind off the goodies. Next chapter: veggies I have known and loved...

:wave:

happy2bme
01-16-2007, 07:32 PM
Mel, don't play the innocent with us! I know it was pretty dark in that closet, but someone who stayed seated the whole time kept blowing smoke in my face and asking for "jusht a little shploosh to top me up". And this morning I noticed the tire marks on the toes of my shoes.... Circumstantial evidence, I know, but if it looks like a duck...

OMG Carla! I laughed so hard I scared the cat! She shrieked, arched her back and ran tippy toe sideways out of the room :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

I won't be able to look at the wet bar without getting a fit of the giggles.

Ok, I'm off to treadmill and I might even start on one of them PUSH DVDs

I've had the Cara Cara oranges too :T :T :T Yummo

Just noticed your ticker Carla and I see you are in one-der-land. Congrats!!! Is this recent? :woohoo:

happy2bme
01-16-2007, 09:31 PM
If I may brag for a minute - I have reached a milestone today.

1000 days, 23 hours, 24 minutes and 14 seconds smoke free.

30,029 cigarettes not smoked. (Mindboggling)

$6,906.90 and 7 months, 19 days, 9 hours of your life saved.
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

It HASN'T been easy but I'm glad I did it. So you can trust me that there won't be any smoking in the closet on my part. Tho I might hold an unlit one ;)

35 minutes on the treadmill done. 3 bottles of water done. Popping some stuffed sole into the oven to be served in 30 minutes with a nice garden salad and steamed brocolli. Milk to wash it down and some nice fresh blueberries and strawberries over vanilla yoghurt for dessert. :T

That's a fair amount of Superfoods in my tummy. :D

Shad
01-16-2007, 10:43 PM
Shaddock - well no, no relationship that I know of, although the bitter part rings a bell!!!!
You lot are trying to wind me up!!!! But I'm not playing that game. I'm out of the closet been out for years.

Happy that is some record for non-smoking. I should have put in my stats when I gave up, but they probably didn't have stats back then. Dinner sounds nice. I will be having fish tonight as well, provided I get out of here early enough to go pick some up from the fish shop. Refuse to buy it from the supermarkets. Yukky pooh. Good going on the treadie as well. I'm hanging in there with exercise as well. Mind you being on Red's thread it is a given otherwise you get a blast from Tokyo Rose!!

It's raining here this morning - lovely stuff. Gentle drizzle and easy to live with.

I'm about to throw a wobbly here, spitting the dummy as the Australians call it. We've been doing updates on training material and they have now changed a whole stack of things on me - AFTER I have updated the documentation. I am less than impressed. They even knew I was doing the doco and never thought to let me know what else is going to change. Grumble, grumble, grumble.

In the meantime - things are working more or less okay at Fawlty Towers or should that be Flowery Twat and the maintenance manager is back to talking to me again. Won't last but what the heck.

Better go. Earn a living again. Been in a meeting all morning and now have to try and catch up with what the roosters are doing.

Holly - good to hear you up and buzzing again. Get out of the closet. No closet dwellers pluuuh leeeze.

Mel, I am going home on 25th. Will sort out a time and date and let you know.

happy2bme
01-17-2007, 09:35 AM
Hi all,

Another cold day today. Brrr. I was actually thinking yesterday that I should have taken my gloves with me when I went out. Then I realized I'd have to remember WHERE my gloves were. Oh well, the car will eventually heat up :lol:

It's quite remarkable how the more things change, the more they stay the same Shad. Such similarities in them not clueing you in with what's going on. I will be taking my first training the end of the month, I am rather curious about it. Will be thinking, how would Shad be handling this? :chin: Did you get out in enough time to get your fish yesterday? Mine was quite good. DH was out playing pool so I was able to sing my heart out while I was on the treadmill. (He says I am distracting, can you imagine that? :lol: ) So happy to hear that you are FINALLY getting some of the wet stuff. And a nice, gentle soaker at that. Aside from the documentation incident, it sounds as if things are falling into a nice routine for you.

Carla, thanks for explaining pommellos. I have seen them in the store but I am afraid to buy anything that doesn't have an explanation on it. Never sure whether it's fruit or veggie, cook it or eat it raw. The grocery store I shopped at up north would always have samples. They would have a tray of whatever, an explanation of what it was and several suggested recipes to prepare it. I do owe that service to me trying several new things I might not have otherwise. A friend and I when talking about our "dream jobs" - ie. what we'd do when we got canned from our current employer - fantasized about being the lady in the store with the electric fry pan who would make samples of food and pass them out to customers. We wondered if you'd get fired if whatever you made was really good and you snitched most of it for yourself :o on the other hand, what if it was really yukky - :tired: Could you pass it out with a smile or would you be like me, pass it out and then laugh your head off when they made a horrid face after tasting it? I suppose I would not be keeping that job for long. Best to aspire to wearing the bright orange vest with the HOW MAY I HELP YOU on the back and learning to maneuver 27 wayward shopping baskets in the parking lot. :lol:

So what's on the veggie list Carla? I like sugar snap peas. Just cooked for a minute to keep their crunch. You can even nibble on them raw.

Holly, that's nice that DH is helping out. Long may it last - but don't get your hopes up. :)

Ceejay - sounds like you're hoping for a good belt of snow. Not out of the question - I think we got one of our 2 storms in February last year. I certainly would not want the ice that was plaguing Texas the last few days. Heard on the news that one city got 4 inches of ice. Good heavens, that had to be so nasty. Trees breaking all over and major power outages I imagine.

Mel, hope you are having a restful day. We have to get you some nice soothing music and a good set of headphones so you can sit back and just float away on the sea of calmness. :cloud9:

Ok, time for me to get on with the day. Have a good one all.

MELODY525
01-17-2007, 10:22 AM
:rofl: :rofl: BETWEEN CARLA'S DUCK AND SHAD'S FLOWERY TWAT COMING OUT OF THE CLOSET.....I AM IN TEARS AND FITS OF LAUGHTER OVER HERE. I CANNOT THINK FOR THE LAUGHING. I HAVE TO ASK SHAD IS TWAT THE SAME BY YOU AS IT IS BY US CAUSE IT'S THE SAME AS THE "AUNT FANNIE" JOKE I HAD WITH LINUS! :lol3: :lol3:
OMG I CANNOT STOP LAUGHING. MY BREAKFAST IS GETTING ALL SHAKEN UP AND WILL NOW BECOME A QUICHE MILK SHAKE!! :rofl:
I AM TRYING A NEW DROP WITH THE EYES. IT'S AN ALLERGY DROP AND ALSO TAKING THE ALLEGRA. WATCHING THE SPICES TOO. FINGERS CROSSED.
FREEZING MY BUTT OFF AND LOTS OF RADIATORS ARE ON HIGH!!TEMPS IN THE 20'S BUT JUST REALLY FOR TODAY. IT'S SUPPOSED TO WARM UP TO THE 30'S TOMORROW :rofl: COULD WINTER REALLY HAVE FINALLY ARRIVED???????
HAPPY HUMP DAY!!!! :moped:

CARLA~ QUACK! QUACK! SORRY ABOUT THE TOES :scooter:

HAPPY~ STAY WARM MY SOUTHERN FRIEND! SING YOUR LITTLE HEART OUT!! CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NUMBERS!!! I WONDER WHAT MINE WOULD HAVE BEEN ON THE CIGGIES....I WAS A 3 PACK A DAY GAL:faint:

CEEJAY~ KEEP WARM TOO! I THINK I SAW LOWER TEMPS FOR YOUR AREA ALSO.

HOLLY~ GLAD THE 6 MONTH FUNK IS OVER! ENJOY THE CALM. LONG MAY IT LAST!

SHAD~ :rofl: :rofl: OK BY ME FOR YOUR NEXT TRIP. SO MUCH MORE PRACTICAL. HOPE YOU GET BETTER NOTICE WITH CHANGES AT THE JOB. :hug:

:WAVE: TO MADCAT...TEEL....OUR MISS NAE...PW....LINUS....TIG.....THE TURTLE....RAVENTOY......AND ANYONE ELSE I FORGOT! AND SHAD....GET THE PROD OUT FOR SUZI AS SHE IS AWOL!!!!!!

MELODY525
01-17-2007, 10:32 AM
http://www.frontiernet.net/~jimdandy/specials/friend/friend.html

THE THOUGHT FOR THE DAY! FRIENDSHIP! FOREVER MAY WE BE TOGETHER.:love:

PS~ DON'T FORGET TO TURN THE SOUND ON!

happy2bme
01-17-2007, 11:12 AM
Re: the ciggies

If you give me your numbers (full date quit - month, day, year), how much you smoked each day and if you remember what a pack costs, I can probably calculate your numbers. It is quite amazing and I have to admit it was one of the "tools" that helped me keep my quit.

ceejay52
01-17-2007, 03:19 PM
It's a little wamer today--maybe it's because of the sunshine.

Mel-- Your laughter is contagious.

Happy-Congrats on being smoke free. I would like to see some white stuff but really don't want anything like Texas has gotten. I feel for those stranded in DFW. The year mom passed away, I flew to Abilene and was stranded in DFW over night.

Shad--Doesn't it make sense that once you get a docoment ready that it will need changes.

Went to the gym again last night. Walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes and 30 minutes of weights. I'm beginning to get a little sore. Keeping track of my food intake and fluid intake. I'm giving myself more calories to keep my body fueled.

Hi carla, Meadow, Madcat and thre est of the friends.

Need to get busy again because it makes he day go by a lo tfaster.

Shad
01-18-2007, 12:14 AM
Hiya all,
Another busy day - when don't they get to be busy???

Happy I stopped smoking on Aug 28 1989 and at that time they were around $2 a pack of 20. I think I smoked at least a pack (20) a day sometimes more. But it would be worth knowing how much I have saved. They certainly aren't $2 per pack now. More like 7 or 8 or 10 per pack.
I have a friend here who has given up smoking (2 days back) I was showing him your figures. He would love to know what the program is that you are using to calculate those sort of figures. Can you e-mail a link or is this something you have programmed into your computer?
Yep I got the fish. I also got an eye appointment for Thursday week - don't shudder but that is February! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Yep, this is not a bad job. I'm quite enjoying life at the moment.

Carla, I looked up Cara Cara oranges and decided that they were what we call blood oranges here when I spotted a recipe that stated ingredients as Cara Cara oranges, California blood oranges and cranberries. Anyway whether they are the same or not, blood oranges are bloody good!!!!!!

It is grown in many eastern countries including China, Japan, India, Fiji, Malaysia, and Thailand. It is also now grown in the Caribbean and in the United States, in California and Florida. In season November through March, Pummelos are especially popular for Chinese New Year. The Chinese believe the delectable Pummelo is a sign of prosperity and good fortune - good things will happen if they eat it.

One-fourth of a Pummelo (152 grams) has 60 calories and provides 130% of the Vitamin C recommended for the day. It is sodium, fat and cholesterol free and is a source of potassium.
I didn't know all that!!!!!! :eek:

Mel - Twat is I think in England the word that describes the absolute rubbish that dribbles from the mouths of idiots and others. Flowery twat may well mean multiple quantities of the same.
I hope these things fix the eyes. Enough is enough. I will ring you from home next weekend (not the one just coming) the next the one. Somewhere between 26th and 28th.

Ceejay - I expect changes to my doco. There is always tweaking to be done. What I don't expect if for them to change the entire transaction. Aaaah well, patience is a virtue.

Gotta go. My next glass of water is due, and I have to make room for it. Sorry if that is too much info. :lol3:

carla49
01-18-2007, 12:56 AM
Drive-by here - just got in from a nice dinner party, must get some sleep as it's back to work tomorrow for a few days. (Still trying to work out how little I can work and still not have any money worries. Buying the car used up my whole 'cushion', so I may have to work a lot more than I'd like.)
Anyway, Shad, Caracara oranges are not blood oranges. The flesh is more the colour of a pink grapefruit, and the taste much sweeter than a blood orange. I think it's a cross between a navel and a tangerine or something. As for the pomelos/pummelos/shaddocks, they really do seem to be a calorie and nutrient bargain, and they're a little labour intensive to peel and section, which no doubt burns even more calories. Some people go to the gym, I peel pomelos... :rofl: I have a feeling they'd be on the banned list for people who can't have grapefruit with their meds, just thought I'd mention that to avoid lawsuits.
Every so often a small cyst I have on the back of my neck starts acting up, and right now I've got a lovely boil brewing there. Yikes. They do go away eventually, but are quite sore and nasty in the meantime, and of course leave quite an impressive scar. Maybe the pomelo luck will intervene and it'll just disappear with no bursting or scarring this time.
Mel, I've brushed the tire tracks off the blue suedes, shampooed the ciggie smoke out of my hair, and even volunteered to drive tonight as a good way not to be tempted by the wine at dinner... (excuse me while I go shine up my halo...) I like your new cat avatar too. Hope you're staying serene and calm and stress-free. :hug: By the way, I think I'm with you on the meaning of 'twat' - crude Britishism for female naughty bit. The flowery twats thing was just an anagram for Fawlty Towers, for some reason the only one that I remember. Just goes to show where my mind is.
It seems to me Madcat is being awfully quiet - is it possible she got locked in the closet all by herself, and is still working on the dregs in all those gin bottles?
It's finally cold here, but probably not for long. (If the weather stayed cold, our Winterlude Fest would be a success, and we can't have that. We need at least 10 ultra-cold days to freeze the canal for skating. Ain't gonna happen...)
Happy, Ceejay, Meadow, and anyone I've forgotten: :wave: Time to go put a poultice on my furuncle. (Maybe my close uncle too, while I'm at it.) Oops, starting to babble. This is what happens when I'm sober. :shrug:

happy2bme
01-18-2007, 01:11 AM
Here's your numbers Shad.

Isn't that something? I used a base of $4 per pack which is still less than the average cost of a pack between '89 and now.

6351 days, 12 hours, 9 minutes and 5 seconds smoke free.

127,030 cigarettes not smoked.
$25,408.00 saved
32 months, 10 days, 8 hours of your life saved.

Your quit date: 8/28/1989 at midnight

Will be glad to send you the link to pass on to your friend. Emailing you now.

MELODY525
01-18-2007, 09:25 AM
I WILL HAVE TO COME BACK AND READ. CAN YOU SAY VERTIGO? I FEEL LIKE I AM ON THE TITANIC ASND SHE IS GOING DOWN FOR THE 2ND TIME. WILL RETURN:dizzy:

happy2bme
01-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Morning Ladies,

Mel :hug: what brought the vertigo on? Hope it clears up soon.

Carla - when you figure out that work / free time / money ratio, please clue us in. I could use that too.

Good to hear that even if they keep changing things on you, that all in all this assignment is not too bad Shad. You've had some doozies lately.

Sounds like you got a good workout in there Ceejay - keep up the good work!

I'm with Mel - it's too cold. Ready to shove it back up north again. Not only am I cold but it seems my skin feels more dry too even tho I am guzzling water and using moisturizer. But no warm spell coming for the next week at least.

I have a dentist appointment at lunch. First time I've gone since we moved :o I don't like the dentist. DH has tried out 2 here and not found one he likes. This guy will be number 3 in the infernal quest. I have a loose filling otherwise I hate to say I'd put it off longer. Catch you later chicks...

suzi in auz
01-18-2007, 06:11 PM
HIya everyone!
Oh you all sound happy and cheery.
Wow look at those numbers with the smoking! That is amazing. What an inspiration to help you stop. Just think if you did those numbers now they would almost double! That is a scary thought and that is just 1 pack a day ( alot I know) but I do know some who smoke more!
Ceejay ...well done on the gym work. It is so good to start something new like that. Being a little sore means results!
Happy ...how de do. hope that dental appointment goes well. I don't like them either and my DH works for a dental supplier! I won't be keeping them in business!
Shad I have to say I have never tried a blood orange. They look gorgeous. I am becoming quite adventurous now with new things here in Oz ...yum, now i want one.
Carla.
I know the feeling about that cushion. It is a scary thought when you have used it. But at least you are not repaying it in a loan!
Mel ...Vertigo...YuK! I hate that. I have had that on occasion. Is it because of the eyes? I know that DS13 gets it with his ears.
OK
I am flying by as I have to get to Bondi to be with DH. He has a conference for 2 weeks and a lovely room. I am helping over the weekend with organisation. It should be fun. It's quite a buzzy happening place full of young people.
Ok time to go.
have lovely weekends and I will check in with you all later x

Hollyhock
01-18-2007, 08:25 PM
Got home from "work" at 3:20. Need to get used to saying that. it was good.They listen country music tho. YIKES! That will take some getting used to. Did a few cuts.One guy gave me a $10 tip. I forgot about tips! Cool.She is paying me $8.00/hour plus 25% commision on all my cuts etc. If I am steady it's about $15/hour plus tips.
I will be working Wed- 9:30-3; Thurs-12-7; Fri- 9:30 -3 and the odd Saturday.Every other Thurs I will have yoga at 9am, and the opposite Thursdays I will have my networking meetings at 8:30am. kids will go to the sitter( as requested) after schoolon the Thursdays.Hubby will have to pick them up and dish up supper:shock:
I will need to prep food the night before to put in the crock pot in the mornings. Microwave and fridge there so I can take left overs for my lunches.
Thinking, thinking......... curled up on the futon with the kitties for a bit instead of thinking.
Supper has been had. Dishes domne, dishwasher running. DS is at a friends. it is sooooo quiet.
I am pms-y and cant wait to curl up and watch tv tonight. My fav tv night.
HUGS!!!

ceejay52
01-18-2007, 08:33 PM
Hi holly--:wave: This sounds like it will be something for you to look forward to.

Took the Rav4 to the dealership in Blytheville today. It was recalled for a malfunctioning engine light. They reprogrammed it and changed the oil.

My boss called me this morning. I just thought about something and will call him back tomorrow.

The weather forecast is for a wintery mix starting on Saturday so I'm not making plans to go to Paragould this week end.

Hello to every one else. :wave:

Shad
01-18-2007, 11:42 PM
I started this post much earlier this morning and then stupidly used the enter key to do something which did not do what I thought it would do. My post is floating somewhere east of Mars.

Don't have the time to do it all again. Good to see Suz back.
The weather is closing in on the States. Happy I am going to see the Travel Agent when I get home so I'll be publishing dates after that weekend.

Better go sort out these chickie roosters - they seem to be losing interest.

happy2bme
01-19-2007, 09:27 AM
Good morning ladies,

Quick post for me as I need to be off and running to an all day meeting which starts early to boot. They are serving us lunch which I'm sure they think is nice but we all know it's because they intend to hold us captive ALL day long :lol:

Not much to say today. It's still quite cold, they talked of a hint of snow on the weekend but I think they are just saying that to get everyone all riled up. :hyper:

I think it's going to be a good weekend to catch up on things and continue to shift and sort and pitch.

I think I'd best go poke my nose in the closet and figure out something to wear that will accomodate and overly cool or overly warm room - not sure which at this point - might even be both! Happy Friday to everyone...

MELODY525
01-19-2007, 09:27 AM
I STILL NEED TO READ 2 DAYS OF POSTS:faint: :rofl:
VERTIGO IS MUCH BETTER. EYES ARE COMING ALONG ALSO. I HAVE BEEN DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. HAD ANOTHER MEETING WITH THE DIRECTOR DIZZY AS I WAS. BUT IT HAD TO BE DONE. SIGNED MY LIFE AWAY AND CRASHED INTO BED. WILL BE BACK OVER THE WEEKEND. :hug: <---HUGS TO ALL.

Roseblush
01-19-2007, 09:57 AM
Morning everyone, hope this finds all well and trying to stay warm and healthy. I have been fighting a cold but I am really convinced that Mucinex is a help in detering the horrible effects of my cold...only had one bad day....
Miss Mel, so sorry your eyes are flaring up again I do hope it calms down for you keep us posted on your health and the situation for you....blessings.
Our winter is so much better than the rest of the country here in the land where we can take some more of it...odd year. It is already starting to warm up a bit. Hope next weekend is warmer....going camping if you can imagine. Isn't that why they make warm sleeping bags for crazy girls!!!!!!
Still hanging in there with my guy....we had a little counselling session with our female vicar the other day that helped me quite a bit don't know yet exactly what he thought about it. No one but yourself can make happiness grow inside that heart space.... my lesson in that was learned long ago...... any hoooooo will see how we progress from here..... I need to be in my own home more and am claiming that for myself and pups...... I may just be too much of a hermit for a long term relationship again.
Well, everyone it is always good to see each of you and hear about the wonderful and sometimes not so wonderful events in each of your lives.......
Peace we need it everywhere,
Nae

ceejay52
01-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Nae--Camping bags frighten me.my nephew was severely burn in one of those thing. Be extremely careful.

Mel--Keep resting your eyes and don't walk around to much. Vertigo is not good.

Happy--I'm using that "snow" word as an excuse as to not go to Paragould this week end.

Shad--I know what you mean about posting and then it going into cyber space.

My list of things to do today is not getting done. So I'll wave by. :wave:
And hello and the same to to the others

MELODY525
01-20-2007, 09:28 AM
HAPPY~ SENDING HUGS CAUSE I THINK YOU NEED SOME :hug: WE REALLY NEED TO BECOME RICH AND FAMOUS SO WE CAN QUIT THESE JOBS!!! :dance:

NAE~ I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL WOMAN!! I COULDN'T EVEN LIVE WITH MY DAUGHTER AGAIN IF I HAD TOO! :rofl: I AM SENDING YOU LOTS OF GOOD VIBES. IT'S VERY HARD TO LEARN "TRUST" ALL OVER AGAIN. LOVE CANNOT GROW UNLESS IT IS FIRMLY PLANTED IN A BED OF TRUST. JEN HAS THESE ISSUES ALSO. SIGH. :hug:

CEEJAY~ I HAVE CRASHED INTO A FEW WALL CORNERS WITH THE CHAIR BUT NO ONE WAS HURT. :rofl: :rofl:
NOT EVEN THE WALL.....THEY ALL HAVE STTEL CORNERS ON THEM NOW:rofl: GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR TO DO LIST!

THE VERTIGO IS ALMOST GONE BUT ANOTHER STORM IS ON IT'S WAY. I THINK WHAT HAPPENED IS THAT WITH ALL THE "INSANITY" GOING ON THESE PAST 2 WEEKS I FORGOT TO TAKE MY OWN MUCINEX MORNING AND NIGHT. IN FACT WHEN THE NURSE ASKED ME ATHE QUESTION, I COULDN'T REMEMBER THE LAST TIME I HAD TAKEN IT :faint: :dizzy: SOMEDAY I WILL HAVE ALL MY DUCKS LINED UP IN A ROW AND THEY WILL STAY THERE!!!! :tantrum: THE LOVELY DUSTIONG OF SNOW IS STILL THERE TO LOOK AT. FUNNY HOW IT BRIGHTENS THE SCENERY AND MY HEART. CLEANING THE BEDROOM SI MY CHORE FOR THE WEEKEND.....IF I CAN.
SOME WELL MEANING PERSON GAVE ME A SHOPPING CART FULL OF MOLDY ARTS & CRAFTS SUPPLIES. FOR JEN AND MYSELF. NOT TO HURT THEIR FEELINGS, I WHEELED IT TO THE MAINT. ROOM WHERE THE GUYS WILL GET RID OF IT SECRETLY. THE SUPPLIES HAD BEEN IN SOMEONE'S DAMP BASEMENT. JUST WHAT I NEEDED FOR EYES AND SINUSES!! :lol3: :lol3: I AM OFF TO EAT BREAKFAST.
HAPPY SATURDAY/SUNDAY!!!! :sunny:

happy2bme
01-20-2007, 12:42 PM
Hey everyone,

Happy Saturday to you!

Thanks for the hugs Mel - how did you know I was in need of some? Right back at you :grouphug: :lol: I am still pulling for you that everything turns out well. Had to laugh at the supplies bag - sounds like something my mom would do - BUT IT'S STILL GOOD! What did you have for breakfast? I had oatmeal with some sliced strawberries, a few blue berries and some chopped walnuts. Yum! :T

I love camping - it's been quite a long time since we went last. But I can imagine it's REALLY cold by you Rose (at least in my terms). Do you tent camp? Have fun.

Ceejay - how is your nephew doing?

No snow for us here this weekend - I think they say that at least once a "winter" just to get everyone all riled up :lol: But it will be a chilly day and I intend to stay inside and attend to the house today. Meal planning and shopping tomorrow. Nothing exciting at the moment but sometimes life is like that. I added a bunch more music to the IPOD yesterday so I have some fresh music to treadmill too and more songs to "sing" to DH :rofl:

Service here is less than stellar. Most of the time we are not happy with the results - people show up when they feel like it - sometimes not at all and if they do show up, it's rare that you are actually happy with what they do. As an example, it took 3 trips out to repair my washing machine - the first 2 times they kept sending guys who did not know how to repair my brand of machine. Anyway, we were having trouble with our garage door. Repairman came out today and determined that a roller was popping out of the track. He was hammering the track and bang hit the side of the garage and - busted the molding. I asked DH what he said/did. DH said he didn't do anything, just pretended he didn't do it and kept hammering. Just like the guy last spring who came to spray the trees and stepped on one of the rose bushes and cracked the thing in half and just kept walking - wait, I think he dragged his heavy hose over it too just for good measure! I think that is one of the number one complaints from people who move here - that the service is so poor. And 98% of the people are like that. For the 2 percent who aren't, word gets around and people snap them up so quickly that they can never take on any new clients. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Guess I've spent enough time here at the computer. I am resolving to set limits here. I spend way too much time sitting - got to spend more time moving and my washer just finished the first load. Have a good weekend everyone. Hellos to the rest of the chicks :wave:

ceejay52
01-20-2007, 01:35 PM
Happy--My nephew has recovered and is back to work. He was lucky to have been working for his future father in law. He lost a semester in college hours though. His mom told me that he is going to have some deep scaring.

I used the prediction to stay home from Paragould. I can relax and do what I want and need to do which has been nothing. Sometimes I need to be by myself.

I'm making a pledge this week of 350 minutes for exericse and to cut out junk food. I weighed on the scales yesterday at the gym and I did have on some heavy clothes. Ugh ten pounds more than my scale at home in my birthday suit. Today will be my official weigh in at the gym in lighter clothing and will wear the same thing next week.

Shad
01-20-2007, 06:24 PM
Morning all,

Quick flyby as I am back at work and yes it is Sunday - it's the six day week on the roster which gives us a 3 day weekend next weekend.
Down another kilo this week. Something is happening here!!!! I had this huge meal last night and still lost this morning. I can also cheat a little I find and get away with it. Helps when an attack of the munchies comes along.
Having said that, I will probably go the other way now But it's now 2.2kg since I started with this eating plan. I only eat 3 square meals a day and that's alright by me, I was never one for snacking much or rather I was never sold on the idea of 6 meals a day.

Mel - look after those eyes.
Happy - good treadmilling and much singing. A little louder please I can't hear the words from here!!! Can't get the tune either for that matter.
Rose - I hear you on the space and the counselling. I too would find it very hard to share a house with someone now. That's really a very sad thing to say for us.
Ceejay - stay out of the snows and keep warm. Give those doggies a hug from me. I still miss my old bloke.

Gotta go, King Kong is on the rounds again. He is out of control about slashing the budget and getting rid of some of the trainers. The Change Management team are tearing their hair out.

MELODY525
01-21-2007, 09:46 AM
HAPPY~ IS IT A BIT LIKE SINGING IN THE SHOWER? SINGING IN THE RAIN? :rain: GO FOR IT GIRL!!!
YOUR POST ABOUT SERVICE SOUNDED LIKE OUR MAINTENANCE MEN. WE SEND ONE MAN AND AFTER HE SCREWS IT UP WE SEND THE OTHER MAN!!! WTF!! :faint:
I HAVE OATMEAL AND FRUIT ALMOST EVERY MORNING. USUALLY WITH 1-2 HARDBOILED EGGWHITES. MT AND MY DR BOTH SAID...NO CARBS WITHOUT A PROTEIN!!

CEEJAY~ I WAS GLAD TO READ THE NEPHEW IS BACK TO WORK. HE'S A LUCKY MAN. SCARY STUFF. I LIKE ALONE TOO! WE NEED TO RECHARGE OUR BATTERIES. :dance:
GOOD LUCK WITH THE WEIGH-IN :CHEERS:

SHAD~ CONGRATULATIONS WITH THE WEIGHT LOSS!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING??? CAN WE COPY IT??? :lol3:
HARD TO BELIEVE A MONTH HAS ALMOST GONE BY. TIME FLIES HUH?? HOPE IT FLEW FOR YOU ALSO!
THE EYES ARE RESTING!!!! HOPE THE WEEK GOES WELL AND QUICKLY FOR YOU.

AS FOR ME.....I DID SOME WORK IN THE BEDROOM CLOSET AND TOSSED OUT MORE STUFF. SOME IS GOING DOWN TO THE ART & CRAFTS CLOSET. I REALLY NEED SOMEONE WHO CAN STAND UP :TANTRUM: SO I THINK I WILL WAIT FOR JEN OR ASK A MAINT MAN TO GET EVERYTHING DOWN SO I CAN SORT AND HAVE HIM PUT IT ALL BACK. IT'S NO GOOD DOING IT ONE BOX AT A TIME. SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN.
THE VERTIGO IS GONE NOW. THANK GOD. GEEZ I HATE THAT FEELING. WINTER IS FINALLY HERE 19 DEGREES.
I AM READY FOR HIBERNATION. JEN CAME DOWN TO TELL ME THE SAME THING YESTERDAY. WE REALLY ARE A LOT ALIKE. GUESS THAT'S WHY WE LIVED TOGETHER FOR SO MANY YEARS WITHOUT KILLING EACH OTHER :rofl:

HAPPY SUNDAY/MONDAY :moped:
PS...TOMORROW IS THE MALL!! GOING TO USE SOME OF THE GIFT CARDS FINALLY! :cb:

happy2bme
01-21-2007, 03:51 PM
Hi everybody :coffee2:

Sunday already. Where did Saturday go? Cripes, where did January go? Almost time to think about some F place (now now Mel :nono: :rofl: ) - I mean a country or city that starts with F when we can park our gear for February. :lol:

We went to the mall yesterday. DH got some new glasses (next week it's my turn). I went power shopping while he was waiting. Got a couple of pairs of jeans and 2 pairs of pants. Wish I could say they were in a smaller size but I keep bouncing around gaining and losing the same 4 pounds. I was really upset 2 weeks ago - was the best I ever was with regular exercise and drinking water and gave Cokes/soda up for a week and I GAINED 3 pounds. What's up with that? Finally lost that weight according to the scale this morning. Boy, how frustrating.

Today's agenda is laundry, a bit of grocery shopping - just to get some perishables and I have my Target 10 percent off coupon that expires tomorrow so I may stock up on some paper goods and personal care items. It's cold and rainy out. The damp chill that goes right through your bones. At least it washed the bird poop off the car. We have a large tree in the driveway (actually it's my neighbors tree) that covers the entire area where we park. I have never seen this in Chicago but down here they have "bird gangs" hundreds of birds flocked in the tree, picking through the lawn, etc. It is spring now, the birds are all looking for mates - I can tell a difference in their calls to one another. They are singing their hello honey, are you the one for me songs :lol: Sorry if this next sentence is TMI but for some reason when they are in mating and egg laying season they are REALLY poopy birds. We always forget that come spring, you can't park under the tree unless you enjoy them using it for target practice. Ick. The nice thing is that the feeders are busy again with all sorts of birds coming and going.

Shad, :congrat: on the continued weight loss. Hey, whatever works. Maybe King Kong is scaring the pounds away :lol: They say one of the best ways to lose weight is to stop eating at least 2 hours before bedtime. With 3 meals a day - that's a guarantee to avoid that danger. Provided of course you are not taking supper at 9pm. :lol:

Brrr Mel. 19 degrees. That's pretty cold. Brrrrrr. Makes my 40 degress seem balmy. Have fun shopping tomorrow. Hope you find some nice things for yourself.

Ceejay - weighing in at the gym in sweats in the middle of the day will surely bump that scale up. I swore they always set those scales a tad higher just to psych us out and make us work harder.

I picked up a balance ball book yesterday, want to incorporate that into my exercise routine. I have a video but some of the exercises are a bit beyond my ability at the moment. I want to learn how to use it without falling over and breaking a few things.

Guess I should head off to the store now. Happy Sunday to the chicks.

Shad
01-21-2007, 10:38 PM
Morning all,
Seems we are down to just a couple here regularly now. I miss some of the others, not that I don't like you lot alot. :lol3: Still life happens.

Service is fairly shirty all over the world. Doesn't really matter who you are. There are not enough tradesmen to go round and over here they are being paid heaps to work in mines and resources so who can blame them for going to those places. Domestic maintenance is not giving them the same lifestyle and yet they are expected to have the same sort of qualifications - go figger.
We are definitely paying the price here for not keeping up with the apprentice market and indeed downgrading it.

Getting ready for the F place. I can think of 2 countries - no doubt there are more - and one of those was where we were last at!!! I can't wait to see where you chose. Frankfurt?? We all become Frankfurters!! :eek:

happy - did you ever think that the gain was to do with being good and exercising and the newly revived muscle kicked in on the scale??? Are you keeping tabs on measurements as well. That's what kept me going when I first got into hard exercise and give up everything nice bit.

I'm not sure if birds get any poopier when they are mating and nesting - just that they are all congregated in the same spot - ergo more poop.

I like my balance ball, now I need to get hold of a dvd with a full program on it. I have the one that came with the ball, but it only shows you the odd move or two (and extols the virtues of the ball and it's user)

Geez it is cold up your way Mel. Stay home, stay warm. Will you vote for Hilary Clinton or is the saga of Bill to still to close?? Heard about her running on the news this morning. I doubt that a woman could do any more harm than a man, so maybe time to give one a go!!! We have a female head of state in NZ. and if you get one, then we will be much closer to having one here in Aus. Go girls.

I guess it is the case at Mel's place that you don't stand still otherwise you might get chucked out. Bit like being in the navy - if it moves salute it, if it doesn't paint it.

Okay, better go before the Kong gets back from his perambulation for the day. He is getting a bit more human, but still has a cash register in place of the normal ticker.

ceejay52
01-21-2007, 11:04 PM
4 days of me time and I'm still not super charged. I'm more exhausted than I thought. Mentally I'm good to go, it's the physical part that is getting me down. I didn't exercise at all today which will put me behind in my planned minutes. I've only done part of the laundry.

Shad--Congratulations on those pounds lost. 2.2 kg is good, I'd take it. I'm like you 3 square meals should be enough for any one. Having 6 meals a day has been giving me the munchies. I'm about to break my habit of a 10 a.m. snack since I've moved my lunch time up to 11 or 11.30 a.m. Hmm light bulb moment, maybe I should move dinner up to 4 p.m!!!!! I'll try that tomorrow and have a Slim Fast shake after my work out. One of my faults is eating a heavy dinner after 7 p.m.

Monday night is gym and since I didn't make it to the gym Saturday I'm going to weigh on Monday's instead. Maybe I should start my planned exercise minutes from then also. I'm still a little sore from Friday's extreme work out. I added extra weight and did more reps. Before I was using up to 50 pounds on some machines and up to 100 pounds on some machines before I quit going last year.

Mel--Don't over do on those boxes.

ceejay52
01-21-2007, 11:07 PM
Shad--I was thinking about Frankfurt also. Always wanted to go to Germany

carla49
01-21-2007, 11:56 PM
Florence? Florida? Fort MacMurray? (Canadian joke there) Friesland? Formosa? Famagusta? Frisco? France? Fiji? F***ing anywhere warm and relaxing? Fresno? Fargo? Fifth Avenue? I could go on forever, and probably will if you don't make me stop. Slight preference for Frisco or Fort MacMurray... or maybe Ph(F)illy?...

Sorry about this. No time to post, but couldn't resist being a pain in the a**. Must watch Gillian McKeith deal with Fat Fiona (seriously - I didn't make it up to fit the theme)...

Another fruit: today I found Meyer lemons at the grocery. They are so sweet and good, and I've only ever seen them in San Fran where my friend has a tree full... I actually smuggled a dozen of them back home after last visit. But if you can get them, they're extra-sweet and oh-so-good. (Ontarians: I bought them at Loblaws, don't know if all stores have them.) I may never get to the veg, too much good fruit on offer.

Take care all. :wave:

happy2bme
01-22-2007, 12:03 AM
Getting ready for the F place. I can think of 2 countries - no doubt there are more - and one of those was where we were last at!!!

The last country we were in was Lapland :?: Did you make a typo and we were really in Fapland?
:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

I think you just want Germany because they developed the SAP software. ;)

I kinda like the idea of being a Frankfurter. Better than being a weenie! Reminds me, I once knew a person named Clockner. I told him that means his dad's dad was "Grandfather Clockner".

carla49
01-22-2007, 01:00 AM
Nooooo! Not Deutschland, at least not now. Can't we go somewhere where the trains don't run on time? Warm tropical breezes, la dolce farniente... If we must have a developed country, maybe Florence where we can pig out on pasta and vino?

Shad
01-22-2007, 03:20 AM
Pig out???? :yikes: She's talkin' food porn here!!!!! :faint: Muuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmm! She's talking dirty!
Glad you dropped by Carla. Is there another month starting with F?? No thought not. Don't go to Fiji - coups on there at the moment. Military is creating a stronghold, it's been axed from the Commonwealth, due for a cyclone shortly (Cyclone Fanny??) :rofl:

Isn't Lapland part of Finland?? My geography sucks.

Happy - that joke is the end!

happy2bme
01-22-2007, 09:58 AM
Good morning chicks,

Quick post here as I'm running late as usual. I do bad habits soooo easily! Doesn't help that I keep getting hung up on pages on this site. As in the site not responding / server busy. :mad:

Thanks for the update on FIJI - I had no idea - must do better at keeping up with current events. :lol: If we have a veto than I will use my veto on France. (Sorry Suzi - my pants will never be sitting in France - but I do hope that you get there with the family). Remember if we go to 'Frisco that sort of violates the rule as it's SAN Francisco and LindaT is there WITH the prod. Tho I'm sure she will take mercy on us, however I've heard she is fond of the 4:30am workout session. :faint: SF is one of my favorite cities.

Sweet lemons? :?: :?: :?: I've heard that lemons have more sugar than a watermelon. Will have to check around and see. I think we just get the run of the mill kind around here - even in the specialty store. But worth looking for - thanks for the mention.

Ok, time to get my keester in gear for another run on the hamster wheel of life. Be good worldly chicks and if you can't be good, at least have fun ;)

happy2bme
01-22-2007, 10:01 AM
PS - the Chicago Bears made it to the finals to play in the SUPER BOWL!!!! (The culmination of our football season here in the states). Game to be played in 2 weeks. The city will go crazy when they win again.

It's been a long time since they've gotten that far. Last time was 1985. After they won they temporarilly changed the sign at the Sears Tower to the Bears Tower. :lol: (Sears Tower at one time was the tallest building in the world).

GO BEARS!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Madcat
01-22-2007, 10:09 AM
Darn cold here too. I almost froze my hands off pumping gas on Saturday morning. So cold afterwards I could barely get the keys in the car's ignition. Man, winter can be cruel at times. My vote would definitely be somewhere warm. I hear there are also massive mosquitoes in Fiji (as well as coups).

Fort Lauderdale somehow doesn't seen exotic enough. And Fredricton is a tad chilly (another Canadian joke). Florence? Somewhere in the South of France? Ohh, how 'bout Faro in Portugal? It's in the Algarve and I hear it's very beautiful… So, all my suggestions are a tad Euro-centric. Sue me. The first bottle of Vino Verde is on me.

I've been lurking but I will be back posting shortly.

Meadow
01-22-2007, 01:01 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Skylarkca/snowy-animation.gif

:wave: It has been snowing alot here. The kids built a snow tunnel along the driveway where it is piled up about four/five feet. I have one home sick today. Tomorrow maybe the other one, she was trying to stay home today too, but a sore throat and sick looking eyes, beat a snuffly nose everytime ;)
I've been reading, not much to say. Congratulations to everyone who is exercising and making good food choices. I made some bran muffins yesterday, the dog helped himself to four so at least he liked them :p Never put stuff at the front of the counter, big dogs can reach :lol: I threw out the rest of the shortbread cookies and some of the chocolate, I was the only one who seemed to eat it. So I wasn't being brutal to anyone but my sugar craving, lip smacking self. Working on it, tried a new belly dancing dvd but it keeps stopping. Don't know what is wrong with it, my other dvds play fine. My balance ball gets used alot by my kids. They jump over it, leap frog style, cross their legs on it and balance, do somersaults over it into the dog bed. I can't get near :lol3:

Good energy to everbody! Watch out for the dust bunnies, they tend to band together under the bed and attack in January :yikes:

carla49
01-22-2007, 01:17 PM
I must have missed something - didn't know there was a rule about moving every month, and the place and month initial matching? I guess that means we can never spend a nice slimming month or two hiking and slimming and being massaged at Rio Caliente in Mexico? (Just a thought. Maybe someday.) Meanwhile, I think we should all just go stay with Shad at Fawlty Towers!

Mel, I hope you're continuing to feel better. :hug:

happy2bme
01-22-2007, 01:54 PM
Carla -

Shifting the thread each month was just a passing idea - we do tend to move when the thread gets too long - gives some people problems accessing the thread. Tying a place to the starting letter of the month just seemed like an idea to make picking a place easier.

You know we are coming upon March soon and March starts with M just like Mexico - sooooo :s: we could find ourselves relaxing and getting massaged after all. :D

Nice to see you popping in Meadow. All that snow... oooh. Bet it's pretty. Bet it's COLD - I think I will live vicariously through your graphics :lol:

ceejay52
01-22-2007, 03:36 PM
My last name is German and would really someday in reality like go to Germany.

Hi Carla--Where is Fort MacMurrary? I've never heard of this. We could go to Fort Knox and help with all that gold.

Madcat--Stay warm.

Happy--Let us know, I'm ready to pack my bag.

Shad and Suzi --hello--

MELODY525
01-22-2007, 05:19 PM
FLORENCE!!! I ALWAYS WANTED TO MGET RICH AND LIVE IN TUSCANY. ONCE WATCHED A TRAVELOG ON IT AND SINCE THEN I WAS SOLD ON ITALY. ALSO GREECE AND PORTUGAL. OR I COULD COME BACK AS AN EGYPTIAN PRINCESS AND LIVE IN CAIRO. MARCH IS MY BIRTHDAY MONTH SO I WOULD LOVE TO VACATION IN MEXICO!!:beach: BUT I WILL BE GLAD TO GO WHEREVER HAPPY TAKES US. :dance:
YOU GALS HAVE BEEN BUSY BEAVERS!!! I LIKE THE FOOD PORN IDEA OF PIGGING OUT IN FLORENCE! :rofl: :rofl:
SITTING HERE CRACKING UP STILL :lol3: :lol3: LEAVE IT TO SHAD TO ZERO IN ON THE FOOD PORN! :lol3: :lol3:
SORRY TO HEAR MADCAT IS FREEZING HER *** OR WAS IT FINGERS OFF IN THE FROZEN NORTH. WE HAVE WARMED UP TO THE 30'S AGAIN. IT WILL BE SPRING IN NEW JERSEY BEFORE IT WILL BE A REAL WINTER :rofl: MEADOW SHOULD HAVE MAILED THE COOKIES AND CANDY TO ME. I WOUOLD HAVE PAID POSTAGE :rofl: I HAVE A BIG GARBAGE CAN HERE FOR JUST SUCH OCCASSIONS!! :cb:
WENT TO THE MALL. I BOUGHT 3 SWEATERS ON ONE GIFT CARD THEN WENT TO GET I PANTS AND ZIP JACKET SET, 2 PULLOVER TOPS WITH MATCHING PANTS, A SCARF AND 2 PAIR OF SLIPPERS. NOT SURE WHY I BOUGHT 2 PAIRS OF SLIPPERS....IT'S NOT LIKE I WEAR OUT THE BOTTOMS:rofl: :rofl: I EVEN HAD ENOUGH TO GET RICHIE A SHIRT FOR FATHER'S DAY AND SOME VALENTINE STUFF FOR THE KIDS. SORRY TO SAY HAPPY THAT THERE WASN'T A FROG IN SIGHT!!! :lol3: I STILL LAUGH ABOUT THAT. CEEJAY IS PUTTING US ALL TO SHAME IN THE EXERCISE DEPARTMENT EXCEPT FOR SHAD. CARLA & MADCAT I WENT TO CANADA WITH THE EX AND WE WENT TO LOOK AT A FORT. THERE WAS SO MUCH WALKING I WAITED IN THE CAFETERIA FOR HE AND JEN TO TAKE THE TOUR!!!
WE WENT UP THRU NY STATE SO I DON'T KNOW WHICH ONE IT WAS. SOME OF IT WAS UNDERGROUND AND I WAS VERY IMPRESSED. I AM TIRED AND NEED SOME FOOD. I HAVE TO FOOD SHOP TOMORROW TOO. LOOKS LIKE SNOW IS HEADED OUIR WAY THIS WEEK AND DON'T WANT TO TAKE ANY CHANCES. WILLY FINALLY GOT BACK HIS BUS TODAY SO I GO WITH HIM :dance:
THE FIRST MEETING FOR THE JOB IS TONITE AND I WAS ASSURED IT SHOULD ALL GO WELL. GOT THE NEWS WHEN I GOT BACK THIS AFTERNOON. I AM RELIEVED AND ALSO SAD FOR 2 REASONS. ONE IS THAT THIS WHOLE THING WAS UNNECESSARY AND THE OTHER CAUSE TOTAL RETIREMENT WAS STARTING TO LOOK GOOD TO ME:rofl: BUT I REALLY NEED HING TO DO SO I GET OUT OF BED EACH DAY ALSO. A DOUBLE EDGED SWORD AS THEY SAY.
I CAN BE A LAZY SOD AND DEPRESSION WOULD TAKE OVER VERY QUICKLY IF I DIDN'T HAVE MY HAND IN SOMETHING......AND I DON'T MEAN DOWN THE FRONT OF SOME MAN'S PANTS!!!
OK GOTTA RUN AND EAT. LOVE TO ALL. SHAD I HEAR YOU ON OUR MISSING MEMEBERS. SIGH. :moped:

carla49
01-22-2007, 06:14 PM
Fort MacMurray is a bit of a hole, north of Edmonton and very, very cold. There's an oil sands boom going on up there, so the place is hopping, real estate costs a bomb, casino and strip clubs, no rental vacancies, and even a fat old chick like me could probably get a date. We really, really, don't want to go there. I'd rather head to Florence and the beauteous David...

Mel, you probably went to Old Fort Henry all those years ago. It's near the border crossing at Cornwall (don't know what the American side is called.) Or it could have been some other fort I'm not familiar with.
You're sounding decidedly better these days. Do let us know the results of the meeting this afternoon! By the way, do you have hi-speed internet? Since you like to stick your hand down men's pants, you might enjoy a pic I have and would send you privately. ;) ;) But I'd hate to clog things up if you're on dial-up.

Ceejay, Germany can be quite nice. I've never been to Berlin - maybe we could go in Bay, Bune, or Buly? :rofl: (Sorry, Happy. I couldn't resist.)

Shad, sorry about the food porn. Yes, I am a little obsessed with eating. Do you like the idea of us coming to stay in Feb? We could torment the twit into behaving, and divert King Kong's attention so you can play on the net all you want... And isn't your gym called Florence's Fitness or something? We could all join and go work out when we're not busy getting you fired. (Which, ironically, also starts with F.)

Today's a frustrating day - someone stuck her nose in my business, and as a result I've lost 3 days work that I actually wanted to do. :mad: I'm so angry I'm on the verge of pulling out of 2 other days I'd accepted for her, which would make me feel better but would mean a total of 5 days down the drain. Not to mention the strain it would create within the smallish group of people I usually work with. Always a difficult choice between being conciliatory and frustrated, being assertive and creating havoc, or being sneaky and getting my revenge in more subtle ways... So far I've written the angry assertive email, but put it in drafts instead of sending it... And I'm working with Ms Busybody tomorrow, which might influence my decision as well. Grrrr... Our business works on trust, and this kind of nonsense just messes things up for everyone.
I think I'll go do some deep breathing, anything to get the BP back down.

Shad
01-23-2007, 02:28 AM
Germany also called Deutschland - ergo December!

I like the sound of Florence as well. Plenty of things to see and do. If you want an island tropical holiday try the Friendly Isles - although are they having a coup as well???? :chin: can't remember. :rofl: :lol3: Anyway the tropics are pretty torrid in the summer season. Mossies, cyclones, rain, rain and more rain. Who wants to go to the tropics in summer - maybe I do since I am already here.
Food porn comes from the challenge thread and Carla knows all about that - by the way Red wants you back over there!!! - one is not allowed to mention the unmentionable. usually one sticks :censored: in the spot.

Gotta go. Good to see Madcat has thawed out enough to make a post. Oh no, I spy something starting with K moving down the corridor. Byeeeeeeeee

Hollyhock
01-23-2007, 08:50 AM
HI!!!!!

Cant think of another cold boring "F" Canadian place right, Sorry Mad and Carla.Although the Fraser Canyon is beautiful and close to Meadow!!!
Almost time to get the kidlets ready for school.

Today is my last day of relative freedom. I start regular hours for payroll tomorrow.The one thing that will be hard is that when I get tired in the evening I leave stuff for the morning because i know I will be here to finish. Not so now. I had trouble last night imagining pushing myself to finsh the dishes or laundry. I suppose a new routine will fall into place.I will need to prep meals the night before too.Our morning routines will be the same.And how will I nap at watch my soap in the aft. LOL!!!!! Actually without 9 kids here, dont get tired in the aft anymore.Spose Pine Valley will go on without me.

Volunteering at the school til 10:30 today and every Tues now, instead of Wednesdays.Will work at Avon in the aft.
I really need to do some clothes shopping. My daily wear of PJ bottoms and t shirts doesn't cut it in the work force. I can wear jeans. Need some funky tops.Bought some bras recently so the girls are saluting the sun.I need to upgrade some of my equipment too but i will do that gradually. Pro hair stuff is ridiculously expensive.

Weight is the same! Still down 12. Hoping to lose 1 lb a week. Steady.Being in my feetall day will help. I can also walk for my breaks now that I will be in a town and not on a hwy.

Need another java. HUGS!!!!!

happy2bme
01-23-2007, 09:31 AM
Well there's Flin Flon in Manitoba and Fockendorf, Bavaria in Germany as well as Firth of Forth in Scotland (which for some reason compells me to pronounce it in a drunkenish slur) :cheers: :hat: How would you like to live in Pee Pee, Ohio? :lol3: Will I ever grow up? :no: :no: :no:

So it sounds as if we have this month and next taken care of. I think the J months are going to be a problem. Too many J's. Not enough J places to pick from. Perhaps we will just have to check out the month names in another language and use that letter instead for June and July.

Not feeling all that great this morning. We went to the library in the next town to pick up a copy of the next selection for the book club. Looks like an interesting read - The Wedding by Dorothy West - but there's only 2 copies of the book around here. DH drove me after work and we also made a quick stop at the store on the way back. As it was I didn't start supper until 6:30. So we had a quick meal of spaghetti and meatballs. Usually one of my favorites but halfway through last night I had to stop eating. It just didn't sit well and I felt bad all evening long. DH was ok so it was just me and not the food. Still feeling yucky this morning.

I have one meeting today and I think I'm just going to hunker down and focus the rest of the day getting things finished on the to do list. This month is flying by and I have some big ticket items at work starting up. Want to get the loose ends taken care of for the things that are pending before I get pulled into the black hole that is SAP. :yikes:

I also haven't exercised in 3 days and I need to get back to that too. The IPOD is loaded with some fresh tunes and the new shoes are calling to me - walk... move...trot... lady :running:

On with the day. Love to the chicks. :grouphug:

MELODY525
01-23-2007, 12:02 PM
MISS HAPPY!!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO EXERCISING!!!NOW KICK THAT BUTT IN GEAR. DON'T MAKE ME COME DOWN THERE AND KICK IT FOR YOU!! :tantrum:
GOOD LUCK ON THE LOOSE ENDS TO DO LIST. :hug:
IF THE EYES WEREN'T SO BAD I WOULD HAVE DONE THE BOOKCLUB VIA TELEPHONE. LOL NOW REMEMBER ALSO....LESS TIME ON THE PC AKA BUTT IS A GOOD THING!!!:cb:

SHAD~ I LIKE CARLA'S IDEA OF GOING TO FAWLTY TOWERS AND "HELP" YOU OUT WITH THE TFG AND KONG. THEY WON'T KNOW WHAT HIT THEM :rofl: DID WE PICK A DAY YET? I AM FORGETTING :dizzy:

CARLA~ I CAN JUST SEE US HELPING SHAD TOO. I WILL SAY ONE THING....WE WOULD ALL "FIT" IN AT FAWLTY! :rofl: SORRY ABOUT THE DRAMA ON THE JOB. WHY IS THERE ALWAYS ONE WHO BUTTS IN?!?!:tantrum:
TAKE THE HIGH ROAD. USUALLY IS BEST. GETS DIRTY AND UGLY WRESTLING AROUND IN THE MUD WITH THE LOW LIFES!! I SHOULD KNOW AS I DO IT ALL THE TIME:rofl: I THINK YOU'RE RIGHT ABOUT THE FORT. SOUNDED FAMILIAR. :)

HOLLY~ BE CAREFUL ADDING TOO MUCH "ACTIVITY" TO ONE DAY. THAT'S HOW WE HUMANS SET OURSELVES UP FOR THE GREAT FALL AND THEN WONDER WTF HAPPENED :rofl: GOOD LUCK WITH THE NEW JOB. DEEP BREATHING!!!!!

I AM NOT ABOUT TO WRITE WHAT WE ALL WANTED TO HEAR.....THE DIRECTOR NEVER SHOWED UP AND WHEN I INQUIRED....I WAS TOLD WE HAVE UNTIL APRIL 1ST TO GET THIS OFF THE GROUND. BUT THE FRIEND SAID IT'S ALL IN THE BAG. SO I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE HIM AND JUST LET THIS WHOLE THING GO. QUE CERA CERA.
I CAN DO IT TOO SURPRISINGLY ENOUGH. IT'S BECAUSE I WIN EITHER WAY THIS TIME. FINANCES WOULD CHANGE BUT THEN I WOULD BE RELATIVELY FREE. SO.....
WOULD NEED TO FIND A "HOBBY" THOUGH :rofl:
I HAVE TO SAY MY FACE IS BRIGHT RED TODAY AND I CAN "FEEL" THE HEAT OF IT. LOTS OF PERFUMES AT THE MALL. THE EYES? LET'S NOT GO THERE EITHER.
I LOOK LIKE THE TOWN DRUNKARD WITHOUT MAKE-UP ON :cheers: I TOOK THE RECEIPTS DOWN TO THE OFFICE TO SHOW THEM THE SWEATERS WERE ONLY $11.40 @ AND THE MATCHING TOPS AND PANTS WERE $14 @.
I HIT A SALE IN BOTH STORES WHERE THE GIFT CARDS WERE FROM. PERFECT TIMING. I AM ALSO GOING TO MAKE A BIGGER PAYMENT ON THE CREDIT CARD WITH THE XMAS CASH AND LOWER THE DAMN BALANCE.
FEELING GOOD ABOUT THE WAY MY YEAR HAS STARTED....OR RATHER THE WAY I AM HANDLING THE WAY IT STARTED! MAKE SENSE??? HOPE SO.
HAPPY TUESDAY :moped:

MELODY525
01-23-2007, 12:09 PM
MADCAT....... I LOVE THE AVATAR :love:

ceejay52
01-23-2007, 05:44 PM
Just in to say hello :wave:

Had an on plan day, even completed 60 minutes of exercise last night. I'm jealous of Shad losing that pound. Will this motivation continue?

Shad
01-23-2007, 06:55 PM
*****snork for the day*****

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY EVERYONE, (January 26th but hey)

How good is it to be Australian...

Being Australian is about driving in a German car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer, then travelling home, grabbing an Indian curry or aTurkish kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV.

Oh and...... Only in Australia ... can a pizza get to your house Faster than an ambulance.

Only in Australia ... do supermarkets make sick people walk all the way to the back of the shop to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.

Only in Australia ... do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries and a DIET coke.

Only in Australia ... do banks leave both doors open and chain the pens to the counters.

Only in Australia ... do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars on the drive and lock our junk and cheap lawn mower in the garage.

Only in Australia ... do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.

Only in Australia ... are there disabled parking places in front of a skating rink.

NOT TO MENTION...
3 Aussies die each year testing if a 9v battery works on their tongue

142 Aussies were injured in 1999 by not removing all pins from newshirts

58 Aussies are injured each year by using sharp knives instead of screwdrivers

31 Aussies have died since 1996 by watering their Christmas tree while the fairy lights were plugged in

8 Aussies had serious burns in 2000 trying on a new jumper with a lit cigarette in their mouth

A massive 543 Aussies were admitted to Emergency in the last two years after opening bottles of beer with their teeth and finally.........

In 2000 eight Aussies cracked their skull whilst throwing up into the toilet.

I'll be back later when the roosters are not looking for guidance from Mum

happy2bme
01-23-2007, 07:20 PM
:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

We have some of those types too but yours were funnier

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Shad
01-23-2007, 07:56 PM
Madcats new avatar looks like Sunday the cat.

Shad
01-24-2007, 01:24 AM
Okay - what's with today??/
Too much work, too little time. Sh*t hit the fan on all modules today and there is moles burrowing underground to get away from the noise and heat. I've personally done 10 activity guides today. My fingers are nearly dropping off. I have people in for dinner tonight to help me eat up my left overs before I go home for the weekend. We are having a fish pie with a sweet potato topping and some ww icecream with fresh fruit and mint salad. I have some cracker biscuits to use up as well so they might get a dip or some dukkah and bread. Sound good. Do I have to wait for anyone for dinner??? It will be a United Nations dinner as Marisa is Filipina, Zen is African, Jason is Aus and I am NZ. A Scotsman is coming by later to sort out the left overs!!!

Anyway, I'd like to get a few more QRG's done before home time and I have a pot of steaming coffee in front of me so I guess I'd better go drink one and think the other.

Hello to everyone. Hope you are all in the pink. See you tomorrow.

happy2bme
01-24-2007, 01:51 AM
Shad,

I do hope that you can step away and ensure that the QRGs are actually usable as a Quick Reference Guide. Used one myself last week and hosed up my entire project. I followed it to the letter and :censored: had to spend a half day putting everything back again. I suppose I should have asked for the Dummies version instead of the QRG.

Dinner sounds tasty, save me a sampling tho the fish may go bad by the time I get over there. :lol: What's a mint salad? I like mint. Hoarding the last of my WW chocolate mint snack bars. I've decided they are too frightfully expensive. Somewhere there must be a low point, crisp chocolate mint cookie recipe in cyber space. Enjoy your dinner party with your international friends.

I probably won't get to post until tomorrow night. I have an early doctor's appt with the rheumatologist tomorrow. I feel fine while on the meds but as soon as I go off of them the foot pain and knee pain gets nasty. However who knows what the meds are doing to my liver? We will see what she has to say. Won't have time to post in the morning. Then it's off to work to meetings and developing a test plan for a disaster recovery exercise I'm coordinating. I hate to think of it but the "bunker" where our servers are is located 3 miles from my house. If we lose the bunker to a disaster, that means I've most probably lost my home too so will I be worried about recovering the systems offsite on the east coast? Probably not. But I will write a thorough recovery plan for someone else to follow :D

Cheers to the chicks, I have to hit the sack - I'm already about an hour late. Night all...

MELODY525
01-24-2007, 09:36 AM
SHAD YOU CAN SAVE THE FISH FOR YOUR FRIENDS AND I'LL EAT THE DIP AND BISCUITS! SORRY THE FINGERS ARE BEING WORN DOWN TO THE BONE. DOESN'T ANYONE DO WORK OVER THERE BESIDES YOURSELF?? HAVE A SAFE TRIP!!

HAPPY~ I HEAR YA ON THE PILLS. I TRIED GETTING OFF THE ANTI-INFLAMMATORIES AND BECAME STIFF AS A BOARD AND LOTS OF PAIN. THE STIFF MIGHT BE GOOD FOR A MAN BUT NOT FOR MELLIE! :rofl: GOOD LUCK IN MORNING! SOMETIMES I THINK THE BUNKER STUFF IS NOT TO BE WORRIED ABOUT. IF WE HAVE A SERIOUS "HIT" WE WILL ALL BE TOAST ANYWAY!! BENDING OVER AND KISSING OUR ASSES GOOD BYE.
BUT JUST IN CASE.....MAKE A PLAN FOR ME :rofl:

NOTHING TO DO TODAY AND THAT'S OK BY ME.
GOING TO BE COLD AND WINDY SO I AM HUNKERING DOWN AND ALREADY STARTED TO WARM THE HOUSE UP.
ONE MINUTE I AM IN LIGHTWEIGHT CLOTHING AND THE NEXT TRYING TO RIDE AROUND WITH AN ELECTRIC BLANKET GOING FROM PLUG TO PLUG:lol3: STRANGE.
HAPPY HUMP DAY AND MAY THE SUN SHINE UPON ALL YOU CHICKS AS WELL :sunny:

Madcat
01-24-2007, 02:05 PM
The new avatar was from a site that had Japanese art. Thought it was appropriate and keeping with Carla's themed avatar. Sunday is a calico, Shad? How pretty! My cats are black and white. We always joke that is because we couldn't afford colour when we got them.

I find it funny that though we are half way around the world from each other so many of us are working on the same sorts of projects. I've been having long rambling arguments over the Disaster Recovery Plan with our tech support people. They wouldn't let the project write the document and now they won't agree with me when I point out that some of their information is, umm, somewhat incorrect. But then what do I know? I'm just a contractor. And a writer. As for QRG's, I was tooling around on my employers site and I found a QRG I wrote for the last project I worked on for them. It's funny, because when I wrote it it was based on what the developers told me the system was going to do. I left the project before the product launched (delayed), so gosh, I hope someone actually tested that the system ended up doing what I said it would. This is the problem with new products is that users clamor for things like Quick ref guides and training material long before the product is even finished (and rightly so, since they do need time to train). I cannot tell you the number of times I am essentially writing fiction. Of course, lots of people think they can write so it could be the material really does just suck :lol:

Happy~ Good luck at the doctor's. I know what you mean about the medication issue. Hope they can suggest something. My Dr. has me on these uber-anti-inflammatories and, though it is nice to be able to walk without pain, I worry about the side affects.

Shad~ Hopefully having a nice dinner with people will help you detox from the silliness of the project. Soon at least you will be home in your own bed, away from it all. If it has hit the fan, maybe we should all pitch in and send you a raincoat? BTW I'll take Mel's share of your fish.

Mel~ the image of you zooming from plug to plug makes me laugh! Maybe just one really long extension cord? Or a portable generator for your blankie? Stay warm my little friend. It's getting chilly here too.

Ok, I don't have time to go back more than this page if I hope to post anything today. My love to all the other worldly chickies. I hope all those in cold climates stay warm and all those in the tropics stay cool.

ceejay52
01-24-2007, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the laughs today.

My third day of no binges is drawing to a close. Tomorrow is weigh in at the gym.

I have no idea what an ORG is.

Shad--:wave: your egglight is on.

Shad
01-24-2007, 06:41 PM
Difficult to stay cool when the rain is lashing down, the temp is 34C and the humidity is sky high (oh no dreadful pun), however one copes, one just doesn't necessarily ever feel dry. Everything that is paper feels damp. Clothes never seem to dry properly in the dryer, one puts them back and bakes them until they are crisp. But it is January and it is the tropics and as the natives would say, if ya don like it, go bark to ware you cum from! Heat ru - ules! :rain:
Here we write the QRG, test it, give it to the gods to approve, the User Acceptance Testing team use it, they pass it. It goes into the workbook and THEN they change the rules. I (am I always going to be this stupid) thought that once the blueprint was signed off that was it as far as changes and innovations goes - silly me :frypan: :dizzy: :rofl:

Mel, hope you enjoyed the dip and bick (aussie slang for biscuits) - you had sun dried tomato pesto, normal pesto and olive tapenade. :hun:

I gave the last of the fish pie to Zen and Marissa for their lunch today, they were happy. It wasn't too bad if I say so myself and apart from the extravagance of butter in the mash and sauce it was fairly low fat as well. So not too much damage was done. Oh and the :cheese: of course. The fresh fruit and yoghurt went down well and the last of that I gave to our receptionist for her breakfast because she was moaning about going out in the rain to get a :cbg: !!!! Why is she so skinny???

Happy, I am not getting in a tizz anymore about the amount left to do. I think we will just do as much as we can, correct it, look at the courses and do as the company asks - Delta courses. We will take the brunt of the general working population on the chin when we find that they can not do what is expected of them now because of lack of training. I can't hold the world of Mining SAP on my shoulders all the time. :fr:

The tfg has earned the ire of the financial accountant on the project. :dizzy: They are no longer getting along. He wants to come and sit with us in the training team room. We are resisting, even the guys with whom he sees socially! Oh dear. And he is not well again. Poor soul (give me a break, I've never met anyone who is so happy being unwell)! :?: What he needs is a good.......... :devil: well never mind what he needs, I could do it myself with a blunt knife. Oh and the funny of the week. tfg was out with one of my roosters having a meal (don't ask me who paid!) and they met up with this girl. Well both tfg and the rooster took more than a passing fancy to the lady. The rooster won out. (She may have more than half a brain) Last night the wee rooster wined and dined her in his apartment. He borrowed candles from me and a few flowers and bits and pieces that I and the others had around the place - and here's the crux of the matter. He is not yet come to work. :mag: Maybe the vichysoisse (sp) worked!!!! He is also the one whose apartment leaks and the rain falls in the middle of his bed! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: We wonder what he is up to!!!! :yikes:

Anyway with that, I'd better go. I'll be back with tales of the rooster later.

Hollyhock
01-24-2007, 10:45 PM
I may not be able to catch up until Sunday!!!

HI!!! So tired right now but too wound to sleep quite yet.. I have gotten an upset tummy two nights in a row, dont know if it is nerves, the new meds or a bug.Queasy. Yuck.
Just home from a Avon sales meeting in a town a 1/2 hour from here. Flurries while driving.Just in time to kiss my babies good night. Hubby just went up to bed.

The new job is stellar. Love it. Love J. She told me today I was totally cool. I was like, no, you are. We laughed. Did 7 cuts.Great for a first day. All walk ins. She is steady/busy. Great too. I have my networking meeting in the morning at 8:15. K comes at 8 to put the kids on the bus.After school they go to the sitter. I will be home between 10-11:30am. Gonna put a roast in the slow cooker with potatoes and carrots.Go to work from 12pm-7/8pm.
I have so many calls and emails to follow up on for Avon I cant possibly do it in only 1.5 hours. I need to come up with definite “office” time. Probably Mon and Tues.Need to be better organized for next week.
All in all tho it is pretty darn cool. Loved being at the shop and cutting hair, chatting with folks.
And we have a shop mascot ;a 12 week old Yorkie-Poo puppy named Harley. So when I am not working I can snuggle a sweet little puppy. Haven’t told DD yet. She will be way jealous.

Must go get horizontal and watch some Idol.

happy2bme
01-25-2007, 01:42 AM
Hi all,

Going to be another quick late night post for me. Very busy day tomorrow starting early and ending late. Early start in the morning around 6:30 or 7 to get some documentation wrapped up. Have to take 2 online classes to prep for my fun afternoon of system testing. I'm supposed to go out with a friend to dinner and a movie - right now all I want to do is crash so dinner and a movie doesn't sound all that great, but I did promise. And we're going to see a chick flick which I don't get to see too often.

I did manage to make some inroads around the house tonight - cleaned up 2 big hot spot areas, dusted 2 rooms, did 2 loads of laundry, made dinner, got the dishes done, had a huge long, long conversation with DH on many various things - who said married couples don't talk any more? :lol: It's a good feeling to get things in order. And I owe most of it to making a list and not spending so much time in front of the computer!

DH vacumned and took the trash out. Teamwork helps. I did want to try and get to bed an hour ago, but that was before DH started talking. Just wanted to pop in and say hi - I might not be back until Friday. Enjoy... and stay out of trouble :devil:

Meadow
01-25-2007, 09:39 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Skylarkca/balloon.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Skylarkca/apple-waving.gif

Had left over chocolate pudding that the kids weren't eating so I made it into a chocolate cake. Pink icing and heart sprinkles ;) Saw a program on tv where they were fattening up a lady to be married, an arranged marriage and the groom's family insisted she be plump or they weren't going for it. The dowry included cows, a double bed, suitcase, clock and some milk urns of some sort. The poor woman had to eat every hour and lay down on the bed so as not to burn any calories. Funny old world isn't it?

ceejay52
01-25-2007, 09:45 PM
I'm going to start counting Thursdays as my free day.

Holly--Thought about you today while I got my hair cut.

Called my aunt and uncle to check on them. They've both have been sick.
I'll be going to Paragould tomorrow.

Had to call my ISP to get on line today. Luckily he did it over the phone.

Didn't go to the gym today but exercise at home. 20 minutes on the stamina bike and 20 minutes doing upper body. I will weigh in tomorrow at home.
I took measurements last week but can't find them so I've done that again today. I'm going to make an early start in the morning for lower body work out at the gym.

Happy-- Have fun tomorrow night. We all need a night out on the town.

**** to Madcat, Shad and Mel Everyone stay healthy.

ceejay52
01-25-2007, 09:46 PM
Hi Meadow--Your chocolate cake sounds good.

Shad
01-26-2007, 03:47 AM
Afternoon all,
Guess what honey's?? I'mmmmmmm hooooooome
It's sticky and steamy down here too and the sky is getting blacker by the minute. Seems like we might get a bit of a storm maybe. They have had a fair amount of rain here over the past week, not enough to break the drought and none of it has fallen in the catchment areas but the gardens are definitely lovin' it.

Holly - job sounds good. Don't try to be perfect in the house. None of the others are and if they want something bad enough they can get it for themselves. Glad you are enjoying the work tho'

Meadow - that chocolate cake sounds like food porn to me. Glad I am not fussy about chocolate. On the flight home last night there was a little choc bar on the meal tray. I ate the dinner (actually wasn't too bad for a change - at least I knew it was chicken. Anyway I left the bar and the bread and butter (yes real butter - that was another first) and the hostie asked if I wanted to keep it for later and was astounded when I said I don't eat chocolate (at least very rarely) So she has it in her pocket for supper. The man next door didn't eat his either. The bloke over the back just wanted to drink beer and got grumpy when they refused to serve him anymore! All in all an interesting flight. Mayb I should sit down the back more often!!
Fancy being fattemed up like a goose for foie gras. Yuk.

Better go do some filing, and some cleaning in the kitchen. Dinner calls soon. Steak, wok veg and salad. Should be alright.

Mel - if you are reading this, I'll ring Sunday am my time to see how you are.

MELODY525
01-26-2007, 08:54 AM
SHAD~ I WILL BE HERE SAT AFTERNOON WITH COMPUTER OFF!! RRFN

:wave: to the rest. i cannot really read or scroll without feeling nauseous. vertigo started again with the mall shopping spree. be back over the weekend. maybe sunday/monday. went food shopping with jen and had to leave, come home and get into bed. thank god for willy. ttfn

happy2bme
01-26-2007, 09:20 AM
Good morning ladies,

Sorry to hear that you are feeling all wonky as Holly would call it Mel. Take it easy and I hope you will be chipper again soon. I'm glad that Willy is keeping an eye on you - always good to have a friend around :hug:

Welcome home Shad. Good to hear you're getting a little rain. Isn't it funny how the poor garden can hold it's own in the drought and even just a smidge of rain can perk things up tremendously? I look at the torrential rains we get here and marvel at how things can be so different from one place to the next. Enjoy your weekend home.

Ceejay - must have been something in the air yesterday with the internet - our cable internet connection went out too. I missed having my coffee and catching up with everyone. Safe trip to Paragould this weekend.

Meadow, hard to believe that there is still a country on this earth that equates weight with wealth. Did her dowry depend on how much she weighed? ie. they put her on a scale and the groom's family has to give the bride's family her weight in goats or something? :dizzy:

Madcat, I hear you about the concern for the anti-inflamatories. I tried to wean off of them and the intense pain flared within 3 days. Don't like being on anything for the rest of my life. Doc doesn't seem too concerned. Run blood tests and monitor they say. The docs are very caring down here but sometimes I wonder if they are a bit country doctor. Of course compare that to Chicago where they are very clinical but sometimes a bit cold in the bedside manner.

I had a nice dinner with my friend last night - chicken "Oscar" - tender chicken breast topped with baby asparagus and crab meat chunks with a light but delicious sprinkle of lemon butter. Add some fresh brocolli, a bit of mashed potatos and a nice salad from the salad bar. :T I ate half and the rest will be my lunch today.

We also had a good talk. I didn't realize I needed to get a lot off my chest. She said she sees me go in cycles. Mostly I'm happy but then I hit a skid and the dark mood and frustration builds. Said I should journal my feelings so that I could see "it" coming and avoid the big blow up. Sometimes I wonder if I've gone bonkers. Doesn't ANYONE follow the rules, have manners or do the right thing any more? As a society I think we are rapidly deteriorating. DH says you just have to shrug it off but cripes, it's everywhere I turn, always in my face - when you're constantly bombarded it's hard to ignore it. She did assure me that I'm NOT turning into a crabby old goat (YET but there IS possibility :lol: ) I think you're right Ceejay - every one needs a night out occasionally.

Busy is going to be the keyword for the next week and a half. So much to do at work and I have many things on the homefront to tackle. Have to stay focused. The more I have to do, the more the 2 year old in my brain looks for distractions to sway me from my intended course :rofl:

Have a good weekend everyone. Hi to Holly and Carla the rest of the gang.

happy2bme
01-27-2007, 11:56 AM
Wow, 24 hours later and no one has been here? What's going on with that? :dunno:

Hope everyone is ok and just busy. January is usually a more active time of the year on the boards here. But it's been rather quiet all over. I know myself that I've had problems getting to this site on a regular basis. It seems very slow to respond and some times it just plain locks up. And I'm on high speed internet - can only imagine how it is for you on a dial-up connection.

Another weekend rolls around and January is almost over - can you believe it? Today is an eye doctor appointment - routine check up and I want to order some different glasses. I don't like the frames I have even tho I've received compliments on them. DH has to get his reading glasses adjusted too. We'll probably go out for a late lunch / early dinner afterwards. It's supposed to get rainy this afternoon with only a high of 37 degrees tomorrow. Brrrrrrrr. Will be a good weekend to hang around and do things around the house. I also have the next bookclub book to read - it's only a little over 200 pages so I should easily get that done. Trouble is, I say next weekend, next weekend and then the book is due back to the library and I've only read 10 pages :lol:

Time to go hop in the shower or I'll be late. Have a good weekend everybody - talk later.

Madcat
01-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Morning all. It's almost noon and I've only been up for a little over two hours.:lol: I almost fell asleep on the couch last night so I was in bed by shortly after 11… and slept right through until 9:45. I’ve been up and breakfasted and fed the cats and fed my friend Gord’s cat and taken in my other friend’s paper. They have jetted off to Paris for the weekend. :rolleyes: Actually they got a two for one deal on the airline tickets so it wasn’t that expensive… but still. Darn jet setters! :lol:

It was snowing yesterday and now the ground is all white. Roads look relatively dry but the sidewalks are sloppy. We were going to go out and buy comics and shop for a new coat for the DH, but we decided to put that off until tomorrow and just stay in. DH is wearing my old work baseball jacket as a casual winter coat. It has the name of a certain well known tourist attraction emblazoned across the back. Not exactly subtle – though I do manage to run into a lot of old co-workers or relatives of old co-workers this way. :lol: Party to go to tonight – where I will watch the consumables.

Happy~ I’m not sure “caring” is a bad thing for a doctor to be. My doctor is good but I sometimes feel he is watching the clock and calculating how much each conversation we have is making him. And we don’t even pay for visits.

Mel~ I hope you get better soon. If it makes you feel bad don’t stare at the evil computer screen. Have a nice natter with Shaddie.

Shad~ I admire your take on chocolate. You made some chocolate addict very happy. Who knew that sitting at the back of the plane is just like sitting in the back of the school bus when you are a kid.

Meadow~ Your cake sounds good. Didn’t know you could use leftover pudding that way. Yeah, it is a strange old world. Wonder why they only put a double bed in the dowry?

Holly~ I’m so glad you are enjoying your new job and the change in lifestyle. How’s your Dh is adapting.

Ceejay~ Hope your uncle and aunt feel better. Enjoy your workout and then your visit.

Getting too hard to type. Maggie demands so love, so I better deliver. Everyone have an excellent day.

Shad
01-27-2007, 04:05 PM
Yesterday's non-entry is what happens when you decide that you won't post just now and that you will think about what you want to say and come back!
Must be age setting in.
When I got in on Thursday night, I had a letter from the Dr's surgery waiting for me following up on the blood tests I had after the previous visit, and since they were closed Friday (Aust Day holiday) I went along Saturday and spent too much time on his waiting room chairs. To tell the truth I was a little annoyed because the tone of the letter suggested I needed to get in there tout suite, and last time they rang me about blood tests it was the same thing. I think they want to scare us into going. And the outcome of that last time was that my sugar levels were up somewhat - well d'oh stone fruit and mangos will do that to a body. But I digress. So when I got in to see him, I'm asking why I am spending my precious weekend gracing his uncomfortable waiting room chairs!!! Well I get told my thyroid levels are perfect, my sugars are perfect, my cholesterol level is at 5.9 which is probably normal for me (normal is under 5.7 apparently) but I have abnormal fatty enzyme in liver tests. Am I well? Yes. Do I drink a lot (chance would be a fine thing) No. Any other reason I can think of? Nope. Hop on the couch - and he tries to give me a hand to hop up on the examing table. Hello, this is the near enough 58 year old who is flexible enough to touch her toes, who runs a k in 8.50 to 9.0minutes and who can lift more than he can and he wants to give me a hand up one step. Anyway to cut a long story short. I am perfectly healthy, no enlarged liver no lumps bumps and/or cysts that can be seen and the enzymes are probably not a problem and normal for me. I need to have a liver scan to prove all this. So I sat for 2 hours to find out nothing new. Gotta love the medical profession.

Meadow - Paris for the weekend?!! Yaahoo, by the time they get there, won't the weekend be almost over? Or are they flying in in the middle of the night and not sleeping until they get on the plane to come home? I guess it is only about 6 hours from Canada tho. It's a 23 hour trip from here. Paris - city of light and food and excitement and snooty Parisians! Enjoy it anyway. I always reckon that France would be fine without the French in it. The country is lovely.

Happy - enjoy the new glasses and frames. I have no choice but to buy new frames everytime I get new lenses. I seem to have a habit of choosing those that will corrode from skin acids so by the end of the year or 18 months between appointments they are looking pretty tacky.

Time to go do something else. We are going to breakfast this morning, DS2, DB2 and the attendant hangers on. I'm trying to ring Mel, but she is again engaged. I'll try some more later. Meantime I'd better go get dressed and start on some housework. I need DS2 to look at the air con which started spitting out water yesterday. Shame, could have done with it last night since it was steaming again and still is. Grey skies full of water, high humidity, but as yet no more rain. See you all.

happy2bme
01-27-2007, 11:09 PM
Shad,

What is it with the liver enzymes? New hot test??? Last year they got me all worried something fierce. Your liver looks out of sort - Something isn't right - do you use drugs? :no: do you drink? well maybe 2 glasses of wine in a month :cheers: Depends on how often we go to the Japanese restaurant (love my one glass of plum wine) thank God they didn't ask me if I have sex with random, multiple partners :rofl: but to answer that one in case you were wondering :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: So no case of anything that can cause any sort of symptom but must hurry to the hospital to schedule a liver scan. Quarts of blood taken, poken and probed all over and you guessed it ... NOTHING. Ok well we will just monitor. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Actually I did some of my own research and after what I read :yikes: it's a wonder we don't all have hepatitis.

In any event, I am glad to hear you are A-okay. Shame though to waste an already short precious weekend waiting on the doctor.

As far as the glasses go, you're pretty much stuck with whatever the style is at the time. Sometimes it's hard for me - the teeny tiny frames they had last year don't work with my prescription. Lots of frames, including the designer ones which I don't get anyway have rhinestones in them - yuck. Oh wait, I just looked at mine and I have them too. I guess they are not rhinestones but crystals - mine are not as glittery as the ones on the front of the designer frames - think Dame Edna or something :lol: Mine are a little more subtle and on the sides of the frames. Doesn't matter, I'm replacing them anyway. Not found of the rectangular shapes out now but I found a pair in a dark brownish copper that weren't too bad. While getting fitted I told DH they would look fabulous with red hair like the woman sitting next to me. Been dabbling with the idea of going red again. I like it, makes my blue eyes really stand out and it's good for the overall coloring of the skin tone but red is so high maintenance. I like to switch up the look every once in a while. Madcat I thought you looked fabulous as a redhead. Not to say you aren't cute as a blond!

Madcat, sounds like you were in need of some good rest last night. Probably just what you needed to get rid of the last of the germs once and for all. So as far as the comics go are you collectors or do you follow a series and periodically hit the stores to pick up new copies? Comics, like cartoons have become quite sophisticated - a far cry from the days of Archie, Ritchie Rich and Little Lulu that I remember. :)

We stopped at the New Balance store on the way home. DH got a pair of walking shoes when I got my sneakers and they didn't have the style he got in my size in the women's section. So we tried this store. I thought I took a bigger size which they didn't have and while she was calling another store I took a look at the display model - a size 7.5 compared to the 9 I took in the sneakers. They were a perfect fit :D and are sooooo comfortable. And I have a really hard time finding comfortable shoes so this is wonderful to me. They are suede so I sprayed them with a water/stain repellant and will let them dry overnight. They will be good to go tomorrow. Good thing because I have lots of walking to do tomorrow. And with it being so cold, I will be walking FAST :lol:

So now I think I'll be brewing up a nice cup of tea and I'll go pop a load in the washer and sit down with my book club selection.

Shad if you talk to Mel tomorrow, tell her hello - we're still trying to work out the logistics of a chat session. Guess she likes you better :rofl:

'Night all...

Shad
01-28-2007, 12:18 AM
Didn't get to talk to Mel, she is investigating drips.
No not nasal drips or the variety we have here (idiot variety) like hot drips, dork drips, moron drips, drippy drips. She's investigating the wall variety of drips.

Besides which - I just tell her when I'm gonna call and she is there. Or sometimes she writes to say she isn't there or won't answer. She doesn't get much choice actually.

ceejay52
01-28-2007, 10:57 AM
This is a quiet place.

Mel--Feel better soon.

Hello to the rest :wave:

happy2bme
01-28-2007, 11:36 AM
What is this new trend whereby people are calling everyone "hon"? Just try it hon, you might like it... there, there hon, it will be ok... thank you hun (can spell it hon or hun) - it kind of gets old after you hear it for the 12th time.

I notice that more and more people can't spell. Don't they know how to spell? Or are they just not good at it? Or don't they care? I think part of this derives from texting on the cell phones. They abbreviate things like u for you. It's one thing to make an occasional typo (I often type fast and put you when I mean your or vicesa versa but I definitely know the difference between your and you're, no and know, etc). When your entire ramble is full of misspellings, it doesn't reflect well on you. I have seen some people make comments on Amazon regarding books or music and they are practically foaming at the mouth because they are all worked up - ie. U r Stoopid because u kant no what good musik this really iz - and I think it's funny that people are starting to respond back "buy a book and learn how to spell". :lol: It just seems to be a growing trend.

And... what's with this thing about an inability to park between 2 lines in a parking space? Another thing I'm seeing more of. Why does this bother me you say? Well when I can't legitimately park because you are an inconsiderate, ignorant pig - not just to me but all the other patrons, then it's a problem. It started out with a few inconsiderate people who would take up 2 spots so that no one could park next to them. Now, if you want to park at the FAR end of the lot and do this, I say go for it. I have never had so many scratches in my car doors as I have since I moved down here with people just throwing the car doors open and banging into things here. But recently I've noticed more people pulling way over on the left side of the line leaving a big gap on the right. You can't pull over to the left of them because there's not enough space to pull in and inevitably someone is parked on their right side so no space there. You might be able to squeeze in on the left side, but you could not open the door to get out. Or they pull in crooked - really at a slant and lean over the line at the rear of the car. In either event, they either take up 2 parking spots at the front of the lot where everyone likes to park or worse than that, in a lot with limited parking spaces there's no available spots and here they are taking 2 of them. It bothers me because that's something you used to see once in a great while and now I see it every week so that means more and more people are doing it. I was at a store a couple of months ago and when I came out to put my bags in the car, some idiot parked crooked next to me. They were to the left side and I swear their right fender was 3 inches from my car. I could not enter the driver's side normally - had to walk all the way around a couple of cars to come over the other side to get in my door. And I was barely able to open the driver's side door. People just don't care about anything outside of themselves any more. :no:

Ok, now that I got that off my chest :lol:

It's really cold outside. A high barely above freezing. I was hoping to grill some frozen meats I have sitting in the freezer but it's too cold even to do that. Guess I will have to look up some hearty soup recipes instead. This week I want to plan my meals a bit more exact. I'm going to try bouncing the WW points between an acceptable range instead of sticking with the same points each day to see if that makes a difference. All next week I have testing at my other office - it will be a temptation to go out to lunch with some friends I have in that complex but if I take my lunch and only plan for one outside meal, I think I'll do better. Slacked off on the exercise these last few days - got to get on track again. I have weaned myself away from the TV and computer - actually made some good progress yesterday with organizing and cleaning 2 rooms. Feels so much better than the guilt of spending the evening on the internet and feeling bad that I should have been doing something more constructive. :o

I got up early for a change - surprising too since the house was chilly and the blanket warm and snuggly :lol: But I intend to pop a load in the washer and go get my treadmilling done as soon as I get off here. Sunday's I run around quite a bit and if I leave the exercising to the evening, by then I'm tired and it doesn't get done. Then when I'm done I can make a nice brunch for me and DH and have a good start on the day.

Nothing like a plan, is there? :D

How is everyone doing today? I'll come back and check with you later.

happy2bme
01-28-2007, 11:46 AM
Hi Ceejay - yes it is quiet. All over the site. Not sure why. I can only say for myself that I'm trying to cut back my computer time. And there is less to say if no one is here posting so I guess it turns into a circle, doesn't it?

Are you working today?

linus
01-28-2007, 06:03 PM
hello,is it safe to come back or isnt anyone talking too me ? i deserve not to be ill pop in tomorrow and if uve not renamed the thread "linus bugger off " ill stay for a while
kirsty

Shad
01-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Linus - great to hear from you. No we won't name the thread that (what you said) and we have been missing you for ages - welcome home.

Happy - the BBC (British - in case you were thinking Botswana Broadcasting Corporation) put on a couple of shows called Grumpy Old Men and yep you guessed it - Grumpy old Women. They are a series of shows where these babyboomers talk about the world as it is now - rather they grump about it. Some of it is hilarious. One of the women said that she had to buy a new washing machine. What's with these things, 15 programs, 9 wash cycles, 12 rinse patterns, heaters, coolers, built in dryers, top loaders, front loaders, water and/ or energy friendly etc. I just want to buy one with an off/ on button which washes the clothes.
Then the tech comes to put it in, tramps all over the house, empties the old hose over the laundry floor, tramps mud up and down the place and out to the van to get some more bits, puts the new one in, and then says the trainer (?) will be out in two weeks to show her how to work it.

Mel tells me via email that she didn't get finished until 11.25pm last night and won't be on today, but that the vertigo seems to have gone - she reckons the blood pressure levels fixed it.

Okay, work calls. I've done the exercise for the day and now I can't stop sweating. It will be a sweaty keyboard by the time I have finished.

carla49
01-28-2007, 08:36 PM
Hello all, just a quick visit so I don't get the prod again. :club: ;)

I'm very glad to hear Mel's okay, I was worried that we'd have to send her off to the glue factory. :rofl: I take it she was working until late at night for the very people who are trying to take her pittance away from her? They have no idea what a gem she is. :hug:

Sweaty Shad? Good on ya' for all that exercise! :exercise: I thought about exercising a lot... does that count? Odd that you still haven't accepted our offer to move into your little home away from home at Fawlty Towers for the month of February. I can't imagine why.:?:

Happy, I know what you mean with the rants. I tend to rant rather a lot, it makes me very popular. :lol: If only everyone could be as perfect as you and me! :judge: Although I confess I'm having just a little trouble parking straight since I got the new car. I know, I know, a Corolla is hardly a big car, but compared to my little Accent it handles like a boat. Maybe I should go practice somewhere...

I've been spending a lot of time thinking some things through, and am not too pleased with the way I've let myself go. :( Three years ago I was fit enough to do a week's strenuous hiking in Spain's Sierra Nevada, and now I can't get up from a crouching position without holding onto something. Two years ago I used to go to two very demanding spinning classes a week, now I look for excuses to drive the six blocks to the grocery store. It seems every time I tried to get active, I'd hurt myself just enough to quit (xcountry-skiing, spinning: cracked tailbone; spinning and biking: bad tendinitis in my wrist; light running and hiking: flare-up of PF and instructed to stay off my feet.) And each time I've sunk into my comfy couch just a little more permanently. Of course I mustn't forget the cats - they need me to be home, how could I go off and leave them? :shrug: So now I'm so creaky and fat and sugar-craving all the time I don't know what sports I could do, not that that's really an issue with my present level of inertia. Thus endeth Carla's sad tale of woe - the short version. :kickcan: But at least I'm trying to find my way back. Keep your fingers crossed that I'll find the trigger! :crossed:
Hello to the other worldly chicks. :wave: Time to go contemplate some more. Maybe also time to readjust the ticker again - in the wrong direction.

Shad
01-28-2007, 08:49 PM
Crikey and she didn't need the prod.

carla49
01-28-2007, 09:26 PM
Harrumph!!!! Sarcasm is an unlovely weapon at times. (Says Carla feigning a huff.) You may not be able to see it, Shad, but I'm thumbing my nose at you, I bite my thumb at you, I'm giving you the Bronx cheer, blowing you a raspberry, and, in French, je te fais un pied de nez. So there, Roget's little retaliation. :lol3:

Gross-out alert: Anyone have any ideas how to make this blankety-blank boil either come to a head or go away? It hurts, it's ITCHY, it's UGLY.

Shad
01-28-2007, 11:57 PM
Does that mean you are about to put a foot in my nose???

Boils??? - well me old dad used to swear by these hot poultice things with a dreadfully smelly paste heated on a bandage and slapped onto the offended bit of skin amid much noise and tutai, tutai, tutai.

Personally I tend to take to them with a sharp knife or scalpel and get the bloody core out. All is fixed then. Not sure how I would operate on the back of the neck though.

Shad
01-29-2007, 12:02 AM
Huh! I just went to Babels translation and put in Carla's little prose to see how close I got to the answer and guess what I got?

I make you a foot of nose! :yikes: :faint: :eek: :fr:

I think I like my explanation better!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

carla49
01-29-2007, 12:48 AM
Well, Shad, Babel sucks. ;) Machine translation only works for technical or scientific stuff, and even then it needs a human translator to fix up the the non-technical blah-blah-blah. (They've been trying to make people like me unnecessary for a long time - no luck so far. :s: ) The expression just means thumbing your nose at someone. But I thought a little French lesson wouldn't go amiss.

If I could get at my neck I think I'd have taken a knife to the b***er by now, (insert theme music fromPsycho here) or at least made a hobby out of poking at it with sharp needles, but it's hard to even get a hot compress to stay there for long. I have a feeling it'll be antibiotics soon, much as I'd rather avoid that. And once the swelling goes down I need to remember to see a doc and have the underlying cyst cut out. It'll leave a largish divot, but I've already got a couple of scars there, so maybe they can chop those too. Heck, maybe I can slip the doc an extra fiver and ask him to do a quick top-down full-body lipo while he's at it. :rofl: Canadian docs are always complaining they're underpaid...

Work tomorrow :( so I'd better floss the chompers, trowel on some wrinkle cream, and hit the hay. Night all!

happy2bme
01-29-2007, 09:09 AM
Hi ladies,

Looks like someone was having a rousing good time last night :lol:

Carla - as far as the boils go, here's a website with several suggestions - if not contradictory (ice it vs hot compresses). The most frequent would be a product called Campo Phenique - not sure if they have it up your way. I would go with a drawing salve - something to draw out the infection. I have gotten them once or twice on the back of the neck but fortunately they were small and cleared up on their own. It's just really an infected hair shaft. Hope something works for you as they can be annoying little buggers. :mad:
http://www.otan.dni.us/webfarm/emailproject/boils.htm

Interesting that you mention you had the conversation with yourself about where you once were and where you are now. Must have been something in the air - was thinking the same. Trying to remember back when it all started downhill. I think it was when I was in my 30's when the doctor put me on some birth control pills that just really messed me up big time - never seemed to recover from that :lol: I suppose (and honestly I don't always believe this myself) that the least we can do is commit that yesterday was the last day we'd be at our "worst" - today will be an improvement and go forward from there. Just like quitting smoking or any habit - let me deal with the next hour. Just know we are there for you and rant / moan / complain / :censored: away. I do :D

Shad - I have one of those washing machines (and dryers) that you spoke of. Can program that thing just fine but I will never I mean NEVER be able to figure out the confused mass of remote controls we have that will allow me to play a DVD on the TV. If I want to watch a DVD, I put it in my computer :lol: Your washing machine story reminds me of cell phones. Now why would anyone want to watch a movie on a screen the size of a tiny post it note? And using your phone to play music? Isn't that why they invented IPODs? :dunno:

LINUS!!!!!! Holy Guacamole!!!! So very good to hear from you again. Missed you very much. Please come back and join us again :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: How are things going for you?

Well I would love to stay here more but this morning starts my SAP training. Actually I'll be testing the modules this week. Orientation today. I'm supposed to leave the house in 50 minutes and I haven't even showered yet so I'd better get a move on here. As usual, I lost track of time.

Be back later... hold the fort down. Whatever that means. :dizzy: :?:

Meadow
01-29-2007, 01:27 PM
Never fear, I am here,
I know the words that will make all your dreams come true.

Remember: a dream is a wish your heart makes when you are fast asleep :hug:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Skylarkca/magicwand.gif
Salagadoola mechicka boola bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
Put 'em together and what have you got
Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
Salagadoola mechicka boola bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
It'll do magic believe it or not
Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
Salagadoola means mechicka booleroo
But the thingmabob that does the job is
Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
Salagadoola menchicka boola bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
Put 'em together and what have you got
bibbidi-bobbidi bibbidi-bobbidi bibbidi-bobbidi-boo

I was going to post a smilie giving a raspberry and the neener, neener fingers but I thought you all would benefit more from some fairy tale wonderment and light instead. You always had the power, it is within you.

:wave: Linus :carrot: welcome back chicky :hug:

The rest of you stop beating yourselves up. We are here to progress, not digress. (I concure with the rants and don't ever feel that you can't lay it all out, this is the best place to get your thoughts down and move on)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Skylarkca/purplecat_ballons.gif
We are women, we are not waifs. We are attempting to have strong muscles and less jiggle. It can be done!

The kids gave me their colds. My nose is so dry from blowing it that it hurts. Grabbing a papertowel to catch the drips doesn't help matters. Can't even read a book without my nose trying to run off my face and behind my ears :p *Note to self, buy tissues.

ceejay52
01-29-2007, 02:19 PM
Meadow--I agree. Each day is a new, always go forward and not backward.

Watched a show on obesity last night which really set my mind to wondering that if I don't get a hold on my food addiction that I too will be in that shape. One man weighed 700 pounds and the woman weighed 600 pounds. I'm at 182 pounds so this could very well be me in the future.

Happy and Carla--I know exactly when I started to gain weight--At age 38-
and yes part of it was the beginning of early menopause (hormones) and this is when my thyroid really got out of hand. My problem is that I love sweet stuff and I binge. Think the sweets is inherited from my dad who had to have something sweet at every meal. I 'm not sure why I binge unless it is the fact that my mom wouldn't let me have chocolate or cola's when I was little because I could not go to sleep when the other siblings did. I just wanted to stay awake until mom and dad went to bed. I still have a problem of going to bed at 9 p.m.

To all the other chicks :hello:

but he never gained an ounce.

carla49
01-29-2007, 02:20 PM
Happy, thanks for the link - I had looked for info on the web, but everything I found seemed to want me to spend $100 on some mail-order stuff. Of course that was a couple of weeks ago and I wasn't as desperate then. ;) I read thru the suggestions, and will try to get some of the campho-phenique or other drawing salve. The suggestions with thread and core removal made me nauseous :barf: - I'd be less squeamish if it were on my leg or arm, for some reason the back of the neck is extra-gross, maybe because you have to be a contortionist to even see it.

As for rants, I found some good ones when browsing on craigslist one day. Hilarious, and some of the ranters can even spell! :p

Sorry if I sounded negative in my post, that wasn't the intention. In fact I think I'm finally coming out of the funk I've been mired in since a string of not-so-nice things happened 4 to 5 years ago. :carrot: And the first step in moving forward required a good hard look at my own passive self-pity. Today I actually refused to listen to the voice that told me it was too cold to walk home for lunch, and here I am in my favourite chair, full of yummy home-made split pea with ham soup, posting madly! (It's only a 15 min walk each way, but it's f****ng freezing out there.) :lol: Cats are happier too! Anyway, maybe I should see the boil as a metaphor, and it needs to burst jsut like my bubble of inertia needs to burst. Or something like that... not a pretty metaphor, but it is what it is. :)

Time to bundle up and head back to the salt mines. Toodles! :wave:

carla49
01-29-2007, 02:22 PM
Hi Ceejay! I see your little egg lit! I'm a sweet fiend and a bit of a binge eater myself. Time to get it all under control!

Gotta go.

linus
01-29-2007, 03:18 PM
okay since im not banned i take it im safe to come back:wave: :dance: im not even going to try and explain the pitt ive got myself into but i need freinds right now and guess what gals your them ,MEL,HAPPY thankyou very much for the xmas cards they were so appreciated i cried for 3 hours:rofl: kids are fine ,satan{christopher}is on my knee having his bottle and ramming his thumb as far as it will go into my right ear,home wise weve still not started the garden or the kitchen and im now on 19 months without a full nights sleep so i dont actually care :rofl: :lol3: :frypan: :kickbutt: well bottles finished and chaos reigns back soon
kirsty

Hollyhock
01-29-2007, 08:53 PM
Linus!!!! Love you dear!!!!

All is well. I am in an adjusting to my new life mode. Kids are both very sick with a bad head/chest cold. I am certain to be next.Hubby has been supportive and even bordering on down right cheerful. Works for me.

Love to you stellar Chicks!!!!

happy2bme
01-29-2007, 11:02 PM
Ok, new rant. What's with those stupid car makers and the lights? They are making the headlights brighter and brighter. I don't think it does much for improving things for the driver but it's sure starting to blind the heck out of drivers in the opposite direction heading towards them. And if that wasn't bad enough, I noticed they are changing the red taillights. No longer one bulb but now a series of smaller "dots" that apparently are easier to detect? (Still don't work for someone who's color blind). Tonight I was coming home from work and was stopped at a red light. Was zoned out like usual and found myself staring at the tail lights of the car in front of me. A new car, with 3 rows of these individual lights. When the light changed and I looked forward, I had the negative image of the 3 rows of lights obscuring my vision for what appeared to be a couple of minutes. You can't really "blink" them away. I thought - now that's downright DANGEROUS. Just to prove otherwise, at the next light I stared at the tail lights of a car with a typical single bulb. Sure enough, no negative image on the eye balls.

Training was ok today. Tomorrow and the rest of the week is a bloody early start for the test lab (those of us NOT early morning songbirds were complaining). Particularly since this is the last week of testing, we were warned it might involve some late nights. This means forcing myself to an early to bed, early to rise, 5:30am wake up call. :yikes: I yearn for the day when I can say :wave: the corporate life. I secretly envy those who stay home. So you may not hear much from me this week and if you do, it might not be coherent.

Tonight I made u[ a batch of Olive Garden's Zuppa Tuscano soup. :hungry: :stir: with some crusty Italian bread, can you say yum? :T

Linus, you are always welcome back here and we will always be here for you. I am sorry to hear that CJ is **** bent on not giving you a moment's rest, even after all this time. Please try and sneak a minute in when you can - I've missed you!

I agree Carla. Some of those suggestions on the website were a bit over the top but I had no way to edit it and was hoping that something will give you relief. I had not realized that the little stinkers were quite so germy.

Ceejay - menopause and thyroid - the old one-two punch. I know it well. I think there are major issues with sugar and being hypothyroid. I find that going low fat is not that difficult but giving up sugar is really hard. Really, really hard.

One of my favorite songs Meadow. Thanks for the lyrics. Will bibbdy bobbity boo the kitchen before I crash into bed.

Are you hiding from the old battleax Shad? I was thinking of you all during training today. I am a designated Power User - apparently they have no idea of my multitude of talents in the testing arena :lol:

9pm. Means I have 30 minutes to clean the kitchen and get off to bed. Night all. Probably won't be back here until the evening. Enjoy your Tuesday. Hey y'all to the rest of the worldly chicks.

Shad
01-30-2007, 12:41 AM
Not hiding from anyone, just that if I don't post first thing then I generally get too busy to do it any other time. Just sneaked in here to get a sanity check. Bibbity bobbity boo!!!!

Carla - why, if you are thumbing you nose at someone, does the foot get a look in (pied) or is it typical French style whereby the main object (ME in most cases in France) is not culpable for any misdeamenor or stupidity such as:
Not 'I missed the train' but that the 'train lacks me'. Ergo not my fault, it is the fault of the train. Aaah well, the joys of language.

Linus - good to have you back. We're always here for you. Only have to write, email or pick up the phone (please remember there is 9 or 10 hours time difference downunder) Time to find a child care centre for 1/2 a day a week by the sounds of it.

Happy - I have to agree with the car lights - and now they are making some of them a bright blue as well - yikes. But apparently the insurance companies are very happy with the gross taillights and the more the merrier since it has cut the rate of nose to tails somewhat - at least over here. The fact that more people drive off the road trying to get away from the ever brighter headlights is apparently unimportant. :eek: Some of those death traps (4x4 or 4wd) have so many lights up front you think you are approaching a huge truck and trailer, and do they have to have every single one on????all the time?????

Mel must be feeling the effects of her late night stint. Hello - isn't retirement when you actually give up working???

Ceejay - menopause and thyroid - well that then becomes a problem because after menopause I have found that the fat sets - it just does not want to go away! Most annoying (said with British understatement and not with the usual Aussie slang of f****** frustrating).

Carla - Hey with all those divots in the back of the neck maybe you could make a fashion statement out of inlaid jewellery!

Gotta go. Hi Holly

happy2bme
01-30-2007, 08:20 AM
Ugh... how do you early risers do it? (Getting up in the dark of the night) :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: AND you're perky too.

Mel, Mel - where forth arth thou Mel!!!!!!

Good morning to the chicks, I'm off to fill up the :coffee:

Madcat
01-30-2007, 11:02 AM
Is 5:40 considered early? Yeah I guess it is by any normal human's standards.
Just a quicky for now. I've been rethinking my gym workout and have upped the intensity and shortened the time. I also am back to doing weights - a split program that will hit every body part twice a week, though I do weights 4 times a week. I was thinking of the comments on this thread about how you all used to be able to do certain things and stuff has just slid. Same here and it make me try to remember what used to work... Worth a shot. Of course my knee blew out after 15 minutes of cycling…but I did move only the stair machine to finish up. It still felt good and as if I had actually pushed myself for a change. I also bought yogurt to go with my morning coffee instead of a muffin. I figure the small changes will get me there (with luck).

I'll be back later. Yeah, I have a couple of pet peeves to share as well. Don't get me started on people who are walking in crowded hallways during rush hour and suddenly stop.

Later. Look it's SNOWING!!!:snowglo:

ceejay52
01-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Happy--The body clock gets used to getting up at 5.30 a.m.I now have trouble getting used to sleeping in on my days off.

Linus--Hugs-- you are always welcome.

Not much happening again today. Feeling a little blue for some unknown reason and on days like today I have a tendency to binge. We shall seewhat the day brings.

Mel--Where are you?

Shad--Don't work to hard.

Madcat-- Your routine sound like a good plan. Be
careful with the knee.

Hello to Carla , Meadow and Holly.

Shad
01-30-2007, 06:25 PM
5.40 is not early!!!!! 4.00 is early :rofl: :rofl::rofl:

Last night in between watching the NZers beat the Poms at cricket, I watched the Grumpy old holidays programme on ABC. These bods were grumping about travelling cattle class (economy( on long distance flights. One woman stated that she doesn't mind being sandwiched between footballers, sports people, old people, fat people or even (get away) kids, but she has an abhorence of travelling beside people who break wind. Evidently it must have been a feature of her travel since she ranted about it for some time.

Madcat - your exercise theory is correct. Frequent short intense bouts of exercise are apparently better for us and long sessions where we don't push the boundaries. I have heard this from several sources now.

Ceejay - get up, get moving and get rid of the blues. I find it is the only way.

Gotta move, we off to site in the mud today. See ya

linus
01-30-2007, 08:12 PM
very quick one here im ill {yet again} and satan took a head first dive off the setee on to my lovely {ouch}hardwood flooring then promtly threw up so were waking him every half hour {soon to be hourly i hope}though how u check if a 16 month old baby uve just woken up and whos now howling full throttle to see if there cohereant ill never know ??? but there u go if it makes hubby happy and gets him off my case ill submit
night all
kirsty

happy2bme
01-31-2007, 08:24 AM
Good morning,

When I got up at 5:06 it was 18 degrees outside. And although there was a beautiful, bright, almost full moon hanging low in the sky - it was still dark and cold and not at all appealing to a non-early riser :yikes: I jumped out of bed, put on a fresh pot of coffee and cranked the thermostat up.

We're supposed to get snow tonight - hopefully long after I get home. A bit more snow overnight before getting washed away by rain later tomorrow morning. Going to be a fun commute tomorrow. :censored: :censored:

Nothing much to say - I am running a bit behind. Decided to pop on the work PC while I was taking in the first coffee of the day and take care of some data validation issues from our weekly update :comp: Now I have to pop in the shower, pack my lunch and head out for a full day's worth of testing today. 18 queries to test. That should keep me busy and out of trouble.

Hello's to the chicks :wave:

Roseblush
01-31-2007, 08:53 AM
Hey Linus, I will add my welcome back to the voices here also! This is just the best place to come and renew with the best group of gals. I have had a difficult time posting lately so don't feel badly.
Well, I a great mini vacation and we put on about 850 miles just circled the Frank Church Wilderness and saw some great country and the weather was good...for winter.
We fished for two days, I still have not hooked my first steelhead but I can cast with more confidence now.... and the sun was out. Toby made a great boat dog too, he is so amazing. Then we headed to McCall for the winter carnival which is a huge draw for Boiseites....too much traffic but I got to watch Jesse play hockey for maybe the last time with the college team. I was so proud I was sitting there and parents and kids were coming up and asking me if I was Jesse's mom and shaking my hand........ it was a special night for this goalie's mom...... years of hard work and practices and games and thousand of miles of travel.
My other son was there and all the college kids I know and myBF got to watch the game in a beautiful arena.
It got to -2 that night but the camper stayed pretty good the dogs were always comfortable. We traveled to the south of Mccall the next day and took a road that is usually blocked by too much snow but not this year. WE camped that night in a parking lot the has trails to two different hotsprings. We skiied into the hotsprings and soaked for hours then skiied out in the moonlight it was so awesome. The water is 120 degrees or more coming off the bank and they divert the river water to cool it so you can sit in it.... surrounded by huge pine forest....... all natural.
We skiied the next day and then I stopped and saw a mother and son that are patients on the way home. It was a good trip.......
My spirit has been renewed and my relationship with the BF is good but I must admit to being so thrilled to be able to come back to my own home and just be with my dogs and enjoy my space alone...... that little hermit in me is tough to convince that I need to have a man 24/7.
I have not had a chance to catch up with all of your postings but will try to get up to speed. I finished my book Marley and ME and did some knitting on my trip also.....
I do hope all of you are well and restoring your spirits when you feel the need.
Peace and Blessings,
Nae

Hollyhock
01-31-2007, 01:29 PM
Nae- what a lovey post. LOVED the goalie Mom story. I am on the first leg of that journey with my little MVP.I think it is wonderful that you are in your own space when you need to be. I would be much the same way in your shoes.HUGS!!

I have been home with 2 very sick children since Sunday.DS is getting obnoxious so is much better .*she grins* DD is in the think of it.Just up from another nap with DD. My poor baby girl. Having some canned bean salad on top of a lettuce salad with some grated cheese and ranch dressing. Yum.
Will have a java and make some necessary calls.

HUGS!!!

ceejay52
01-31-2007, 05:37 PM
It's snowing. We already have a dusting of snow right now. It's so pretty. I think this has been my pick me up for the day.

Linus--feel better soon and hope the wee one is okay also. That must have been a frightful moment.

Nae--Sounds like you have had a fun filled week end. Enjoy your time alone.

Holly--Glad that your family is getting well. That's a good excuse for not going to work.

Happy--Testing queries all day doesn't sound like it's to much fun. Did the snow reach Memphis?

ceejay52
01-31-2007, 06:21 PM
I got a phone call from city hall at 4 p.m. stating that they were going home early all because of this little tad of snow that we have recieved. I laughed in her face when she told me cause I thought she was kidding. The MAYOR okayed it. I can hear T. laughing at me if I had asked to go home early.
I'm still laughing. Wondering now if they will take a snow day tomorrow. He he he he he . :rofl:

happy2bme
01-31-2007, 08:43 PM
No snow yet but the roads are covered with the poor excuse of diluted saline solution which is supposed to "help". I'm sure the stores are all depleted of milk, bread and water. Do people make french toast when they get snowed in? :lol:

I see white on the radar which would mean snow but nothing is falling yet. Perhaps it evaporates before it hits the ground here - seen that happen up north.

njoy your "white carpet" Ceejay. Sorry there's not enough for a decent :shocksn:

Got to go make dinner. Be back later.

happy2bme
01-31-2007, 10:05 PM
I was a little concerned that we haven't heard anything from Mel. Sent her an email and she responded:

I am sorry to have worried you and probably others too. It has been very hectic here - floods, medical alarms, broken hips, heating problems etc. It has been a bit non-stop and I did most of it while still having the vertigo from one ear that was stubborn. I have been resting and lying down in between. the ear is getting better and tonite is the first time I am spending time with Jen since last week. If you would post this for me on 3FC I would be very grateful.

I am not up to scrolling, reading and typing a lot. Hugs to you and the rest of the worldly chicks. I will post in a few days.

love, mel

Shad
01-31-2007, 11:23 PM
Thank you Happy for that information on Mel. I was beginning to wonder what she was up to. Might have known she was up to her ears in stuff. Nice to hear from Nae as well. Good post Nae.

Up to my ears in stuff at the moment, no time for a decent post. The is a huge mountain of doco to do as well as sorting out activities for trainees (on a system which has no data - I'm good and I can do the impossible straight away but miracles take somewhat longer.

One of the rooster chicks in mooning around in love - yep he has found the love of his life - and the other ate something which disagreed with him (well we did warn him about the Hard Hat Cafe) so my mentoring is turning into hectoring!!!!! I'm being a bit sharp with both of them at the moment.

Eye Doctor tonight - and it is piddling down out there and has been for days - we have a wet season folks!!!!! and then gym and then dinner. It'll be late tonight. Depending on the eye man, I may skip gym and do a pilates workout at home or :rofl: maybe I should go for a :swim: , it can hardly be wetter in there than it is out here.

Gotta run - King Kong is doing the rounds with Cyclone Nadia. We have some great bosses I can tell ya.

suzi in auz
02-01-2007, 04:30 AM
Hello to all!
I am so glad you have not moved yet. I read rumours previous that you might move with the new month...maybe you are???
yes a new month FEB! Now that is hard to believe. January has just vanished into *poof*. It's been a busy month but February will be better!

YOu all sound good, Mel sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope the load is lightened soon! Much love and :hug: to you!
Shad ...good luck with the eye Dr. I hope all is well. it sounds as though you have some interesting folks up there with you...wet season...wow. We seriously need some here! It tries for a little bit but the temps are hot and the dams are low and soon enough we will be drinking recylced wee wee and I am not sure how I feel about that! I think it might be a massive investment in bottled water!
Ceejay...snow days wow wee. That is something. Here they are supposed to send the kids home if it hits 40 which is like about 105 F. It hasn't happened yet and I am sure some of those classrooms hit it every day! No accond!
I would like to see some fluffy white stuff around. Not enough for a snow man yet?
Meadow, thank you for the lovely post. It is so good to keep positive. i love listening and hearing about dreams. It helps me to be me!
Holly :hug: to you and for the kiddies. I hope everyone is on the mend quickly!
Madcat :wave:
Nae:wave:
Linus :wave:
I haven't had a chance to do a big read but will try to tomorrow. I am back at work again after a BIG break. i actually get the chance to sit and catch up with you all.
My news ....

The kids have all started back at school after the summer break. They seem happy and well rested. I am running around madly making sure they have this and that and very much trying to avoid the big department stores. I even thought I was organised this year but I suppose so did every other Mum!
Dh is still glowing from his vision conference. He has a lot of work to do this year. It's going to be busy.
I am starting 3 days on Monday. This should be interesting.
I think i better come back later as I have 2 kids "needing" the computer!
Much love
Suz

happy2bme
02-01-2007, 09:45 AM
Happy freezin' morning chicks,

We only got a light dusting of snow yesterday. Just enough to make it slippery in spots. Hopefully we'll get some cold rain to wash it away today - tho might make it worse too. :lol:

It is February, isn't it? Thanks for the reminder Suzi. Guess it's time to pack up the bags. I already forgot where we're going but I know we decided on a place. Will have to go back in the posts and look. I'll try and move us tonight.

Off to work now. :wave: to all the chicks.

Hollyhock
02-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Kids are still home sick.
I went out to shovel a bit. Nice fresh air. I will go into the shop tonight from 6-8 pm and do some hair if i can. Maybe on Saturday too. DS has hockey tho.

I need some oooomph!!!!

ceejay52
02-01-2007, 05:18 PM
My errands have been completed. I went to H and R Block this morning and had my taxes done. Believe it or not I'm getting a small refund from the federal but I'm paying the State of Arkansas. It could have been a lot worse since I came out of my 401K last year. I'm completely satisfied. Also paid the rent and stopped by the grocery store and Post Office. I'm ready for the next little bit of snow that we are suppose to get.

Weighed in this morning and the scales showed a 3 pound loss. The only thing different that I've done is to add more fiber. In my opinion 25 grams is a little much for my system. I've also been riding the stamina bike for 20 minutes and trying to keep the 3500 calorie limit. My binges will easily take me over that limit.

Happy-The grocery store was a little under stocked today, but there was plenty of bread and milk. Most of our snow has left. :sigh: But it was a good pick me up. Thanks for inquiring about Mel.

Suzi--Good to see you again.

Holly--Bet you'll be happy to get out of the house for a couple of hours.

Shad-Good luck at the eye doctor to night. I missed my appointment in November, but will rescheduled it soon.

Hollyhock
02-02-2007, 01:28 PM
HI..bumping us up!!!

ceejay52
02-02-2007, 03:14 PM
Where is everyone?

Meadow
02-02-2007, 04:33 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Skylarkca/Groundhog_scared.gif

Yep, it is sunny here, so I guess we are going to be having winter for awhile longer :D

Did you know that Groundhog day has its roots in Candlemas Day? The day is the mid-point between the Winter Soltice and the Spring Equinox. A German observance from back in the 1700's, other European countries celebrate it too. I read not that long ago about a fellow who despised Christmas but would celebrate Candlemas Day because he thought it had a nicer feel and was more connected to the Earth.

Loved Groundhog day movie, makes me laugh everytime I watch it. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again :lol3:

Doesn't February feel so much better than January? January created alot of tension in my neck and shoulders, expectations abound in that month as well as regrets. February is when the new year really seems optimistic and full of wonderful days ahead :) :carrot:

Stay cool chicks :hug: :wave:

ceejay52
02-03-2007, 12:05 AM
Meadow--The ground hog did not see his shadow here. Unfortunately, we're going to have some more fridgid weather for another week. The full moon is beautiful. We had some more snow this morning. It left about as fast as it came.

MELODY525
02-03-2007, 10:15 AM
JUST YOU AND I CEEJAY ON PAGE 11....WOW YOU GIRLS HAVE BEEN BUSY.
I AM SORRY THAT I DIDN'T COME BACK AS PROMISED. THINGS GOT A BIT OVERWHELMING FOR ME. THERE WAS NEVER ENOUGH TIME AND IT ALWAYS SEEMED LIKE I WAS "RUNNING" SOMEWHERE. THAT OLD SAYING THAT I AM DANCING AS FAST AS I CAN...COMES TO MIND.
THE JOB ISN'T SETTLED YET. SOME FLAWS IN THEIR PLAN. I AM OK WITH THE OUTCOME EITHER WAY :dance:
SOCIAL SECURITY DECIDED IT WAS TIME TO GO AFTER ME AND JEN AND SEE IF THERE IS ANY "HIDDEN" MONEY :rofl: LOTS OF PAPER, FAXES AND PHONE CALLS. I AM FINISHED AS OF FRIDAY AND JEN IS STILL GOING:faint: I TOLD HER TO ASK FOR AN OFFICE VISIT. WHEN THEY SEE HERE THEY WILL REALIZE THEIR ERROR. THE PROBLEM IS IF YOU DON'T SOUND "SICK" THEY GET SUSPICIOUS. THE GOVT REALLY NEEDS TO TRAIN THEM BETTER....WE'RE NOT ALLOWED TO BE HAPPY AND MENTALLY SOUND. (OR AS SOUND AS I AM....:lol3: )
I AM FEELING MUCH BETTER. THE EARS AND EYES PERSIST BUT IT'S BEEN A VERY UNUSUAL WINTER...OR LACK THEREOF. RICHIE IS BACK TO WORK AND THERE IS $$ IN THE BANK. SIGH OF RELIEF. ALL IS WELL IN MY CORNER OF THE WORLD AND I HOPE IT IS IN YOURS ALSO.
LOOKING FORWARD TO A CALM AND QUIET WEEKEND.
WISHING YOU ALL A GREAT ONE ALSO.
NOW I'LL GO AND READ YOUR POSTS...SEE WHAT ANTICS Y'ALL HAVE BEEN UP TO. :moped:
HAPPY SATURDAY/SUNDAY :sunny:

Hollyhock
02-03-2007, 10:18 AM
Sunlight here!!!! And a glorious full moon last night beaming thru the trees casting shadows everywhere. Living out in the woods does have it’s blessings.Woke to bunny trails in the snow too.

DH just took his car to the shop. I will go to the hair shop today for a few hours. I have some cold symptoms but not too badly. Had a good restful sleep. Really must shower. Rather enjoying reading and having coffee. Gave hubby the clorox wipes for the remotes, video games, door knobs etc.I just wiped down the computer. Bugs begone!!

I am in a bit of a slump. Have been for a bit( since Christmas).Lacking my usual “attack” for life. Mostly burnout.
Need to find my drive and passion.

Hiya Mel and Ceejay!!! HUGS!!!!!!!

happy2bme
02-03-2007, 11:09 AM
Hey girls,

Ugh Mel... I can only IMAGINE what a mess it is to have the government digging around in your personal life. Hope things go your way :hug:

I looked around a bit last night. There is no place that starts with an F that is warm this time of the year. Yesterday it was 1C in Florence. Was a bit warmer in the Falkland Islands off Argentina. So we just might wind up being Frankfurters in February after all.

Busy weekend for me. Have to go pick up my new glasses today. We are meeting a friend who's in town for the weekend tomorrow. And tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday - where I just know my beloved "dah Bears" will win. In between that lots of the usual weekend chores.

Got to run now, DH is pestering me - will you be ready to go in 45 minutes and I haven't even showered yet. Later chicks. Enjoy your weekend.

MELODY525
02-03-2007, 11:35 AM
HOLLY~ QUITE A FEW PEOPLE I KNOW HAVE BEEN FEELING THAT SINCE THE HOLIDAYS. :hug: HOPE TOO THE KIDS FEEL BETTER AND YOUR NEW LIFESTYLE GOES WELL. BURNOUT CAN TAKE A WHILE TO OVERCOME. HOLD ON TILL SPRING!

NAE~ I LOVED THE POST OF CAMPING, FISHING AND THE HOCKEY SON!! GLAD THINGS ARE GOING WELL. CHANGES TAKE TIME!! GIVE IT A CHANCE TO BECOME A NEW HABIT. THE HARDER YOU TRY THE LONGER IT WILL TAKE. SO JUST RELAX. KEEP YOU HEAD IN THE PRESENT IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. I ALWAYS WENT INTO THE FUTER AND THOUGT ONLY OF THE "WHAT IFS" AND RUINED MANY A RELATIONSHIP. :hug: GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE!

MEADOW~ BIBBIDDI BOBBIDDI BOO TOO YOU ALSO. WHAT DISNEY MOVIE IS THAT FROM. I CAN HEAR IT BUT CANNOT "SEE" IT. :rofl: BILL MURRAY WAS A PERFECT CAST FOR THAT MOVIE. CRACKED US UP ALSO. I WAS THINKING OF YOU LAST NIGHT. I NEED TO WATCH SARAH AND JACK AS I CANNOT REMEMBER ANY OF IT!!! I THINK IT WAS THE CODEINE AND MY BACK AT THE TIME. MUST HAVE SLEPT THRU MOST OF IT :faint: YOUR WORDS OF WISDOM COME TO ME AT THE BEST OF TIMES. I HAVE BEEN GOOD TO MYSELF AND CONTINUING TO MOVE IN A FORWARD DIRECTION. :hug:

MADCAT~ LET'S ALL FLY TO FRANCE FOR FEBRUARY! :rofl: :dance: SEND THE SNOW HERE!!! I CAN'T EVEN MAKE ONE LOUSY SNOWBALL YET!!! THE POST OF YOUR KNEE VS EXERCISE REMINDED ME NOT TO OVER DO IT THIS WEEK GETTING BACK TO NORMAL. THANKS! HOPE THE SNOW BY YOU DOESN'T GET OUT OF HAND!!!

CEEJAY~ WE HAD A FEW CARPETS OF WHITE BUT THAT WAS ALL. VERY SAD. I HAD A LAUGH AT YOUR MAYOR AND GOING HOME EARLY. OUR MAYOR IS THE OPPOSITE! EVERYONE STAYS AND MAKES SURE THE TOWN IS "SAFE" FROM THE EVIL & WICKED WHITE WITCH OF THE NORTH. :rofl: CONGRATULATIONS ON THE 3 LB LOSS.....THEY CAME TO NJ JUST IN CASE YOU WANT THEM BACK I'D BE HAPPY TO MAIL THEM!!! :lol3:

SUZI~ GOOD LUCK WITH THE 3 DAYS A WEEK AND HOPE THERE IS TIME FOR YOURSELF NOW THE KIDS HAVE RETURNED TO SCHOOL.

LINUS~ :faint: :faint: :faint: OMG!!! I WAS JUST THINKING OF YOU THE OTHER DAY AT THE MALL. I SAW A PREGNANT WOMAN HEADING FOR THE KIDDIES DEPARTMENT AND THOUGHT HOW TIME HAS FLOWN!!!
HANG IN THERE.....ONLY A FEW SHORT YEARS TILL HE'S 21 AND YOU CAN TOSS HIM OUT...:rofl: :rofl: OR AT THE VERY LEAST SEND HIM TO SHAD AND SHE CAN USE THE PROD ON HIM!!! :lol3:

CARLA~ THANK GOD THE BOIL ISN'T IN THE NOSE AND IT'S ONLY SHAD'S FOOT IN THERE!!!! :rofl: :rofl: I WAS LAUGHING SO HARD OVER HERE THAT I FEEL GUILTY!!
THE BEST WAY IS TO LET A DR LANCE IT AND GET IT OVER WITH. THEY CAN INFECT SO EASILY. BE CAREFUL!!
I THOUGHT YOUR POST ON "THINKING" WAS VERY POSITIVE. I HAVE BEEN DOING THE SAME. I AM EVEN RUNNING OUT OF EXCUSES NOT TO BE "GETTINGUP" AND DOING STUFF. WE'LL GET THE HANG OF GETTING HEALTHY SOONER OR LATER :lol3: :lol3:
IF WE ALL DON'T GET OUR BUTTS IN GEAR SOON,
WE'LL BE FORMING A CONGA LINE IN THE GLUE FACTORY TOGETHER!! :belly:
YOU DO CRACK ME UP THOUGH WOMAN!! :rofl:

HAPPY~ I AM READY WILLING AND ABLE. JUST GIVE ME A DATE AND TIME AND I WILL BE THERE. ALWAYS CHECK YOUR EMAIL IF YOU GET A BUSY SIGNAL. I TRY AND LEAVE THE PC ON IF I AM AWAY ON AN EMERGENCY.
THIS WAY NO ONE GETS CHARGED FOR THE CALL.
I LOVED THE RANTS. GOOD TOPICS AND I SAT HERE NODDING MY HEAD IN AGREEMENT!!! :tantrum: BUT I MUST ADMIT THAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING VERY HARD TO LET THIS STUFF "GO". I HAVEN'T GOT THE TIME FOR THE PAIN, HAVEN'T THE ROOM FOR THE PAIN......REMEMBER THE SONG? IS IT CARLY SIMON?

SHAD~LIVER ENZYMES???? THAT'S THE SAME REASON THEY SCANNED MINE LAST YEAR ALONG WITH MY KIDNEYS AND MY LOWER STOMACH..BUT I AM HEALTHY AS A HORSE WITH A TOUCH OF MYOPATY IN ONE OF THEM....LIVER OR KIDNEY. BUT THAT IS FROM MY DISORDER. HOPE YOURS ARE OK AS WELL AND THIS IS JUST YOUR NORMAL COUNT WHICH IS WHAT MY DR SAID ALSO. :hug: FUNNY BUT WHILE THE FIASCOS WERE EVOLVING OVER HERE I COULD HEAR YOUR VOICE IN MY EARS. I MUST SAY THAT I DID TAKE TIME FOR MYSELF AND WENT WITH THE FLOW. I AM GETTING VERY GOOD AT DELEGATING :rofl: I SEE YOU NOW HAVE CYCLONE NADIA?!?!?!? IS SHE MARRYING KING KONG??? WHAT A COMBO. :faint:

I AM ALL CAUGHT UP. GOING TO GET SOME HOUSEWORK DONE. SILENCE REIGNS AT THE BUILDING TODAY. SNOW TURNED INTO RAIN DURING THE NIGHT AND HAS SINCE VANISHED. GOING DOWN INTO THE TEENS AGAIN. I DID A BIG FOOD SHOP ON THURSDAY FOR MYSELF AND JEN. IT'LL BE TOO COLD FOR US NEXT WEEK SO WHY GO!!!
NICE TO BE GETTING SO ORGANIZED....ESPECIAL FOR MYSELF! HAPPY WEEKEND AGAIN.....:scooter:

carla49
02-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Yabbadabba doo! Sheeee's back!!! Mel, that is. Sounding her usual fine self.

No time for a real post right now, but have a suggestion: some of us really, really want to go somewhere warm for Phebruary. So maybe we could be fonetic, and go to Phuket Thailand? Gorgeous weather, fine beaches, lazy days... Meanwhile I'll keep searching for a warm F.

Later.

ceejay52
02-03-2007, 01:20 PM
Florida is warm this time of year.

The snow left about as soon as it came.

Holly- the full moon last night was beautiful. Oh and thanks for sending use the Canadian air. It's suppose to be cold all week. We need some cold weather.

Mel--Hope things work out for the best.

Hello- to Happy, Shad, Carla, Meadow, Suzi and Madcat.

Meadow
02-03-2007, 02:13 PM
:hug: Mel-the song was from the Disney classic Cinderella, sung by the fairy godmother :) I hope Thomas and Sarah bring a smile to your face. If you ever get a chance to see Forever Green series, I think you would delight in that too, they were both in that tv series about city folk moving to the country and all that entails :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Skylarkca/CINDERELLA.jpg

Holly-I think we should start our own calendar. The new year is February and January is the stop gap, prep month ;) I hope you find your mojo again. Shine on bright star!

Ceejay-snow is still here :lol: shall I send you a truck load?! :lol3:

Carla-oh, Thailand, that sounds interesting. I hope you are feeling better.

Happy-Are you having a superbowl party? Did you get designer glasses? I always gravitate to the Sophia Loren ones but I don't wear glasses so... I'm usually trying to convince my friend she should buy them, I am the eyewear judge. She got small, rectangle one's last time, not designer, but they looked very current.

Shad-how was your eye test? Do you need a new prescription? :)

:wave: Suzi-I hope you aren't anywhere near those forest fires! Be safe. Seen any sunrises?

:wave: Rose-I think your life sounds quite delightful in a new, test yourself and your limits sort of way ;)

:linus:-put CJ down and come tell us how you are planning to break free and get down to the pub with the adults? Have your older children been useful for a bit of respite? Never too early to learn to change diapers and be tender, boys need lots of practise :p

:wave: PainterWoman-what did you do artwise today? *no, she hasn't posted, she is in my thoughts :)

My sisters are coming up this weekend. Should be fun. It is my oldest daughter's birthday on Monday, so we will be celebrating Sunday. She wants me to make a chocolate cake with white icing and heart sprinkles. We went shopping for her presents yesterday. We allow her a certain amount and she gets to pick her own gifts. (I bought her one thing she doesn't know, a ceramic fairy painting kid) She bought the game "Mousetrap" I have no idea what the rules are but it is so much fun to set the balls moving in the domino effect to trap the mouse. I convinced her to get a spirograph kit. I used to love mine as a kid and the new ones look even jazzier for swirling about with.

I am a multi-dimensional woman of substance. I don't believe I need the protective coating of fat anymore. Having depth of soul and heart is enough. I'm okay being less thickly covered. No one can change my core. Being condensed and compact, with visible bone definition would be an interesting feeling. I am going to get there :D

The Road Not Taken
by Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that, the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

carla49
02-03-2007, 06:38 PM
Meadow, you gave me a good laugh. Until I realized you'd made a typo, I was wildly trying to figure out where you had been able to buy a ceramic fairy painting kid, just what it might be, whether BC had repealed its child labour laws, not to mention anti-slavery legislation, whether there was a gay slur in there... :crazy: (It really takes very little to amuse me.) :D
In today's paper they were talking about a major earthquake maybe heading your way - or are you far enough from the fault line to be okay regardless?

Ceejay, I'm pretty sure that cold air didn't come from Canada. As far as I can tell it's still hanging around up here. :lol3:

Maybe we should all just go to Flatbush, New York City area - it'll be cold, but we can spend ALL our time visiting Mel, and if the whole gang shows up it'll be mighty warm in her place. Of course the powers-that-be might assume she's running a flophouse (which, coincidentally, also starts with an f) and we'll be evicted en masse. It is good to know Mellie's okay, sense of humour intact. Never a dull moment in her life!

It turned out the many, many boil remedies weren't 100% effective, and campho-phenique isn't available here, but between coatings of toothpaste (!) and cupping it with a hot jar, there seems to be some progress. I had to quit playing with it as the surrounding area was very annoyed at the heat and tape applications, but the bugger has shrunk... I may start a new assault tomorrow. Meanwhile my formerly ski-mogul-sized bump is slightly less likely to attract an acrobatic ski team...

I had a little party Thurs night, it went surprisingly well. About a dozen people, pot-luck munchies, lots of fun conversation, no incidents, everybody gone by 9:30. The only problem was when the da***d cat escaped as some guests arrived and zipped into a neighbour's unit as she was trying to leave for a night at the theatre. It's lucky we get along well and the building is quite secure, as she just left her door unlocked for me to retrieve the guilty party. Zen was of course very proud of himself, and has made several trips since to her door hoping to get in again. Watch for him on an upcoming episode of Prison Break... :rofl:

Gotta go, dinner time. Shad, Happy, Suzi, Happy, Linus, hello and more to say next time. :wave:

Meadow
02-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Carla it makes my day to know that I gave you a laugh :lol: :clapping: The old me would have hurriedly gone to edit out the boo boo, but as I have vowed to lower my body armour, I will leave my spelling error(s)*there could be more :p Hopefully, someone else will get a giggle. I am not perfect, the perfect people die because what's left after that ;) Holy moly, on your cat! I would have been frantic. I'm glad he found a safe harbour. Good to hear your owie is shrinking... may it shrivel to nothing soon ;)

Shad
02-03-2007, 07:37 PM
I hate to be the fly in the ointment - however Phuket is pronounced Pookette by the locals - so unless we have Pebruary, then Pookette is out.
Glad to hear that the ski jump is shrinking.

Ceejay - Glad you are getting a tax refund. However it is not a good idea to get it from the federal government and give it back to the state.

Countries of the world - according to Google there are only 3 Fiji, Finland, France. Fiji is in the middle of a coup, Finland is where we came from, and Happy won't go to France. So lets settle for somewhere FARAWAY.
Since we require a reasonable standard of living the countries we can't go to are:
“Least Livable” Countries, 2006
1. Niger
2. Sierra Leone
3. Mali
4. Burkina Faso
5. Guinea-Bissau
6. Central African Republic
7. Chad
8. Ethiopia
9. Burundi
10. Mozambique
11. Congo, Dem. Rep. of the
12. Malawi
13. Zambia
14. Côte d'Ivoire
15. Benin
16. Tanzania
17. Angola
18. Guinea
19. Nigeria
20. Rwanda
21. Eritrea
22. Senegal
23. Gambia
24. Haiti
25. Mauritania
26. Kenya
27. Zimbabwe
28. Yemen
29. Lesotho
30. Djibouti
And if you know where all those are, go to the top of the class.
We may need to start on the States of Countries and then go to the cities and towns. Who knew getting digs could be so hard?

Should reply to the others too, but I have run out of time. Be back later

happy2bme
02-03-2007, 09:26 PM
Ok, this is just too hard. I did kind of like the Falkland Islands off of Argentina. 5 different kinds of penquins. Great wildlife. Not alot of people - they treat you well I hear. And just a short hop to Antartica.

What say we spend February in Florida? Weather is not too bad over there - perhaps a bit wet but we are well ahead of hurricane season. We can go to Disneyworld - the happiest place on earth (says them). If we're in DisneyWorld, then we'll just damn have happy faces, won't we :D :D :D

We can also descend upon Tig. Fix her for not showing up in Japan and greeting us properly...

Got to go make dinner. Might move us tonight if I have time.

Thanks for the list Shad - that will definitely help me the next time I'm searching :rofl: :rofl:

ceejay52
02-03-2007, 09:35 PM
Shad--Are you wanting to go to Africa? That's where most of those places are located.

carla49
02-04-2007, 12:21 AM
Rats, those silly Thais, no idea how to pronounce things right. :lol: I guess the 'h' has its own little reason for being there. By the way, Shad, I have a couple of colleagues who are supposed to be researching the source of the 'pied de nez' expression. I'll let you know if they ever produce.

I guess Florida it is! Unless of course anyone wants to go to Flin Flon Manitoba for a bracing winter visit. Skies are clear, plenty of sun in the forecast, and it's only going down to -34C tonight. (No that's not a typo. And when it gets that cold, Fahrenheit and Celcius are pretty much the same...) No place for wusses, and no Santa Claus.

Why won't Happy go to France? Did I miss something? I could be the group interpreter if that would help. Lots of fine wine, good food, dog poop everywhere you walk... :lol3:

G'night all.

Shad
02-04-2007, 02:55 AM
I'm happy with the Falklands - we could stay there for March as well since the Argentinians call them the Malvinas. :rofl:

MELODY525
02-04-2007, 10:18 AM
WTF.......WHERE TO BEGIN......YOU GIRLS ARE JUST TOO FUNNY AND I JUST WOKE UP :rofl: :rofl:
WHILE LAUGHING, I HAVE FORGOTTEN WHAT WAS SAID NOW.
THE FALKLANDS MUST BE BETTER THAN FLORIDA.....THERE ARE TORNADOES RIPPING THE STATE APART! :yikes: :faint: FLATBUSH IS FROZEN LIKE FLIN FLON. AND BTW...ARE YOU GUYS MAKING THESE NAMES UP?? THEY SOUND KINDA FISHY TO ME :lol3: :lol3:
WE COULD GO TO F*UCKING FSCOTLAND AND HELP LINUS CHANGE THE DIAPERS AND TAKE HER TO THE PUB!!
IF PHUKET CAN HAVE AN "H" THEN SCOTLAND CAN HAVE THE "F" :dance: I HOPE ALL THIS HELPS YOU MISS HAPPY!!
YESTERDAY I GOT ON A CLEANING SPREE. THE BATHROOM IS NEAR SPOTLESS AND THE BIG KITCHEN CLOSET IS SORTED OUT. LAST NIGHT I WORE PAIN PATCHES TO BED. WHO KNEW CLEANING COULD BE SO HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH :rofl: :rofl: I FOUND A CAN OF UNOPENED BAKING SODA/POWDER(?) FROM 2003 :faint: TODAY IS JEN'S BD AND WE ARE CELEBRATING DOWN HERE. SHE IS 39. FUNNY HOW SHE CAUGHT UP TO ME CAUSE THAT'S MY AGE ALSO :belly:
WE'LL WATCH DVDS AND THEY VOTED FOR CAMPION(PBS) SO SARAH AND JACK WILL HAVE TO WAIT. OFF TO THE SHOWERS. WARMING UP THE BATHROOM RIGHT NOW. WE'RE GOING TO HAVE AN ENTIRE WEEK OF COLD. SOME SINGLE DIGITS. :(
HAPPY SUNDAY/MONDAY :moped:

HAPPY~ HOW ARE THE GLASSES? YOU ARE PROBABLY POSTING AS I TYPE. ME AND THE GANG WILL BE RIGHT THERE FOR THE SB PARTY. MEADOW IS PICKING US ALL UP IN HER FAIRY GODMOTHER COACH!!

MEADOW I OVED THE DISNEY GRAPHIC. THAT SONG WAS GOING THRU MY HEAD LAST NIGHT IN BED. JUST COULD NOT THINK OF CINDERELLA. :rofl: NICE VISIT WITH THE SISTERS!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DD!!! :hb: :gift:
I THINK I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ON THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED....I HATE CROWDS :rofl: ::dance:I TOO THINK I AM READY TO JUST BE MYSELF SANS THE FAT. I TOO HAD A LAUGH AT THE PAINTING KID. EVEN THOUGH I WAS STILL 1/2 ASLEEP I GOT IT RIGHT AWAY :lol3:
HOPE SHE ENJOYS HER DAY TO THE FULLEST AND LOVES THE GIFTS. :hug:

SHAD~ ISN'T THERE AN "F" NEAR YOU? A TOWN NICE AND WARM?? WTF???? JUST STICK AN F ON THE FRONT AND NONE OF US WILL BE THE WISER!!! I GOT MY PHONE BILL AND OUR LAST CALL ISN'T ON THERE. MAYBE THEY FORGOT....GUESS IT'LL CATCH ME NEXT MONTH...:lol3: HOW IS FAWLTY TOWERS? OOOOHHHHH THERE WE GO... I FORGOT FAWLTY!!! :lol3: WE'RE ON OUR WAY!!! GET READY AND STAY WELL.

CARLA~ JUST WHEN I WAS GETTING THE KNACK OF USING A SCALPEL YOU GET THE DAMNED BOIL UNDER CONTROL! :tantrum: I AM SURE HAPPY WOULD HAVE BEEN A GREAT ASSISTANT NURSE AND MEADOW WOULD HAVE SOME GREAT HERBAL REMEDIES FOR POST SURGERY! THE GREAT CAT ESCAPE....WASN'T THAT A MOVIE WITH STEVE MC QUEEN IN IT??? MAYBE ZEN DIDN'T WANT TO ATTEND THE PARTY AND GO HAVE ONE OF HIS OWN....:rofl: NEXT PARTY YOU HAVE WE ARE ALL GOING TO YOUR HOME!!! HAPPY WILL BRING THE LITTLE UMBRELLAS!! HOPE YOU DON'T HAVE A POOL THERE CAUSE SHE HAS A HABIT OF PUTTING FROGS IN THEM :faint: OR IS IT FINDING? I FORGET.

CEEJAY~ MAYBE THERE IS AN "F" TOWN NEAR YOU AND WE CAN GRAB HAPPY ALONG THE WAY.
HOW ABOUT "FPARAGOULD"???? :rofl:
HOPE YOU ALSO ARE STAYING WARM. TEMPS DOWN YOUR WAY ARE ALSO OUT OF WHACK RIGHT? SHAD WANTS AFRICA? NOW THERE IS SOME HEAT!!!!:flame:

HOLLY~ GLAD THE FAMILY IS COOPERATING TO ANY DEGREE!!! GOOD FOR YOU. HOW DO YOU LIKE THE NEW JOB?

happy2bme
02-04-2007, 12:27 PM
I'm happy with the Falklands - we could stay there for March as well since the Argentinians call them the Malvinas. :rofl:

Actually, the British residents of the Falklands get VERY :mad: :rollpin: :club: :frypan: :kickbutt: if you call them Malvinas. They beat off the Argentinians in the war and will have no reference to them. I think though that the Argentinians stand at the shore line, cup their hands and yell - hey MALVINAS - have a nice day :coach:

See - I have been very thorough in my research :book2: :comp: - you just think I pull a spot out of my hat randomly, don't you? :lol:

happy2bme
02-04-2007, 01:52 PM
I've set up the new thread

February home in the Falkland Islands (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1560473#post1560473)