Old 01-13-2007, 09:54 AM   #1  
For a fit, healthy me!

S/C/G: s3x/s2x/healthy and fit

Height: 5 feet even

Talking Last night I went out to dinner....

To Friendly's, no less! With four kids under 10, our restaurant choice isn't always condusive to healthy eating. In the past I would have ordered a sandwich, fries with ice cream for dessert. Last night I ordered grilled flounder (it had some breading but I scraped most of it off,) I had them do double the veggies and left off the rice and skipped the ice cream. I waited until we got home and was satisfied with a diet hot cocoa. I ate healthy and still got a break for planning, cooking and cleaning up from dinner. So happy with myself!

Any one else have some "carrots" to share?
Casey4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 09:58 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

UMmmm, those carrots are for you, none of my own to share right now. But I'm REAL happy for you. Doesn't it feel great? And I just noticed we're the same height!!!! There are not too many of us 5 footers around. Here - have some more carrots -they'rehealthy!! and you deserve them!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:01 AM   #3  
Movin' and Groovin'

S/C/G: 289/269/180

Height: 5'6"

My kids get rewards with there report cards at the local Dairy Queen. They can get anything from fries to a whole meal. So, we all went to Dairy Queen to eat. Right when you walk in, you see the cooler with all the ice cream cakes and dilly bars and other ice cream treats.

We go up to the counter to order and the kids got what they wanted, DH ordered his food and I ordered the grilled chicken salad with water. Afterwards, the kids got ice cream. I waited till I got home and had my no sugar added ice cream bar.
JennyWenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:03 AM   #4  
Almost the Big 50!

S/C/G: Goal of 150!

Height: 5'8"

I go to Applesbees and get the brick chicken,,,comes with a side of salad,,,while my son is eating ribs, however have not been eating meat on my diet stick to Boca Burgers and the products they make...feel much better then eating any meat or chicken
CyberGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:38 AM   #5  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

On Friday's, we usually get take-out or go out to eat. Hubby and I discussed if we could go out and stay on plan and where we should go...we also discussed if we could get take-out from somewhere. We finally decided to just cook up one of the recipes in the SB diet cookbook. It was delicious! and we saved a little money!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 11:34 AM   #6  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

That's awesome, Casey! I do believe you can make healthy choices anywhere you go. It may not always be easy, but it is always worth the effort!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:03 PM   #7  
For a fit, healthy me!

Talking Big Carrots to everyone!!!!!!

Rockinrobin: Short People UNITE! Seriously, I can't wait to feel less like a Weeble and more petite! I am tired of being round. Thanks for the good thoughts.

Kathy
Old 01-13-2007, 10:31 PM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

Casey, I just read your profile and we have even more in common!!!! I'm 43 and I have 3 daughters. Okay you're the year younger, and have an extra daughter, but still I think that's pretty close.

Petite, that's something I haven't felt in long time. But that's the EXACT feeling I'm looking for again. I just want to be small again. Short's one thing, small's another.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:24 PM   #9  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

We went out last night & they had prime rib available, but I ordered a caprese salad & water. We also shared an appy of hummus, bruschetta, and goat cheese with marinara sauce on either flatbread or a pretzel-dough breadstick. I feel good about making good choices.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:27 PM   #10  
For a fit, healthy me!

Talking Good for you Pretty Face!!!!

RR: You are well on your way to your "new you." You must feel so proud of yourself. How old are your girls? Mine are 9, 9, 6 and 20m. With how busy they keep me you would think there wouldn't be an ounce of fat on me--let alone 100+! Before each of those pregnancies I had lost a bunch of weight. That is not in the cards for me again so this time it is all about getting healthy! Small will be such a nice bonus!
Old 01-14-2007, 11:28 PM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

My girls are a lot older then yours. They are 19, 17 and my "baby" will be 15 this Wednesday. Wow, twins, that is HARD. When my kids were really young I was very into "mommy mode", it was all about them. Which is a ridiculous notion, a BIG mistake, they definitely missed out on things because Mommy was just to fat and miserable to do things. I'm glad you're figuring it out waaay before I did.